WWF 1997: The big turn around

EWRFan

WWF Superstars

-Your hosts are Todd Pettengil and Sunny

- Taped from Dallas, Texas

-The debut of an International Superstar

- Shane McMahon's music kicks in to begin the last Superstars in the road to Summerslam. He calls for the mic and has a big, wide smile in his face.

Shane: "Ladies and gentlemen , fans of the WWF, I have a treat, a surprise for all of you. Like I have said several times before, my goal as a manager in the WWF is to adquire the best international talent in the world and bring it here to the WWF. I have been doing this since I stepped foot in the WWF and I will continue to do that, starting tonight. I have been looking at one of the best lightweights in the world today , one of Japan's top stars and finally after intense negotiations, I have acquired his contract and I have broght him here into the WWF. He is one , if not, the best lightweight in the world, the amazing Hayabusa!!"

Hayabusa comes out as the crowd reacts pretty good to him. I have to admit that Shane has done an admirable job in getting his clients over. Suddenly, the music of the Backlund Empire interrupts the proceedings.

Backlund: "So Shane, you have deciced to bring in another so called, foreign superstar and with that you think you will be able to handle my Empire? Hahahahahaha, that guy who hides under a mask is nothing kid.He is another fake, another gimmnick and I cant tolerate such things in MY new WWF. So I will take him out, that simple. Bradi , come out here!!"

Tom Brandi comes out and stands next to Backlund.

Backlund: "Get in the ring and wipe the mat with that idiot right now. I want his mask in my hands by the end of the night"

And it seems we have a match.(74%)

* Hayabusa debuted his new gimmnick(Foreign Star) and had a positive response* *Hayabusa gained overness from this segment* *Shane McMahon gained overness from this segment*

-Hayabusa/with Shane McMahon vs Tom Brandi/with Bob Backlund

Bad oponnent to showcase Hayabusa. Hayabusa ducks an incoming Brandi to start the match and inmediatly takes him down twice with head scissor takedowns, then gets a nasty spinninng heel kick and Brandi bails. Brandi is NO SELLING EVERYTHING. Hayabusa flies over the top rope with a Suicide Plancha and then tosses Brandi back in the ring. Hayabusa springs in from the apron with a crossbody and gets two. Brandi now cheapshots Hayabusa with an eye gouge and starts the PUNCHING AND KICKING offense. Hayabusa is backed into the corner and Brandi tries a 10 punch count, but Hayabusa spinebusters him out at three. Hayabusa goes up top and SERVES THE FIREBIRD SPLASH for the win at 3:35. Hayabusa then celebrates with Shane as Backlund throws a fit. * match.Brandi no sold everything and had no offense whatsoever.

Winner: Hayabusa(54%)

* Hayabusa gained overness from this match**Tom Brandi lost overness from this match* *Tom Brandi no sold everything, ruining the match*

- The Godwinns/with Hillbilly Jim vs PG-13/with Savio Vega

Will the hillbilly farmers job again? And what is it with Savio and his role as backup buddy? HOG and Wolfie D start. HOG overpowers Wolfie and backs him into a corner, where he does the Yokozuna BUTT ATTACKS OF DEATH and then splashes Wolfie in the corner. He covers and gets two as JC Ice saves.HOG with the CLOBBERIN FOREARMS , but Wolfie gets an eye gouge and HOG is your HILLBILLY IN PERIL!!!. Wolfie uses a set of basic holds to bring down HOG and now he locks a Fujiwara Armbar, but HOG makes it to the ropes. Wolfie dropkicks the back on HOG's leg(where is the psycology?) and brings him down. He tags in JC Ice who comes from the top with a Missile Dropkick and covers for two. He tries to catch HOG off guard with a clothesline, but HOG ducks and clotheslines JC down. Tag to PIG and he is YOUR PIG FARMER ON FIRE!!! Clotheslines and bellyblocks abound, but in the caos Savio gets in the ring and knocks PIG down and out with the NOD Sidekick.JC Ice recovers and covers PIG for the 1-2-3. *1/2. The NOD members celebrate as Hillbilly Jim looks angry.

Winners: PG-13(65%)

* The Godwinns lost overness* *PG-13 gained overness*

-Goldust...the Greek God??

-Another segment with Goldust. This time we see a golden version of The David(with the genitals gladly omited) and Goldust's face. He begins to recite some greek words of wisdom that no one understands. Then we are cut into a room in which the Olympics symbol is displayed and Goldust does all manners of "sport competitions" from the first generation of olympic games(before christ was born). Well, this is what Marlena says it is, but Goldust just lifts some big rocks and blocks and tosses them aside or pulls an imitation of a cement column with his bare hands. The video ends with a "Goldust for Europe" production tagline. Funnier than words make it seem to be.(80%)

-WWF European Title:

Goldust© vs The Sultan

- Yesterday they announced this as being Goldust vs Executioner but it seems somebody screwed up. Goldust opens things up with right hands and gets three straight clotheslines to make Sultan stagger, but on the fourth try, Sultan catches him in a belly to belly suplex for two. Sultan uses the methodical offense and pushes Goldust into the corner where he does the Nash Choke(Boot Choke) and then throws some chops, followed by a big corner splash and that gets two. Back to his feet, Sultan does the NERVE PINCH OF DOOM , but Goldust makes it to the ropes and the ref forces the break.

Goldust starts the comeback with right hands and staggers Sultan back , he goes to the ropes for momentum, but eats a sweet superkick from Sultan for two. Sultan now bodyslams Goldust near the corner and goes up top for the Moonsault, but Goldust gets up and crotches him up top. He tries to Super Backdrop Sultan, but he breaks with elbows.Sultan slowly gets down from the turnbuckle, only to get dropkicked into it and rolled up for two. Goldust starts to charge the jets and gets four straight clotheslines to finally drop the big guy. He goes to the ropes and delivers a Running Bulldog for two. Goldust looks for the Curtain Call, but the POWER OF THE GIRTH is too much and Goldust cant deliver the move, so he turns it into a Final Cut type maneuver and that gets the pinfall win. Pettengil names the move "The Director's Cut" and it seems it will be his secondary finisher or something. Better than it had any right to be. **1/2

Winner and still European Champion: Goldust(70%)

- Jacobs and Titan smell the gold

- Bob Backlund is backstage with Glen Jacobs and Rick Titan. They seem to finally be using new attire that makes them look different from the "Razor Ramon and Diesel" fakes they where. Jacobs now has blonde hair(looking way more like Kevin Nash) with denim pants and a "Security" shirt. Titan has bright red trunks, boots and kneepads in addition to the same "Security" shirt.He is also wearing black sunglasses and his hair has been cut short.

Backlund: "Good evening viewers and fans of the WWF. I am your soon to be president of the WWF, Bob Backlund and this are my men, Glen Jaocbs and Rick Titan. They are what I call Backlund Security. They are my personal bodyguards and the persons that keep me safe from the hands of Gorilla Monsoon's henchmen. You see, Gorilla is a dirty politician and I know he is waiting for the perfect chance to strike and hurt me so bad I cant compete in the elections. This men are not going to let it happen. Not only that, but they will also be wearing gold by the time the elections roll around. That's right. Tonight we finish Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon and move on to Summerslam to battle The British Bulldog and Owen Hart for the WWF Tag Team Championship. Then awe will defeat them and win the Tag Team Titles, which are going to look awesome at each side of the future president. I expect a tough, clean fight tonight and I hope Monsoon havent paid the referee to screw us over." (77%)

-#1 Contender at the WWF Tag Team Titles:

The Can-Am Express/with Shane McMahon vs Backlund Security/with Bob Backlund

- LaFon and Titan start the match as Titan overpowers LaFon in a test of strenght, but is taken to the mat after a drop toe hold by LaFon, who proceeds to headlock Titan. He gets back on his feet and breaks the lock, takes LaFon to the ropes , but he ducks a clothesline and shoulderblocks Titan down to the mat. LaFon now gets an arm wringer and some elbows on Titan's arm, tags Furnas and he drops a double axhandle from the second rope on Titan's arm.Another arm wringer and then an arm drag take Titan to the mat and he locks an armbar, which is then turned into a Cross Armlock and Titan scurries to the ropes.Furnas breaks the hold and now stomps Titan's arm , then drags him to the corner and tags in LaFon, who drops a double foot stomp to the weakened arm. He goes right back to the Cross Armlock and Jacobs breaks.

Another arm wringer, but Titan pulls LaFon into a short arm clothesline(thank God he used the good arm) and tags in Jacobs. Jacobs boots down LaFon and locks a headlock(3 seconds in!!!) , but LaFon quickly escapes that with elbows , only to eat BIG BOOT after he went to the ropes. Jacobs gets Snake Eyes for two and then A BAAAACK BODYDROP for two. Jacobs gets a chokeslam variant and covers as Furnas makes the save at two. Jacobs drags LaFon into the heel corner and they make the heat sequence with illegal switches and double teams as the ref keeps dragging Furnas out of the ring.Jacobs back in and he does the Nash Choke and tries a splash, but it misses as LaFon moves out of the way and tags in Furnas!!! Furnas is YOUR HOUSE ON FIRE and cleans the clock of both heels with rights and lefts. DDT for Titan, Frontfall Pancake for Jacobs!!! Backlund gets on the apron drawing the attention of the ref and tosses some knucks at Titan. Furnas is busy attacking Jacobs in the corner and it seems Titan will hit Furnas from behind...but LaFon springs in and dropkicks the knucks away.He and Titan tumble outside as Furnas realises what's going on and gets the knucks from the floor...BANG , he nails Jacobs with them and gets the 1-2-3 as Shane McMahon hides the knucks under the ring. The bell rings and the faces are declared the winners as Pettengil talks about Backlund's plan backfiring. **3/4

Winners and #1 Contender's at the tag team titles: The Can-Am Express(77%)

- Helmsley has a plan

- Backstage, Howard Finkel interviews HHH.

Finkel: " Hunter Hearst Helmsley, the WWF Intercontinental Champion, it was decided last week at Raw that Rocky Maivia will be your opponent for the WWF Intercontinental Title at Summerslam. Now that you know who your opponent is, do you have a specific plan or strategy going into Summerslam?"

HHH: "A plan? Howard, when does Hunter Hearst Helmsley doesnt have a plan? Rocky, you are a snot nosed kid who got lucky last week and tonight you will see why I am the Intercontinental Champion when I defeat Rob Vam Dam. Because you and Rob have a lot in common, both of you are snot nosed punks who want to take what it's rightfully mine and much like Rob tonight, you will take the Pedigree and lay down for the 1-2-3. And much like Rob tonight , you will see Hunter Hearst Helmsley standing over you with the Intercontinental Title rised very high above you and you will go back crying to your momma. My plan is simple Howard, I will destroy , I will humiliate Rocky and I will show him why I am destinied to be a WWF Champion."

Is it me or Mr. Knee has improved on the mic? (78%)

-Rob Van Dam vs Hunter Hearst Helmsley/with Chyna

- Hunter offers a handshake to start , but RVD doesnt buy it and drops HHH with a spinkick to a nice pop. Rob goes to work with some abysmal punches and stiff kicks , he backs HHH into the corner and Monkey Flips him, then dropkicks him right in the face when he was starting to get up and gets two in a nice sequence. RVD gets two straight arm drags and another spinkick as HHH bails. RVD goes up and over the top in a suicide plancha and both men are out as we take a break.

Back from the break both men are slowly starting to get up outside as Chyna throws RVD aganist the ring barrier and he lands in the fans. This allows HHH to get back in the ring and the ref restarts the ten count. Rocky Maivia makes his way out and threaten's Chyna to boo's from the crowd!! The ref gets distracted with all this and HHH goes outside and attacks RVD. HHH tosses RVD into the ring and signals for the Pedigree, but RVD backdrops him out to a pop.

RVD gets a sweet combo in which he lands several rights to HHH, then splits and lands an uppercut to poor old Hunter. RVD goes up top and delivers the Flying Kick , but as soon as he goes for the Five Star Frogsplash , Chyna shoves him from the top. This leads to Rocky and Chyna brawling and Hunter using this chance to go outside and try to get the Intercontinental Title. Rocky disposes of Chyna by sending her to the ring barrier and manages to catch up to HHH and they play tug of war for the belt.RVD stands behind HHH as Rocky let's go off the belt and HHH's ensuing momentum is used by RVD to roll-him up and get the 1-2-3 in a major upset!!! The crowd is chanting RVD as Rocky smiles and HHH throws a fit. Even when Rocky saves the day, is the other guy who gets the chants. ***

Winner: Rob Van Dam(82%)

- HBK vs Sid video

- A video airs of the HBK vs Sid feud.It goes all the way back to their matches earlier this year and then cuts us to how Sid attacked HBK during his match with Bulldog and then the famous match the following week in which Sid javelined HBK aganist the post. Then it shows Sid beating Undertaker to earn his shot at HBK. The video ends with HBK looking at the camera menacingly.(87%)

- Shawn Michaels vs The Executioner

- Paul Bearer seems to have been removed from TV, which seems to indicate that Executioner is nothing more than a glorified jobber now. HBK is on fire since the bell rang , he rushes Executioner with rights and lefts and the big man is in such a shock that he leaves the ring to regroup. This allows HBK to work a suicide dive spot and he hurts his shoulder, which seems to establish the area that Sid hurt the most in that javelin throw. Both men slowly get up and Executioner slugs HBK down and then throws him shoulder first aganist the ringpost as HBK goes a grade A selling job.Executioner sends HBK into the ring and locks the NERVE PINCH OF EXTREME DISCOMFORT and that goes on for a while as we go to break.

