WWE: The Power Struggle

Guest Sean O'Haire

Damn am I glad I found this. This is now my favorite diary. Your writing ability, plus the plot you have going behind the scenes is outstanding. Please keep this one going, you have a reader in me.

January 10th, 2004

7:15 AM

Edgemont, South Dakota

Agent Asbury wasn't having the best luck. The one man who could have helped him the most in this investigation just turned up dead with a bullet right between his eyes. Wonderful. Asbury did an extensive search of Wallace Warren's apartment. There had been no sign of struggle, so whoever killed Mr. Warren off, did it with relative ease. And whoever done it had deffinately done it before, as they covered up every track, leaving no clues for Asbury to find.

Asbury spoke to the guy that ran the Edgement Crossings apartment complex and was able to obtain some information. Warren had arrived December 3rd - just two days after the accident. He paid in cash, which was a bit suspicious as limo drivers usually don't carry that kind of cash on them. It was obvious someone had wanted to hide him out here and whoever it was had plenty of cash to spend to make sure he was kept out of the public's eyesight.

The most enlightening information Asbury was given was the phone calls that Warren had received. It appeared that just two hours after I had spoken to him, he had received a call from Memphis, Tennessee. Was it just another coincidence that Raw was taking place in Memphis? Doubtful...

Asbury immediately went back to Warren's room and went to the phone. He picked the phone up and smashed it across the table several times until it broke into many pieces. He looked through the remains of the phone until he found a small chip. Just as he suspected, the phone had been bugged to allow whoever was keeping him out of sight could also keep an eye (and ear) on him. Whoever it was must have heard our conversation...which means they will also be aware of his investigation...

It was time to take the investigation a little further. Asbury was all but 100% sure that the whoever was behind this was in the WWE somehow. So he would find a way to investigate from the inside. He would also send in the chip to have it examined so perhaps they could find out who exactly Mr. Warren talked to that night.

For Asbury's next idea in the investigation, he would need a little help from an old friend, Bill Spree. Asbury flipped open his cell phone and dialed the number.

Lynn Asbury: Hello, Bill? I have something for ya...are you up for a challenge? .....

Raw

January 12, 2004

Live from Long Island, New York

Hosted by: JR & The Coach

Highlights from Last Week: Jerry Lawler accepted the Legend Challenge and was destroyed by Evolution, Kane sneak attacked Goldberg after he left his limo, Goldberg returned later to catch Kane off gaurd with a huge spear and Jackhammer - but Kane ended up sitting right back up, Rob Conway defeated Rob Van Dam in a non-title match with help from Matt Hardy, Booker T defeated Test but then got beat down by The Union, Mick Foley made a big 8-man tag match for this week, and during the Jericho/Trish vs. Christian/Lita match - Christian nailed Jericho with a sick chairshot while Jericho saved Trish....

Screen cut to the Raw opening...the pictures of Eric Bischoff and Mick Foley got the usual editted in pops/heat. From the opening, we went to the PYRO~! going off on the stage. The camera panned around the audience as JR welcomed us to Raw.

JR: We're LIVE from Long Island, the hometown of Co-GM Mick Foley! And unfortunately I'm along side...

The Coach: The Coach! Looks like The King will be outta action for a while JR, so you're stuck with ME!

JR: Get well soon King.

The Coach: Aw come on JR, you know ya love me! Everyone loves The Coach!

JR: Get over yourself. Enough of that...TONIGHT, as ordered by co-General Manager Mick Foley, we will have an EIGHT man tag match with Booker T, Rob Van Dam, and the World Tag Team Champions - Val Venis & Lance Storm taking on Test, Steiner, and La Resistance of The Union!

The Coach: This should be a cake walk for The Union. Deffinately.

JR: We'll see about that. Also tonight, Trish will defend the WWE Women's Title against Victoria!

Royal Rumble News

"I'm Back" hit the PA system, bringing the fans to their feet in louds boos for the co-General Manager of Raw. Bischoff walked out wearing a black leather coat and black shirt with blue jeans. He headed down to the ring with a big grin on his face carrying a clipboard with papers attached. Lillian Garcia gave Bischoff the microphone.

Eric Bischoff: Thank you! Thank you! I love EACH and every one of you...Hell, who am I getting? This is NEW YORK...this is Mick Foley's home! I actually feel sorry for you!

This of course drew big heel heat for Easy E.

Eric Bischoff: Ahhhh shut up! Your opinions don't matter. Besides, it's time to get down to business. Royal Rumble is just under two weeks away and there's still some open spots in the Rumble on the Raw side. We've got the huge SUPERSTARS of Test, Scott Steiner, Rene Dupree, Rob Conway, Al Snow, and even the talent like Batista and "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton!

The crowd booed all seven of these men's names.

Eric Bischoff: Now I know what you're thinking...those seven huge talents right there would be enough to win Raw the Royal Rumble. Oh yeah...we also have Shawn Michaels and Booker T in it right now too....

While Bischoff said those two names rather nonchalantly, their names drew a loud pop from the fans.

Eric Bischoff: So that would make nine names. It is EXTREMELY important that I take Stephanie McMahon down and have Raw win the Rumble. Smackdown! won it last year, and a repeat WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! So I'm going to add some names myself. And who better to look to than someone wearing some gold...and that's Rob Van Dam! And if I really want to win this Rumble, I can't leave off two of Raw's best talents...Vitamin C themselves, Chris Jericho and Christian! That leaves just THREE spots left in the Rumble...

CCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The fans popped loudly as the other General Manager of Raw and hometown favorite, Mick Foley, came walking out from the back and down the ramp. Foley was sporting the same suit he's been wearing ever since becoming GM - I wonder if he ever washes it. Anyway, he gave the fans some hi-fives as he made his way down. He climbed into the ring and pulled out a microphone of his own from inside his jacket.

Eric Bischoff: I don't need your help in making these announcements Mick. We agreed on the three new names to add, so you're input really is unneccissary at this point.

Mick Foley: Aww, come on Eric...you know you wanted me to join you! Besides, how can I resist coming out here to be with my friends and family here in...LONG ISLAND?

Cheap Pop!

Eric Bischoff: Ok, ok...you've got your cheap pop in. I think you can go now.

Mick Foley: Well...actually Eric, I...I have an announcement of my own to make. You see, we did make those decisions together, however I have made a decision on my own.

Eric Bischoff: W...What? What are you talking about?!

Mick Foley: Let's just say you can take three of those empty spaces on Raw's entry sheet and take away TWO of them!

Eric Bischoff: WHAT?! You added names without contacting me? Well, WHO is it?

Mick Foley: Calm down Eric! They're mystery entrants of course!

Eric Bischoff: MYSTERY ENTRANTS?! Wait...you know what, I like the way you think Mick. Let's make the fans WAIT. Great idea! ....But...once we get back to our office...you WILL tell me right?

Mick Foley: I don't think so, Eric! However, if you REALLY want to know who they are...I'll tell you this, one of the entrants won't remain a mystery until the Rumble! Because NEXT WEEK, he will reveal himself on Raw!

Eric Bischoff was livid as Foley started to leave, but then he stopped himself and turned back around to talk to Bischoff again.

Mick Foley: Oh yeah and Eric...when you go back to the back, I want you to tell a member of The Union to be ready for a little surprise I have lined up for him!

Eric Bischoff: What the Hell are you talking about Mick? All of the Union already have a big eight man tag match tonight!

Mick Foley: ALL of the Union? Last I checked, there was someone who didn't have a match...

Eric Bischoff: Um...Coach? He's at the announce booth for the night, so I don't think so.

Mick Foley: Eric, Eric, Eric...this member is my ole BUDDY! Haha, you're gonna love it...HE'S gonna love it...the fans are gonna love it! I LOVE IT! HAVE A NICE DAY!

Foley's music hit the PA system again as he left the ring leaving Bischoff frustrated once again.

JR: Who will the mystery entrants be? And what is Foley talking about?

The Coach: That Foley really pisses me off! What's he got planned for Al Snow???

:::Commercials:::

WWE - Sting of the Night by YJ Stinger

Matt Hardy entered the ring as Rob Conway left celebrating with his tag partner. Hardy stomped on RVD some before he pulled him up and hooked him for another Twist of Fate. However, Shawn Michaels came sprinting down to the ring!

JR: Shawn Michaels is going to make the save for Rob Van Dam!

Coach: What's he doing?!

JR: It was a few weeks ago that Matt Hardy verbally assaulted Shawn Michaels and then phsyically as well. HBK is returning the favor!

Matt dropped RVD back to the floor to meet HBK as he entered the ring. They exchanged punches until HBK sent Hardy into the ropes. HBK was going to attempt the Sweet Chin Music to Hardy as he came back off the ropes, but Hardy wisely grabbed the ropes to stop himself and slid out of the ring to safety.

