PS3's official release date and prices confirmed for the EU

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't know what to do now...

At first I was holding out for a PS3 no matter what because I've been playing playstation for too many years to switch and get used to something else.

However the incredibly high price has really turned me off it. Still, I still can't decide between the 360 which is obviously more a mature and more powerful system than the Wii but more expensive. Whereas I enjoyed playing on the Wii at a relative's house a while ago but I'm sure it won't be as fun if I play it alone. Then again, I'm not sure I want to buy another console at all since I have a huge library of PS2 games and it'd be a shame for them to sit and rot.

I really don't know what to do now...

At first I was holding out for a PS3 no matter what because I've been playing playstation for too many years to switch and get used to something else.

However the incredibly high price has really turned me off it. Still, I still can't decide between the 360 which is obviously more a mature and more powerful system than the Wii but more expensive. Whereas I enjoyed playing on the Wii at a relative's house a while ago but I'm sure it won't be as fun if I play it alone. Then again, I'm not sure I want to buy another console at all since I have a huge library of PS2 games and it'd be a shame for them to sit and rot.

I'm a student and I can afford the PS3, It's just that I've been thinking long term and checking out how many weeks I'll need to get the money for it. Today, I paid $500 AUD off of my pre-order, I have another $330 ready to pay, so all I need for it is another $170 + $200 for games, that's 4 weeks, and I have the time to raise that $400 or so before the release.

It's all about planning, do it right, and people won't know you've done anything.

Pssh, students. For those of us with more comprehensive living expenses to consider, it's not quite so easy. If I wanted to get together £425 for a PS3 plus throw in another £150-odd for games, it'd take nearly two months' worth of all my disposable income. And I really DON'T want to have no disposable income for 2 months.

I want a PS3. Just not when it's expensive and no doubt uber-faulty. Perhaps I'll get myself one on my 23rd birthday...in June 2008.

Edited by stokeriño

I'm a student and I can afford the PS3, It's just that I've been thinking long term and checking out how many weeks I'll need to get the money for it. Today, I paid $500 AUD off of my pre-order, I have another $330 ready to pay, so all I need for it is another $170 + $200 for games, that's 4 weeks, and I have the time to raise that $400 or so before the release.

It's all about planning, do it right, and people won't know you've done anything.

Pssh, students. For those of us with more comprehensive living expenses to consider, it's not quite so easy. If I wanted to get together £425 for a PS3 plus throw in another £150-odd for games, it'd take nearly two months' worth of all my disposable income. And I really DON'T want to have no disposable income for 2 months.

I want a PS3. Just not when it's expensive and no doubt uber-faulty. Perhaps I'll get myself one on my 23rd birthday...in June 2008.

It's not about being able to afford it because I could. It's just that I refuse to pay that much for a games console. Then all the accessories you need and games that are probably going to be around £40 to £50 each.

It's not about being able to afford it because I could. It's just that I refuse to pay that much for a games console. Then all the accessories you need and games that are probably going to be around £40 to £50 each.

Yeah, I understand completely what you mean, I'm just a fanboy. :shifty:

Although, I'm obviously being ripped off in the games department, new releases in Australia are at least $80 and generally, if well known enough of a game, $100. Clearly, I need to find somewhere else to buy my games from.

Although, I'm obviously being ripped off in the games department, new releases in Australia are at least $80 and generally, if well known enough of a game, $100. Clearly, I need to find somewhere else to buy my games from.

Import? PS3 is region free I hear but you could end up paying more with the added shipping costs.