Back from the break HBK tries to make the comeback, but gets caught up and spinebustered by Executioner for two. Executioner gets a sideslam and sets HBK up for a Shoulderbreaker, but HBK wiggles free , goes to the ropes and gets the Flying Forearm for the Double KO. He starts HULKING UP and delivers some left hands(since his right shoulder is injured...isnt he great?) and manages to whip Executioner to the ropes and get a neckbreaker for two. He cues up the band and SWEET CHIN MUSIC puts Executioner to sleep at 8:13. HBK did a good enough selling job to warrant ***.(85%)

Winner: Shawn Michaels

- THUMBS UP for this show with some good matches and angle continuity. Tomorrow is the final Raw until Summerslam and you can be sure it will bring in the goodness.

Edited by EWRFan

Monday Night Raw Preview

- Monday Night Raw comes to you live from Miami, Florida as we head into Summerslam next Sunday from Tampa Bay , Florida !! A big card is expected for Monday Night with your favorites on hand.

Main Event:

Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker vs Syco Sid & Vader

- Shawn and Sid will battle for the WWF Title at Summerslam , but they have found tag team partners for one final match before the PPV. What will happen tonight ? Can HBK trust The Undertaker? Does Sid trust Vader after their little scuffle a while back? Tune in to find out.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Jim Neidhart

- It has been announced today that Austin and Bret will battle at Summerslam in a Texas Deathmatch!!! But previous to that match, Austin will battle Bret's longtime tag team partner. Will Bret or Brian Pillman play a factor?

If Chyna wins, she will be the Special Referee at Summerslam , If Rocky wins , Chyna will be banned from ringside:

Rocky Maivia vs Chyna

- There is no doubt that Chyna can be a big factor in Sunday's Intercontinental Title Match. That's why Hunter Hearst Helmsley has challenged Rocky to this match , to see if he can stack the deck in his favor. Is this Hunter's big plan? Will he suceed?

Doug Furnas/with Phil LaFon vs British Bulldog/with Owen Hart

- Furnas and LaFon will challenge Bulldog and Owen for the titles at Summerslam , but they will have a little one on one encounter at Raw tonight. This might be a test of what's to come.

Plus:

Leif Cassiddy vs Steve Corino

The Smark Raw Rant

-Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King" Lawler

-Live from Miami , Florida

- The show starts with JR and The King running down tonight's card as well as announcing the final list of competitors for the WWF Lightweight Title battle royale this Sunday. The list is displayed on screen and is as follows:

20 contestants for the WWF Lightweight Title Battle Royale:

Aldo Montoya

Flash Funk

Hayabusa

Wolfie D

JC Ice

"The Phoenix" Jody Fleisch

TAKA Michinoku

Sho Funaki

Yosohiro Tajiri

Steve Corino

Marty Jeannetty

Mickey Whipwreck

Rob Van Dam

Leif Cassiddy

Rick Martel

Tom Zenk

Mr. Aguila

Jushin "Thunder" Liger

Brian Pillman

????

- Corino aint happy

- Backstage, Bob Backlund is standing by with Steve Corino. Corino handles all his mic work.

Corino: "This past Saturday at Shotgun I defeated Marty Jeannety 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring and was about to put him out of the battle royale with the Cross-face Chicken Wing. But guess what? Some loser , some second fiddle jobber, some second rate wannabe wrestler had the guts to attack the King of Old School , the master of a thousand holds, the golden pupil of Bob Backlund. That wannabe is Leif Cassiddy. Tonight, poor old Leif is going to school...to Old School that is, and when he comes out, we would have learn his lesson.If you cross the King of Old School, you are about to learn one thousand different ways to be in serious pain."

Very good promo for Corino and he might be a good choice to put the belt on.He clearly gets the crowd's attention.(77%)

*Steve Corino gained overness from this segment*

-Leif Cassiddy/with Marty Jeannetty vs Steve Corino/with Bob Backlund

- Leif and Corino stare each other down and Corino slaps the taste of of Leif's mouth , which causes Leif to enrage and beat the piss out of Corino with punches and kicks until he bails. Backlund heads towards Corino, but Marty does the same to even the odds and Marty actually distracts the heels until Leif jumps over them with a suicide dive. Leif helps Corino to his feet and drops him down with a clothesline before tossing him into the ring. Is that a Cassiddy chant?

Leif springs into the ring with a dropkick and that gets two. Corino does the Ric Flair "beg for mercy" bit , but gets stomped down and taken to the corner where Leif delivers some Benoit-like flesh opening chops and then takes Corino to the top rope...Superplex and that gets two. Somebody has his working boots tonight. Corino begs for mercy again, but this time he takes another page out of Flair and eye gouges Leif, using this chance to control the match with right hands. He backs Leif into the corner and does some chops, then stomps Leif, who bends over and is snap mared to the mat, then takes a dropkick to the back of the head. Corino now helps Leif to his feet and drags his face aganist the ropes in an old school heelish move. He takes Leif down with a Bulldog for two. Arm Drag into an Arm Bar by Corino and that goes on for 10 seconds or so before Corino helps Leif to his feet and back into the corner. He chops Leif some more and then sends him shoulder first into the post. He now gets an arm wringer and capitalizes by delivering elbows to the arm several times and now takes Leif to the mat with a Cross Arm Lock, which he then releases and turns into a Fujiwara Armbar.

Leif makes it to the ropes and now Corino is pissed. He locks the Crossface Chicken Wing , but he does so too close to the ropes and Cassiddy makes it to them. Now Backlund gets involved as he is looking for brass knucks in his pants, which Marty Jeannetty see's and inmediatly attacks Backlund. He tosses Backlund into the ring, which distracts Corino and Leif makes the comeback with left hands(since his right arm is hurt) and drops Corino with a sequence of dropkicks. Then he gets a quick swinging neckbreaker to drop Corino down. In the other side of the ring, Marty has droped Backlund with the Rocker Dropper and goes up top for the Memphis Fistdrop. He points to Cassiddy, who does the same and they drop the Memphis Fistdrop to both heels!!! Marty is ordered out by the ref, so he leaves dragging Backlund outside. In the ring, Leif is in pain since he hurt his arm in the fist drop. Corino recovers and looks for the Old School Xplosion, but Leif lands on his feet and kicks Corino in the gut.... he takes him down in a Beast Choker submission hold!!! Corino taps at 12:55 to give Leif Cassiddy the clean win as Marty runs into the ring and the Rockers celebrate. Great match, I want more. ****

Winner: Leif Cassiddy(85%) (100% match quality!!)

- Bob Holly will finally show the world who is behind the mask

- After the commercial break , Bob Backlund is backstage with Bob Holly.

Backlund: "Good evening fans of the WWF, this is your sure to be the next president of the WWF , Bob Backlund with the man that will take Aldo Montoya's mask off at Summerslam. The man that will show the world the ugly mug of Aldo Montoya and will get rid of another gimmnick for me. The Rebelation, Bob Holly. The man who saw the light and joined me. The man that will become an important part of the WWF for being such a wise decision maker. Tonight, Bob will send a message to Aldo Montoya when he destroys one of Aldo's buddies , Tom Zenk in singles competition. My first campaign promess is to have Aldo's mask, and like the good president I will be,I will keep my promess"(71%)

*Bob Holly gained overness

-Tom Zenk/with Shane McMahon vs Bob Holly/with Bob Backlund

- Zenk and Holly trade arm drags on a fast paced start , but after the third one Holly catches Zenk in the jaw with the best dropkick in the business. He taunts the fans and proceeds to pummel Zenk into the corner where he lays some right hands and then another dropkick to the chin that sends Zenk forward and into the mat. Holly locks a chinlock and that wastes time.ZZZZ.....Zenk finally escapes and sends Holly into the ropes, in for a dropkick. Too many dropkicks in this match. Zenk hulks up and gets a neat Japaneese Arm Drag and then a Dragon Screw on Holly. C'mon Zenk, pick a part and stick with it. Bob Backlund gets on the apron and distracts the ref as Shane McMahon also gets on the apron and they fight. This gives Holly the chance to use a low blow and look for knucks stuck on his pants, but Aldo Montoya runs in and KICK WHAM IMPLANT DDT!!!He bails trough the crowd and Zenk covers for the 1-2-3. Boring...1/2*

Winner: Tom Zenk(59%)

*Tom Zenk gained overness from this match*

- Rocky doesnt suck?

- Rocky Maivia is backstage alone. It seems the WWF is eliminating the interviewer position or something.

Rocky: " It's glad to be back....home. Tonight I have my last match in the road to win back the Intercontinental Championship as I will go one on one with none other than Chyman...err. Chyna, Hunter Herst Helmsley's ring valet, bodyguard , massage therapist , problem solver and bitch. Or is it Hunter her bitch? Whatever the case is, I have too much on the line to loose. If I loose, Chyna will be the special referee in that match and you know who she will favor. If I win, Chyna will be banned from ringside and that will give me the opportunity I need to go one on one with Hunter and beat him clean in the center of the ring for the 1-2-3 and my title will be back home. That means that as much as I hate hitting females, I will go out there and knock myself out hitting that she-man and getting the win."

Surprisingly, Rocky doesnt get the hometown pop, but he doesnt get booed or the Rocky Sucks chants. I suppose this means total indiference.(96%)

-If Rocky wins, Chyna is banned from ringside. If Chyna wins, she will be the special referee at Summerslam:

Rocky Maivia vs Chyna/with Hunter Herst Helmsley

- Chyna tries to intimidate Rocky to start, but he simply shrugs her comments off. Rocky mockingly tells her to take the first shot and then he ducks the blow and attacks with right hands as the crowd pops for that. He takes her into the corner and makes the stupid mistake of trying a ten punch count in the corner and gets Spinebustered off for two. Chyna slowly stomps Rocky and now looks for a powerbomb, but Rocky backdrops her out and then knocks her down with a clothesline. Rocky goes for the Shoulderbreaker, but Chyna blocks and eye gouges Rocky. She tries a clothesline, but Rocky ducks and back bodydrops her as Hunter gets on the apron. This is clearly a setup as Chyna attacks Rocky from behind, but he moves and sends Chyna into Hunter, then gets the Uranage-thing and the 1-2-3 , which means that Chyna will be banned from ringside at Summerslam.*1/2

Winner: Rocky Maivia(74%)

- Doug Furnas/with Phil LaFon & Shane McMahon vs British Bulldog/with Owen Hart & Jim Cornette

- After the break we join this match as the contestants are already in the ring and the bell sounds three seconds after we return. JR says that LaFon and Owen will go one on one at Shotgun on Saturday.

Furnas and Bulldog go into a test of strenght to start and they are pretty even until Bulldog cheapshots to take over. He drops the CLUBBERING FOREARMS and backs Furnas into the ropes, he whips him to the other side and back bodydrops him for two. Bulldog stomps Furnas down and then drags him to his feet and back down with a Gorilla Press Slam for two. Short Arm Clothesline gets another near fall. Bulldog signals for the Running Powerslam, but Furnas slides out and shoves Bulldog face first into the corner and back into a Backdrop Suplex as we hit the Double KO. The expected mess happens outside as LaFon and Owen brawl and then Shane attacks Backlund as well.

Furnas gets a side neckbreaker on Bulldog for two. Bulldog fights back and manages to set Furnas up for the Hanging Vertical Suplex, but Furnas escapes and sends Bulldog into the ropes and back for a Spinebuster!!! Furnas looks for room as Bulldog staggers up and gets a picture perfect Running Frankensteiner for the win at 7:12. Furnas looked like young Scott Steiner there. **1/2

Winner: Doug Furnas[/color

-The Texas Rattlesnake is ready for Summerslam

-Backstage, Stone Cold Steve Austin walks into his locker room and grabs a beer. He starts drinking and talking to the camera.

Austin: "Bret Hart, the self-proclaimed excellence of the exectuion. Stone Cold Steve Austin is happy tonight and you know why? Because I will have you in the ring in a Texas Deathmatch at Summerslam. That means that Stone Cold can use anything he see's around the ring, around the arena, backstage, anywhere and use it to whoop your ass!! You call yourself the excellence of the execution,but the only thing that will be excellent at Summerslam is the beting, the ass kicking I am going to give ya. Left and right, north and south, in your face, in your head,your back,your legs, in your f*ucking ass-crack,everywhere I will hurt you Bret Hart. Cause to tell the truth, I have always been a sadistic,beer-drinking,cursing,ass-kicking motherfucker and the fans know that,I havent lived a lie like you have Bret Hart. You relied on your legacy,but as the fans already noticed,your legacy is nothing but a lie. Austin 3:16 says that at Summerslam,the biggest fake of all,the biggest lier of all time will get an ass-kicking and will be sent packing back to Canada and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so!!" (92%)

-Stone Cold Steve Austin/with Brian Pillman vs Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart/with Bret "The Hitman" Hart

- Bret sits down at the announcers table with JR and The King as Pillman stands opposite at Austin's corner. Bret yells at Austin in order to distract him and Anvil hammers Austin from behind, but the tide quickly changes as Austin blocks a right hand and connects with one of his own.Austin pushes Anvil into the corner and hammers him some more,then does the Mudhole Stomping and flips the bird at Anvil and then at Bret as well. Austin takes Neidhart from the corner and hip tosses him down. Then he does some crazy stomping and drops the FU Elbow.Austin now helps Anvil up KICK WHAM STUNNER...but he doesnt cover. He pulls him back up and KICK WHAM STUNNER again, he helps him up and KICK WHAM STUNNER a third time. Now Austin starts slowly counting to ten,in obvious reference to the Texas Deathmatch rules and as the count reaches ten,Neidhart is not moving.Now Austin covers for the 1-2-3. He looks at Bret outside and yells "That same thing that happened to that asshole will happen to you piece of crap" but as soon as he finishes, Bulldog & Owen attack Austin and Pillman was dragged inside the ring as well. Bret joins in the beating and so does Neidhart when he recovers. The Hart Foundation stands tall as Austin and Pillman are left a bloody mess.**1/2

