World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

WWF Monday Night Raw arena notes.

Hi this is Dave and I attended Monday Night Raw live from Phoenix, Arizona. We started the night off with Howard Finkel coming down to the ring and telling us the rules and he told us that after the show there'd be more matches. All in all Monday Night Raw was a great show. Bret Hart got the biggest ovation of the night while Goldust got the biggest heat.

Dark Matches

1. Jim Neidhart defeated The Goon at 2:12 with a Hart Attack. Neidhart got a big pop for his return tonight. No one expected Neidhart to return to the WWF. This one was short with Neidhart tossing The Goon around the ring. Neidhart won with the Hart Attack.

2. Fatu defeated Jacques Rougeau at 4:53 by DQ. Jacques was another surprise but he quickly got booed. The interesting thing is he came out with the cattleprod. This one was back and fourth until Jacques used the cattleprod on Fatu for the DQ. Fatu though fought back and ended up throwing Jacques out to the floor. Fatu posed to cheers.

3. Steve Austin defeated Marty Jannetty at 3:16 with the Stone Cold Stunner. A good back and fourth match with Austin winning with his Stone Cold Stuner.

4. Bob Holly defeated Isaac Yankem DDS at 4:55 with the Racer Slam. Good ovation for Holly tonight. Holly won after hitting the big Racer Slam for the 1,2,3.

Dark Matches after Monday Night Raw went off the air.

1. Undertaker defeated Sean Waltman at 5:21 with the Tombstone. Waltman got mad heat here. Waltman came down to the ring and challenged anyone to a fight. Undertaker accepted! This one was mostly Undertaker beating the hell out of Waltman. Undertaker won after Choke Slamming Waltman and then delivering the Tombstone for the 1,2,3.

2. Sycho Sid defeated Jerry Lawler at 2:12 with the Powerbomb. Lawler bad mouthed our town and challenged anyone to a match. Sid came down and they fought. Sid dominated this one and finished Lawler off with a huge Powerbomb. Afterwards Sycho Sid celebrated and did the "I want the title" pose.

3. Shawn Michaels defeated British Bulldog at 6:12 with Sweet Chin Music. Bulldog got huge heat while Michaels got a huge ovation from the fans. This one was pretty good with Bulldog dominating Michaels. Michaels eventually made the come back and Owen Hart ran down to try and interfere. It backfired and Michaels ended up hitting Bulldog with Sweet Chin Music for the 1,2,3. Afterwards Owen tried to attack Michaels but ended up taking a Sweet Chin Music as well. Bulldog helped Owen to the back and posed for a bit before heading to the back.

We were then thanked for coming out to see the WWF. In all all it was a great show by the World Wrestling Federation.

Top 5 Face Pops

1. Bret Hart

2. Sycho Sid

3. Shawn Michaels

4. Undertaker

5. Razor Ramon

Top 5 Heel Heat

1. Goldust

2. Owen Hart

3. British Bulldog

4. Sean Waltman

5. Crush

user posted image

snapshot of the night

a big news report should be the next update and it should be up later.

February, 1996

WWF wrestlers renew deals for two more years

Steve Austin, Justin Hawk Bradshaw and Brian Christopher have all renewed their contracts for two more years. Christopher and Bradshaw are still in USWA while Austin debuted just last month. All three men are young and talented and will no doubt be a big part in the WWF's future and new generation. Right now there are no plans to call Christopher and Bradshaw up from USWA but they will most likely debut this year or early next year. Meanwhile Steve Austin is set to get a push in the upcoming weeks. Austin will be a big factor in The Corporation according to the WWF. The WWF has high hopes for all three of these men.

WWF signs new talent for USWA

user posted image

The WWF has recently signed a couple new names for it's development camp. Jacques Rougeau and Jim Neidhart are two of those newly signed talent. The WWF also signed a few more names. Here's a current list of the USWA stars.

1. Adam Copeland

2. Albert

3. Alex Porteau

4. Andrew Martin

5. Barry Windham

6. Brian Christopher

7. Brian Lee

8. Brooklyn Brawler sent down from active roster

9. Bull Buchanan

10. Chris Kanyon New talent

11. Christian Cage

12. Chyna

13. Clarence Mason

14. Dawn Marie

15. D'lo Brown

16. Don Harris

17. Doug Furnas

18. Duane Gill

19. Ekmo New talent

20. Erin O'Grady

21. Flash Funk

22. Gangrel

23. Jacques Rougeau New talent

24. JC Ice

25. Jeff Hardy

26. Jesse James

27. Joe E. Legend

28. Johnny Swinger

29. Justin Hawk Bradshaw

30. Kimo New talent

31. K-Krush New talent

32. Mark Henry

33. Matt Hardy

34. Mr. Fuji sent down from active roster

35. Oscar New talent

36. Phillip LaFon

37. Rick Martel New talent

38. Rocky Maivia

39. Ron Harris

40. Salvatore Sincere

41. Scott Borders

42. Scott Putski

43. Scott Taylor

44. Steve Blackman

45. Tiger Ali Singh

46. Wolfie D

There are also three major stars that have signed deals with the WWF. They are currently in USWA as well. Mosh, Thrasher and Shawn Stasiak though have been called up from development and they should debut on Superstars shortly. No pushes are expected for these three men yet. Jim Neidhart is set to debut too and get a small push/feud.

Wrestlers birthdays

The following birthdays occured this month: Shane McMahon (26), Bob Holly (29), Chris Kanyon (26), Brian Christopher (24), K-Krush (24), Duane Gill (28), Jacques Rougeau (36), Ted DiBiase (42), Jim Neidhart (36), Clarence Mason (31)

We wish them all a happy birthday.

