World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: October 25, 1996

Attendance: 11,012

Ticket Sales: $440,480

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels defending the WWF Championship against British Bulldog!

Harris Brothers Vs. Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie

This was a great way to start off Friday Night Mayhem. Diamond and Swinger were able to carry the Harris Brothers to one heck of a match, The Harris' have improved though. Dok Hendrix and Mr. Perfect wondered if Ted DiBiase and The Corporation would accept the challenge by The Brotherhood for the Survivor Series. This one was pretty much a squash, The Harris Brothers dominated the members of The Money Mine to show that The Brotherhood are truly bad asses. The crowd was into this one too, Dawn Marie tried to get involved a few times, But the Harris Brothers scared her off. Swinger and Diamond tried, But the Harris Brothers were too much for them. The Harris Brothers finished Swinger off with a big H-Bomb for the three count. The members of The Money Mine headed to the back as the members of The Brotherhood stood victorious in the ring. The announcers wondered whether or not The Corporation would accept the challenge for Survivor Series.

84, 72, 96 ****

Interview with Scott Hall

Our cameras take us backstage, We see Scott Hall standing by. There's no announcer with Hall, It's just Scott Hall all by himself behind the big World Wrestling Federation logo.

Scott Hall- The time is nearing, The days and hours are approaching us. Just a few more weeks until the Survivor Series. Just a few more weeks until Scott Hall makes history and becomes the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. There's only one man who's going to beat Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship, And that's going to be me. It's going to be the lone wolf. The man all you fans betrayed. I'm going to walk into New York City, And walk out of New York City as the new WWF Champion. I have been waiting for a title shot for years, I have been in the WWF for four years, And only have gotten one title shot. Guys like Hogan, Flair, Hart have all gotten things their way. Now it's my time. It's time for Scott Hall to get what's coming to him. It's time for Scott Hall to become the WWF Champion. And what better way to make myself WWF Champion, Then to beat Shawn Michaels for the title? Michaels has beaten everyone who's challenged him for the title. Vader, Bulldog, Owen, Helmsley and plenty of other men. But I'm going to be the one who ends his title reign, Why? Because I can. I can do whatever the hell I feel like. Commissioner Flair tried, But he couldn't take me out. I took him out and sent him home. Who's going to stop me from becoming the World Wrestling Federation Champion? Shawn Michaels? Please....... You all saw what I did to him on Monday Night Raw. Shawn Michaels can't beat me. I've left him laying over and over and over again. I will be the next WWF Champion, If I go down, I'm taking the whole WWF down with me! Scott Hall has taken control of the WWF, And the first thing on my list is to end the Kliq! After that, It's going to be Scott Hall walking out of MSG as the new World Wrestling Federation Champion!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Jeff Jarrett with Rick Rude

Both these men haven't won too many matches as of late, Jarrett's push to the top ended in August after his feud with Bret Hart. Mero hasn't really done anything since feuding with Hunter Hearst Helmsley back in May. He's had a few Pay Per View matches, But they weren't apart of any big feuds. These two put on a solid back and fourth match. Mero had the upper hand in the beginning, He out wrestled Jarrett which really frustrated the former three time Intercontinental Champion. Mero took it to Jarrett and tossed Jarrett to the floor. Mero hit a big suicide dive to Jarrett on the outside. Thanks to Rick Rude, Jarrett was able to turn things around and send Mero in the steel ring post. Jarrett worked over Mero's leg back inside the ring. Jarrett went for the Figure Four a few times, But Mero kept making it to the ropes, Frustrating Jarrett. Mero caught Jarrett with a DDT and made the comeback. Mero got several close near falls on Jarrett, But he couldn't put Jarrett away. Mero took Jarrett out with a samoan drop and went up top. Mero went for the Wild Thing, But Jarrett moved out of the way and Mero hit the canvas! Jarrett then went for the Figure Four, But Mero countered and rolled Jarrett up for the one, two, three! Mero and Sable headed to the back while Jarrett threw a fit.

88, 89, 87 ***3/4

Jeff Jarrett lost overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

It'll all end at the Survivor Series

Undertaker comes down to the ring as Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break. Undertaker is handed a microphone as this huge crowd begins a "Undertaker" chant.

Undertaker- Last Sunday night I was able to bury Cactus Jack once and for all. I was able to take his soul and end this once and for all. Cactus Jack tried as hard as he could, But in the end I was the one who stood victorious. Cactus Jack, You took out Paul Bearer, You took the urn from me, And you had Raven debut and attack me. But that didn't stop me. I took Raven out and he won't ever come back. And this last Sunday night, I defeated you and send you for a ride you'll never forget. You gave me a fight, But when it was all said and over with, The creatures of the night helped me out. My creatures of the night made sure you rested in peace. You took a beating that you will never forget. All these games you started, Ended this past Sunday night. It all ended with me putting you inside that ambulance. The games are over. Now I can focus on the World Wrestling Federation Championship............ I am laying down the challenge right now, Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall whoever walks out of the Survivor Series with the title, Get ready to lose it to me. I............

A chanting sound is heard. The lights go off............. The purple lights then come on as Undertaker's own music plays. The druids make their way down to the ring wheeling a casket! The druids put the casket next to the ring apron. They head to the back as the lights come back on. Undertaker gets out of the ring and opens up the casket, There's nothing in there! Undertaker comes back into the ring. The lights go back off! When the lights come back on, Cactus Jack is standing behind Undertaker with a steel lead pipe! Undertaker turns around and takes a shot right in between the eyes! Undertaker gets up, And Jack hits him once again! This time Undertaker is busted open! Jack hammers away on Undertaker! Jack opens up the casket and rolls a bloodied Undertaker inside the casket! Jack shuts the lid! Jack comes back into the ring and grabs the microphone.

Cactus Jack- You might have beaten me on Sunday night, But this ends when I say so! You and I are going to fight once again Undertaker, And this time only one man will win. Lets end this once and for all. Lets end it at the Survivor Series!

Jack leaves the ring as the casket remains closed. When Jack has left the ringside area, The lid opens and a bloodied Undertaker sits up! Undertaker gets out of the casket not looking too happy. Undertaker heads to the back as Perfect and Hendrix wonder what the phenom is going to do.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mark Henry Vs. Billy Gunn with Sunny

Mark Henry seems to be getting pushed big time by the WWF. Well, With how much money big Henry is making, They better be pushing him. Billy Gunn of course, Beat his brother Bart this past Sunday night. Bart is getting a steel plate in his arm says the announcers. Billy started this one off getting his ass kicked after he slapped Henry in the face. Henry tossed Billy around the ring through out most of the match and used a few clotheslines to Billy. They ended up on the outside, Where Sunny distracted Henry long enough for Billy to send the big man into the steel steps. Billy slowly worked over the three hundred plus pound Henry inside the ring. Billy taunted Henry several times and cursed at the big man. Billy could not put Henry away though. Henry made the comeback and started tossing Billy around the ring. Sunny got up on the apron distracting Henry, Billy went to hit Henry, But Henry moved out of the way and Billy knocked Sunny right off the apron! Henry then finished Billy off with the World's Strongest Slam to pick up the win! Mark Henry then headed to the back victorious, As Sunny threw a fit.

80, 82, 77 **1\2

Billy Gunn lost overness from this match.

Mark Henry gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid Vs. Van "Party Time" Hammer

This is probably the shock of the night, These two hosses were able to put on a solid match. And Sid and Hammer are not men who can have good matches without having someone more talented to make them good. The announcer said that Marty Jannetty had taken a break from wrestling, Because he wanted to party. I guess that's a good way to explain the fact that Jannetty is in rehab along with Kevin Nash. Maybe they can party in rehab........... Hammer jumped Sid from behind to get this one going. Hammer used right hands and chokes in the corner to Sid. The announcers reminded us that Sid might not be one hundred percent after his battle with Jacobs last Sunday night at In Your House "Darkest Day". Hammer worked over Sid's back and had the upper hand through out most of the match. Sid made the comeback after he caught Hammer with a big boot. Sid hit Hammer with his usual moves and Choke Slammed Hammer. Sid finished Hammer off with a big Powerbomb. Sycho Sid then posed and shouted that he's the master and the ruler of the world.

82, 77, 87 ***1\2

Coming Soon...........

*From Monday Night Raw*

A video begins to air, It starts with someone running through the wild, A wolf howl can be heard. Some dramatic music plays as we're shown different footage of two men, The word "pain" are shown as one of the men lets out a cry. The word "torture" shows up on the screen as the other one is shown standing on top of a large rock, The video has all kinds of special effects, It ends with a message, "November 17th, 1996."

Christian Cage gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams, Brian Lee and John Bradshaw Vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler, Scott Taylor and Brian Christopher

Wild brawl to start this one off, The announcers said that The Corporation could be on Monday Night Raw this Monday night, Will they answer The Brotherhood's challenge? Lee and Adams are our reigning tag team champions. The Brotherhood and Lawler's team had a pretty good back and fourth six men tag team match. The Brotherhood dominated the early parts of it until Lawler caught Lee with a low blow behind the referee's back. The heel team isolated Lee and kept him away from Adams and Bradshaw. Lee tried to make the tag several times, But the heel team kept him away from his partners. Taylor and Christopher are really improving out there as each days go by. Lee caught Lawler with a big boot and made the hot tag to Adams. All six men got into it. Lee and Adams fought Taylor and Christopher on the outside which left Lawler and Bradshaw in the ring. Bradshaw finished Lawler off with the Clothesline From Texas for the 1,2,3. The Brotherhood then posed afterwords as the announcers asked if The Corporation would accept their challenge.

80, 78, 82 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Canadian Revolution!

Scorpio is in the ring as we return from the commercial break, D'Lo Brown then makes his way down to the ring. Before their match can start, Five men come out through the crowd and get into the ring! The five men stare Scorpio and Brown, They then jump both Scorpio and D'Lo! A big blond man hits Scorpio with a devastating big boot right to the face! Another built man, Drives Brown down to the canvas with a version of the Death Valley Driver! The man who's calling the shots, Tells the four men to beat down Scorpio and Brown! One of the man delivers a big Cobra Clutch Slam to Brown! The leader then goes up top and hits a splash right off the top turnbuckle to Scorpio! One of the men locks Brown into a submission hold! The big blond man delivers a pump handle slam to Scorpio as the other tall men takes Brown out with a front slam! Brown and Scorpio are left laid out as these five men stand tall. The leader yells out "This is a Canadian revolution!" The five men leave the ring to boos from the crowd and leave through the crowd. Brown and Scorpio are down and out by this attack. Who are these men? Why are they here?

