WWF 1993

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Guest blueblood

Youre Pure Review Done By blueblood

Part 1

Backstory, layout etc...

You had a great backstory. Honestly one of the best I have seen. Very creative and your backstory alone kept be interested. I also like how you didn't stuff everything in one post but instead you spread it out. That made for a great layout IMO. The one you did your Roster was outstanding. The whole news article idea is great for the results. But your roster blew me away man. I can tell that you put a lot of effort until your backstory and roster alone. Great job man. And your news articles sound exactly like a wrestling news article. Like when you make corny jokes and such.

Part 2

Results etc...

I like your result write-ups besides the fact that they sound like a real article. I like them because they're quick to read which I like. At the same time however I can tell that you put a lot into it. Another thing is your angles. They're well written IMO, not the best but well written. Your interviews are good for it being a wrestling article.

Part 3

Misc etc...

News and Rumors is a nice addition along with the Superstars recap and the WWF: NE show recap. I also like how you added the mailbag. Good job and you're really being original man. Also, I can tell that you are really enjoying yourself meaning great dedication, which is always a plus. Stay dedicated man and this can be one of the best diaries on the board.

Part 4

My Comments etc...

Like I said. Overall great diary man. If you have Baby Hewey replying a lot it's a good diary trust me. And just if your wondering if I'll be reading your diary again after this. Probably yes, I will. I'll probably read IYH when you post it.

Percentage: 98.9% Almost 100% but not quite. If you continue this diary for along time then one day this diary WILL be 100%. Good job ryan_the_canuck.

Enjoy!

WWF Championship: Bret Hart vs. Lex Luger

Hulk Hogan vs. British Bulldog

Intercontinental Championship: Mr. Perfect vs. Shawn Michaels

Tag Team Championships: Steiner Brothers vs. Money Inc.

Marty Jannetty vs. Jerry Lawler

The Undertaker vs. 'Chilling' Charles Wright

Tatanka vs. Razor Ramon

1) Was last week the first time that 'Chilling' Charles Wright attacked the Undertaker? No.

2) Will we learn any more about Legendfest? Yes.

3) What will be the first match of the show? Tatanka vs. Razor

4) Will Yokozuna make an appearance? No.

5) What match will get the best overall rating? Steiners-Money Inc.

WWF Championship: Bret Hart vs. Lex Luger

Winner: Bret, continues his moment and please don't put the strap on Luger

Hulk Hogan vs. British Bulldog

Winner: Hogan, Hogan won't job and he would only lose at a mega PPV like Wrestlemania

Intercontinental Championship: Mr. Perfect vs. Shawn Michaels

Winner: Michaels, he squeaks one out

Tag Team Championships: Steiner Brothers vs. Money Inc.

Winners: Steiners, sets up fonal bout at Wrestlemania

Marty Jannetty vs. Jerry Lawler

Winner: Lawler

The Undertaker vs. 'Chilling' Charles Wright

Winner: Taker

Tatanka vs. Razor Ramon

Winner: Tatanka

1) Was last week the first time that 'Chilling' Charles Wright attacked the Undertaker? No.

2) Will we learn any more about Legendfest? Yes.

3) What will be the first match of the show? Steiners-Money Inc.

4) Will Yokozuna make an appearance? Yes.

5) What match will get the best overall rating? Steiners-Money Inc.

Guest ryan_the_canuck

(Sorry about all the time this took - I got hooked on the Hollywood Mogul demo...)

user posted image

WWF IN YOUR HOUSE Report

February 26, 1993

February 21st was a big day for the World Wrestling Federation. For the first time in the promotion's history, they held a major show between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania. Would it be successful? With the build-up, it seemed like it very well could...as with the Rumble, we had a three-man announce booth of Vince McMahon, Gorilla Monsoon, and Bobby Heenan...who immediately set the stage for the first match.

The opener put Marty Jannetty against Jerry Lawler. Two weeks less one day ago, on Monday Night Raw, Lawler could barely beat Virgil, and challenged Jannetty to a match at this show, where if Lawler lost, he would retire from the active WWF roster. Jannetty enters the ring first, then Lawler...Lawler is hobbling, which should give away the outcome...Lawler finally gets into the ring...Jannetty, pumped up, goes straight for Lawler, who ducks out of the way...this trend continues for a while, with Lawler just avoiding everything...finally, Jannetty shows a sign of fatigue, and Lawler strikes at that moment...his limp magically disappears, and he looks like the Lawler of the 80s (Vince: Who would be evil enough to pretend that time has passed him by? Brain: Jerry Lawler, apparently!)...he picks up Jannetty...SLAM!...picks him up again...SLAM!...picks him up again...OUCH! Jannetty got off a kick to Lawler's head! Lawler is down...Jannetty gets up on the ropes and hits Lawler with a splash! The cover...1...2...no! Both men get up and stare at each other...Lawler with the headlock...both men go crashing to the mat...Jannetty on top...1...2...3! Marty Jannetty has done it! Jerry Lawler has to retire from the World Wrestling Federation! As soon as he figures it out, he is P-I-SSED...he walks to the back, completely ignoring Jannetty, the fans, and Sean Mooney begging him for an interview. Jannetty, on the other hand, stays in the ring, celebrating to his music and the cheers from the crowd. So where do they go from here? The only thing that makes sense to me is to have Lawler take on a managerial role with someone (Bam Bam Bigelow? The Natural Disasters?) and get them to destroy Jannetty...

Match numero doso puts the 72-0 Tatanka against the [record unknown] Razor Ramon. Winner of this match gets an Intercontinental Championship shot at WrestleMania. Mr. Perfect vs. Razor Ramon would be a great match. Well, so would Tatanka vs. Shawn Michaels, but the booking would be next to impossible. I'm going to call an audible and say that this match will have some kind of screwjob ending. Match of equals here..never seen anybody give Tatanka this much trouble...well, the Repo Man, but that was in terms of carriage rather than offense...Razor slams Tatanka into the corner...charges...Tatanka jumps up...Razor rams into the corner...Tatanka gets in a top rope headscissors...that's what I'd call it, at least...Gorilla referred to it as a 'corner-based head hold'...I suppose that would be more descriptive for the blind...Tatanka sends Razor crashing to the mat, and makes the cover...1...2...no! This match is getting both guys over...I could see them in the main event as early as SummerSlam. The two men clinch...HE BIT HIS EAR! HE BIT HOLYFIELD'S EAR!...sorry, that made no sense to any of you...Razor headbutted Tatanka, and they went back to wrestling...Razor going for the splash...Tatanka moved out of the way...Razor faceplanted on the mat...Tatanka with the cover...1...2...3! Tatanka is now 73-0, and is the number one contender for the IC championship. This match went about thirteen minutes, and it was pretty good.

Time for the match that's I'm sure we've ALL been looking forward to...The Undertaker against "I'm not really stalking the Undertaker" 'Chilling' Charles Wright. I was hoping that these two would work together surprisingly well, but that doesn't appear to be the case...they both suck equally. At the urging of Paul Bearer, Taker is showing no mercy for his somewhat smaller opponent, taking out all his frustrations on Wright. Occasionally, Wright will get in a bit of offense, but this is basically a glorified squash match. That only lasts until the 7:22 mark, when a man in a ski mask walks out onto the entranceway...so either Wright was telling the truth, or he's getting someone to cover for him...Taker turns around and locks himself into a staredown with the new stalker...the referee is yelling at Taker to get back to wrestling, and the stalker to leave the ring area...so he doesn't notice Wright hit Taker with some brass knuckles! The Undertaker falls down...Wright with the rollup! 1...2...3! 'Chilling' Charles Wright has just defeated The Undertaker! Taker gets up...and starts running towards the stalker at top speed (about a regular walk for most of us)...TOMBSTONE! The Undertaker has just laid out his stalker for the second time in as many weeks! Going for the unmasking...it's the British Bulldog! The British Bulldog was the one stalking The Undertaker!

Time to put some gold on the line, as the Steiner Brothers take on Money Inc. for the WWF Tag Team Championships...these two teams met at the Royal Rumble, where the Steiners won by DQ. That match was quite solid, and everyone expected this one to be so as well. Unfortunately, it wasn't...something just didn't seem to go right. I blame the Swedish. I'd say the problem with this one was Scott Steiner...he just looked at times like he didn't know what was going on. This match went ten minutes and seventeen seconds, at which point both members of Money Inc. were in the ring, and hit Rick Steiner with a double DDT...but IRS slipped up, and accidentily drilled DiBiase with a stiff left hand! Rick Steiner made the tag, and Scott covered DiBiase, giving the Steiner Brothers the WWF Tag Team Championships!

Time for another lesson in Booking 101...the politically sound Hulk Hogan against the already-used-tonight British Bulldog. Theoretically, the Bulldog should be selling the effects of the Undertaker giving him a tombstone earlier in the night...and that's precisely what happened, as he came out to the ring holding his neck! Hogan met the Bulldog head-on, and sent him crashing towards the ropes...sent him to the floor with a clothesline...went up on the top rope...but Rick Martel and Jake Roberts came out of nowhere, and pushed the Hulkster down, away from the Bulldog! Bob Backlund quickly ran out to make the save, and the ref announced a no contest! Following that announcement, the Bulldog quickly walked to the back under his own power, while Hogan and Backlund continued to brawl with Roberts and Martel! Eventually, a cast of referees and jobbers (I think I see the Warlord! It's gotta be...no, wait, it's just the Brooklyn Brawler.) are able to get the four apart, and send them to the back seperately...this was easily the best Hogan match ever...there wasn't enough time for him to screw anything up.

Now for a match that really oughta be good. Mr. Perfect against Shawn Michaels. WWF Intercontinental Championship on the line. Match starts up, and it's looking like the classic we were expecting. Nearly no rest holds, and some really cool spots...but Mr. Perfect surprises us all and blow up at the seven minute mark...Michaels works a miracle, though, and most of you probably didn't even notice...Michaels goes for his Rocker DDT at this point...makes the cover...1...2...Perfect kicks out. That'll be a problem. Kicking out of the champ's finisher. Mr. Perfect gets back up...now we're at ten minutes. Perfect with a Japanese-style arm takedown of Michaels...Shawn looks like he hit his head hard (ALLITERATION ALERT!) on the mat, doesn't look good. Although they do keep the match going, it's not at the same pace...maybe this would have been a classic, but now it's only average...finish comes at 18:36, when Michaels hits Perfect with a spear. I take it that's his new finisher. After the match, Tatanka comes out to the ring, and a staredown ensues between him and Michaels...Michaels with a cocky smirk on his face...and a head in pain, I'll bet.

And now, it's time for out MAIN EVENT, Bret Hart against Lex Luger for the WWF Championship! And here is...Jack Tunney? The WWF President enters the ring, and signals for a mic. Tunney informs us that nobody has been able to find Earl Hebner to ref the main event. So, instead of doing the sensible thing and using one of the other WWF referees, Tunney asks the crowd if any of them are 'certified professional wrestling referees'. In other words, there's a plant up in the nosebleeds. Lo and behold, a short guy in a striped referee's shirt and an Elvis mask comes out of the crowd, and holds up his 'certificate of authenticity'. Well, you have to give them credit for trying. Even when it fails miserably. Like this. Tunney invites the Elvis impersonator to have the opportunity of a lifetime, a chance to ref a WWF Championship match. He accepts, by nodding.

So, here we go, Bret against Lex, with the King (no, not Jerry Lawler, although he'd be an improvement) as the referee. Luger quickly shoves Bret into the ropes, and knocks him down with a clothesline. Elbowdrop. Attempted legdrop, but the champ moves out of the way. Hitman with the suplex. Very basic stuff here, folks. They lock up. Bret with a headbutt separating them. Luger with an armbar, and Bret sells like a hot dog vendor outside Fenway Park. Luger sends Bret bouncing off the ropes, and hits him with a dropkick...if you're wondering how the Elvis-ref is doing, he's actually not doing that bad a job, other than Bobby Heenan laughing at him (Brain: Look at him, Gorilla! Look at him, McMahon! That prosthetic skin and toupee - you'd think you're looking at Hogan!) Bret with a surprise knee to Luger's midsection, sending him reeling back...and right into the ref! Elvis is going livid! He's stomping all over the place - yelling incomprehensible dialogue...according to Vince McMahon, he's disqualifying Bret Hart, saying that he intentionally knocked Luger into him! Bret Hart is now the one in disbelief, as he is pleading his case to the ref...the ref chooses this as the perfect time to unmask, revealing himself to be Mr. Fuji! The Hitman's eyes widen, and he grabs Mr. Fuji by the collar, threatening a slam...Mr. Fuji starts yelling "No champ! Yokozuna no in building! Yokzouna no in building!"...Bret decides not to hit a defenseless old man, even if he is a former WWF Tag Team Champion, and lets Fuji go.

Here's a novel twist! The WWF left five minutes at the end of the show for a recap...we see Jerry Lawler hobble down to the ring...his 'miraclous comeback'...Jannetty with the pin...Tatanka's top rope headscissors...Tatanka pinning Razor Ramon...'Chilling' Charles Wright hitting The Undertaker with brass knuckles and getting the rollup...the stalker being unmasked as the British Bulldog...the finish to the tag team match...Hulk Hogan clotheslining the British Bulldog and being knocked down by Rick Martel...Hogan, Martel, Backlund and Roberts brawling...Shawn Michaels spearing Mr. Perfect...Jack Tunney announcing that the ref is missing...Elvis coming out of the crowd...Bret knocking Luger into Elvis...Elvis unmasknig as Mr. Fuji...and finally, Bret Hart grabbing Fuji and letting him go.