WWF makes money in January

January was a good month for the WWF. Coming off a bad year in 1995 we saw the World Wrestling Federation make money in the first month of the new year. Here's what the WWF made in January.

Ticket Sales: 6,928,080

Pay Per View Revenue: 3,550,000

Sponsorship Money: 6,720,000

Merchandise Sales: 2,400,000

Total Income- 19,598,080

This is a big turn around from what the WWF made last year. Ticket sales went up big time. The Royal Rumble did very well as well as our merchandise. Our sponsors are very happy with the way the WWF is doing right now. The WWF hopes to make as much money this month.

Also the WWF beat WCW in the buyrates for their Pay Per View events. Royal Rumble got a buyrate of 1.42 which featured the main event of Bret Hart versus Undertaker. Meanwhile WCW's Souled Out got a buyrate of 1.33 which featured a tag team main event of Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage facing Ric Flair and The Giant. The WWF is the number one promotion in wrestling right now while WCW is number two.

Zero-One announces this year's roster of touring workers.

user posted image

*The following names are going to tour with Zero-One this year.*

Goldberg

Ken Shamrock

Kurt Angle

Rhino Richards

Rob Van Dam

Taz

The Sandman

Yoshiro Tajiri

The Sandman and Taz are both working for Extreme Championship Wrestling and League Against The McMahon Family right now.

A look at League Against The McMahon Family

user posted image

A new wrestling federation has come out. A company that hates the McMahon family. They call themselves the League Against The McMahon Family. This cult level company runs in America. They have gotten a few of the ECW stars to work their shows as well. This will be very interesting to see. Two cult feds sharing the same talent. Here's what you need to know about this promotion.

League Against The McMahon Family

Size: Cult

Public Image: 57

Risk Level: 53

Top 5 Stars: Tommy Dreamer (73), The Sandman (72), Bam Bam Bigelow (72), Fabulous Moolah (71), Sabu (70)

They quickly hired some of the top workers in the independent circuit. Here's their current roster.

1. Afa

2. Ax

3. Bam Bam Bigelow

4. Blue Nova

5. Bryan Clark

6. Buh Buh Ray Dudley

7. Butch

8. Doug Gilbert

9. Fabulous Moolah

10. Honky Tonk Man

11. Jesus Gonzales

12. Kurrgan

13. Luke

14. Mike Awesome

15. Mikey Whipwreck

16. New Jack

17. Raymond Rougeau

18. Rhino Richards

19. Ricky Morton

20. Robert Gibson

21. Sabu

22. Samu

23. Smash

24. Stan Lane

25. Super Crazy

26. Taka Michinoku

27. Tank Abbott

28. Taz

29. Terry Funk

30. The Sandman

31. Tommy Dreamer

32. Tony Atlas

33. Trish Stratus

They will be running house shows this weekend. As you can tell most of these workers have been in the WWF before.

WWF sends tape out to UPN network

The WWF has been denied for a third TV show on the USA Network. The USA Network is very happy with the ratings the WWF shows has been getting. But they decided not to go with a third WWF show instead they'll be going with a new cop show. The WWF though has sent out a tape for UPN. Can the WWF get a third TV show? Only time will tell. The UPN network has a good viewing audience and with wrestling getting more and more popular each day we could see the WWF on UPN.

user posted image

Date: February 18th, 1996

Arena: The Louisville Gardens

Current Card

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Cage Match

Bret Hart© Vs. Sycho Sid

Shawn Michaels Vs. Owen Hart

Number one contenders match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship

Razor Ramon Vs. Sean Waltman

All though so far it only has three matches it looks like a solid card. The WWF does have a few more matches planned for the event that should be good. This is the final Pay Per View on the road to Wrestlemania XII.

Edited by Baby Hewey

I just want to comment on how good this diary is. I never saw your 1995 one though? Did you finish the full year, or stop after a while?

Anyway, carry on pushing the Corporation, and in their different roles, the 5 that make up the kliq.

1996, the year of Shawn Michaels....I like that. :)

I just want to comment on how good this diary is. I never saw your 1995 one though? Did you finish the full year, or stop after a while?

Anyway, carry on pushing the Corporation, and in their different roles, the 5 that make up the kliq.

1996, the year of Shawn Michaels....I like that.

Yeah 1995 went from January 95 to May 1996. Hmm I don't know if mean to push the Corporation or the Clique itself.... Since there's five Clique members and the Corporation has like seven.... Yeah 1996 was the year of HBK and I also like that :D

I liked the report with all the new signees and other stuff. Hopefully February will be better than January!

Probably will, January is only the first month so I expect February to be alot better.

Anyways Superstars should be up within an hour or two :D

Guest meripu1

Good news report, i especially liked the look at the opposition.

USWA looks really good and i look forward to you using some of the talent that they have there.

user posted image

Date: February 4th, 1996

Arena: Hi Corbett Field

Attendance: 7,503

Ticket Sales: $300,120

Announcers: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Superstars opens up with it's regular video package. We're then taken inside the arena where Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly are standing by. Cole and Kelly hype up today's main event of Shawn Michaels taking on Al Snow.

