Copa América 2004

edcq

anyone watching it?

Colombia is beating Venezuela 1-0 in the opener so far.

The tournament is taking place in my home country, Peru so I'm hoping they can do something with the home-team advantage. I'm also hoping that Jefferson Farfan kid plays well, he reminds me of Rooney. Young and talented. Brazil are favorites to take the whole thing, but Argentina isn't too far off.

So anyone else keeping track of this? It's on the spanish channel.

Yeah was just watching the beauty, I cant wait to see Brazil, haven't seen them since the world cup.

The penalty wasn't a penalty if you ask me, but then again it was always hard to judge. Making the guy retake it was pathetic as there really wasn't much wrong with it, the second was so lucky to have gone in too.

Haven't watched the second half as I've been playing a game.

They weren't sure why he had to retake it, I think its to do with when he ran up, one of his team mates or someone began to run into the box, and I think the rules say that you cant do that until he kicks the ball, or something. They said the referees are standing firm with these rules nowdays.

first half of Peru/Bolivia is done. Bolivia leads 1-0. :(

Peru was playin well in the opening moments, but now they are playing hurried and trying to go to the air. Our players aren't tall at all, the only one that actually is comfortable playing in the air is Pizarro, who isn't in his striker position. Autori has him behind the 2 strikers and he hasn't been doing much. Farfan is playing great so far, tryin to make plays and Solano had some good touches. If Peru wants to win, they need to put Pizarro in his striker role, where he plays comfortably and they need to calm down.

w00t! we just scored. 2-1 . . . c'mon PERU!!!

the goal came from a penalty though, we're still playin shit.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!

Chorri . . . what a fuckin goal. 2-2

Edited by 17

you're peruvian contact should've kept his mouth shut, eventhough I was expecting an easy win, I knew we'd mess up.

Every time I decide to bet on Peru, they mess it up like drawing with Brazil. Peru can still make it, they were the better team yesterday and Farfan is going to be some player.

Longest Night Ever for Ecuador. I new Argentina was the better team, but that was embarassing. Does anyone else think that those fields are odd looking in size, or is it just the TV coverage?

hey,anybody watch the Costa Rica-Chile game,was a great game and Costa Rica won,who you think will go to the semifinals,here are my picks:

Costa Rica-Colombia:Costa Rica(hey is my country).

Uruguay-Paraguay:Uruguay.

Mexico-Brasil:Brasil.

Argentina-Peru:Argentina.

Edited by angeluzcr