Winner: Stone Cold Steve Austin(85%)

-Video replay

- They replay the video from last night of the HBK/Sid feud and the crowd eats it up.(97%)

-Shawn Michaels & The Undertaker vs Syco Sid & Vader/with Jim Cornette

- Undertaker and Vader start to save the important guys for last I suppose. Vader pounds Taker with everything he has, but Taker keeps coming back for more and eventually uses his famous haymakers and a clothesline to drop Vader.He whips Vader into the corner and gets a clothesline there, then chokes Vader with his boot. He tags Shawn and HBK chops Vader several times, then whips him into the opposite corner and gets a corner splash.Sid extends his hand, but Vader refuses to tag out and Shawn keeps the attacks coming. Vader makes the comeback with rights and lefts. He backs Shawn into a corner and splashes him as HBK IS YOUR FACE IN PERIL. That gets two. Vader drops a legdrop for two.Vader attacks Taker with two right hands that drop him off the apron. Now he goes up top and delivers the Vader Bomb, but Sid had blindly tagged in and the ref refuses to count the pinfall for Vader. This leads to Sid and Vader arguing as Taker rushes in and attacks both men. He gets a clothesline and flies over the top with his LUCHA TAKER plancha over Vader. This leaves Sid and HBK in the ring and HBK cues up the band, only for Sid to block it. He then kicks Shawn in the gut and gets the Vicious Bomb(Jacknife Powerbomb) for the 1-2-3. Sid now goes outside and helps Vader fend off Undertaker when they whip him aganist the ringpost. Sid tells Vader to splash HBK in the ring some more, but Vader throws a dirty look at Sid and leaves as Sid gives HBK another Vicious Bomb and leaves him down and out. He follows Vader and they argue as Raw goes off the air.*1/2

Winners: Sid & Vader

THUMBS IN THE MIDDLE for this Raw. Cassiddy and Corino was great and it marks what could be an awesome era of Lightweights in the WWF. Austin/Neidhart and Rocky/Chyna where good for buildup and Furnas/Bulldog was pretty good. Holly/Zenk was a really bad match and the main event served only as buildup without any good ring action.

Final Summerslam Card

WWF Championship Match:

Shawn Michaels© vs Syco Sid/with Jim Cornette

HBK and Sid have a long history and this is the match to end it all. If HBK looses...will he keep his promess of retiring as soon as he looses the title? One thing is for sure, HBK is more than anxious to get his hands on Sid, a man who has been at the verge of ending HBK's career several times with his vicious attacks. HBK is not at 100%, but his heart will make for it. What will happen when one of the most charismatic and acclaimed superstars of our time collides with the brute,savage force of Sid?

Texas Deathmatch:

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart

This rivalry has taken more twists and turns than a Disney World roller coaster. After finding out that everyone's bald headed, drunken, cursing redneck was right all along and that Bret Hart betrayed his fans, things will finally settle down in a Texas Deathmatch , Austin's speciality match. When two men hate each other as much as this two, blood and nonstop action is guaranteed. Who will prevail?

WWF Intercontinental Title: Chyna banned from ringside

Rocky Maivia vs Hunter Herst Helmsley©

Hunter's big plan has failed and now he has to face Rocky one on one without his bodyguard, a factor in HHH's title win last month,at ringside. Young Rocky has the chance to prove himself to the fans by defeating the arrogant blue collar heel.Will Rocky win? Or does HHH has a new plan?

WWF Tag Team Titles:

The Can-Am Express/with Shane McMahon vs Bulldog & Owen©/with Jim Cornette

Furnas and LaFon defeated Titan and Jacobs to earn this title shot. Bulldog and Owen seem to be an invinsible tag team, more so with Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart coming into the Cornette Camp and lending their expert tag team experience to this two. Furnas and LaFon have been on fire since Shane took over them. Which team will prevail?

Mask vs Hair:

Aldo Montoya vs Bob Holly

It all started with a simple tag team match, the betrayal of Bob Holly and his induction into The Backlund Empire.Now this rivalry has reached a peak as this men put their pride on the line in a match that spells revenge.Which one will loose their identity? Will Montoya's funny looking mask be off? Will it be Holly's long brown hair?

WWF Lightweight Title:

20 Man Battle Royale

The Smark Rant for WWF Shotgun

-Announcers: Todd Pettengil & Brian Pillman

-Taped from Miami,Florida

-Hayabusa/with Shane McMahon vs Barry Harowitz

Hayabusa offers a handshake to start, but Harowitz slaps Hayabusa in the face. Hayabusa simply takes it like a man and shrugs it off.Harowitz gets in the collar and elbow tie-up, but gets bend over by a stiff knee from Hayabusa, who then drops him down to the mat with a Japaneese Arm Drag and then drops a standing moonsault for two. Harowitz bails as Hayabusa flies over the top with a suicide dive and then sends Harowitz back into the ring.Hayabusa gets Rey Mysterio's Springboard Huracarana and gets two off that as Harowitz barely touches the ropes. Harowitz gets an eye gouge to try and gain momentum, but is dropped by a vicious reverse Death Valley Driver when he went to the ropes for momentum and now Hayabusa goes up top: Firebird Splash and that gets the three count. Just a squash to put Hayabusa over.1/2*

Winner: Hayabusa(55%)

-Leif Cassiddy/with Marty Jeannetty vs Curtis Hughes/with Clearance Mason

Hughes is big,black and angry as he attacks Leif from behind with the CLUBBERIN FOREARMS and backs Leif into the corner.He gets some kicks in the corner and looks for a splash, but Leif moves out of the way and Hughes meets the corner. Leif now dropkicks him outside and then flies over the top with a quebrada.Now he whips Hughes into the ring. As soon as Leif stands on the apron, Hughes attacks him and tries to suplex him inside, but Leif flies over and lands on his feet. He kicks Hughes and grabs him, taking him down with the Beast Choker for the submission at 4:35. Is this a push for Leif? *1/2

Winner:Leif Cassiddy(63%)

-It's Syco Time

Pretaped interview with Syco Sid:

Sid: "Shawn Michaels...in less than 24 hours the fans will have the chance of seeing you perish...perish at the hands of Syco Sid. I will not only take your WWF Championship, but I will also take your career.Because the moment when you promesed to retire if you lost your title, that moment my eyes glared with anticipation, I felt like a little kid at toys r us.Finally I would be able to avenge everything you have done to me and finally I will see you fall from your throne.You will live an eternal nightmare Shawn, everyday when you wake up and realise that I am at the top of the WWF, that no one can take me down, while you are sitting at home wondering why it happened...and there is nothing you can do about that.It's time, my time, Syco time!!! SYCO TIME!!!"(76%)

-HBK fires back

Pretaped interview with Shawn Michaels:

HBK" Syco Sid. I have to admit that I tought I was done with you already, but you came back and you came back stronger,fiercer and crazier than ever, with the goal of making my life a living hell.I am a man of my word and if you manage to defeat me, I am taking my leave from the WWF. But...and that's a big BUT, you still have to defeat me and that is no easy thing Sid. I am in the best condition I have ever been and I am more focused than ever in getting rid of you.I am no stepping stone for anyone Sid and you will learn the hardway that the only thing you get out of messing with HBK is some sweet..and I mean, Sweet Chin Music!!"(96%)

-Phil LaFon/with Shane McMahon & Doug Furnas vs Owen Hart/with Jim Cornette & British Bulldog

Owen and LaFon start the match with a fast-paced exchange of arm drags and other holds.Things settle down a little with Owen holding LaFon in a reverse chinlock, but LaFon quickly got away by getting to his feet and sending Owen into the ropes and back for a back bodydrop.LaFon pummels Owen into the corner and does the ten punch count, as Owen does a Flair flop to the mat.Now LaFon tries to lock the Dragon Sleeper,but Owen makes the ropes before the hold is completly locked on. Owen now tricks LaFon into an enziguri for two.Owen gets some headscissors and then a gutbuster for two.Owen goes up top and gets a beutiful top rope sunset flip for another two count.Now Owen tries to trick LaFon into another enziguri, but LaFon clotheslines Owen out of his boots. He gets a spinebuster and a DDT, before locking Owen in the Dragon Sleeper for the submission win.Abrupt finish, but solid match**. The requisite brawl breaks out afterwards.

Winner: Phil LaFon(76%)

THUMBS UP for a nice edition of Shotgun. Tomorrow is the big PPV, let's see if it delivers.

The Smark Rant for WWF Summerslam 1997

-Announcers: Jim Ross & Jerry "The King Lawler

- Live from Tampa Bay, Florida

- The WWF Flordia tour of sorts ends tomorrow night at Raw(which means that Shotgun and Superstars will also be in Florida) as Raw comes live from Orlando.(again?). By the way, the free for all match was not aired in the USA, only in Canada and Europe. In it, Goldust retained the WWF European Title by beating Crush from the NOD.

-Mask vs Hair:

Aldo Montoya/with Shane McMahon vs Bob Holly/with Bob Backlund

- Aldo runs into the ring and brawls with Holly as soon as the bell rings. Shane and Backlund get into a little show of fistcuffmanship as well and are both sent to the back by the ref,leaving the actual wrestlers to do their thing.Holly gets pushed into the corner and stomped by Montoya as the crowd has a decent reaction towards him.Aldo continues the punishment, but Holly does the old thumb to the eye to take control and inmediatly sets Aldo up and delivers the best dropkick in the business.

Holly takes Aldo to the corner and punches him several times before whipping him hard into the other corner as Aldo falls face first from the impact.Holly helps Aldo to his feet and hip tosses him back down and locks a chinlock.Aldo fights out and takes Holly to the ropes, but Holly pulls Aldo by the hair and back down to the mat and the chinlock.Aldo fights out again and once again takes Holly to the ropes,but telegraphs a backdrop and Holly kicks him,followed by a clothesline and that gets two.

Holly now takes Aldo down with a neckbreaker for another close fall.Aldo fights back and makes the superman comeback by blocking some punches and delivering some of his own,then takes Holly to the ropes and gets the backdrop.He clotheslines Holly to the outside and jumps out with a Quebrada.

Bob Backlund makes his way to the ring area, but Shane is close behind and they brawl.Backlund,being a former WWF Champion and all,dominates Shane and sends him to the guardrail as Aldo is taking Holly back into the ring.Backlund manages to intercept Aldo before he makes it to the ring and connects with brass knucks.He then tosses Aldo into the ring where the ref was distracted checking on Holly's condition. How convenient. This leads to the ref administering the ten count to see who gets up first and both men manage to make it up relatively at the same time. Aldo is clearly holding his ribs and is bent over, a chance Holly uses to get the Rulebreaker(Alabama Slam)and the pinfall win at 8:08. Holly then unmasks Aldo, who was almost unconsious.Aldo doesnt even make an effort to cover his face and walks backstage with his head down as Holly gives Aldo's mask to Backlund and he starts yelling "Another gimmnick finished" at the top of his lungs.*1/2

Winner: Bob Holly(61%)

-WWF Tag Team Titles:

The Can-Am Express/with Shane McMahon vs Bulldog & Owen©/with Jim Cornette

-LaFon and Owen start and they trade chops before LaFon drop toe holds Owen into a headlock and they transition into Owen escaping with elbows and then gets a backdrop for two. They trade arm drags and now Owen dropkicks the knee and locks a kneebar.He tries to turn the move into an early Sharpshooter,but LaFon kicks him in the ass and shoves him to break the hold.Owen tries a clothesline,but LaFon ducks and grabs Owen in the Dragon Sleeper,effectively taking him down to the mat as the crowd cheers,but Bulldog breaks.

Owen and LaFon trade punches and Owen tricks LaFon into the enziguri and tags Bulldog.Bulldog throws LaFon around the ring like a ragdoll and KILLS HIM DEAD with a clothesline. Bulldog gets the Hanging Vertical Suplex and that gets two as Furnas breaks.Bulldog gets a Gorilla Press Slam for another near fall. He whips LaFon into the ropes and tries another clothesline that LaFon ducks and he gets a rear-naked chokedrop!!! Long time since I have seen that move for the last time.That gives us the double KO.

HOT TAG Furnas and he is your HOUSE ON FIRE. Punches and kicks for everyone!! He even knocks Cornette of the apron.We get the requisite Pier 6 Brawl and all hell breaks loose. Bob Backlund walks down with Glen Jacobs and Rick Titan. Titan pulls LaFon out and they brawl,while Jacobs does the same with Owen.

Furnas and Bulldog are left alone in the ring. Furnas targets Bulldog and goes for the Frankensteiner, but Bulldog reverses into a powerbomb(that looked like it hurt Furnas legit) and gets the pinfall win.The end was too messed up for my tastes.**1/2

The three teams brawl backstage.

Winners and still Tag Team Champions: Bulldog & Owen(74%)

-WWF Lightweight Title: 20 Man battle royale

To no one's surprise,Aldo Montoya doesnt show up and this is a 19 man battle royale instead.Oh and by the way, the mistery man turns out to be CHRIS CANDIDO in his WWF return as Sunny walks down to the ring with him and Jody Fleisch,one in each arm.Bodydonnas they aint. I am a little bit shocked to see Candido back in the WWF after Shawn Michaels humiliated him in his last tenure.But I suppose not everyone is a crying fool like Shane Douglas.

The match is too fucked up to be recapped fully at the start with all men brawling and doing some quick "almost out" spots. Mr.Aguila is the first one out as he misses a crossbody attempt towards Sho Funaki. Of course, Funaki follows after he makes fun of Aguila and gets dumped by Flash Funk. Wolfie D and JC Ice are eliminated one after the other by Hayabusa and Liger,who then look at each other and go at it with a nice sequence of reversals and counter reversals.Of course, then fun ends with Candido and Fleisch acting as a team and working them over.Brian Pillman catapults Tom Zenk over the top and TAKA dumps Rick Martel seconds after. Tajiri and TAKA are gone via RVD and Whipwreck.