British Bulldog with James E. Cornette Vs. Barry Horowitz

Short squash match here. Bulldog controlled Horowitz through out this match up. Bulldog used his power over Horowitz keeping the WWF's jobber from gaining the advantage. Bulldog connected with his stalling vertical suplex and his gorilla press slam to Horowitz but somehow Horowitz kicked out. Horowitz tried to fight back but Bulldog ended up pounding away on Horowitz. Bulldog eventually ran right over Horowitz with a stiff clothesline! British Bulldog dragged Horowitz up to his feet and connected with the Running Powerslam! Bulldog hooked the legs for the 1,2,3. Afterwards Cornette came into the ring and told Bulldog to give Horowitz another Running Powerslam! Bulldog dragged Horowitz back up and connected with another Running Powerslam! Cornette then raised Bulldog's arm in the air to boos from the crowd.

68, 63, 74 *3/4

Interview with Yokozuna

We're taken backstage where we see Yokozuna standing by.

Yokozuna- James E. Cornette and Vader. You two have run wild on the WWF for too long! Cornette I sat there and did nothing while you bossed me around! Well I'm done with the both of you! Yokozuna on his own now! And I'm going to be the one who takes out Camp Cornette! Vader I'll start with you and then Owen Hart, British Bulldog until I get to you James E. Cornette. Camp Cornette you guys won't know what hit you!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Marc Mero Vs. Headbangers

Helmsley didn't wrestle at all during this match. Headbangers are making their TV debut here. Mero wrestled all of the match and every time he went to tag Helmsley in, Helmsley would say Mero had things well in hand. This allowed Headbangers to double team Mero through out the match and get several near falls over Mero. Helmsley wouldn't even make the save during the match! Mero somehow took out both Mosh and Thrasher with a pair of clotheslines but Helmsley again told Mero he had things well under control. Mero threw Mosh out to the floor and ended up winning the match with a roll up on Thrasher. Afterwards Helmsley came into the ring and shook Mero's hand. Helmsley said he was very impressed with Mero's win. Mero just looked shocked as Helmsley posed like he had just won the WWF Championship.

78, 64, 93 ***3/4

Video for Owen Hart versus Shawn Michaels

A video is shown hyping the big Owen Hart versus Shawn Michaels match for In Your House "No Escape". It shows footage of both men doing their finishing moves to different opponents. It then shows how Owen Hart knocked Michaels out with the enziguri kick putting Shawn Michaels out of action until the Royal Rumble. It then shows Michaels returning at the Royal Rumble and winning the Rumble match. The video ends with Owen Hart saying that Michaels will be put back on the shelf at In Your House "No Escape".

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jean Pierre Lafitte Vs. Bob Holly

This one was a great match up. Holly and Lafitte started off brawling with Holly getting the best of Lafitte. Holly tossed Lafitte out to the floor where both men brawled. Holly though ended up getting thrown right onto the steel guardrail. They went back inside where Lafitte beat down Holly in the corner and got a couple near falls on the tough Alabaman. Holly though ended up making a come back after drilling Lafitte with a high drop kick. Holly then nailed Lafitte with right hands and got a couple close counts on Lafitte. Holly ended up going for a backdrop but Lafitte clubbed Holly in the back and delivered a big piledriver. Lafitte covered for the easy 1,2,3. Afterwards Lafitte celebrated by posing on the turnbuckle.

74, 60, 89 ***1\4

Jean Pierre Lafitte gained overness from this match.

Interview with Al Snow and Ted DiBiase

We're taken backstage to the interview area where we see Todd Pettengill standing by with Ted DiBiase and Al Snow.

Todd Pettengill- Al Snow today you take on the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels in a one on one match up. Shawn Michaels is one of the top WWF Superstars and a win over HBK would certainly take you to the top of the WWF. Al Snow today can beat Shawn Michaels?

Ted DiBiase- Of course Al Snow can beat Shawn Michaels. I didn't bring Al Snow to the WWF just to see him lose! Al Snow is a met technician and he is a better wrestler than Shawn Michaels could ever dream of being! Today on Superstars we're going to see Al Snow mop the floor up with Shawn Michaels.

Al Snow- Shawn Michaels you might have the fans behind you but I have Ted DiBiase backing me up. Shawn you might think you're in perfect condition but you don't have to wait until Owen Hart gives you another concussion. Today if I have my way with you I'm going to send you right back to the hospital! Shawn Michaels today you will be locked into the Million Dollar Dream and there will be no way out of that!

Todd Pettengill- Fans don't go anywhere because up next Al Snow takes on the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels! Who will win? Find out next!

Al Snow gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Shawn Michaels Vs. Al Snow with Ted DiBiase

This one was another great match. Al Snow and Michaels started off trying to out wrestle each other with Michaels getting the best of Al Snow. Michaels taunted Snow by laying back in the corner. The match continued to go Michaels' way until Al Snow connected with a sit out powerbomb out of nowhere! Snow then stomped away on Michaels and used a couple suplexes on HBK to get several near falls on Michaels. Al Snow went for the Million Dollar Dream several times on Michaels but each time we saw Michaels get out of it. Michaels eventually fought back and hit Snow with the flying forearm shot. Michaels then used a couple high flying offensive maneuvers on Snow to put Snow down. Michaels then came flying off the top with the elbow drop to Snow's heart. Michaels tuned up the band and as Snow got up to his feet Michaels finished Snow off with Sweet Chin Music for the 1,2,3. Superstars went off the air with Shawn Michaels celebrating his big win over Al Snow to cheers from the crowd.

86, 80 92 ****

Overall Rating- 79

TV Rating- 2.81

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 2.92

Attendance- 6,027

Ticket Sales- $241,080

"I think i should be higher up the card."- Barry Horowitz

"Mosh and Thrasher blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"How about booking me against Ron Simmons? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like."- Ahmed Johnson

"Our ratings battle with Worldwide is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. They have more star power than us, and that is affecting our image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values."- Sophie

In other news League Against The McMahon Family has signed Sho Funaki and Beulah McGuillicutty.

