You wanna battle? First to 5, whatever style rules you want we can have someone post.

I just noticed your sig in another thread and figured 'What the hell? I can either add on to his win record, or bring about his first loss' and since I've apparently been on a roll lately and you're seemingly always good, I think it'd be a good battle.

So whatcha' say? Wanna go one-on-one with me?

(And I WILL get the size right this time =P)

ok you're one of 5 art directors for this upcoming Broadway play called "Earth , Wind , and Fire" you must create a concept art for the opening night show. Pictures of people are prohibited . Only have the title of the play and show times. a 1px border is a must.

size: 850 x 950

Man at first glance these rules look simple enough but they're damn confusing. I didn't really know what to make; a poster, a conceptual design? The huge size made it even more difficult too but anyways...

Below is a shrunken version, to view the full one click here

earthwindandfiresmall.jpg

loving it Aj you took some major difficult and not so specific rules and made a kick ass graphic. I dunno but I can just imagine this in front of the theater.

I, like AJ, found these rules to be very challenging though looking simple. I spent quite some time working on this baby...I'm really proud of the result too. I didn't want to copy AJ by putting the elements in the text, so I combined them to make the background and faded it a little so the colors weren't as vibrant as they were when I finished blending and whatnot. I shrunk it down like AJ so as to not stretch anyone's screen, and saved a smaller version here. Mind you, the text is easier to read on the larger one =P

Here's the smaller version:

EarthWindFireSmall.jpg

I've uploaded the larger graphic, see the edit thing for details as to why I did this.

Let the voting begin!

EDIT: ...fucking Photobucket. Okay, so I just found out that Photobucket apparently has size limits or something, because it's pixelizing my graphic. I'll just upload it.

post-143-1089502498_thumb.jpg

Edited by Norris Scott

dang good battle guys. both great entries. Norris yours was great but it looks too washed out imo with more color you would have beat aj imo. but i'm gonna vote for Aj on this one

Really quick, what are we going to? First to 5? Or 3?

Damn they both are good. But i'm gonna have to give my vote to Norris. I like how everything is blended. It gives it a certain feel.

My Vote: Norris

P.S: I hope you both realize that "Broadway Presents" would never be on a poster. Because Brodway is in a theatrical company and/or a director. If you did want to put "Broadway" on the poster, you could of put "LIVE, On Broadway!" or somthing.

IF you look in Norris's opening post of the thread, it says first to 5 :P. My Vote is with AJ, only just but the way the text is gets my vote.

:huh: I forgot I even put that...lol

Okay well, things are getting close then.

AJ's got 4 votes, I've got 2 =P

Damn, ah well. Good battle AJ, really loved your entry. Congrats on the win, I'd love to take you on again sometime.