Everybody pairs off and Fleisch eliminates Hayabusa and himself with a clothesline.Candido eliminates Whipwreck and wastes time posing, which leads to RVD spinkicking him out. Marty Jeannetty tries to eliminate his own partner, Leif Cassiddy,but he hangs on to the ropes.Steve Corino, who has been running and hiding all this time,eliminates Liger from behind while he was busy with Flash Funk and then takes Funk out as well.Cassiddy gets back into the ring and dumps Jeannetty as payback.Marty is pissed,but Leif kinda tells him to cool off and gets back to the match.

The final four are: Steve Corino,Rob Van Dam,Brian Pillman and Leif Cassiddy.

Pillman and RVD have a change of awesome-ness as the crowd cheers on. I suppose they are trying to show which one is the coolest, but Corino sneaks in and dumps them both. Pillman and RVD then go backstage,probably to share some weed as Corino points to his head and brags about how smart he is.He turns into a kick from Cassiddy,who then takes him down into the Beast Choker!!! Corino taps like crazy,but he has to go over the top to loose.

So Leif helps him to his feet and throws him over the top, but Corino hangs on. Leif kicks,punches and shoves Corino,but he hangs on for dear life. Leif goes to the ropes for momentum, but Corino lowers the ropes and he falls out!! Steve Corino wins the title as he outsmarted Leif in that final move. Great way to crown a cowardly champion. I dont rate battle royales, but this one was decent.Corino played to his character in this one, using his brain more than his brawn.

Winner and new WWF Lightweight Champion: Steve Corino(65%)

-Hunter still has a plan

Backstage, Howard Finkel interviews Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Howard: " I am standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion,Hunter Hearst Helmsley as he prepares to defend the title aganist Rocky Maivia tonight,with Chyna banned from ringside. Hunter, with your bodyguard away, will you still be able to defeat Rocky Maivia?"

HHH: "Howard, your question is offensive.Chyna is just in my corner to protect me from this rabid fans that always want a piece of me, because they are not as good as me and they dont have all the money I have. She is never a factor on my matches, so I consider this stipulation unesesary.But still, that's how unfair the WWF is, always favoring Rocky Maivia.However, Rocky,if you think you will get this title belt tonight, let me remind you that I have beaten you before and I will beat you again. No man has ever gotten up from the Pedigree and you are no exception. I will destroy you Rocky Maivia, I will beat you clean in the ring and I will send you back home to mommy and daddy crying. You are nothing Rocky, nothing but a cheater, nothing but a liar....and tonight, I will expose you for what you truly are."(89%)

-WWF Intercontinental Title:

Rocky Maivia vs Hunter Herst Helmsley©

Hunter walks down to the ring with the Intercontinental Title in firm grasp,looking confident that he will retain the title. Maivia walks down looking serious and ready for business with a stare unlike him. Some people in the front rows start a "Rocky Sucks" chant, but the only thing Rocky does is look at them with the same cold stare and then back at Hunter.

They trade punches and brawl a little to start the match as Rocky gets the upperhand and manages to clothesline Hunter to the outside.Rocky is a man possesed as he sends Hunter into the guardrail and stomps a mudhole.He then sends Hunter face first into the ringpost and then whips him back first into the stairs. Hunter is busted open as the crowd actually chants for Rocky!!Rocky sends Hunter into the ring where he crawls to the ropes and begs for mercy. Rocky gives him a few seconds before going back on offense. He whips Hunter into the corner, but misses the blind charge and Hunter takes him down with a clothesline as we hit the Double KO.

Both men get up almost at the same time, but it's Hunter who controls after an exchange of punches.He sends Rocky to the ropes and gets the dreaded Knee to the Face and then drops several kneedrops for two.He backs Rocky into the corner and delivers some shoulder thrusts, some chops and then snap mares Rocky out of the corner into a chinlock.Rocky makes the comeback and manages to back Hunter into the ropes and in for a backdrop on the rebound.Rocky backs Hunter with right hands and then whips him to the ropes in for a clothesline...and then another one...and another one.He gets a kick to the gut and a quick DDT for two.Hunter hammers Rocky in the back, but Rocky shrugs it off and sends him to the ropes and back for the yet unamed Uranage for the 1-2-3 and the Intercontinental Title at 12:35. Solid bout ***

Winner and new Intercontinental Champion: Rocky Maivia(79%)

- The Hitman's final words for Austin

-Backstage, Jim Cornette and the rest of the Cornette Camp/Hart Foundation coglomerate is celebrating Owen and Bulldog's win over the Can-Am Express. Cornette is talking to Sid, pumping him up for his title match with HBK later on as Vader has a look of disgust on his face and sits on a corner away from the festivities. Bret drapes one arm over Owen and one over Bulldog and congratulates them. He then asks for them to be serious for a minute and gets closer to the camera.

Bret: " You see America. This is why Canada is the superior country. We have values, we work as a team. We are not egotistical maniacs like americans are. We are celebrating with champagne, not with american beer like that piece of garbage Steve Austin. But tonight americans, as much as I despise you, I will do you all a big favor. I will rid the world of Steve Austin once and for all, I will rid the world of that foul-talking beer drinking redneck. I will prove why I am the superior athlete, the one that is focused, the one that has real skill, the one that can be a role model for all you people to follow. I am the Hitman, the Excellence of the Execution, the best their is, the best their was and the best their will ever be. After I am finished with Austin tonight, all you americans will be forced to accept that as a fact."(92%)

-Texas Deathmatch:

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Bret "The Hitman" Hart

- The Hitman comes out first to his music, but Austin attacks from behind before he finishes his entrance. He inmeditaly sends Bret into the guardrail and stomps the mudhole as the crowd cheers on. He takes Bret's jacket off, spits on it and throws it on Bret's face, before continuing with the stomping. Now he takes Bret to the ringside area and sends him straight into the steel steps.

Austin continues the non-stop barrage of punches and kicks until Bret manages to reverse a whip and send Austin aganist the ringpost. Bret inmediatly sets his sights on the leg and tackles it from behind. He works the leg over with kicks and stomps. He then drags Austin close to the ring steps and jumps down from them with a huge stomp to the inside leg as Austin screams. Bret tries to drop the steps on Austin's leg, but he rolls out of the way.

Bret now punches Austin's head with incredible fury and takes him head first into the spanish announcers table. Bret breaks one of the monitors on Austin's head and he is busted open badly. He takes one of the announcers notes and shoves the paper down Austin's mouth and sends him back headfirst into the table. Now Bret sets Austin up for a piledriver trough the table, but Austin hangs on for dear life. Bret keeps fighting for the move, but Austin goes low to break.Now they trade punches on top of the table and Austin dominates, with Bret falling down from the table and Austin jumping down on him with a double axhandle, which brings Bret down, but hurts Austin's leg. Austin hobbles towards Bret, but Bret drop toe holds him into the remains of the steel steps. Austin's blood is dripping everwhere. Now Bret DDT's Austin in the floor and covers for the 1-2-3. The ref starts the 10 count, but Austin is back up at 5. Bret badmouths Austin, but Austin spits on his face!! Bret gets enraged and charges Austin, but he backdrops him trough the spanish announce table!!! Bret most have gone 4 feet in the air and back first into the table. Austin quickly covers for the 1-2-3. Bret gets back up at 7.

Austin now whips Bret hard into the ringpost. Bret is busted open. Austin takes the ringbell and nails Bret with it several times for another 1-2-3. Bret is back up at 6. Austin tries to nail him again with the ringbell, but Bret ducks and dropkicks the leg to bring Austin down. He takes Austin into the ring(finally) and continues to work the leg. He goes outside and sends Austin's leg into the ringpost several times, before locking the ringpost Figure Four. Austin passes out from the pain for the 1-2-3. He gets up at 8 however.

Bret charges Austin, but Austin KICK WHAM STUNNER out of nowhere for the 1-2-3. Bret gets up at 7. Austin charges Bret and takes him outside. They brawl around ringside and eventually to the rampway. They are at the entrance now and they battle back and forth with punches. They are getting closer to the edge.

Bret tries a clothesline out of nowhere, but Austin ducks and KICK WHAM STUNNER!!! Bret bounces back and falls from the rampway and trough some tables!! Austin goes down and covers for the 1-2-3. The ref starts the count and it reaches ten before Bret even moves. Stone Cold has won the match!!. Wild Brawl ****.

Winner: Steve Austin (84%)

- HBK/Sid video

They air a video of the history between Shawn Michaels and Syco Sid. They show several shots of Sid javelining HBK to the ringpost viciously and his promess to end HBK's career. (76%)

-WWF World Title:

Shawn Michaels© vs Syco Sid

- HBK gets a thunderous ovation and I suppose he will use that as an excuse for not jobbing the title to Bret in a couple of months.

Both men staredown as Sid towers over HBK. They trade shots to start the match with Sid dominating the smaller Michaels and backing him aganist the corner. He continues the punch-fest all over HBK in the corner and then does the Nash Choke.Sid now whips HBK hard, backfirst to the opposite corner and HBK drops foward,with one hand in his back, while screaming in pain.Sid repeats the move three more times and HBK screams louder after each one. Sid with the CLUBBERIN FOREARMS and now gets a short arm clothesline for two.

Sid with Snake Eyes and a chokeslam variant for two. Sid looks really angry because HBK wont stay down and now clotheslines him over the top rope and to the outside. Sid sends HBK hard aganist the ringpost and HBK blades.

Sid now throws HBK throat first into the guardrail and pummels him some more. HBK is just pinballing around the ring. Sid now sets HBK up in position for the javelin to the post, but HBK manages to slip out and shove Sid into the ringpost to a loud pop. HBK makes the comeback with right hands, but Sid stops that with a kick to the gut and sends him aganist the side of the ring. Sid sends HBK back inside and gets a Gorilla Press Slam for two.Sid now sets HBK up for the Vicious Bomb, but HBK backdrops out and gets the Sweet Chin Music out of nowhere as both men fall down for the Double KO.

At this point, Jim Cornette starts to walk down to the ring with Vader and starts giving him instructions on what to do.

He tells Vader to go into the ring, but Vader refuses. At this precise time, HBK manages to kip up and start charging the motors. Sid gets up and HBK rattles him with the Flying Forearm. HBK gets some lefts and rights and Sid is actually selling!!!

Vader finally starts walking towards the ring as Jim Cornette distracts the ref. Vader gets in and prepares to charge HBK, but he moves and Vader drops Sid with a clothesline!!! Vader backs off and actually smiles, liking what he has done. Sid manages to get up, furious at Vader, which takes his mind of the match and when he turns around....SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!!. Shawn covers and gets the 1-2-3. to reatain the title. ***

Winner: Shawn Michaels(79%)

As Summerslam goes off the air, HBK celebrates with his belt, Sid looks furious as he crawls in the floor and Vader argues with Jim Cornette. Thumbs UP for Summerslam.

WWF news and notes

- The buyrate for WWF Summerslam was 0.61, the highest buyrate they have gotten in the whole year. WWF is expecting to extend their In Your House PPV series to three hours for the same $19.95 price as a gift to the fans and to see if they get bigger buyrates. The price for the big 5 is still $29.95.

Credit: PWTorch newsletter

- WWF has released the poster for their next PPV, In Your House: Enter the Dungeon. It features Bret Hart and Steve Austin in a dark room, with what looks to be the Nation of Domination in the background. They are shadows, but they are making the Nation sign. Interesting note is that it shows 8 shadows and the Nation only has 5 members.

Credit PWTorch Newsletter

- Mike Awesome is expected to debut next week on Raw and not tonight as previously reported. Vince McMahon is very high on Awesome and expects him to be a central figure in the promotion in the near future.

Credit insidewrestling.com

- WWF will debut Aldo Montoya's new character tonight on Raw. A video for the character was shot in the facilities of the USWA on Saturday, prior to his unmasking.

Credit: Insidewrestling.com

- Ahmed Johnson is expected to be back tonight on Raw.

Credit: Insidewrestling.com

- Rocky Maivia's heel turn has been delayed until next month. The WWF wants to get sympathy towards him before turning him.

Credit: PWTorch newsletter

- Hunter Hearst Helmsley's Intercontinental Title run was a favor to Shawn Michaels. The WWF is not too high on his work and that's why his run was short. His promos are good and that might keep him in the upper midcard of the WWF.

Credit: Smarks.com

- Armando Rodriguez, the new lead booker of the WWF and WWF Champion Shawn Michaels got into an argument backstage after Summerslam. HBK came back and after getting his wounds treated, he called Nash and Hall to tell them about the PPV, which pissed off Rodriguez, who considers them enemies. Shawn told Rodriguez that he had all the right to call his friends, to which Rodriguez replied that he had no right to tell them about the PPV. Bret Hart of all people interfered on behalf of Rodriguez and cooled down the situation.