Monday Night Raw preview should be up by tonight or tomorrow morning :D

Too many overly good talents in development = bad. Also, I just pray this will be the year Bulldog gets pushed, even though you hate him. Bulldog > 3/4ths of the mainevent scene in WWF.

Same with Vader

Yeah I agree with the development but the thing is most of the people were already in there, That's why I hired some of the shit wrestlers like Oscar, Harris brothers etc.

Don't know where you got the idea that I hate Bulldog, I thought he was all right but overrated at times. I have no problem with Davey Boy :D Besides I don't push the workers I like... Most of the time... :shifty: I'm also hoping to get Vader near the title scene too.

Guest meripu1

In his previous WWF Diary, Davey got a very good push with an excellent feud with Bret Hart and a feud over the WWF title if i remember correctly so he may get a decent push this time around as well.

1996, the year of Shawn Michaels....I like that.

Yeah 1995 went from January 95 to May 1996. Hmm I don't know if mean to push the Corporation or the Clique itself.... Since there's five Clique members and the Corporation has like seven.... Yeah 1996 was the year of HBK and I also like that :D

Nah, what I meant was to push the Corporation as you are doing. And then in their individual places push the Kliq members too. Waltman and Ramon going good places, hope to see Waltman near the top of the card in a few months (game time), and am liking where the Diesel character is going...heel turn on HBK, I wait with baited breath. :) .

Also, do you still have your old WWF 1995 diary cos if its something your not against are you able to send me it, so I can read through it. You will not believe how much I'm liking this diary, the last one has to be as good.

Also, do you still have your old WWF 1995 diary cos if its something your not against are you able to send me it, so I can read through it. You will not believe how much I'm liking this diary, the last one has to be as good.

WWF '95

http://www.geocities.com/undertaker187_2001/

Its down at the bottom. S1 or S2.

Yeah the actual game was saved there for WWF '95 and WCW '97 but I deleted them out of there since I'll most likely release a WWF '95 scenario from my game rather then let people down the saved game itself.

I might go back and save the wwf 95 shows and then later. Oh yeah meripu1 during the Bulldog/Bret feud there was a PPV match between them with the winner getting a title shot at KOTR. Bulldog was suppose to win that match and then beat Diesel at KOTR for the title.... But it ended up being changed to Bret. Bulldog was also suppose to get Owen's title reign in late 95 but I went with Owen instead.

MRN preview should be up later :D

user posted image

Date: February 5th, 1996

Tonight Monday Night Raw comes to you live from San Antonio, Texas. And what a huge main event we have for the fans tonight. Diesel and Shawn Michaels team up to take on British Bulldog and Owen Hart! This is the first time Michaels gets in the ring with Owen Hart since his injury this past November. This is also the first time Michaels and Diesel team up since Diesel's attitude change. What a huge tag team war this one is going to be.

Bret Hart is also scheduled to be in San Antonio tonight. We will hear from Bret Hart about his huge cage match against Sycho Sid at In Your House "No Escape". Sycho Sid is also scheduled to appear tonight. What will this psychotic man have to say?

We'll hear from Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer in a special interview. What does Undertaker have to say about being denied his title shot? What does Undertaker have to say about "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel?

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Jake Roberts and Fatu Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Marc Mero

Sean Waltman Vs. Hakushi

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Jerry Lawler

Marty Jannetty Vs. Steve Austin

Plus the huge main event of Diesel and Shawn Michaels Vs. Owen Hart and British Bulldog! And we'll hear from Goldust and his new manager Marlena! All this and much more live from San Antonio!

Guest meripu1

Well, either way, i saw him as being elevated with his feud with Bret because that was what made me like him so much in your Diary (I liked him in real life anyway).

Looking forward to Raw and hopefully some more matches for the PPV.

user posted image

Date: February 5th, 1996

Arena: Nelson Wolff Stadium

Attendance: 7,525

Ticket Sales: $301,000

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw opens up with it's regular video package and then we're taken inside the arena where pyro shoots off. We're taken to the announce position where Jim Ross and Vince McMahon are standing by. They hype up tonight's main event of Shawn Michaels and Diesel taking on British Bulldog and Owen Hart in a huge tag team match up!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Marc Mero Vs. Fatu and Jake Roberts

Helmsley again spent most of the match in the corner. Mero started off getting thrown around by the bigger Fatu and then Jake came in and went wild on Mero with right hands. Mero though ended up hitting a high drop kick on Roberts and when he went to tag Helmsley in, Helmsley told Mero he's doing a great job and to keep it up! Mero then turned around right into a clothesline from Roberts! Roberts and Fatu continued to beat Mero around and double team "The Wildman". Fatu almost won the match after delivering a huge samoan drop to Mero but Helmsley put Mero's foot on the ropes before Fatu could score the three count. Mero was finally able to tag Helmsley in after taking Jake down with a drop kick and hitting Fatu with a clothesline! Mero tagged Helmsley in and Helmsley did not look too pleased! Helmsley came into the ring and tossed Jake out to the floor. Fatu then got up to his feet and Helmsley planted him with a kick to the gut! Helmsley followed up with the Pedigree! Helmsley hooked Fatu's leg for the 1,2,3! Afterwards Mero looked shocked as Helmsley celebrated again like he just won the WWF Championship. Helmsley then raised Mero's arm in the air and told Mero that he was going to take Mero places.

74, 71, 77 **1/4

The announcers speculated about Hunter Hearst Helmsley's motives for wanting a tag team partner. Vince said that Helmsley and Mero are undefeated in tag team action right now. We went to a commercial break with Vince McMahon saying we'd hear from James E. Cornette up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

James E. Cornette sets up Yokozuna!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with James E. Cornette standing in the ring as the crowd boos. Cornette holds a microphone in his hand and gets ready to speak.

James E. Cornette- All you people shut up! Now I know you must be wondering what I'm doing out here. Well Yokozuna you're the reason why I'm out here. You're an ungrateful piece of trash! I made you into a superstar! And how do you pay me back? You turn on Camp Cornette! Yokozuna I made you into a former two time WWF Champion! And you dare turn on me? What have you done for yourself? I made you into a winner! And Yokozuna without me you'll be a loser! Your career in the WWF will be done! Yokozuna I want you to come out here and face me like a man! I'm so damn mad I want to fight you! All by myself! Come on! I know you're in the back probably eating something but come face me! Come on you coward! Show all these people that you're not some fat coward and face me! Come on are you scared of James E. Cornette? Yokozuna be a man! Just be a man and face me!

Cornette stands in the ring waiting.... Yokozuna's music then hits the arena to a big ovation from the crowd! Yokozuna makes his way down to the ring but wait! Vader attacks Yokozuna from behind with a steel chair! Vader drills Yokozuna in the back again with the steel chair and this time Yokozuna goes down! Vader once again drills Yokozuna in the back with the steel chair! Vader takes the chair and hammers away on Yokozuna! Vader is finally stopped as road agents and officials from the back run down! They grab the chair off of Vader and check on Yokozuna. Vader gets inside the ring with Cornette to boos from the crowd.

James E. Cornette- Yokozuna do you know what time it is? Let me tell you what time it is! It's time! It's time! It's Vader time!

Vader's music hits the arena to boos from the fans as Vader and James E. Cornette pose in the ring. Yokozuna is helped to the back as Cornette taunts the six hundred pounder. Vader poses telling the announcers it's Vader time!

Vader lost overness from this segment.

Vince McMahon mentioned that at In Your House "No Escape" we'll see Yokozuna team up with Jake "The Snake" Roberts to face British Bulldog and Vader! Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with the announcers hyping a special interview with Goldust and Marlena.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Goldust and Marlena

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break and we're taken to the back where we see Goldust and Marlena standing by. Both are sitting in director chairs with Goldust holding the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship.

Marlena- Last week we saw a new era in the WWF begin. We saw a new Intercontinental Champion be crowned. Goldust played his role perfectly last week beating Razor Ramon for the title. Razor Ramon you should have known that Goldust was going to take the title from you. Goldust is the best in the business. And now with me directing him he will hold on to the Intercontinental Championship for a very, very long time.

Goldust- Razor last week you got the very fiber of your being taken away from you. I took your title belt like I take an Oscar. Razor Ramon you wanted to do things the hard way and you paid for it. I took your title and now the only thing left to do is to take you. Razor you know I said we were going to be together and you denied me that. Well I have your title... The only thing left to do is for me to have you. Razor Ramon when you and your friend Sean Waltman are done with each other it'll be time for us to be friends so to speak.

Marlena- Razor Ramon you will see things our way. And then and only then will you never forget the name of....

Goldust- Goldust.....

Marlena gained overness from this segment.

The interview ends and we're taken to the announce position. Vince and JR hype the Razor Ramon versus Sean Waltman match at In Your House "No Escape" with the winner getting a Intercontinental Championship match. Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with Vince and JR hyping the Hakushi versus Sean Waltman match up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sean Waltman with Ted DiBiase Vs. Hakushi

This one was a great match up with both men giving it everything they had. It started off with both men trading near falls which resulted in Waltman getting dumped out to the floor by Hakushi who then followed up with a huge dive over the top rope to Waltman all the way out to the floor! But Ted DiBiase would distract Hakushi long enough out on the floor which allowed Waltman to throw Hakushi into the guardrail! It was Waltman's turn to fly next as he went back inside the ring and came back out to the floor with a corkscrew plancha to Hakushi! Waltman put Hakushi back inside the ring and beat him down showing a new aggressive side. Waltman got a couple close falls on Hakushi but he couldn't put the Japanese sensation away. Waltman eventually hit Hakushi with a big spinning back heel kick and headed up top. Waltman went for a senton bomb but Hakushi rolled out of the way and Waltman went crashing to the canvas! Hakushi fought back and also got a couple near falls over Waltman. Hakushi came flying off the top with a shoulder block to Waltman but somehow Waltman managed to kick out at 2! Hakushi had Waltman down after delivering a devastating release german suplex! Hakushi headed up top and attempted the senton bomb but Waltman rolled out of the way! Waltman slowly headed up top as Hakushi crawled up to his feet.... Waltman came flying off the top with the Lightning Kick to Hakushi! Waltman hooked the legs and scored the 1,2,3! After the match ended, Waltman and DiBiase celebrated to boos from the crowd! The crowd then cheered as Razor Ramon came running down from the back with a steel chair in hand! Razor came into the ring and drilled Waltman with a huge chair shot right over the head! Razor then went for DiBiase but DiBiase rolled to the outside. Razor Ramon stood in the ring with a steel chair in hand standing right over Sean Waltman as the fans went wild!

85, 70, 100 ****1\2

Vince and JR hyped the big Razor Ramon versus Sean Waltman showdown at In Your House "No Escape". Vince mentioned that also at In Your House "No Escape" we'd see a six men tag team match featuring Ahmed Johnson teaming up with Godwinns to take on Al Snow, Steve Austin and Crush of The Corporation! We we're then told that Dok Hendrix is standing by backstage with Ahmed Johnson!

