World Wrestling Entertainment

This... diary... is... amazing...

I've not seen writing like this in recent memory, as mentioned the overuse of some wrestlers is a downfall, but I do like the way you kept the storylines WWE did use and changed them a little to your own preference.

Thank you for the compliments and criticism. I'm working on the overusage problem, it seems to always happen to me when using TEW but I always make room to use every wrestler at least once a week on the B-Shows or even in Dark Matches. It's still something I'm looking into and hope to sort out through the next couple of shows...

Backlash was great. Loved the Edge/Eddie ending and that Kane has gone back to his monster self. Looking forward to Raw.

Again, Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed Backlash and the Main Event in general, I put alot of work into the Pay-Per-View which is why it's alot longer than most of my other shows. I've still got big plans for feuds that are currently running and other's that I hope to build towards, so please keep reading.

Raw Should be up later this evening....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Show Level: Flagship

Length: 2hr

Time Slot: 9.00

TV Network: Spike TV

Brand: Raw

Tonight’s Location: Nebraska

Affluence: 54.9%

Interested Population: 40,000

Casual Fans: 30,520

Hardcore Fans: 1,138

Pure Fans: 1,138

Old School Fans: 2,237

MMA Fans: 474

Women’s Fans: 237

Popularity: 82.0%

Segment 1 (8 Minutes)

Interview

Kicking off this week’s edition of Raw, following the explosive Backlash Pay-Per-View; Evolution took to the ring for an Interview. Triple H was the first to speak and did so in as cocky a way as physically possible.

Triple H: ‘…Well, well, well. Low and behold…feast you’re eyes upon this picture. Evolution…Still standing; What did I tell ya? …You see, Last week…Last week, Evolution delivered. Evolution did…exactly what they said they would and Evolution overcame every single odd put against them! If last week doesn’t stand as testament to each one of you fans, that Evolution is the greatest Stable of all time…well quite frankly, you need you’re head examined. Shelton Benjamin…The Undertaker…The Rock…Mick Foley…They all paid the price for messing with the best there is…’

From there, the intercontinental champion and self-proclaimed ‘Legend Killer’, Randy Orton would take over accepting the microphone from the stable leader Triple H.

Randy Orton: ‘…That’s right. Mick Foley, last week you and you’re movie-star Pal, The Rock became nothing but a statistic in the immortal track record of Randy Orton and in the Immortal Track record of Evolution! …But it ain’t that easy, right? You’ve always got one ace up you’re sleeve, one pathetic excuse in mind to compensate on you’re loss…correct? I guess that’s what the whole sit-down interview tonight is going to be about, huh? Hey Mick, I got a question…Just when will you ever learn to shut you’re mouth!? …Think about it, You’re old…You’re broken-down…You’re…You’re Pathetic! I’ve beaten you in every way you’re little mind can imagine and you still come back fighting…week in week out. Don’t you learn Mick? …That even with you’re Rock’s…Even with you’re Undertaker’s…You can never amount to what Evolution is? …You cannot even compare! We’ve all beaten you ‘old man’, Evolution has passed you by…so, don’t you think its time to call it quits before you do yourself any more damage? …Don’t you think its time to hang up the boots once and for all and admit defeat before you embarrass yourself…and you’re family any more than you already have? …I’ll let you think about that one Mick.

With his part played, Randy Orton would look to hand the microphone over to one of his Evolution Stablemates, Batista looked reluctant to accept so Flair stepped in sending a chorus of ‘whoo’s’ around the arena from the crowd.

Ric Flair: ‘…you know something! The problem with Mick Foley is he doesn’t know when to call it a day…Mick Foley passed his day and passed his prime…a long time ago! Mick Foley…No longer has the skills to keep up with Evolution like the nature boy…Whoo! …Ric Flair! But the problem with Mick Foley…The problem with him is that he believes he has more pride at stake than he does. Mick…you think that if you turn you’re back and walk away like you did back in December…No one will respect you! You know Mick…There’s only one reason why people will disrespect you and that’s for being a loser…and that’s for being a coward! …Two things, two things Mick that you have already proved to Evolution you are damn good at doing! You won’t lose any respect…you already lost it. …And take it from me…You ain’t doing yourself no good messing with Evolution.