After the recap, Vince McMahon voiceovers a promo for Monday Night Raw tomorrow night! Apparently, we will see the following:

The NEW WWF Tag Team Champion Steiner Brothers will defend their belts against The Headshrinkers!

Owen Hart will take on Rick Martel!

Shawn Michaels has a message for Tatanka!

Plus appearances by Yokozuna, The Undertaker, Mr. Perfect, and many more!

Edited by ryan_the_canuck

Good show, I liked the screwy ending to Luger/Bret but I can see a rematch happening soon with Bret winning cleanly. Didn't like Razor losing to Pocahontas.... I mean Tatanka but hopefully you'll get something good for Razor to do at Wrestlemania. Hmm Michaels using a spear? I can see it working maybe.... Hell Edge uses a spear and he's just a bit bigger than Michaels. Never woulda guessed Bulldog as the stalker. I thought it would have been someone like Piper or something. Undertaker/Bulldog should be good. The rest of the show was enjoyable. The Steiners' win was great as well as Hogan not getting a real match :D Solid show Ryan keep up the great work

Guest ryan_the_canuck

user posted image

WWF Monday Night Raw Report Report

February 26, 1993

One night after the In Your House atrocity (whole show just didn't feel right), the WWF looked to rebound with a stellar episode of Monday Night Raw. Vince and Gorilla welcomed us to the show...

Kamala was the first wrestler out tonight, even getting his own entrance. Fans cheered for him...he actually wore a shirt to the ring. He takes off the shirt, and does the old 'holds shirt up to crowd, whichever section cheers more gets it' routine, but then he decided just to set the shirt down in his corner. I don't get it. Did they want to establish him as a heel? Wait, now Ric Flair's coming out. Although only to do commentary. Finally, we get Mr. Perfect, and I figure out what's going on. Kamala (still a heel) against Mr. Perfect, with Flair providing commentary. Flair talks about how, last month, he said he was leaving to 'find himself'. Well, he originally thought it would take several months to find himself...but he was sitting at home, watching the Royal Rumble, when he realized he had found himself...he's the greatest wrestler ever...and all these others, the Mr. Perfects of the world, are trying to pass themselves off as the same thing. Sort of a veiled challenge. As for the match, Perfect humbled Kamala, but tried to not hurt him (otherwise, would it be cruelty to animals?) No finisher, pinfall finish at 5:12.

Commercial break! After commercials, we get Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels in the ring. Michaels talks about his match last night with Mr. Perfect. He showed Mr. Perfect that Shawn Michaels is not someone you want to be in the ring with...because he wields 'the greatest move in professional wrestling', the Rockerspear. Nice name there, WWF Creative. Well, it could've been worse. Tropospear comes to mind. Michaels informs us (and, by proxy, Tatanka) that the winner of the Tatanka/Razor Ramon match last night does not necessarily get the title shot at WrestleMania. All it means is that Tatanka is first in line to receive that title shot - but, as Shawn tells us, it's a long line. There are four weeks until WrestleMania, and each of those four weeks, Tatanka will have to take on a WWF legend. (Shawn: You see, Tatanka...it's LEGENDFEST!) THIS is Legendfest? Man, talk about anticlimatic. Shawn tells the first legend to come out...it's Sgt. Slaughter! Tatanka against Sgt. Slaughter, later tonight!

CUT BACKSTAGE! Hulk Hogan is WALKING, ladies and gents! Wherever he's walking, he's determined to get there. It looks like six elephants couldn't stop him. Seven maybe. But not six. Hogan turns a corner...and there's Jake Roberts! Roberts looks at Hogan, and gives him a little smirk. Hogan, already P-I-SSED, slams the Snake into a wall, and continues on his way.

Match number two is for the WWF Tag Team Championships - the Steiner Brothers defend the straps against the Headshrinkers. If the Steiners had been this good last night, their match would really have stood out. Instead, they spend most of that energy carrying the Headshrinkers, and the result is a good, but not outstanding, midcard match. Basically a squash, but the Headshrinkers got in a few spots. Frankensteiner from Scott to Samu at 7:23 for the win.

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's Gene Okerlund, with Razor Ramon! Razor lost to Tatanka last night...and we learn about another big match later tonight, as Razor will team with the British Bulldog to take on Jim Duggan and The Undertaker. Boy, they're not putting Taker and Davey together too soon at all. No sir. Razor cuts a promo against Taker...is about to address Duggan, when the man himself walks by. Duggan ushers himself past with an "excuse me", and accidentily hits Razor Ramon on the head with his two-by-four! Duggan doesn't even realize this, and continues on his way. Meanwhile, Razor is left rubbing his head and glaring.

Owen Hart is out next to take on Rick Martel. Not the first time this year they've gone at it. Martel's accompanied by Harvey Wippleman, as per usual. This is a strong match, with both men getting in plenty of offense. (So does this mean they're finally pushing Owen, or they're de-pushing Martel?) Unfortunately, Vicne and Gorilla didn't pay much attention to this match - they were too busy shilling the WWF:NE title match between Jim Powers and The Titan this weekend. I never thought I'd use 'title match' and 'Jim Powers' in the same sentence. Finish came at 5:41 when Wippleman distracted the ref, allowing Martel to get a low blow and the win. Good match.

WWF Champion Bret Hart is out to the ring next...he gives his brother a pat on the back as he leavs. Bret grabs a mic, and cuts a promo. He talks about how he may have lost at In Your House, but it was a disqualification, so the title is still his, and that's what matters in the end. He goes on to say that at Wrestlemania, there will be no make-believe referees, no backdoor shenanigans...all there will be is Bret Hart and Yokozuna. And we will learn once and for all that size doesn't matter, not when you're faced with the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. Standard Bret promo, but still good.

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's Sean Mooney with the Big Bossman! In case you forgot, it was two weeks ago, on MNR, when the Bossman defeated the Repo Man. Following that match, ol' Bossy busted out the handcuffs and arrested his foe. Mooney asks the question that has supposedly been on all of our minds for the past two weeks - why was the Repo Man arrested? Apparently, he reposessed a car from a St. Louis parking lot, but then decided to keep the car for himself. As such, he was arrested for grand theft auto, and could be looking at up to thirty years in jail. (Who makes up these numbers?) But, this is America, and the Repo Man has the right to a fair trial, where his fate will be determined by a jury of his peers. His peers being pro wrestlers. Jury selection begins next week. This is such a ridiculous angle, but the Bossman did a great job playing it up.

