What book do you think...

PkmnTrainerJ

The Star Wars Heir To The Empire trilogy would be way better than Episodes 1 & 2. Whitley Strieber's Communion and.. whatever it's sequel was called, would be cool if they did it right.

Better yet, pick out just about any of the Star Wars Expanded Universe novels. I'd go with Timothy Zahn's Thrahn trilogy. Great stuff.

Fight Club...wait...Bat tle Royale...erm...Ah yes...

BRAVE NEW WORLD! (by Aldous Huxley) It's similar to1984 in it's societal view but in my opinion it's better. Would be a great film. Jean-Pierre Jeunet should direct and use his mate Dominique Pinon (was in Delicatessen, City Of Lost Children, Amelie AND Alien Res.)

Also groovy art films would include "White Noise" by Don DeLillo, "The Trial" by Franz Kafka, and anything by Haruki Murakami.

I keep trying to quote the post about FFVII making a good movie and I can't, it quotes something by Jook instead...

Anyways, FFVII would NOT make a good film. Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest computer game of all time and has a storyline that is, in my opinion, preferable to most films and TV series and even a lot of books. The problem is, FFVII is too long. It would take in excess of 20 movies to fit in the entirety of the game's storyline and I, for one, would hate to see an "abridged" version if such a film was ever made.

Personally, I think Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman would work well as a movie if both authors had some kind of a role in the creation of it and if they got a good director...Tim Burton, anyone?

I'm Skumfrog, and that's my opinion.

Anyways, FFVII would NOT make a good film. Final Fantasy 7 is the greatest computer game of all time and has a storyline that is, in my opinion, preferable to most films and TV series and even a lot of books. T

*Shakes his head.* FFVII. The best computer game of all time. I... no. Just... no.

Guest Ringmaster

They had a horrid TV version of Brave New World a few years back. They made it trashy with the guys saying stuff like "its all about the bitches yo". Horrid, horrible stuff.

My pick for a movie is the Day After Tomorrow, and not it's not the same thing as the movie coming out now.

*Shakes his head.* FFVII. The best computer game of all time. I... no. Just... no.

Meh. As I said, I'm Skumfrog and that's my opinion.

I love the Final Fantasy games and 7 is by far the best of them all. Other games come close (Metal Gear Solid 2, Secret Of Monkey Island, Streets Of Rage 2, Alex Kidd In Miracle World), but FF7 still stands tall as my favourite game ever.

They had a horrid TV version of Brave New World a few years back. They made it trashy with the guys saying stuff like "its all about the bitches yo". Horrid, horrible stuff.

I saw a TV version awhile ago, it was TERRIBLE. The book, however, is brilliant.

Guest bruins72

The Dark Tower Series but only as a HBO show each season could be one book.

This would be great! I loved the Dark Tower series. I only read the first 3 or 4 books but I loved them. This would be perfect for HBO.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, Rabid Wolverine. There was a modernization of MacBeth that was done just a couple of years ago. It's called MacBeth, PA. Great flick!

Edited by bruins72

Speaking of video game movies, Metroid is being made into a film according to NOM UK.

Sarah Michelle Gellar has been rumoured to have been casted for Samus.

I'll scan in the magazine tommorow.