Championship Manager 03/04

Darloboy

Playing as Aldershot, and I'm 5th at the moment with 4 games played. We lost our first 2 games 2 - 1, but then beat Stevenage 3 - 0 and then Scarborough (who were top) 1 - 0, with Tom Sills scoring in injury time. We're level on points with the 2 teams directly above us, but there's a 2 point gap between the us and the team 1 place below.

Edited by Agent_Sm1th

I'm in the 2nd season with Portsmouth, in late Feburary. Currently 8th, we were supposed to avoid relegation the team looks like this:

GK: Hislop (Manninger comming in at end of season)

DR: Curtis

DL: Taylor

DC: Buxton

DC: Primus

MR: Routledge/McMaster

ML: Tonge

MC: O'Neil

MC: Berkovic

FC: Routledge/Pericard

FC: Yakubu

Yakubu is awesome, just hit 20 goals in total and its late Feburary.

What's everyones stats? Mine are:

Pressure: 12

Ambition: 11

Loyalty: 11 - I've rejected countless job offers, when does this go up?

Media: 17

Proffesionalism: 9

Temperment: 11

well i just started a new game with Spurs, but in my Fulham game i had goin my stats were:

Pressure: 13

Ambition: 11

Loyalty: 20

Media: 20

Proffesionalism: 19

Temperment: 17

I think that if u try to take over at another club it lowers your loyalty, but makes your ambition go up. If you go down into the relegation zone with your team, but u get them up to a respectable league position, that adds to your pressure handling skills.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Just finished my 3rd season at Fulham (Finished 5th first season, finished 1st second season, aswell as all the major trophies) and I've just retained my premiership title, its been alot harder this season, the 1st place spot has been changing all year and its been pretty close, I only won the league with 1 game to go because Newcastle fucked up and thus lost their chance.

I won the league cup this season too, but unfortunately not the FA Cup, I'm also in the CL Final against Arsenal (who've had a pretty bad season in the league finishing 5th).

Here are my current team (I'll leave out the reserve team):

Goalkeepers: Edwin Van Der Sar, Kasper Schmeichel

Defenders: Christian Bassila (statistically he's nothing great, but he was on the transfer list for 210k so I snapped him up, he's around £4,000,000 now), Dean Leacock (Original Fulham player, good backup, doesn't complain about not getting matches), Moritz Volz (Had his first team place stolen by an on form Bassila), Carlos Bocanegra (Left sided defender, got on a free), José de la Cuesta (Bought for 425k now worth £7,000,000, quality defender) Zatiyah Knight (Solid Centre Back) and John Harley (Original Fulham man, once again a good backup that doesn't complain). Raúl de la Cruz (Free, Coming soon).

Midfielders: Sunday Oliseh (My first ever signing, free, now my captain, quality long distance shooter, still quality at 32, Legend), Eric Addo (Free, future longterm replacement for Mr. Oliseh), Jobi Mcanuff (Average Backup player), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Quality right winger, snatched on a Bossman), Luis Boa Morte (Original Fulham man, still a first team player, almost 30 and still worth £10,000,000), Jay Jay Okocha (Another Bossman, 161 goals in 129 appearances, 33 years old, 'Legendary midfielder').

Forwards: Freddy Adu (17 years of Age, worth £17,000,000), Jeremie Aliadiere (Acquired as part of a transfer deal, quality finisher, great backup), John Carew (Possibly my greatest signing ever, struggled to keep him, but it came off, cost £4,700,000 worth nearly £30,000,000, most MoM's I've ever acquired), Roncatto (Young Brazilian up-and-comer acquired on a free, slowly improving, good back-up), Ronaldinho (Stolen on an unprotected for £9,000,000, slow starter but now amazing, can cover as an attacking midfielder, probably my first signing that made me realise how good my team was), Kaka (Arriving soon, on a unprotected)

Reserves: Xisco, Rungratsamee, Colins John. (excludes all the other crap people).

Quality team, my defence is probably the weakest looking part, but I need no replacements, possibly a new right-back, but nothing needed right away.

EDIT: After going through about 97 managers in 3 seasons, Utd offered me the Job, as expected, I refused, bwahahahahahha watch my loyalty rise!

I won the CL too, 3-1.

Edited by muddatrucker

Holy crap Mudda! That's a class team. Okocha seems to be doing absolutley brilliant for you. A great front line aswell. I gotta say though, your defence does look a little weak.

I think so too, but they've done nothing to warrant replacing, so its not something I'm rushed into doing, although this season I have £16,500,000 to spend, so I might try signing a few big names.

Since winning the league, my 2 assistant managers have been snatched, first Steve Kean has gone on to manage Southampton and Doug Livermore has gone on to manage Tottenham. Those bastards leeching off of my success.

My personal stats are:

Pressure 15

Ambition 20

Loyalty 19

Media Handling 20

Professionalism 20

Temperment 20

By god, getting a new (decent) Assistant is a pain in the ass, I might just promote a coach or something for the mean time.

EDIT: Stole Dennis Bergkamp to do the job, aswell as promoting a coach.

EDIT2: Bwahahhaha, Blackburn have just stolen my new assistant and made him manager!

Edited by muddatrucker

Has anyone seen a snowy pitch?

I've just played a match with Barca against Vfb Stugart in the CL, and the whole pitch was white, except for the middle, and many of my players picked up minor knocks, but no serious injuries.

It was really cool.

And has anyone noticed that you can get a graph in the game when you click on the position of a club in the league table?

Amazing that you can still discover new things even after playing the game for so long.

You can only have one assistant.

Mind you, on an old CM game I have managed to have two (via a glitch) and one of them was actually manager at another club!

Just began a new game with Deportivo, and so far 4 months into my reign I've made a lot of changes

Transfers Out:

Romero-Atletico Madrid-1.2 Mil

Jacques Songo'o-Le Mans-450 K

Walter Geraldo Pandiani-Barcelona-9 Mil

Albert Luque-Schalke 04-13 Mil

Aldo Duscher-Villarreal-6 Mil

Sergio-Chelsea-1 Mil plus Part Exchange

Transfers In:

Hiroyuki Hayashi-Avispa-250 K

David Vaughan-Crewe-2.7 Mil

Supat Rungratsamee-Portsmouth-425 K

Shaun Wright-Phillips-Manchester City-6.5 Mil

Emmanuel Petit-Chelsea-Part Exchange

Frank Lampard-Chelsea-Part Exchange

Mbark Boussafa-Chelsea-Part Exchange

Alessio Cerci-Bologna-1 Mil July of '04

Mikael Forssell-Chelsea-12 Mil January 1st 04

Through 11 league games we are second with 8 wins, 2 draws, and a loss

We are also doing pretty well in our CL group which includes Juventus, Anderlecht, and VfB Stuttgart.

Diego Tristan leads the team with 8 goals, 5 assists and Victor leads the team in form with an average of 8 in 8 league appearences