Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt sure if there was any confirmation on it which was why I posted it, most of what I had seen was speculation based on other changes to Japanese titles for the western maket.

I do think it is a shame, I get changes made to content which is deemed illegal in the region such as nazi's in Germany and sexually suggestive charaters being under age. But the content in FF7 from what I understand is just crossdressing which isnt illegal.

I for one am okay with them not including what the guy in the video describes as "Getting sexually assaulted in a bath tub by a group of very muscular men." I agree that the character models and the fact nothing was realistic looking allowed stuff to be taken quite lightly, it just won't work with the new visuals.

It'll look too realistic now to let it slip by. When playing through as a kid I didn't really catch it for what it was because of the crude graphics. Can't avoid making it very obvious now.

It's not like the stuff that will have to be censored is integral to the game at all though, fortunately.

On 1/4/2016 at 00:18, Ruki said:

I don't think I've ever done the Honeybee Inn?

It's an optional step in the crossdressing part of the game. At a certain point, probably after you go through the first bits that tell you you need a) a dress and b) a wig, you can collect other bits. Underwear is one of those and you can get it by talking the guy who's nervous about going in... he'll give you his pass and you go in, choose a room and basically a cutscene happens. One of them is the one that people were talking about, there's another one where a girl comes in and you pass out and you get woken up by a big, burly man doing CPR on you, etc. Depending on what room you go into, you get a different pair of underwear and if you want the Don to pick you - it's beneficial to have certain pairs, etc.

I don't even really know if it's necessary to have that result - if anything it's just a hidden little quest. A lot of things are going to get lost in the model upgrades which is why I think some people were apprehensive. Cloud's very overdone "turn to the camera and shoulder shrug" for instance will more likely than not just be replaced with a surly comment. I don't think it's a bad thing, it just means that there is going to be a big tonal difference and just because something is changed or left out doesn't mean "OMG CENSORSHIP".

• Like 2

I don't think stuff like the Honeybee Inn is really that necessary, it's more the fun element they bring that I want to see retained. You don't need the hinted at gay orgy (?) scene, but the stuff like dressing Cloud up as a girl, Dio being an over the top dude in a speedo, finding Hojo on the beach just chilling... it's the silly feeling that counts, I don't think you necessarily need it recreated entirely.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skummy said:

This game needs Hojo on the beach, in his labcoat, surrounded by lllllllaydeez, and Red XIII in a sailor suit. I'll settle for nothing less.

I'm assuming it'll be going for Crisis Core levels of comedy/drama, in which case you should absolutely expect that.

I couldn't get into 14. but, then again, I dislike MMOs.

Also! Rumor is FFIX will be released on Steam this month! (The steam page originally said January 2016, but was replaced with 'coming soon'). It will feature a 'no encounter' mode, auto save, speed up like FF7 (I imagine it's great for grinding levels), and such. Yay!

3 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Also! Rumor is FFIX will be released on Steam this month! (The steam page originally said January 2016, but was replaced with 'coming soon'). It will feature a 'no encounter' mode, auto save, speed up like FF7 (I imagine it's great for grinding levels), and such. Yay!

Sounds just about perfect for me.

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

I couldn't get into 14. but, then again, I dislike MMOs.

Take my moneys. :wub: