World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

I noticed soemthing in that pic. Im not trying to be picky, but why doesnt Taker have the mask? And why is Deisel in the back?

1. Disel interfered in that match.

2. It'd probably be hard enough getting the picture with the three of them in it, and the mask too. Besides, it says Hart rupped it off.

user posted image

Date: January 22nd, 1996

Arena: Qualcomm Stadium

Monday Night Raw is coming to you live twenty four hours after the Royal Rumble. Last night Shawn Michaels won his second straight Royal Rumble match and now the "Heart Break Kid" is set to meet the WWF Champion at Wrestlemania XII. Tonight we're going to hear from Shawn Michaels. What does HBK have to say about his huge win last night?

Another man with a huge win last night is the current WWF Champion Bret "The Hitman" Hart who beat Undertaker in a hard fought battle last night thanks to a little unwanted help from Diesel. Tonight Bret Hart will take on Isaac Yankem DSS in a non title match! Can Yankem win this match since Bret Hart isn't 100%?

Speaking of Diesel tonight we're going to hear from "Big Daddy Cool". What does Diesel have to say about interfering in Undertaker's match last night and costing Undertaker the title? What does Diesel have to say about Shawn Michaels eliminating him to win the Royal Rumble?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Steve Austin Vs. Aldo Montoya

Marc Mero Vs. British Bulldog

Jean Pierre Lafitte Vs. Ahmed Johnson

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Smoking Gunns© Vs. Vader and Yokozuna

Plus in the main event we'll see Isaac Yankem DDS take on Bret Hart in a non title match!

And we'll hear from Razor Ramon, The Corporation plus much more!

Bah. Not happy with HBK winning the rumble match itself. I personally cannot stand that it always seems to be HBK/Hart at WMXII in all the diaries.

Yet, it would be even more stupid to take the belt off of Bret now, considering how over he is, and a proper buildup will take atleast 2 months.

All in all, I do not think it was a smart choice to give HBK the RR win.

Guest meripu1

Bret could always retain at WrestleMania though. I usually go for havign HBK win the title but maybe it would be nice to see Bret retain for a change, though i think having HBK as the champion gives more options.

This time around i think we will most likely see Razor Ramon as champion as Hewey never got to do it in his last WWF Diary so maybe Bret will retain only to lose it to Razor, then he could use a good feud with Razor and HBK. Id love to see that happen.

user posted image

Date: January 22nd, 1996

Arena: Qualcomm Stadium

Attendance: 7,536

Ticket Sales: $301,440

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's big main event of Bret "The Hitman" Hart taking on Isaac Yankem DDS in a non title match!

Steve Austin Vs. Aldo Montoya

Austin is making his Monday Night Raw debut here. Austin started off jumping Montoya from behind! Austin dominated the entire match as he stomped away on Aldo Montoya in the corner like a animal! Austin showed off his great talent as he worked over Montoya's legs through out the match and locked Montoya into a boston crab! Montoya thought fought back and made it to the ropes. Austin ended up slamming Montoya down and headed up top. Austin though took too long up on the top turnbuckle and this allowed Montoya to shake the ropes getting Austin crotched up in them! Montoya then threw Austin off the top turnbuckle making Austin land on the canvas hard! Montoya followed up making a brief come back against Austin nailing Austin with right hands and two drop kicks. Montoya followed up with a spinning heel that somehow only got a 2 count. Montoya lifted Austin up and positioned Austin up for a suplex but Austin countered out of it with a jaw breaker! Austin then kicked Montoya in the gut and drilled him with the Stone Cold Stunner! Austin covered for the one, two, three! Afterwards Austin picked Montoya up and tossed Montoya out to the floor!

67, 65, 85 ***

The Corporation has a big offer for Steve Austin

Austin stands in the ring and asks for a microphone as Aldo Montoya is left laid out on the floor. The crowd boos Austin and start a "Austin sucks" chant.

Steve Austin- First of all let me introduce myself to all you people. I am Steve Austin! And I am the man who just whipped that sorry piece of trash! Now let me make myself my style perfectly clear to each and everyone of you fans! Steve Austin don't like nobody and Austin don't trust nobody. I am the best damn wrestler in the business today and I have come to the World Wrestling Federation to prove it to each and everyone of you people! I don't give a damn about any of you people. I am going to show everyone in the WWF why I am the best that's why I'm here. They say the WWF is the place for the "New Generation"? Well Steve Austin is the whole damn "New Generation"! I will go through each and everyone of the WWF superstars one by one until I get to the World Wrestling Federation Championship. That's why I'm here. To be the World Wrestling Federation Champion. I'll go through the WWF's Bret Hart, I'll go through Shawn Michaels, Hell I'll bury Undertaker when it's time! Steve Austin is going right to the top of the WWF. 1996 will be my year and that's all I got to say about that!

The music of The Corporation hits the arena to boos as Ted DiBiase leads Al Snow, 1-2-3 Kid, Kama and Tatanka down to the ring. Austin looks ready for a fight as The Corporation get inside the ring. Ted DiBiase is also handed a microphone and Austin stares down DiBiase with a stone cold stare.

Ted DiBiase- Hang on Steve. I didn't come out here to fight. That's not why me and my men are out here. Simmer down. Steve Austin I couldn't help but overhear what you been saying and I think you're right my friend. You are the future of this business. Just like Al Snow. Just like Kama. Just like Tatanka and just like 1-2-3 Kid. They and you are the future of the business. But Steve Austin they're gonna go to the top because they got me in their corner. If there's one thing I learned from being in this company is that you need someone watching your back. And Steve who better than the "Million Dollar Man" and The Corporation to watch your back? I know you don't trust anybody but Steve lets face it the WWF isn't going to let you go the top unless you got someone with experience backing you.

Steve Austin- Let me get this straight? Ted DiBiase wants Steve Austin to be in The Corporation?

Ted DiBiase- Yes. Come on Steve! You want to to go the top of the WWF right? Well I'm the man who'll get your there. Look at what I've done for the careers of Kama, 1-2-3 Kid and Tatanka. Look at what I'm going to do for Al Snow's career! You belong with a winning team! Think about it Steve! Steve Austin if you join us then you'll be unbeatable! You'll go right to the top of the WWF I promise you that Steve! Come on! What do you say?

Steve Austin- Well how in the hell can Steve Austin say no to Ted DiBiase and The Corporation? You got my back and make me into a star then you got a deal!

Austin shakes DiBiase's hand as The Corporation claps. Austin, Tatanka, Al Snow, 1-2-3 Kid, Kama and Ted DiBiase raise their arms high in the air as the crowd boos. Monday Night Raw goes to it's first commercial break with The Corporation posing.

Steve Austin gained overness from this segment.

Ted DiBiase gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero Vs. British Bulldog with James E. Cornette

The announcers mentioned that Marc Mero made his debut at the Royal Rumble last night and left a rival competitor to join the New WWF Generation. Bulldog started off showing the new comer a couple of things in the ring as Bulldog out wrestled Mero and then taunted him showing his muscles. But Mero wasn't too impressed and responded by with a high drop kick taking Bulldog down. Mero continued taking Bulldog down with another drop kick and a high hip toss. Bulldog then got clotheslined out to the floor by Marc Mero. Mero hit a big plancha to Bulldog out on the floor! Mero though ended up getting distracted by Cornette and this allowed Bulldog to ram Mero right into the steel ring post back first! Bulldog then controlled the match inside the ring working over Mero's back pounding down hard on "The Wildman". Bulldog used his stalling vertical suplex on Mero but that wasn't enough to put Mero down. Bulldog continued working over Mero's back and after running Mero over with a clothesline Bulldog said it was time for the Running Powerslam! Bulldog dragged Mero up and positioned Mero for the Running Powerslam Bulldog couldn't hold Mero up and Mero ended up hitting Bulldog with a enziguri kick to the back of the head! Mero then fought back taking Bulldog down and hitting a couple high risk moves for near falls. Mero slammed Bulldog down and headed up top! Cornette though crotched Mero on the top turnbuckle without the referee seeing it! Bulldog went up top with Mero attempting a superplex but Mero was able to hit a sunset flip off the top turnbuckle for the 1,2,3! Mero then headed to the back with his arms raised high in the air as James E. Cornette threw a fit! Marc Mero has just beaten British Bulldog.