Time now for the second most-hyped match of the evening - Jim Duggan and The Undertaker against Razor Ramon and the British Bulldog. Duggan and the Bulldog start it off...right away, Razor runs around the ring to grab the 2x4, but a glare from The Undertaker sends him away empty-handed. Tag to Undertaker. Bulldog says 'meep' and tags to Razor. Razor surprises Taker with a dropkick off the top rope...Taker reasserts himself and drills Razor with a right hand that's as stiff as the recently deceased. Duggan pleads for a tag, and he gets it. Razor whips Duggan into the corner, and starts throwing rabbit punches furiously...ref yells at him to stop...he won't...DISQUALIFIED! At the 6:02 mark, Jim Duggan and The Undertaker beat the British Bulldog and Razor Ramon. After the match, Razor continues to attack Duggan...Taker hands Jimmy his 2x4...WHACK! Everyone heads to the back.

Bob Backlund is out next, to cut a promo. Backlund reminds us that last night, Jake Roberts and Rick Martel were double-teaming "my good friend" Hulk Hogan, so he came out to even the odds. It sickens him to see how young stars like Martel can attempt to disrespect the older stars like Hogan and Backlund, and get away with it, so he's challenging Rick Martel to a match at WrestleMania. Solid promo, and Backlund/Martel should be a good match.

And now it's time for the main event, pitting the 73-0 Tatanka against Sgt. Slaughter...army against Indians, I hope I never have to see that again. Considering it was Tatanka and Sgt. Slaughter, it was a good match...it did an excellent job of getting Tatanka over. Anyone who can hold their own against a former WWF Champion has to be at least a really strong midcarder, maybe more. Booking was that Tatanka was maybe not quite as strong as Sarge, but had much more endurance, as he didn't so much as break wind. End of the Trail finish at 8:53 for the win. Tatanka is 74-0, and has conquered the first stage of Legendfest. As the show went off the air, we were treated to Tatanka celebrating in the ring by doing some sort of tribal dance.

THE GOOD: Legendfest has potential to be great, even if it was a letdown...they're giving characterization to everyone from Kamala to the Repo Man.

THE BAD: No appearance by Yokozuna. Build for WrestleMania main event fading...fading...

THE UGLY: Big Bossman's mic work. Need I say any more?

GRADE: B+

Great show, The Bossman angle is actually quite interesting and a original concept. Hmm Duggan/Ramon could be decent. Hall was pretty darn good and I'm sure he'll make Duggan look good but then again this is Hacksaw we're talking about. Martel/Backlund looks good to with Martel hopefully picking up the win. Legendfest is a good angle as well man. Keep up the great work Ryan :D

Guest ryan_the_canuck

user posted image

WWF News and Rumors

February 26, 1993

Legendfest...maybe a special nostalgia show...maybe a huge party...or maybe another vehicle to get Tatanka over. Ho hum. Actually, it's not that bad. We get to see some old stars, Shawn Michaels gets time on the mic, Tatanka gets over without hurting any current stars, and it leaves less time for Hogan.

Here is your report from WWF Superstars...show opened to Shawn Michaels' announcement of Legendfest...WWF:NE's Craig Pittman was out next, billed as "Samuel L. Jefferson IV"...he handed a $20 bill to a lucky fan, to establish him as a millionare babyface...his opponent was Bam Bam Bigelow...Bam Bam squashed Jefferson, winning at 4:55 after the diving headbutt of doom...a recap of the Razor Ramon/Jim Duggan head-bonking and the finish of their match...came across pretty good...Randy Savage made a brief return to WWF television, beating the Brooklyn Brawler in 5:13 with the Savage Elbow...highlights of Bret Hart's promo...man, we need a Yokozuna appearance...Marty Jannetty is out next, wearing a crown. Apparently since he retired Jerry Lawler, he is now Marty "The King" Jannetty. Jannetty's opponent is The Genius, billed as Larry Poffo (at least they were close)....Flying Fistdrop gives Jannetty the win at 6:52...solid match, best of the night...we see the finish of the Tatanka vs. Sgt. Slaughter match...main event is the Nasty Boys against Money Inc...DiBiase locks in the Million Dollar Dream at 8:25 for the win...does this make them the number one contenders for WrestleMania?

Also, here is your report from a rather interesting edition of WWF:NE Action Hour...first up, we see The Genius (man, he's all over the map this week) along with the Beverly Brothers and Barry Horowitz...apparently they're all in action later tonight...Craig Pittman, also wrestling on both B-shows, takes on Terry Taylor in the curtain jerker...Taylor wins it with a schoolboy at 6:23...we see a vignette in which Doink gives the Kamikaze Kid a present...as he opens it, Doink drills him on the head with a toy keyboard...uh, yeah...The Titan comes out to the ring and cuts a promo on Jim Powers, hyping their match later...to everybody's surprise, Jerry Lawler enters the ring, and offers Titan a deal...since he was retired, a roster spot has opened up in the 'main federation', and if Titan is willing to throw his match tonight, he can have Jerry Lawler's roster spot! Why he needs to throw the match, the ex-King never says. Titan says he'll think about it. The Genius' Genii (Yes, that's what the three of them are going as) take on Eddie Guerrero and the Moonwalkers in what should be a strong match...and it is...Moonwalker #2 hits Horowitz with a DDT at 8:21 and gets the pinfall...Dale Torborg and Billy Gunn get into a scuffle backstage...main event, Jim Powers against The Titan for the WWF:NE Heavyweight Championship...Titan doesn't show up, losing by count-out...unclear if this makes him a WWF superstar or what. Thank you for watching this oddly booked show.

A bit of injury news coming out of In Your House...Shawn Michaels, as feared, suffered a concussion as the result of a stiff kick to his head from Mr. Perfect. It is still planned for Tatanka and Michaels to square off at WrestleMania, although Michaels could be put on the injury list following that match. IRS was treated for a shoulder injury, we have no more information at this time.

Speaking of In Your House, the winner of our prediction contest was kaplanir, with three out of seven matches picked correctly, and our prize enforcement vehicle will be at his house momentarily! Three matches being the high is evidence of just how bizarre this booking was...

Here is your preview for the March 1st edition of Monday Night Raw...

Legendfest will enter phase two! Who will be Tatanka's opponent this week? (Yes, this is billed as the main event.)

Jury selection begins in the trial of the Repo Man!

Bob Backlund will take on Ted DiBiase!

Jerry Lawler will make his retirement speech!

Plus appearances by Lex Luger, Mr. Perfect, the Headshrinkers, and many more!

With nowhere else to turn, although the bankruptcy of the GWF is looming large, let's go to this week's mailbag...

Dear SWD,

What's up with Randy Savage? When will he be back in the ring?