Rosey vs. Matt Hardy

Not a classic match by any stretch of the imagination, but it served its purpose, which was to have Matt Hardy beat someone who was larger than him so that he isn't stuck as being considered a cruiserweight. Hardy pretty much dominated Rosey, until the later stages of the match when Rosey tried to make a comeback. Rosey ducked a Matt Hardy clothesline, then hit Hardy with a rolling clothesline of his own. Hardy got back to his feet and ran right into a Samoan Drop from Rosey. Rosey went for the pin...One, Two, kickout. Hardy stumbled back to his feet and received from hard rights from Rosey. Rosey lifted him up for a bodyslam, but Hardy escaped by sliding down Rosey's back. Rosey spun around and received a dropkick from Hardy that sent him down briefly. Hardy climbed to the top turnbuckle and came off with a flying clothesline onto Rosey as he was getting back to his feet. Both men were slow to their feet. Once both were back up, Rosey took a swing at Rosey, but Hardy ducked - allowing Hardy to hit him with The Side Effect. Hardy measured Rosey as he began trying to pull himself up...and once Rosey was up, Hardy quickly sent him right back down with the Twist of Fate. This one was academic..One, Two, Three.

Winner - Matt Hardy

Overall: 72

Crowd: 73

Match: 72

Royal Rumble Gets an Injection of Mattitude

After the match and after Lillian announced Hardy as the winner, he requested the microphone.

Matt Hardy: Strike up another victory for VERSION ONE-AAAAHHHHH! Shawn Michaels, you want a piece of Mattitude? Well, why don't you come on out here right now and get ya some?! This match was nothing for me, I'm still fresh! So come on down!

Hardy paused and waited for HBK, but nobody showed.

Matt Hardy: See what I mean? HBK is nothing but a coward! Mattitude will be your new icon! Forget Shawn Michaels, I can be a Heart Breaker too! Hell, Mattitude has broken more hearts than HBK has religious T-Shirts! You may be too afraid to come out and take me on...but I know I want to take you down Michaels. So you're not here tonight, but I do know that you will be in the Rumble. And since there's still one spot left in the Rumble, I'm gonna take that spot just so I can throw you out! Then I'll go on to Wrestlemania and show the World that VERSION ONE-AAAHHHH is a TRUE ICON!

Hardy's music hit again as he left the ring to boos from the crowd. (81%)

A "Legendary" Tag Team Reunites!

Evolution's theme played as Flair, Batista, and Orton walked out onto the stage to a round of LOUD boos from the crowd. Both Batista and Randy Orton were dressed for battle tonight, while Flair had his usual stylin' and profilin' suit on. They ignored the boos as they made their way arrogantly to the ring. They climbed in and once again Flair grabbed the microphone.

Ric Flair: WHOOOOOOO! Shawn Michaels! Foley! Austin! Sgt. Slaughter! Jim Duggan! Terry Funk! Jerry Lawler! They've all felt the wrath of "THE LEGEND KILLER" RANDY ORTON! Tonight, I have a VERY special challenge for The Legend Challenge. We're in Long Island, and it's Foley territory. So what better way to show Evolution's dominance than to have Foley taken out by Orton one more time!

The fans continued to boo Flair very loudly...however, Batista came over and pulled the microphone from Flair.

Batista: Let me do it this week! He's already taken Foley out once! I want a chance to warm-up for the Royal Rumble too! Let me fight Foley.

Orton and Flair both looked shocked at Batista's request. Orton grabbed the microphone from Batista.

Randy Orton: Hold up! I've never actually had a match with Foley, I just kicked his ass. I want to pin him and make it official! Besides, I'm The LEGEND KILLER, not you.

Batista and Orton went nose-to-nose as Flair tried to sepeare them...suddenly, Foley's music hit for the third time already tonight. The crowd once again popped loudly as Mick Foley walked out onto stage.

Mick Foley: Ladies, ladies...let's stop the petty bickering! Batista wants a match, Orton wants a match...well, unfortunately...as much as I love LONG ISLAND...

Another cheap pop...two in a night! Wow!

Mick Foley: I'm afraid I will not be taking part in the Legend Challenge.

This upset the crowd a bit as Orton laughed in the ring.

Mick Foley: Don't get so confident yet Orton, because I do know how to solve the little arguement you girls were having. Well, I don't have the solution...but my personal assistant does.

With that, Foley reached down into his pants and pulled out MR. SOCKO! The crowd went crazy as he slipped Socko onto his hand. He brought the sock puppet up to his ear.

Mick Foley: What's that Mr. Socko? ...That's a GREAT IDEA!

Randy Orton: What the Hell? This is bull! Get that stupid sock off your hand!

Mick Foley: Don't insult Mr. Socko, because he just settled you're arguement. Tonight, Orton, you and Batista will be teaming up to take on a LEGENDARY TAG TEAM! This team has a history in the WWE like none other! I present to you...HEAD CHEESE!!!!!

Some generic rock music played as Steve Blackman walked out first with nunchucks. He showed off on stage with them as Al Snow reluctantly walked out onto stage. Foley disappeared backstage as Blackman and Snow stood on the stage.

The Coach: Head Cheese?! HEAD CHEESE?!? What did Al Snow do to deserve this??

Snow and Blackman started to make their way down to the ring, but the sound of Mick Foley's voice stopped them.

Mick Foley: Wait! Not so fast!

Foley came back from backstage carring a big cheese hat. He caught up to Snow and put it on his head.

Mick Foley: Can't forget that! HAVE A NICE DAY!

Foley went back up the ramp as Snow shook his head. They climbed into the ring as Batista & Orton prepared. Snow grabbed the cheese hat and threw it forcefully to ringside. (97%)

Head Cheese vs. Randy Orton & Batista (w/Ric Flair)

Pretty good match up as Head Cheese reunited on uneasy terms. There was a couple Head Cheese chants during the match as some of the fans remembered this lovable duo from a few years ago. Snow started the match off against Orton. Snow held his own would eventually cause Orton to retreat and tag in to Batista. Batista immediately leveled Snow with a huge clothesline. Batista kept Snow grounded and tagged Orton back in after hitting a big belly to back suplex on Snow. Orton came in and took advantage of where the big man left off. Orton applied a version of a body scissors/sleeper combo to the grounded Snow.

Orton eventually released the hold once he felt enough damage had been done. Snow tried to fight his way back to his feet, but Orton sent him back down with a full nelson slam. Orton went for the pin. One, Two, Blackman broke it up with a stomp to Orton's back. Blackman left the ring as Orton lifted Snow up and pulled him over to the corner where he tagged in Batista. They both lifted Snow up into the air for a double suplex, but then turned it into a double flapjack. Batista went for the pin. One, Two, kickout. Batista overpowered Snow for a little bit more before sending him into the ropes and going for a clothesline, however Snow ducked and went to the ropes. Snow hit an Asai Moonsault onto Batista sending both men down. Snow immediately got up and made it over to tag in Blackman.

Batista was back up, but Blackman came running in and immediately took him out with a spinning heel kick. Orton came running into the ring but got taken down with a spinning heel kick as well. Batista stumbled back to his feet, but Blackman grabbed him and sent him into the corner hard. Blackan came to the corner and began hitting Batista with several stiff kicks to the ribs. However, Orton put a stop to that as he clipped Blackman's knees from behind. Orton rolled out of the ring as Batista came running out of the corner with a huge clothesline to Blackman. Orton & Batista now began to control Blackman with power and double teams. Orton would eventually find himself in the ring as the legal man against Blackman. Orton had him up and went for the RKO, but Blackman shoved him off into the ropes. Orton came back off into a superkick from Blackman. He was then going to go for the Bicycle Kick, but Flair grabbed Blackman's legs to prevent him from doing so.

Blackman pulled himself free from Flair, but turned around into a dropkick from Orton. As Blackman tried to pull himself up, Orton took him right back down with a swinging neckbreaker. He then climbed up to the top turnbuckle as Blackman began to pull himself up. Orton came off with a top rope cross body, but Blackman caught him right in the ribs with a kick! The desperation move sent both men down and it was a race to make the hot tag. Blackman made it to his corner and went for the tag, but Al Snow jumped down off the apron. He just shook his head in disgust. Blackman pulled himself up and yelled at Snow at ringside, but Snow spit in Blackman's face. By now, Orton had made the tag to Batista. Batista entered the ring and waited on Blackman...Blackman finally turned around right into the devistating Spinebuster from Batista. One, Two, Three.

Winners - Orton & Batista

Overall: 79

Crowd: 75

Match: 84

Ric Flair entered the ring and raised the hands of both Batista and Randy Orton as Al Snow headed up the ramp satisfied.

LUGZ Boot of the Week by Lugz

Christian: with a confident smile Yeah, I know. Oh, sorry about your loss last week...Jericho has alotta nerve. Have you talked to Trish about it yet?

Lita: No...not yet...I'm still mad at her for accusing you.

Christian: I think you should tell her how she won the title in the first place...

Lita: I will, but first...I have a proposal for you...

Lita sexually walked up to Christian...

Lita: If we win tonight, I think we're both in line for a little....reward.

A look of surprise crossed Christian's face as Lita said this. His shocked look was replaced with a big grin....

Girl Talk

Backstage, Trish Stratus was leaving her locker room in ring attire with the WWE Women's Title around her waist. She was heading to the ring for her match which was about to begin, as she was heading down the hallway, she was stopped by Lita. Lita had a large smile on her face.

Lita: Oh! Hey Trish!

Trish Stratus: What are you smiling about?

Lita: Ooooh nothing!