? debuted his new gimmick (Anti USA), it got a positive response.

? gained overness from this segment.

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We go to the interview area where Todd Pettengill is standing by with the World Wrestling Federation Champion, The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels.

Todd Pettengill- Tonight we're going to see this man right here, The World Wrestling Federation Champion, The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels defend the title against British Bulldog. But earlier tonight we heard comments from Scott Hall, At the Survivor Series it's you and Hall for the WWF Championship. Hall made some comments tonight and he's promising to win the title at the Survivor Series. What do you have to say about that?

Shawn Michaels- Scott Hall can make all the promises in the world. He can talk about how he's going to do this and how he's going to do that, But the fact of the matter is, Come Survivor Series Scott Hall's going to be in a world of trouble. Scott Hall might have left me laid out on Monday night, But the Survivor Series is going to be a whole different story. It's going to be just us for that title, And I will win. Scott Hall can talk about how he's been screwed over and how he should be the champion, But that title isn't going anywhere. Shawn Michaels is the World Wrestling Federation Champion, And I'm going to remain the WWF Champion for a very long time to come. Nobody is going to stop the "Heart Break Kid". I will walk into New York City as the WWF Champion and I will walk out of New York City still the WWF Champion.

Todd Pettengill- Scott Hall did attack you on Monday Night Raw, Some people think that Hall's cheating ways will get him the title at the Survivor Series. What do you have to say about that? Hall has said he's willing to do everything it takes to become the champion.

Shawn Michaels- He might be willing to do everything it takes to become the champion, But I'm willing to do everything it takes to retain the title. Look at the list of people I have beaten. Nash, Vader, Jarrett, Owen, Helmsley. All men who thought they could take this title away from the waist of HBK. None of them could do it, They gave me everything they had, But I kept coming back for more. Just like I will do at the Survivor Series on November 17th. Scott Hall knows what it's like to be in there with me, We've been in many classic matches in the past, We were involved in the greatest ladder matches of all time. But this isn't going to be a ladder match, It's going to be two men fighting for the biggest prize in all of wrestling. We're going to be fighting for the title that's been around my waist since March. Since Wrestlemania XII. I will walk out of Madison Square Garden still the WWF Champion and nobody is going to stop me.

Todd Pettengill- Tonight it's going to be you and British Bulldog. This is a big match as you just wrestled last Sunday night, Bulldog has been in the WWF for many years now, He's pound for pound, One of the strongest wrestlers in the WWF. Tonight do you think that the WWF Championship is in jeopardy as you step into the ring with Bulldog?

Shawn Michaels- Davey Boy Smith is certainly one of the toughest opponents I have ever stepped into the ring with, He's no doubt one of the best wrestlers to ever come to the WWF. But he has never beaten me. I have always beaten Bulldog. And tonight will be no different. Tonight he's challenging me for my World Wrestling Federation Championship. He's not going to be taking my title. Tonight I'm going to be defeating Bulldog, Like I always do. Bulldog is hungry, He's been wanting the World Wrestling Federation Championship, But tonight's not his night. I'm going to step into that ring and defeat him. I'll hit him with Sweet Chin Music and leave as I enter, The World Wrestling Federation Champion. Tonight I hope Davey Boy Smith is ready. Because HBK is!

Todd Pettengill- Good luck Shawn, Fans up next, We'll see Shawn Michaels defend the World Wrestling Federation Championship against British Bulldog!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Hunter Hearst Helmsley becomes the Intercontinental Champion by putting Rick Martel away with the Pedigree! (Monday Night Raw 10/21/96)

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Shawn Michaels© Vs. British Bulldog

Michaels and Bulldog put on a solid back and fourth type match up. Bulldog has held every title there is to hold except one, The World Wrestling Federation Championship. Michaels did defeat Bulldog for his first ever Intercontinental Championship back in October of 1992. Scott Hall was shown watching this one from a monitor in the back. Bulldog started off getting out wrestled by Shawn, Bulldog then resorted to using his power advantage over Michaels. Bulldog tossed Shawn a few times around the ring, But the champion kept coming back. Michaels took Bulldog out to the floor and hit a huge dive to Davey Boy Smith on the outside. That's when things went into Bulldog's favor, Bulldog was able to send Michaels into the steel steps and then hit a suplex on the padded floor to the "Heart Break Kid"! Bulldog got a few near falls on Michaels inside the ring, But the champion kept fighting back. Bulldog even connected with the Running Powerslam, But Michaels kicked out. Michaels ended up catching Bulldog with the flying forearm and nipped up. Michaels made the comeback and hit Bulldog with his trademark moves. Shawn slammed Bulldog down and headed up top. HBK came flying off the top with the elbow drop to Bulldog and called for Sweet Chin Music. Michaels went to the corner and started tuning up the band. Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music, But Bulldog ducked. Bulldog scooped Michaels up and went for the Running Powerslam, But HBK slipped out of it. Bulldog then turned around right into Sweet Chin Music! Michaels covered and got the 1,2,3. Afterwords, Michaels celebrated as Scott Hall watched from the back. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with the announcers hyping the Hall/Michaels match at the Survivor Series.

93, 96, 87 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 86

TV Rating- 7.91

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.96

Attendance- 8,295

Ticket Sales- $331,800

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.32

Attendance- 570

Ticket Sales- $11,400

Notes

"Shawn Michaels and British Bulldog didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"British Bulldog and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Steve Austin? I think our styles would really work well together."- Shawn Michaels

"I'd like to request a match or two with Rick Martel. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together."- Scott Steiner

user posted image

Date: October 27, 1996

Attendance: 11,008

Ticket Sales: $440,320

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Steve Austin and Al Snow facing Fatu and Yokozuna!

The Magician Vs. Chris Kanyon

The Magician is Steve Lombardi. Lets see, Lombardi was MVP, Brooklyn Brawler and this year, He was a masked American. Now he's The Magician. This is no doubt a gimmick that'll keep him on Superstars for years to come. He does a few magic tricks in the ring, But no one cared. He also wears face paint like Phantasio did. Michael Cole makes a moron of himself by saying that The Magician will win, Because "he's got the mystery on his side." Kanyon seems to be going nowhere and fast, The Magician wins this with a sidewalk slam called the "Trick Of The Day".

65, 55, 75 *3/4

The Magician debuted his new gimmick (Magician), it got a positive response.

Coming Soon...........

*From Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Mayhem*

A video begins to air, It starts with someone running through the wild, A wolf howl can be heard. Some dramatic music plays as we're shown different footage of two men, The word "pain" are shown as one of the men lets out a cry. The word "torture" shows up on the screen as the other one is shown standing on top of a large rock, The video has all kinds of special effects, It ends with a message, "November 17th, 1996."

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bob Holly Vs. Tiger Ali Singh

The announcers didn't even pay attention to this one, Despite Holly and Singh actually putting on a solid match, Better than the matches these two have been in with other opponents. Holly and Singh do not appear to be in line for a push though. The "Hindu Hero" controlled this one after he send Holly to the steel guardrail on the outside. Singh could not put the race car driver away, Holly made the comeback and finished Tiger off with the Race Car Slam.

75, 62, 89 ***1\4

Mark Henry video

We're shown a video hyping Mark Henry. It shows Henry's dominant ways ever since debuting in the World Wrestling Federation. We're shown several clips from his match with Billy Gunn this past Friday night as well. The video ends with Henry posing.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Candyman Vs. Disco Inferno

Disco hasn't done much since coming from WCW, But it seems like the WWF doesn't want to push him too hard. Disco could make a excellent partner for Van "Party Time" Hammer since Jannetty has checked himself into rehab. Candyman did his usual routine, Giving out candy to the fans in the crowd before the match. Disco had control of most of the match, Disco stopped a few times and did a few disco dances which the crowd did not like. Candyman picked up the win with his finishing maneuver, The Candyman Song.

72, 65, 80 **1\2

Sean Waltman, Albert and Steve Blackman with Ted DiBiase Vs. Hardy Boyz and Scott Putski

The announcers wondered whether or not Ted DiBiase and The Corporation would accept The Brotherhood's challenge for Survivor Series. These men haven't wrestled all week, Waltman was said to be having some neck problems, And taking a brainbuster off the top rope last Sunday night didn't help things. The Corporation dominated the entire match, To show that they aren't scared or worried about The Brotherhood. Albert picks up the win for his team by delivering the A-Bomb to Jeff Hardy.

80, 74, 87 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- The Harris Brothers finish Swinger off with the H-Bomb! (Friday Night Mayhem 10/25/96)

Canadian Revolution!

*From Friday Night Mayhem*

Scorpio is in the ring as we return from the commercial break, D'Lo Brown then makes his way down to the ring. Before their match can start, Five men come out through the crowd and get into the ring! The five men stare Scorpio and Brown, They then jump both Scorpio and D'Lo! A big blond man hits Scorpio with a devastating big boot right to the face! Another built man, Drives Brown down to the canvas with a version of the Death Valley Driver! The man who's calling the shots, Tells the four men to beat down Scorpio and Brown! One of the man delivers a big Cobra Clutch Slam to Brown! The leader then goes up top and hits a splash right off the top turnbuckle to Scorpio! One of the men locks Brown into a submission hold! The big blond man delivers a pump handle slam to Scorpio as the other tall men takes Brown out with a front slam! Brown and Scorpio are left laid out as these five men stand tall. The leader yells out "This is a Canadian revolution!" The five men leave the ring to boos from the crowd and leave through the crowd. Brown and Scorpio are down and out by this attack. Who are these men? Why are they here?

