WB Admits Mistake About Angel

tristy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides...the fans that were targeted for Angel, are the ones who actually have attention spans..because if you didn't, you couldn't get into the show, because every episode is purposeful in relation to the other episodes...so missing one show could completely throw a viewer off of what's going on.

Yeah, if I didn't like the show it must have been that. Couldn't have been the idea of presenting fucking teen vampires in a serious light. However, I'm not trying to criticize the show. I didn't like it, but that's just my opinion. But constant bickering over the cancellation of one of your favorite TV shows is just that. Better shows have been cancelled with lesser uproar. Getting together on a message board and bitching isn't going to change anything.

Couldn't have been the idea of presenting fucking teen vampires in a serious light.

Don't know what show you were watching..but there was only one "teen vampire" IIRC, and that was Harmony, who wasn't exactly a serious character to begin with.

And that's your opinion, that better shows have been cancelled...but I, and the many others (enough to get WB regretting their decision)... believe otherwise. If you're allowed to have your opinion, then we're allowed to have ours.

Besides... the "bickering" we've been doing has gotten to someone, because the higher ups in the WB are regretting the decision now. So we obviously have some pull.

to be fair, there's about 3 campaigns on the internet that send in complaints to WB everyday. Saveangel.org, The Angel Foodrive & something else.

We're not bitching. We're just mourning. :shifty:

Eh, then again.  If cultish but low rated shows were always cancelled, I'd be pissed.  Cause 24 happens to usually sit on that line.

Actually Angel is the ONLY WB show that didn't go down in ratings this past season.

Funniest Joss Whedon Quote when asked why WB cancelled.

"I dunno. The guy's two hundred and fifty years old. That's probably not their demographic..."

I like this one :D "Ultimately, "Angel"'s a cult show. We didn't make "Friends". But we had an incredible cast and great writers. If I had invented reality tv, I would have had a far greater impact. But then I would have to kill myself." - Joss

Eh, then again.  If cultish but low rated shows were always cancelled, I'd be pissed.  Cause 24 happens to usually sit on that line.

I give 24 one more season. It's one of the best shows in the history of TV, but of course Fox likes to strive for ratings. Most people think 24 is too borining because they tried watching it once and had no clue what was happening. Of course not, you have to watch every episode to get it.

I give 24 one more season.  It's one of the best shows in the history of TV, but of course Fox likes to strive for ratings.  Most people think 24 is too borining because they tried watching it once and had no clue what was happening.  Of course not, you have to watch every episode to get it.

24 isn't really a cult show. It's still one of FOX's most watched shows. It's also a HUGE sponsor grab, from trucks to cellphones. I doubt that 24 is in danger of cancellation; the biggest thing working against it is what ultimately did ECW in - after a while, the program just won't be as shocking.

24 isn't really a cult show. It's still one of FOX's most watched shows. It's also a HUGE sponsor grab, from trucks to cellphones. I doubt that 24 is in danger of cancellation; the biggest thing working against it is what ultimately did ECW in - after a while, the program just won't be as shocking.

What's going to kill 24 is the fact that no one is going to believe how many bad days Sutherland can have. But if you read Sutherland's interview in Playboy a few months back, you know he has a remedy for that. 24 is a very special show that really shouldn't last that long. Buffy and Angel really had the potential for very long life spans. Angel especially could have gone on as long as possible because you can go just about anywhere with a show like that. A unique show like 24 is a wonderful concept, but really puts a limit on itself. I hate to call the format of the show a gimmick because it's more than that, but it really puts boundaries on the show. The worst thing FOX can do that is try to use the same format, but with a different star.

From dianeb92: Have you been reading that the new CEO of the WB says they might have made a mistake canceling Angel? Vindication! It tastes so sweet and so sour at the same time!

I asked him the exact same thing and have some promising news for you guys, but I have to get my hands on the tape (the interview was for E! News Live) and transcribe it for you. If I can't get it up tonight, I promise it will be in this week's column. For now (just so I don't torture you), I'll tell you that he sounded very pro-Angel, and verrry interested in doing Angel movies this season.

I think Boreanaz is actually quite...resilient (sp?) on the fact he doesn't want to play Angel again...

He's got Wicked Prayer coming out soon, and if he does well in the movie, should be set for the rest of his career as a Feature Film Actor. However, if he does not get a good reception from fans of the film, you can expect to see him back in Angel's shoes shortly thereafter.

Actually, according to IMDB.com, Boreanaz is filming The Perfect Lie.

Yeah, but Wicked Prayer comes out sometime this year or early next year, and therefore, will be the ultimate test of whether or not he can cut it in movies.

And since it is a Crow film, expect the fans to either love him, or tear him apart after seeing it.

Yeah, but Wicked Prayer comes out sometime this year or early next year, and therefore, will be the ultimate test of whether or not he can cut it in movies.

And since it is a Crow film, expect the fans to either love him, or tear him apart after seeing it.

No one has liked the Crow films since Brandon Lee died during the first one :P

It comes out in the Fall, btw.