World Wrestling Entertainment

Guest Sport Boy

I like this diary alot. Only thing that bothers me, is in the smackdown before this one (the one with Edge v Kane) you mentioned Mordecai being a Jewish God, where that's not true. Jews only believed in one god, and still do

Great diary though

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this diary alot.  Only thing that bothers me, is in the smackdown before this one (the one with Edge v Kane)  you mentioned Mordecai being a Jewish God, where that's not true.  Jews only believed in one god, and still do

Great diary though

Ah, My apologies. I recall reading somewhere about the Mordecai name and a Jewish connection, obviously I was wrong with what I had said and I'll get on to editing that. Again, I'm sorry if I offended anyone...

Mordecai does have some religious relation, but not a Jewish God.

Pushing Edge quite well, i like that he's got some sort of personality rather than "Duuuude"

EDIT: This is what you read, i take it.

mordecai

the son of Jair, of the tribe of Benjamin. It has been alleged that he was

carried into captivity with Jeconiah, and hence that he must have been at least

one hundred and twenty-nine years old in the twelfth year of Ahasuerus

(Xerxes). But the words of Esther do not necessarily lead to this conclusion.

It was probably Kish of whom it is said (ver. 6) that he "had been carried away

with the captivity." He resided at Susa, the metropolis of Persia. He adopted

his cousin Hadassah (Esther), an orphan child, whom he tenderly brought up as

his own daughter. When she was brought into the king's harem and made queen in

the room of the deposed queen Vashti, he was promoted to some office in the

court of Ahasuerus, and was one of those who "sat in the king's gate" (Esther

2:21). While holding this office, he discovered a plot of the eunuchs to put

the king to death, which, by his vigilance, was defeated. His services to the

king in this matter were duly recorded in the royal chronicles. Haman (q.v.)

the Agagite had been raised to the highest position at court. Mordecai refused

to bow down before him; and Haman, being stung to the quick by the conduct of

Mordecai, resolved to accomplish his death in a wholesale destruction of the

Jewish exiles throughout the Persian empire (Esther 3:8-15). Tidings of this

cruel scheme soon reached the ears of Mordecai, who communicated with Queen

Esther regarding it, and by her wise and bold intervention the scheme was

frustrated. The Jews were delivered from destruction, Mordecai was raised to a

high rank, and Haman was executed on the gallows he had by anticipation erected

for Mordecai (6:2-7:10). In memory of the signal deliverance thus wrought for

them, the Jews to this day celebrate the feast (9:26-32) of Purim (q.v.).

Just incase anyone was interested ............... They took the name of a man who is a religious hero and turned him into a heel hated my many ..... and all probally because the name hasn't "a certain ring to it".

Edited by IAceI

Mordecai was a prophet. Check towards the back of the Old Testament - he has his own book and everything...

Like others, I'm digging Edge with the cocky heel gimmick. Kind of like he was back in 2000, only less goofy. The concept of the 'Fake RVD' Shannon Moore amuses me, even if it apparently bombed.

You're using TEW to it's potential and managing to keep a whole load of feuds flowing with all of the flexible segments (hell, it often seems like you're fitting two shows into the space of one. At least, that's what I find with TEW).

Overall, the roster and feuds seem to be solid from top to bottom - somewhat of a miracle considering. A very strong series of shows so far.

Edited by stokeriño

I hope you're not really going to bring Hart in as a wrestler. If so, you'd better tone his stats down to 0. All of them.

...Actually, the Internet site it was taken from is incredibly unreliable. I based them off the existing EWR Internet sites and in terms of credibility, Wrestling-Heat is the one with all the bogus stories such as 'Wrestler X not really injured - Gimmick Change'.

Other than that, thanks everyone for the positive comments. I'm about half-way through Backlash as we speak.

As you know I really like your diary. I like Edge as a cocky heel as well, and I hope you keep Kane as a "monster" and he destroys Mysterio!

Wrestling News Round-Up

user posted image

Backlash Card Takes Form

Following last night’s edition of Smackdown, The Backlash Card is finally clear all but a few days before the event. Playing top fiddle is the Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge Main Event which we now know to be a Steel Cage Match. A promising match given the two’s history together with the probable outcome being Guerrero going over. That’s not to say we should rule out Edge, ever since his heel turn the WWE have remained high on the youngster and now with Paul heyman by his side, A World Title Run may not be far off. The remainder of the card is somewhat lacklustre, Jericho vs. Luther looks to be a waste with the only interest going to Kurt Angle’s involvement as referee. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio should be interesting as should the rematch between Lance Storm and John Cena but other than that the card itself seems restricted with the over hyped debut of Mordecai and the Tag Title Match being the in undercard. Still with its faults, the Pay-Per-View should serve up some interest and should be well worth the buy for the headlines it will feature.

Chavo Guerrero Sr – Cruiserweight Champion!?

An outcry from Internet fans and Fans alike was sure to be heard following the upset declaring Chavo Guerrero Sr the Cruiserweight Champion. For a man well over the allowed weight limit and in the middle of contract disputes it seemed ridiculous to put the title on the veteran. Nonetheless, it happened and Chavo Sr will make his first title defense at Backlash in the Triple Threat Match in which he will more than likely drop the belt. Could this be the beginning of a cruiserweight burial? Let’s hope not.

Ken Shamrock To Stay with AJPW

To put an end to the internet rumours of his return to TNA, Ken Shamrock has signed a contract with All Japan Pro Wrestling extending his stay to December 2005. Ken Shamrock will not be appearing in TNA despite what has been previously stated.

user posted image

John Walters Scores Attention

John Walters is apparently the most recent Indy Standout to garner the attention of the WWE as of late. Walters who not so long ago worked a squash handicap match on Smackdown against the Big Show is said to be in the midst of discussions with Paul Heyman being the man responsible for the pushing of his signing. Walters could prove, like so many others, to be a fine signing if and only if used to his full potential…Unfortunately, this is the WWE we are talking about and chances are it’ll be OVW for this promising athlete

Johnny Fairplay Gains TNA Exposure

Johnny Fairplay and his recent TNA antics have made it into Top Tens all over the News World. The star of Survivor fame who has recently gone into a feud with the 3 Live Krew is said to have been one of the top TNA signings this year as he continues to score attention towards the struggling company.

Samoa Joe Injured

ROH Champion and Top Dog, Samoa Joe was Injured last night whilst working for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. With a win over Adam Pearce at PWG – The Musical, Joe somehow managed to injure his wrist putting him out of action momentarily. Doctors are hoping Joe will be able to compete as soon as next week if all goes to plan.

user posted image

WWE’s Victoria to Shoot Playboy

WWE Women’s Champion, Victoria ha sbeen said to have received an offer to do a Playboy shoot joining the likes of Sable, Chyna and most recently, Torrie Wilson. Victoria, who a while ago stated she’d be happy to do the shoot has now received the chance and is said to be discussing it with her peers before reaching the final decision.

----------

user posted image

Preview

Titled ‘A Heros Return; A Champion’s Worst Nightmare’, Backlash will be just that. Making his return to Pay-Per-View Action, A re-vamped Edge will try to tackle the challenge of the WWE Champion inside a Fifteen Foot High Steel Cage…

user posted image

Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge

Rewind back to No Way Out 2003 and Edge was in his prime. Set to team with Chris Benoit and Brock Lesnar to battle Team Angle, Edge was apparently on a roll and a winning streak. With the Wrestlemania XIX Main Event already set in stone to be Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar, Edge had little left to do but pick up the pieces and gun for whatever man left Wrestlemania with the title. That was his plan but unfortunately, it didn’t work. Edge was attacked prior to his match at No Way Out and carried out of the building on a stretcher. The match continued without Edge and so did Smackdown. Months of rehabilitation and recovering from his shoulder injury and Edge was set to return full throttle into the title picture. For Edge had always been considered a Tag Team wrestler, a man who worked best with a partner to play off. In his time, Edge was made famous by his multiple Tag Title wins with such established partners as brother, Christian or friends such as Rey Mysterio and Hulk Hogan. Nonetheless, Edge made a career out of Tag Teams but never got his chance at World Title gold. Renowned as the ‘better brother’, Edge excelled in singles competition more than his younger brother and rival Christian but by hook or by crook was always short of winning the big prize. While on the shelf, one man took his place…Eddie Guerrero. Whilst Edge was main-eventing prior to his injury, Eddie fresh off a rehab program of his own was buried in the undercard only achieving moderate success with nephew Chavo Guerrero. It wasn’t until late 2003 that Eddie made the breakthrough, beating Chavo Guerrero and fully establishing himself once again as a singles wrestler. For Eddie, there was not much left to do. He gunned for Brock Lesnar and the WWE Championship and at No Way Out just one year in from Edge’s injury, He captured the WWE Championship thanks to a little distraction from Raw’s Goldberg albeit. Now fast forward to present day, Still the champion Eddie Guerrero has beaten them all…All but one man, a returning Edge who immediately sets his sights on the cocky Champion. Edge would get his shot on only his second match since his return, losing to Eddie through his cheating ways. The aftermath of the said match sent Edge ballistic as the youngster underwent a dramatic change. For this was not the same cocky blue-chipper that for years struggled to keep up with the times, Edge was a new man who aligned with Paul Heyman guaranteed a World Title run. Now fresh off a huge victory over Kane, Edge is the number one contender once again and at Backlash promises to defeat Eddie Guerrero inside a fifteen-foot high steel cage. Can Edge strip Eddie of his championship gold or will he fall into the same old trap many have done before? Tune in to find out…

