Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

It's inside for sure. I'd guess at it being either the processor or the fan.

Yeah, Champ Man seems to make my laptop overheat overheat a lot more than anything else, so it's probably that then.

Unlike my old computer, where the very painful sounding grinding noise it made whenever it started up were merely the symptoms of an oncoming catastrophic hard drive failure. :thumbsup:

I finally got around to installing champ manager again, I have decided to do the season as Wolves and face the daunting task of keeping them in the premiership, I have around £4.5m to spend on new players. I made an offer for Keown and it was accepted but he turned the deal down, I only want him for the 12 months but he is not intrested.

Since it is the Calcio update I have Carl Court and Paul Jones coming in sometime during the season but im not sure if I want them, Jones is a good keeper but I already have three of them and Court will cost me £2million so I will really only have £2.5m to spend if I go ahead and sign him so I might not bother.

Any suggestion on some players that will help me along the season, maybe Bergkamp if he will join.

Other then a brief spell as England last week, I hadn't played Champ Man in ages.

I went on today, intending to continue my old Sheffield United game, but I got bored an started a new game as Manchester United. Had a shit pre-season - good results wise, but I realised I'd much sooner have played some better teams. Got a good pre-season worked out for next year tho ;)

Anyway, I've signed Mexes, Rutsgamgee (just can't spell his name) and Aaron Lennon, but i'm trying to bring in a new midfielder. I've had HUGE bids for David Dunn and Kieron Dyer turned down, and i'm going for Carrick now, but if anyone has any idea's that'd be nice.................. :)

I'll try and think of some good players for ya Cortez. Not got the update, but using the original data, Jermaine Darlington is a great player you can get on a free (add him to your shortlist, and sooner or later Wimbledon offer him to you for free). He is awesome, and can play at left back or left wing.

Also, after he completes his loan at Coventry, Fillipe Oliveira (sp?) was very good in the first division, so he is worth a stab in the prem, and if you survive the first season Cartlton Cole is a FANTASTIC loan signing.

Also, after he completes his loan at Coventry, Fillipe Oliveira (sp?) was very good in the first division, so he is worth a stab in the prem, and if you survive the first season Cartlton Cole is a FANTASTIC loan signing.

Damn straight. Chelsea Reserves rule all. ;)

Looking at my team, we have four players injured, Kenedy is out for 2 months, George Ndah is out for 5 months, Lescott for 4 months and Miller out for 3 months. I think I will miss Kennedy and Ndah the most, I managed to sign Keown for £300,000 for 12 months with a contract of £16,500. I lost my first friendly match to Oldham 2-0 a bit of a disapointment hopefully I will manage to get a couple more veteran players for the season and then hopefully I stay up and will bring in some long term players.

Guest Mr McFarlane

my question got buried, so i'll ask it again. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE A BACKGROUND LEAGUE THE MAIN LEAGUE AND VICE VERSA???

Coach in the Background,

You can't make it a background again I do think

The only way I can think of is when you select the leagues you want to use, you tick the box that says Full detail and that becomes the main league, im not sure if you can change it during the game, if you can it will be in the options somewhere.

I have two games on the go at the moment, my long running Sheffield United game (well, about 1/3rd way through 3rd season, which is long running for me!), and I felt like managing a big club, so I'm halfway through a season as Man Utd, 4 points clear at the top, but with Arsenal and Chelsea next :(

To be honest, I feel like a challenge, like keeping a side up. Hows that Wolves season going Cortez?

To be honest, I feel like a challenge, like keeping a side up. Hows that Wolves season going Cortez?

I wanted to pick a side in one of the lower leagues that, while not battling against relegation, would be expected to end up in mid-to-lower table regions so that I would know that I was basically doing okay as long as I wasnt relegated - and therefore anything more than that is a bonus of my own work. ;)

I picked Lincoln City in the 3rd Division - only £45k in the bank, £26k transfer fees, board expectations are a secure mid-table position. Seems cool enough.

Then I get predicted 2-1 odds to win the league.

I don't want to be a favourite. :(

Not bad so far, I had to start again because I had selected to many leagues so it was running a bit slow.I still haven't started the season but I have just finished all my pre-season friendlys. I have signed Martin Keown, Poyet, and a couple of others who's names escape me at the moment. One of them is a defender at Crystal Palace, ill just be using him as cover for my left and right back, he was cheap and will be ok for the season.