72, 79, 83 ***

British Bulldog lost overness from this match.

Marc Mero gained overness from this match.

Jim Ross and Vince McMahon couldn't believe the upset Marc Mero just pulled off against a veteran like British Bulldog. Vince McMahon said that with a victory like that we could see Marc Mero being a huge superstar here in the World Wrestling Federation. Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with Jim Ross hyping a interview with Razor Ramon coming up next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Razor Ramon has a challenge in mind for next week

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Jim Ross standing in the ring holding a microphone.

Jim Ross- Last night at the Royal Rumble we saw one heck of a Intercontinental Championship match. It was Razor Ramon facing Goldust. These two fought like no one has ever fought before for that Intercontinental Championship. In the end Razor Ramon drilled Goldust with Razor's Edge and had him beat until 1-2-3 Kid came down to the ring and broke the count up resulting in a disqualification win for Razor Ramon. Fans at this time let me introduce to you the current Intercontinental Champion "The Bad Guy" Razor Ramon!

The music of Razor Ramon hits the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. The Intercontinental Champion walks down to the ring looking as cocky as ever as the fans cheer. Razor gets inside the ring and does his usual pose as pyro shoots off behind him. The Intercontinental Championship is right around Razor's waist.

Jim Ross- Thank you for joining us tonight Razor. Razor Ramon last night you defended the Intercontinental Championship against Goldust in what was a tough battle. Both of you gave it everything you had but in the end it looked like you were going to pin Goldust if it wasn't for 1-2-3 Kid getting involved and causing the disqualification. Razor last year 1-2-3 Kid turned on you after years of being by your side and then last night again he got involved in your business. Razor Ramon when is this thing between you and The Kid going to end?

Razor Ramon- You know JR me and the 1-2-3 Kid used to be real tight. We used to be the best of friends but somehow he wanted more. He wanted all the money and all the fame. And he ended up making the biggest mistake of his life by turning on me. Kid let me tell you something I ain't done with you! Just because I got some gold freak trying to get some of me that doesn't mean I haven't forgotten about you! Kid last night you threw the first punch and it's time for us to end it once and for all!

Jim Ross- So would you be willing to fight 1-2-3 Kid? I mean you have this whole issue with Goldust right now..... What about Goldust is this whole thing with Goldust settled?

Razor Ramon- In my opinion me and Goldust are done. I whipped his butt last night and he wouldn't want another match with me after what I did to him last night. Goldust got his butt kicked and he wouldn't want another round with "The Bad Guy". My focus is now on 1-2-3 Kid and getting even with him.

Jim Ross- Razor speaking of Goldust last night it was a tough battle. But I don't think Goldust is willing to forget about you that easily.

Razor Ramon- Jim Ross if he's not willing to forget then I'll beat him around like I did last night. Goldust got what he had coming. He challenged my toughness and he paid for it. I don't think we'll see Goldust go around playing his mind games on anyone else in the World Wrestling Federation. You know.....

Razor Ramon is interrupted by the music of Goldust which hits the arena to huge heat from the crowd. Goldust is then shown on the big "RAW" screen.

Goldust- Hello all... Hello to everyone in San, Diego. And a special hello to "The Naughty One". Razor Ramon last night we had a fight. You wanted to hurt me but you can't keep me down. Razor you beat me down I'll give you that but when the night was over you didn't pin me one, two, three like you wanted. Razor Ramon until you're able to pin me one, two, three I will never ever leave you alone. Razor you did not put this movie star away. You couldn't. You couldn't hurt me because you didn't want to... Razor you should just give yourself to me. You know you want to be with the golden one.

Razor Ramon- Goldust I'm getting sick and tired of you. So if you want a rematch how about next week? I'll put the title on the line! You and I and next week I'll make a man out of you! What do you say chica? Do you want to Rumble with "The Bad Guy" again?

Goldust- I accept Razor. Next week you and I one on one again for your title. Lets see if you can put me away. Razor I promise you that after next week you will never forget the name of.... Goldust!

Razor Ramon- Goldust next week I'm going to give you a beating you'll never ever forget!

Razor Ramon's music hits as Goldust fades from the "RAW" screen. Razor Ramon poses with the Intercontinental Championship as Vince McMahon hyped the huge match coming up next.

Goldust gained overness from this segment.

Razor Ramon gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Jean Pierre Lafitte

Jean Pierre is another man who made his return to the Royal Rumble last night. The evil pirate came down to the ring and told McMahon and Ross he'd have to steal some things tonight. Johnson came down to the ring and went right after Lafitte! They started off slugging each other with Johnson getting the best of the pirate. Johnson ran over Lafitte with clotheslines and then hammered down on Lafitte with right hands in the corner. Johnson though ended up taking a stiff clothesline from Lafitte which gave Lafitte control of the match. Lafitte stomped away on Johnson and used a bearhug on the big man. But Johnson easily fought out only to walk right into a powerslam from Lafitte. Lafitte then controlled the rest of the match getting a couple close near falls in the process. Lafitte ended up taking Johnson down with a back breaker and headed up top. Lafitte came flying off the top attempting the cannonball but Johnson rolled out of the way! Johnson then made a come back and took Lafitte out with a spinebuster! Johnson dragged Lafitte up and called for the Pearl River Plunge! But before Johnson could take Lafitte out Crush came running down from the back! Crush ran into the ring taking Johnson out with a clothesline! The referee then called for the bell. Crush then stomped away on Johnson as the referee tried to get him off of Johnson. Crush though pushed the official down! Crush went out to the floor and got the ring bell! Crush then came into the ring with the ring bell and nailed Johnson with it over the head as Johnson was getting up! Crush then stood over Johnson as road agents and referees from the back ran down to stop the carnage. Crush had a evil look on his face before heading to the back. Crush told Johnson that he wasn't done with Johnson yet.

63, 69, 73 *3/4

Vince McMahon and Jim Ross couldn't believe that Crush came down to the ring and interfered in Ahmed Johnson's business. McMahon reminded the fans that Crush is a dangerous, dangerous man who's been in jail! Vince McMahon then hyped a special interview with "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Big Daddy Cool" isn't scared of Undertaker

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with "Diesel blues" hitting the arena to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Diesel walks down to the ring wearing street clothes with a cocky look on his face. Diesel gets inside the ring stepping right over the top rope. Diesel raises his arm in the air as pyro shoots off "Big Daddy Cool". Diesel is then handed a microphone as some fans boo and some cheer "Big D".