user posted image

Chris Jericho vs. Luther Raines

For years the question has remained; just who is the better all-round athlete? To which many consider there to be no answer. Kurt Angle is the self-proclaimed ‘diamond’ in the wrestling industry, a man that has truly done it all. Olympic Gold Medalist, WWE Champion, WCW Champion, Royal Rumble Winner, King Of The Ring Winner…Whatever it is, Kurt Angle has done it all. But according to Chris Jericho, Angle’s list of accolades all but pales in comparison to his own. The very first, Undisputed Champion; the only man to beat both The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin in one night! Former WCW Champion, Tag Champion, Intercontinental Champion…Chris Jericho by no means is left in the dark. Now with a venture over to Smackdown through the draft lottery, Jericho chose Angle to be his first handpicked challenger. Making an appearance on the always controversial ‘highlite reel’, Angle and Jericho were quick to come to blows on only they’re first night on the same brand. The following week it was Angle’s turn as he took over the Highlite Reel as an unsuspecting Chris Jericho watched on. It was Angle who this week got the better of Y2J as when Jericho looked to attack he was ambushed by the Huge Debuting Behemoth we now know as Luther Reines. Anxious to get his hands on the cocky Kurt Angle, Jericho agreed to a match against Luther before finding out that Angle would play the part of the referee. A special stipulation though stating that Jericho must win this match to in line for a shot at Kurt Angle. Gentlemen, this is one encounter you don’t want to miss…

user posted image

Kane vs. Rey Mysterio

Subtitled ‘David vs. Goliath’, this match will be just that as the Cruiserweight Rey Mysterio battles the giant Kane. Making an impact on all but his first week on Smackdown, Kane dismantled the then challenge of Funaki to which Rey Mysterio attempted to make the save. Kane would then set his eyes on the bigger picture, Eddie Guerrero’s world title. In a number one contender’s match against Edge, Kane came out short as an accidental chair-shot from Eddie Guerrero insured. Following the match, Kane went again on another rampage taking out both champion and challenger before an unlikely appearance of Rey Mysterio took out the big man once again. Embaressed at his loss and attack from the hands of Rey Mysterio, Kane issued the challenge to which through blindsided drop-kick, Rey Mysterio was quick to accept.

user posted image

John Cena vs. Lance Storm

In a rematch from just several weeks ago, John Cena will take on the challenge of Lance Storm who promises once again to take the U.S. Championship back to Canada where it belongs. Making his debut on Smackdown, Storm was quick to get into Cena’s face in the middle of the youngster’s rap. Storm declared that Cena was a champion to be embarrassed of and that his antics where best suited for a circus rather than a ring. An angry Cena would later accept Storm’s challenge and eventually beat the Canadian native via a cheap-shot. In an act of revenge the following week, Lance aligned himself with Charlie Haas who helped him double-team the U.S. Champion into defeat. It was then that Cena demanding revenge would order a match against Storm the following week to which Paul Heyman granted a Handicap Match. That match of course never got underway thanks to Kane’s involvement but nonetheless, Heyman granted Storm with a second opportunity at Backlash in what he said to be an ‘old school vs. New School’ match…At this point in time, who knows what Heyman has in store.

user posted image

Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam

His entire career, Booker T has supposedly been ‘held back’ by people. In WCW, he reigned supreme capturing the WCW Championship a total of five times defeating the very best the company had to offer. In the purchase of WCW by the WWE, Booker only looked to grow stronger by headlining the first WCW Main Event on Monday Night Raw with a victory over Buff Bagwell. Sadly, this was the end of Booker T’s monumental run. Shut away into Tag Team competition, The Bookerman only raised in singles competition to do the job to some of the bigger stars. Test, Goldust and even Rob Van Dam have all been Booker’s partners over time all of which he has broken away from. Following the draft lottery to which Booker was drafted to Smackdown, things looked to brighten up for the star. Dropping the Tag Titles on his departure, Booker was said to be ecstatic with his move given the chance to prove his worth once again as a singles wrestler. His idea did not pan out as Tag Team Partner, Rob Van Dam secured the duo another chance at Tag Title Gold…Booker’s only choice? To dump his partner and make an impact in doing so. Now with both men on the singles track, the question remains; who will excel? …And who will get the upper hand in this rivalry?

user posted image

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Chavo Guerrero Sr. vs. The Hurricane

An finally in the oddball match of the night, Chavo Guerrero Sr will defend his newly won Cruiserweight Champion against both The Hurricane and his Son, Chavo Guerrero Jr. Ever since arriving at Smackdown, Hurricane has been nothing but trouble for the former Cruiserweight Champ, winning the Number One Contendership on his debut. Reluctant to give Hurricane his deserved shot, Chavo defended his title against Nunzio to which Hurricane made a decisive run-in. As punishment, Paul Heyman announced that Hurricane would be competing later tonight against Chavo Guerrero Sr with his Contendership on the line. In a bizarre twist of events, the newly dubbed ‘Chavo Classic’ came out on the winning end earning the right to face his Son the next week on Smackdown. The following week with Hurricane watching on, father battled Son until the referee was knocked out in the process. Taking on the referee shirt and the referee position, The Hurricane injected himself into the match once again counting the three on Chavo Jr declaring his father the new Cruiserweight Champion. With chaos ensuring after the bell, General Manager Paul Heyman booked the Triple Threat Match for the Pay-Per-View to end arguments once and for all.

Other Scheduled Matches

WWE Tag Team Championship

Too Cool © vs. Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade

Tajiri vs. Ultimo Dragon

The In-Ring Debut of Mordecai

Stevie Richards and Nova vs. Kyo Dai

Nunzio vs. Shannon Moore

Billy Kidman and Paul London vs. Sean O’Haire and Jamie Noble

…And much, much more! WWE Backlash on Pay-Per-View.

user posted image

----------

...Predictions are welcomed!

Edited by public enemy

Backlash looks solid. My predictions are:

Edge

Jericho

Kane (although I have a sneaky suspision Rey will pull it out)

Cena

Booker T

Chavo Classic

Too Cool

Tajiri

Mordecai

Richards and Nova

Nunzio

London and Kidman

KC22's WWF 2004 Diary

Edited by KC22

Backlash looks solid. My predictions are:

Edge

Jericho

Kane (although I have a sneaky suspision Rey will pull it out)

Cena

Booker T

Chavo Classic

Too Cool

Tajiri

Mordecai

Richards and Nova

Nunzio

London and Kidman

:thumbsup:

Out of a possible twelve, you've scored...hmmm...5 ½ ! You've still got the best yet so you may still have a chance at THE MYSTERY BOX~! ¬_¬

Anyway, I just finished Backlash and will probably add the finishing touches and post it over the weekend. I'm still working on Raw among other things so keep you're Backlash predictions coming while I try and work out a prize... :shifty:

Edit: Mis-Count

Edited by public enemy

Eddie

Jericho

Kane

Lance

Booker

Hurricane

Jindrak and Cade

Ultimo

Mordecai

Stevie Richards and Nova

Moore

O'Haire and Noble

7 ½ out of a possible twelve, getting closer. Anyway, Backlash results should be up sometime tomorrow...Keep the predictions coming!

Edit: Mis-Count

Edited by public enemy

Guest Wrestlekid

Great job so far, pe, this is the only diary I read.

Edge

Jericho

Kane

Cena

RVD

Hurricane

Too Cool

Ultimo

Mordecai

Richards and Nova

Shannon Moore

Noble & O'Haire

Edited by Wrestlekid

Great job so far, pe, this is the only diary I read.

Edge

Jericho

Kane

Cena

RVD

Hurricane

Too Cool

Ultimo

Mordecai

Richards and Nova

Shannon Moore

Noble & O'Haire

Thanks for the feedback and the predictions, you got 6½ out of twelve...Good but not great, keep on reading! There was also a mess up with the predictions, I mis-calculated and was actually awarding people for a wrong answer in one of the matches.

The graphics add so much to the diary. Very nice job!

Again, thank you. I take great pride in my graphics and to include them in my diary seems to be gaining me alot of readers. The best of both worlds really...