Steve Austin and Al Snow with Ted DiBiase Vs. Yokozuna and Fatu

These two teams have fought alot of times this year, Probably more than ten times. Austin and Snow seem naked without the tag titles says Kevin Kelly. If The Corporation ever ends, I'd expect to see one of these men get a big push. Could be Austin, Since HBK has been bothering the bookers to put him in the ring with "Stone Cold". Snow however, Also seems to be a favorite of the locker room and Vince McMahon, So it could go either way. Yokozuna seems more motivated on Superstars then he did on Monday Night Raw. DiBiase got involved a few times, And got nailed by a judo chop from Yokozuna. Snow picked up the win for his team by making Fatu submit to the Million Dollar Dream. Superstars goes off the air with Snow and Austin helping DiBiase to the back.

79, 78, 81 **3/4

Overall Rating- 74

TV Rating- 2.96

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.90

Attendance- 8,268

Ticket Sales- $330,720

Notes

"The Magician and Chris Kanyon didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card."- The Magician

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Chris Kanyon

"I think i should be higher up the card."- The Candyman

"Bart Gunn would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?"- Billy Gunn

"I'd like to request a match or two with Steve Austin. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together." -Shawn Michaels

"British Bulldog would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?"- Rick Martel

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them."- Sophie

Guest Prototype

Good shows. I was kinda surprised to see Triple H get the IC title, but a feud with Martel could be good. Cool to see Edge....or Adam Copeland....and Christian coming in. I wonder who the "Canadian Revolution" members are? I hope we get a Casket Match at SS between Taker and Cactus.

user posted image

Date: October 28, 1996

Tonight the World Wrestling Federation will rock Cincinatti, Ohio. We're going to see the biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history take place. Undertaker takes on the "King Of Harts" Owen Hart in tonight's main event! This is no doubt the biggest main event ever on Monday Night Raw! It's been announced that Undertaker will meet Cactus Jack at the Survivor Series in a Casket Match, Tonight Undertaker gets in the ring with a former Intercontinental Champion!

Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall are set to meet at Survivor Series for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Tonight it will be made official as the contract will be signed. Jim Ross will be with these two men as they sign the contract to face each other at this year's Survivor Series. You won't want to miss what could be a explosive situation tonight on Monday Night Raw!

Matches for Monday Night Raw

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Hunter Hearst Helmsley© Vs. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Hunter became the champion last week by defeating Rick Martel, Tonight he's got to take on a former tag team champion!

Four Corners Match

Winner Gets A World Wrestling Federation Championship Match Next Week On Monday Night Raw

Rick Martel Vs. British Bulldog Vs. Vader Vs. Sycho Sid

All four of these men would no doubt love to meet Shawn Michaels next week for the title, Who will walk out of this match as the number one contender?

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Goldust

Ahmed Johnson is always in a bad mood, Tonight he takes on a former Intercontinental Champion! Will Goldust's mind games work on Johnson?

The Quebecers Vs. Yokozuna and Fatu

This should be a great battle between two teams who could be next in line for a shot at Adams and Lee!

Undertaker Vs. Owen Hart

Can Owen Hart score the biggest win of his career? Or will Undertaker make the "King Of Harts" rest in peace?

Tonight we'll see the special contract signing between Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall! We'll also hear from The Corporation and Bret Hart!

- "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty has checked himself into rehab. Jannetty was being pushed to become the Million Dollar Champion in the future after a feud with Chavo Guerrero, But that won't be the case now. Jannetty is not expected to get released from his contract.

SO... CLOSE

:(

Good few shows, and nice to see Lombardi with another stupid gimmick :)

HHH's win seemed really out of nowhere, as did most of the title changes. Still, a good few shows and I am sure the hype train to Survivor Series will start up soon.

Guest killacam2006

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Hunter became the champion last week by defeating Rick Martel, Tonight he's got to take on a former tag team champion!

Four Corners Match

Winner Gets A World Wrestling Federation Championship Match Next Week On Monday Night Raw

All four of these men would no doubt love to meet Shawn Michaels next week for the title, Who will walk out of this match as the number one contender?

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Goldust

Ahmed Johnson is always in a bad mood, Tonight he takes on a former Intercontinental Champion! Will Goldust's mind games work on Johnson?

This should be a great battle between two teams who could be next in line for a shot at Adams and Lee!

Undertaker Vs. Owen Hart

Can Owen Hart score the biggest win of his career? Or will Undertaker make the "King Of Harts" rest in peace?

user posted image

Date: October 28, 1996

Attendance: 11,039

Ticket Sales: $441,560

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Undertaker facing Owen Hart!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley became the Intercontinental Champion last Monday night when he defeated Rick Martel to win the title. The crowd was hot for this match, No one really cares all that much about Neidhart, But Helmsley is coming off as a great heel. The fans booed everything Helmsley did through out this match. McMahon and Ross thought Neidhart had a great chance of becoming the champion here. Neidhart started this one off kicking the heck out of the champion. Neidhart over powered the champion and tossed Helmsley around the ring a couple times. They went out to the floor and Helmsley was able to send Neidhart into the steel steps to turn things his way. Helmsley smacked Neidhart's head into the steel steps before putting Neidhart back inside the ring. Helmsley worked over Neidhart's back and legs through out the match. Helmsley ended up locking Neidhart into a figure four, But Neidhart was able to turn the hold around. Neidhart caught Helmsley with a powerslam at the seven minute mark and made the comeback. Neidhart send Helmsley to the ropes, But ducked his head too early. Helmsley kicked Neidhart in the face and hit him with the Pedigree. Helmsley covered and got the win. Hunter Hearst Helmsley stood over Neidhart and posed to boos from the fans.

82, 86, 74 **1/4

Coming Soon.........

Another video airs hyping the debut of the Suicide Blonds. We're shown footage of Adam Copeland and Christian Cage wondering around a city. Both men are wearing dark clothes as it rains through the night. The words "Blood brothers" are shown on the screen. Both men go through the streets during the night, Walking through filth and everything else you can imagine in a dark street. They then walk through a busy subway station. The men look around at the homeless people, Some drinking, While some are just trying to fight for their survival. To live for another day. The words "fight for your survival" are shown on the screen as both men walk through this city. The video ends with both men standing on a roof. They both look up at the sky as the words "November 17th" are shown. The video comes to an end with the Survivor Series logo burning.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Four Corners Match

The winner will face Shawn Michaels next week on Monday Night Raw. The way to win this match, Is to be the first man to score either a pin fall or submission. Martel and Sid are the obvious fan favorites here. There wasn't no lame tag rule. All four men got to be in the ring at the same time. McMahon and Ross hyped what a great match one of those four men could have against Shawn Michaels next week. McMahon wondered if we'll have a new champion next week on Monday Night Raw. All four men hit their finishing moves, But someone would always make the save. Sid and Vader ended up brawling on the outside. Both men beat the hell out of each other while Bulldog dominated Martel inside the ring. Bulldog ended up going for the Running Powerslam, But Martel countered out of it and rolled Bulldog up to score the 1,2,3! Rick Martel then left the ring as Vader and Sid came back inside. Martel will meet Shawn Michaels next Monday night for the WWF Championship! Will Rick Martel be able to capture the title next? Asks McMahon.

87, 91, 81 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with The Corporation

The Corporation comes down to the ring as Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break. McMahon and Ross wonder if The Corporation will finally answer The Brotherhood's challenge for the Survivor Series.

Ted DiBiase- So, The Survivor Series is coming up. Last week The Brotherhood laid down the challenge for The Corporation. Five on five, Elimination match. Losing teams disbands. Do we accept? You're darn right we accept! The Brotherhood think we're scared of them? We're not afraid of you guys. You think these five men are going to disappoint me come the Survivor Series? You think Al Snow is going to let me down? You think Steve Austin will let me down? You think that Albert is going to lose? You people think that Sean Waltman will lose? You think that Steve Blackman will go down? No way! These five men are the best wrestlers in the entire world today. They don't fear anyone. The Corporation will not lose at the Survivor Series. If The Corporation loses at the Survivor Series, Not only will this be the last time The Corporation is ever a group, But that'll be the last time Ted DiBiase is ever in the World Wrestling Federation! That's right! If The Corporation loses at the Survivor Series, I'll leave the WWF forever! How about that? That's how confident I am that The Corporation will be victorious come Survivor Series. These men won't let me down. They will not lose. The Brotherhood stole our tag titles, Chavo Guerrero stole the Million Dollar Championship, But at the Survivor Series, We'll get even with The Brotherhood by defeating them. By ending their little group! Survivor Series will be a five on five elimination match, Losing team must disband. And if The Corporation does go down, Then Ted DiBiase goes down with them! How about that? Don't worry Brotherhood, We got a plan for the Survivor Series! The Corporation will dominate you five in New York City! The Corporation will survive and The Brotherhood will die!

The Corporation's music plays to boos from the crowd. The Corporation poses in the ring as McMahon and Ross wonder why Ted DiBiase would put his own career on the line like that. The Corporation head to the back as we're taken back over to the announce position.

Steve Austin gained overness from this segment.

Scott Steiner lays out "The Hitman"!

McMahon and Ross say earlier tonight Bret Hart was attacked by Scott Steiner outside in the parking lot, We were suppose to hear from "The Hitman" as a match has been officially signed between Hart and Steiner for the Survivor Series. But before Hart could even make it to the building he was attacked in the parking arena by Scott Steiner. McMahon says that this is footage from earlier tonight, And that parental guidance is suggested.

*From earlier tonight*

Bret Hart is shown in the parking area. Bret Hart is getting his backs out of the trunk when Scott Steiner attacks him from behind with a steel pipe! Steiner drives the pipe into Hart's back which knocks down "The Hitman"! Steiner then hits Hart over and over with the lead pipe! Steiner hits Hart in the ribs and back several times! Steiner pulls Hart up and rams Hart's head into the car door! Steiner tosses Hart onto the hood of the car and gets up there with "The Hitman". Steiner connects with a big belly to belly suplex right on the hood of the car! Steiner gets off the hood of the car as Bret Hart is out cold.

Scott Steiner- You wanted me one on one at the Survivor Series? You got it! And you know what? You think you're going to be able to beat me Bret Hart? I'm going to mop the floor with you at the Survivor Series!