Diesel- You know when I arrived in this arena people came up to me and they asked me why did I screw Undertaker out of the title last night at the Royal Rumble? Well you people want to know why? Well the answer is quite simple. Because Diesel does what he wants when he wants! And ain't nobody going to stop me. Undertaker you didn't deserve that title shot. I'm the one who should have been facing Bret Hart for the title last night. Undertaker what the hell have you done to get a shot at the title? I held that title for almost a year! I gave everything I had to the fans! I should be getting the title shots not you! Bret Hart I wanted you to walk out champion because you're the one who beat me for the title in the first place. And I'm going to be the one who's going to beat you for the title! Bret Hart I am the better man and you know it pal. While you were down there in "the dungeon" In Calgary I was out in the streets making a name for myself. That little Canadian wrestling garbage ain't nothing compared to "Diesel power" my friend. Bret Hart I want the next title shot. You owe me "Hitman"! Lets see if you're man enough to face me. And Undertaker last night was nothing personal. It's just business! I am not scared of you Undertaker. You might have the whole WWF scared but I don't fear you! The fact is I am a genetic wonder! And Undertaker this genetic wonder doesn't fear you! You can cry about being shafted out of the title all you want but remember that you can't do anything about it! Diesel is the man in charge of the WWF right now. The WWF is running on Diesel power and that's the truth! One way or another I will get the WWF Championship around my waist. And Undertaker if I were you I'd just let it go. Because you do not want to get into the ring with Diesel. Just let it go big man. See I am what you call a.......

Diesel is interrupted by the music of Undertaker! Diesel looks on at the entry way as the crowd goes wild. Undertaker then comes walking down the isle as the lights flicker! Diesel stands in the ring as Undertaker gets inside the ring. The lights come on and both giants are staring each other down! Undertaker attacks with a right hand! Diesel responds with another right hand! Both giants trade heavy blows as the fans go wild! Undertaker hammers away on Diesel with right hands and follows up with a uppercut! Undertaker sends Diesel to the corner and hammers away. Diesel comes out of the corner and Undertaker attempts a Choke Slam but it's blocked. Diesel then knees Undertaker in the gut! Diesel nails Undertaker in the back of the head with a elbow! Diesel then clotheslines Undertaker out to the floor but Undertaker lands on his feet and pulls "Big Daddy Cool" out to the floor! Diesel and Undertaker hammer away at each other and then referees and road agents come running down from the back! They pull the two big men off of each other as the fans boo. Diesel heads to the back shouting "I'm not done with you dead man!" Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Diesel and Undertaker staring a hole at each other as the officials try to keep them from jumping at each other.

Undertaker gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Smoking Gunns© Vs. Vader and Yokozuna with James E. Cornette

Yokozuna and Vader did not seem to be working well here tonight. Vince and JR reminded us that Vader was the one who eliminated Yokozuna from the Royal Rumble last night and that the two haven't been getting along all day. The match starts off with all four men going at it in the ring and Vader accidentally hit Yokozuna with a clothesline! This allowed The Gunns to get the advantage for a bit until Yokozuna took Bart down with a huge samoan drop. Yokozuna tagged Vader in rather hard. Vader worked over Bart in the corner nailing Bart with stiff right hands. Vader and Yokozuna would make tags back and fourth with both men tagging each other with stiff blows. Eventually Bart took Vader out with a huge clothesline and made the tag to Billy Gunn as Vader tagged Yokozuna in. Yokozuna beat down both Gunns As Vader went out to the apron. Yokozuna slammed both Bart and then Billy down and went to tag Vader in but Vader got off the apron! This shocked both Yokozuna and Cornette! Yokozuna got so distracted that Billy Gunn hit him with a huge clothesline! Billy covered and scored the upset 3 count! Afterwards Smoking Gunns headed to the back as Cornette and Vader came inside the ring. Yokozuna went after Vader but Cornette got in his way and told Yokozuna not to do anything! This angered Yokozuna and he shoved Cornette right on his ass! Yokozuna and Vader then came to blows! Yokozuna got the best of Vader and knocked Vader down with a right hand! Yokozuna then clotheslined Vader out to the floor! Cornette then hit Yokozuna from behind with the racket! Yokozuna though didn't feel a thing and tossed Cornette out to the floor right on top of Vader! The fans went wild as Yokozuna stood in the ring telling Cornette he was done with him. Vader tried to get inside the ring but Cornette told to wait. Cornette said that Yokozuna would have hell to pay soon.

77, 86, 87 ***3/4

Bart Gunn gained overness from this match.

Billy Gunn gained overness from this match.

Yokozuna's turn was completed, and he is now a face.

Yokozuna gained overness from this turn.

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

The announcers couldn't believe that Yokozuna just turned on Vader and Cornette like that. Jim Ross guessed that the big man was tired of being ordered around by Cornette. We were then shown stills from last night's Royal Rumble match. It showed Shawn Michaels eliminating Diesel to win the Royal Rumble. Vince and JR said that Michaels will now go to Wrestlemania XII to face the champion whoever that might be. Vince said that up next we'd hear from the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Shawn Michaels gets challenged by the man who put him out

Vince McMahon stands in the ring with a microphone as Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break.

Vince McMahon- Ladies and gentlemen last night we saw the return of one of the most popular wrestlers in the entire WWF. Shawn Michaels made his return last night and won his second straight Royal Rumble match. Shawn Michaels will now go to Wrestlemania XII to face the World Wrestling Federation Champion whoever that may be. Well tonight we will hear from Shawn Michaels. So let me introduce to you the one and the only "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels!

"Sexy boy" hits the arena to a huge ovation from the fans as Shawn Michaels makes his way down to the ring slapping hands with the fans at ringside. Michaels gets inside the ring and does his pose as pyro shoots off behind Michaels. McMahon and Michaels shake hands as the crowd start a very loud "HBK" chant.

Vince McMahon- Thank you for joining us Shawn Michaels. Now last night you did what only one other man in this industry has done and that is win two back to back Royal Rumble matches. Shawn Michaels this was your first match back and how do you feel?

Shawn Michaels- Vin Man I gotta tell you. HBK feels great after last night. Not only did I win two straight Royal Rumble matches but I am now going to Wrestlemania XII to face the World Wrestling Federation Champion! I came back from a very serious injury but somehow I managed to beat twenty nine other men and in doing so I will now get my title shot. It was a good night for the "Kliq".

Vince McMahon- Speaking of the "Kliq" you eliminated your best friend "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel to win the Royal Rumble match. Are there any hard feelings there?

Shawn Michaels- Well Diesel knows it was just business. We talked about it and he wished me the best of luck. Diesel knows that I had to do what I had to do to win the Royal Rumble. Nothing has changed between the big man and HBK.

Vince McMahon- What about his attitude change? What do you think about that Shawn Michaels?

Shawn Michaels- Diesel's just frustrated Vince. I'm sure he'll cool down. If he's happy than the "Kliq" is happy. Diesel's my best friend and I'll support him in his decision. He knows what he's doing trust me McMahon.

Vince McMahon- Shawn Michaels your victory last night will secure you as the number one contender for the WWF Championship match at Wrestlemania XII against whoever walks in as the champion. But the man who put you out of action is Owen Hart. Owen Hart and you did go at it last night but you didn't get to eliminate him. What is your situation with Owen Hart right now Shawn Michaels?

Shawn Michaels- Owen Hart likes to talk alot of trash but the fact of the matter is that he might have put me out but last night I returned and I returned better than ever. Owen Hart anytime you want a fight I'll give you. I proved to the whole world that I am better than you and that the "Kliq" fears nobody! Owen Hart if you get in my business again I'll shove my foot so far down your throat it'll knock out all of those teeth you have in your mouth! And then....

Shawn Michaels is about to talk but the music of Owen Hart interrupts Michaels. Owen Hart makes his way down to the ring to boos from the crowd. Hart gets inside the ring and is handed a microphone as Vince and Michaels stare him down.

Shawn Michaels- What are you doing out here? This is my interview time not your's pal!

Owen Hart- Shawn Michaels you got alot of nerve coming out here and talking about me. Shawn Michaels you and I both know if it wasn't for that big goof Diesel I would have won the Royal Rumble. Shawn Michaels I've knocked you out before and I'll do it again!

Vince McMahon- Come on now Owen... You don't want to...

