What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

oh yeah, hell it'd get quite long just between me, you and Beatnik, heh

That's the point. Last time it was 100 pages long, and vairous movies/ratings were gone through, this allows a way for people to check past ratings, or offers a nice catelog of people who share tastes for movie rentals and so forth. I seperated Numbahs/Beatnik/Blackflagg because you three are probably the most respected movie go'ers and you three give the best reviews for the members to go through ;)

Man on Fire - 7/10

I enjoyed this one. The beginning is very slow but they build the relationship between Pita (Dakota Fanning) and Creasy (Denzel Washington) pretty nicely. Walken & Rourke played their small roles very well but I didn't like Marc Anthony in the role as Pita's father. I think someone better could've been cast.

Laws of Attraction - 5/10

It's really disappointing when a solid cast isn't enough to overcome a terrible script. This is one of those disappointments. Moore and Brosnan are pure charm in this film, but this attempted tribute to the romantic comedies of the 40's and 50's ends up as a combination of both the cliches of those movies and the cliches of modern romances. Of course their relationship will start up frosty, of course one cast member will get their heart broken, and of course the girl will realise her true feelings at the end to make for a happy ending. It just isn't realistic anymore. Thumbs down, but only with the tragic realisation that it could have been a lot better.

Kill Bill Vol 2 - 8/10

American History X - 9.5/10

Not only does this cement Edward Nortonas my all time favourite actor but American History X is now my all time favourite movie.

Kill Bill Vol. 2- (9.25/10)

I saw it again, and I have to boost it up a bit. The acting is superb, and when the dialogue is good (99% of the time), it's incredible (Carradine's Superman speech, for instance). I want to see this nominated for Best Picture, Actress, Actor, Screenplay, Director and maybe even Supporting Actor for Madsen.

Edited by Boulder

Wag the Dog - 8/10

I love this movie. It's an amazing cast put together with a script filled with political insight and released at the perfect time (the Clinton sex scandal). I particularly love Hoffman as the quirky Hollywood producer Stanley Motss, who you feel particularly sorry for towards the end. Thumbs up.

13 Going On 30 - 5/10

I was particularly surprised with how positive the reviews for this film were, and seeing it doesn't explain anything. The script is remarkably dull; a hodgepodge of the cliches of every romantic comedy with child elements ever made that builds to a remarkably predictable ending. Jennifer Garner is really charming, but one actor can't make a movie. Where Mean Girls made up for a run of the mill plot with a biting script, this one relies entirely on the star, and Garner is simply uncapable of carrying the film on her own. The worst part is that the supporting characters, all played by talented Hollywood mainstays, are completely one dimensional. A little content would have gone a long way with this one.