Signed,

Jim Lyon

London, England

Wow, a letter from England! Didn't even know we sold over there! As for your question, Jim...as you know by now, Randy Savage appeared on WWF Superstars this week, defeating the Brooklyn Brawler. As of right now, WWF Creative has no plans for him, which is the only reason he hasn't been used - although SWD's WWF Insider tells us that that won't be the case for long!

Dear SWD,

Are there any prospects in WWF:NE that will be making a big splash in the main company anytime soon?

Sincerely,

Dave Greer

Vero Beach, FL

Well, Dave, it's hard to say. They're shooting an angle that makes it seem like The Titan could be up there right away, but who knows where they'll go with it. Terry Taylor, Barry Horowitz, Doink...there's lots of experience down there.

Well, that's all for this week, see you in seven!

Guest ryan_the_canuck

(OOC: I am keeping the format as-is, small headings and all, so it'll look right when we get orange again.)

user posted image

WWF Monday Night Raw Report

March 5th, 1993

It's March 1st! It's Monday Night Raw! It's Gorilla Monsoon! It's Vince McMahon! It's...the Nasty Boys?

Yes, the Nastys are out to take on those fearsome princes of the Weather Channel...the Natural Disasters. Right off the bat, Vince reminds us that these two have hooked up several times on recent editions of Superstars...apparently gives him an excuse to shill the rest of the card. Jury selection for the Repo Man trial, the second quarter of Legendfest, Jerry Lawler, Bret Hart, Jake Roberts, and oh-so-much more! As for the match...it's about what we've seen on Superstars from these four...Earthquake rolled up Jerry Saggs at 7:22 for the win. After the match, the Natural Disasters grabbed a microphone and challenged the Steiner Brothers to a match at WrestleMania IX, for the WWF Tag Team Championships!

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's the Big Bossman! And WWF:NE stalwart Koko B. Ware! The Bossman is questioning Koko, putting together his jury of wrestlers who will try the Repo Man. It's not as ludicrous as it sounds.

Bossman: Have you ever had any contact with the Repo Man?

Koko: Well, he nearly stole Frankie! That maniac should be in jail!

Bossman: As much as I agree with you, this jury of pro wrestlers needs to be impartial, so you will not serve.

Koko leaves...Bossman calls in his next juror wannabe...The Mountie. Just as he's about to start the questioning, Repo Man bursts upon the scene, and asks what's going on! The Big Bossman explains that the Repo Man asked to be tried by a jury of pro wrestlers...apparently there was some miscommunication, as when Repo Man said "I'm a wrestler!", he meant that the two should wrestle for the jail sentence. That'd be a weird stipulation. Somehow, the Bossman likes this idea, and raises the stakes...at WrestleMania, we will see the Big Bossman and the Repo Man go one on one...if Bossman wins, Repo Man must serve LIFE IN JAIL, while if Repo Man wins, he goes free, and the Bossman must RESIGN his position! It's called a 'double jeopardy' match. I'd have preferred a trial.

Jake Roberts is out to the ring to cut a promo! Jake the Snake is upset about last week, in which he was first knocked out by Bob Backlund, and then tossed into a wall by Hulk Hogan! But he'll get his revenge - next week! Good promo from the Snaky one. Hmm...any chance that this 'revenge' could involve toilet paper and poached eggs?

Match number two sees Virgil try to chalk up a win over Lex Luger, in a match which is clearly offensive to my eyes. Luger gets in all his spots and then some, in the most blatant squash match in a long time...punch, punch, punch...kick, kick, kick...punch, kick, kick...it's like watching Richard Simmons try to teach Karate. Luger wins it via the Torture Rack at 4:26. Yeah, this pretty much sucked the energy out of the fans - maybe that's how Virgil stayed alive, he was sucking the energy out of the fans and using it for his own purposes. How does Vacuum Virgil sound?

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels! Michaels announces that last week, Tatanka was able to defeat his hand-picked challenger, Sgt. Slaughter - but that's okay! This is Legendfest, and Tatanka will have to go through three more WWF legends just to get his title shot! And tonight's legend is a former WWF Tag Team Champion...Jim...Neidhart! Neidhart comes out and shakes the hand of Michaels, smirking about how he's going to end Tatanka's career, and all that.

MIDCARD MATCH TIME! The Headshrinkers are out first. I wonder who they'll be jobbing to this week. The Steiners? The Harts? Chief Jay Strongbow and Tarzan Tyler? Or maybe Marty "The King" Jannetty and Crush. It's the last one, in case I wasn't subtle enough. Jannetty and Crush surprise me by being able to get a solid match out of the Fat Samoans...match of the night so far, although I guess that's not saying much. Actually, this match was surprisingly back-and-forth, with the Headshrinkers using their size, while Jannetty and Crush put up a valiant attempt as well...but at the 7:52 mark, with Crush and Fatu in the ring, WWF:NE's The Titan ran down the ramp and started attacking Marty Jannetty! Titan Edge on Jannetty! TITAN EDGE ON JANNETTY! For whatever reason, the ref decides not to give a DQ, and Fatu rolls up Crush for the win! The Headshrinkers get out of there, and, with Crush's assistance, Marty Jannetty makes it to the back.

With The Titan staying in the ring, Jerry Lawler makes his way out to join him. Gorilla introduces us to some footage from last week's WWF:NE Action Hour, in which Lawler offered The Titan his spot in the WWF. And now, Lawler has the contract to prove that The Titan is a bona fide WWF superstar. Titan grabs a mic...

Titan: Thank you, Jerry. Thank you for the chance to make not just one, but two of my dreams come true. For one, being a WWF Superstar is something I have dreamed about for over a decade . . . but even before that, I was dreaming about being able to live on a ranch. And that's who I am - I am not The Tian, a giant who hurts others for fun . . . I am Rick Titan, a cowboy living in the south!

Lawler, of course, goes berzerk, and threatens to get revenge on both Titan and Jannetty, who Lawler thinks put Titan up to this. Good segment, if a little strange.

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bret Hart! And he is WALKING! Hart stops...apparently he thought he heard something. He shakes his head, and continues walking...a mysterious voice yells out "BANZAIIIIIIIII!!!!!!"...Hart looks up...Jim Neidhart comes crashing down and puts Bret in a headlock. He lets it go, and the two exchange pleasantries...Bret wishes Jim good luck against Tatanka, Jim wishes Bret good luck against Yokozuna...another mysterious voice yells out "BANZAIIIIIIIII!!!!!!"...Bret says "Owen, I know it's--"...and then gets cut off, as Yokozuna lands on top of both Hart and Neidhart. Mr. Fuji walks onto the scene and starts laughing. Laughing at the squishing that Yokozuna delivered to the Hart Foundation.