Trish Stratus: Well, what do you want?

Lita: Jeez Lita, what's your deal?

Trish Stratus: ...It's just that I'm worried about Chris because he's not here tonight.

Lita: Chris? I thought you were done with him.

Trish Stratus: Well...I mean, he saved me last week. And look what happened to him because of me. I think I may have been wrong about him...

Lita: He's not good news Trish, which reminds me...you realize your win over me was tainted, don't you?

Trish Stratus: TAINTED? Are you kidding me Lita?

Lita: Yeah, Jericho hit me with his bulldog and Lionsault...that's the only reason you won.

Trish Stratus: Who's the jealous one now Lita? This belt means EVERYTHING to me and for you to try and disgrace me and my win is just...just...ARGH!

Trish stormed off towards the ring very frustrated.

Lita: Whatever. Nothing can ruin my good mood!

Lita smiled as she continued walking down the hallway as the screen faded back to the ring. (79%)

JR: Well, Lita certainly seems happy about something...

The Coach: Oh come on JR, I think everyone knows what she's so happy about.

JR: We don't know that for sure!

The Coach: We all saw what was promised last week! And they did win!

JR: Well even if that is what happened, that's their business, not ours.

The Coach: They're wrestlers...every part of their personal life's should be put on TV!

WWE Women's Title Match

Trish Stratus © vs. Victoria (w/Stevie Richards)

Deffinately a decent match to be a women's match. Victoria can always be counted on for a good match and has good chemistry with Trish. Trish had Victoria in the corner and climbed up onto her and began the corner punches. One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten! She then monkey flipped Victoria out of the corner and went for the pin. One, Two, kickout. Both women got back to their feet and Trish hit Victoria with a boot to the midsection. Victoria was doubled over and Trish went for a DDT, however Victoria countered with a Northern Lights Suplex with a bridge. The cameraman got a nice view of Victoria as she bridged...One, Two, kickout. Steven Richards was apparantly unhappy with the ref as he jumped onto apron. The ref came over and began warning Richards. This upset Victoria as she crawled over and gave the ref a low blow! The ref dropped to the mat in pain as Trish was back up to her feet.

Victoria receieved a dropkick to her back from Trish. Victoria stumbled back up feet, but was sent into the corner by Trish. Trish came in and lifted Victoria up onto the top turnbuckle. Victoria tried to fight Trish off, but a few jabs stopped that. Trish sent Victoria off the top with the Stratusphere. Both women were down from the move...and slowly both began to get up at the same time. Richards slid into the ring and measured Trish up. Richards went for the Stevie Kick, but Trish moved and Richards nailed Victoria by accident! Trish gave Richards a kick to the groin and then hit him with the Stratusfaction! The ref had recovered and Trish saw Victoria laid out...she took advantage of the situation and went for the pin. One, Two, Three.

Winner and STILL Women's Champion - Trish Stratus

Overall: 72

Crowd: 77

Match: 60

The Peep Show

Christian's music welcomed us back from commercials. He made his way down to the ring very confidentally, ignoring the boos from the crowd. Christian entered the ring and got a microphone.

Christian: Welcome to THE PEEP SHOW! Apparantly I'm not good enough to get a fancy set like JERICHO gets to get...but you know what, THAT'S OK! Because there will be no more highlight reels! Because I don't think Jericho will EVER be showing his face on this show again! I gave him the CHAIRSHOT heard round the world! Well he got what he deserved and because of me - HE ISN'T HERE!

The crowd began to chant "CLB" to Christian, who got annoyed with the crowd because of that.

Christian: Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I'm not a CLB! I'm a SEXY BEAST! Hahaha, speaking of which...tonight on the PEEP SHOW, I have a very special guest. She's the LOVELY LITA!

"It Just Feels Right" hit the PA system. Lita came out to a decent reaction from the fans with a big grin on her face again. She climbed into the ring and went over to stand next to Christian.

Christian: Lita, last week we made a great team...in more ways than one. But I'm sure the question on EVERYONE'S mind is...how was it for you?

Lita looked a little uncomfortable with discussing the "situation" infront of the live audience...

Lita: Well...um, it was....amaz...

Christian pulled the microphone back before she could answer, immediately taking away the grin she had on her face as she looked at Christian confused.

Christian: Yeah, that's nice. Of course it was amazing, I mean LOOK AT ME! But you know something Lita...Matt Hardy was right. YOU ARE TERRIBLE IN THE SACK!

Lita's jaw dropped as you could almost hear her heart break and her hopes crushed.

Christian: Seriously though, I can't believe I waited all this time for THAT! And just for a bet...damn Lita, it was so horrible that I think Jericho actually won this bet without even tappin' Trish! I don't think I want to even claim that it even happened! Lita...you were so bad that I FAKED IT!

Christian was laughing his ass off while Lita began showing off her "great" acting skills as she broke into tears.

Christian: Yeah, I would cry too if I was that bad. I can see why Matt Hardy left you now! But Lita...you've served your purpose here. So do us all a favor and HIT THE BRICKS, TOOTS!

The upset Lita went to slap Christian across his face, but Christian blocked it - grabbing her arm. Christian shook his head as if to say "I don't think so." He then reared back and decked Lita with a right hand! The crowd reacted to this with loud boos! Christian extended his arms as if to say "What did I do?"

The Coach: That should teach her a lesson!

JR: WHAT?! Christian's a bastard! I don't believe this!

The crowd continued to boo Christian loudly as he climbed the turnbuckles to showboat as Lita was out cold on the mat. Screen faded out to commercials. (81%)

Non-Title Handicap Match

Goldberg vs. Jindrak & Cade

Jindrak & Cade had the difficult assignment of taking on the World Champion and huge force, Goldberg. There never was really much doubt in what would happen in this match, and thus the fans weren't really too interested. Goldberg got his standard pop with his entrance...and no one could give a hoot about Jindrak or Cade. They immediately double teamed Goldberg right when the bell rang. They hit Goldberg right several rights and lefts before sending him into the ropes. However, Goldberg came off the ropes with a big double clothesline to both men. Jindrak stumbled back up to his feet first and received a standing side kick from Goldberg. Cade slammed into Goldberg's back with a double axehandle that sent Goldberg down to one knee. Cade then ran to the ropes and came back at Goldberg, but Goldberg lifted him up into a Gorilla Press...then dropped him down into a slam to the mat. Jindrak was starting to roll to his feet, but Goldberg measured him up and SPEARed him back to the mat. As Cade began to stumble up, he received the same fate. Goldberg lifted Jindrak back up...and gave him a picture perfect Jackhammer. One, Two, Three. The match was over, but just for the heck of it, Goldberg lifted Cade up and gave him a Jackhammer as well. The ref looked confused, but made the count upon Goldberg's demand. One, Two, Three.

Winner - Goldberg

Overall: 70

Crowd: 71

Overall: 71

Goldberg began to celebrate as the crowd cheered him on, but the cheers turned to boos as Kane showed up. He came running down the ramp and slid into the ring. Goldberg, however, saw him coming and met Kane as they exchanged right hands. Goldberg eventually got the upperhand and sent Kane into the corner with an Irish whip. Kane hit the turbuckles so hard that it sent him to the mat. Goldberg waited as Kane pulled himself up in the corner. Once Kane was up, Goldberg went running into the corner looking for a spear, but Kane moved out of the way and Goldberg went through the turnbuckles and hit the ring post shoulder first.

Kane pulled Goldberg out from the corner and lifted him up like he was going for The Tombstone, but instead drove the same shoulder Goldberg hit the ring post with down into a shoulderbreaker. He pulled Goldberg back up and then drove him into the mat with a big Chokeslam. Kane climbed down to ringside and grabbed a steel chair. He climbed back into the ring while Goldberg began to try and pull himself, but Kane drove the chair down into the same shoulder. Goldberg held his shoulder in pain as Kane continued to slam the chair across it.

JR: Goldberg's shoulder won't be able to take much more punishment like this!

Kane lifted Goldberg up and threw him threw the middle ropes to ringside. Kane took his time climbing out of the ring. As he approached Goldberg, he got met with a few punches from Goldberg, but Kane grabbed Goldberg and threw him shoulder first into the ring steps. The crowd booed Kane loudly as he stalked over Goldberg. He lifted the ring steps up high into the air then dropped it across Goldberg's shoulder. Kane began laughing insanely as he looked down on what he had done to Goldberg.

The Coach: Kane's lost it...

JR: I don't think he ever had it.

The screen faded out to commercials as Kane was laughing over Goldberg's fallen body. (80%)

JR: Welcome back fans, and its time for our main event, its the HUGE EIGHT man tag match putting the Union up against Booker T, Intercontinental Champion Rob Van Dam, and Lance Storm and Val Venis.

The Coach: Easy as pie JR.

JR: But we have just received some big news from the GM-Office. Bischoff has just guaranteed a World Title shot NEXT WEEK on Raw to any Union member who can pick up the victory for them tonight!

The Coach: Bischoff is a genious! I might have to suit up and go down there to earn myself a shot.

JR: Go ahead! I wish you would!

The Coach: And leave you by yourself JR? I care too much about you to do that.