Steiner heads off as Bret Hart is laid out. The video ends and we're taken back to the announce position. Both Ross and McMahon say that Steiner's going to be in a world of trouble come Survivor Series, As it will be him and Bret Hart one on one. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Vince McMahon and Jim Ross hyping the Ahmed Johnson versus Goldust match coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Goldust with Marlena

Ahmed Johnson hasn't been in action since In Your House "Darkest Day". These two men put on a decent match up, It wasn't anything special, But it wasn't anything too horrible. The fans were into it though. Goldust still gets great heat from the fans when he comes down to the ring, Too bad he was made to look like shit at Wrestlemania XII against Razor Ramon. Johnson beat the holy hell out of the bizarre one to start this one off. Johnson hammered Goldust with right hands and tossed Goldust around the ring a few times. They brawled on the outside with Johnson getting the best of Goldust. Marlena got involved which ended up allowing Goldust to take the advantage. Goldust slowly pounded on Johnson as McMahon and Ross said that Bret Hart was taken to the hospital earlier in the night. Johnson made the comeback after catching Goldust with a clothesline. Johnson ran down Goldust with more clotheslines and connected with a spinebuster. Johnson finishes Goldust off with the Pearl River Plunge to earn himself the big win. Ahmed Johnson then celebrated while Marlena helped Goldust to the back.

75, 80, 66 *1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Canadian Revolution strike!

The Hardy Boyz are making their way down to the ring as we return from the commercial break. They get inside the ring and wait for their opponents. As the Hardy Boyz wait, The five men from Friday Night Mayhem make their way to the ringside area, Coming through the crowd! They get into the ring and jump the Hardy Boyz! One of the men hits Jeff Hardy with a version of the death valley driver while the other one connects with a pump handle into a powerslam to Matt Hardy. The leader tells them to show them no mercy! The big blond man tells one of the men to lift Matt up, A smaller man pulls Matt up and the big man boots him right in the face! Jeff Hardy falls victim to a cobra clutch slam from one of the men! The leader then goes up top as both Matt and Jeff are held on the canvas. He comes off the top with a big splash to both the Hardy Boyz! The five men stand over the Hardy Boyz. The apparent leader yells out, "This is the Canadian revolution!" The five men flee through the crowd as McMahon and Ross wonder who these men are. The crowd boos and chants "USA".

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Right now we only have three heel tag teams in the active roster of the World Wrestling Federation. Snow/Austin, PG-13 and The Quebecers. This one was a total carry job by The Quebecers. Yokozuna and Fatu are pretty worthless right now, But the fans seem to dig them for whatever reason. The Quebecers of course, Are hated by the fans. The Quebecers got the heck beat out of them in the beginning of this one, The bigger team of Yokozuna and Fatu easily beat down the former three time tag team champions. Tossing them around the ring and using their fat to their favor. The Quebecers were finally able to turn things around after Jacques caught Fatu with a knee to the face. The Quebecers beat down and isolated Fatu for a long time. They kept him away from Yokozuna and beat him down. Fatu ended up catching Pierre with a samoan drop and made the hot tag to Yokozuna. Yokozuna came into the ring and started to clean house. Fatu and Jacques fought on the outside which left Yokozuna and Pierre in the ring. Yokozuna looked like he had things well in hand, But Pierre took out a pair of brass knuckles from his tights and hit Yokozuna right in the face with it! Pierre covered Yokozuna and got the win! The Quebecers left the ring victorious while Fatu checked on Yokozuna.

75, 74, 77 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Contract Is Signed

Jim Ross stands inside the ring as we return from the commercial break. A table is set with three chairs. There's a contract in the middle of the table with a pen.

Jim Ross- Tonight we will see the special contract signing for the Survivor Series main event. It will be Scott Hall challenging Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship on November 17th. This will no doubt be the biggest match in the history of the Survivor Series. This is the tenth annual Survivor Series, These two men have had many, Many classic battles in the past. They stole the show at Wrestlemania X in the ladder match, They had a rematch at year's SummerSlam in a even better ladder match. But at Survivor Series it won't be a ladder match. It's going to be just those two men in a one on one match. The winner will leave as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. It doesn't get bigger than that, So now may I introduce to you, The man who will walk into the Survivor Series as the challenger for the WWF Championship, Scott Hall!

Scott Hall's music plays to boos from the crowd. Scott Hall makes his way down to the ring and stares down Jim Ross. Ross offers Hall a handshake, But Hall tosses his toothpick at Ross.

Jim Ross- And now, The current World Wrestling Federation Champion, There is only one Shawn Michaels!

Shawn Michaels' music plays and this huge crowd erupts. The "Heart Break Kid" makes his way down to the ring with the WWF Championship around his waist. Michaels gets inside the ring and shakes hands with Jim Ross. Michaels takes a seat and so does Hall, In front of Michaels. Ross sits down on the seat in the middle of the table.

Jim Ross- The Survivor Series will be a huge night for the both of you. This is the first Survivor Series main event for you Scott Hall, This is also your first ever singles match at a Survivor Series. And this is only your second title shot at a Pay Per View. How do you feel to walk in as the challenger for the WWF Championship?

Scott Hall- How does it feel? What a dumb question Jim Ross. It's one of the most stupid questions I have ever been asked. Finally, Scott Hall gets his shot at the WWF Championship. It's been years since I been wanting another title shot. I have only gotten one title shot since I've been in the World Wrestling Federation. Is that anyway to treat one of the most talented wrestlers that the WWF has ever seen? These people might be booing me, But they know I'm right. They know Scott Hall is going to walk into the Survivor Series and become the WWF Champion. They know it's meant to be. Shawn Michaels has been holding that title for way too long, I'm going to get what I have coming at the Survivor Series. Survivor Series will be my night.

Jim Ross- Shawn Michaels, This is your second Survivor Series main event. Your first one was in 1992 when you challenged for the title, This time you'll be walking in as the champion. It's going to be at Madison Square Garden, A place both you and Scott Hall know very, Very well. How do you feel as Survivor Series nears?

Shawn Michaels- I'm feeling great about it, This is the tenth Survivor Series. It doesn't get any bigger than that. This is Madison Square Garden and this will be for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. It doesn't get any bigger than that. I have been the reigning champion since March. For seven months, I have held this title. No one has been able to beat me. No one has been able to take the gold off of the waist of the "Heart Break Kid". And this loser isn't going to do it. He thinks he has some kind of edge over me, But we all know that when it's go time, No one delivers the goods like HBK does.

Jim Ross- You two have had your classic battles, The two ladder matches are considered two of the greatest matches in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. Hall has beaten you, And you've beaten him in ladder matches. This one won't be a ladder match, It'll be the two of you in a singles match. With the WWF Championship on the line. Because this isn't a ladder match, Does that change anything? How will you prepare for this match?

Shawn Michaels- Scott Hall and I have been in the ladder matches, But this ain't gonna be a ladder match. This is for this title right here. For MY WWF Championship. He's got to beat me. He's got to either make me submit or pin me one, two, three in this very ring to walk out with the title. And the question is, Will he do it? If you're Shawn Michaels and the Kliq, You'll give Scott Hall a big "hell no"! Scott Hall, We have been in many classic matches. Including two classic ladder matches. We've not doubt stolen the shows at Pay Per Views, And I know I can expect the very best from you at the Survivor Series. But you won't win. You and I fought last year, It was the last time we stepped into that ring together, And who won? I did! You have to beat me, You have to do what plenty of guys couldn't do, And that is beat my shoulder to the mat, One, two, three. You think you been screwed over? Do something about it at the Survivor Series. This is your chance Hall, But it won't be your night. I'm walking into Madison Square Garden as the WWF Champion, And I'm leaving Madison Square Garden as the WWF Champion. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Scott Hall- I will be doing something about it Shawn, I'll be beating the hell out of you at the Survivor Series. You're right about something, You'll be walking into the Survivor Series as the champion. But you won't leave as the champion. I'm the man who's walking out of Madison Square Garden as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Madison Square Garden hasn't treated you too kindly has it Shawn? Remember Wrestlemania X? Who won the ladder match at Madison Square Garden? I did! Madison Square Garden is gonna bring me luck at the Survivor Series. Madison Square Garden will be the place where I'm crowned the new WWF Champion. And then, You'll be left the loser you always were. The Kliq is going to die Shawn, It's going to die as soon as I take your title!

Jim Ross- Scott Hall, You'll be walking into the Survivor Series as the challenger. You have certainly changed in recent months, Some fans are highly disappointed in your actions, What do you have say about that? What's your problem with Shawn Michaels and the fans of the World Wrestling Federation?

Scott Hall- My problem? You wanna know what my problem is Jim Ross? I'll tell you what my problem is, I was gone for months. No one called me. No one gave a damn about me. They turned to this pretty boy punk right here. What's so special about Shawn Michaels? Why is he so loved? These fans are nothing more than a bunch of morons. They'll only go with the winner. They went to Shawn Michaels. They turned on "The Bad Guy" and went to HBK. They turned on me and went to every other WWF superstar. The fans turned on me. They turned on me and left me. Shawn Michaels, I don't give a damn about you or about these fans. The only thing I care about is the WWF Championship. And it's going to be mine at the Survivor Series.

Jim Ross- Well gentlemen. Lets get the contract signed.

Scott Hall grabs the contract and signs it rather quickly. Hall tosses it to Michaels as he gets up off his chair.

Scott Hall- Sign that Shawn, Sign your fate for Survivor Series. When your name gets signed, It's going to be the last time you ever sign anything as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. You're writing your doom tonight.

Michaels looks at Hall and signs the contract. Michaels hands it to Ross. Michaels gets up off his seat and stares down Hall. Jim Ross tries to play peace keeper, But these two men don't look like Jim Ross can stop them.

Shawn Michaels- I signed my doom? You're wrong about that Scott Hall. You're the one who's signed his doom. You think being in Madison Square Garden is going to make a difference? You beat me there two years ago, This is now. That was then. This is 1996. This is the year of the "Heart Break Kid". And at the Survivor Series, I'm going to be dancing all over your face!

Jim Ross- Gentlemen,...........

Hall shoves Ross aside and he and Michaels get face to face. Hall pats the WWF Championship which is around Michaels' waist. Hall exits the ring with a smirk on his face. We're left with Michaels and Ross in the ring.

Interview with Undertaker

Our cameras take us to the interview area where Michael Cole is standing by with Undertaker.

Michael Cole- Undertaker, Tonight you take on Owen Hart in the main event. But it's been announced that at the Survivor Series, You'll meet Cactus Jack in a Casket Match! What do you think about your match with Cactus Jack at the Survivor Series being a Casket Match?