Anyway, without any further ado It's Backlash...

----------

user posted image

Segment 1 (15 Minutes)

Triple Threat Match

WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero Sr © vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr vs. The Hurricane

Kicking off an action packed night was the controversial Cruiserweight Championship match in which the new Champion, Chavo Guerrero Sr made his first and seemingly, only title defence against Son, Chavo Guerrero Jr and a rival of the two in The Hurricane. The match got off to a good start with the two Chavo’s working together on The Hurricane in an attempt to take him out of the picture, an attempt that seemed to work for the most part. Every time Hurricane was tossed out of the ring, The Father and Son would begin to brawl with each other until the third man got involved once again. Once the Hurricane was able to climb back into the ring, the two would turn they’re attention to him hitting a variety of Double-Team Manoeuvres on the Comic Book Hero. After an unforgiving Double-Suplex from the Guerrero’s, The Hurricane looked to be out for the count. It was then that Chavo Sr tried to capatilise by blindsiding Chavo Jr and throwing him out of the ring, gaining a near-pinfall on The Hurricane in the process. An Irate Chavo Jr entered the ring once again and started shoving at his father questioning what he thought he was doing by throwing him out of the ring. Ignoring him, Chavo Sr turned his attention once again to the downed Hurricane only to be spun around into a left hand from his own flesh and blood. Chavo Jr would begin to pound away on his father with sheer intensity marking the former champion’s eyes. It would be then that the Cruiserweight Champion would begin to fight back with a flurry of punches backing Chavo Jr into the corner. From there, the veteran would position Chavo Jr for a piledriver teasing him as he went along. Before he could hit the big move however, he was met by a huge crossbody from The Hurricane off the top rope. As Chavo Sr stumbled, Chavo Jr kept a hold of his legs and flipped over for a pinning combination only to get the near-fall thanks to The Hurricane’s interruption. Picking up Chavo Jr, The Hurricane would begin to fight back nailing a big clothesline followed by a failed attempt at a reverse DDT to which Chavo reversed into a Northern Lights Suplex. As Chavo looked to have the three, his father made the save fisting his son in the gut. Showing some great technical ability, Chavo Sr applied a number of pinning positions on his Son before winding him up in the Abdominal Stretch. Chavo Jr was lucky enough to get to the ropes forcer his father to break the hold, the two would battle on with only minor interference from The Hurricane who was made to look the weaker man. The ending saw Chavo Sr duck a right-hand and capture his Son for a German Suplex to which Chavo Jr blocked by holding tightly to the ropes. As Chavo Sr continued to tug, Chavo Jr avoided a Superkick by Hurricane that hit his father right in the face. With Chavo Sr recovering in the corner, Chavo Jr kicked Hurricane in the gut before hoisting him up for the Gory Special. Hurricane was able to escape mid-way through the move by kicking himself off Chavo Sr, knocking him out of the ring altogether, and landing on his feet. A dizzy Chavo Jr would have no choice but to stumble into The Hurricane’s waiting grasp for a Hurri-Chokeslam for the three count. Following the bell, The Hurricane celebrated with his newly won Cruiserweight Title on the ramp as the Chavo’s began to argue in the ring.

----- Match Summary -----

Match Reaction = 68.1%

Match Quality = 83.4%

Overall Rating = 73.1%

Thoughts: A good match that worked well as an opener. The variety of styles between the Cruiserweights and the brawler brought a lot of interest to the otherwise dead crowd.

Segment 2 (4 Minutes)

Interview

As the commentary team of Michael Cole and Tazz assessed the previous match, they were surprised by the entrance music of Kurt Angle who in referee attire, made his way to the ring accompanied by the huge Luther Raines. Before officially starting the match, Angle requested a Microphone and soon began to speak.

Kurt Angle: ‘…May I just say, what a great honour it is to be here in front of these great fans in the state of Mississippi! …I mean really…’

The overwhelming amount of boo’s surrounding the arena caused Angle to momentarily stop. A nearby crew member would begin to whisper something to Angle.

Kurt Angle: ‘…What do you mean? …Oh, Missouri! …Anyway, all that aside, tonight I’ve got a very important role. One that you rarely see Kurt Angle bestow. You see contrary to what you may believe, I am not donning a referee shirt for the goodness of my own health…no sir. Tonight Kurt Angle is not a wrestler…but an official. Meaning that in this ring, whatever I say goes…And let me tell you something…If Chris Jericho wants to get in my face tonight, he can kiss his shot at me goodbye! …Yeah that’s right! Tonight Chris Jericho must defeat Luther Raines to earn his shot at an Injured Kurt Angle and rest assured Chris Jericho…Even if you do manage to beat Luther Raines tonight, I Kurt Angle am promising that I will beat you…Injury or No Injury!

As Angle continued to speak, he would be briefly interrupted by the music of Y2J, Chris Jericho who would later appear on the aisle looking on intently towards the characters in the ring. Without anytime to speak, Jericho was non-hesitant in sprinting to the ring and getting the action underway…

Overall Rating = 91.8%

Thoughts: Another good Interview from Kurt Angle although a little too reliant on cheap-heat, if one were to nit-pick.

Segment 3 (14 Minutes)

Regular Singles Match

Chris Jericho vs. Luther Raines

Special Guest Referee: Kurt Angle

As Jericho entered the ring, he immediately set his sights on Luther getting right into the Big Man’s face until Kurt Angle could break it up. As Luther undressed from his casual attire in the corner, Angle checked Jericho for Foreign Objects, A gesture Y2J did not seem too fond of. As Angle called for the bell to kick things off, Luther was quick to charge at Y2J, attacking Jericho from behind and immediately taking him down. Luther pounced on the cocky challenger and attempted to pound on him, punching the ring as a result. Jericho ducked under a huge clothesline from Raines and fought back with some offence of his own backing the big man into the corner. As Luther tried to recover, Jericho ripped off the Behemoth’s belt as signalled as if to hit him with before Kurt Angle could strip him of it, threatening a DQ. As Jericho was distracted with Angle, the huge Luther would take the advantage pummelling away on Y2J nailing a big-time Tilt-a-Whirl in the process. Luther’s all-offence technique made him the aggressor for the most part of this match. Jericho’s only chance came when Luther charged towards him in the corner to which Y2J was quick to move out of the way, with Luther slamming Shoulder-first into the Turnbuckle, the momentum soon shifted as Jericho hit the big man with left and rights, eventually throwing him into the ropes to nail a huge dropkick. With Luther on the outside, Angle threatened Jericho not to jump the top rope as he turned around to count-out his personal bodyguard. With Angle’s back turned, Jericho from the turnbuckle leapt to the outside with a suicide-dive sending Luther flying into the Timekeeper’s table. Jericho, caught up in the moment, grabbed a steel chair and lined up Luther for a shot before Kurt Angle could grab it off him, tossing the chair out of the way and into the ring. Jericho and Angle would quickly begin to argue on the outside until Luther threw himself into the equation, accidentally taking out both men. With the referee down, Luther took Jericho into the ring along with Angle and set up the steel chair. As Jericho regained consciousness, he turned around into a waiting Luther but managed to Drop-kick the chair into the Big Man’s skull. Stumbling back, once again, Jericho locked Luther into the Walls Of Jericho or at least, tried to before being spun back into a recovering Kurt Angle in the corner. With Luther waiting, Jericho would find himself walking into a huge sit-down powerbomb. With both Jericho and now the referee, Kurt Angle down; Luther would set up the chair in a sitting position and begin to pick up the limp Chris Jericho. Jericho however would battle back, not allowing Raines to capitalise. As Jericho pounded away once again on Luther, he was raked in the eyes forcing him to back off. As Jericho turned around, Luther swung for a huge clothesline but missed as Y2J ducked. From behind Raines, Jericho would grab the arm and nail the stroke onto the chair…the very same manoeuvre he used to win the Undisputed Title. Tossing the chair out of the ring, Jericho nailed a Lionsault, fully opening up on the big man. With Kurt Angle slowly recovering in the corner, Jericho locked in the Walls Of Jericho to hit the nails in the big man’s coffin. Just as Angle turned around, Luther began to tap out viciously and the Olympic Champion called for the bell. As Jericho celebrated in the ring, Angle talked to Ring Announcer, Tony Chimmel on the outside who later announced the winner by Disqualification…Luther Raines. An Irate Jericho blew up in the ring as Angle told him he had warned him as he and Luther retreated up the aisle.

Match Reaction = 68.0%

Match Quality = 81.6%

Overall Rating = 81.3%

Thoughts: A surprisingly good match once again with Luther proving to be much more than the expected, ‘Generic Big Man #1038179912’. The Swerve DQ at the end worked as a great continuation to the Angle/Jericho feud.