Ted DiBiase (with Jimmy Hart) and Bob Backlund mix it up in match number four...this would have drawn really well even five years ago...hey, didn't Jimmy manage The Mountie not too long ago? Have they dropped that? And speaking of managers, what's Slick up to? (Actually, I know what Slick's up to - check out the mailbag). This match is as good as you'd expect from these two, easily chalking up match of the night honours. Both men get in a great deal of offense in this matwork-based match...at the 8:47 mark, Backlund locks DiBiase into his chicken wing...the hold slowly makes its way over to the ropes...Jimmy Hart pulls on Backlund's hair, causing him to let go of DiBiase! But this time, the ref decides to not go for any of these backdoor shenanigans, and awards Backlund the win via DQ! After the match, Rick Martel appears on the ramp, and glares at Backlund! Martel grabs a mic..."Your challenge...Mr. Backlund...is ACCEPTED!". So there's another match for WrestleMania. Should be a good show.

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's Ric Flair with Sean Mooney! Flair basically says the same stuff he said during the Mr. Perfect/Kamala match last week...he is the greatest wrestler in the history of professional wrestling (Frank Gotch might disagree...), and all these 'young up-and-comers' like Mr. Perfect are just trying to pass themselves off as what Flair really is. Enter Mr. Perfect himself, who looks Flair right in the eye, and the two have a staredown, as Sean Mooney sends it back to the announce booth for our main event...

...which is Tatanka (74-0) against Jim Neidhart (0-0 on this contract). Ref instructs them to keep it clean, and Neidhart reassures him that he will. In other words, be on the lookout for a swerve. Fans are into this one, which makes up for the lousy match quality...Neidhart's too old to work a solid match anymore...probably can't even make tags look good...believe it or not, no swerve, Neidhart obeys the ref all match through. Finish comes at 9:22 when both men found there way onto the top rope...Neidhart went for a clothesline, but Tatanka ducked, only to shove Neidhart off the top rope, and hit him with the Tomahawk Chop for the win! After the match, the referee went to raise Tatanka's hand, but Neidhart interfered...and he raised Tatanka's hand instead! The show went off the air to the image of Tatanka and Jim Neidhart shaking hands to the screams of the audience!

THE GOOD: Jim Neidhart. The main event, the segment with Bret, even his introduction to some extent, he really did a good job.

THE BAD: Lex Luger vs. Virgil set a new standard for crappy ring work.

THE UGLY: So the entire The Titan character (which was awesome, by the way) was really a front for a cattle herder? That makes about as much sense as one man being able to squash two...or the Repo Man getting a WrestleMania match.

GRADE: B+ Questionable booking for sure, but near-flawless execution.

Good show, Wrestlemania is looking solid and I see Repo man losing only to be brought back with a new gimmick or something. Surprised the Hulkster hasn't got something big for Wrestlemania since Hogan has the ego the size of Texas. Keep up the awesome work Ryan

Guest ryan_the_canuck

user posted image

WWF News and Rumors

March 5th, 1993

Well, ECW and GWF are bankrupt. And what are the odds Vince McMahon is aware of that, you ask? Better than you'd think, but don't be expecting the likes of Terry Funk and Iceman King Parsons to show up on a WWF show near you.

The big news around Titan Towers this week was that the WWF announced a new weekly schedule, starting after WrestleMania. Monday Night Raw (and Superstars) will now be taped one week at a time, on Saturday night. The WWF is also cutting down to four house shows a week, Tuesday through Friday.

Here is your recap from WWF Superstars...we open up to the Bret Hart/Jim Neidhart/Yokozuna segment, which is even funnier the second time around...The Bushwhackers defeat The Dancing Fools (PJ Walker and Johnny Swinger bumping all over the place in masks, and without names) in 6:14 after a tenacious clothesline from Butch to PJ. Post-match, the cousins danced in the ring...a recap of Jake Roberts' promo...'Chilling' Charles Wright took down Virgil in 5:13...Virgil looked better here than against Luger at least...DDT for the finisher. Highlights of the Tatanka/Neidhart match, and Neidhart raising Tatanka's arm in victory...why do I have the feeling I'll be seeing this for years to come? British Bulldog squashes Kevin Kaplanir (some indy guy) in 4:26 with a neckbreaker...Bulldog tells us he's not afraid of The Undertaker...highlights (actually, pretty much the whole thing) of that strange Lawler/Jannetty/Titan angle...main event pits Owen Hart against IRS...they give it 9:04 for some reason, ends when IRS taps to the Sharpshooter...see further down for the reason why.

Also, your report for WWF:NE Action Hour...Billy Gunn cuts a promo, addressing both his opponent for tonight, Chris Kanyon, and Dale Torborg, who got into a scuffle with Gunn last week...PJ Walker downs The Berzerker in 7:22 with a schoolboy...strong opener, Walker worked hard...Terry Taylor is backstage, pissed about Titan getting a title shot and then walking out...he demands a title match, Jim Powers grants it...so, is Jack Tunney in charge of WWF:NE as well, or what?...Dale Torborg is backstage, and he rebuffs an interview request from...uh...I have no idea who that is...Billy Gunn beats Chris Kanyon in 6:24 with the Pistol Whip...man, there's some solid ringwork up here...post-match, Torborg attacks Gunn...cut backstage, where The Moonwalkers are laid out, only minutes before their scheduled Tag Team Championship match...The Moonwalkers vs. The Beverly Brothers goes to a no-contest when the Moonwalkers fail to gain consciousness in time for the match...rematch is announced for next week. The Beverlys, The Genius, and Barry Horowitz all celebrate as the show goes off the air.

Here is your preview for the March 8th edition of WWF Monday Night Raw...

It's stage three of Legendfest! Who will face Tatanka this week?

Mr. Perfect will square off with 'Chilling' Charles Wright!

Jake Roberts has promised that he will get his revenge on Hulk Hogan this week!

The Steiner Brothers will be in action! What will they say about the challenge offered to them by Natural Disasters?

Plus appearances by The Undertaker, Yokozuna, Jim Duggan, and many more!

We can confirm that all Legendfest contracts are one-time appearances. And that should bring many sighs of relief to our reading body.

Mike Rotunda, better known as IRS, has been annoying other wrestlers backstage. Apparently Rotunda has been looking to work his way into other storylines, but his constant quizzing of other wrestlers on what they're up to has gotten tired, and Money Inc. is being de-pushed as a result. Obviously, the benefactors of this move are the Natural Disasters, who now have a title shot...also, please note that Ted DiBiase is still extremely well-liked backstage, and WWF officials have given him notice that he'll be off to better things soon.

Finally, here is this week's mailbag...

Dear SWD,

Do you think that the opening of Coastal Zone Combat Wrestling in Miami will cause any competition to the WWF?

Ervin Greggs

Pensacola, FL

In a word, Ervin, no. CZCW - it should just be CZC, the Wrestling was only added to keep them under state fighting regulations. Kent Schwimmer has this idea for a wrestling promotion where weapons are perfectly legal, and freely available...it's a neat concept, but kids shouldn't be watching, which will greatly diminish its mainstream reputation. I don't think the world is ready for hardcore wrestling. Besides, looking at their roster, what's their big money match going to be? Tito Santana vs. George Steele?