Credit: insiders.com

More WWF news and items, WWF Raw preview and more on HBK/Rodriguez confrontation

- More on the HBK/Rodriguez fight:

It seems the verbal fight between Shawn Michaels and Armando Rodriguez is totally real. HBK was speaking to Nash and Hall in a conference cellphone call right after the PPV ended. Rodriguez overheard some things HBK was telling them, like how they will proceed with the Aldo Montoya character and how he will drop the title to someone before he goes on break. He went as far as to say that he will not drop the belt to Bret Hart no matter what they do. At this instance Rodriguez took notice and yanked the cellphone away from Shawn. Rodriguez said that HBK had no right to tell company details to WCW wrestlers and verbally fined him for $10,000 on the spot. HBK threw one of his tantrums about how he is the top guy in the company and threatend Rodriguez, but Bret Hart stepped between them and pulled Rodriguez back. The Undertaker also stood up to Shawn and threatened to kick his ass if he continued his "little game". Rodriguez went as far as to tell Shawn that if he wants to go to WCW so bad, he would release him on the spot. Shawn then backed off, seeing that Rodriguez was serious and left the arena on a bad mood. It is rumored that Shawn then called Rodriguez later that night and apologized over the incident. It is curious to see The Undertaker, one of the guys who was unhappy about Rodriguez coming into the promotion standing up for him. Many rumor this is Undertaker trying to earn a reward. As for Bret, it is rumored that he and Rodriguez have become close friends.

- Rodriguez has also earn the respect and friendship of several guys in the promotion. Owen Hart is another guy who has been seen hanging out with him in bars and other places. Savio Vega, being Puerto Rican and all, has become his closest ally and is constantly at Rodriguez side. Stone Cold and Rocky Maivia are also guys who defend Rodriguez from other wrestlers that are mad at him. Some of this guys like Hunter Herst Helmsley do it for their other friends(Hunter and HBK are best buddies), while people like Fatu(The Sultan) and Ludvig Borga(The Executioner) do so because they have become glorified jobbers.

- Rodriguez was also seen at the USWA facilites this past saturday looking for guys to be called up to the main roster. Some of them are supposed to join the Nation of Domination. D'lo Brown, Mark Henry and K-Krush where among the guys Rodriguez considered. Rodriguez was also impressed by the progress of other superstars and promesed to design gimmnicks for them.

- Rodriguez has also had meetings with certain wrestlers to come into the promotion. Rodriguez had an idea about an all japaneese stable and has had meetings with Masato Tanaka(ECW) and Keiji Mutoh (All Japan). It is unknown if the will come into the WWF anytime soon.

- Captain Lou Albano announced he will retire at the end of September. The WWF and Rodriguez met with him about next year's Wrestlemania, where the WWF Hall of Fame will make a return and they expect Albano to accept an invitation to join the hall.

- Their is an ungoing rumor that a WCW wrestler will jump ship to the WWF when his current contract ends. There have been some names dropped, most notably Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit and Diamond Dallas Page. It is unknown if it is one of them or neither at all.

WWF Monday Night Raw preview:

- WWF Title match:

Shawn Michaels© vs Savio Vega

- WWF Intercontiental Title match:

Rocky Maivia© vs The Executioner

- WWF Lightweight Title match:

Mr. Aguila vs Steve Corino©

Plus: We will hear live from Aldo Montoya!! Bret Hart has a challenge for Steve Austin!!

The Smark Rant for WWF Monday Night Raw

- The PPV last night was good and definetively the best the WWF has done this year. The announced matches look crappy, but I have hopes for an eventful Raw.

-Announcers: Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler

- The Hitman wants to settle the score

- As soon as Raw goes on the air, the music of Bret "The Hitman" Hart blares over the speakers and he walks out all bandaged up and limping from his right leg. He calls for the mic as the crowd boo's his appearance.

Bret: "That's the difference between you americans and us canadians. Last night I gave my all in my match with Austin and I eventually lost when Austin tried to end my career by sending me crashing down from the rampway, 15 feet down into a stack of production tables. MY career could have been ended, I could have died or at least suffer permanent injury. But you people didnt care. You cheered Austin's actions once more, without even thinking about the man that suffered such an atrocity.However, thanks to God, who definetively has to be Canadian, I am standing here tonight, bruised, battered and beaten...but not injured seriously and not done. I am not done and I wont be until I do my fans in Canada, Europe, England, Germany, Asia and Africa a favor and rid them all of Stone Cold Steve Austin.Austin had it all last night, he was here in the USA, so he had homefield advantage. It was his type of match, which gives him an edge. Now I wonder how Austin would have fared if the match had been in Canada and in my type of match. I am sure thinks would have been different. That's why I want to settle the score, I want to end this rivalry once and for all. I understand that Austin ran off and he has the night off tonight and he is probably drinking in some meaningless bar in Texas watching the show. But Austin, I have a challenge. I know that you want to end this as much as I do. So this is how it's going to be. September 19th at In Your House: Enter the Dungeon. You and me one more time. This time in my homefield, live from Calgary,Alberta,Canada. The stipulations...simple. Win or lose the match, we cant ask for a rematch and we cant never wrestle each other ever again. Plus, it will be my type of match. It will be inside the Hart Dungeon. It will be inside my own house, the place my dad Stu Hart uses to train the best wrestlers in the world. The place that every wrestler wannabe wants to enter, but is too afraid to.But dont worry Austin...the place will be empty. It will be just you and me and we can tear the place down in our way to prove who is the best. That is my challenge to you Austin. I know you are not here, but you will be next week and then I want you to sign the contract and accept my terms like I accepted yours before. This will be it Austin, the final match to end our little dispute. But once it is over, their will be no shadow of a doubt who is the best. Not that their is anyway, I am the best their is, the best their was and the best their will ever be. And on September 19th, I will prove to you and the world that it is a fact."

- Hart throws the mic down and hobbles backstage to more boo's as the challenge has been made.(97%)

*Commercial Break*

-WWF Lightweight Title:

Mr. Aguila vs Steve Corino©

Corino quickly challenges Aguila to a test of strenght and uses the ol' thumb to the eye to take control as he takes Aguila down and locks an armbar.Aguila quickly escapes and they trade some flippity floppity stuff which ends on several near falls for Aguila in roll-up variants.Corino takes down Aguila with a clothesline and then arm drags him down into another arm bar.Aguila once again escapes and goes to the ropes. He hits Corino with a nice spinning heel kick and covers for two. Aguila gets head scissors and then drops Corino with a modified sidekick for two.Aguila with a bridged Huracarana for two.He tries again, but Corino drops him with a powerbomb for two. Aguila staggers up and Corino gets an enziguri for two. Aguila staggers up again and this time Corino gets the Old School Xplosion and then locks the Crossface Chicken Wing for the tap out at 5:15. Corino stomps Aguila after the bell and locks the Chicken Wing again until Leif Cassiddy makes the save and Corino heads backstage furious. *1/2

Winner: Steve Corino(65%)

-Corino throws a fit

- Howard Finkel rushes in to interview Corino right after the past events.

Finkel: "Steve Corino. We just witnessed an amazing title defense marred by your decision to attack Mr. Aguila after the bell and Leif Cassiddy making the save. As soon as you realised Leif was in the ring, you bailed out. My question is, are you afraid of Leif Cassiddy after you tapped out to his Beast Choker submission hold last week on Raw and last night during the battle royal at Summerslam?"

Corino: " First of all Howard , I never tapped out. I was just touching the mat repeteadly in order to gather strenght, that is not quitting. If Leif Cassiddy wants to get involved in my matches, why not facing me next week here on Raw? I will show him why I am the King of Old School and why the Crossface Chicken Wing is the most devastating submission hold in the world. Leif Cassiddy, next week here on Raw it's time to go to school....old school!" (80%)

*Commercial Break*

-The Can-Am Connection/with Shane McMahon vs Backlund Security/with Bob Backlund

- Rick Martel and Rick Titan start as Martel gets some quick shots before being taken down by a Titan clothesline. Titan with the CLUBBERIN FOREARMS and pushes Martel into the heel corner where Jacobs chokes him before the ref's back. Titan tags Jacobs and he keeps the low key offense going with the Nash Choke and then a chokelift slam for two. He tags Titan back in and he gets the Fallaway Slam for two. Martel now ducks a short arm clothesline and dropkicks the leg to bring Titan down. Martel tries to make it to the corner, but Titan pulls him back to the center of the ring. He tries the Titanic Powerbomb, but Martel hammers the knee to break and manages to crawl to the coner and make the HOT TAG to Tom Zenk.

Zenk comes in and attacks Titan with lefts and rights. Then he goes to the ropes and clotheslines Titan, but he staggers and wont fall. Back to the ropes and now he nails a Crossbody and takes Titan down for two. Titan now catches Zenk off guard with a knee to the gut and hammers the back, before sending him shoulder first into the corner. Tag to Jacobs and the Nash Choke again. He whips Zenk hard into the opposite corner and kills him with a clothesline. Back to the original corner and kills him again.

At this time Phil LaFon and Doug Furnas start walking down the aisle. Jacobs gets distracted as Zenk manages to give the tag to Rick Martel. Titan and Backlund are also distracted as Martel sneaks in and rolls Jacobs up from behind for the win at 8:19. Jacobs and Titan are pissed and stuff as LaFon, Furnas, Shane,Martel and Zenk retreat to the back all smiles. Boring match *.

Winners: THe Can-Am Connection(64%)

- No more Vader

- As soon as the ring clears up, Jim Cornette walks down to the ring with Sid Vicious, Jim Neidhart, Owen Hart and British Bulldog. He is all red and fired up as he picks the mic:

Cornette: " You know..last night, one of my men, my pupils, the men I represent,had the big idea of not following instructions and costing Sid the WWF Title and the chance to end Shawn Michaels career. That man was Vader. But you see, I am a forgiving man. I could get upset and fire Vader or worst still, plot something to end his career here in the WWF. But I understand Vader's reasons. Jealously maybe. Feeling left out maybe. Trying to prove you are the better man might be also. That's why Vader, I forgive you. I have set a match between you and Sid next week here on Raw and you will get the chance to end your little competition once and for all. Then, we can reconcile and be the great family we where. Do you like it monster?"

Vader comes out looking serious. He steps into the ring and never takes his eyes off the other men. He takes the mic.

Vader: "You know something Jim? You might be right. I felt left out. I felt that you brought me here to the WWF to accomplish something and I couldnt. I failed. But I have realised that it is not my fault. You see, I have never been able to truly do what I want. To challenge who I want and to beat the living hell out of who I want. You have always given me instructions, you have always decided who should I beat up. But the problem is not that. The problem is that you broght this man, this blonde freak to our little group. I dont know if you are stupid or what, but you dont realize all the problems we had down south in that other second rate promotion. You never asked my opionon, as always, you just bring this guy in and tell me to forget everything and like him. Well, hell no!! I am glad you gave me this chance to put this asshole in his place. It's not Syco Time anymore and it never was in the first place. It is Vader time!! Vader Time!!!..."

The Hart Foundation/Cornette Camp jump Vader and demolish him before he is finished. Vader wont go down without a fight and he manages to knock almost everybody down before brawling with Sid. He seems to get the upper hand, but Owen knocks him down from behind with the rackett and the whole group gangs up on him. Bulldog gets a chair and tosses it to Sid, who proceeds to nail Vader over the head a good 10 times. Vader is left a bloody mess as we go to commercial.(69%)

*** Commercial Break ***

- Enter PJ Walker

- Some heavy metal riffs play in the background as a bald guy with a singapore cane, wearing a black shirt with a bloody chair painted on and short denim comes into the ring with a scared-looking Shane McMahon right behind. For the face I can decipher that it is Aldo Montoya as seen last night, but bald. Balds = ratings I suppose.

PJ " Now you might be all wondering who the hell I am. OK, I have a little story for you. My name is PJ Walker. That doesnt ring a bell does it? OK, let's take a trip down memory lane to 1993. I was working in several independent promotions when I got approached by WWF executives and signed to a contract with them. While working in the WWF's minor leagues, I was known as the most violent, sadistic man in the league. I was the simbol of violence and hardcore. C'mon guys, cue up the video."

- A video is shown with PJ Walker beating up several guys to a bloody pulp. This was the video that was shot at the USWA facilities last saturday and it features some of their developmental talent like Scott Borders and AJ Styles getting beat up to bloody pulps.

PJ "That used to be me. But one night, something terrible happened. I was facing a man named Pat Briscoe. The fans where cheering me on like crazy, claiming for me to drop him down with the most devastating move in the sport, the spinning piledriver.As I set him up for the move, I noticed a chair near by. So I decided to drop him on top of the chair with all the viciousness that I possesed and won the match easly, 1-2-3. However, after the match my opponent didnt get up.He stood there, unable to move as his kids and wife came into the ring crying. He was paralized for life and would never walk again. I felt like a monster...the monster I really was. I felt terrible. I felt the need to die. So I called up WWF president Gorilla Monsoon and told him that I quit, I was done with wrestling, I didnt want to hurt people anymore. But he had other things in mind. He wanted me to give wrestling a second chance, to forget hardcore and become a new man. He even gave me a mask I could hide my face in. He gave me the character of Aldo Montoya, Portugueese Man O War. What the hell is that anyway? It was maybe the stupidest name ever, with a colorful outfit that made me look like a clown. But I took the chance. I took the job....and I liked it. I didnt care if I won or loose, I just enjoyed wrestling. The little money I earned went to the kids and wife of Pat Briscoe. I felt I was doing something for them and for me also.The mask of Aldo Montoya made me forget who I was and why I was here. It took some of the burden away."

- The crowd is silent as he continues:

PJ: "But last night all that was taken away as well. Bob Holly and Bob Backlund, with his little Backlund Empire and his "I want to finish gimmnicks" attitude ruined it.My face was exposed...I couldnt wrestle no more.I was about to quit when I got a phone call. It was from Pat Briscoe himself.As I told him that I was about to quit, he told me that I shouldnt. That he believed in accidents and that he believed his injury was an accident. He told me that instead of quitting and going home, I should go out there and get revenge from the men that did this to me. Pat told me that he was living a little bit of his dream trough me during all these years and he didnt want it to end like this. After I hunged up I went into Gorilla Monsoon's office and told him I wanted a rematch. I wanted revenge. I needed PJ Walker to return. But PJ Walker is too violent, too hardcore.The WWF could get sued if I hurt somebody. But that wont happen. What Shane has on his hands is a contract. A contract for Bob Holly. A contract with several stipulations. I want Shane to read it out loud."