Segment 4 (5 Minutes)

Interview

As the commentators again reviewed the footage of Jericho being thrown into Angle by Luther, thus causing the later DQ, the music of Smackdown’s own John Cena would hit the arena as the U.S. Champion made his way to the ring for his match up next. Needless to say, Cena demanded a little microphone time prior to his match and did just that cutting one of his signature Battle Raps against his opponent, Lance Storm.

John Cena: ‘…Yo, Yo, Yo…Feel Me. Lance Storm? Yeah, he real fresh…

He just like a robot, but more boring than the rest…

A Canadian wanting to hold the U.S. gold…

Mr Anti-America? Damn that act’s old…

But see, Lance Storm gone and aligned himself with Charlie Haas…

Did John Cena care? Nah, He beat both of em’ on they’re ass…

You see, holmes…I had that match won…

If It weren’t for Kane yapping that he’s number one…

And then Lance Storm goes and begs Paul Heyman for a rematch?

Hell, If you would’ve came to me, I’d say…its on Biatch!

But I gots to admit, To get you assed whipped and come back It takes guts…

But Lance, word of advice…Guts mean nothing so you can suck on ’dese nuts!

It would be then that Cena would throw a bad of nuts towards the camera to emphasise on the innuendo. Following such acts, the music of Lance Storm would single the challenger’s entrance to finally get action underway.

Overall Rating = 86.0%

Thoughts: A nice rap by Cena to ignite some interest to his match next, a lot of the fans found the whole ‘rapper’ act to be stale but still showed a lot of reaction.

Segment 5 (3 Minutes)

Interview

Appearing on the aisle would be the flag-waving Lance Storm accompanied by Charlie Haas, who appeared to be clothed in a suit of some description complete with a pair of geeky glasses to top the outfit off. Lance would begin to speak through a microphone that he had brought with him to hype the following match.

Lance Storm: ‘…John…John…John. When will you ever learn? Hasn’t it crossed you’re mind by now that these fans do not want a rowdy champion like yourself? …That they want a legitimate athlete, a global star like myself? When are you going to learn, John? When are you going to learn that Lance Storm always comes out on top of whatever predicament set in front of him? I’m guessing you haven’t researched this type of match much then? No…didn’t think so. You see, an ‘Old School vs. New School’ Match as Paul Heyman so delicately put it revolves around a different set of rules that you are used to breaking John, It relies on my rules but since time is thin, I’m going to allow you to work those out during the match. …But don’t worry, my good friend and associate Charles here, will be here at all times to keep you and the crew on the right track…Take a seat Charles and let’s get this show on the road.’

With that said, Haas would grab a chair and seat himself on the outside next to the Ring Announcer getting a good view of the action. Lance would enter the ring from there as the referee let the action get underway.

Overall Rating = 82.2%

Thoughts: Underrated on the microphone Lance delivers the goods as usual in this interview, adds a sinister side to the match that the crowd at home and at attendance truly have no Idea about.

Segment 6 (15 Minutes)

Old School vs. New School Match

WWE United States Championship

John Cena © vs. Lance Storm w/ Charles Haas

The match would begin with you’re standard collar and elbow tie-up to which Lance would immediately apply the headlock from, eventually spinning all-around Cena grabbing the arm and tossing the youngster aside. Boasting that Cena does not compare to him in technical ability, Lance extends the opened hand to which to two exchange holds once gain, this time with Cena getting the clear advantage through a standing arm-bar. With Technicality aside, a frustrated Lance blindsided Cena with a sucker-punch before delivering the knee strikes to the U.S. Champion. A Leg-Swipe into the knee and Cena was left writhing in pain as Lance continued to work on the back, attempting the STF early on. Cena battled out and fought back with some offence of his own hitting a big-time spine buster setting Storm up for the ‘Five Knuckle Shuffle’, with Storm still down, Cena ‘pumped em up’ and delivered his signature fist-drop for a two-count. As the action tore on, the momentum shifted continuously with neither man gaining the definite advantage. As Cena brawled on, Lance took the action to the ground and applied his mat-tactics, out-wrestling Cena on several occasions. With the leg-lock applied, Cena had no choice but to grab the ropes to which the referee began the five-count to break up the hold. As the referee reached four, we see Charles Haas telling Ring Announcer Tony Chimmel something to which he picked up the microphone stating; ‘May I remind the referee that on the first fall…Rope breaks are not permited!’ With Cena still in the hold, the referee has no choice but to let Storm continue as he up’s the leverage shouting ‘how’s that for old school!?’ at the U.S. Champ. The fans didn’t respond lightly to Haas’s rulebook interference and booed both he and Storm as Cena continued to try and battle out of the move. In the end, Cena did so and turned Storm over, keeping a hold of his legs and applying a submission of his own…The Sharpshooter! Getting a taste of his own medicine, Storm reaches the ropes but remains locked in the move until he manages to roll-through. With both men suffering from the change in rules, they begin to brawl once again with Cena taking Lance into the corner. Storm would then fight back with several knees into the gut of Cena before setting up the youngster of a Superkick. Cena, however was able to grab onto Lance’s leg and pull him towards him before dropping him on his head in a capture suplex-like manoeuvre. All fired up, Cena called for the F-U and delivered it to Lance in the center of the ring for the three count. As Cena’s music began to play and the champion celebrated, Ring Announcer Tony Chimmel as instructed by Charles Haas spoke out once again stating that the match be played under ‘Best Out Of Three Rules’. An irate Cena would begin to argue with Haas on the outside before turning his attention back to Lance who was waiting with a cheap shot. Signalling for a piledriver, Lance would instead by catapulted into the corner and met with a clothesline from the U.S. Champion on his return. Cena gets another near-fall before taking Storm back into the turnbuckle, Calling for a Super-Plex, Cena begins to take Storm to the top-rope before hooking the arm and nailing the big move! …With Storm down, Cena would make the pinfall and again get the three-count to which the rules would once again be changed declaring the Second Fall to be Submission-Only! With that said, Cena was quick to lock Lance in the sharpshooter once again to which the Challenger got to the ropes, which were then made legible to break the hold for this round. With the tables against Cena, The youngster battled on but eventually lost the second fall to Storm’s Canadian Maple Leaf Submission Move. With the scores tied at two a piece, the champion fought back unaware what twist marked the next corner. The two fought on the outside with the No Count-Out rule strongly in effect, with Cena being the clear aggressor tossing Storm over the announce table. As Cena approached the challenger, He was met by a stiff chair-shot from behind by Charlie Haas who following the bell screamed, ‘No Disqualification!’. Now with Cena down, Lance capitalised by lifting the champion to the announce table to which he put him through following a Tiger-Driver! With both men down, Haas pulled Cena from the carnage and lay Storm ontop of him on the outside, demanding the referee count the fall under the ‘Falls Count Anywhere’ Stipulation. Amazingly, Cena still managed to kick out! From there, Haas would throw Cena into the steel steps and pick up the Steel Chair once again, Before doing any damage, Haas was victim to a Cena low-blow before being pounded on by the now-bloody champion. Haas was then thrown over the security rail and into the crowd as Cena turned back to Storm who once again fought with the champion into the ring. A near-fall later and Storm blew a fuse, throwing a tantrum as a result of Cena’s reluctance to lose. Storm would then bring the U.S. Title belt into the picture and line Cena up for a shot to which the champion was resourceful enough to duck under. As Lance turned around once again, dropping the belt, he was hoisted by Cena for the second F-U of the match. As Cena teased to nail the move, Lance wriggled out and landed on his feet as a result. One low-blow later and Lance had Cena right where he wanted him and following a stiff DDT into the U.S. Title…Lance made the pinfall, securing his win. Following the match, Lance was carried out of the ring by Haas with his newly won United States Championship. Cena on the otherhand, refused to be carried out and made his own exit.

Match Reaction = 82.2%

Match Quality = 89.0%

Overall Rating = 84.5%

Thoughts: The show stealer of the night so-to-speak, great wrestling, great intensity and all in all a great match. Lance winning the title is only a fraction of what he deserves after years of loyal service to the wrestling community.

Segment 7 (5 Minutes)

Worker Celebrates, Attacked

We are later to see Lance Storm and Charlie Haas in the backstage area, celebrating Lance’s U.S. Title Win. Lance tells Haas that he couldn’t have done it without him and its time to bring the belt back to Canada where it belongs. Haas would then grab a bottle of Champagne that was left out and the two would begin to spray it everywhere in celebration. Then from nowhere, came a charging John Cena who took Storm clean over the Snack Table, clearing it of its contents! Cena and Lance would begin to brawl before security could finally tear apart the pair.

Overall Rating = 83.8%

Thoughts: Originally we thought to scrap this segment as many thought it did nothing for the feud, we later decided to keep it in and it seemed to work pretty well insuring us that the feud is far from over.