Owen Hart- Shut your hole McMahon before I slap that toupee right out of your head! Shawn Michaels I almost ended your career and I want the chance to do it again!

Shawn Michaels- Hey if you want a match I'll give you one anytime, anywhere Owen! Come on!

Owen Hart- Calm down you gun slinging Texan hillbilly. I don't want one tonight. Or next week. I want one at the next Pay Per View. In Your House "No Escape". If you're enough man get into the ring with the "King Of Harts"! Lets see who's the best man!

Shawn Michaels- I accept! Owen Hart at In Your House "No Escape" there will be no escaping the "Kliq" my friend! Because the "Kliq" will come to Louisville, Kentucky and they will knock you right down on your ass! I've beaten you before and I will do it again!

Owen Hart smiles and begins to leave the ring. Owen Hart stands near the "RAW" stage and begins to speak again.

Owen Hart- Shawn Michaels you might have beaten me before but I've knocked you out before and I will do it again!

The fans boo as Owen Hart's theme plays. Owen Hart and Shawn Michaels stare each other down as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

Shawn Michaels lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Bret Hart

We're taken to the interview area backstage as Monday Night Raw returns from the break. We see Dok Hendrix standing by with the current World Wrestling Federation Champion the one and the only Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Dok Hendrix- Bret Hart first of all let me congratulate you on your big victory over Undertaker last night at the Royal Rumble. What a match it was. The only bad thing in that match was the ending with Diesel getting involved costing Undertaker the match. Many people claim that you would not have been able to beat Undertaker. Your thoughts?

Bret Hart- Well people can claim what they want. But the fact is when Undertaker hit me with the Tombstone the referee was down Dok. Undertaker could have pinned me all he wanted but there was no one to make the count. Diesel though on the other hand is another story. Diesel you come out here and make fun of my training in the dungeon and the Canadian fans. Well big man I didn't ask you to get involved last night. I could have beaten Undertaker without your help! If Diesel wants a rematch with me then I'll give him one. I fear nobody. Undertake that goes for you too. Lets see who the better man is without any interference.

Dok Hendrix- Well the man who won the Royal Rumble is Shawn Michaels and he's set to go to Wrestlemania XII to face you. If you are the champion heading into Wrestlemania XII it's you and Michaels. Your thoughts on that?

Bret Hart- It seems to me that everyone is expecting Shawn Michaels to perform some miracle and win the title at Wrestlemania XII. Shawn Michaels you might be popular with the fans and you might have your "Kliq" behind you but everyone knows that my fans are the most loyal ones. I respect you as a competitor but if we do go at it at Wrestlemania XII you will not be walking out with my World Wrestling Federation Championship.

Dok Hendrix- Bret Hart tonight you face Isaac Yankem DDS in a non title match. This is just twenty four hours after your war with Undertaker last night. What kind of condition are you in to face this three hundred pound monster?

Bret Hart- Isaac Yankem DDS and I have faced before and he's gone down to "The Hitman". Isaac Yankem you might think you have got some kind of edge tonight but you're wrong. Tonight's going to be my night! Tonight I will prove to you once and for all why I am the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be!

Dok Hendrix- Fans stay tuned up next Bret Hart takes on Isaac Yankem DDS in a non title match! It's right after this commercial break!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Isaac Yankem DDS Vs. Bret Hart

Yankem treated this like a title match as he jumped Hart from behind. Yankem pounded away on Hart in the corner as Vince and JR noted that both Diesel and Undertaker have left the building. Yankem worked over Hart's lower back and threw Hart out to the floor. Yankem then rammed Hart into the steel ring post back first three times! Yankem rolled Hart back into the ring and came flying off the top with a clothesline to "The Hitman" for a clothesline near fall. For the next couple of minutes we saw Yankem continuing beating down Hart and working over Hart's back. Yankem tried to hit the DDS a couple times but Bret Hart would fight out of it only to walk into a big offensive move from Yankem. Yankem got a couple near falls over Hart and eventually was able to deliver the DDS to Bret Hart! Yankem though did not go for the cover! Yankem decided to head up top! This proved to be a mistake as Bret Hart crotched Yankem on the top turnbuckle and delivered a huge superplex! Hart then connected with a bulldog followed by the russian legsweep, vertical suplex, back breaker and second turnbuckle elbow drop! Hart worked over Yankem's legs a bit and finished Yankem off by locking him into the Sharpshooter! Yankem didn't have anywhere to go and quickly tapped out! Yankem then headed to the back as Bret Hart stood in the ring posing with the WWF Championship.

80, 82, 97 ****1\2

The Master And The Ruler Of The World!

Bret Hart was celebrating until Sycho Sid's music hit the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Sycho Sid then made his way down to the ring as Bret Hart stood in the ring with the WWF Championship over his shoulder. Sid gets inside the ring and stares down Bret Hart. Sid is handed a microphone as the crowd starts a huge "Sid" chant.

Sycho Sid- Bret Hart! Congratulations on a big win my Canadian friend. Congratulations on a impressive win just twenty four hours after a huge victory over Undertaker. But Bret Hart I notice that you have two men challenging you for the belt. Diesel and Undertaker. Sid starts whispering. Well Bret Hart now you have three men wanting the Championship. Diesel, Undertaker and Sid.... Starts yelling again. That's right! I want the WWF Championship! And Bret Hart let me make myself clear to you. You now have three big monsters going after you and only one man can get that title shot and that man will be me! Sycho Sid! And when we do go at it I will prove to you that I am the master and that I am the ruler of the world!

Sycho Sid's music hits to a huge ovation from the fans as Sid and Bret Hart go nose to nose staring each other down. Sid starts to leave the ring as Monday Night Raw goes off the air with Bret Hart and Sycho Sid staring each other down. Bret Hart has not one, Not two but three challengers all wanting one thing the WWF Championship!

Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 79

TV Rating- 6.84

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 5.89

Attendance- 6,546

Ticket Sales- $261,840

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.96

Attendance- 6,536

Ticket Sales- $261,440

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.31

Attendance- 422

Ticket Sales- $8,440

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Aldo Montoya

"Vader was working too stiffly, I could have been badly hurt."- Billy Gunn

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest MaxMini

Bah. Not happy with HBK winning the rumble match itself. I personally cannot stand that it always seems to be HBK/Hart at WMXII in all the diaries.

Yet, it would be even more stupid to take the belt off of Bret now, considering how over he is, and a proper buildup will take atleast 2 months.

All in all, I do not think it was a smart choice to give HBK the RR win.

Who else would you have against Bret at WrestleMania?

Guest MaxMini

I smell a Fatal Four way Match at No Escape.

However, I'm not sure about Mero going over Bulldogg unless you are giving Mero a major push.

There's a button called EDIT max.

I love how you're using Owen, it's parfait in my opinion. And yes, Stevie is right. I agree that Bret could either face Owen, Bulldog, Razor and MAYBE Vader at Wrestlemania, rather than Shawn but it's not my diary, I just read it and I like where it's going.

WWF Monday Night Raw arena notes.

Hey this is Tom and I attended Monday Night Raw live from San Diego, California. The evening started off with Howard Finkel coming down to the ring and telling us that matches would take place before and after the show. Then the dark matches began.

Dark Matches

1. Fatu defeated The Goon at 2:11 with the Fatu Driver. Fatu dominated the entire match and quickly beat The Goon with the Fatu Driver.

2. Godwinns with Hillybilly Jim defeated The Bodydonnas with Sunny at 5:12 with the Slop Drop on Skip. This one was a decent tag match but the people were too busy looking at Sunny to care. Henry finished Skip off with the Slop Drop for the easy one, two, three.

3. Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Duke "The Dumpster" Droese at 3:16 with a low blow followed by the Pedigree. Decent match with Droese controlling most of it. Helmsley was able to low blow Droese behind the referee's back and finished him off with the Pedigree. Afterwards Helmsley celebrated and Droese nailed him with the trash can to a good pop from the fans.

4. Al Snow defeated Bob Holly at 6:44 with the Million Dollar Dream. Decent match with Holly getting a couple good moves in on Snow. Snow won after drilling Holly with a side kick. Snow finished Holly off by locking Holly into the Million Dollar Dream for the submission win.

Afterwards Vince McMahon and Jim Ross came down to the announce position. Both men received great ovations from the crowd. The WWF put on a great Monday Night Raw following the Royal Rumble.

Dark Matches after Monday Night Raw went off the air.

After the cameras stopped rolling Bret Hart stayed in the ring celebrating. Hart then headed to the back and Howard Finkel came into the ring and told us there were more matches to come.

1. Goldust defeated Jake "The Snake" Roberts at 4:12 with the Curtain Call. Goldust got huge heat while Jake got a good pop. This one was a back and fourth match but in the end Goldust connected with the Curtain Call for the win. Afterwards Goldust did some posing which allowed Jake to sneak up on him with a DDT! Jake then threw the snake on top of Goldust!

2. Razor Ramon defeated Crush at 6:54 with Razor's Edge. Razor got a huge ovation from the fans. This one was another good match with Crush getting a couple near falls on Razor. Razor finished Crush off with Razor's Edge.

3. Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon defeated 1-2-3 Kid and Owen Hart at 10:10 with Sweet Chin Music to Kid. HBK came down to the ring and got challenged by both Kid and Owen Hart. Michaels said he needed a partner and that Diesel had already left the building. So Razor Ramon came down to the ring and said he'd fight twice in one night! This one was a wild tag match with all four men giving it everything they had. The ending came when Owen ducked the Sweet Chin Music but Kid ended up taking the super kick for the 1,2,3. Afterwards Owen helped Kid to the back as HBK and Razor Ramon stayed in the ring and posed for awhile before heading to the back. Fink then thanked us for coming.

Top 5 Pops

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Bret Hart

3. Undertaker

4. Razor Ramon

5. Sycho Sid

Top 5 Heat

1. Diesel

2. Goldust

3. Owen Hart

4. British Bulldog

5. Crush

user posted image

snapshot of the night

Superstars should be up later :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest meripu1

I too wouldnt mind any of those facing Bret, especially Bulldog.

Nice Raw, i liked all of the interview segments, you can build up feuds really well with them Hewey.

The only negative for me is Mero because i always hated the guy, but, if you push him well then it could be OK.

user posted image

Date: January 28th, 1996

Arena: Bakersfield Memorial Stadium

Attendance: 7,534

Ticket Sales: $301,360

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Jeff Jarrett facing Savio Vega one on one!

Mabel Vs. Bob Holly

This one was a quick squash match. Mabel dominated Holly through out the match using power moves on the former race car driver. Mabel slammed Holly late into the match and headed up onto the second turnbuckle. Mabel attempted a big splash from the second turnbuckle but Holly rolled out of the way and Mabel went crashing to the canvas! Holly fought back hitting the 1995 King Of The Ring with right hands! Holly hit a big clothesline and followed up with a beautiful drop kick to Mabel! But that didn't knock the big man down! Holly backed off onto the ropes and came charging at Mabel but Mabel took Holly down with a bossman slam! Mabel quickly delivered the Big Splash to Holly and covered for the 1,2,3. Afterwards Mabel celebrated his big win to boos from the crowd.

71, 70, 72 *3/4

Yokozuna/Vader video

A video recap is shown over what happened between Yokozuna and Vader on Monday Night Raw. Yokozuna turned on Camp Cornette. Does the big man know what he's done? How will Vader retaliate?

Vader lost overness from this segment.

Yokozuna lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marty Jannetty Vs. The Goon

Jannetty got attacked from The Goon from behind right from the opening bell. Goon stomped and choked away on Jannetty with his usual offense. The Goon tossed Jannetty out to the floor and connected with the Cross Check but Jannetty beat the count and came back into the ring at 7. Jannetty fought back and went wild on The Goon with right hands and delivered a couple drop kicks as well. Jannetty headed up top and connected with a cross body block but The Goon kicked out at 2. Jannetty was able to finish The Goon off with the Rocker Dropper for the 1,2,3. Afterwards Marty Jannetty celebrated his big win.

60, 48, 73 *1/4

Razor Ramon/Goldust video

A video recap is shown over Razor Ramon's challenge to Goldust for this Monday night. Can Razor Ramon put Goldust away once and for all? Or will Goldust get the Intercontinental Championship? You do not want to miss Monday Night Raw this week!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Bodydonnas with Sunny Vs. Godwinns with Hillbilly Jim

The fans were behind Godwinns today while The Bodydonnas got good heat thanks to Sunny. The match started off with Phineous and Henry controlling but thanks to some illegal tactics The Bodydonnas were able to turn the match around and isolate big Phineous. Zip and Skip used their quickness to double team Phineous while Henry and Hillbilly Jim tried to get the fans behind Phineous. It worked too because Phineous was able to take The Bodydonnas out with a double clothesline and make the hot tag to Henry! Henry came into the ring and cleaned house! Henry took out Zip then Skip with clotheslines and right hands. Phineous ended up brawling with Zip out on the floor leaving Henry and Skip in there. Henry dominated Skip and hit the Slop Drop but Sunny got up on the apron distracting the referee! This allowed Zip to come into the ring and DDT Henry! Zip rolled Skip over on top of Henry and scored the 1,2,3. Afterwards Sunny and The Bodydonnas headed to the back to boos from the crowd.

80, 69, 92 ***3/4

Interview with Jeff Jarrett

The cameras take us to the back where Dok Hendrix is shown standing by with "Double J" Jeff Jarrett.

Dok Hendrix- Jeff Jarrett today you prepare to take on Savio Vega in singles action. Last Sunday night though you faced Ahmed Johnson at the Royal Rumble and you could not put him away. Today can you beat Savio Vega?

Jeff Jarrett- Dok Hendrix what kind of moronic question is that? Of course I can beat Savio Vega! Savio Vega is nothing! Savio Vega shouldn't even be in the ring with me! Savio if you thought Al Snow was rough on you then you haven't seen nothing yet! And Ahmed Johnson whenever we get in the ring again I promise you that I will beat you!

Dok Hendrix- Fans stay tuned up next Savio Vega takes on Jeff Jarrett!

Jeff Jarrett gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jeff Jarrett Vs. Savio Vega

Savio didn't waste anytime waiting for Jarrett's strutting as he jumped Jarrett midway through Jarrett's strut! Savio pounded down on Jarrett in the corner with right hands and stomps. Savio then threw Jarrett right over the top rope all the way out to the floor! Savio went outside after Jarrett and brawled with Double J. Savio though ended up getting sent to the steel ring steps! Back inside the ring Jarrett dominated Vega and worked over Vega's legs. Jarrett attempted the Figure Four Leglock several times but Vega always fought out of it with a reversal for a quick near fall. Savio eventually fought back and nailed Jarrett several times with right hands and a couple clotheslines. Savio even delivered the Spinning Heel Kick to Jarrett but Jarrett kicked out somehow! Savio lifted Jarrett up and went for a suplex but Jarrett countered into a jaw breaker! Jarrett then delivered a huge DDT to Vega! Jarrett hooked the legs and scored the 1,2,3. Superstars went off the air with Jeff Jarrett celebrating his victory.