Shane: " This contract is for a rematch between PJ Walker and Bob Holly. It is a challenge for a match at In Your House: Enter the Dungeon on September 19th 1997 from Calgary Alberta Canada. It's stipulations are as follows. Shane McMahon, that would be me, will be handcuffed to Bob Backlund. If PJ Walker looses the match, he will join the Backlund Empire and all of Shane McMahon's wrestlers will become free agents. Shane McMahon will forfeit his managers licence and retire for good. The...."

- PJ Walker cuts him off

PJ: "That sounds like one hell of a deal for Backlund doesnt it? But it has a catch. The match will be an Unsanctioned Pennsylvania Street Fight!!!. That is my challenge Backlund and Holly. I understand that you are not here tonight, but I want you two to make a decision for next week at Raw. I just hope that you have your balls in their place and accept my challenge. Because I am not a talker, I am a Walker,and at In Your House: Enter the Dungeon, I will walk out and break bones once more!!" (69%)

- The crowd reacts a little to the promo,better reaction than to Aldo that's for sure.

-Rocky wont complain

- Inmeadiatly after the Walker promo, we are taken backstage where the new Intercontinental Champion Rocky Maivia is standing by with Howard Finkel.

Finkel: " I am standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion Rocky Maivia. Now Rocky, last night's win was amazing, but you have created a lot of buzz in the locker room with your new attitude. Last night you ignored the Rocky sucks chants and where determined to prove them wrong and you did. You even got the crowd to cheer for you. How do you feel about the crowd's reactions towards you and what motivated you to have such a drastic change?"

Rocky: Well Howard...it was various things. I have to admit that the Rocky Sucks chants hurt, but last night I had a little pep talk from my dad Rocky Johnson and he told me that this things happen. I cant force the fans to like me and that's why I decided to ignore that and concentrate myself on wrestling and that's what I do best. It worked. Not only am I the Intercontinental Champion once again, but the crowd actually responded the way I wanted for the first time in a very long time. I hope they continue supporting me like this because as long as they do, Rocky Maivia will hold this Intercontiental Championship and that is a promess to all my fans." (98%)

Crowd actually reacts positevely to the promo.

-WWF Intercontinental Title match:

Rocky Maivia© vs The Executioner

Paul Bearer is not with The Executioner. It seems he is taking a break from TV and since the Executioner is pretty much dead at this point.

Roicky brawls with Executioner to start and gets tossed outside after a clothesline.Executioner follows and tosses Rocky to the guardrail. He tries tossing Rocky aganist the ringpost, but he reverses and sends Executioner into it. Back in the ring Rocky controls with punches and kicks and backs Executioner into the corner, where he does the ten punch count and the crowd sings along. Some Rocky Sucks chants start, but most of the reaction is positive. Rocky then whips Executioner into the opposite corner and kills him with a clothesline. Executioner staggers out into a quick DDT for two.Executioner gets up and is inmediatly met by a kick to the gut and The Shoulderbreaker for two. Rocky now whips Executioner into the ropes and back for the Uranage and the win at 4:35. SQUASH CITY!!!. Rocky poses with the belt, but Ahmed Johnson makes his return and attacks Rocky!!! He kills Rocky with a clothesline and then the Pearl River Plunge!! Rocky is layed out as Ahmed poses with his IC Title!!.

Winner: Rocky Maivia(83%)

*Ahmed Johnson's heel turn was completed and he gained overness from this turn.*

- Awesome-ly good

We get a video on-screen. It starts with the words "COMING SOON TO THE WWF" and then "A BACKLUND EMPIRE ACQUISITION" followed by "THE CAREER KILLER!!! and "THE HUMAN WRECKING MACHINE". Then we are shown video footage from Japan of Mike Awesome powerbombing and dismantling some japaneese guys. The video ends with "THIS SUNDAY, SUPERSTARS WILL BE AWESOME". (54%)

-WWF World Title:

Shawn Michaels© vs Savio Vega

Shawn gets a great crowd reaction coming in. Savio in the main event? Has to be a Puerto Rican booker.

They brawl to start as Shawn gets backed into the corner, but blind charge misses and HBK gets the Sweet Chin Music for the win at 0:17!!! Farooq runs in and beats HBK down. Farooq gives HBK Three Dominators and as HBK is layed out, he gets a mic:

Farooq: " I came out here to politely ask you for a world title shot.But just to make sure, I gave you a little taste of what's going to be like for you if you dont give me that shot."

Winner: Shawn Michaels(76%)

What kind of crap show was this? Plenty of angle development, but most of it was squash matches and one stupid promo by Farooq. THUMBS WAY DOWN

-Taped from Orlando, Florida

-Your announcers are Todd Pettengil & Sunny

- No actual explanation as of why is not Pillman with Pettengil today. After a brief rundown of the events at Raw (the worst since Rodriguez started booking thus far), the music of the Nation of Domination hits.

- Enter T.R.U.T.H.

- Farooq walks out first, flanked by Savio and Crush, with Wolfie D and JC Ice close behind and newcomer Ron Killings or K-Krush from the USWA behind them all. They step into the ring and Farooq calls for the mic:

Farooq: "As you all know from our time here in the WWF, The Nation of Domination prides itself in bringing the best talents from all the nations and all the races togheter in order to truly dominate and become the most powerful force in the WWF bar none. We all have a problem with society. Savio has a problem with those that under estimate latin americans and puerto ricans specially. Crush has a problem with those who dont like bikers and red necks. JC and Wolfie are tired of society making rappers look as the culprits of the decay of humanity. But finally, I have found someone who shares my same problem with humanity. Someone who shares my same dilema, the fact that we, the black, african american people are still looked over the shoulder. We are still looked as inferior by those rich white boys in the big houses. That man is the new member of the Nation of Domination...T.R.U.T.H.!!"

Truth: " That's right yo all. You see,you are already booing us..and why? Because we are diferent..and because we speak the truth. What is it with all you people huh? If somebody kills a black man, nothing happens. He is just another black man. But if a white boy is killed by a black man, we get the electric chair or the gas chamber. Parents tell their kids not to go into the projects and the ghetto because it is full of black men. And what is wrong with black men? Nothing. You just cant accept that we are different, that we are smarter, stronger and cooler.That we have something that white boys dont and that is dignity and the lack of fear. Because we dont fear those other white boys in the white house and their stupid laws. Because we wont hesitate to stand up and fight for our rights. But the thing you hate the most is that we speak the truth....and the truth hurts!"

Truth puts throws the mic down as the generic mexican beat for Mr. Aguila plays over the speakers. They are playing the racial card again, but it seems to be working since T.R.U.T.H. got a lot of cheers from the african americans and boo's from the white boys...similiar to Austin getting cheered in the United States and boo'ed in Canada.(75%)

-Mr. Aguila vs T.R.U.T.H.

Aguila never gets a chance as Truth hammers him down from the get go and gets a quick vertical suplex for two.Aguila escapes a DDT attempt and takes Truth to the ropes and gets a head scissor takedown followed by a sequence of arm drags and Truth bails. Aguila gets a quebrada to the outside as your highspot of the day and then takes Truth back in. Aguila springs from the apron with a dropkick, but Truth moves out of the way and Aguila lands on the mat and makes a quick recovery, only to walk into a clothesline. Truth helps Aguila to his feet and gets a piledriver for two. Truth now sends Aguila into the corner and takes him up into the top rope and back down with a superplex for two. Aguila tries to make the comeback with right hands, but Truth cuts that off with a nice spinning heel kick. Then,he sets Aguila up for a Frontfall Suplex(The Truth Hurts according to Pettengil) and covers for the 1-2-3 at 5:12. *1/2

Winner: T.R.U.T.H.(59%)

-PJ Walker/with Shane McMahon & Singapore Cane vs Curtis Hughes/with Clerance Mason

PJ comes out with his singapore cane and a cold stare towards Hughes. Shane comes out behind PJ and is looking puzzled.

Hughes is big, black and angry and charges at PJ, who sidesteps and Hughes meets the corner. PJ absolutly lays into him with rights and lefts and forces him back into the corner,where he does the 10 punch count and then bulldogs Hughes for two. How weird it is to see ALDO MONTOYA for God's sake in a serious, bad ass gimmnick.

PJ dropkicks Hughes knee and takes him down where he does some UFC-style mounted punching as the ref starts the count and PJ breaks up at 4.PJ whips Hughes, but he ducks a clothesline and shoulderblocks PJ down. Hughes now treats PJ Walker like the friggin' jobber he is and mauls him with the CLUBERRIN' FOREARMS, followed by a running splash for two. Hughes now gets a Fallaway Slam and the Death from Above...but PJ kicks out at two. Hughes tries another splash in the corner, but PJ moves and Hughes meets corner again. He staggers out into a kick to the gut and an Implant DDT for two. I tough that was Montoya/Walker's finisher. Walker now pulls Hughes up in DDT position and gets the dreared Spinning DDT(looks more like a spinning facebuster to me) and gets the pinfall at 5:25.*1/2

Winner: PJ Walker(58%)

- The WWF is racist

- Oh God....Farooq has the mic again for the second time in this friggin show and is about to send a message to Shawn Michaels.

Farooq: "It amazes me how the WWF works. Yet another white boy with an attitude gets the WWF title and once again is given the fate of the promotion. Now I have a question for president Monsoon. When was the last time an african american held WWF gold? When was the last time an african american headlined a PPV? I bet you dont remember, cause I dont and I am sure the fans dont as well. Because the answer is never!! From Shawn Michaels to Bret Hart and those two idiots who went elsewhere, an african american has never headlined a WWF show. But I intend to do that and I intend to become the WWF Champion. When I am done with Shawn Michaels, all of us, the opressed minorities will be able to celebrate that finally we have a true champion." (69%)

-Bart Gunn vs Farooq

Farooq is getting pushed? God damn no!!!

Gunn makes his typical lefts and rights for most of the early portion of the match and gets a near fall out of the Fallaway Slam.He tries another but Farooq breaks with a big right hand and sends Gunn down into the mat. Now he picks Gunn up and delivers a chokeslam variant for two. Snake Eyes, Big Boot and powerbomb get two as he pulls Gunn up by the hair.He signals for the Dominator as Gunn fights back with punches to the gut area, but goes to the ropes for momentum and gets powerslammed on the return. Farooq picks him up and delivers the Dominator for the win at 3:12. Squash match. *

Winner: Farooq(72%)

Bottom Line: Second bad show in a row for the WWF. Farooq is getting lined up to main event with Shawn and that cant be good. The NOD are now a bunch of racists, Ron Killings gets saddled with the racist T.R.U.T.H. gimmnick and PJ Walker tries to be the second coming of Stone Cold.Thumbs Down

WWF News and Superstars preview

- Chyna, Marlena and Harvey Wippleman where all released by the WWF. Wippleman has been inactive for a long time and they didnt have inmediate plans for him. Marlena just recently got divorced from Dustin Rhodes(Goldust) and that's why the vignettes they where airing of them togheter where stopped. They where having all sorts of problems working togheter and the WWF felt the need to release Marlena and keep Goldust, since he is still been used and is liked and respected backstage. As for Chyna, with new head booker Rodriguez and Vince McMahon not to high on Hunter, they decided to release her and use that money to increase the budget of the USWA developmental territoty.

-Superstars preview

- Shawn Michaels vs Tom Brandi

- Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Syco Sid

- The debut of Mike Awesome

- Leif Cassiddy vs Sho Funaki'

- Mickey Whipwreck vs Chris Candido

I am changing formats again to make it look more like a Scott Keith rant.

-The Smark Rant for WWF Superstars

- September 05 1997

- Well..I have to admit that I am not into the WWF as much right now as two weeks ago. Austin and Bret Hart are the only thing keeping my interest since it looks like Farooq will get a shot at HBK at the next PPV . Other things like The Nation of Domination becoming even more racial than before and PJ Walker Montoya getting a push are starting to alinieate me, plus they have forgotten about The Backlund Empire, a stable that had potential. At least Chyna is gone.

-The Nation of Domination gets into the ring to start the show. Farooq says that since the fans are so aggresive towards the opressed minorities, he has decided that he and T.R.U.T.H. need bodyguards to protect them. He finally identifies the unamed Nation member as D'Lo Brown and introduces the world to Mark Henry...again.He basically says that Henry retired Jerry Lawler(God no!!! We dont need to remember that feud) and that's why he got the job. He names D'lo and Mark The Bonebreakers(yep, like that would get over) and that they have a match to prove themselves...right now! (76%)

-The Godwinns vs The Bonebreakers(Henry & D'lo)

This is going to be horrible. I wont bother recapping the full match since this is going to be boring as hell. D'lo and PIG start and nothing of note happens until PIG misses a blind charge and D'lo drops him with a spinkick. He tags in Henry and PIG is YOUR PIG FARMER IN PERIL. Henry clotheslines him a bunch of times and then locks the ABDOMINAL STRETCH OF EXTREME DISCOMFORT. D'lo helps by grabbing Henry's free hand and they get brownie points for cheating. Crowd is dead tough. The move lasts for a million years before PIG hiptosses out and tags HOG. He comes in and attacks Henry a little, but it is no sold and HOG gets clotheslined down. Henry gets a couple of basic slams and locks THE BEAR HUG OF DEATH to make this match even more boring.HOG breaks free the usual way and uses the POWER OF THE GIRTH to try and knock Henry down, but he is the world's strongest's man and wont budge.Henry casually catches HOG in a powerslam on the third try and then knocks out PIG from the apron with a forearm shot. HOG is dead in the center of the ring selling the powerslam like a gun shot and Henry tags in D'lo who comes from the top with a Frog Splash(The Lo' Down as called by Pettengil) and that gets the win at 5:51.1/2*. The Bonebreakers beatdown the farmers after the bell, but Hillbilly Jim makes the save with the slop bucket. Jim and Henry then have a staredown and I hope this wont lead into another Strongest Man match or something.

