Do these people have a clue??

Jester of Death

I don't really see what the big deal is all about. I bought my GCN for games like Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSBM, Paper Mario 2 (whenever the heck that comes out). I for one don't give a fuck if they're 'kiddy'. I for one enjoy gaming because it's fun, and if the gameplay is good, I don't care if my screen is filled with bright and sunny color.

Looking at my console collection, I'd have to say I found the PS2 the least fun of the three. Let's see, my PS2 collection consists of RoTK, Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, GTA and Smackdown (with the occasional hit or two, such as Disgaea). When it comes to multi-console ports, I always go with the X-Box it's the cheapest over here. Plus, the PS2 controllers fucking suck. Stupid things break so easily it's not even funny.

Besides, the only thing worth playing online would be FPS or RTS, and the PC owns in that catogory. If you want sports, its much funner to have the player next to you...or you could get off your ass and play the damn game yourself.

Overprotective Nintendo, staying behind as usual.

Once they have an idea that fails (The CD Zelda games, Virtual Boy) they're EXTREMELY hesitant to try again.

Whenever they release their next-gen system, it will have online support right from the start.

Which also means I'm predicting that Nintendo's next-gen will be the last one released, behind PS3 and Xbox 2.

Actually, all of Nintendo's talk has been that they'll be FIRST out of the door with their next-gen system.

And really, like someone already said, I don't care if a game is "kiddy" or not, or if it's "mature" or if it's "online" or if it's "Grand Theft Auto".

If a game is FUN, then that's all I need to know. PERIOD.

Actually Nintendo was mad at Microsoft, because Microsoft plans on releasing Xbox 2 next year and they said they were ruining the cycle of game consoles or something. But back on the point, personally, I feel as though the Gamecube isn't all that great. I'm into sports games and shooters, so I stick with PS2. I would like to have the PS2 Online adaptor, but I don't have the money, etc. I would like to play other people, because I get rather bored just playing the computer all the time. Gamecube should get online play, because people do like to play a variety of different games online. And besides, if you want to play a game against somebody halfway across the world because you're tired of playing against the computer and nobody can come over, etc., you should have the option to play online whether others agree or not, because people DO want to play online games.

Guest Hurricane

You could try inviting freinds over to your house. Much funner than playing online IMO, what with all the trash talking and beating up the winner.

^^^ That dude knows what he's talking about.

I bought my Network Adapter for PS2 the first time I found them in the stores. I played online a lot for the first couple weeks, but after playing roughly 25 games of Madden 2004, my record was only something like 8-5, due to the immature 12 year olds that disconnected with 0:01 left to go on the game clock.

I haven't really played online lately, and I dont miss it.

Yeah, but playing the same people over and over again gets boring, in my view. At least when you play online, you can have a variety of different people to play against.

Solution: Get more freinds.

Or, you could kidnap people off the streets and force them to play you, whatever floats your boat.