JR: ...But you have to think Bischoff saw what Kane did to Goldberg and wants to take advantage of Goldberg's weakened state. But this is assuming the Union can win tonight, which will be no easy task.

Main Event

The Union (Test/Steiner/Conway/Dupree) vs. Booker T/Rob Van Dam/Venis & Storm

Decent match as everyone got their fair share of action in this one. Rob Van Dam was demonstrating his fancy footwork as he hit Rene Dupree with several kicks to the head in the corner. He then monkey flipped Dupree out of the corner and followed through by hitting Dupree with the Rolling Thunder. RVD got to his feet and hit a spinning legdrop to Dupree and went for the pin. One, Two, Conway pulled RVD off of RVD. Conway hit RVD with a couple of right hands, then gave him a knee to the midsection. RVD doubled over so Conway leveled him with a swinging neckbreaker. Conway left the ring upon ref's orders. Dupree made it over to The Union's corner and tagged Steiner into the ring.

RVD stumbled back up to his feet, but Steiner grabbed him and hit a big Belly-To-Belly suplex on the Intercontinental Champ. Steiner went for the pin. One, Two, kickout. Steiner laid a few boots down onto Van Dam before pulling him up. He grabbed RVD by the arm and pulled him into a short-arm clothesline. Steiner brought his bicep up and gave it a kiss before dropping an elbow down across Van Dam's chest. He went for the pin. One, Two, Steiner rolled off and decided to do a few push ups instead. This angered Booker T enough to the point where he tried to enter the ring, but of course was stopped by the refs. Test came in illegally. He and Steiner began to stomp away at Van Dam before Steiner left, completing the illegal switch.

Test stomped on RVD some more before pulling him up to his feet. Test sent him into the ropes and went for a backdrop. However, RVD rolled across Test's back and then did a legsweep to take the big man off his feet. Van Dam quickly made it to the corner and tagged Booker T in. Booker T came in and immediately took Test down with a forearm shot. Steiner came back into the ring and Booker T sent him down with a jumping crescent kick. Conway and Dupree entered the ring and took Booker down with a double clothesline. This brought Lance Storm and Val Venis into the ring as the referee lost all control of this one.

Storm sent Dupree over the top rope to the floor and then hit him with a baseball slide as he went out of the ring as well. Meanwhile, a dropkick from Rob Conway sent Val Venis out of the ring to the floor. Once Val was back up to his feet on the outside, Conway hit a plancha out onto Val sending both men down. Back in the ring, Booker T and Test had got back to their feet. Test went for a Big Boot to Booker, but he ducked. Test turned around into a kick to the midsection from Booker. He then came off the ropes and hit the Scissors Kick to Test! Booker T got up and was about to go for the pin, but Steiner was up as well...he turned Booker T around and dropped Booker with the Steiner Shot!

RVD came running at Steiner and hit him with a few forearm shots before sending him into the corner. Steiner stumbled back out into a jumping sidekick from RVD to send Steiner to the mat right infront of the turnbuckles. RVD climbed to the top turnbuckle and came down onto Steiner with a Split-Legged Moonsault! At this point, the ref didn't really care who the legal man was so he made the count. One, Two, Thre...Conway pulled RVD out to ringside and then sent him head first into the ring steps. Conway slid into the ring and crawled over to Booker T to make the pin. One, Two, out of nowhere Val Venis came flying off the top rope with the Money Shot onto Conway as he was going for the pin! Venis rolled Conway off of Booker and went for the pin. One, Two, Thre...Steiner had recovered and broke it up with an elbowdrop!

Steiner pulled Venis up to his feet and hit him with a Belly-To-Belly suplex. Lance Storm climbed up onto the apron and came into the ring, hitting Steiner with the springboard dropkick - sending Big Poppa Pump to the mat! However, Rene Dupree followed Storm into the ring and came up behind him. Dupree dropped Storm with an Inverted DDT that JR said he had named the Bastille Drop. This time Dupree went for the pin. One, Two, in a spot similar to the one with Venis and Conway, this time it was RVD breaking up the count with a Five Star Frogsplash onto Dupree! RVD stumbled up to his feet as Test was up as well. Test nailed RVD with The Big Boot! Venis stumbled back up to his feet, but Test grabbed him from behind and nailed him with The Test Drive. The ring was littered with fallen bodies as Test went for the pin on Val Venis. One, Two, Three.

Winners - The Union

Overall: 79

Crowd: 76

Match: 78

The Coach: What'd I tell ya JR? Easy as pie!

JR: ...It looks like Test will be taking on Goldberg next week for the World Title! Will Goldberg be 100%?! We'll see you next week!

The rest of the Union slowly stumbled to their feet and celebrated thier victory as the crowd booed them loudly. The WWE copyright logo appeared at the bottom of the screen as they stood victorious over the fallen faces. The screen slowly faded to black.

End show.

Overall - 78%

Quick Results

Matt Hardy def. Rosey

Batista & Orton def. Head Cheese

Trish def. Victoria

Goldberg def. Jindrak & Cade

The Union def. Booker T, RVD, Venis & Storm

Highlight of the Night - The Evolution promo (97%)

Match of the Night - Batista & Orton vs. Head Cheese (84)

Now that EWB III is back up, I can start reposting the news reports and live show reports!

411mania.com

What You Didn't See on Raw

Sent in by 411 Reader: Lucas Millard

Yo 411! I was at Raw tonight in Long Island. The arena wasn't as loud as we've been in the past WWE events. However, Mick Foley deffinately got the loudest pop of the night being the hometown hero. When he said he had no intentions of wrestling, the crowd was very upset...but it was pretty funny to see the reunion of HEAD CHEESE! Evolution got ALOT of heat for running down Mick Foley..as did Eric Bischoff. Christian was awesome last night as the crowd really let him have it when he knocked Lita out with that right hand. I think he's really starting to break out as a star. No Jericho or HBK, which was a big let down for a lot of us here. But I'd still say it was money well spent.

Dark Matches

Johnny Jeter def. Local Scrub

-Jeter looked pretty decent, but still has some training to do before he's ready for the WWE spotlight. But then again, the same could be said about people already on TV.

Dudley Boyz def. Matt and John from Tough Enough

-Dudleyz got a good reaction as the first recognizable names to come out. Matt and John looked a lot better since we last saw them on TV, but still have some work to do. Matt was 3Ded for the Dudley Boyz victory.

Heat Tapings

Tommy Dreamer def. Rico

-Dreamer got a pretty good reaction as he is a local boy. He won with the DDT. After the match, Rico decided to attack Dreamer, but ended up getting several Kendo stick shots before leaving.

Mark Henry def. John Heidenreich

-Horrible...Horrible...Horrible match.

The Hurricane def. Stevie Richards

-Good match up with Hurricane winning with a Shining Wizard to Richards.

Biggest Pops

1. Mick Foley

2. Goldberg

3. Trish Stratus

4. Booker T

5. Rob Van Dam

Most Heat

1. Evolution

2. Christian

3. Kane

4. Matt Hardy

5. Eric Bischoff

-Ashish

411mania.com

WWE News and Notes

-A new match has been added to the Royal Rumble card as The World's Greatest Tag Team has been signed to take on Los Guerreros for the WWE Tag Team Titles. It is rumored that one more match could be added to the card before it goes final.

-More contract news as the WWE signed Booker T and developmental diva Alexis Laree to 3 year deals. Danny Basham and Hardcore Holly also had their contracts renewed for 1 year each. Also, contrary to past reports - WWE did decide to renew the contract of developmental diva Nikita Fink for one more year. Zach Gowen's contract is still yet to be renewed.

-As reported at the beginning of the month, there is a big superstar in the WWE who is set to retire after the Royal Rumble this month. It still hasn't been announced who and we are surprised that the information hasn't leaked out it. But soon enough we can bet we'll find out just who the retiring superstar will be.

-Ashish

Current Royal Rumble Card

World Heavyweight Title Match

Goldberg © vs. Kane

WWE Title Match

Brock Lesnar © vs. John Cena

World Tag Team Titles Match

Val Venis & Lance Storm © vs. Steiner & Test

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match

Tajiri © vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE Tag Team Titles Match

World's Greatest Tag Team © vs. Los Guerreros

The Royal Rumble

Raw entrants: Randy Orton, Batista, Shawn Michaels, Booker T, Test, Steiner, Rob Conway, Rene Dupree, Al Snow, Rob Van Dam, Chris Jericho, Christian, Matt Hardy, two mystery entrees.

Smackdown entrants: Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly, Big Show, A-Train, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Tajiri, Chris Kanyon, Paul London, Spanky, Rhyno, Charlie Haas, Sean O'Haire, and a mystery entrant.

*Card subject to change.

Smackdown!

January 15, 2004

Taped from Uncasville, Connecticut

Hosted by: Michael Cole & Tazz

Highlights from Last Week: Team Lesnar continued their dominance over several wrestlers on the Smackdown! roster, Stephanie McMahon was having a difficult time deciding who should be in the Royal Rumble, Hardcore Holly defeated A-Train, Kurt Angle had a run in with his former friends and students - World's Greatest Tag Team, and Cena & Benoit lost a hard fought match to Brock Lesnar and The Big Show.