Interview with Ahmed Johnson

We're taken to the interview area backstage where we see Dok Hendrix standing by with Ahmed Johnson.

Dok Hendrix- Ahmed Johnson tonight you prepare to take on Jerry "The King" Lawler in a one on one match up. But as of late you have been having problems with Crush. What is the deal between you and Crush?

Ahmed Johnson- Dok Hendrix I don't know what Crush is on. Crush came down to the ring and attacked me two weeks ago! He think I won't be getting revenge? Well he's wrong! Crush you started this game and now Ahmed Johnson is gonna end it! I just wish I could get my hands on you before the Pay Per View! Crush if you come down to the ring during my match tonight I will beat you down like the dog you are!

Dok Hendrix- Well Ahmed Johnson what do you have to say about your big tag team match with Godwinns at In Your House against Al Snow, Steve Austin and Crush of The Corporation?

Ahmed Johnson- Me and the Godwinns in there we're gonna make some noise and whoop some ass Dok Hendrix! That six men tag match will see the end of Ted DiBiase's Corporation once and for all!

Dok Hendrix- Fans don't go away because up next Ahmed Johnson is in action!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Jerry Lawler

Lawler didn't even get any shots in as Johnson started off red hot taking Lawler down with a huge right hand! Johnson then ran right over Lawler with three clotheslines one right after the other! Johnson tossed Lawler around the ring and rammed Lawler's head onto the turnbuckle ten times with the crowd counting along! Johnson then sent Lawler for the ride and caught Lawler with a huge spinebuster! Johnson called for the Pearl River Plunge! But before he could take Lawler out Crush came running down from the back! Crush got into the ring and nailed Johnson from behind causing a disqualification giving Ahmed Johnson the win! Crush took Johnson down to the canvas with a stiff clothesline! Crush then put the boots to Ahmed Johnson! Crush dragged Ahmed Johnson up and delivered the Heart Punch! Ahmed Johnson was left down on the canvas hurt as the fans booed. Crush told Johnson that he's going to end Johnson's career but not tonight! Crush left the ring as the official checked on Ahmed Johnson who looked to be out of it!

74, 75, 72 **

Vince McMahon and Jim Ross talked about how dangerous the heart punch is and that Ahmed Johnson could end up in the emergency room because of it! Vince hyped a big interview coming up where both Bret Hart and Sycho Sid would be present!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid and Bret Hart go at it!

Monday Night Raw returns from the break with Jim Ross standing in the ring holding a microphone.

Jim Ross- Ladies and gentlemen we are just a few weeks away from In Your House "No Escape". And on that night we will see a battle like no other for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. On that night Bret Hart defends the title against Sycho Sid in a steel cage match up. Ladies and gentlemen tonight I will interview both the champion and the challenger at the same time. So without further ado ladies and gentlemen the challenger Sycho Sid!

"Psycho dance" hits the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Sycho Sid steps out through the curtain and makes his way down to the ring slapping fists with the fans at ringside. Sid gets inside the ring and poses as the big "SID" pyro shoots off. Sid then waits in the ring as Bret Hart's music hits the arena to another huge ovation from the crowd. Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring wearing street clothes with the WWF Championship over his shoulder. Hart gets inside the ring and poses with pyros shooting off. Hart then stands face to face with Sycho Sid as the fans cheer.

Jim Ross- Thank you both for joining me tonight. Now over the last few weeks you two have been involved in heated confrontations. And last week President Monsoon made it official. You two will meet at In Your House "No Escape" in a Cage match to prevent interference. Sycho Sid this is your first shot at the title in a long time. What will you be willing to do to come out as champion?

Sycho Sid- Jim Ross what am I willing to do to walk out of the Cage match as the champion? It's quite simple what I'm willing to do! I will destroy Bret Hart! Bret I have all the respect in the world for you but the fact of the matter is when we're locked inside that steel cage I won't be your friend! I will be going after that title you have over your shoulder! I'll toss you around that cage like a basketball to make sure I come out as the champion! Bret Hart your days are numbered my friend!

Jim Ross- Bret Hart what are you willing to do to come out still the WWF Champion?

Bret Hart- Just like Sycho Sid I too am willing to do anything to walk out with my title. Sycho Sid you might think you have the advantage over me but come In Your House I will show you why they call me the excellence of execution. Sycho Sid I've held this title for way too long for you just to come out here and beat me for it!

Jim Ross- Bret Hart many of the fans see you as the underdog in the match due to Sid's big size advantage over you.

Bret Hart- Well we'll see who's the underdog at the Pay Per View. Just because Sid has the size advantage it won't mean he's going to be able to beat me. Sycho Sid everyone of these fans know I'm a better wrestler than you and they know who's a better champion. Size won't matter when you're going toe to toe with the excellence of execution!

Sycho Sid- Bret Hart you think your technical skills are going to make a difference when we get inside that steel cage? Bret Hart you're going to get tossed all over that cage when we're locked in there! It won't matter if you're a better wrestler or not. I'm bigger and stronger than you! I'm gonna toss you all over that ring! And when I'm done with you I'm going to climb out and become the new WWF Champion!

Bret Hart- Sid you think you're so big and bad? Well I'm right here!

Jim Ross- Gentlemen please.....

Sycho Sid- Jim Ross shut your pie hole! I'm about to beat Bret Hart right here right now!

