Guys, there is a God!

ROC

McG Out As Director of 'Superman' Sequel

McG (née Joseph McGinty Nicol) has bowed out as director of Warner Bros.' upcoming Superman sequel, citing disagreement with the studio over budgetary roll-backs. Initially, plans called for the film to be shot in New York City, but when Warner Bros. accountants determined that filming in Australia could cut tens of millions of dollars from the costs, production was moved to Sydney. In a statement on Saturday, McG said, "As a filmmaker, I felt it was inappropriate to try to capture the heart of America on another continent."

Old news. Since then Michael Bay has joined and left the project as well. This was known roughly 10 days ago.

And why does filming in Australia mean that the movie must suck? Superman is set in Metropolis. A ficitonal city.

TGC

McG fits the Superman series too well. Shitty movie, shitty director. It seemed a match made in heaven.

Ah well, hopefully they aren't butching the new Batman movie. I mean Christian Bale has to at least make it watchable.

Bystander - "Oh Batman! Thank you for saving the city, but the Joker is still on the loose! What are you going to do?"

Batman - "I want to kill you and play with your blood!"

Guest elJoJo

Old news.  Since then Michael Bay has joined and left the project as well.  This was known roughly 10 days ago.

And why does filming in Australia mean that the movie must suck?  Superman is set in Metropolis.  A ficitonal city.

TGC

For the record, Metropolis is based on Toronto, so really they should of filmed it there.

Wait I thought Metropolis was based on Chicago, like New York is Gotham. Becuase the orginial Superman he was a American hero fighting Nazi, so how could he be an American hero from based on a city in Canada?

http://members.tripod.com/~davidschutz/superman3.html

I didn't know that bit about the Daily Star though. That's interesting.