2007 Copa América

Thomas

Is anybody interested in it? Starts tomorrow night here in England. Any of the Americans here know why the US squad is weaker than their Gold Cup squad despite the Copa America being more prestigious and with harder competition? Can't quite work it out, unless they're all feeling a bit jaded. They're in the hardest group too, so they're gonna be really up against it.

As you've all come to expect, here's a plug for the fantasy league going on BS about it. It's quite an interesting idea, and so I hope a few of you will check it out and sign up. Won't require any maintenance either, so once you've picked your squad you canjust sit back and relax.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be watching Copa America as long as I am not working because I am intrested to see how the US can do. The most likely reason that the US brought a different team was because even thought the Gold Cup may not be as prestigious as Copa America a Confederations Cup spot in '09 was up for grabs for the winner so that could be more important facing tough competition the year before the World Cup. I think that the US can still do ok but it will definalty be alot harder now with some of the key players gone, but atleast it will get some of the younger guys some good experience. It will also be intresting to see how the new forwards that we brought along play being Herculez Gomez and Chalie Davies since we still dont have a clear cut guy that we can get the ball to, to score when we need it.

Is anybody interested in it? Starts tomorrow night here in England. Any of the Americans here know why the US squad is weaker than their Gold Cup squad despite the Copa America being more prestigious and with harder competition? Can't quite work it out, unless they're all feeling a bit jaded. They're in the hardest group too, so they're gonna be really up against it.

As you've all come to expect, here's a plug for the fantasy league going on BS about it. It's quite an interesting idea, and so I hope a few of you will check it out and sign up. Won't require any maintenance either, so once you've picked your squad you canjust sit back and relax.

Guest Not The Ring

I'm looking foward to seeing Anderson in action for Brazil. With Ronaldinho and Kaka pulling out, I'm sure he'll get the odd game or two.

And did Argentina get a new coach or something? The predicted starting XI on Sky Sports News had Riquelme, Veron and Zanetti - all of whom had either retired from internationals or just weren't picked anymore. :huh:

IIRC, the Argentina manager has decided to use an entirely different squad, relying on those based in Argentina, for the competition. This is what I remember from before the competition anyway, so things could've changed.

ALL RIGHT!!! We (Chile) just turned around a 1-2 loss against Ecuador to a 3-2 win in just about 10 minutes! :D

Now we just have to beat Mexico. :pinch:

And your guys earnt me money on Chile to win! New favourite poster!