Segment 8 (5 Minutes)

Interview

Next, the cameras would cut back to a main shot of the arena where suddenly the lights would cut, plummeting the entire crowd into darkness. A single white beam of light would appear pointing towards the entrance way at the top of the aisle. A mystical, un-heard of music would play as the modified version of the catholic cross would appear on the titentron meaning only one thing, Mordecai. Making his Pay-Per-View debut, Mordecai dressed in a white cloak and carrying a replica of his cross made his way to the ring. Slowly he walked before taking one triumphant step over the top rope and into the ring, chasing the ring announcer from his sight, Mordecai would pick up a microphone and begin to address the packed crowd. He spoke slowly and methodical;

Mordecai: ‘…Sinners. Welcome one…and welcome all, to the freak show extravaganza that is…World Wrestling Entertainment. …A ‘wrestling’ company on the brink of extinction, due to the sins committed on a weekly basis. Liars…Cheaters…Thief’s…And those who will break just about every rule in the book to get what they want. …Just to succeed. Which why I am here. You see, Contrary to what you may want to believe, I am not the ‘bad guy’…I am ‘the saviour’. …I am, ‘The Messiah’. And my goal…no, my need here in the WWE is to cleanse each and every single one of you sinners and make this world a better place. Tonight, My actions will speak louder than words when I punish the sacrificial lamb in order to prove my righteousness among men! …The lord works in mysterious ways and from now on…I will be doing his dirty work! Bring forth the Sacrifice…

With that said, the lights would once again cut leaving only put a spotlight on the now-crouching Mordecai…

Overall Rating = 73.9%

Thoughts: The crowd really tore into Mordecai as many considered him to be a little too controversial in his words; nonetheless it was a good interview and a nice grasp of character for the debut.

Segment 9 (11 Minutes)

Regular Singles Match

Mordecai vs. Orlando Jordan

Also making his Pay-Per-View Debut was the Young Lion, Rookie Orlando Jordan who quickly sprinted to the ring to take on Mordecai. The match got off to a good start once again with Mordecai coming across as the more powerful individual, dominating on the rookie. The two big men brawled, exchanging blows for quite some time and quite frankly, stiffing the hell out of one another. Not much in the match as far as advantages go as both men worked to ensure neither lost face, which in itself hurt the character of Mordecai. The fans didn’t seem too interested in the match questioning its place on a Pay-Per-View card in the first place. Not necessarily a bad match as far as squashes go but a little too neck-to-neck to make either man look like the stronger competitor. In the end, after ducking a clothesline, Mordecai lifted Orlando up from behind into a Razor’s Edge position and dropped him with a powerbomb to which the commentators referred to as the ‘sinner shot’. Following the match, Mordecai celebrated and refused to let the referee lift his arm, teasing the crowd as he went along.

Match Reaction = 67.4%

Match Quality = 78.2%

Overall Rating = 75.7%

Thoughts: Not a whole lot to be said, the original plan was for the match to be a total squash but it ended up a lot tighter than we had planned. A decent debut match.

Segment 10 (5 Minutes)

Interview

Backstage the cameras revealed Paul Heyman and The Number One Contender for the WWE Championship, Edge. Both of whom where standing by Josh Matthews for an Interview. Josh began asking the questions before later becoming dismissed by the General Manager.

Josh Matthews: Edge, tonight you go one on one with Eddie Guerrero inside a steel cage. You’re thoughts on that?

Edge: Wow…Someone’s been doing they’re homework, huh Paul? So yeah, tonight, I go one on one with Eddie in a Steel Cage…Who cares? My thoughts? Well, obviously I know I’m going to win so there’s not that much thought involved. If you remember correctly ‘Josh’, It was myself who named the stipulation in the first place…I chose the Steel Cage match because I knew it to be a match Eddie Guerrero was unfamiliar with, An Environment he doesn’t know how to cheat his way out of! Eddie Guerrero has fought in almost every kind of match imaginable…Except a Steel Cage match…It’s a whole new world to him, a key factor that I plan on exploiting in that ring tonight and using it to take home my WWE Championship. …Isn’t that right Paul?

Josh Matthews: …Well Paul, with all due respect..

Paul Heyman: …Uh ‘Josh’, That’s Mr. Heyman to you! …And furthermore I’d strongly advise, that being if you want to keep you’re job and all…I’d strongly advise you do not interrupt myself or Edge ever again, understand? Good.

Josh Matthews: …Well, uh Mr. Heyman, like I was saying; with all due respect, on Smackdown last Thursday you insured you would play a deciding factor in the match tonight, what exactly do you plan on doing?

Paul Heyman: Let me ask you something, does a great magician ever reveal his tricks? …Does he!? No, of course not and quite frankly Josh…I am insulted that you would even consider the idea that I would play a part in tonight’s match! …Do I look like a wrestler to you? No, you know why…Because I’m the Smackdown General Manager, A Neutral General Manager at that. Sure, I would prefer it if Edge here, walked out with the WWE Championship tonight and not Eddie Guerrero but that doesn’t mean I’m going to cost him the title! …If you would have listened a little closer Josh, you would have realised that I spoke nothing of Interfering, that I spoke nothing of injecting myself into the match. I simply stated that ‘this Sunday, I will be in the corner of Edge’…Does that mean that I’ve aligned myself with Edge? …Does that mean I hate Eddie Guerrero!? …No! It has nothing to do with that! Tonight I will be watching the match, first hand and getting a first class view like only a General Manager should. I will be watching and I will be watching Edge win that WWE Championship, but the ending decision I will have nothing to do with…Now get the hell out of here before I fire you’re ass back to Tough Enough!

With that said, Josh would quickly back off leaving Heyman and Edge to converse on they’re tactics this evening, Heyman’s face growing all the more sinister.

Overall Rating = 99.0%

Notes: Paul Heyman helped Edge during the interview.

Thoughts: Another great segment between the two, Heyman does most of the talking which is always a good thing.

Segment 11 (14 Minutes)

Regular Tag Team Match

WWE Tag Team Titles

Too Cool © vs. Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade

Taking action back into the ring, the duo of Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade were first to come down the aisle in they’re usual cocky manner. Quickly following where the WWE Tag Team Champions, The team of Too Cool; Scotty 2 Hotty and the recently returning Grandmasta Sexay. Kicking off the match were Jindrak and Scotty who got straight into a collar and elbow tie-up. Playing the part of the aggressors, Jindrak and Cade used they’re size to they’re advantage bullied the Too Cool duo by overpowering them on a number of occasions. This however got to the challenger’s heads as they were always left with the upset every time one of they’re big-move’s were reversed. Grandmasta struggled to keep up for the most part of the match showing some clear signs of ring-rust underneath his cocky coating. The others were surprisingly over with the crowd and managed to work a pretty good match. In the end a miscommunication from Too Cool ultimately cost them the match as just when they looked to have the advantage, Jindrak pulled Scotty out of the ring Mid-Worm giving Cade just enough time to roll-up Grandmasta by the tights for the cheap victory and Tag Title Win. Following the match and after the bell, the new Tag Team Champions Celebrated as Too Cool promised revenge.

Match Reaction = 70.5%

Match Quality = 78.7%

Overall Rating = 83.2%

Thoughts: A Good match with the choice of winners coming across as a bit of a surprise to the crowd. Cade and Jindrak proved to be the suprior team as Grandmasta continued to blow all of Too Cool’s old signature spots.

Segment 12 (5 Minutes)

Hype Video For 1vs. 1 Match

A traditional Hype Video was shown next highlighting the feud between RVD and Booker T, the well-put together piece featured the break-down of the team and the rivalries of the last few weeks. It made a fair comparison also to the break-down of other high profile teams such as The Rockers and The Hardy Boyz claiming in the end, only one man can succeed.

Overall Rating = 79.0%

Thoughts: A nice piece from the production crew with some interesting similarities between RVD and Booker T and some of the other teams mentioned. Good Hype for the match that followed.