And with all but Batista having they’re go, Flair extended his hand to the big man who would take the microphone from the nature boy and begin to cut his segment of the interview.

Batista: ‘…That’s right dammit! Mick Foley, you got beat last week and you got beat at Wrestlemania. You cannot hang with Evolution and you do not belong in a wrestling ring…And I hope for you’re sake you realise that in that sit-down Interview tonight! …But last week, Mick Foley was not the only one to suffer the wrath of Evolution. …And Shelton Benjamin that little punk, managed to beat me in the early stages. Shelton Benjamin…you now hold two victories over Evolution but I promise you and I think I speak for all of us…I promise you, that in the long-run…you’ll wish you never heard the name of Evolution!

Batista would then give the microphone back to Triple H who would conclude the Interview for the stable.

Triple H: ‘…That’s right. You see Shelton; It’s real easy to look like a big player isn’t it? It’s real easy to convince the fans that you can hang with Evolution just by hiding behind a bunch of broken-down wanna-be’s…huh? But that’s the thing, Shelton Benjamin actually believes guys…he actually believes he can top Evolution!

At this point, the Evolution crew would begin to laugh at the leader’s insult.

Triple H: ‘…I know, I know…I mean, how crazy’s that? Shelton Benjamin scores one fluke win over me, gets to hang around with a bunch of no-name losers like The Undertaker and thinks he’s a real big star!? …Shelton Benjamin is nothing! I mean, If I had a nickel for every time a little snot-nosed punk like Shelton Benjamin thought he could beat me and didn’t…then I’d be a very, very rich man…

At this point, Triple H would be cut off by the music of Shelton Benjamin as the stable begin to group together in attack mode. Shelton would appear on the aisle giving Triple H the ‘are you for real’ look. Receiving a microphone from one of the stage crew, Shelton would begin to talk…

Overall Rating = 80.0%

Notes: Batista was lost in an interview of this length.

Thoughts: Decent Interview that was merely used to set the tone for the overall show, kind of that Evolution was running the shots. Batista again was the downfall but Flair seemed to help him regain his courage in himself.

Segment 2 (2 Minutes)

Interview

Now standing on the aisle microphone in hand, Shelton Benjamin would then begin to speak as an irate Evolution, from the interruption watched on.

Shelton Benjamin: ‘…Fluke? …Excuse me, did I hear you right? …Did you say me beating you was a fluke? …Wow. I mean, I’m shocked…I’m…I mean literally I’m amazed that you can cry you’re eyes out like that and still manage to accuse Mick Foley of the same thing! …You know, what is it with you guys? It’s nothing but talk…talk…talk! …You guys wouldn’t know ‘action’ if it…well, If it rolled you up for the one…two…three! …Ain’t that right, trips!? …You know, I’m getting a little…and let’s be honest…a little pissed with you’re moaning, Triple H…What with you accusing me of being a one tick pony and all…So, I’ve got a bit of a proposition for you. …A rematch! Winner take all! So, If I beat you Triple H…You can do nothing but admit I did so. If you beat me on the otherhand…Then, you can forget about our first encounter…Hell, you can forget about me and Evolution locking horns in the first place…How about that?

With the deal laid out, Triple H would quickly run down the circumstances before excepting the proposal setting our Main Event of tonight in stone.

Overall Rating = 78.6%

Thoughts: Shelton seems to be struggling with actual microphone skill but improving his natural charisma if this interview is to tell us anything. Again, used mainly to structure the main event tonight.