Accepting An Offer

From the highlights, the screen switched over to the scene of a car pulling into the empty parking lot of a gym, well empty besides one other car. The car parked, the door swung open, and John Cena stepped out. He looked a little less than thrilled to be there. He walked up to the doors of the gym to find them locked. He gave a knock on the doors and it was soon opened by Kurt Angle who was wearing sweat pants with no shirt and had a towel around his neck, sweating like he just got done with a good work out.

Kurt Angle: Well, well, well, what do we have here.

John Cena: Yo Kurt...

Kurt Angle: What is up my homie?? Change your mind about my offer to prepare you for Brock Lesnar? Did losing to him last week show you what he's capable of?

John Cena: Yo dude, don't even rub it in. I want to take you up on that offer.

Kurt Angle: Well...I dunno, that really hurt when you turned me down. It's going to take a lot...how about you get down on your knees and beg me to accept.

John Cena: What?! Hell naw, if that's the way its gonna be, forget that!

Cena began to leave, but Kurt grabbed his shoulder and laughed.

Kurt Angle: I was just kidding! Come on...we've got a lot of work to do. But when I'm done with you, you're going to be more than ready to take on and win that WWE Title. Oh it's true, it's true!

Angle walked back into the gym. Cena hesitating, before finally walking into the gym as well...this lead to...

The Smackdown opening video - now includes Paul London & Spanky in it!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! - That's the sound that the Smackdown! pyro makes! It went off before the camera panned around the crowd. We saw signs such as "Buffet Fears Rikishi", "Where's Torrie?", and "I Paid To See Funaki." We were then sent to ringside where Michael Cole and Tazz where sitting, just like we left them last week!

Michael Cole: SMACKDOWN! is here in UNCASVILLE, CONNECTICUT! And tonight's gonna be an action packed show...there's only two matches we know for sure will happen tonight, because Stephanie McMahon has an announcement concerning the others we'll see!

Tazz: I wonder what Steph has in store for us Cole?

Michael Cole: It could be ANYTHING! But we do know that tonight John Cena has to take on Big Show and A-Train BY HIMSELF!

Tazz: Cena must be crazy!

Michael Cole: Well, as you saw at the top of the show...after last week, John Cena has taken Kurt Angle up on his offer to get him prepared for his Rumble WWE Title match against Brock Lesnar. Well, this match was actually set up by Kurt Angle as part of Cena's training!

Tazz: That's brutal, Cole! How can any man beat those two?

Michael Cole: It will be a difficult task...we'll have to wait and see if John Cena will be able to pass the test. The other match we know will take place tonight is Rey Mysterio taking on his Royal Rumble opponent and Cruiserweight Chamion Tajiri's henchman, Akio! It should be some high-paced and exciting action!

The Rumble Unfolds

"All Grown Up" hit the PA system. The fans gave Stephanie McMahon a warm ovation as she walked out in business shirt/skirt. She was carrying a clipboard with papers on it. The paper on top could be seen as having the Smackdown! logo on it. She climbed into the ring and was handed the microphone as her music came to a close.

Stephanie McMahon: Thank you! Last week, I was sitting in my office considering every possible solution to who will be in the Royal Rumble for Smackdown. It is important to me that Smackdown wins the Royal Rumble just like we did last year. Eric Bischoff has already put out a pretty good line-up, and I know I have to answer with an EVEN BETTER line-up. However, with so many good talents wanting in...there's a huge logjam of people wanting to be in the Rumble.

Stephanie stopped as she looked down at the clipboard.

Stephanie McMahon: Kurt Angle...Chris Benoit...Hardcore Holly...Big Show...A-Train...Rey Mysterio...and Eddie Guerrero. All are very capable of winning the Royal Rumble, which is why they were entered first. Foley and Bischoff think they are going to outdo Smackdown and bring in mystery entrees? I can do that too! Because I just got off the phone with a couple people and I have lined up a big mystery entrant for Smackdown!! I also noticed Bischoff wanted to increase his chances by putting champions in the Rumble. Well...I can do that too. Because I have added Tajiri to the Rumble as well! Now I wish I could put both members of World's Greatest Tag Team in...but I can't, but this leads me to what tonight is ALL about. With a few spots still left in the Rumble and too many wrestlers left to feel those spots...they're going to have to WRESTLE they're way in! Because on Smackdown! - agressive competition is what we're all about!

Stephanie paused as the crowd gave a mediocre pop.

Stephanie McMahon: So tonight, Shelton Benjamin will take on his tag partner, Charlie Haas with the winner going to the Rumble! Except, to make things a little more interesting...Eddie Guerrero will be the guest referee!

This got a decent size pop from the crowd.

Stephanie McMahon: Tonight we will also see, Rikishi vs. Kanyon; London and Spanky vs. The F.B.I; and Rhyno vs. Jamie Noble - all for that highly valued spot in the Royal Rumble. Let the games begin!

The fans cheered as Stephanie handed the microphone back and her music hit the PA system again.

Michael Cole: What a line-up! This will be one competitive night Tazz!

Tazz: No doubt Cole, no doubt.

JVC Extreme Blast of the Night by JVC Kaboom Box

Sean O'Haire climbed into the ring as the ref raised Shannon Moore's hand in victory. Kanyon had crawled to the corner where he tried to come back to his senses. Moore looked to O'Haire for approval on the victory, but O'Haire had his attention turned to Chris Kanyon. Kanyon stared back up at O'Haire with an extremely confused look on his face as O'Haire just smirked and rubbed his chin.

Michael Cole: Sean O'Haire is a very deranged individual...

Shannon Moore tugged on O'Haire's arm in an attempt to gain his attention, but this just angered O'Haire, who turned around, lifted Moore up, and gave him the Cruel Intentions. Kanyon was perplexed as he watched O'Haire lay out his own...well, whatever Moore was to O'Haire. O'Haire looked back over to Kanyon, but Kanyon slid out of the ring and headed up the ramp. O'Haire shook his head before pulling Moore back up and carrying him out of the ring much like he did last week.

Tazz: This has even me confused Cole...

Royal Rumble Qualification Match

Rikishi vs. Chris Kanyon

As expected with a match involving Rikishi, it wasn't very good. Even Kanyon's selling of Rikishi's offense couldn't make it a decent match. But the fans were really into Rikishi as usual, so I guess that made it worth it. Rikishi tossed Kanyon around the ring like a ragdoll for most of the match until Sean O'Haire and Shannon Moore walked out onto the stage. Kanyon used a low blow to slow the big man down. He then took Rikishi off his feet with a swinging neckbreaker. Kanyon began laying the boots to the Kish. Kanyon stepped over and applied a camel clutch. The ref checked on Rikishi, but he slowly began to power back up to his feet. He ran backwards with Kanyon on his back and sandwiched him in the corner. Kanyon stumbled out of the corner into a standing side kick from Rikishi that sent Kanyon down into a seated position in the corner!

The fans liked what they saw coming as Rikishi began to slap his big rear. Suddenly, Shannon Moore hopped up onto the apron - distracting the ref. Sean O'Haire climbed into the ring and caught Rikishi from behind with a kick to the groin. He turned the Kish around and lifted him up...hitting him with the Cruel Intentions. O'Haire slid back out of the ring as Moore jumped down off the apron. The ref turned around to see Rikishi and Kanyon both down. He began the mandatory ten count. One...Two...Three...Four...both men started to show signs of life....Five....Six....Seven...Kanyon used the ropes to pull himself up. Rikishi also stumbled to his feet, but Kanyon grabbed him and dropped him with the Flatliner. He rolled over onto Rikishi for the pin. One, Two, Three.

Winner - Chris Kanyon

Overall: 75

Crowd: 78

Match: 69

-Kanyon gained overness-

O'Haire and Moore headed back up the ramp as Kanyon spotted them and a confused look crossed his face as he stared at O'Haire from the ring. He looked down at Rikishi, then back up at O'Haire and shook his head before climbing out of the ring...

The Training Session Part 1

The screen cut back to the gym where John Cena and Kurt Angle were located at for the training. Cena was busy bench pressing while Kurt Angle was spotting for him and shouting motivational slurs at the Doctor of Thuganomics.

Kurt Angle: Come on John! You've got to be in the best shape of your life to become the WWE Champion!

Cena muscled the bar back up and Angle placed it back in its holds. Cena sat up on the beanch and wiped some sweat from his brow. He smirked as he snapped his fingers.

John Cena: Shoooot, please Kurt. This is baby stuff...I'm barely sweatin' here. You call this you're big training session. Paaahlease!

Kurt Angle just smiled at Cena's comment.

Kurt Angle: I'm glad you think it's easy because we've got ALOT left to do!

John Cena: Bring it on dude. This ain't nothin'!

Kurt Angle: Good, then we can move on...

Angle reaches down and pulls a jump rope from off screen. He handed it to Cena as he stood up from the bench. Cena stared at Angle...

John Cena: Jump rope? JUMP ROPE?! You've got ta be kiddin' me!

Kurt Angle: Are you doubting an Olympic Gold medalist on how to train? I think I know a thing or two about training for big matches! This is going to help you to be quicker and more explosive. So get to jumpin'!

Cena rolled his eyes and headed over to a clear spot of the gym where he would have room and began his rope jumping...