Undertaker- The time has come. It's time to put an end to this whole story with Cactus Jack. And what better way to defeat Cactus Jack, Then to defeat him in my specialty, A casket match? Cactus Jack, You made a big mistake this past Friday night when you attacked me. At the Survivor Series you will pay. Come November 17th, You will rest in peace once and for all Cactus Jack. You and I will finally end this feud once and for all. The casket match will have one winner, And just like last Sunday night, That winner will be me. All my creatures of the night will be in Madison Square Garden and all my creatures of the night will watch me defeat you in the casket match.

Michael Cole- Tonight it's you and Owen Hart going one on one. You know Owen Hart very well, You've been in there with him, What do you have to say about this match with the "King Of Harts"?

Undertaker- Owen Hart better get ready tonight, I'm going to send a message to Cactus Jack tonight by beating Owen Hart down like he's nothing. Owen Hart, Tonight I'm going to be picturing Cactus Jack when I'm inside that ring with you, My creatures of the night will be thinking of Cactus Jack's soul when I'm out there inside that ring beating you within a inch of your life. You have become one of the greatest Superstars in World Wrestling Federation history, But tonight won't be your night. Tonight I will be sending a message to Cactus Jack. I'm going to make myself loud and clear tonight when I beat you. Tonight you will rest in peace.

Michael Cole- Fans up next we'll see Undertaker fight Owen Hart in the main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Albert takes Jeff Hardy out with the A-Bomb to score the win for The Corporation! (Superstars 10/27/96)

Undertaker Vs. Owen Hart

A casket was set up at the ringside area. McMahon and Ross had no idea who set it up, Despite being at ringside the whole night. The crowd was hot for this main event. Despite not being pushed right now, Owen Hart continues to be one of the most hated wrestlers in the WWF. The fans booed Owen at everything he did. Undertaker got the biggest ovation of the night by far. McMahon and Ross said that the casket match between Undertaker and Cactus Jack should be even more brutal than their Ambulance Match last Sunday night. Owen kept running away from Undertaker. Owen Hart can sure play a good cowardly heel character. The fans got annoyed at Owen, Because he kept running away from Undertaker. He wouldn't even lock up with Undertaker. Undertaker ended up having enough of Owen's foolishness, And went after Owen. Undertaker beat down Owen on the outside and send Owen into the steel steps. Back inside the ring, Undertaker easily dominated the "King Of Harts". Owen was able to turn things his way after low blowing Undertaker. Owen hit Undertaker with the enziguri kick which was able to take down the deadman. Owen got a few close falls on Undertaker, But the phenom kept kicking out of everything Owen threw at him. Owen went for the Sharpshooter a few times, But Undertaker wouldn't let Owen lock him into it and powered out several times. Undertaker made the comeback and started feeling nothing from Owen's offense. Undertaker pounded Owen in the corner with right hands and beat down Owen. Undertaker hit Owen with a huge Choke Slam and called for the Tombstone. Cactus Jack came out of the casket and got into the ring! Jack locked Undertaker into the Mandible Claw which caused a disqualification! Owen left the ring as Jack kept the Mandible Claw locked on Undertaker until he passed out! Jack rolled Undertaker into the casket and shut the lid. Monday Night Raw went off the air with Cactus Jack standing on top of the casket!

94, 97, 89 ****

Overall Rating- 84

TV Rating- 6.51

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 7.15

Attendance- 7,736

Ticket Sales- $309,440

Notes

"Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Jim Neidhart didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?"- Pat Patterson

"How about booking me against Bret Hart? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Jeff Jarrett

"Going head-to-head with Monday Nitro cost us a lot of viewers, we came out worst!"- Sophie

News

- Mr. Perfect suffered a back injury and will be out until November.

OOC: News report should be up later :D

Beats me Stone Cold, My PI is at 100 and WCW's is at 56, This is like the first time they've ever beaten me too........ The industry is at 82% and going up, But I lose money, My PPV buyrates go down too...... And the TV ratings keep going up and down......... :(

Edited by Baby Hewey

Wrestling News for November, 1996

Taking a look at the wrestling world

user posted image

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Public Image: 100

Size: Global

Based In: America

Risk Level: 70

Production Values: 100

Merchandising: 100

Advertising: 100

Top 5 Faces

1. Bret Hart (100)

2. Shawn Michaels (100)

3. Undertaker (99)

4. Ric Flair (98)

5. Sycho Sid (95)

Top 5 Heels

1. Cactus Jack (100)

2. Scott Hall (100)

3. Kevin Nash (99)

4. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (98)

5. Scott Steiner (98)

user posted image

World Championship Wrestling

Owner: Ted Turner

Public Image: 56

Size: Global

Risk Level: 40

Production Values: 95

Top 5 Stars

1. Hulk Hogan (100)

2. Sting (100)

3. Randy Savage (97)

4. The Giant (91)

5. Lex Luger (90)

user posted image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Paul Heyman

Public Image: 96

Size: Cult

Risk Level: 90

Production Values: 60

Top 5 Stars

1. Taz (75)

2. The Sandman (75)

3. Bryan Clark (75)

4. Goldberg (75)

5. Terry Funk (74)

user posted image

Amber Benson's Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nik Simpson

Public Image: 44

Size: Backyard

Risk Level: 30

Production Values: 5

Top 5 Stars

1. Elektra (20)

2. Miguel Perez (20)

3. Kid Kash (17)

4. Julio Dinero (13)

5. Steve Armstrong (13)

user posted image

United States Pro Wrestling

Owner: Peter Walsh

Public Image: 43

Size: Cult

Risk Level: 20

Production Values: 60

Top 5 Stars

1. Taz (75)

2. The Sandman (75)

3. Bryan Clark (75)

4. Goldberg (75)

5. Terry Funk (74)

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest Prototype

Good Raw. The build up for SS is picking up. The card looks good and believable for the time. As always I really enjoyed the news report. Hard to picture Nitro winning the rating when they're main program is Rick Steiner vs Bootyman....hehe.

That Bootyman is a real ratings grabber no?

Anyways, we all know you are falling behind Nitro due to the heavy lack of partying on WWF TV. Without Marty, it could spell the end!

user posted image

Date: November 1, 1996

Tonight we could see the biggest main event in Friday Night Mayhem history. Bret Hart battles his younger brother Owen in the main event. These two brothers have had many classic battles in the past and tonight they should put on another great match. Bret Hart no doubt has the Survivor Series on his mind, And what kind of condition is "The Hitman" in after being beat down by Scott Steiner on Monday Night Raw?

The King's Court makes a return this Friday night, Jerry "The King" Lawler will be interviewing the man who makes his return at the Survivor Series, Mr. Perfect! What will Mr. Perfect have to say tonight?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit Vs. Disco Inferno and "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak

Benoit and Pillman are making their debut tonight, Will they be victorious against these two tough WWF Superstars?

Marc Mero Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

These two men will be on opposite sides at the Survivor Series, These two have had alot of classic battles in the past, Who will win this one?

Billy Gunn Vs. Bob Holly

Can Bob Holly score the major upset tonight? Or will he get run right over by the evolved Billy Gunn?

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. PG-13

We haven't seen Furnas and LaFon in awhile, Tonight they make their return against the tough gangsters.

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

These two brothers have fought before, Who will win tonight?

We also know that both Shawn Michaels and Rick Martel will be here tonight! Remember that these two face each other for the WWF Championship on Monday Night Raw!

All this and much more!

user posted image

Date: November 1, 1996

Attendance: 11,038

Ticket Sales: $441,520

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix

Friday Night Mayhem opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Bret Hart taking on Owen Hart!

Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit Vs. Disco Inferno and "The Narcissist" Shawn Stasiak with Clarence Mason

Pillman and Benoit are making their debut tonight. The crowd is into this match as it progresses. Some people don't know who Benoit or Pillman are. And no one cares about Disco or Stasiak. Three months ago, Three of these men were wrestling for World Championship Wrestling. Benoit and Pillman more or less squashed Disco and Stasiak. This one was booked to show off the talent of Benoit and Pillman. And they are quite talented. This was actually a great match, Good back and fourth action. All four men worked their asses off. Benoit and Pillman's history was talked about the announcers, But they didn't know too much and never mentioned WCW by name, They called it a "rival promotion". Benoit picks up the win for him and Pillman when he made Disco Inferno tap out to the Crippler Crossface. The announcers didn't know the name of it, And called it a heck submission hold.

79, 71, 88 ***1\2

Rocky Maivia Video

A video begins to play. Vince McMahon narrates the video.

Vince McMahon- He's the first ever third generation superstar to ever grace a World Wrestling Federation ring. His grandfather was "High Chief" Peter Maivia, His father, Rocky Johnson. He was a former football star while he was in high school. He was considered one of the best natural born athletes in the entire world today. He went to the University of Miami for a four year scholarship, Where he won many titles. In 1991, The Miami Hurricanes won the National Championship. After suffering a back injury which kept him out of football, And ruining every chance he had of making it into the NFL, This amazing athlete went to the business he was most at home with, The wrestling business. The business where his father and grandfather became stars at. Rocky Maivia is one of the best athletes in the history of sports, And he's going to be a World Wrestling Federation Superstar. This young man who's only twenty four years old, Will debut on November 17th, At the Survivor Series. Live from Madison Square Garden!

We're shown footage of Rocky's father, Rocky Johnson. We're then shown footage of Rocky's football moments. We're taken to the WWF studios where Rocky Maivia is shown.

Rocky Maivia- You know, When I decided to come to the World Wrestling Federation alot of people asked me why, They asked "why Rocky"? Why go to the WWF? I wanted to prove that I had something left in myself, After football, I thought why not get into wrestling? My father and my grandfather were big stars in the WWF. And I know I can follow in their footsteps. I know I can become a big star in the World Wrestling Federation. I'm going to go out there and give it a hundred and ten percent each and every time I'm out there. These fans will see that Rocky Maivia is a true sports entertainer. A true wrestler. Being a third generation superstar doesn't change a thing, I'm not going to live off my family. I want to make a name for myself, And I will at the Survivor Series. I'm looking forward to being out there each and every night I'm competing. I hope that the WWF fans can learn to respect me like they respect all the other WWF Superstars. I hope they can one day see me as a big star. I'm counting the days until the Survivor Series.