Dear SWD,

When will we get to see Hulk Hogan against Ric Flair?

Brian Johnson,

Detroit, MI

You'll have to wait a year, Brian. SWD's Wrestling Insider tells us that the WWF is looking at Hogan/Flair as the main event for WrestleMania X, which would allow them plenty of time to build for what should be an amazing storyline...let's hope they do it right!

Guest ryan_the_canuck

He'll be pushed to Max Moon, at least. That is to say, one appearance and then never heard from again. Unless you win another prediction contest, in which case everyone's favourite jobber might make a comeback...

Guest ryan_the_canuck

user posted image

WWF Monday Night Raw Report

March 12th, 1993

Welcome, to the big show, Monday Night Raw, where we will see...Tatanka against an old guy who can't wrestle! Yokozuna jump on somebody, making a SQUISH sound! And apparently, the Steiner Brothers...

As they take on the Headshrinkers! Vince and Gorilla inform us that this is a non-title match...but it's a pretty damn good one, as the Shrinkers don't seem to be behaving like the lowest heel tag team on the WWF ladder should, as they're giving the champs a run for their money. You'd never see the Bushwhackers do this to Money Inc. Scott hits Fatu with a Frankensteiner at exactly seven minutes for the win. After the match, the Steiner Brothers grab mics and accept the Natural Disasters' challenge for WrestleMania! Oughta be a...uh...interesting match.

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's Gene Okerlund! Loud 'Mean Gene' chant starts up from the fans. Okerlund introduces us to a very special guest, the newest member of the WWF roster...Jim Neidhart??? Neidhart informs us that he was originally only supposed to come back for the one match against Tatanka, but after being in the locker room, being on television...he just couldn't stay away...so Jim Neidhart is back in the WWF! And not only is Jim Neidhart back...so is the Hart Foundation! As Neidhart calls out their names, they come out, one by one...WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bret Hart! His little brother, Owen Hart! And some fresh blood...Cowboy Rick Titan! Well, that's an interesting group. Strong in the ring, strong on the mic...should be good.

GGGGOOOONNNNGGGG!!!!!!!! The crowd goes into a frenzy as The Undertaker enters the ring, accompanied by Paul Bearer! Bearer cuts a huge promo on the British Bulldog..."Bulldog, you think it's fun to hit the Undertaker below the belt, hit him from behind, hit him where it hurts, while he hurts...well, you've got another think coming! I think that you'll be realizing just what that other think is at WrestleMania...because if you have any self-respect...you will step into the ring with the Deadman, and you can..."...you can guess the rest, that's what. And no, that's not the whole promo, but that's the gist of it.

It's time for a match...just like last week, we get Virgil...unlike last week, we get Jake Roberts as his opponent. The same Jake Roberts who promised unbridled revenge upon Hulk Hogan, revenge which he would deliver this week. How is squashing Virgil a form of revenge? It's not like he's Jerry Saggs, or another one of the Hulkster's personal friends...they say revenge is a dish best served cold, well you can't get more cold than the crowd's reaction to this match. All that said, however, I shouldn't even need to tell you that Jake Roberts won it with a DDT at 4:14. Post-match, absolutely nothing happened.

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's Mr. Fuji! And Yokozuna! And THEY...ARE...GLOATING!!! They talk, directed not to the audience but to each other, about Yokozuna showing up both Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart last week. Unfortunately, they're talking in Japanese, leaving us to rely on subtitles, so I can only assume that Bret Hart will show up next week and play with the subtitles. Fortunately, they're talking in Japanese, leaving us to rely on subtitles, so it's easy for me to figure out if there's any particular line worth writing here...no, not really.

The Mountie (w/o Jimmy Hart) and the Brooklyn Brawler (w/ hat) are in the ring, playing the roles of resident jobbers for tonight...the Hart Foundation's music hits, and out come Owen Hart, and making his in ring debut, Cowboy Rick Titan (both w/ Jim Neidhart). As I alluded, this is a squash match...makes me think that the Mountie is gonna be retooled with a new gimmick soon. And he deserves it. Just looking at Titan in the ring...he seems to be very fluid...he's able to hold his own with Owen in terms of skill, and that's saying something...as for the match...the Hart Foundation (at least that's what the announcers called them) won the match when Owen Hart locked the Brooklyn Brawler in the Sharpshooter at 8:11. After the match, the trio de Harts celebrated to the roar of the crowd.

Finally, even though we're now over halfway into the show, we learn who Tatanka's opponent will b--nah, just kidding! We get Harvey Wippleman and Rick Martel out in the ring to cut a promo! Remember, Martel is taking on Bob Backlund at WrestleMania, so I'd assume that that's what this promo is going to be about. And it is. Nothing too unusual, just the standard "blah blah blah, kick your scrawny purple butt all over the ring" drivel.

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's Razor Ramon! And he is ENTERING JIN DUGGAN'S LOCKER ROOM! Duggan is in there, but Razor looks like he was expecting such a scenario to unfold. The two exchange some verbal warfare, culminating in the decision to settle their differences in the ring at WrestleMania! At least there's reasons for the matches this year.

Time for another match, as Mr. Perfect squares off with 'Chilling' (which apparently is WWF shorthand for 'becoming a jobber') Charles Wright. Perfect is able to carry Wright to a strong match. It is a squash, but not a fully obvious one, and it's a good one. Mr. Perfect wins it with a Perfectplex at 6:05. After the match, Perfect starts heading to the back...but Ric Flair comes out of nowhere, and throws Perfect down! Mr. Perfect gets back up, only to be thrown into the wall! After this pattern continues for a little while, Flair allows Mr. Perfect to head backstage, while he grabs a mic. "You know what, Mr. Perfect?...you know what?...I talked to Jack Tunney earlier today...and not only will we have a match...that match will be at WrestleMania...and that match might remind you of what I just did to you...because, Mr. Perfect, that match will take place...in a STEEL...CAGE!" Ooh, I'm looking forward to that.

CUT BACKSTAGE! There's Hulk Hogan! And he is doing something very rare...giving a promo from backstage, without the help of an interviewer. So they must have something planned. Hogan rambles on about how we are thirteen days away from WrestleMania IX...the greatest wrestling show of the year (CZCW's debut show this month might argue that point...I hear they've signed up Hillbilly Jim!)...and he is Hulk Hogan...the greatest wrestler in the history of the world...and the greatest wrestler in the history of the world does not have a match at the greatest wrestling show in the year? What kind of justice is that? What kind, he asks! Just then, the room goes dark...and Jake Roberts' voice is heard from somewhere..."So, Hulk Hogan...the man with the twenty-four inch pythons...but how do they stack up against my thirty-six inch python? Hulkster...see you at WrestleMania!" The lights come back on, and Hulk Hogan is down on his knees, gasping for breath, as Damien slithers away.

