What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home...

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock was good. Not as good as Khan, but Christopher Lloyd makes for a great villain.

Christopher Lloyd is bizarrely wonderful as the least-Klingon Klingon ever. Stealing the Enterprise etc. was fun too, but basically everything involving Spock/the Genesis planet was kind of shit.

Star Trek IV (presuming that you'll be watching that soon) is great fun though. It's such a cliché 1980s family movie - right down to the environmental message - and is just overflowing with silliness.

You weren't kidding. I think I grew a mullet and got a Save The Whales t-shirt just from watching it.
  • Like 1

You could have probably trimmed it down to half an hour and not lost any meaningful content. What little bits of story there was were the most over-the-top hammered home melodrama imaginable

So like both the other Hobbit movies then.

Like the other Hobbit movies but more.

You could probably edit the trilogy down to a really quite good single film, and I hope somebody does one day.

Someone already has. It's called The Hobbit - Dwarved Version or something awful like that. (There and Back Again is RIGHT THERE)

I haven't seen it myself, but in theory all you'd need is the first 15 minutes of Battle of the Five Armies and maybe the last few minutes.

Oh yeah, I watched The Interview.

It's alright, it's about as standard as a James Franco/Seth Rogen film can be. I was getting really bored at the start, but it picks up enough once they actually get to Korea. It's a perfectly alright comedy, you'll probably get more out of it if you're into the Franco/Rogen combo, which I'm not. It definitely wasn't as good as This is the End.

Samurai Cop is a must watch for every movie lover. It really is. You'll anything that's bad about movie making but hey, it's still fun as dicks.

Trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OoZNdAQuA

There is even a scene where the sidekick goes under the fence instead of over it and this happens:

"Why did you go under?"

"Because I'm a undercover cop."

HELL YEAH.

Please someone watch this and share it's awesome awfulness with me!

• Like 2

Just watched The Equalizer which I swear was only made so that Denzel could kill people in some creative ways but I'll be damned if I didn't love every second of it. I'm a huge fan of Denzel and I'm not sure the movie would have been as fun had he not starred in it.

Samurai Cop is a must watch for every movie lover. It really is. You'll anything that's bad about movie making but hey, it's still fun as dicks.

Trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6OoZNdAQuA

There is even a scene where the sidekick goes under the fence instead of over it and this happens:

"Why did you go under?"

"Because I'm a undercover cop."

HELL YEAH.

Please someone watch this and share it's awesome awfulness with me!

Samurai Cop is a joyful thing,

I watched Star Trek Into Darkness. It sure looks nice.

Was kinda hollow though. I never really got invested in it.

• Like 1