-Mickey Whipwreck vs Chris Candido/with Sunny

This outta be good. Candido stalls to start and tricks Whipwreck into a test of strenght,which he clearly dominates until Whipwreck arm drags him off.They go into a flippy floppy sequence that ends with Whipwreck reversing a hip toss with one of his own and then getting a victory roll for two.He charges into a Candido clothesline, however, and he takes over.Candido gets a DDT for two and then whips Whipwreck into the ropes and gets a head scissor takedown. Somebody has his working boots on tonight.It is weird listening to Pettengil narrate alone now that Sunny is managing Candido. Anyway, back to the match as Candido dropkicks Whipwreck who lands seating in the corner and then Candido gets a falling dropkick straight to the face of Whipwreck on a nasty visual. Candido now goes for a Death Valley Driver, but Whipwreck reverses into a crucifix for two.Whipwreck gets a japaneese arm drag and then a dropkick sends Candido out of the ring. Whipwreck gets a nice plancha to the outside over Candido and then takes him back in. Candido attacks Whipwreck in the apron, but he goes low with a headbutt and a sunset flip gets two. Whipwreck now tries for the Whippersnapper, but Candido shoves him face first into the corner and gets a roll-up with the tights for two. Whipwreck staggers up into the Blonde Bombshell and that gets the win for Candido at 5:21. We want more!! Candido does the beatdown and RVD makes the save.**1/2 as the match needed some more time.

-Leif Cassiddy is backstage with Marty Jeannetty and Howard Finkel. Leif says that his shot at Steve Corino and the WWF Lightweight Title tomorrow at Raw is not his anymore. He says he has a surprise for Marty...he will give his title shot to Marty Jeannetty. Marty is speechless and Leif says that it is a gift to a man that means a lot to him, his mentor and friend. Marty hugs Leif, but has a grin behind Leif's back. Leif then says that tonight he will chalk up another win and prove why the New Rockers need to be taken seriously.(77%)

-Leif Cassiddy/with Marty Jeannetty vs Sho Funaki/with TAKA and Tajiri.

Sunny is back at the commentary booth. Leif and Funaki trade arm drags and victory rolls to start until Funaki ducks a spinning kick and sends Leif outside where TAKA and Tajiri beat him up. Marty rushes in and sends the heels scurrying. Funaki dominates Leif back in the ring by dropkicking the back of his head and then getting a side roll-up for two. Funaki signals for the Tornado DDT, but Leif reverses with an Inverted Atomic Drop and a spinkick for two. Leif tries to take Funaki down and into the Beast Choker, but Tajiri gets on the apron and kicks him in the head to knock him out. Marty drops TAKA with right hands and then pulls Tajiri off the apron, but the damage is done. Funaki covers for two as Leif manages to kick out. Funaki now gets a fireman's carry and a dropkick to the back of the neck again.He gets a short neckbreaker for two. Funaki sends Leif into the corner and tries a monkey flip, but Leif counters out and sends Funaki to the mat and then delivers a dropkick to the chin of the seated Funaki for a double KO. As both of them get to their feet, Tajiri brawls with Marty and TAKA gets on the apron and grabs Leif from behind, holding him for Funaki to nail him. Leif escapes and Funaki crashes head first with TAKA and then staggers into the Beast Choker for the submission win at 5:19. The New Rockers then celebrate their win, but Steve Corino comes out and nails both men with the Lightweight belt and leaves them at the mercy of Kai En Tai, who beat them down. Finish was out of nowhere, but the rest was good and helps to build the Beast Choker as a submission move that can come out of nowhere. ***

- As we return from the break, Marty Jeannetty has recovered and gets on the mic, saying that he cant wait until tomorrow and wants a match with Corino right now. The music of the Backlund Empire plays and out comes Backlund. He says that Corino is tired and wont fight today, but another of his boys wants a match. Leif advises Marty to calm down and wait until tomorrow, but Marty says that he doesnt care who he is,he wants a match right now. Of course,Mike Awesome shows up as Backlund introduces him as the new member of his security team.(Jacobs and Titan are part of it as well.) The bell rings and we have a match.(70%)

-Marty Jeannetty/with Leif Cassiddy vs Mike Awesome/with Bob Backlund

Marty tries a dropkick to start, but Awesome just blocks and shrugs it off. Marty now tries an arm drag, but Awesome wont move. Marty goes to the ropes for momentum, but gets decapitated with a lariat. Awesome now sends Marty hard into the corner and gets a clothesline there. He gives Marty a Gorilla Press Slam just for fun and now sends Marty back into the corner. He signals for a powerbomb....and gives Marty a Turnbuckle Powerbomb!!!(called the Career Killer by Pettengill). That is enough for the pin at 1:25. Just a squash. For those who dont know what a Turnbuckle Powerbomb is, well...he just powerbombs the guy INTO the turnbuckle,which is devastating and I havent seen it before outside of Japan. Awesome then Bodypresses Jeannetty into Leif for fun. Jeannetty is then stretchered out as Leif is worried and Awesome posses around the ring. 1/2*

-Syco Sid and Jim Cornette are backstage as Sid rips into Vader and why he attacked him. He says that Vader is just a fat piece of shit who was jealous of his power. He says that he is superior to Vader in every way and wont stop at anything to rid the WWF off Vader. It's Syco Time and he will end Vader's career. (77%)

-Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Syco Sid

*Begs for quick squash*....ahem. Sid overpowers Jake to start and sends him into the corner,where he just punches and kicks before going into the Nash Choke. Sid sends him into the other corner and misses a blind charge, which leads to some punches and kicks from Jake. He tries to clothesline Sid down, but Sid no sells twice and then nails the Big Boot.Sid helps Jake to his feet and gives him the Vicious Bomb for the win at 2:35. Man, it seemd like two hours instead of two minutes. Jake should retire before he makes more of an embarrasment of himself. DUD

- Shawn Michaels is backstage with Howard Finkel. He accepts Farooq's challenge for IYH: Enter the Dungeoun. He says that Farooq's Dominator is a really powerful move, but he is not afraid of it. He says that Farooq thinks it's all racial opression, but HBK thinks that he has never gotten a shot because he sucks. HBK says that whether you are black or white or yellow or blue, sweet chin music and it's over for you. Good promo.(92%)

-WWF World Title:

Shawn Michaels© vs Tom Brandi/with Bob Backlund

Yep, this IS for the title as we get the title match graphic on the screen. Cause God knows Brandi has a better shot at winning than Sid had or Farooq has.(sarcasm).

They trade shots for a while and HBK sends Brandi into the ropes and back for a Back Bodydrop. Brandi bails and HBK does his usual plancha to the outside over Brandi and Backlund.HBK sends Brandi back in and continues his offense until Brandi gets an eye gouge to take over. Shawn is backed into the corner and Brandi chops away(Ric Brandi? Or Tom Flair?)and then whips HBK hard into the opposite corner.Blind charge misses and HBK takes over again by knocking Brandi down with the Flying Forearm. HBK cues up the band, but Backlund gets on the apron. HBK knocks Backlund back down with a right hand and connects the Sweet Chin Music for the win at 4:55. Farooq then runs in with the Nation and they beat HBK down until Shawn manages to escape trough the crowd. HBK can carry anyone to something watchable. ***

The bottom line: The WWF is trying to rebuild itself, but the ratings are down and their is a rumor that they will cancell their international tours and focus on the states only very soon....back to national?? Who knows. Thumbs Up for Superstars since it was a very watchable show and I ended up liking it more than Raw.

The Smark Raw Rant

- 06 september 1997

- Live from Seattle Washington

- Your hosts are Jim Ross and Jerry "The King" Lawler

-The Nation of Domination get into the ring as Raw starts. They want to welcome their newest member,Ahmed Johnson!!. Ahmed says that he was tired of the fans. He was tired of the WWF. He is tired of opression. He says that he deserves to get gold,to become a main star, an even with his impressive win-loss record, he has gotten anything. He says that after his loss to Sid and the way he was hurt, he started thinking about what he had done in his career...he had done nothing.He wants to make something with his career and that's why he joined Farooq. He says that after all their battles, he realized they wanted the same, they wanted black athletes and opressed minorities to be recognized.They wanted gold and sucess.He says that he will become the next Intercontinental Champion and he will dismantle Rocky Maivia. The music of Jake Roberts interrupts and we have a match. Boring segment and the crowd was not into it.(59%)

-Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Ahmed Johnson/with T.R.U.T.H.

Jake seems to be the jobber of choice for when the WWF wants to put someone over. Jake attacks with the usual to start, but Ahmed decapitates him with a clothesline. Jake seems dazed by that one. Ahmed picks him up and Gorilla presses him down and then stomps him.He whips him into the corner and gets a stinger splash.Ahmed now powerbombs Jake and covers for two as he pulls Jake up.That proves to be a mistake as Jake connects with right hands to the lower body and sets Ahmed for the DDT, but Ahmed simply shoves him into the ropes and back for an overhead belly to belly suplex.Ahmed now gets the Pearl River Plunge to win this thing at 4:25. Good squash *1/2. Ahmed then continues the beatdown until Rocky Maivia runs out and they brawl. Rocky manages to get a series of right hands and a clothesline to dump Ahmed and actually gets a decent pop.

- As we head into a commercial break, we get The New Rockers backstage. Marty has a neck brace and looks hurt, so Leif Cassiddy tells Marty to stay in the back and let him wrestle.Marty says no, that since Leif gave him his shot he is going to take it.Leif tells Marty to use his head and stay in the back, but Marty demands Leif to keep his promise and give him his shot. Leif agrees and the match is next.

-WWF Lightweight Title:

Marty Jeannetty/with Leif Cassiddy and gigantic neckbrace vs Steve Corino©/with Bob Backlund

Marty is selling the neck bigtime as Corino dominates a collar and elbow tieup and takes him into a headlock that Marty sells by screaming like it was a torture or something. Corino takes him down with a headlock takedown and transitions the move into a rear chinlock that Marty once again sells like crazy. I think this is the first time a chinlock makes sense in the context of a match. Marty fights out of it and sends Corino to the ropes, but puts his head down and Corino gives him a swinging neckbreaker and Marty is SCREAMING like a little schoolgirl getting raped by king kong. Corino just grins as Leif begs him to pin Marty and end it right here. Corino says no and lifts Marty up into the Old School Xplosion(Exploider Suplex) and Marty could be legally dead if this where real.Corino then looks at Leif Cassiddy and grins again.He locks the Crossface Chicken Wing and Marty taps like a little bitch for the Corino win at 3:49.Corino then refuses to release the hold until Leif Cassiddy breaks it by attacking him and Corinio bails with the biggest smile I have ever seen. **

-After the commercial break, Bob Backlund and Bob Holly are at President Monsoon's office and they signed the contract for the Pensylvania Steet Fight at IYH: Enter the Dungeon. Holly then says that he rid the world of Aldo Montoya and he will rid the world of PJ Walker. He promeses to be the one breaking bones and ending careers.(74%)

-Hayabusa/with Shane McMahon vs Bob Holly/with Bob Backlund

Hayabusa runs circles around Holly with his quicker offense and takes Holly to school with arm drags, headscissor takedowns and some amazing moves in the opening minute and a half.Holly catches Hayabusa on a Huracarana attempt and powebombs him for two and takes over. Holly gets a sequence of arm drags and then drops Hayabusa with a chin breaker and a clothesline. Holly then drops a legdrop for two, brother.Holly with a Vertical Suplex for two.Holly with another suplex and goes up top, but gets dropkicked when he attempt a doble axhandle and Hayabusa takes over.Hayabusa gets a DDT and goes up top for the Firebird Splash, but Backlund gets on the apron and shoves him down,prompting an argument between the ref,Backlund and Shane McMahon.This leads to PJ Walker coming in from the crowd and blasting Holly with the singapore cane when Holly went for the Rulebraker on Hayabusa. Hayabusa then goes up top and gets the Firebird Splash for the win at 5:19. *1/2. Holly and Backlund look pissed off as Walker stands in the crowd and celebrates with the fans while Hayabusa and McMahon leave the area. Is Walker WWF's Sandman now?