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Smackdown! Tonight we're finding out who will be representing Smackdown! in the Royal Rumble! We've already had won qualifying match...

Tazz: Kanyon beat Rikishi with more than a little help from Sean O'Haire. O'Haire continues to confuse everyone...

Michael Cole: I'm not sure what his intentions are...

The theme music of the Full Blooded Itallians began to play over the PA system. The fans gave them a little bit of heel heat as Nunzio led Chuck Palumbo and Johnny Stamboli out and down to the ring. Stamboli and Palumbo entered the ring while Nunzio went around and sat down at the announce booth next to Tazz.

Tazz: Hey, look Cole! It's Nunzio!

Michael Cole: Wonderful...

Nunzio: Ey! What da matta Cole?

Tazz: Hey Nunzio, it seems like the FBI has had some issues with Spanky and Paul London lately...

Nunzio: You damn right! Those two punks owe us some money and they just don't want to pay up! But if they aren't gonna pay us the money, then we'll have to take something else...they're spot in the Royal Rumble!

Spanky & Paul London vs. The Full Blooded Itallians (Stamboli & Palumbo w/Nunzio)

Really good match with London & Spanky showing off their great skills against a not quite as talented team of Stamboli & Palumbo. But Stamboli and Palumbo seemed to work pretty well against the two smaller men, allowing them to show off their power against them. London and Stamboli started things off. London immediately used his speed to catch Stamboli off gaurd, hitting him with quick dropkicks to his legs to send him to the mat. London continued the quick assault, until Stamboli caught London coming off the ropes and hit him with a sideslam. Stamboli brought in Palumbo and they hit a double backdrop to London. Palumbo then showed off his stiff right hands against London until London hit a quick dropsault to Palumbo then made the tag to Spanky.

Spanky came into the ring with a springboard swinging DDT onto Palumbo! Spanky immediately went for the pin. One, Two, Stamboli broke it up. Spanky was back up and began hitting several kicks to Palumbo's back, then came off the ropes and hit a seated dropkick to Palumbo's face as he tried to get up. Spanky's offense would come to an end however, when Palumbo caught Spanky and hit him with a belly-to-belly suplex. Palumbo and Stamboli would take over from here and use the usual heel tactics to keep Spanky down and prevent him from making the hot tag...thus making Spanky your FACE IN PERIL! Stamboli held Spanky in the corner while Palumbo began laying the punches to him. To finish things off in the corner, Palumbo reared back and spit on his fist before going for a big stiff right hand, but Spanky escaped the corner and Palumbo nailed Stamboli with the "Spit" Punch! Spanky quickly made it over and tagged in the fresh London!

Stamboli was down on the apron, but Palumbo went running torwards London. London had climbed onto the turnbuckle and came down onto Palumbo with the Frog Splash Body Press onto Palumbo! One, Two, Thr...kickout! Stamboli came into the ring and went after London, but London hit the dropsault to him...and even landed on Palumbo with the moonsault portion of the move! One, Two, Palumbo kicked out again. Stamboli was stumbling back to his feet, but Palumbo bounced off the ropes and took him back down with a spinning heel kick! London began to pull Stamboli up, but Palumbo nailed London from behind. He turned London around and hit him with a big vertical suplex. Spanky came running in after Palumbo, but Stamboli leveled him with a clothesline.

Palumbo pulled London up and sent him into the ropes as Stamboli pulled Spanky up and set him up for a powerbomb. Palumbo went for a backdrop, but London rolled over Palumbo's back! Palumbo turned around into a kick to the midsection from London and then he hit Palumbo with a Tornado DDT! Meanwhile, Stamboli lifted Spanky up and went for a running powerbomb, but Spanky countered and turned it into a hurricanrana that sent Stamboli over the top rope to the floor. This brought Nunzio up from the announce booth and heading for the ring. Nunzio came into the ring looking for a springboard cross body onto London, but London moved and Nunzio took out Palumbo! Spanky grabbed Nunzio as he got up and hit him with the Sliced Bread #2! Palumbo began to stumble to his feet as Spanky came over. Spanky hooked Palumbo...and he and London nailed Palumbo with the STO/Enziguri combo. London made the cover. One, Two, Three.

Winners - Spanky & London

Overall: 76

Crowd: 67

Match: 86

Spanky and Paul London left the ring in a hurry in celebration as Nunzio was left furious in the ring with Stamboli and Palumbo struggling to get to their feet.

Unleash The Dark Side

The screen switched to backstage where Sean O'Haire was talking to Shannon Moore about something. Suddenly, an irate Chris Kanyon barged into the locker room and pulled O'Haire away from Moore.

Chris Kanyon: What the Hell were you doing out there? I had everything under control! I NEVER ASKED FOR YOUR HELP!

Sean O'Haire: And I never said you did...

Chris Kanyon: ...Then what the Hell was that all about? I don't want your help!

Sean O'Haire: Chris...Chris...Chris...that's not the point. It isn't about what you WANT. It's about what you NEED.

Chris Kanyon: What the? Dude, you're...weird. Listen, don't let it...

Sean O'Haire: Weird? You should know all about being weird. Have we forgotten our own past Chris?

Chris Kanyon: .....What are you talking about?

Sean O'Haire: Don't play dumb, Chris. You may not want me, but you do need me. You've spent the last few months doing what exactly? Losing on Velocity week in and week out. Face it Chris...you need more more than you can possibly imagine.

Chris Kanyon: So what, maybe I have lost a few matches...

Sean O'Haire: You're a former UNITED STATES champion! You were the MVP of the Alliance! Now what is your claim to fame?

Chris Kanyon: It isn't always about winning and losing, as long as I can go out there and put on a good show for the fans. THAT'S all that matters to me!

Sean O'Haire: Fans? The Fans? Listen to yourself! Those fans don't give a damn about you! When you were FIGHTING for your life in a hospital room, did the FANS do anything for you?? Nope. When you had a career threatening injury, did the fans care about you? Nope. They forgot you even existed! The fans should be the least of your worries.

Kanyon's anger slowly faded away as he began to ponder what O'Haire had said...

Chris Kanyon: ....But...what can YOU do about it?

Sean O'Haire: What can I do? You have no idea. Just look at Shannon. Before me, he was nothing. He specialized in losing, much like yourself lately. All you have to do is follow me...walk with me...and all will become clear.

The screen faded out to commercials as Kanyon was left considering O'Haire's words. (64%)

Rey Mysterio vs. Akio (w/Kyo Dai)

Excellent match up between the two high flyers as they showed off their skills. They went back and forth the entire way as Tajiri and Sakoda tried to interfere against Rey several times. Akio eventually would sent Rey into the ropes and went for a tilt-a-whirl slam, but Rey reversed it into a tilt-a-whirl headscissors. Both men rolled back to their feet, Akio a little slower than Rey. Rey hit Akio with a few forearm shots before throwing him into the ropes. Akio ducked a clothesline attempt and then sent Rey to the mat with a dropkick. Akio pulled Rey up and sent him back down with a snap suplex. Akio went for a quick pin. One, Two, kickout. Akio pulled Rey up and then sent him into the turnbuckle. Akio hit Rey with the corner backflip kick to Rey. Rey fell out of the corner to the mat. Akio rolled him over and went for the pin. One, Two, kickout.

Akio pulled Rey up and went for a powerbomb, but Rey reversed it into a rana. Both rolled back to their feet, but Mysterio sent Akio out of the ring with a dropkick. Tajiri and Sakoda began helping Akio up, but as they did...Rey bounced off the ropes and leaped over the ropes with a plancha onto all three men! Rey was up first and grabbed Akio, sending him into the ring. Rey climbed up onto the apron and waited as Akio began to stumble to his feet - Rey was measuring him up for the West Coast Pop. However, Tajiri was back up and grabbed Rey by his feet, pulling him off the apron so that Rey's head smacked the apron. He rolled Rey into the ring, but the ref came over and yelled at him and Sakoda. The ref forced Kyo Dai to leave the ringside area!

Akio was back up as Kyo Dai was leaving...he argued with the ref about it while Rey began to get up. Akio turned and gave Rey a kick to the midsection. This time Akio was able to pull off the sitdown powerbomb to Rey. One, Two, Thre...he just barely got his shoulder up. Akio dropped an elbow onto Rey before climbing to the top turnbuckle. Before he could go for the move he wanted, Rey leaped to his feet and shook the ropes - sending Akio down across the top turnbuckle. Rey climbed up with him and they began to exchange rights and lefts on the top rope until Rey was able to come off the top with Akio with a bulldog off the top! Both men were down!

The ref began the ten count and at 8, Rey was able to pull himself over to cover Akio. One, Two, Thre....shoulder up! Rey slowly got up and pulled Akio with him. However, Akio fought Rey off and then ran to the ropes. Coming back off the ropes, Rey caught Akio with a drop toe hold across the top turnbuckle! The crowd saw what was coming and the crowd actually showed some life for the first time in the matc has he hit the 6-1-9 to Akio! Akio bounced backwards and popped back up to his feet groggily. Rey springboarded into the ring, hitting the West Coast Pop to Akio. One, Two, Three.

Winner - Rey Mysterio

Overall: 81

Crowd: 68

Match: 94

Michael Cole: Rey Mysterio has one-upped Kyo Dai this week...can his luck continue as he heads towards Royal Rumble?