Tatanka's out, which means it's MAIN EVENT time! And we still don't know his opponent. Wait, a fat guy is coming out...is it? Is it? It is! IT IS! IT IS KING KONG BUNDY!!! Tatanka has to take on King Kong Bundy, and someone else next week, if he wants a shot at the WWF Intercontinental Championship! Bundy offers Tatanka a handshake to start the match...Tatanka accepts, but Bundy pulls it back and drills Tatanka in the jaw with a stiff punch! The match is well, a standard Bundy non-squash, that is to say not very good. The finish comes at 7:20, when Tatanka impresses the heck out of me by hitting Bundy with a powerslam, and getting the pin! As Tatanka celebrates, the show goes off the air!

THE GOOD: The build for Perfect/Flair and Hogan/Roberts...finally, WrestleMania looks to be on the right track...Cowboy Rick Titan being given a serious push...

THE BAD: Natural Disasters being given a tag title shot...the lack of build for the world title match.

THE UGLY: King Kong Bundy's gut. Need I say more?

Wow Wrestlemania looks like a packed card, I'm looking forward to reading what's going to go down at Wrestlemania. Raw was another well done show. Not sure bout the Hart Foundation stable especially with Titan in it. Did he have any kind of history with the Harts at all? The Perfect/Flair match is going to be great and the feud has been going great. Never would have expected Bundy to face Tatanka but it couldn't have been too bad. Keep up the great work man looking forward to Wrestlemania alot :D

Guest ryan_the_canuck

user posted image

WWF News and Rumors

March 12th, 1993

Well, howdy there, welcome to another edition of the ol' rumor parade. Is it just me, or is adding Cowboy Rick Titan to the Hart Foundation a strange, and yet, somehow excellent, idea? He's a Canadian, so the group - just like us here at SWD - is still 100% from the Great White North...Titan reminds me a lot of a young Bret Hart in the ring, and he seems to be pretty strong on the mic. It's a controversial decision, but I think it'll play out for the best.

Here is your report from WWF Superstars...first, we get Ric Flair's speech about the cage match...damn, I'm looking forward to that match...Bob Backlund squashed Matthew Borne (Doink the Clown without any makeup) in 6:10, when Borne submitted to the chicken wing. Solid match, Borne can actually wrestle when he's not doing the comedy...highlights of the Tatanka/Bundy match air...Money Inc. (w/Jimmy Hart) soundly defeats Dennis Bell and Brian Smith (the Moonwalkers without masks) in 6:25 when DiBiase hits Smith with the Million Dollar Dream...man, Money Inc. has really fallen...we see the end of Hogan's promo, and Jake Roberts sicing his snake on him...Lex Luger (another guy who's fallen far and fast) beats Crush in 4:53 via the Torture Rack...usual big guy match...we're treated to seeing the new Hart Foundation debut again...main event puts Marty Jannetty against Barry Horowitz...The Genius, unfortunately, did not make the trip down from New England to help his prodigy, and Jannetty takes him down in 3:55. Post-match, Jannetty notices Jerry Lawler sitting in the crowd, and the two have a staredown.

Also, here is the report from WWF:NE Action Hour...before the show starts, The Kamikaze Kid comes out from the back, and announces that he has been hired to work with Sean Mooney in the announcers' booth. After the credits, Billy Gunn challenges Dale Torborg to a 'pick your partner' match, and Torborg accepts...Terry Taylor demolishes Craig Pittman in 3:52, but after the match is done, he continues to assault Pittman...Billy Gunn is seen backstage, frantically looking for someone, anyone to be his partner...dumb planning there, Billy...the Pick Your Partner match is next, as Dale Torborg and Skinner are out...Billy Gunn's partner is...uh...Swinger (Johnny Swinger in a superhero gimmick)...Swinger does a lot of superhero comedy spots (leaping from one side of the ring to the other)...but Dale Torborg finishes him off at 5:52 with a bulldog...Terry Taylor is back out, he cuts a wicked promo on Jim Powers for their title match next week...main event is The Moonwalkers against the Beverly Brothers for the WWF:NE Tag Team Championships...this time it's a fair fight, and after 8:22 of excellent action, Moonwalker #2 hits Blake Beverly with a Lunar Landing (splash) and gets the win...the Moonwalkers are your new WWF:NE Tag Team Champions!

Here is the official WWF preview for Monday Night Raw...

It's the last MNR before WrestleMania IX, and that means it's also the last stage of Legendfest! So far, we've seen Sgt. Slaughter, Jim Neidhart, and King Kong Bundy! Who will be Tatanka's opponent this week?

Also, a huge non-title tag team match has been announced, as the Steiner Brothers will square off with the Natural Disasters only six days before they meet for the belts at WrestleMania IX!

Speaking of title contenders, Yokozuna will be in action!

Plus appearances by Ric Flair, The Undertaker, The Nasty Boys, and many more!

Just got a chance to watch the WWF Royal Rumble 1993 VHS Video...the Hogan spots at the end of the Rumble match look even better than before, and Bret Hart/Ric Flair is still my pick for match of the year...the VHS comes with a neat extra: post-Rumble, Mr. Fuji calls out Bret Hart, challenging him to a match right away! After some wild and crazy shenanigans, it becomes a five-on-five Survivor Series match, pitting Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, and Mr. Perfect against Yokozuna, Lex Luger, British Bulldog, Rick Martel, and 'Chilling' Charles Wright. I won't spoil the outcome of the match for you.

Still on the VHS trail, the WWF will release "WWF Video Action: Pinfalls and Powerslams" next month. Look for a bunch of Superstars matches to be on the tape.

Finally, here is this week's mailbag. (Remember that if you have a question for the mailbag, whether you're writing to a magazine writer or an EWR diary writer, PM it my way!)

Dear SWD,

I thought you said that all the Legendfest guys were on one-shot deals, but I saw Jim Neidhart again this week! What does this mean for Sgt. Slaughter, King Kong Bundy, and the fourth guy?

James Eudy

San Antonio, TX

Well, James, (if that is your real name), it doesn't mean a thing for them. WWF officials had the Hart Foundation idea in mind, and would talk to Neidhart about it based on fan reaction to him during his Legendfest week. They decided that the babyface Neidhart worked well, so they brought him back as a regular character.

Dear SWD,

If they go through with the 'Repo Man spends life in jail' angle, will we see any funny vignettes with him and Nailz?

Henry Simpson

Franklin, MD

I very much doubt it. I very much doubt we'll ever see Barry Darsow play the Repo Man after WrestleMania.

That's it for this week, see you in seven!