76, 72, 80 **1\2

Overall Rating- 75

TV Rating- 3.00

Competition

WCW Souled Out

Pay Per View Buyrate- 1.33

Attendance- 14,350

Ticket Sales- $861,000

Pay Per View Revenue- $3,325,000

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values."- Sophie

"Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

user posted image

Date: January 29th, 1996

Arena: America West Arena

Tonight Monday Night Raw comes to you live from Phoenix, Arizona. And what a big main event we have for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Goldust challenges Razor Ramon for the title! Can Goldust win the title or will Razor Ramon retain the title? Who will come out of this one as the new champion?

Last week Sycho Sid made the huge challenge to Bret Hart. We'll hear from the champion tonight. What does Bret Hart have to say about Sid's big challenge? Will Sycho Sid show up?

We'll also hear from Shawn Michaels. What does HBK have to say about his match against Owen Hart at In Your House "No Escape"?

Matches for Monday Night

Owen Hart Vs. Hakushi

Crush Vs. Yokozuna

Diesel Vs. Mabel

Tatanka and Kama Vs. Godwinns

And Razor Ramon defends the Intercontinental Championship against Goldust!

Plus we'll hear from HBK, Bret Hart, The Corporation and president Gorilla Monsoon!

user posted image

Date: January 29th, 1996

Arena: America West Arena

Attendance: 7,537

Ticket Sales: $301,480

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's big main event of Goldust taking on Razor Ramon for the WWF Intercontinental Championship!

Owen Hart with James E. Cornette Vs. Hakushi

Owen Hart and Hakushi put on a great wrestling match. It started off with both men trying to out wrestle each other with Hakushi getting the best of Owen Hart and dumping Owen out to the floor! Hakushi followed up with a huge plancha to the former King Of The Ring out on the floor! Hakushi tossed Owen back inside the ring and hit a springboard legdrop for 2. Hakushi though ended up taking a spinning heel kick from Owen Hart which lead to Owen Hart controlling the rest of the match. Owen pounded away on Hakushi and worked over Hakushi's legs. Owen Hart would distract the referee at times which allowed Cornette to nail Hakushi with the racket. Hart then worked over Hakushi's leg and back trying to soft it up for his Sharpshooter. Owen seemed to have Hakushi down after a big back breaker but Hart decided to go up top. Hart attempted a elbow drop but Hakushi moved out of the way! This allowed Hakushi to make a quick come back and he got a couple near falls over Owen. Hakushi slammed Owen Hart down and headed up top, Hakushi came off the top attempting the Senton Bomb but Owen Hart rolled out of the way and Hakushi went crashing into the canvas! Hakushi got up to his feet and walked right into Owen's enziguri kick! Owen Hart then locked Hakushi into the Sharpshooter! Hakushi quickly tapped out! Owen Hart then released the hold as Cornette came into the ring yelling that Shawn Michaels would suffer the same fate pretty soon! Owen Hart posed for a bit as the fans booed.

84, 73, 95 ****

Jim Ross and Vince McMahon put the enziguri kick over as a real dangerous maneuver saying that it almost ended the career of Shawn Michaels. Vince and JR said that at In Your House "No Escape" those two would go at it one on one. Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with Vince hyping a interview with The Corporation coming up next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

A new member of The Corporation!

The music of The Corporation hits the arena when Monday Night Raw returns from the break to boos from the crowd. Ted DiBiase leads Steve Austin, Al Snow, Tatanka, 1-2-3 Kid and Kama to the ring. Ted DiBiase is handed a microphone as the fans continue to boo him.

Ted DiBiase- Shut your mouths! The Corporation has a very special announcement to make tonight. First of all there have been changes made in The Corporation. Two men have decided that enough is enough and it's time for a change! A name change that is! The man known was 1-2-3 Kid has decided that name is a joke! He won't go by it anymore! His name is Sean Waltman and he's going to show everyone just how serious he can be! He's one of the best WWF superstars but has never been rewarded because that stupid name! Sean Waltman will shine in 1996 mark my words! And then there's Tatanka. He's not an Indian anymore! He's Chris Chavis! He owns three Indian casinos in Vegas and lets say with help from Ted DiBiase he's making alot of money! Ha ha ha! So look at The Corporation now. We got Al Snow, Steve Austin, Chris Chavis, Sean Waltman, Kama and myself. But we need something. We need a little more to help us really stand out! Thanks to a little negotiating I got us a new member! Ladies and gentlemen the newest member of The Corporation... Let me introduce you to Crush!

The fans boo as Crush's music hits the arena. Crush makes his way down to the ring as The Corporation clap. Crush shakes hands with DiBiase who hands him the microphone.

Crush- You fans better shut up before I go out there and beat down each and everyone of you people! Now then I'm sure you're wondering why? Why would Crush join The Corporation? It's simple. Ted DiBiase was one of the men who helped me get out of jail! He hired a big lawyer which found me not guilty for my crime! So I owe Ted DiBiase big time. And what better way than to join the next group of big stars in the WWF? Now I have also been asked why I attacked Ahmed Johnson last week. Johnson let me make myself clear to you. I don't like you. You're considered one of the bright stars in the WWF. Well Johnson when you get into the ring with me your star won't shine anymore! I will take you out Ahmed Johnson! I promise that I will be the one who ends your career!

The crowd boos as Crush hands the microphone back over to Ted DiBiase.

Ted DiBiase- That's what I like to hear! So lets take a look at this group of superstars. We got Steve Austin one of the best technical wrestlers and brawlers in all the world today. We got Al Snow another great technical wrestler who can also fly, We got Sean Waltman the best high flier in the world today. We got Chris Chavis who owns three Indian casinos! And he's making alot of money! We got Kama who's the supreme fighting machine! And we got the most dangerous man in the world Crush! Six men who will go to the top of the WWF with my help! Ted DiBiase will lead these six men to gold I promise! And tonight we're going to start because Crush will destroy Yokozuna and Chavis and Kama will destroy Godwinns! Ha ha ha!

The Corporation's music hits to boos as the seven men raise their arms high in the air. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Vince and JR hyping the Crush and Yokozuna match coming up next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Yokozuna Vs. Crush with Ted DiBiase

Monday Night Raw came back from the break with Yokozuna and Crush going at it trading blows. Yokozuna got the best of Crush and knocked the dangerous convict down! Yokozuna pounded away on Crush in the corner but DiBiase got up on the apron and distracted the referee which allowed Crush to low blow Yokozuna! Crush then hit Yokozuna with right hands in the corner and followed up by stomping on the former two time WWF Champion. Crush tried to keep the big man down but Yokozuna fought back and hit Crush with big chops and right hands that knocked Crush off of his feet! Yokozuna lifted Crush up and hit a big belly to belly suplex! But then Vader came running down from the back! Vader got into the ring and clotheslined Yokozuna down causing a disqualification! Vader and Crush then stomped away on Yokozuna! But Ahmed Johnson came running down from the back with a steel chair in hand! Crush and Vader quickly fled the ring as Johnson stood in the ring with the chair in hand! Johnson told Crush "You're going down!" Yokozuna then got up to his feet and he and Johnson had a stare down as DiBiase, Vader and Crush headed to the back.

74, 77, 70 *3/4

Yokozuna debuted his new gimmick (Old School Face), it got a negative response.

Vince and JR said that it looks like Johnson wants a piece of Crush as well. Vince questioned whether or not we'd see Crush fight Johnson anytime soon. Vince and JR then mentioned that earlier today Hunter Hearst Helmsley was out looking for a tag team partner. And they said he found the perfect partner for him.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley wants a tag team partner?

A "earlier today" video airs. It shows Marc Mero in his locker room doing a few sit ups and then push ups. The door opens as Hunter Hearst Helmsley steps into the locker room. Mero gets up to his feet and sees Helmsley.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- We haven't been formerly introduced yet but let me introduce myself. Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Helmsley offers a handshake to Mero and Mero accepts and shakes Helmsley's hand.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Marc last week I saw your win over British Bulldog. Very impressive. Not alot of men can say that they've beaten Bulldog. I was really impressed by your skills.