Segment 13 (18 Minutes)

Singles Grudge Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Booker T

In probably one of the most intense encounters of the evening, the former allies of Booker T and Rob Van Dam proved just why they were the headliner’s of they’re respective companies before the Invasion. A match that some considered to be ECW’s Best vs. WCW’s Best, Booker T and RVD gave it they’re absolute all. Booker was first to make his ring followed by Van Dam who was quick to pounce on his former partner, attacking him with a flurry of left and rights to which the referee was forced to break up due to Booker’s ropes interaction. Proving that he can indeed brawl with the best of them, Van Dam lined Booker up with some stiff shots before opening up on an arsenal of Kicks taking the Bookerman down with a huge roundhouse. Losing stability for a second or two, Booker took time to get to his feet and adjust himself before cheapshoting Van Dam with a kick of his own. After suplexing Van Dam, the ball looked to be in T’s court who kept a sleeper applied on the Gymnast. Demanding that he tap out, Booker tightly kept the hold applied until Van Dam was able to battle out with a number of elbow strikes to the gut. With Booker momentarily winded, Van Dam was able to hit the big-time Spinning Wheel Kick, later to connect with the Spinning Leg-Drop for the two count. From there, Van Dam went on the nail a number of his signature manoeuvres, monkey-flipping Booker out of the corner and hitting the split-legged Moonsault on his fallen foe. Showing great aerial ability, Van Dam would cartwheel across the ring to hit an elbow into the corner to which he was stopped by a backdrop. From there, Booker took it to himself to keep the action to the ground, inflicting pain on Van Dam through a number of Backbreaker’s and Spinebusters. With Van Dam on the canvas, Booker would then lock in a variety of submissions he seemingly knew little about. Finally fixating on the ankle, Booker would lock in the Ankle Lock only to be met by RVD’s Enziguri Counter. The action would tear on with neither man getting the definite advantage until Booker looked to be caught up in the ropes, with nowhere to go, Van Dam capitalised by running at Booker only to find that the Five Time WCW Champion was playing possum, flinging Van Dam over the top-rope injuring his foot on the outside in what looked to be a bad spill. From there, Booker would attack RVD with whatever he could find, throwing him into the steel steps and repeatedly into the guard-rail continuing to work on the lowerback. As Booker charged at Van Dam, he was dropped face-first into the guard-rail as a result of a resourceful counter, as Booker stumbled back, Van Dam hit a huge reverse suplex lanching Booker against the Spanish Announce Table. Still standing, Booker leant against the table until he was kicked atop of it, old cold on top of the Announcer Table, RVD got a sudden burst of adrenaline and signalled for the Frog Splash from the ring. Van Dam did so and entered the ring, only to leap from the Turnbuckle to the outside through the Commentary Table. With both men now looking like a car-wreck, the referee didn’t know what to do and let the action go regardless. Both men battled to they’re feet once again with the move taking its toll on everyone, they fought on the outside for quite some time until Booker brought a chair into the ring to which he was stripped of it by the referee. Several minutes later and the referee was taken out of the picture by an accidental Top-rope dive by Van Dam, Then with the chair, Booker laid out the challenger with a stiff shot to the gut before nailing the Bookend in the middle of the canvas. As the referee came back to his senses, Booker made the cover only to have RVD kick out at two and nine-tenths. Irate at his failure to score a pinfall, Booker waiting to RVD got into position before attempting a Scissor Kick. RVD however was able to dodge the attack, slipping behind his former partner to nail the Van-Damniator! …With Booker down in the center of the ring, Van Dam took to the top turnbuckle and hit a Second Five Star Frog Splash. Again the referee made the count but Booker managed to secure his feet on the bottom rope after some movement following the move. As Van Dam went to lift up the Former WCW Champion, he was struck by a low-blow right in front of the referee! The referee began shouting at Booker but was eventually tossed out of the way causing a disqualification. With nothing left to lose, Booker picked up the steel chair and laid out Van Dam with another cold shot before making his leave.

Match Reaction = 79.0%

Match Quality = 88.1%

Overall Rating = 87.4%

Thoughts: As said, this was one intense match with actions speaking louder than words for the majority of the bout. Good action and good crowd reaction.

Segment 14 (13 Minutes)

Regular Singles Match

Ultimo Dragon vs. Tajiri

Prior to the match and as both competitors entered the ring, the commentary ran down on why this match was actually happening stating that Ultimo was after revenge following his humiliation at the hands of Tajiri on Smackdown, refusing to break the Tarantula Hold. By briefing the two’s history and Ultimo’s little mini-feud against Kyo Dai, the commentator’s added a lot to the match to the fans at home whilst the fans at the arena took the action for what it was. In what was more a technical based bout, Tajiri and Ultimo put on a cruiserweight showcase much like they’re earlier attempt on Smackdown all but three days ago. Counter after counter, reversal after reversal, the action was non-stop with both men’s mixture of styles blending tremendously with one another. Tajiri played more of a ferocious character than usual as he repeatedly attempted the illegal move in the Tarantula Hold. Eventually Tajiri would gain the opportunity but Ultimo’s lightning fast reflexes would quickly stop him from locking it in, throwing the Kyo Dai leader to the outside, later receiving a picture-perfect Asia Moonsault from the Inventor. Whilst on the outside, Ultimo was attacked by Sakoda as Akio distracted the referee. Sakoda would hit a huge slam onto the protective floor-mats before throwing Ultimo back into the ring to his mentor Tajiri. Lining Ultimo up for the stiff-kick to the head, Tajiri swung his boot but was caught by surprise as Ultimo ducked. With his back to the dragon, Tajiri caught off guard would be hit by the Asia DDT. After clearing the remaining Kyo Dai members from the apron, Ultimo would make the cover ending what was a great match.

Match Reaction = 75.6%

Match Quality = 88.4%

Overall Rating = 81.3%

Thoughts: A great match as expected between the two top tier Cruiserweights. Nice to see the Ultimo push continue even on Pay-Per View.

Segment 15 (16 Minutes)

Regular Singles Match

Kane vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

In the underdog fairytale of the night, Rey Mysterio became just a whisker away from upsetting the giant Kane on a number of occasions before eventually being put to rest by a Tombstone. Throughout the match, Rey put up more of a fight than imagined, reversing and countering some of Kane’s signature moves and scoring a number of near-falls in the process. Rey even looked to have the match won as he set up Kane for the 6-1-9 only to be thrown out of the ring mid-swing. From there, Kane took it to the little man like no other, assaulting him on the outside even causing the referee to threaten for a Disqualification. As the action spilled its way into the ring once again, Kane was able to duck a Cross-Body attack from the apron, which then took out the referee. One big-boot later and Rey Rey was down once again to which Kane fully took advantage of, immediately exiting the ring and searching under the canvas for his weapons of destruction. Kane pulled out a table but whilst setting it up was met by a baseball slide drop-kick, from there Rey opened up striking the big man with a variety of left and right hands. Taking a page from the Big Red Machine’s book, Rey quickly looked under the ring striking Kane with a garbage can and whatever else he could find before the referee regained consciousness. In the end however, Rey’s over-cockiness cost him the match as Kane caught his Hurricanrana with a stiff powerbomb before eventually setting him up for the chokeslam. With Rey out, Kane could have had the cover there and then, but the big man rather took the satisfaction in delivering a Tombstone before counting the three. Following the bell, the referee checked on Mysterio who didn’t appear to be moving and signalled for Medical Attention from the back evening throwing up ‘the X’ adding legitimacy to the potential injury. Kane, however chased the medical crew away as he brought the table into the ring and despite they’re begging, proceeded to Powerbomb Mysterio through it leaving the Cruiserweight gasping for air as blood spat from his mouth. Satisfied with his actions, Kane made his way to the back to a heat filled response from the sold-out crowd.

Match Reaction = 81.7%

Match Quality = 89.0%

Overall Rating = 83.9%

Thoughts: Many were upset with the fact that Mysterio failed to pick up the win but we thought the match was balanced enough to leave both men as they be, obviously with Kane getting the more attention through the win.

Segment 16 (5 Minutes)

Interview

Standing backstage once again was Smackdown Interviewer, Josh Matthews as introduced by the commentary team. Kicking off by thanking them, Josh would announce he were just outside the lockeroom of WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero awaiting an interview prior to his match next. As expected, the door would quickly swing open as Eddie exited the room walking straight into an Interview.

Josh Matthews: …Eddie Guerero! Tonight and next for that matter, you go one on one with Edge for you’re WWE Championship…you’re thoughts on that?

Eddie Guerrero: …My thoughts? My thoughts, holmes? You wanna hear my thoughts!? …Fact of the matter is this, Essa…Eddie Guerrero doesn’t have any thoughts. You see, I’ve beaten Edge in the past even going back as far as two week ago essa! You honestly think that tonight is going to be any different? Just because we’re going to be surrounded by a fifteen foot high steel cage!? …Just because General Manager Paul Heyman has announced that he will be in Edge’s corner!? …Just because each and every single odd in the book is stacked against me…You honestly think it will be any different!? No…no, holmes…It won’t be. All my life, I’ve been overcoming odds…in ring and out. Yeah, I’ve had my troubles, I’ve fought my demons and you know what…I’ve came out on top every time, the fact that I’m even here tonight is testament to that fact holmes! …But you know, Edge is right. I am not familiar with the environment of a Steel Cage and to me…It’s a totally new world, you know? But as far as Edge is concerned…That’s just the thing; this is a new world. And as far as I’m concerned, I can do whatever I want in this new world, essa! The ball is in my court…Not Edge’s! And tonight, I promise that not only will I walk out of this arena the WWE Champion…but that I will nail, the biggest Frog-Splash you’ve ever seen! Viva La Raza! ….And Viva La Guerrero! …Tonight holmes, this title is staying with me and tonight, I show Edge once and for all, that Latino Heat will always reign supreme!