The video ends with McMahon saying that we're going to see more videos of Rocky Maivia in the upcoming weeks.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

These two had quite a heated feud earlier in the year. Mero and Helmsley will be on opposite teams at the Survivor Series for the wild card tag team match. If they really wanted it to be a wild card match, They should have put Mero and Helmsley on the same team with each other. Helmsley and Mero always put on a great match up. The crowd was into this one since they hate Helmsley and like Mero. This is a non title match of course. Helmsley had the upper hand after sending Mero to the steel steps. Helmsley worked over Mero's back and late in the match, He locked Mero into a abdominal stretch. Helmsley even used the ropes to his advantage. That wasn't able to stop "The Wildman" though. Mero fought back and started hammering away on Helmsley. Mero got a few near falls on Helmsley, But the Intercontinental Champion kept kicking out of everything Mero gave him. Helmsley caught Mero with a low blow and went for the Pedigree, Sable got up on the apron and distracted the referee and Helmsley. This allowed Mero to hit Helmsley with a low blow of his own and roll Helmsley up for the win! Mero and Sable then headed to the back while Helmsley threw a fit.

89, 91, 86 ***3/4

Hunter Hearst Helmsley lost overness from this match.

Marc Mero gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Canadian Revolution Speak

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with the five unknown Canadian men making their way down to the ring through the crowd. They get into the ring and one of them grabs a microphone. The fans boo and chant "USA".

Scott Borders- You people shut your mouths and listen to what we have to say. This is a revolution. A Canadian revolution! You people want to know who we are? We're five Canadian men who are sick and tired of the way the WWF sees Canada. The WWF treats Canadians like garbage! Look at the Canadian athletes in the WWF. Bret Hart, This man is a legend. He's one of the best athletes in the history of the WWF, And what does he get? He gets screwed out of title shots while that pretty boy punk Shawn Michaels walks around with the WWF Championship! Owen Hart? Owen is another talented wrestler, A true Canadian. Someone we all look up to! And what does he get? Nothing! He gets put into the ring with Undertaker on Monday Night Raw! The Quebecers? One of the greatest tag teams to ever grace a WWF ring, And the WWF doesn't even give them any tag team title shots! There's plenty of Canadian wrestlers that were fired for no reason! Alex Porteau, Chris Jericho and Lance Storm were all fired!They were three of the most gifted wrestlers to step foot into a WWF ring! And the WWF fired them! The WWF treats us Canadians like crap! I'm Scott Borders and I'm leading the Canadian Revolution!

Andrew Martin- The WWF doesn't appreciate us Canadians. I'm Andrew Martin. One of the most gifted and big wrestlers to grace foot into the WWF. And guess what WWF? I'm a Canadian! And proud of it! This Canadian Revolution will not stop! We won't quit! We will not die! The WWF has treated us Canadians like trash. Why is that? Is that because you're jealous of Canada? We all know America is a second rate country. You Americans are all jealous that Canada is better than you. America is a dump! It's a waste land! Canada is God's country! America is filthy! This city is filthy! We're going to run right over every American who stands in our way!

Banky Phat- My good pal Andrew is right! Americans don't respect us Canadians! They think we're all morons! I'm Banky Phat, Only twenty two years old. And I'm already one of the best wrestlers to ever step out of Canada! I'm better than all the Americans in this company! I joined the Canadian Revolution because I believe in Canada! I believe in what we're fighting for! I don't believe in America! I don't believe in this country. You Americans are all pieces of garbage! The home of the free and the home of brave? That's a bunch of garbage! All you people do is judge the entire world. No one is good enough for the United States are we? Well, Canada is not only good enough for you guys, But we're better! Canadians are better than Americans! That's the way it is, Get used to it!

Angel Jackson- You people shut up and listen to what we're saying! Americans claim that you're loving people, You people claim that you care about the world, But you don't. You don't care at all. You only care about your money! You American fans of the World Wrestling Federation only care about your American wrestlers. You don't care about the Canadians. Canada is the scapegoat for the USA, We're not going to sit here anymore and allow you people to trash Canada. Every American that stands in my way, Every American that stands in Angel Jackson's way will feel Asthenia! Who has represented Canada in the WWF? All the Canadian wrestlers don't stand up for their right! They take all the BS you people, You American people dish out! We're not going to stand for that. You Americans don't stand for someone else's point of views, You have to have it your way! And we're not going to take it any longer! You people cheer murderers! You people cheer for guys like Charles Mason and OJ Simpson! Canadians would have never cheered those two. Your legal system is a joke! We're invading the WWF for the good of Canada!

Joe E. Legend- You people have the nerve to boo us? Why? Because we're right and you're wrong? It's typical American attitude to boo someone when they're right about this country. You people boo us because we're right. Joe E. Legend is talking so shut the hell up and listen! You Americans are all fools! Lets face the facts, Look at your president! He's nothing more than a pervert! He's a degenerate! This country is horrible! Look at how many murders happen each year in America. You got a country that is run by morons. Canada isn't that way, Canadian people are friendly. We're kind to each other. We help each other out. But you Americans, Curse at each other! You fight over a parking spot! You people get into fights at football games, Hockey games and baseball games! What does that say about America? Every American that stands in our way, Will get knocked down. We're too strong. This is a Canadian Revolution. No one can stop us!

Scott Borders- We're challenging five American wrestlers, We're challenging any five men to try to stand up to this Canadian Revolution! Whoever wants a match with us at the Survivor Series, Gets one! Five men! Are all you Americans gutless? We're going to invade New York City on November 17th! How about it USA? You guys tough enough to face the Canadian Revolution?

The crowd boos as the Canadian Revolution leaves through the crowd. Coachman and Hendrix wonder if anyone will accept the challenge for Survivor Series.

Angel Jackson gained overness from this segment.

Billy Gunn with Sunny Vs. Bob Holly

During this match, D'Lo Brown and Scorpio are shown on the split screen. They say that they were jumped by the Canadian Revolution and that they would accept their challenge for the Survivor Series. They also said they had two men backing them up, Mark Henry and Jesse James were shown! Both men said they were proud Americans and would not let the Canadian Revolution take over. Quick booking by the WWF huh? This one was a decent match. The fans do hate Billy Gunn. Sunny got involved alot every time when Holly had control of the match. Holly made the comeback late in the match and gave Billy Gunn everything he had. He even connected with the Race Car Slam, But Billy kicked out. Sunny got up on the apron and distracted the referee which allowed Billy to low blow Holly. Billy then took Holly out with the Evolution Drop and scored the win. Billy Gunn and Sunny then posed to boos from the crowd.

78, 77, 80 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jacobs destroys Chavo Guerrero!

Chavo Guerrero comes down to the ring as Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break. Coachman and Hendrix announce that at the Survivor Series, Chavo will team up with Benoit, Pillman and Rocky Maivia to face Goldust, Billy Gunn, Jacobs and Jerry Lawler! Before Chavo can even get a word out, Jacobs' music plays. The fans boo as Bob Backlund leads the monster Jacobs down to the ring. Coachman and Hendrix say that we haven't seen Jacobs since In Your House "Darkest Day". Jacobs gets into the ring and stares down the Million Dollar Champion. Backlund laughs as Jacobs goes right after Chavo! Chavo hits Jacobs with right hands, But they have no affect on the big man! Jacobs grabs Chavo by the throat and hits a helacious Choke Slam to Chavo Guerrero! Jacobs pulls Chavo back up and connects with a second straight Choke Slam to Chavo! Backlund tells Jacobs to finish him off! Jacobs pulls Chavo up and hits the Powerbomb Of Pain to Chavo! Jacobs stands over Chavo and laughs as Backlund is handed a microphone.

Bob Backlund- You guys thought he was done? You fans thought Jacobs was done? Sid might have beaten him, But he's unleashed the demon! He's unleashed the true Jacobs! He's let the monster out! And no one is safe! Come the Survivor Series, Jacobs doesn't care who he works with! He's running right through those four men! One by one! He's going to run right over everyone that stands in his way. Jacobs wants one thing and one thing only, The World Wrestling Federation Championship! Chavo, Maivia, Benoit, Pillman get ready! Jacobs is a monster who's going to leave a path of destruction!

Backlund and Jacobs leave the ring as Chavo Guerrero is left laid out. Hendrix says that no one can stop this angry monster!

Monday Night Raw Main Event

We cut to the back where Shawn Michaels is shown walking around the locker room. HBK has the WWF Championship over his shoulder. Michaels walks by a few guys like The Candyman, Scott Putski and the Hardy Boyz. He asks them where Rick Martel's locker room is at, They tell him where it's at and they wish him luck at the Survivor Series. Michaels says thanks and wishes them luck at the Survivor Series as well. Michaels sees a door with Rick Martel's name on it and knocks, Martel says come in and Shawn Michaels comes into the dressing room. Martel gets up off his seat and he and Michaels shake hands.

Shawn Michaels- Hey Rick.

Rick Martel- Hey Shawn. What's up?

Shawn Michaels- I just wanted to talk about this Monday night. I want to tell you that I am looking forward to our match for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. I been waiting to get into the ring with you for a long time Rick. It's going to be a awesome match.

Rick Martel- Me too Shawn. I been waiting for this title shot since I made my comeback. I want you to know that, Despite us being friends, I will give you a very tough match on Monday Night Raw this Monday night.

Shawn Michaels- I'm glad to hear it Rick. I want you to know that, You're going to be in there with me Rick, You're going to be in there with the "Heart Break Kid". We haven't been in the ring against each other for over four years, I've gotten a little older and alot better since then. I want you to know that, It won't be a easy match. I know you must be thinking that old HBK is worrying about Scott Hall and the Survivor Series, But I'm giving you my A game on Monday Night Raw.

Rick Martel- I'm glad to hear that Shawn, I'm glad to hear you won't be holding anything back. I'm glad you won't treat me like some kind of senior citizen. Don't think for a second that I won't give you a tough fight because I'm forty, I know this is the "New Generation" but Shawn, You know me very well. I give it a hundred and ten percent each and every time I'm out there.