Bret Hart and Sycho Sid go face to face and start trading blows as the crowd goes wild! Jim Ross exits the ring as Sid and Hart trade heavy blows! Sid and Hart nail each other with right hands and Sid's right hand is blocked by Hart who headbutts Sid and nails a big right hand to Sid's face! Sid though fires back at Hart with a right hand! The fans boo as referees and road agents come running down from the back! They pull Sycho Sid and Bret Hart apart and the crowd goes wild booing! Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Bret Hart and Sycho Sid having to be pulled apart.

Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Steve Austin with Ted DiBiase Vs. Marty Jannetty

Austin is another up and comer here in the WWF who's going to be a big star soon. Jannetty was carried well too by Austin. Austin started off attacking Jannetty from behind and beating the holy hell out of Jannetty in the corner. Austin stomped a mud hole on Jannetty which brought a big smile on the face of Ted DiBiase. Austin controlled the match and got a few near falls on the former rocker. Austin seemed to have Jannetty beat after delivering a big spinebuster but he decided to go up top. Austin went for a splash but Jannetty rolled out of the way and Austin went crashing to the canvas! Jannetty made a brief come back hitting Austin with chops in the corner and even connected with the flying fist drop for a 2 count. Jannetty went for a super kick but Austin ducked. Austin then was able to hit the Stone Cold Stunner on Jannetty! Austin quickly hooked the leg for 1,2,3. Afterwards Austin dragged Jannetty back up to his feet and connected with another Stone Cold Stunner! Ted DiBiase came into the ring clapping for Austin's big win over Marty Jannetty. Austin posed in the ring for a bit before heading to the back with Ted DiBiase.

77, 69, 85 ***

Vince and JR said that Jannetty put up a fighting effort but in the end Steve Austin was just too much for him. Vince McMahon then told us that Todd Pettengill is standing by with Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer in the interview area!

Interview with Paul Bearer and Undertaker

We're taken back to the interview area where we see Todd Pettengill standing by with Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer.

Todd Pettengill- Vince and JR I'm standing by with Undertaker and his manager Paul Bearer. Undertaker last week you and "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel got into a brawl which was one of the reasons you were denied of your title shot. Undertaker neither you or Diesel are scheduled to be apart of In Your House "No Escape" but Diesel has said that he'll be there and he'll be there waiting for you. Your comments?

Paul Bearer- Oh no... No.... Gorilla Monsoon you made us very mad. You denied Undertaker of what's rightfully his and that is the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Undertaker should be the one in the cage match against Bret Hart! Not Sycho Sid. But in due time Undertaker will get his shot don't worry about that. Oh yes he will.

Todd Pettengill- What are your thoughts on the comments made by "Big Daddy Cool" Diesel?

Paul Bearer- Oh yes... Diesel... Oh yes... Diesel you think you're going to be able to stand toe to toe with my Undertaker? Oh no you won't. Diesel when the time comes you will go one on one with my Undertaker and you will rest in piece! Diesel you made the biggest mistake of your life when you cost Undertaker the WWF Championship. And now you must pay... Oh yes...

Undertaker- Diesel you will find out pretty soon why no one can put me away. Diesel if you have the guts show up for In Your House "No Escape". We don't have to have a sanctioned match. It'll be a fight. Lets see who's scared of who come In Your House "No Escape". Diesel when the time comes you will rest in peace!

Paul Bearer- Oh yes you will rest in peace Diesel.... Very, very soon!

The image fades with Pettengill looking a bit nervous standing by with Undertaker and Paul Bearer as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

Paul Bearer gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with Dok Hendrix standing by in the interview area with Owen Hart and British Bulldog.

Dok Hendrix- Owen Hart and British Bulldog you two prepare to join forces to take on Shawn Michaels and Diesel. Owen Hart you're just weeks away from facing Shawn Michaels in a one on one match at In Your House "No Escape". But tonight you two are the underdogs because we're in the hometown of Shawn Michaels. And Owen Hart we have heard Shawn Michaels say he's planning on getting revenge on you for putting him out of action.

Owen Hart- Dok Hendrix you think I'm scared of Shawn Michaels? Come on! Shawn Michaels you think being in your hometown is going to matter? You think these angry Texans are going to make a difference tonight? Dok Hendrix you seem to forget that I knocked Shawn Michaels out of action for two months! Two months he was out of action thanks to my kick to the back of the head! Shawn Michaels will never be the same again! And as far as his big goof of a friend Diesel is concerned... Diesel I haven't forgotten about you costing me the Royal Rumble and about your cheating ways at the last In Your House! Mark my words big man if I don't knock you out then my brother in law British Bulldog will!

British Bulldog- Diesel last year I was the one you came to when you needed help. And what did I do? I turned on you like you were nothing! Diesel lets not forget the fact that you haven't beaten me once! I hold a win over you big man! I would have won the WWF Championship from you back in October if my other brother in law hadn't gotten involved. But I guess not every Hart can be as smart as Owen Hart. And Shawn Michaels a word of warning to you. You try to put Owen Hart out and I'll end up being the one who ends your career once and for all! I'll do it and I'll do it in front of all of these disgusting people in Texas!

Dok Hendrix- You two are members of Camp Cornette and I notice that James E. Cornette isn't going to be at ringside with you two. Things seem to have fallen apart since Yokozuna left the group. Your thoughts?

Owen Hart- James E. Cornette isn't going to be at ringside with us because we don't need him out there tonight. He's got other things on his mind. Yokozuna let me make myself clear to you pal. You're nothing more than an ungrateful oaf! I carried your fat butt and made us into the tag team champions! If Vader doesn't get the job done with you then myself and Bulldog will!