Marc Mero- Thanks Helmsley, It was a tough match but in the end the better man won.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Yeah it he did. Marc I'm here to offer you something no one in the WWF has had the guts to do. I'm here to offer you the perfect tag team partner. Now I know you seem like a loner but Marc you have to know that in the WWF it's all who's got someone watching their back. That's the way the WWF works. I couldn't help but thing last week when I saw you beat Bulldog that you need someone watching your back. And who better than Hunter Hearst Helmsley? Marc Mero these fans don't appreciate you. They don't appreciate me either. I'm one of the best young stars in the company and these stupid fans don't appreciate and recognize that. But Marc if you and I were to form a team think about how far we'd go.

Marc Mero- I don't know man. I mean I'd like to be a singles superstar you know?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I too want to become a huge star. But Marc look at the top guys in the WWF. Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Diesel you know what they have in common?

Marc Mero- No what?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- They were all tag wrestlers before they became a success. Bret Hart was a former tag team champion before winning the Intercontinental and WWF Championship. Shawn Michaels was a in a tag team before becoming the most popular wrestler in the world today. And look at Diesel. He won all three titles in the company in a year because he had a partner watching his back. Marc I know the way the WWF works. You need someone watching your back. You think you'll be able to beat the big sharks by yourself? Come on Mero. Think about it for a minute. I have got huge influences like you'll never know. And I can take you to the top of the WWF.

Marc Mero- Now that I think about it you're right. You got yourself a deal. If you can make us into a big tag team then I'll stick with you.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Excellent now lets talk about our future.

The video fades and we're taken back over to the announce position.

Marc Mero gained overness from this segment.

Jim Ross and Vince McMahon didn't think Helmsley was doing this for Mero. They suggested that Helmsley always has his best interest in mind and that Marc Mero shouldn't trust the blue blood snob. Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with Vince hyping the big Diesel versus Mabel match coming up next.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Diesel Vs. Mabel

If you remember SummerSlam '95 then you should know that Diesel and Mabel main evented that very Pay Per View. This one started off with Diesel slugging Mabel but the big man wouldn't go down. Diesel then hit two clotheslines to Mabel but again Mabel would not go down. Diesel then hit a flying clothesline and Mabel finally went off of his feet! Diesel hammered away on Mabel in the corner but Mabel was able to rake Diesel in the eyes and connect with a belly to belly suplex! Mabel then hit a big legdrop to Diesel! Mabel worked over Diesel's back and worked Diesel into a bearhug! Diesel though out of of it but ended up getting avalanched by Mabel in the corner. Mabel followed up by slamming Diesel down and hitting the Big Splash for a 2 count. Mabel continued controlling Diesel until Diesel was able to fight back and drill Mabel with the big boot! Diesel then fought back and connected with a couple of clotheslines and right hands to Mabel. Diesel tried to Jackknife Mabel but he couldn't lift the five hundred pounder up! Mabel then connected with a bossman slamming putting Diesel down. Mabel climbed the second turnbuckle and attempted a big splash but Diesel rolled out of the way! Mabel then got up to his feet and Diesel drilled Mabel with another big boot! This time Diesel covered and scored the 1,2,3! Afterwards Mabel headed to the back as Diesel celebrated. Undertaker's music then hit the arena to a huge ovation from the fans! Diesel stood in the ring as the lights went out! When the lights came back on Undertaker was shown standing behind Diesel! Diesel turned around and Undertaker nailed Diesel with right hands! Both men slugged it out and Undertaker sent Diesel out to the floor with a clothesline! Diesel was about to get back inside the ring but he got up off the apron! Diesel then told Undertaker that he'd wait for a match! The crowd booed as Diesel headed to the back and Undertaker stood in the ring.

82, 85, 76 **1\2

The announcers couldn't believe that Diesel backed down from Undertaker. They said that they have never seen that before! They questioned whether Diesel was afraid of Undertaker. Vince then said that up next he'd interview Bret "The Hitman" Hart as Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Is "The Hitman" ready for Sycho Sid?

Vince McMahon is standing in the ring holding a microphone when Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break.

Vince McMahon- Ladies and gentlemen at this time allow me to introduce to you the man who is currently the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Ladies and gentlemen it's my pleasure to introduce to you Bret "The Hitman" Hart!

Bret Hart's music hits the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd as Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring wearing street clotheslines carrying the World Wrestling Federation Championship over his shoulder. Hart gets inside the ring and poses as pyro goes off. Hart then shakes hands with Vince as the crowd starts a "Hitman" chant.

Vince McMahon- Thank you for joining us tonight Bret. Now Bret Hart it seems that everyone wants a piece of you here in the World Wrestling Federation. You got Diesel the former WWF Champion wanting a title shot against you. Undertaker wants a rematch for the title. And then the returning Sycho Sid wants the belt as well. Bret Hart what are your thoughts on these three huge men who all want your title?

Bret Hart- Vince you know I'm a fighting champion. No one has made the sacrifices I have to be the WWF Champion. I have defended the title day in and day out. I've fought Diesel, Undertaker and many other men time and time again. I've beaten them all and proved to them why I am the WWF Champion. Undertaker wants a shot he's got one. Diesel wants a shot he's got one too. If Sid wants a title shot he's got one too! I don't fear those three men. I don't fear anyone.

Vince McMahon- Bret Hart tonight President Gorilla Monsoon will make an announcement regarding the number one contender for the title. Who do you think will meet you at In Your House "No Escape" for the title? Undertaker? Diesel? Or Sycho Sid?

Bret Hart- That's up to President Monsoon. I'm sure he'll make the right decision. I just want to go out there and defend my title. I just want to prove to everyone that I am the best WWF Champion there's ever been. Whether it's Diesel or Undertaker in there I don't care. If I face Sid then I don't care either. All I know is whoever gets inside the ring with me will not be walking away with my title.

Vince McMahon- Well it could happen. We don't know.....

Vince is interrupted by Sycho Sid's music to a huge ovation from the crowd! Sycho Sid makes his way down to the ring as Vince McMahon and Bret Hart look on.

Vince McMahon- Sycho Sid what are you doing out here?

Sycho Sid- Sid starts yelling Vince McMahon! Why am I out here? It seems to me that Bret Hart is awfully cocky! It seems to me that "The Hitman" thinks he'll be able to beat me! I know that Gorilla Monsoon is thinking about naming the number one contender. But Sid starts whispering Gorilla Monsoon knows what the fans want.... They want Sid versus Bret Hart for the WWF Championship. Sid starts yelling They want Sid as the WWF Champion! They want to see me Powerbomb Bret Hart in the center of the ring and they want to see me hold that title high in the air! Sid starts whispering Bret Hart you have been a worthy champion but it's now time for someone else to hold the gold. And Bret Hart that man will be me! If we do go at it I will prove to you why they call me the master and the ruler of the world.....

Bret Hart- Hey if you want a shot I'll give you one! You think you're going to be able to beat me Sid? Sid I've beaten you before and I will do it again. The fact of the matter is you and everyone in the World Wrestling Federation know that I'm the best there is, The best there was and the best that there ever will be!