Segment 3 (10 Minutes)

Regular Singles Match

Rhyno vs. Rosey

Representing they’re respective teams prior to they’re Tag Title Tournament Second Round Match next week, Rhyno and Rosey collided in tonight’s opening bout. Rhyno began the match with a number of attempted tackles on Rosey, failing to take the big man down. For size was indeed the biggest factor in this match with Rosey doing the typical over-powering on smaller opponents. Rhyno still proved to be tough being the sole aggressor of the match even lifting Rosey up for an attempted Death Valley Driver before falling through mid-way. In the end after a pump handle slam, Rhyno would begin to stalk the Samoan from the corner signalling to the crowd for a Gore. However, just as Rosey had turned around, Rikishi who had just then came running down the aisle, grabbed the footing of Rhyno stopping the hold and distracting the manbeast. From there Rosey would hit a huge belly-to-belly slam for the three count. Following the match, Rikishi entered the ring and raised his partner’s hand before looking at the fallen Rhyno suggesting an attack. Before they could do anything though, the duo were chased from the ring by a Singapore Cane-wielding Tommy Dreamer who helped his fallen partner.

----- Match Summary -----

Match Reaction = 75.1%

Match Quality = 78.4%

Overall Rating = 79.9%

Thoughts: Somewhat of a good match between the two, despite my original intentions for it to be a filler so-to-speak. Added a great deal of suspense to next week’s Semi-Final in the Tag Tournament.

Segment 4 (3 Minutes)

Interview

Backstage the cameras revealed the huge figure of Scott Steiner walking down the corridor, Steiner stopped beside a door and thought about knocking through his pause. He eventually entered the room which we would find to be Eric Bischoff’s Office, inside we see Eric practising a few manoeuvres before realising he has a guest. Embarrassed, the General Manager would begin to talk…

Eric Bischoff: ‘…Ah…uh, Scott…Thanks for coming.’

Scott Steiner: ‘…Boss.’

Eric Bischoff: ‘I just wanted to thank you on behalf of last week in…you know, ridding us of that vermin, The Big Show. Anyway, its greatly appreciated and I’ve made sure Show will stay out of our hair by giving him the week off to nurse his injuries and have a good think about whether or not he wants to mess with Eric Bischoff again.’

Scott Steiner: ‘…You got nothing to worry ’bout Eric, If Big Show ever decides to show his face again on Raw, I’ll make sure he’ll regret it. Now, about my place on the active roster…’

Eric Bischoff: ‘…Ah yes, as of this moment - granted its what you want, you are now officially back on the active Raw roster! Consider it my favour to you…Oh and uh, Scott…I’ve set you up for a match tonight if that’s alright by you, a warm-up…’

Scott Steiner: ‘…Good, but I’ll tell you one thing…I pity the poor son of a bitch you’ve set me up against, ’cause I feel like vented out some frustration and I see no better way to do it…’

With that said, Steiner would leave the room in order to prepare for his match leaving nothing but a grin on the General Manager’s face.

Overall Rating = 81.4%

Thoughts: A nice little segment illustrating both men as strong heels by putting down The Big Show.

Segment 5 (11 Minutes)

Regular Singles Match

Scott Steiner vs. Rico w/ Miss Jackie

Accompanied to the ring by the gorgeous Miss Jackie, Rico was the first man out unaware of whom his opponent may be. As the sirens hit, so did the boo’s from the crowd as Rico reluctantly looked on. Steiner appeared to be in top form and seemed to have gotten over his injury pretty well given his performance. Steiner played the over-cocking character we were well used to, throwing around Rico with a variety of Suplex’s and Belly-To-Belly’s. Rico on the otherhand did nothing but imitate the big man and take every opportunity to grope him during and after moves, a price he so dearly paid for as Steiner was clearly having none of it. Of truth be told, Steiner had the match in the bag from the word go and could have successfully scored a pinfall in half of the allotted time for the segment but instead refused by letting and sometimes forcing Rico to kick out. Never an actual threat, Rico sold Suplex after Suplex before finally tapping out to Scott’s Steiner Recliner Submission Manoeuvre. Following the bell, Big Poppa Pump climbed the turnbuckle in celebration as Miss Jackie tended to Rico. When Steiner got down, he set his eyes on Jackie and give a sick and twisted smirk to the crowd suggesting to hurt her like he did her pal Rico. Before Steiner could lay a hand on her however, he was met by The Big Show who dressed in street attire, came from the crowd and pummelled away on Steiner. Eventually being taken over the ropes by a clothesline, Steiner retreated as Show received a kiss from Miss Jackie and another more unexpected one from Rico.