-Syco Sid is backstage with Cornette. Cornette says that Sid is waiting for Vader to show up so he can kick his ass again.Sid says that he is the real monster in the WWF and that he will destroy Vader for good. Marc Mero will be used as an example tonight. It's Syco Time..yadd yadda.(77%)

-Marc Mero/with Sable vs Syco Sid/with Jim Cornette

Mero controls to start as he ducks an incoming clothesline and uses his punches to dominate.Remember, he is a former golden gloves and all.Mero makes the stupid mistake of trying to Powerbomb Sid and gets backdropped out.Sid KILLS him with a big boot and then whips him into the corner where he KILLS him again with a clothesline and another Big Boot.That gets two.Sid gets snake eyes for two and then tosses Mero outside.He sends Mero into the guardrail and clotheslines him into the crowd where he beats him up a little and back to the ring we go.Mero fights back, but Sid shoves him into the corner where he hits the ref.Yay,a REF BUMP. Cornette offers his racket to Sid, but Sable tries to take it away and they have a tug of war. Vader runs in and dismantles Sid!!! Rights and lefts and rights and lefts and Sid is pounded into the corner. Vader kills him with a stinger splash and then goes up top and delivers the Vader Bomb!!!.Sid is left layed out as Mero recovers and gets the Shooting Star Press for the win at 6:31. The crowd popped huge for Vader, but outside of that, the match sucked. *

-Stone Cold Steve Austin is backstage at President Monsoon's office signing the contract for the Hart's Dungeon match at IYH:Enter the Dungeon. Austin then stares Monsoon,who asks what's wrong. Austin says that he hates guys in suits.Austin says that Bret thinks he has the advantage in the match,but he doesnt. Austin says he will finish Bret that night even if it means he needs to destroy the whole dungeon to do so.Bret's days in the WWF are numbered and that's the bottom line cause Stone Cold said so. Austin then stares Monsoon and makes a stunner motion,which freaks Monsoon up,but Austin simply smiles and leaves, as Monsoon has a panicked look on his face.(99%)

-Stone Cold Steve Austin/with Brian Pillman vs British Bulldog/with Jim Cornette & Owen Hart

This is going to be good. Bulldog and Austin have a staredown as Bulldog challenges Austin to a test of strenght. Austin jaws back and accepts, but as soon as the arms are locked he kicks Bulldog in the gut and unloads with punches to a monster pop.He sends Bulldog into the ropes and in for a back bodydrop as Bulldog bails. Austin goes after him and Pillman argues with Owen to make sure he doesnt get involved.Cornette tries to nail Austin from behind with the rackett, but nails Bulldog by mistake and gets a stunner for his troubles to a nice pop. Back into the ring as Austin backs Bulldog into the corner and stomps the mudhole.Meanwhile, Owen and Pillman brawl and Owen sends Pillman into the stairs. He gets on the apron and distracts Austin who knocks him down with a right hand, but turns into a clothesline from Bulldog.Bulldog now gets the Hanging Vertical Suplex for two.Pillman and Owen are back at it as Cornette recovers in the outside. Bulldog works Austin over and goes into chinlock mode. Austin fights out, but gets clobbered by Bulldog in the back and now Bulldog locks the bearhug. Austin fights out again as Owen and Pillman brawl backstage.Austin sends Bulldog into the ropes and locks the Million Dollar Dream.Bulldog makes it to the ropes as the ref orders the break. Cornette gives his rackett to the Bulldog, but Austin ducks the blow and gets the Stunner!! The pinfall is academic at 8:18.As Austin celebrates, Bret and Owen Hart drag a bloody Brian Pillman into the ringside area.Austin rushes to save his friend, but Bret destroys his ankle with a chair before Austin can get there. As Austin charges them, Bret and Owen run backstage and Austin tends to the hurt Brian Pillman. ***1/2

-Shawn Michaels is backstage with Todd Pettengil. He says that he is more than ready to face Farooq any time of the day.Farooq is big and strong, but he is no HBK. Rocky Maivia interrupts and stares down HBK. He offers his hand and HBK takes it. Rocky says that he too has a grudge with the Nation, more specifically, Ahmed Johnson. He says that HBK and Farooq wont be a fair match because T.R.U.T.H. will be hanging at ringside. Rocky offers to turn the match into a tag team match, HBK and Rocky vs Farooq and T.R.U.T.H. HBK accepts and tells Rocky that he doesnt suck, which gets a pissed off look in Rocky's face. Rocky answers back by rising an eyebrow and replies with "Yeah, I already knew that". HBK leaves to the ring first as Rocky follows in a bad mood. A Rocky heel turn in the works? (88%)

-Shawn Michaels & Rocky Maivia vs Farooq & T.R.U.T.H.

The Nation actually comes out to a new rap by JC Ice and Wolfie D instead of their usual militaristic theme. The ref orders them to the back as the bell rings and HBK and Farooq have their staredown.

Truth gets a Rocky Sucks chant going with some of the people in the crowd, but not all of them. HBK and Farooq keep staring until they go into a collar and elbow tie-up and Farooq pushes HBK into the corner. The ref orders the break, but Farooq cheapshots HBK. Nothing really interesting happens as Farooq dominates with his HOSS offense and gets a near fall out of a Powerslam. He tags in Truth, who springs in with a dropkick to knock HBK down.Truth goes for the Truth Hurts, but HBK flips out and connects the running forearm for the Double KO. Truth gets up first and stops HBK from making the tag. Truth suplexes HBK for two. Truth tries a Running Bulldog, but HBK reverses and sends Truth face first into the corner and makes the hot tag to Rocky. He comes in and knocks Truth down with right hands and does the same to Farooq. Shoulderbreaker on Truth gets two as Farooq makes the save. We get the pier 6 brawl and HBK dumps himself and Farooq with the Cactus clothesline and we take a break.

We return with Truth holding a chinlock on Rocky as HBK and Farooq are back into their corners. Rocky fights out and sends Truth to the ropes and in for a back bodydrop. Rocky crawls and makes the hot tag to HBK and he is a HOUSE ON FIRE on the heels. The drops both of them to the floor with right hands as the ref takes Farooq back to his corner. HBK gets a powerslam on Truth and then goes up top...he drops the Flying Elbowdrop for two as Farooq saves. HBK sends Truth into his own corner and tells Farooq to tag in. He does and we get the requisite staredown before HBK unloads on Farooq with everything he has. Ahmed Johnson starts walking down to the ring as Farooq reverses a whip and gets a big boot. Rocky spots Farooq and goes down to confront him. HBK escapes the Dominator and gets Sweet Chin Music out of nowhere for the Double KO, but when he goes for the tag, Rocky aint there. Rocky is brawling with Ahmed as Truth comes in and gives HBK the Truth Hurts before Farooq recovers and gives him the Dominator for the win at 14:23.The heels give HBK the beatdown of his life until Rocky realises what's going on and heads back in for the late save. Rocky apologises, but HBK has none of it. ***, solid match, but could have been better.

The Bottom Line: Thumbs in the middle for Raw. Good angle development with some nice wrestling in there, but WCW is still doing way better than them. They need to do something and fast, because tossing challengers like Farooq out there wont bring ratings back.

Guest Da-One-Da-Franchise

Out of Nowhere, let me just tell you that it's "Sycho Sid", Check that in the future.

Edited by Da-One-Da-Franchise

-11 09 1997

-Taped from Seattle, Washington

-Your hosts are Todd Pettengill and Sunny

- Like I said before,I am not into the WWF as much as I used to and I am hoping for them to turn things around after the next PPV. I understand they are trying to make new stars,but their choices for new stars are not the right ones in my opinion. As long as they dont give the WWF Title to Farooq and give him a year long Diesel reign, I am ok with it.

- The Godwinns/with Hillbilly Jim vs T.R.U.T.H & Savio Vega/with Mark Henry and D'lo Brown

At least the pig farmers are stuck in Shotgun putting people over. Mak Henry and Hillbilly Jim have several staredowns during the match and I know Vince is thinking "money match" while I think "God no!!!". HOG imposes his size advantage over Truth to start the match and nothing of note happens outside of kicks and punches. Truth is smart enough to back himself into a corner and cause the blind charge, tag to Savio. Savio comes in with some decent chops and karate strikes before knocking down HOG with a spinkick and he is your pig farmer in peril. He tags Truth back in and Truth delivers a bulldog for two.Truth makes the mistake of sending HOG to the ropes and PIG tags in blindly as HOG steamrolls over Truth and PIG gets death from above for two as Savio saves.PIG continues the beating in the corner as Savio gets into an argument with the ref, which distracts him long enough for D'lo and Henry to get into the ring and attack PIG and then HOG.Henry gets the POWERSLAM OF DOOM on PIG and D'lo knocks HOG off the apron with a spinkick.Henry then kills Hillbilly Jim with a running forearm to make sure nobody interferes. Truth simply covers PIG for the win at 4:25. Horrible match DUD.

-PJ Walker/with Shane McMahon vs Crush/with Savio Vega

Talking about horrible matches.... Crush gets an eye gouge to subdue HARDCORE MONTOYA and take control. Punch,punch,kick,punch...whew...he is exhausting the moveset!!! After 373 years, Walker makes the comeback by blocking punches and firing back with punches of his own. He kicks Crush in the gut and gets a neckbreaker for two and that is the first wrestling move in the whole match!! PJ Walker goes up top and connects a missile dropkick for two.Walker misses a blind charge and Crush knocks him down with a clothesline.Savio distracts the ref as Crush steals Walker's singapore cane from Shane McMahon and prepares to hit Walker. Walker ducks and superkicks the cane out of Crush hands(dont tell Shawn) and picks it up and BAM, whacks Crush with it. He tosses it outside and then superkicks Savio off the apron(dont tell Shawn again) and then delivers the Spinning DDT for the win at 5:15. Savio's gimmnick is officially distracting the ref...ref distractor? The insane Walker push continues. 1/2*

-The Can-Am Express/with Shane McMahon vs Hunter Herst Helmsley & Jesse James

Welcome to jobber hell HHH. Look, it's "The Real Double J" Jesse James. But he gets the mic and says he is done with singing and has decided to concentrate on wrestling.He admires HHH for being a great wrestler and has decided to team with him in order to learn more.Geez...HHH...wrestler... BWAHAHA!!!

Anyways, that seems to be the lamest heel turn ever for the lamest wrestler ever.HHH and LaFon start and have a decent wrestling sequence. Hunter dominates with the Knee to the face and goes into chinlock mode less than 2 minutes into the match. LaFon breaks out and takes Hunter to the ropes and in for a sequence of arm drags.He dropkicks Hunter into the corner, but misses a blind charge and HHH gets another knee to the face.He tags in JJ who comes in with a top rope axhandle for two. Punching and kicking follows as LaFon manages to counter a kick and turn it into a dragon screw legwhip and tags in Furnas. He comes in and knocks both heels of their feet with right hands and then backdrops James for two as HHH saves. Pier 6 brawl as LaFon dumps Hunter and then flies out with a nice dive to the outside. In the ring,James is sent into the ropes and in for a back bodydrop. Furnas then targets James and nails the Frankensteiner for the win at 5:21. Pretty lackluster match. *1/2. After the match Hunter argues with James and James gets down on his knees and kisses HHH's feet.

-Recap of the Farooq/HBK feud is shown. It gets a decent reaction out of the crowd,but not enough for a main event match on a PPV.(76%)

-Rocky Maivia vs Farooq/with T.R.U.T.H.

Rocky is on fire on Farooq to start, but Farooq hammers back and manages to push Rocky into a corner.He gets the Nash Choke and then tosses Rocky out of the corner. Farooq misses a lariat however and Rocky dropkicks him out of the ring.He follows Farooq but Truth levels him from behind and allows Farooq to take over.Back in the ring Farooq gets a big boot and a powerslam for two.Rocky fights out of the Dominator and looks for the Uranage,but Farooq shoves him outside of the ring. Ahmed Johnson runs down and looks for the Pearl River Plunge outside the ring, but Shawn Michaels runs out and superkicks Ahmed off. Rocky crawls back into the ring as HBK clotheslines Ahmed into the crowd and then hits Sweet Chin Music on Truth. Rocky staggers up as Farooq calls for the Dominator, but HBK gets into the ring and cues up the band....Sweet Chin Music...misses Farooq as ge ducks and nails Rocky!!! Farooq clotheslines HBK over the top and to the outside and then nails the Dominator on Rocky for the win at 6:28.HBK and Rocky both are beaten down by the Nation as the show goes off the air.*1/2

Bottom Line: bad wrestling aside,angle development was good and the tension between HBK and Rocky might lead to something good. It's nice to see big names like HBK appearing on the low level show. Thumbs in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

WWF House show results,

WWF at Spokane, WA

TAKA, Tajiri & Funaki d. Flash Funk & Mr. Aguila & Mickey Whipwreck

Nice back and forth six man tag. Tajiri used Mutoh's green mist to blind Whipwreck and TAKA got the Michinoku Driver for the win.

Rob Van Dam d. Jody Fleisch

RVD got a huge pop and won with the Five Star Frog Splash after Candido's interference backfired. RVD needs to be pushed.

Mike Awesome d. Barry Harowitz

Nacho break as the fans didnt care for a heel vs heel match, but Awesome demolished Harowitz in under a minute and won with the Turnbuckle Powerbomb.

Mark Henry & D'lo Brown & T.R.U.T.H. d. The Godwinns & Hillbilly Jim

Henry and Jim went at it and got a nice reaction as the match started. Henry pins Phineas after a simple powerslam.

Leif Cassiddy vs Steve Corino went to a time limit draw

The 15 mins went by as they worked each other in the mat, in a very technical manner. At one point, Corino tapped to the Beast Choker, but Backlund distracted the ref and he didnt see it.

Bulldog & Owen d. Jacobs & Titan, Savio Vega & Crush and The Can-Am Express to retain the WWF Tag Team Titles

Backlund gave Titan a set of knucks and he used them to knock Furnas out, but Owen stole the pin to retain the belts. The three teams brawled away as Savio and Crush threw a tantrum.  The Undertaker came out and chokeslammed them for fun and drew the biggest pop thus far.

Goldust d. Chris Candido to retain the European Title

Goldust won clean with the Curtain Call and got a nice pop. Mike Awesome attacked Goldust afterwards and they seem to be testing the waters on this one.

PJ Walker d. Bob Holly in a no DQ match

This seems to be a test for their street fight match. Both men bleed a lot and Walker wins with the Spinning DDT on top of the stairs.

Stone Cold Steve Austin & Vader & Brian Pillman d. Bret Hart & Sid Justice & Jim Neidhart

Austin pins Bret clean with the stunner. After the match ended, Pillman took revenge on Bret by smacking him with a chair twice as Austin and Vader kept the rest of the Hart Foundation at bay.

Shawn Michaels & Rocky Maivia d. Farooq & Ahmed Johnson

Their was friction in the match between the faces, but it cooled off. HBK pins Farooq with the Superkick, but then is taken to the mat by Rocky with the Uranage. Rocky walked off to a chorus of boos, which seems to be a test for a heel turn.

• 1 year later...