And as simple as that, an all-fired up Eddie Guerrero would quickly make his leave, leaving Josh Matthews to end the interview.

Overall Rating = 92.2%

Thoughts: A strong, emotional Interview from the WWE Champion. Now if both men can live up to their words we could be onto a winner!

Segment 17 (5 Minutes)

Hype Video

As the countdown to the Main Event loomed near, a Hype Video package was shown to the viewers highlighting the fuedings between Eddie Guerrero and Edge stretching as far back as they’re U.S. Title Feud and the ladder match that followed. Another solid hype…

Overall Rating = 90.4%

Thoughts: Overall, another great package from the production crew sustaining further interest into the Eddie vs. Edge Main Event.

Segment 18 (22 Minutes)

Main Event

Singles Cage Match Escape

WWE Championship

Eddie Guerrero © vs. Edge w/ Paul Heyman

In a match that promised to rock the very foundations of Smackdown, Edge and Eddie Guerrero battled in a breathtaking show of athleticism to prove just who was the better man. As the cage lowered, Edge was the first man out; he being the challenger. Edge stretched out on the ropes and received some last minute ‘psyching up’ from the General Manager Paul Heyman. Eddie Guerrero’s music would then hit and out would come the WWE Champion with his game face on. Heyman would quickly exit the ring before Eddie entered and the door become locked by the second referee on the outside. The referee in the ring, held up Eddie’s WWE Championship initiating that the bout was now underway with the title up for grabs. The action was every bit as intense as suspected, both men tackled eachother like bulls attempting to prove they’re strength, engaging in a rough collar-and-elbow tie-up. Edge would get the better of the champ turning him into a headlock manoeuvre and cranking tightly on the neck. Fighting out, Eddie would throw Edge into the ropes and fall to the canvas on his return causing Edge to jump over the champion and be met with an arm-drag on his return. From the base position, Eddie would adjust Edge and apply an arm-bar to which Edge fought out by reaching the ropes; much to a screaming Paul Heyman’s delight. As the two met once again in the center of the ring, they grasped eachother’s hands in a duel, another test of strength. This time, it were Eddie that took the advantage, kicking off one hand of Edge and using the ropes to flip over the challenger in true lucha libre style. With the arm clenched behind the challenger, Eddie was quick to nail a backdrop on Edge’s arm causing the challenger to yelp in pain and quickly run to his corner for some motivation from Heyman. The two would then stalk eachother for a while, looking eye to eye and avoiding any attempted strikes before finally settling up with Edge having Eddie by the waist in a German Suplex-like position. Pushing off the ropes, Edge would attempt to roll-through but in the end neither man would come out on top with both men avoiding eachother’s roll-through attempts. With both men proving they’re technical work early-on, they would then begin to brawl with Edge literally kicking off with a kick to the gut. Pummelling away on the champion, Edge would look in top form before being catapulted with a back-body drop. Opening up on Edge, Eddie would be the first to use his surroundings to his advantage, flinging the Challenger headfirst into the structure and seemingly enjoying the pain he had inflicted. Eddie would then turn to his vicious side, pouncing on an Edge who was already lying face-first on the canvas and pounding away on the back of his head before applying a chin-lock. Edge being shouted at by Heyman who stood by him in the corner, was able to overturn Eddie so that his back was against the ground. Of course, this being a no-pinfall match it didn’t really matter. Nonetheless, as Eddie kept the now-sleeper hold applied, Heyman would attempt to break it up reaching into the ring and clinging onto the hair of the WWE Champion. Eddie, releasing the hold would grab the arm of Heyman and now facing the General Manager would reach throw the cage to grab him by the throat. As Eddie held a terrified Paul Heyman through the Cage, It gave Edge enough time to work his way back to his feet and grab the foot of Eddie Guerrero pulling him away from the corner and away from Paul Heyman. Keeping a hold of the leg, Edge would hit somewhat of a modified Back-Suplex that left Eddie to sell the injury like no other. Now with Eddie grasping the leg, Edge would begin to work on it with a series of kicks as the commentary team described as ‘setting him up for the Edge-acator’. As the commentators repeatedly assessed Edge’s grasp of psychology, the challenger would go on to pick up Eddie by the injured leg, looking to attempt another one of his modified back-suplex’s that injured him in the first place. Eddie however was resourceful enough to battle out, clinging to the ropes to stall the move and then hitting an Enziguiri to put a stop to it altogether. As Edge stumbled against the ropes, he would later turn around into a spear-like manoeuvre from Guerrero who pounded upon the challenger extracting what little revenge he could before being separated by the referee. The cameras would then focus on the face of Edge as we could clearly see a dash of blood spilling from his nose amongst his angry face. Locking horns with the champion once again, Edge looked to take the advantage with a knee strike to the side but would rather be thrown into the turnbuckle by a charging Guerrero. From there, Eddie would ascend the turnbuckle ontop of Edge and begin the ten-strike on the challenger to which the crowd counted along. After the tenth blow, Eddie would become all fired-up so to speak and would charge for a second time at the challenger only to be thrown into the corner of the cage by a weary Edge. As Eddie stumbled back, Edge would hit him with a signature reverse DDT leaving both men staring upwards from the canvas. With the damage taking its toll on both men, it seemed Edge was the first one up as he slowly crawled towards the now-opened cage door where Paul Heyman stood instructing him to hurry himself. As Edge reached his arm out of the door, a leaping Eddie would just be able to grab his foot and pull the challenger back into his grasp. After closing the door, the second referee on the outside would be yelled at by Paul Heyman who would then be warned for constant meddling. As the action tore on in the ring, neither man looked to lose until Eddie managed to reverse a suplex from Edge into one of his own…then another…then another, and with his signature triple-suplex laid out, the momentum had momentarily switched. As the crowd cheered the champion on, Eddie signalled for something new…a forth suplex to which the crowd whole-heartedly agreed upon. Eddie would then proceed to lift Edge who was lying in a heap in the corner and hoist him up for a Superplex from the top rope to which he delivered leaving Edge to scream in pain and crawl for cover. Feeding off the energy of the excited crowd, Guerrero would give them the ‘why-not-make-it-five’ look before approaching Edge once again. However, it seemed Edge was playing possum as he quickly head-butted Guerrero in the gut nailing a familiar move in the downward Spiral to take the champ down. As Heyman screamed to motivate Edge, both men battled to a vertical base simultaneously and began to brawl once again. Edge tossed Eddie into the corner but Guerrero managed to counter by jumping up the turnbuckle and coming back at the challenger with a Cross-Body. With Edge down, the referee would open the door the Eddie would begin to crawl towards the exit, getting so much as a head out before Heyman slammed the door. The outside referee Brian Hebnar would become irate with the General Manager and eventually order him the leave to which Heyman responded by pushing the young referee only to receive one right back. From there, Heyman was made to leave as Edge watched on very reluctant to continue without his pal. Now looking to have the ball truly in his own court, Eddie Guerrero capitalised on a distracted Edge, dropkicking him into the steel and rolling him up on the rebound. Keeping a hold of the challenger’s legs from the roll-up, Eddie would lock in the submission cloverleaf he called the Lasso From El Passo. In the center of the ring, Edge would scream in pain with nowhere to go until Heyman appeared back on the scene, this time coming from the crowd. Heyman would automatically go for the cage door but would be stopped by Brian Hebnar, the second referee on the outside. Heyman would begin to order Hebnar threatening that he would lose his job had he not opened the door to which the young referee reluctantly did so. As Heyman began to enter the ring, a change of heart from the referee saw him pull out the General Manager and dive upon him with a flurry of punches on the outside! As the action spilled outside of the ring by the two non-wrestlers, Security guards were forced to break up the fight and to Heyman’s instructions, escorted the renegade out of the building! Now with Heyman in his corner once again, Edge was able to battle out of the submission hold by reaching the ropes. As both men fought on, Edge took the advantage with the low blow and began to taunt the fallen champion even going as far as to steal some of his signature manoeuvres to add insult to injury. Now with the clear advantage, Edge under order of Heyman stalked the champion from the corner lining him up before surprisingly hitting him with the spear. With Guerrero down, Edge began to psyche himself up and in an act of ferocity locked in the Edge-A-Cator to a prone Eddie Guerrero. As Eddie struggled in pain, Heyman taunted him from the outside opening the cage and allowing him to half-exit before the cocky challenger pulled him back in again. Repeating the same steps, Edge allowed Paul Heyman to lay in some shots at Eddie as he stretched in from the near-by outside. Shockingly, Eddie was able to block one of Heyman’s shots and knock down the General Manager with one of his own. With the sudden burst of energy, Eddie battled up and with an elbow strike to the back of the head put a sudden stop to Edge’s submission. Now with Edge’s back to him, Eddie hit the challenger with a back drop over the ropes and through the door but managing to hold onto Edge before his feet managed to hit the floor. As Edge struggled to have both feet hit the floor, Eddie was able to pull him back in and fight back. Now lifting the challenger up the turnbuckle once again, Eddie this time called for the Hurricanrana from the top rope as he slowly ascended the ropes beside the said turnbuckle, keeping a grip of Edge’s hair. As Eddie got in position, Heyman now carrying a chair began to bash the Steel Cage from the outside in order to scare off the champion. Momentarily distracted by Heyman, Eddie was left prone to a gut shot by Edge causing him to fall onto the ropes groin-first. In the already awkward position, Eddie hung in pain as Edge dived off the turnbuckle with a clothesline leaving Eddie now hanging upside down in a prone tree-of-woe position to attack. Now with a sick smirk on his face, Edge stared at the champion before instructing Heyman to give him the chair. With his target the knee, Edge lined up the champion for a shot but was later to find Guerrero playing possum as he pulled himself up striking Edge with a head butt to the gut. As Edge stumbled off, he returned into a Spear from the top rope from the champion into the chair! Now with a bloody Edge out cold on the canvas, The Champion went wild chasing Heyman from the apron with the chair before climbing the cage! As Eddie reached the top he looked down to see Heyman praying for him not to do it, the crowd screaming for him to exit the cage for his own safety…And his own head telling him to jump! With Edge out cold in the center of the ring, Eddie leapt and hit a spectacular Frog Splash from fifteen foot high! As both men lay motionless for several minutes, the audience questioned they’re safety after such a move as Heyman could only look on in shock. Screaming at Edge, The General Manager held open the door but quickly held it shut as Eddie approached it. With no other choice, Eddie climbed the cage once again right beside the door, slowly progressing and making his way to the top. When he did so, Eddie took time to find his way to the other side of the cage only getting the one foot over before Edge could reach up and attack leaving Eddie left dangling upside down fighting to get free. As Edge fell towards the floor, Heyman swung open the door and knowing Guerrero was trapped entered the ring. Heyman would then proceed to pull Edge towards the door, regaining the challenger’s consciousness along to way. As Edge slowly crawled towards the cage exit, Eddie still hanging received a shot or two from the General Manager. The crowd screamed for Guerrero to get free, to fall to the floor as Edge slowly pulled himself down the steel-steps. Heyman lined up the final shot as Edge’s arms reached the floor, he swung at Eddie but the champion somehow managed to throw him into the steel! With a sudden burst of adrenaline, Eddie struggled to get free and did so leaping towards the floor just as Edge tumbled down the steel-steps to the outside! Both men lay motionless as the referee called for the bell…Heyman who could barely stand himself, helped Edge to his feet raising his hand in victory as the referee did the same for Eddie Guerrero. Then Nick Patrick and Paul Heyman would begin to argue, each questioning just what in the hell the other thought they were doing both signalling that they’re respective workers had won! The duo would then approach the Announce table pulling out the WWE Championship and arguing over it as both Eddie and Edge still lay on the outside gushing with blood…As both Heyman and Patrick continued to argue, Ring Announcer Tony Chimmel spoke out to the two and a compromise was finally reached much to both men’s arguing. ‘Ladies and Gentlemen…You’re winners; Eddie Guerrero and Edge!’

