Do these people have a clue??

Jester of Death

I (unfortunatly) own a gamecube, and not either of the other two systems

now besides the fact that the gamecube will produce a half decent game every other year, i am now regretting my decision

I am a big fan of the EA Sports Titles and am looking forward to the 2005 series of games

BUT, the gamecube version is now the only system to be absent of online play

is it me, or does the gamecube need to get into the picture here with this online play?

don't they get that they are last in sales because of this flaw

The lack of online play IS a stupid mistake by Nintendo. Basically, you can play Phantasy Star Online and that's it.

However, a half decent game every other year? That is a COMPLETE overstatement.

Anyways, I have my Gamecube, I love it, but I've still got my PS2 for playing online/RPGs/GTA/etc. You should get one (in fact, I would honestly recommend getting the PS2 before the other two since it has the best game library in general and can run DVDs without a stupid remote).

At the time when the Gamecube was released, the idea of online console games was but a fledgling thing. Nintendo was banking that their Cube wasn't going to have to mess with the whole, but it came up faster than they thought.

However, some dedicated Gamecube fans have found ways to play Mario Kart: Double Dash, and other games online.

Don't forget, Nintendo was the first to go online, with the 64DD's modem in Japan.

It was a disaster, I believe, and wasn't ported to the States.

The Gamecube is more oriented toward kids, unfortunately. Nintendo needs to pull their heads out of their asses and start producing games WITHOUT Mario or Donkey Kong in them.

I have a PS2, and wanted Godzilla Monster Smash Melee. They made it for X-Box and Gamecube, but not the PS2. Fortunately, I've heard the sequel WILL be made for PS2.

(The only reasons I'd get an X-Box are DOA3 and Halo)

The Gamecube is more oriented toward kids, unfortunately. Nintendo needs to pull their heads out of their asses and start producing games WITHOUT Mario or Donkey Kong in them.

They've made some good starting strides in that direction, as Metroid, Resident Evil, and Enternal Darkness all appeal to an older demographic.

is it me, or does the gamecube need to get into the picture here with this online play?

don't they get that they are last in sales because of this flaw

Online is hardly a factor in game sales, well certainly not in the UK, hardly anyone cares. I think I know of 3 people who have X-Box live, and no-one with PS 2 online. And when I worked at GAME, tehre was very little demand for it at all.

Online gaming just doesn't appeal to me, which is why I own a GC... but I was also smart enough to pick up a PS2 first. That's the pairing to have. GC has higher quality multi-console titles than PS2 and often Xbox and the best first-party developer there is. But the PS2 gets all the high quality exclusives first. Xbox still does nothing for me.

Online gaming has never been a huge thing for me, personally. The only real usage I get out of it concerns roster updates/content updates/etc. I will rarely play anyone online, mainly because I don't like playing against others. I prefer teaming up and slapping down some AI.

Btw, just came across a very interesting article concerning the matter. Seems if Mr. Iwata has his way, Nintendo won't be touching online at all.

Check out the piece here

Edited by The Midget

I really cant see much appeal for online console gaming. The only games I can think of that really lend themselves to the idea are FPS's, which are better on PC anyway. I'd much rather be playing PES, Mashed, or indeed Timesplitters 2 with 3 mates in the same room with a few beers than playing someone I dont know who could well leave at any time. As long as consoles continue knocking out good single screen multiplayer games I cant see it harming sales much.