Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion or Enchanted Arms?

TGC

I have both, and as blasphemous as it seems to be to say, I prefer Enchanted Arms.

I just prefer the more linear epic story driven approach rather than the "do what you like, when you like" thing that oblivioon has. I'm also a big fan of turn based battle systems (of which Enchanted arms has a fairly unique one), and the Japanese RPG style in general.

If I had all day to sit around playing video games (like I did when I was at college :shifty: ) I'd probably appreciate the scope of Oblivion a lot more.

Might as well ask this here instead of starting another thread.

I've sunk about 5 hours into Oblivion so far, and I'm trying the Unfair Competition(I think that's what it's called) side quest, but I'm completely out of lockpicks. This means I can't get dude's door unlocked to continue the quest.

Where can I find more lockpicks? I didn't think they'd be this difficult to find.

There's a shady guy outside the castle that sells them. Go out to the horse stable where the thieves guild meets at night. If you keep scaling the castle (keep going right) you'll eventually spot him nearby. He'll whisper out to you and then you'll see him.

I haven't played the game in a bit, so, I know that's not much help in specific terms, but hope it helps.

Thieves Guild. From what I've been told, get caught stealing something to trigger the "initiation"; once you've done that you can visit the 'leader' and buy lockpicks off of him. I know he sells them, but I don't remember exactly how I triggered the guild initiation (whether it was jail, or just paying a fine)

Best. Quest. Ever.

As soon as you can do it, DO IT. It gives a massive bonus to your lockpicking skill and gives you unlimited tries (so your skill goes up faster knowing that you can't run out of lockpicks, you can try over and over on the Very Hard ones)

Thieves Guild. From what I've been told, get caught stealing something to trigger the "initiation"; once you've done that you can visit the 'leader' and buy lockpicks off of him. I know he sells them, but I don't remember exactly how I triggered the guild initiation (whether it was jail, or just paying a fine)

That's awesome, do you guys know where I can find this quest? I'm at level seven or eight right now and haven't found a lot of locations yet. I tend to fast travel a lot, and therefore miss out on a lot of camps, inn's, mines, and caves.

By the way, what's everybodys favorite armor/weapons etc? Just out of curiosity. I'm personally a big fan of the shrouded armor as it looks so fucking swank, it goes well with the steel cutlass I do believe, or an enchanted steel bow.

That's awesome, do you guys know where I can find this quest? I'm at level seven or eight right now and haven't found a lot of locations yet. I tend to fast travel a lot, and therefore miss out on a lot of camps, inn's, mines, and caves.

By the way, what's everybodys favorite armor/weapons etc? Just out of curiosity. I'm personally a big fan of the shrouded armor as it looks so fucking swank, it goes well with the steel cutlass I do believe, or an enchanted steel bow.

Yeah, I don't have any expansion packs yet, though I hear they released something for the XBox 360 version. If that's the case, I'll have to pick it up, though I ought to get a bit further in my current game.

Thanks for the tip by the way, much appreciated.

And is it just me, or are Argonian's the most polite group in this game? I haven't run into an Argonian I didn't like, they're just such a swell group of people.

Yeah, I don't have any expansion packs yet, though I hear they released something for the XBox 360 version. If that's the case, I'll have to pick it up, though I ought to get a bit further in my current game.

Thanks for the tip by the way, much appreciated.

And is it just me, or are Argonian's the most polite group in this game? I haven't run into an Argonian I didn't like, they're just such a swell group of people.