• Electronica
    • Funk & Soul
    • Hard Rock & Alternative
    • Hip-Hop & Rap
    • Metal
    • Pop
    • Rock & 'Indie'
    • RnB & Urban

I prefer classic musicals, like Cats, Phanton Of The Opera and so on.

And animated musicals, like Aladdin and Lion King. Disney masterpieces.

...that was the question right? (¬_¬)

But seriously, I prefer almost any punk or hard rock.

I vote for Hard Rock and all of it's many different names...While it doesn't really cover the majority of the bands I'm into, it is the best choice out of those...

Didn't really have Prog Rock up there.

And of course Metal fits in there somewhere, I'm still a big time fan of Megadeth and all it's incarnations :)

I'm talking Rush, and Pink Floyd now :wub:

Edited by cloudtheconfused

Ehh...I don't really like "Hard Rock & Alternative" as a grouping, because it's the kind of Kerrang! idea that the only way to be "alternative" is to be slightly louder than what's on the radio, which clearly isn't the case. I don't know what my favourite genre is, to be honest, though, but I voted for "Rock & Indie" as it probably covers the likes of The Smiths and so on and so forth, although I'm definitely not adverse to a lot of bands that I'd probably class as electronica, funk, soul, classical, country, folk or metal, either.

Heavy Fuckin' Metal!

:)

On a side note, Rock and Indie being plumped together? That's like putting Skynyrd and the Arctic Monkeys together. :blink:

Its Metal that got my vote, although something weird has happened to my tastes over the past few years. After first finding the treasure trove of music at OcRemix, its completely thrown my tastes for a curve, as I can now get into real light acoustic music, electronica is a big one now (I fucking Love me some synths), orchestral is now a favorite, trip-hop, funk, folk, goddamn anything really. Oc gave me little samples of all the differant genres and a lot of the time i like what I see. But the actual bands I like are still predominantly metal, which still sticks me there I suppose.

I went with hard rock and alternative, but I had my own rationale for that.

I'm obviously a big fan of punk in all it's varities (hardcore, oi, 77 style, proto punk, synth, etc.), and I consider most of it to be hard rock. A lot of it has a harder edge than your average rock and roll band of the same era, and it was an alternative to the rock and roll of the 1970s.

The bands I've been digging that would be represented in the above mentioned categories would be Puke (hardcore), Condemned 84 (oi), Dead Boys (77 style), Zolar-X (proto punk), Suicide (synth), and Black Randy and the Metrosquad (etc. :shifty: ). Those are singular examples for each sub-genre I listed, as there are countless others that could be lumped in with those bands. Those were sort of off the top of my head/what I've been playing a lot lately.

Unfortunately there wasn't anything I could pick to represent surf or rockabilly without neglecting my priority in music. Then again, I probably could have converted rock/indie into some contrived explanation on why it got my vote. The word indie scared me away though.

Rock and Indie for me.

It's mostly British music I listen to though. There are the exceptions ( Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Audioslave, Wolfmother, The Decemberists ) but yeah, I can just get more into a Brit band than an American band on most days, which is weird because I hate most things British.