Match Reaction = 76.6%

Match Quality = 76.2%

Overall Rating = 82.1%

Thoughts: Rico plays the part of the Raw jobber once again giving Little Spike Dudley a break. A decent match with the aftermath serving more of a comedy purpose.

Segment 6 (3 Minutes)

Interview

The unexpected cowbells began ringing next as John Bradshaw Layfield made his way to the ring despite some questioning from the commentary team. Bradshaw entered the ring and accepted a microphone from the ring announcer before beginning to speak.

John Bradshaw Layfield: ‘…Last week. John Bradshaw Layfield signed, sealed and delivered an Impact just as promised! Last week…I, JBL defeated the challenge of long-term friend, Ron Simmons! Thus, ridding me of the Tag Team curse that has been delaying my career as far as I can remember! …Now, I ride solo and am a better man as a result. …Quite frankly, I am an American that each and every one of you people should be proud of…because I, unlike others…I keep my promises. And last week, I made not one but two assurances. One, stating that I will defeat Ron Simmons…And secondly, I made a promise declaring that I would enter myself into the World Title picture! Now I’ve been in and out of discussions and board meetings at WWE HQ and in all sincerity, progress is slow. And at the minute, they’re does not seem to be a place for John Bradshaw Layfield…However, Starting from next week…My campaign begins and it is with me, that I present the ‘JBL For Champion’ Petition! Now over the next week, I will be collecting signatures on this clipboard and each one of you that signs…and believe me…You will sign! …For each one of you that signs, you will be contributing to the JBL for Champion programme and helping me cement my place as the Challenger of tomorrow. So without further ado, lets get this show on the road…JBL…John Bradshaw Layfield…You’re next World Champion!

With that said, JBL would take to ringside with his clipboard receiving the first signature from Howard Finkle and then a few members of the crowd before forcing several people to sign the petition.

Overall Rating = 78.4%

Thoughts: Bradshaw was quite incoherent on the microphone and alot of people just thought he was on another rambling session. Not a bad interview with the inclusion of the petition adding a little more depth to his so-called Campaign.

Segment 7 (10 Minutes)

Regular Singles Match

Hardcore Holly vs. Tyson Tomko

In a match that many mark’s announced to be cringe-worthy before even a bell was rung, Hardcore Holly and Tyson Tomko took to action and quite frankly, stiffed the hell out of one another. In you’re standard Big Man vs. Big Man bout, the two bulls locked horns and struggled to overpower one another for the most part of the match, attempting to display they’re genuine toughness. Not the worst of matches but when it comes down to Hardcore Holly having to carry a character, you just know something’s not right. Tomko proved to be more troublesome than anything in the bout with a less than impressive debut, blowing practically every spot he could. In the end, Holly proved to be the tougher of the two by scoring the pin following the Alabama slam much to the anger of Christian who stood on the outside.

Match Reaction = 53.8%

Match Quality = 70.4%

Overall Rating = 64.6%

Thoughts: If this didn’t effectively kill the Christian vs. Hardcore Holly programme, I don’t know what will. With all kidding aside, the match as said wasn’t the worst of all time but the lack of crowd involvement and actual action rather than paint-by-numbers brawling killed this one.

Segment 8 (4 Minutes)

Interview

As Holly celebrated his victory, Christian who was all the while standing on the outside, received a microphone from one of the crew and began to speak on his arch-enemy’s big win.

Christian: ‘…Might I say Bob…What a big win! I mean really, you showed us all that you really were as tough as nails afterall, right? I mean only the toughest of tough would compete in a match for the right to face an injured cripple…Isn’t that right!? …So yeah, you got you’re match against me…and next week, you can beat the hell out of me! But I promise you Holly that when my arm is fully healed…And It will heal! …That I will come and I will hunt you down like the dog you are…’

It would be then that hardcore would momentarily interrupt…

Hardcore Holly: ‘…Will you shut the hell up! Yapp…yapp…yapp, that’s all I hear from you! Injury? …When are you gonna learn that the only thing wrong with you is you don’t know how to keep you’re mouth shut!? Yeah, I want my match next week and yes…I will whip you’re ass but just to make things fair so you won’t come back complaining, I’ll have one arm tied behind my back! …Now how’s that for fair?

