2004 Olympics

Guest fullhouse

Guest fullhouse

Just curious if any of you have been following or at least from time to time picking up on the concerns with the Greece Olympics this summer?

Does anyway think they will be ready? Or are you like me and pretty much expect this to be a big cluster f#ck?? I'm just referring to the event sites not being ready, and traffic problems preventing athletes from getting to events. Of course the security of Greece and the reason is a issue. Just curious what some of you thought or are expecting to see this summer? Or do you simply dont care?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, i dont really care about the olympics, but my sister is lucky enough to be in there at the moment, and i think shes gonna be going to see at least a couple of the events....which is kinda cool. Sadly i didnt go :(

Do they have the soccer games in the olympics? im not into it that much, but id watch a couple if they did.

Shouldn't this be in Sports? The Olympics probably will be a disaster. Not disaster on the level of Atlanta, but a disaster none the less. It's a shame that no one listened when people floated the idea of just having the Olympics in Sydney again.

Shouldn't this be in Sports? The Olympics probably will be a disaster. Not disaster on the level of Atlanta, but a disaster none the less. It's a shame that no one listened when people floated the idea of just having the Olympics in Sydney again.

I don't think Atlanta's Olympics can be classified as a disaster. While the bombing surprised a lot of people, it came nowhere close to ruining the games or really overshaodwing things.

And yes, this is headed over to Sports.

I've never enjoyed the Olympics, they always hog the airtime of my favorite TV Shows. So I personally hope it flops.

Your favorite shows run in August? Even if it flops, do you really believe that they'll not show the next one? The Olympics are probably the longest standing tradition the western world has.

Coin toss odds some terrorist act goes down too.

Yeah, because terrorists hate those Greeks. If the Olympics were on American soil, maybe, but not in Athens.

im sure everything will get done in time, greeks have a tendency to be very late doing stuff, i know from expirence, as i have lots of relatives that are greek. I hope nothing bad happens though, as that would really suck.

Lets hope and pray (to all the religous people) that no terrorists will attack the Olympics. But chances are something will.

Personally, I don't think the Athens Olympics will be better than our Sydney Olympics which were simply huge! That's not saying Greece's will be bad but just not as good.

To be honest I don't really care about the Olympic. It's mainly just obscure sports that no one particularly cares about, but the TV companies expect us to be interested for one month every four years. I do hope they are a success though, as there are people who do care about them out there.