Shawn Michaels- I wouldn't have it any other way Rick. I have enjoyed your return to the ring. I think you've been amazing since your return. I really do. I think you're better than most of the guys in the locker room. But Rick, You're not better than me. You're not better than Shawn Michaels. I am the very best in this company, And I hope you don't go home disappointed this Monday night after you feel Sweet Chin Music.

Rick Martel- Why would I be disappointed Shawn? If I lose, I lose to one of the best wrestlers to ever step foot into God's green earth. But maybe you're the one who's going to be disappointed this Monday night Shawn. Maybe you shouldn't be so cocky.

Shawn Michaels- Why would you say that?

Rick Martel- Well, I know you got Scott Hall and the Survivor Series on your mind. You might not be taking Rick Martel too seriously, But Shawn, I've come back to the WWF for one reason, And that is to become the WWF Champion. I know you've beaten everyone that's stood in your way, But I'm going to be giving you everything I got. I will be giving you the toughest match of your career as the WWF Champion. And I won't quit until you're either down for the one, two, three or when you're tapping out to the Quebec Crab.

Shawn Michaels- I expect the very best from you Rick. I'll see you on Monday Night Raw.

Shawn Michaels goes to leave the locker room when Rick Martel speaks..........

Rick Martel- Hey Shawn?

Shawn Michaels- Yeah Rick?

Rick Martel- Shine that belt up real nice for me, Would ya?

Shawn Michaels- I'm shining this title up real nicely, But it won't be for you Rick. I'll see you in the ring this Monday night.

Michaels leaves the locker room as Martel is left alone. We go to a commercial break with the announcers hyping Michaels/Martel this Monday night!

Rick Martel gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon Vs. PG-13

During the match, The announcers said that Bart Gunn was joining team USA at the Survivor Series! This would make Bart's first appearance since In Your House "Darkest Day"! The WWF is going to really need to hype these survivor series matches now. These two team worked great together. Furnas and LaFon didn't wrestle in October due to Furnas being injured with a back injury. Neither men looked like they lost a step in the ring. This one was such a great tag team match, PG-13 could be voted rookies of the year for 96. They have worked well with every tag team that's been put in the ring with them. PG-13 did a great rap on their way down to the ring, Trashing Cleveland pretty badly. The announcers say that at Survivor Series, Furnas and LaFon will team up with the Suicide Blonds to face The Quebecers and PG-13. The announcers mention that we haven't seen the Suicide Blonds except for those videos. Furnas and LaFon pick up the win after Furnas hit Wolfie D with a release German Suplex.

90, 81, 100 ****3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

King's Court With The Perfect One!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Jerry "The King" Lawler in the ring. The ring has a big golden throne which is where Lawler is sitting. Lawler is wearing his crown and he's holding a microphone.

Jerry Lawler- Tonight is a historic night for the King's Court. Tonight is the first ever King's Court on Friday Night Mayhem! What's better than having "The King" on a Friday night? "The King" is always making history! Speaking of making history, We're live here in Cleveland, Ohio! Now let me tell you people in Cleveland, Ohio something. I used to love this city. Besides Memphis, This was my favorite city in the world. But then I realized something, This town blows! Come on! I read the newspaper today, And well, The main story was about a guy who went diving in a sewer! Only in Cleveland, Ohio will people be amused by that! You people are so ugly too! Look at that fat guy in the crowd! What's the matter? You look like you're going to cry? Are they all out of cupcakes at the local market? I suggest you do some sit ups before you turn into Mark Henry! You'll be the next shamu if you keep up the way you're going pal! And look at this chick over there! I heard that you're Cleveland's favorite ride! And you're cheaper to try than the lottery! This town blows! I should have never offered to do King's Court in Cleveland! You guys got rats bigger than Mark Henry! And they're almost as ugly as Helen Hart! Now tonight, I'm going to interview one of the all time greats. This man is my favorite Intercontinental Champion of all time. He's perfect! When you look the word "perfect" in the dictionary you'll see his picture, May I introduce to you, Mr. Perfect!

The crowd gives Mr. Perfect a huge ovation as his music hits the arena. When Perfect comes down to the ring, The crowd is going nuts. Perfect comes into the ring and huge "Perfect" chants start. Lawler tries to speak, But the crowd continues chanting Perfect.

Jerry Lawler- Mr. Perfect welcome to the King's Court. It's good to have you back in a WWF ring!

Mr. Perfect- Thank you Jerry, It's great to be on the King's Court. I'm glad to be back in a WWF ring as well.

Jerry Lawler- Judging by these chants, It's easy to say you're still quite the popular guy.

Mr. Perfect- Yeah I am. The fans in Cleveland are smart to be cheering the symbol of perfection.

Jerry Lawler- Now before I get this interview started, You've been replaced by Jonathan Coachman! Jonathan Coachman for God's sake! Jonathan Coachman can't tell the difference between a hammerlock and a real hammer! When they offered him a job in the WWF, He thought they meant the World Wild Life Found! He thought he'd be announcing matches between pandas and tigers! How do you feel being replaced by Jonathan Coachman?

Mr. Perfect- Well King, He didn't replace me. I'm getting back into the ring and they put him in my place. I know Jonathan Coachman isn't perfect, He's not even close to being perfect! And he's not very smart like I am, I feel sorry for the fans who have to listen to him every Friday night. They now have to listen to both Hendrix and Coachman, That's torture!

Jerry Lawler- Yeah, Hendrix and Coachman blow! Hendrix thinks he's in the 70's! Look at what he's wearing! Hey Dok, We're not in California! You don't need that bleached hair out here! And that red suit has got to go! And look at Coachman! He doesn't even know what's going on! Mr. Perfect you will be returning to the ring for the first time in three years at the Survivor Series. Now for the morons in attendance, Tell them why you haven't wrestled since 1993. Tell them slowly too, Since the people here are pretty stupid.

Mr. Perfect- I suffered a back injury back in 1991, Being the guy that I am, I took a year off for my back to heal. I came back and a few months later and my back got injured again. I was told by doctors that I might not be able to ever wrestle again, But I proved them wrong. I'm making my official in ring return at the Survivor Series this year. Live from New York City!

Jerry Lawler- I can't wait to see you back in this ring. You've always been one of my favorite wrestlers. You'll be teaming up with Rick Martel, Jeff Jarrett, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Owen Hart in a wild card tag team match up. This is a odd tag team made by Commissioner Ric Flair, You have fought everyone of your teammates except for Hunter, What do you think about this match Mr. Perfect? How will you get along with your teammates?

Mr. Perfect- I am very excited about it. I can't wait to return to the ring at Madison Square Garden. I don't care who's teaming up with me, Or who I'm facing. It's going to be a perfect night at Madison Square Garden when the perfect one returns. As long as my teammates stay out of my way and let me shine in that ring, Then there won't be a problem.

Jerry Lawler- Your opponents will be Vader, British Bulldog, Ahmed Johnson, Marc Mero and Sycho Sid! These five men are some of the best and in Sid's case, Dumbest wrestlers in the WWF! Marc Mero and Ahmed Johnson aren't very bright either, Ahmed Johnson was so stupid, That when he played football, He had the coach read his letter! And Mero, Well he was just born stupid! He thinks he's tarzan! So you could have a big night at the Survivor Series.

Mr. Perfect- I've watched all of my opponents in action, They don't seem too impressive. I mean, Marc Mero? Ahmed Johnson? Sycho Sid? Vader? British Bulldog? They're losers. I can beat all five men by myself. It's going to be such a easy win for me at the Survivor Series. Those apes don't know what they're in for come the Survivor Series. I'm going to run right over all those men at the Survivor Series. It's going to be a Perfect night at Madison Square Garden! No one is stopping Mr. Perfect at the Survivor Series.

Jerry Lawler- You haven't been in the ring for over three years, How perfect will you be at the Survivor Series?

Mr. Perfect- I'm gonna be over one hundred and ten percent perfect! Look at me Jerry! Look at what kind of shape I'm in, There's no flaws here! I'm going to be ready for the Survivor Series. No one is going to beat me at the Survivor Series! Everyone that stands in my way will come out a loser! Then...............

British Bulldog's music plays which interrupts Mr. Perfect. The fans boo as British Bulldog comes down to the ring. Bulldog does not look happy.

Jerry Lawler- Bulldog, What are you doing out here?

Mr. Perfect- Yeah, This is my time British Bulldog. The fans want to listen to what the perfect one has to say!

British Bulldog- Shut your trap! I couldn't stand back and listen to what you have to say any longer! You talk about me, You call me an ape? You think your return to the ring will be amazing? It will be a nightmare! You can't handle the ring anymore! I don't know why you're returning. You're a has been. This is the New Generation! This isn't the 80's reject show! If you want to make a return, Go to Atlanta! You're not welcome in the World Wrestling Federation! You won't have a big comeback at the Survivor Series. I will be beating you. My team is winning!

Jerry Lawler- Come on guys, I don't want to see you two fight! You're two of my favorite wrestlers! I...........

Mr. Perfect- Pipe down Lawler! If "the pitbull" has got something to say let him say it!

British Bulldog- You might be making your return at the Survivor Series, But it won't be a welcome return! No one wants you back! No one wanted you as a announcer either! You should have stayed retired! You won't be a winner at the Survivor Series.

Mr. Perfect- We'll see about that Bulldog, You came out here for one reason. And I know why.

Jerry Lawler- Why is that Mr. Perfect?

Mr. Perfect- He wanted to be near perfection! Come on! Look at Bulldog and then look at me! I'm the symbol of perfection. Bulldog is nothing. He's jealous of the fact that I'm the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time! How long did Bulldog hold the Intercontinental Championship? A week? A hour?

Jerry Lawler- Ouch! That's gotta hurt Davey Boy! What do you have to say to Perfect?

British Bulldog- You know what I got to say to Perfect! I'll show!

Bulldog slaps Perfect right in the face! Perfect responds by slapping Bulldog right back! Lawler quickly flees from the ring. Bulldog looks at Perfect and nails Perfect with a right hand! Perfect responds by a right hand to Bulldog! Both men begin to trade blows! Perfect gets the best of Bulldog and rams Bulldog's head into the golden throne! Perfect quickly goes for the Perfectplex, But Bulldog exits the ring! Bulldog heads to the back to huge heat from the crowd. Perfect poses in the ring to a huge "Perfect" chant. Hendrix and Coachman say that Perfect hasn't missed a step!