Training Session Part 2

Back to the Cena Training Session. Now they have taken it to the indoor track where Cena and Angle are running the track side by side with Angle once again being the motivational force behind Cena.

Kurt Angle: Feel the burn! Can you feel it?!

John Cena: short of breath ...You're...about to feel...da burn...if you don't get...up out my face! Just...let me......run!

Kurt Angle: Come on John, keep your eyes on the gold!

Cena and Angle crossed the start/finish line...

John Cena: That's 200 laps!

Kurt Angle: Alright! Just 300 more to go!

Cena stopped and gave Angle another stare as he doubled over grabbing his own knees.

John Cena: SAY WHAT?!

Kurt Angle: That's right! No time for resting!

John Cena: ........300.....more....laps?!

Kurt Angle: What's the matter Cena? I thought this was EASY! Come on! Hustle! Hustle!

Angle started running again as Cena shook his head in frustration before he too started a brisk run right after Angle...

Michael Cole: So far Kanyon, Paul London, and Spanky have all made it to the Royal Rumble to join those already entered. There's still places left, and the spots left will decrease by oen after our next match!

Jamie Noble (w/o Nidia) vs. Rhyno

Decent match which saw Rhyno use his power to take control of the match. Jamie Noble was without Nidia at the start of the match as he of course was hoping she wouldn't be there to distract him. However, once again she would make her prescense known as she has a lot lately. While Rhyno had Noble in the corner and was driving several shoulderthrusts into Noble's ribs, Nidia made her way out onto the stage - cane in hand. She began to make her way down the ramp as Rhyno pulled Noble out of the corner, but Noble gave Rhyno a kick to the midsection, then dropped Rhyno with a DDT! He rolled Rhyno over and went for the pin. One, Two, Rhyno powered out. Noble began to use his speed to keep Rhyno off his feet until Noble noticed Nidia had made her way to ringside. He immediately yelled at her to leave, but as he was - Rhyno got back up.

Rhyno grabbed Noble from behind and folded him up with a back suplex. Rhyno gave a sadistic smile as he saw Nidia at ringside. He rolled out and approached her. He snatched her cane from her and tossed it away. Rhyno grabbed Nidia and rolled her into the ring. She crawled to the corner and frantically began trying to get up...but as she did, Rhyno had entered and was measuring her up...Nidia was back up and Rhyno went for the Gore - but Noble threw himself in the way and took a huge Gore from Rhyno! Nidia cowered in the corner as Rhyno shrugged his shoulders and made the pin on Noble. One, Two, Three!

Winner - Rhyno

Overall: 77

Crowd: 73

Match: 81

Michael Cole: Nidia just cost Jamie Noble ANOTHER match!

Tazz: It's obvious what she needs Cole....she needs to learn her place!

Rhyno left the ring victorious as Nidia fumbled her way over to her fallen man...

Referee Heat

Backstage, Eddie Guerrero was busy slipping on a referee stripped shirt. He checked himself out in the mirror.

Eddie Guerrero: Odalay! You're lookin' good Eddie in these stripes! The ladies love a guy in uniform! Especially when they have Latino Heat!

As Eddie Guerrero was complimenting himself, Chavo hobbled into the locker room on his crutches. Chavo did not seem too happy.

Chavo Guerrero: I hope you're enjoyin' yourself.

Eddie turned around to see Chavo...

Eddie Guerrero: Chavito! What do you think essa? Does the stripes fit me?

Chavo Guerrero: Yeah, sure. But Eddie, exactly WHEN did you plan to tell me I wasn't in the Royal Rumble.

Eddie Guerrero: Oh..well about that Chavito, you see, I tried my hardest - but Stephanie...you know essa, she just couldn't make room. I'm sorry Chavito. But HEY, we're still gonna get our tag belts back!

Chavo Guerrero: Yeah...that's great...

Eddie Guerrero: Chavito...I said I was sorry hommes, you got ta forgive me. I wanted you to be in the Rumble, you know that!

Chavo Guerrero: Yeah...I know Eddie, it's alright. I mean, I guess I would be a sittin' duck anyway with this leg. So, don't worry about it!

Eddie Guerrero: That's the spirit Chavito! Now sit back and kick up your feet while I go do some real Latino officiating!

Chavo and Eddie both laughed before Eddie left the locker room. As soon as Eddie left, Chavo's smile disappeared and a look of dejection crossed his face... (83%)

-Chavo Guerrero gained overness-

Training Session Part 3

Back to the gym with Angle and Cena. Cena his on the floor doing push-ups now as Angle counted and coached on above him. Cena's shirt, pants, and entire body were all now drenched in sweat. Cena struggled out a couple more push-ups before he collapsed to the floor.

Kurt Angle: What?! What do you think you're doing?! Get up! You still got 234 more to go!

Cena just groaned in response.

Kurt Angle: Some thug you are! Can't take a little pain?

John Cena: ...Yo...Kurt...come on dude....I've been goin' nonstop....all....day. Let's...take a little break...

Angle immediately got down on the floor and got right up behind Cena's head...

Kurt Angle: A little break? A LITTLE BREAK?! You think Brock Lesnar will take a LITTLE BREAK in your match against him at Royal Rumble? LITTLE BREAKS are not going to get you the WWE Title. Just think back to when Brock Lesnar broke your leg and put you out of action just about a year ago. He didn't give you a LITTLE BREAK then did he...well...hahaha...I guess he did...BUT that's not the point! If you want that belt around YOUR waist, you need to pick your ass up off this floor and show me the DESIRE! Cuz right now, I'm not seeing the INTENSITY needed to win!

Cena turned his head over to look Angle in the eye. Cena sneered before pulling himself back up...

Kurt Angle: Good! Now, since you just had a LITTLE BREAK, you start over! 1!

Cena breathed heavily and continued to sneer as he began doing push-ups once again.... (94%)

-John Cena gained overness-

Michael Cole: Angle is really putting it to Cena with that training session..

Tazz: He's going all out to make sure Lesnar doesn't retain! I hope it's enough.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Charlie Haas - Eddie Guerrero special guest referee

This was a GREAT match! The fans apparantly couldn't give a damn about it though because I guess they didn't like the fact that they weren't able to decide who to cheer for. Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas came out seperately to their music before Eddie Guerrero came out in the usual low rider. Guerrero was sporting a ref shirt in typical guest ref style. Both Benjamin and Haas were reluctant to be in the match and they eyed Guerrero suspiciously. This was a technical masterpiece as both men went back and forth the entire way. Guerrero didn't take sides...instead he took cheapshots at both men whenever available. Benjamin spent the match working on Haas' knees using chopblocks, leglocks, and driving Charlie's knee into the mat several times. Eventually he locked on a Figure Four to Haas right in the middle of the ring. Guerrero came over and checked on Haas, but when he checked, Haas didn't want to give in...he was fighting the pain and trying to escape the hold.

Guerrero walked off and began talking to a female photograph at ringside...and suddenly Haas began tapping out! While Guerrero was busy demonstrating Latino Heat, Benjamin had the match won! An upset Benjamin released the hold and went over to Guerrero. He turned Guerrero around and shoved him. He began pleading his case to Guerrero, but Eddie wasn't impressed. He just turned hias back to Benjamin and started talking to the photographer again, but this time Benjamin used more force when turning Eddie around, and Eddie responded by nailing Benjamin with a right hand. Benjamin stumbled back into a roll up from Haas. Guerrero slowly sauntered over, got down onto his knees...and began to make the count....One...Benjamin kicked out. Haas got up and it was his turn to get in Eddie's face, but as he did, Benjamin took out Haas' knee from behind.

Benjamin hit a kneedrop to Haas' knee several times before applying another Figure Four. Benjamin began yelling at Eddie to make the call this time, but Eddie just laughed at him..and climbed to the top turnbuckle! Eddie came off with the Frog Splash to Benjamin! Eddie got up to his feet and saw that even through the Frog Splash, the Figure Four was still applied, but Benjamin's shoulders were down as Haas was on his arms trying to escape the hold. Guerrero flashed a smile and made the count! One, Two, Three!

Winner - Charlie Haas

Overall: 76

Crowd: 52

Match: 100

As Charlie Haas pulled himself from the hold he went after Eddie, but Eddie left the ring smiling. Haas helped his partner up as Eddie hopped into the low rider and started backing out...

Team Lesnar's Domination

We came back from commercials to find Josh Matthews standing by with Brock Lesnar backstage. Lesnar had the WWE Title around his shoulder.

Josh Matthews: Brock, up next, your Royal Rumble opponent John Cena will be taking on Big Show AND A-Train in a handi-cap match! And it wasn't even your idea! What do you think?

Brock Lesnar: I just want to thank Kurt Angle for setting Cena up to be CRUSHED by Team Lesnar. They both must have lost their mind! Big Show and A-Train will destroy Cena and I'll finish whatever is left of him off at the Rumble. It's as simple as that!

Josh Matthews: Speaking of the Royal Rumble, as the Champion, who would you like to see walk out of the Royal Rumble with a shot at that belt.