EDIT- When I played as Leeds I enjoyed it a lot, it was a real hard challenege for me and I did still end up getting relegated, but I managed to build up the youngsters and we took the 1st division by storm.

If you want a challenege try Leeds.

Edited by Cortez

I wanted to pick a side in one of the lower leagues that, while not battling against relegation, would be expected to end up in mid-to-lower table regions so that I would know that I was basically doing okay as long as I wasnt relegated - and therefore anything more than that is a bonus of my own work. ;)

I picked Lincoln City in the 3rd Division - only £45k in the bank, £26k transfer fees, board expectations are a secure mid-table position. Seems cool enough.

Then I get predicted 2-1 odds to win the league.

I don't want to be a favourite. :(

I have a Lincoln City game. The team is currently mediocre, 9-1-9 I think. We were better until I sold Alan Marriott to Plymouth before realizing all of my backup keepers were trash. I also sold Ben Futcher to Preston, Charlie Trout to Cheltenham, Paul Mayo to Swindon, and Allan Pierce to Millwall(Pierce scored a lot of goals for me). I've brought in Mark Jones from Boro and Kirk Miller from Coventry. It also looks like I've be signing Uche Okereke from Julius Berger, a Nigerian side. I hope to turn the team around, but we'll see what happens.

After my Rotherham game got fucked up I started a Sheff Utd game. I didn't sign anyone (Other than Lionel Morgan, who I nearly always sign, he's the best that Wimbledon have, easily better than Rio Coker and Jobi McAnuff, give him a season or two and he develops into a beast)I won Division 1 with 105 points, then in my first season in the Premiership I came 10th. Then n order to keep Michael Brown on at the club (Who was now worth £7 million and capped 6 times) I requested more funds for wages, which were declined. So I put in an ultimatum (For the first time) and the bastards sacked me :angry: I got a job at Nott's Forrest in Division 1 in November. I finished 4th at the end of the season (When I took over they were 18th) with a limited transfer budget (£275k) but I never did the playoffs, I just wasn't having fun so I started again.

So i've started another game as Millwall. I made some signings, mostly just young players to put into my youth team and reserves. Most notably, Lionel Morgan (Unlike other games of mine, he didn't get a start until my second season) Reo Coker (I signed him right at the end of the season, I payed quite a lot for him as I feel sorry for Wimbledon), Ben Mackey (Good young striker from Coventry) and some absolutely stunning goalkeeper (Well in a few years) from Crewe. I also made 2 signings that went straight into my first team, Steven Reid from Blackburn for £1mil and Bosko Balaban from Aston Villa for £500k. The partnership of Neil Harris and Bosko Balaban racked up 52 goals, 22 for Harris and 30 for Balaban (He's a proper little goal poacher) I got promoted, winning the title on the last day of the season with a 2-1 home win over Sheff Utd when the retiring Dennis Wise scored the winner on the 78th minute (Who I put down to 2nd :) I finished with 81 points, and they had 79). I later convinced Wise to stay on after he got his training basdge as a player/coash. So i'm now in the Premiership, Paul Iffil got injured in Euro 2004 and was out until December. I made 1 signing on a free over the summer and that was the left back, Nethercott from Everton. I also got James Millner on a free (Leeds got relegated) but I have to pay £500k compensation, he's coming when his contract ends in January. I started the season amazingly, even without Iffil. I beat some f the big guys like Liverpool and after 10 games I was 3rd. Then I hit a rut after being knocked out of the League Cup to Sunderland (4-3 away) and I only got 3 points from a possible 18, but I still remained in the top half in 7th. Paul Iffil came back early December and I got a big lift, I beat Arsenal 2-1 (Not quite as good as beating Liverpool 3-0 at the beginning of the season) and now ha;fway through the season I am 6th. Neil Harris is my top scorer with 13, from 17 games (He's been suspended for 3) At one point he had 8 in 9 games. He went a little off the boil for a while, but he recently got a hatrick against Birmingham. At the beginning of the season I had Carlton Cole on loan, on his debut I brought him on at half time and he got a hatrick within 4 minutes in my 5-3 away win agaisnt Portsmouth. He scored about 6 in his 3 months at the club before going back to Chelsea. Balaban then came back in, he hasn't really captured the form of last season yet, but he recently reached 5 goals (He possibly has more now).