British Bulldog- Yokozuna what you did was the biggest mistake of your life. Like Owen said if Vader doesn't get the job done then we will!

Dok Hendrix- Thank you for the words, Fans stay tuned up next it's the huge tag team main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Owen Hart and British Bulldog Vs. Shawn Michaels and Diesel

The crowd came alive for this one. Owen Hart and British Bulldog easily got the biggest heat of the night. Diesel came down to the ring to a mixed reaction from the crowd but they quickly turned to cheers as "Big Daddy Cool" hit the ring making Owen Hart and British Bulldog head to the outside. When Shawn Michaels' music hit the arena it felt like the roof went off the building! The fans went wild chanting "HBK". The match started off with Michaels and Bulldog going at it doing a quick sequence which lead to Michaels tossing Bulldog out to the floor and skinning the cat back into the ring. Diesel and Bulldog then went at it for a bit with Diesel tossing Bulldog around the ring. Bulldog eventually tagged Owen in and Diesel tagged Michaels in. Michaels and Owen went at it but Owen quickly connected with a belly to belly suplex to Michaels! After that the heel side isolated Michaels and kept him away from Diesel. Owen used his quickness and technical ability on Michaels while Bulldog used his power advantage. Bulldog and Owen Hart kept Michaels away from Diesel and when it looked like Michaels was going to make the hot tag Owen or Bulldog would jump him keeping him away from Diesel. Michaels though eventually made the hot tag to Diesel after delivering a double DDT to both Hart and Bulldog! Diesel came into the ring and cleaned house! Diesel worked over Owen in the corner and then Bulldog. Michaels then got into the mix and all hell broke loose! The match ended when Michaels went to Sweet Chin Music Owen Hart but Owen rolled out to the floor. Michaels though dove right over the top rope all the way out to the floor onto Owen Hart! This left Diesel and Bulldog alone in the ring. Bulldog had Diesel set up for the Running Powerslam but Diesel got out of it and ended up drilling Bulldog with the big boot! Diesel then dragged Bulldog up and delivered the Jackknife Powerbomb! Diesel hooked the legs and got the 1,2,3. Afterwards Michaels came into the ring and he and Diesel celebrated their big win. Owen Hart helped Bulldog to the back telling Michaels that he'd get his revenge soon. Monday Night Raw went off the air with Michaels and Diesel celebrating their win.

97, 98, 96 ****3/4

Overall Rating- 81

TV Rating- 6.81

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 5.61

Attendance- 6,011

Ticket Sales- $240,440

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.92

Attendance- 6,040

Ticket Sales- $241,600

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 0.31

Attendance- 428

Ticket Sales- $8,560

"Ahmed Johnson and Jerry Lawler work pretty well together due to their similar styles."- Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!"- Sophie

LATMF have signed staff member Jim Mollineaux!

Sorry for the lateness of the show but I was busy yesterday

Edited by Baby Hewey

WWF Monday Night Raw arena notes. Hey this is Ken and I attended Monday Night Raw live from San Antonio, Texas. We started the evening off with Howard Finkel telling us the rules and what not. He told us to make sure to stick around after the show went off the air. The dark matches than began.

Dark Matches

1. Jim Neidhart defeated Chris Chavis at 4:33 with the Hart Attack. Big pop for Neidhart here. This one was a decent match with Neidhart winning after delivering the big Hart Attack clothesline.

2. Al Snow defeated Bob Holly at 5:33 with the Million Dollar Dream. Holly was quite over here for some reason.... This one was pretty good for a dark match and Snow picked up the win by making Holly submit to the Million Dollar Dream.

3. Isaac Yankem DDS defeated Aldo Montoya at 2:12 with the DDS. Short match with Yankem nailing the DDS for the 1,2,3.

4. Godwinns defeated The Bodydonnas at 4:16 with a clothesline from HOG to Skip. No one cared about this one since we we're too busy checking Sunny out. HOG clotheslined Skip for the win I think.....

5. Savio Vega defeated The Goon at 1:00 with the Spinning Heel Kick. Short match and Savio wins with the Spinning Heel Kick out of nowhere.

Afterwards Vince and JR came down to the announce position for Monday Night Raw. Monday Night Raw was a all around great show by the WWF. Shawn Michaels got a huge hometown pop. After Monday Night Raw went off the air Michaels and Diesel stayed and celebrated their win. They then headed to the back as Finkel told us that there's more to come.

Dark Matches after Monday Night Raw went off the air.

1. Razor Ramon defeated Goldust at 6:55 by DQ. Razor Ramon got a huge pop from the crowd here. It seemed like Razor was going to win the match but Marlena got involved causing a DQ. Razor pushed her on her ass and went after Goldust and the two ended up brawling to the back.

2. Yokozuna defeated Vader and James E. Cornette in a special handicap match after pinning Cornette at 4:12 with a kick. This one was Vader and Yokozuna going at it with Cornette getting involved a couple times. Yokozuna won after throwing Vader out to the floor and kicking Cornette for the 1,2,3.

3. Bret Hart defeated Jeff Jarrett at 7:40 with the Sharpshooter. Big pop for Bret Hart here. This one was a great match with Hart winning by making Jarrett tap out to the Sharpshooter. Afterwards Bret Hart celebrated before heading to the back putting an end to a great might of action.

Top 5 Pops

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Bret Hart

3. Diesel

4. Razor Ramon

5. Bob Holly

Top 5 Heat

1. British Bulldog/Owen Hart

2. Goldust

3. Vader/James E. Cornette

4. Jeff Jarrett

5. Crush