Mr. Perfect debuted his new gimmick (Cocky), it got a positive response.

British Bulldog lost overness from this segment.

Interview with Bret Hart

Sean Mooney is back and he's backstage with Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Sean Mooney- It's great to be back in the WWF, And tonight I'm going to be interviewing this man right here. Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Bret Hart tonight you'll be taking on your younger brother Owen. But after the attack you suffered at the hands of Scott Steiner this Monday night, Are you going to be able to wrestle hurt?

Bret Hart- First of all, Welcome back Sean. Now as far as tonight is concerned, I know I'm going to be hurt out there, And knowing my brother Owen, He'll take advantage of that. But tonight I'm going to go out there and give it everything I have. I might be injured, But you won't see Bret Hart get a match called off because of an injury. I will give it everything I have against Owen tonight. Win, lose or draw, These fans are going to get a great show by Bret Hart.

Sean Mooney- You will be wrestling Scott Steiner at the Survivor Series. It seems like he's been getting the upper hand in this feud between you two, What do you have to say about that and your match with him at the Survivor Series?

Bret Hart- Scott Steiner has only been getting the upper hand because he's attacked me from behind. That's all he does. Scott Steiner isn't man enough to come face to face with me. At the Survivor Series this will all end. I'm going to defeat him and prove to him that he's not in my league. Scott Steiner will not defeat me at the Survivor Series. I'm going to defeat him and prove to him that I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be.

Sean Mooney- It's you and your brother Owen Hart tonight in the ring. Last time you two faced, Owen defeated you. Tonight will you be able to beat Owen?

Bret Hart- Owen only beat me because Hunter Hearst Helmsley got involved last time. Tonight's another story. Tonight I will beat Owen in the ring. Owen might be cocky over last time, But tonight he's going down at the hands of his older brother.

Sean Mooney- Good luck Bret, When Friday Night Mayhem returns we'll see Bret Hart battle his brother Owen Hart!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Hunter Hearst Helmsley retains the Intercontinental Championship by hitting Jim Neidhart with the Pedigree! (Monday Night Raw 10/28/96)

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

The crowd was into this match big time. Lots of "Lets go Bret" and "Owen sucks" chants. Last time Owen and Bret fought, Owen won thanks to Hunter Hearst Helmsley's interference. Bret Hart and Owen Hart put on another classic battle between them. Owen went right after Bret's injured ribs to start this match off. Owen pounded the hell out of Bret's ribs in the corner. Owen threw Bret out to the floor and send Bret into the steel steps and then suplexed Bret on the padded floor! Owen dominated Bret Hart in the beginning. Bret looked like he was going to make the comeback, But Owen caught him with the enziguri kick which turned things in his favor. Owen worked over Bret's legs and back to try to soften Bret up for the Sharpshooter. Bret made the comeback after he superplexed Owen right off the top turnbuckle. Bret hit Owen with right hands and connected with his trademark moves. Bret came off the second turnbuckle with a elbow drop to Owen's heart and went for the Sharpshooter. Owen was able to grab the ropes before Bret even locked him into the hold! Owen caught Bret with a spinning heel kick and locked Bret into the Sharpshooter! Bret was able to counter and lock Owen into the Sharpshooter! Owen ended up tapping out! Afterwords, Bret couldn't even celebrate as Scott Steiner ran down from the back with a lead pipe and nailed Bret right over the head with it! Bret went down and was out cold! Steiner stood over Hart as Friday Night Mayhem went off the air.

98, 97, 100 *****

Overall Rating- 86

TV Rating- 8.00

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.92

Attendance- 7,701

Ticket Sales- $308,040

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.35

Attendance- 559

Ticket Sales- $11,180

Notes

"Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"How about booking me against D'Lo Brown? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Al Snow

News

- Clarence Mason has suffered a broken leg and will be out for seven months. Shawn Stasiak has been sent down to USWA.

- WCW have signed independent worker Afa to a written contract!

- WCW have signed independent worker Chad Fortune to a written contract!

- WCW have signed Lance Storm to a written contract!

- Violent J has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- Vampiro has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Date: November 3, 1996

Attendance: 11,018

Ticket Sales: $440,720

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Jeff Jarrett facing D'Lo Brown!

The Magician Vs. Bull Buchanan

The crowd was so dead for this one and the announcers didn't even pay attention this one. The Magician isn't over at all. Well, Not like Steve Lombardi was ever over to begin with. No one cares about the big Bull either. Buchanan carried this match to something decent, Bull is quite agile for a big man. He does have some talent, Maybe he should have taken Albert's place in The Corporation? The Magician pulls out the win with the Trick Of The Day.

62, 47, 77 *3/4

Rocky Maivia Video

* From Friday Night Mayhem*

A video begins to play. Vince McMahon narrates the video.

Vince McMahon- He's the first ever third generation superstar to ever grace a World Wrestling Federation ring. His grandfather was "High Chief" Peter Maivia, His father, Rocky Johnson. He was a former football star while he was in high school. He was considered one of the best natural born athletes in the entire world today. He went to the University of Miami for a four year scholarship, Where he won many titles. In 1991, The Miami Hurricanes won the National Championship. After suffering a back injury which kept him out of football, And ruining every chance he had of making it into the NFL, This amazing athlete went to the business he was most at home with, The wrestling business. The business where his father and grandfather became stars at. Rocky Maivia is one of the best athletes in the history of sports, And he's going to be a World Wrestling Federation Superstar. This young man who's only twenty four years old, Will debut on November 17th, At the Survivor Series. Live from Madison Square Garden!

We're shown footage of Rocky's father, Rocky Johnson. We're then shown footage of Rocky's football moments. We're taken to the WWF studios where Rocky Maivia is shown.

Rocky Maivia- You know, When I decided to come to the World Wrestling Federation alot of people asked me why, They asked "why Rocky"? Why go to the WWF? I wanted to prove that I had something left in myself, After football, I thought why not get into wrestling? My father and my grandfather were big stars in the WWF. And I know I can follow in their footsteps. I know I can become a big star in the World Wrestling Federation. I'm going to go out there and give it a hundred and ten percent each and every time I'm out there. These fans will see that Rocky Maivia is a true sports entertainer. A true wrestler. Being a third generation superstar doesn't change a thing, I'm not going to live off my family. I want to make a name for myself, And I will at the Survivor Series. I'm looking forward to being out there each and every night I'm competing. I hope that the WWF fans can learn to respect me like they respect all the other WWF Superstars. I hope they can one day see me as a big star. I'm counting the days until the Survivor Series.

The video ends with McMahon saying that we're going to see more videos of Rocky Maivia in the upcoming weeks.

Rocky Maivia gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Coming Soon.............

* From Monday Night Raw*

Another video airs hyping the debut of the Suicide Blonds. We're shown footage of Adam Copeland and Christian Cage wondering around a city. Both men are wearing dark clothes as it rains through the night. The words "Blood brothers" are shown on the screen. Both men go through the streets during the night, Walking through filth and everything else you can imagine in a dark street. They then walk through a busy subway station. The men look around at the homeless people, Some drinking, While some are just trying to fight for their survival. To live for another day. The words "fight for your survival" are shown on the screen as both men walk through this city. The video ends with both men standing on a roof. They both look up at the sky as the words "November 17th" are shown. The video comes to an end with the Survivor Series logo burning.

The Candyman and Hardy Boyz Vs. Mike Lockwood, Brian Christopher and Scott Taylor

This is to hype the match at the Survivor Series which will also feature Scott Putski and Alex Wright. The best part about Superstars is the Light Heavyweight talent. This one was a excellent fast paced match up. All six men worked their asses off here. The crowd got into this match when each men hit some high spots. The announcers ignored it like two jackasses, And talked about Monday Night Raw tomorrow night. The Candyman picked up the win for his team by rolling Lockwood up for the three.

80, 70, 90 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with The Brotherhood

We're shown some pre recorded words from The Brotherhood. They hype their match with The Corporation at the Survivor Series and say that The Corporation are going to go down at the Survivor Series. They talk about how they're talking Ted DiBiase out of the World Wrestling Federation for good. Adams and Lee make sure to hype the fact that they're the tag team champions. The Brotherhood says they're surviving the Survivor Series.

Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer Vs. Scott Putski

This is to hype their Survivor Series elimination match, They'll be teaming up with the men who wrestled in the six men tag match earlier today. Wright and Laurer attacked Putski a few weeks ago on Friday Night Mayhem. Wright is getting some great heat from the fans. Laurer waved the flag through out the match. Wright and Putski stole the show, Wright is a Light Heavyweight, But he's taller and more built than the other Light Heavyweight wrestlers. Wright picks up the win with a German Suplex after Laurer tripped Putski. Wright and Laurer stood over Wright and waved the German flag.

87, 75, 100 ****1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Doug Furnas defeats Wolfie D with a release German suplex! (Friday Night Mayhem 11/1/96)

Interview with The Corporation

We're now shown some pre recorded comments from The Corporation. DiBiase does all the talking while The Corporation members stand there. Ted DiBiase talks about how The Brotherhood are overconfident. DiBiase says that The Brotherhood are going to go down once and for all at the Survivor Series. DiBiase promises everyone that not only is The Corporation winning, But he's staying in the WWF. DiBiase does his laugh and tells The Brotherhood that the war was about to begin.

Jeff Jarrett with Rick Rude Vs. D'Lo Brown

Jarrett hasn't been on TV all week. There are rumors going around that Jarrett is leaving the WWF. Jarrett is said to be unhappy right now. Jarrett feels he's gotten screwed over by the WWF. Jarrett does have a point, He hasn't done much since August. The crowd still gave Jarrett some good heat though. Rude got involved several times through out this match and helped out Double J. Brown made the comeback around the five minute mark and gave Double J everything he had. In the end, Jarrett took Brown down with a DDT and scored the win. Superstars went off the air with Jeff Jarrett celebrating his win.

85, 86, 83 ***1\4

Overall Rating- 78

TV Rating- 2.90

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.94

Attendance- 7,730

Ticket Sales- $309,200

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Mike Lockwood

"I'd like to request a match or two with Chavo Guerrero. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together."- Owen Hart

Edited by Baby Hewey