Brock Lesnar: You think I really care? It could be ANYONE! It doesn't matter who wins, but I'd say a member of Team Lesnar will win. Because their size and power will give them a distinct advantage when it comes to throwing people out. But, like I said, it really doesn't matter because no matter who wins...I will go on to Wrestlemania to beat them too! There isn't ANYONE in the Royal Rumble who I am afraid of...

The camera's view expanded to show Chris Benoit standing behind Josh Matthews. Lesnar stared at him as Matthews acknowledged Benoit's prescense.

Chris Benoit: Anyone?

Brock Lesnar: ....You heard me! Before he left, Paul Heyman made it clear that you would NEVER get a shot at this belt! And I am going to make sure that you never do!

Chris Benoit: Brock, you may be tough with your whole group of goons around you, but right now you're ALL by yourself. And over the past few weeks you and Team Lesnar have been using strength in numbers to dominate Smackdown...well Brock...payback's a bitch!

From out of nowhere, Hardcore Holly came into the screen - nailing Lesnar in the back with a chair! Josh Matthews immediately high-tailed it out of there has Benoit hit Lesnar with a few right hands before throwing him into the wall head first. Lesnar tried to stumble back up to his feet, but when he turned around, Lesnar laid him back out with a chairshot to the head. Benoit stood over Lesnar...

Chris Benoit: It don't feel so good when you're on the receiving end, does it Brock?! Smackdown isn't Team Lesnar's show! And that title won't be yours much longer!

Benoit spit on Lesnar before he and Hardcore Holly left as Matt Morgan and Nathan Jones came running onto the screen to help their fallen leader. Screen switched back to the ring. (73%)

-Brock Lesnar & Chris Benoit lost overness-

"Medal" hit the PA System bringing the crowd to their feet in a loud ovation. Kurt Angle came out onto the stage and lifted his arms up in the air as his pyro went off behind him. He made his way all the way down to the ring and took a seat at ringside.

Michael Cole: Welcome Kurt!

Kurt Angle: Hey, hey! What's up guys.

Tazz: Gettin' ready for this very one-sided looking main event. What's up with you lining this match up?

Kurt Angle: Cena's gotta be tough when he faces Brock Lesnar. And I can think of nothing better to make him tougher than putting him up against two of the toughest members of Team Lesnar.

Michael Cole: Are you sure your not sending Cena to his death? I mean this is suicide!

Kurt Angle: Don't worry Cole, he can handle himself.

"Word Life" hit the PA system and John Cena walked out onto the stage with a huge reaction as well. He entered the ring, and didn't go for the microphone like he usually would.

Tazz: What? No rap? I was looking forward to it..

Kurt Angle: He needs to be completely focused on the match...there won't be a rap tonight, I'm afraid.

Tazz: Well...dang...

Handi-Cap Match - Main Event

John Cena vs. Big Show & A-Train

A-Train started the match off for his team against Cena. Cena started off on fire as he took control of A-Train early. A-Train found himself on the receiving end of some tough brawling from Cena. Cena went for an early F-U to A-Train, but Big Show came in and gave a big kick to Cena's back, sending him to the mat. A-Train got up and tagged Show in. Big Show came in and began taking control of Cena. After a few minutes of Big Show really taking it to Cena, he lifted Cena up and dropped him with a big Gorilla Press slam. Big Show then came off the ropes and dropped his huge leg across Cena's chest. Big Show went for the pin. One, Two, Cena kicked out. Big Show pulled Cena up and pulled him to the corner where he tagged A-Train in. They sent Cena int othe ropes and hit him with a double big boot to the face. Big Show left the ring as A-Train grabbed Cena by the throat and lifted him up into a choke lift. The ref gave A-Train a five count before forcing him to let go.

A-Train pounded on Cena a little more before he tossed Cena through the ropes to ringside. A-Train grabbed the ref to distract him as Big Show pulled Cena up at ringside and went to do some more damage, but Cena blocked a punch and then threw Big Show head first into the ring post! Cena grabbed his chain! Big Show stumbled back around and Cena leveled him with the a chainshot to the face! Big Show went down to the mat! Cena climbed onto him and gave him several more shots with the chain before dropping it and rolling back into the ring! The ref hadn't noticed due to A-Train's distraction! Kurt Angle commented on how smart it was of Cena to take Big Show out, making this a normal one-on-one match now!

A-Train swung a wild right hand at Cena, but Cena ducked. Cena did the "You Can't See Me" hand signal as A-Train turned around. Cena sent A-Train to the mat with a dropkick. Cena got up and bounced off the ropes, then doing his shuffle into a fistdrop. A-Train began to stumble to his feet as Cena climbed to the top turnbuckle. As A-Train was getting up, Cena came off the top and drove his elbow down into the back of A-Train's neck. Cena went for the pin. One, Two, kickout. Cena waited as A-Train used his own energy to get up...Cena bounced off the ropes and came at A-Train, but A-Train hit Cena with a bicycle kick! A-Train then hit a big splash onto Cena - going for the pin. One, Two, Thre....kickout.

Cena began to pull himself up, but A-Train was measuring him up. A-Train grabbed Cena and was going for the DeRailer, but Cena blocked it with a knee to the midsection. A-Train doubled over and Cena took him to the mat with the Throwback! Cena went for the pin. One, Two, Thre...kickout. A-Train stumbled to his feet once more, but this time into a kick to the midsection from John Cena. A-Train doubled over and...got the big F-U! An exhausted Cena made the pin...One, Two, Three!

Winner - John Cena

Overall: 78

Crowd: 82

Match: 69

-Big Show lost overness-

Michael Cole: John Cena overcame the odds!

Kurt Angle: See! What did I tell ya, I knew he could do it. He's almost ready...just a little more training to be done and I think he'll be leaving Royal Rumble as the NEW WWE Champion!

"Word Life" played over the PA system as the ref lifted John Cena's hand in the air in victory. Kurt Angle left the announce position and climbed into the ring. Angle gave Cena a round of applause before lifting Cena's arm up as well. The WWE copyright logo appeared at the bottom of the screen as Cena and Angle celebrated in the ring. Screen faded out.

End Show.

Quick Results

Chris Kanyon def. Rikishi

Paul London & Spanky def. The F.B.I.

Rey Mysterio def. Akio

Rhyno def. Jamie Noble

Charlie Haas def. Shelton Benjamin

John Cena def. Big Show & A-Train

Highlight of the Night - The Angle/Cena training segments (94%)

Match of the Night - Charlie Haas vs. Shelton Benjamin (100)

Flop of the Night - Crowd Rating for Haas/Benjamin (52)

411mania.com

Live Report from Smackdown! Tapings

Sent in by 411 Reader: Josh Dillard

Hey yo! I was in live attendance of the Smackdown tapings tonight from Uncasville, Connecticut. The show was really off the hook tonight! The arena was about 90% full tonight. They really threw some great in ring matches at us tonight with FBI/London & Spanky, Mysterio/Akio, and Benjamin/Haas. The main event handi-cap match may not have been a great match, but the crowd loved it and the crowd got solidly behind Cena. After the cameras stopped rolling, Cena & Angle continued to celebrate until Big Show and A-Train had revived and they got back into the ring. They caught Angle and Cena from behind, but Cena and Angle began to fight back until Matt Morgan and Nathan Jones came out to help. However, Chris Benoit and Hardcore Holly made the save. They continued brawling until the faces cleared the ring.

Dark Matches

Nova def. Arch Kincaid

Velocity Tapings

Shannon Moore def. Funaki

-Decent match with Moore winning by using the ropes for leverage.

Matt Morgan & Nathan Jones def. The Cat & Orlando Jordan

-The big REMATCH everyone had been waiting for from last week's Smackdown. Cat and Jordan got a little more offense this time as it was an actual match this time...but the outcome was the same.

Tajiri def. Ultimo Dragon

-Non-Title match that was pretty good match, kinda short. Tajiri won with the kick of death.

Sean O'Haire def. Bradshaw

-This was another Royal Rumble qualifying match. Not a great match, but O'Haire won with the Cruel Intentions to Bradshaw.

Biggest Pops

1. Kurt Angle

2. John Cena

3. Eddie Guerrero

4. Stephanie McMahon

5. Chris Benoit

Most Heat

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Big Show

3. A-Train

4. Rhyno

5. WGTT

-Widro

411mania.com

WWE News - Jericho, Shawn Michaels, Matt Hardy, etc.

-There were two notable absences from this week's Raw. Chris Jericho was kept off of TV to sell last week's chairshot from Christian. Its not usual that a chairshot does something like that, but WWE wanted to stress the brutality of the shot and hopefully add some fire to the Jericho/Trish/Lita/Christian storyline. Jericho will return next week and will be in the Rumble.

-The other notable absence was Shawn Michaels. He had a family emergency to attend to and thus was given the night off. He will return to TV next week as well.

-Matt Hardy has gotten some heat backstage for his comments on HBK's strong religious beliefs from Raw. Many feel that it was unneeded and crossed a line. It is unknown if Hardy will be punished or not.

-WWE has signed another new talent to a one year developmental deal for OVW. This time it is a relative unknown to the wrestling scene by the name of Lex Armstrong, no relation to the famous Armstrong wrestling family.

-Ashish

• 1 year later...