Bret Hart and Sycho Sid stare each other down as the crowd goes wild waiting for them to go at it. But Sid just pats the title on Hart's shoulder. Sid then heads to the outside leaving the ring as Bret Hart stays in the ring. Both men stare each other down as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chris Chavis and Kama with Ted DiBiase Vs. Godwinns with Hillybilly Jim

Chavis has a new wrestling attire which is basically black trunks with the dollar sign in the back of it. This one was pretty much a squash match with The Corporation dominating Godwinns. Kama and Chavis isolated Henry and kept him away from Phineous and Hillbilly Jim who tried to get the crowd behind big Henry. Chavis and Kama worked over Henry until Henry was able to clothesline them both and tag out to Phineous. Phineous came into the ring and cleaned house! Phineous knocked down Chavis and then Kama with right hands! Phineous and Henry then double clotheslined Kama out to the floor! Henry went out to the floor after Kama leaving Chavis and Phineous alone in the ring. Phineous beat down on Chavis and tried the Slop Drop but Chavis countered out of it and delivered a neck breaker to Phineous called the "Big Bucks"! Chavis covered and got the 1,2,3. Afterwards Kama, Chavis and DiBiase headed to the back as Hillbilly Jim and Henry checked on Phineous.

66, 52, 81 **1/4

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

The announcers said that it looks like Chavis and Kama are determined to make 1996 their year. Vince said that The Corporation could all have gold by the end of the year. Vince said that up next we'd hear from Shawn Michaels!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Shawn Michaels

Monday Night Raw returns from the break and we're taken backstage where Todd Pettengill is shown standing by with the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels.

Todd Pettengill- Shawn Michaels last Monday night Owen Hart laid down the challenge for In Your House "No Escape" to face you one on one. Owen Hart is the man who put you out with a devastating enziguri kick to the back of your head. Shawn Michaels at In Your House "No Escape" it's your chance to get revenge on Owen Hart. The question is will you be able to do it? Can you beat Owen Hart at In Your House "No Escape"?

Shawn Michaels- Todd Pettengill can I beat Owen Hart? Of course I can. I've beaten Owen before and I don't think he'll beat me at In Your House. He won't be beating HBK at In Your House. Owen Hart when we get inside that ring everyone will know who the better man is. HBK is back at 100%! My condition won't be a factor at In Your House. Owen Hart you might have knocked me out once but believe me it won't happen again. I came back stronger and better than ever. Owen I won the Royal Rumble and I will beat you on the road to Wrestlemania XII. I will go to In Your House with revenge on my mind. I'm gonna tune up the band and drive my foot right down your throat with Sweet Chin Music! Owen Hart you better be ready because the "Kliq" will be coming after you and when the "Kliq" finds you you're going to go down!

Todd Pettengill- Fans you heard it from Shawn Michaels himself! Will he get revenge on Owen Hart at In Your House "No Escape"? You'll have to order the Pay Per View and find out! But fans stay tuned because up next Razor Ramon defends the Intercontinental Championship against Goldust!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Waltman strikes!

When Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break we're shown Razor Ramon leaving his locker room. He puts his vest on and we see the Intercontinental Championship around his waist. Razor Ramon starts walking down the hallway but then Sean Waltman comes out of nowhere and nails Razor Ramon in the back with a steel chair putting Razor down on the floor! Waltman grabs the chair and nails Razor over the back with it! Waltman then uses the chair to nail Razor over and over again! Waltman throws the chair down and stomps down on Razor as officials finally make their way to the scene.

Sean Waltman- I'm not a Kid anymore! You gotta respect me! Razor you don't take me seriously and neither do these fans! Well I hope I sent you my message loud and clear! I'm not your little sidekick anymore! I'm Sean Waltman! And Razor Ramon I'm gonna end your career! You will take me seriously after this!

Waltman leaves as the officials and road agents check on Razor Ramon. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with the announcers wondering whether or not Razor can put the title on the line against Goldust.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Goldust with Marlena Vs. Razor Ramon©

We return from the commercial break with Goldust and a young woman in the ring. The announcers said that she's Goldust's director Marlena and that she'd be acting as Goldust's manager. The referee was conversing with Goldust about Ramon's condition as we were taken to the back again where we see Razor Ramon refusing to go the hospital! Razor slowly got up and took his title! Razor then headed to the ring with the officials trying to restrain him! Razor got inside the ring and Goldust attacked him! Goldust dominated Razor through out the match and it showed that Razor was hurt by Waltman's attack earlier in the evening. Goldust worked over Razor's injured back pounding away on it. Razor tried a come back but Goldust nailed him in the back again. Goldust was able to connect with the Curtain Call but he didn't cover! Instead Goldust took the Intercontinental Championship and held it high in the air to boos from the crowd. When Goldust turned around Razor drilled him with a DDT! But Razor couldn't make the cover! When Razor did get up to his feet he nailed Goldust with big right hands! Razor tried Razor's Edge but his back was too hurt and Goldust countered into a inside cradle to score the 1,2,3 and become the new Intercontinental Champion! The crowd booed as Goldust and Marlena celebrated Goldust's big win. Goldust took the title and headed to the outside as the referee checked on Razor Ramon.

92, 93, 92 ****1\4

The WWF Intercontinental title has gained in image.

The announcers couldn't believe what just happened. Jim Ross said that knowing Razor Ramon he'd have revenge on his mind after Sean Waltman screwed him out of the title tonight. We went to a commercial break with the announcers hyping a special interview with President Gorilla Monsoon.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Gorilla Monsoon makes the main event for In Your House "No Escape"

Monday Night Raw returns from the break and we're taken to the office of President Gorilla Monsoon. We see Gorilla Monsoon standing by at his desk looking like he has a big announcement to make.

Gorilla Monsoon- Hello to all of the World Wrestling Federation fans. Now the big topic at hand is who will get a WWF Championship match at In Your House "No Escape". There's three men all wanting the title shot. There's Diesel, Undertaker and Sycho Sid. All three men are worthy of being the number one contender. But only one man can get a title shot. I decided that since Diesel interfered in the main event at the Royal Rumble that he should not get the title shot. In fact Diesel won't be competing at the Pay Per View at all as punishment. Diesel you don't make the rules around here I do. And until you learn how to play by my rules you'll just have to wait. Diesel you can be at the Pay Per View but not in a match. Undertaker is another man who shouldn't get the shot. I told Undertaker earlier tonight not to go out there and fight Diesel but he didn't listen. Undertaker you also don't get to do what you want. You and Diesel can fight at a later date but right now I feel you're too out of control to be put in the main event. So Sycho Sid is left. Sid will get the title shot at the upcoming Pay Per View. So it's now set for In Your House "No Escape" Sid versus Bret Hart for the title. But to make sure the fans get the best match possible and to make sure no one interferes it will be a cage match! But what about Diesel and Undertaker? Surely they deserve a shot at the gold as well even though they haven't been playing by the rules. Diesel is the former champion and he has yet to receive a title shot and Undertaker had the title won until Diesel stuck his nose where it didn't belong. Well I'll meet with both men myself and we'll talk about their shots at a later date. I feel that I've made the best decision regarding the main event and I hope it delivers to the WWF fans. Thank you and have a good night.

Monday Night Raw goes off the air with a graphic hyping the big cage match between Sid and Bret Hart.

Overall Rating- 78

TV Rating- 6.83

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 5.85

Attendance- 6,002

Ticket Sales- $240,080

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.99

Attendance- 6,033

Ticket Sales- $241,320

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.33

Attendance- 435

Ticket Sales- $8,700

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

"Chris Chavis and Kama blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Razor Ramon

Guest MaxMini

Good show I like the idea of a Mero and Triple H tag team with a feud afterwards. You sure fooled me by not making a fatal four way. I hope that Bret retains.

Guest meripu1

Good stuff with Bret and Sid again. You just know he is retaining the title though.

I dont mind Mero teaming up with HHH as long as it is Hunter that goes over when they split, which i would expect you to do anyway.

Oh, and i really liked the Waltman change, i didnt expect that.

Edited by meripu1