Match Reaction = 89.2%

Match Quality = 86.7%

Overall Rating = 96.4%

Thoughts: In my opinion this is probably as close as we’ll come to a perfect match on Smackdown. Great action, Great intensity and emotion and all in all a Great Match. The ending, many thought to be an anti-climax but nonetheless was well-done by both men.

Wrestling News Round-Up

user posted image

Backlash Results

For those of you that didn’t purchase the Pay-Per-View package of Backlash last night…What in the hell is wrong with you!? One of the best wrestling events in a long time, Backlash saw such great bouts as Lance Storm vs. John Cena, Kane vs. Rey Mysterio and the cliff-hanger that was Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge. The Pay-Per-View ended with both Champion and Challenger’s hands being raised following the double cage escape, a bit of an anti-climax it makes one wonder just what will go down this week on Smackdown.

Early Backlash Buyrates

The PPV buyrate report for last night is now in: WWE received 409,062 buys (0.93 buyrate) for WWE Backlash. The Pay-Per itself was said to be a great show as mentioned earlier with the estimated attendance being somewhere in the 24,000 range.

WWE B-Show Ratings Continue To Plummet

A worrying factor backstage at WWE Headquarters is the state of the companies B-Shows who’s ratings have fallen through the past few weeks. Usually featuring second rate matches and storyline recaps of both brands, It comes as no surprise many fans aren’t bothered about the two shows. WWE attempts to tackle this by ‘upping the ante’ and allowing more of they’re bigger stars to appear on the shows to add value to the matches and occurrences that take place.

user posted image

Independent Media Bookings

Shane Douglas of NWA:TNA and BCW will be appearing on Off The Record on 28 April 2004. Mike Tennay of NWA:TNA will be appearing on The Late Late Show on 22 April 2004.

Harris Brothers Causing Problems

The age-old team of Ron and Don Harris returned to TNA all but a week ago and immediately made an impact by winning the Tag Titles off Kid Kash and Dallas. It has now been reported that many of TNA’s top teams are upset that the company felt the need to recycle an old out-of-prime team to put them in the spotlight rather than others. The Harris Brothers have known to be troublesome in the past but have always remained favourites inside the company.

Ace Steel replaces CM Punk as ROH Trainer

The Ring Of Honor Wrestling School, as previously ran by ROH Star CM Punk has now had a shift in trainer…Who Ironically is the same man who trained CM Punk in the first place! Ace Steel has took over the position due to Punk’s now huge-demand over the Independent Scene, both parties appear to be happy with the decision and will continue to work future ROH shows.

user posted image

WWE Championship Tournament Announced!

Following last night’s controversial Cage Match Draw between (former) WWE Champion, Eddie Guerrero and Edge. It has been announced that the WWE Championship will be declared as ‘vacant’ on Smackdown initiating a tournament for the gold that will no doubt feature the likes of Kurt Angle, Edge, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho, Lane Storm and John Cena. With so many potentially great matches included, a Tournament as such could only help the title regain its image.

Triple H and Undertaker To Face Off In HIAC!

An inside source from WWE Headquarters has indeed confirmed that the Triple H vs. The Undertaker programme will continue to Judgement Day where the two will supposedly meet inside a Hell In A Cell! This news comes as shock as knowing both men’s pasts and relationship with one another, its hard to tell who will do the job for the other.

user posted image

Jazz and Molly Holly d. Victoria and Nidia

Rodney Mack and Christopher Nowinski d. Spike Dudley and Maven

Val Venis d. Rob Conway

user posted image

Steven Richards and Nova d. Kyo Dai

Nunzio d. Shannon Moore

Paul London and Billy Kidman d. Sean O’Haire and Jamie Noble

----------

user posted image

Preview

Just twenty-four hours past the huge Smackdown Pay-Per-View Extravaganza that was Backlash, Raw comes to you live with the action just as hot!

Last week in the main event, we saw Evolution come over the odds in the Eight-Man Tag Team Match with Triple H defeating The Undertaker in the final fall. Now with a huge win over they’re belts, what will Evolution have in plan this Monday Night? One things for sure, after being cheated out of his chance to prove he can hang with the ‘big dogs’, Shelton Benjamin surely won’t be happy with The Game!

And also in a match that promises to be as tough as a two-dollar steak, Hardcore Holly will face off against Tyson Tomko for the right to face Christian the next week on Raw. With Tomko making his in-ring debut and Hardcore Holly anxious to get his hands on Christian, who knows how this one’s gonna end up?

Also confirmed for this week is a sit-down Interview with the Hardcore Legend that is Mick Foley. After being cost a match last week by Randy Orton, the two’s feud only looks to continue as Mick goes No Holds Barred in this Interview.

And finally, Last week Mark Henry looked to have a change in attitude seemingly aligning himself with World Champion Chris Benoit in order to defeat Shawn Michael’s for the Number One Contendership. However, In the end it proved this change in heart was only temporary as the Playa’s Club assaulted Chris Benoit after the bell proclaiming that Henry were the rightful Number One Contender. This week, Eric Bischoff promises to sort out the World Championship Situation the only way Eric Bischoff knows how…What does this mean? And what does it have in hold for World Champion, Chris Benoit?

For all the answers, tune into Raw this week!

This... diary... is... amazing...

I've not seen writing like this in recent memory, as mentioned the overuse of some wrestlers is a downfall, but I do like the way you kept the storylines WWE did use and changed them a little to your own preference.