With the proposal made, a sick grin would appear on Christian’s face before replying in a dark manner.

Christian: ‘…Hardcore, I look forward to it.

With that said, Christian would make his leave as Hardcore pondered just what he meant by the last line.

Overall Rating = 88.5%

Thoughts: Another strong interview with Holly playing his part surprisingly well. The added stipulation of one-arm tied behind his back seemed to promote some more interest into the two’s matches next week.

Segment 9 (7 Minutes)

Sit-Down Interview

The much anticipated Sit-Down Interview with Mick Foley was hyped by the commentator’s next as the production crew wired up the satellite connection through which Mick Foley would be speaking from. Foley would later appear on the titentron and would be welcomed by Jim Ross. Foley appeared to be sitting in a black room with nothing but his chair and a few lights surrounding him from the corner of the screen we were told Foley was live in Connecticut at WWE Headquarters. J.R. would begin with his first question;

Jim Ross: ‘…Mick, last week alongside long-time partner The Rock and friend in The Undertaker, you were screwed out out of the Eight-Man Tag Team Match against Evolution on our Raw Main-Event…You’re thoughts on that?

Mick Foley: ‘…Well J.R. and If I’m being one hundred percent serious here, I expected nothing less from Randy Orton and Evolution. For them to cheat they’re way out of a match…yeah, Its nothing new. Hell, Nature Boy Ric Flair has made a living out of being the dirtiest player in the game and as far as I’m concerned, the other members of Evolution are just trying to live in his shadow. I mean, Ric Flair yeah he’s a legend but who in the hell does he think he is telling me…Telling Mick Foley its about time to hang up the boots!? I’m thirty-eight, J.R. and I’m probably in the best condition of my life! …Flair he’s like what now? One hundred and Thirty Five and his man-boobs still stretch to the bottom of his tights…You know in all seriousness, about a year ago if you would have asked me what respect I have for Ric Flair…I couldn’t have answered that question, merely because it requires words I am not capable of producing. The man was an icon and a true legend of the business, that’s what I would have said J.R. …But now, if you asked me the same question right now I would say zero. After aligning himself with Evolution, after insulting me and after playing a part as big as any other on my walk out last December…I would go as far as to say, I hate Ric Flair! …And you know what, I hate Randy Orton too. You see, Randy Orton wants to talk about how I am an embarrassment…How I am a joke to my kids and to my family! Let me tell you something, I’ve been called a lot of things and I’ve responded to a lot of things but never has anyone gone as far as to call me a joke…an embarrassment. Alright, I’m no premier athlete…I don’t look like a male stripper…I don’t execute the worst Diamond Cutter rip-off known to man…but I am…I am, Randy Orton…I am a human being. I am a person and for you to downright insult me like that…yeah, It just pisses me off! Randy Orton is nothing more than a Small Fish in a Big Pond, leeching off the likes of Ric Flair, the likes of Triple H and generating what little heat he has from imitating what they say and do. Quite frankly I find it pathetic…I find it insulting that he can down on me from only who he associates himself with. …But you know something, I no longer care. Randy Orton is right. Randy Orton has beaten me in every way he can imagine…but between his mind and my own…There is a great difference. I have been in more match types than even Bob Orton, Randy’s father can even name…I have felt pain like no other! For Randy to say, he has beaten me is more of a joke than he is! …Randy Orton, as far as I’m concerned, we have not yet begun but yet you are already proclaiming the end. When are you going to learn kiddo, that Mick Foley never just goes away…that the hardcore legend, never falls at you’re feet! I’m not done yet Randy…I’ve got more gas in the tank than you can imagine and at Judgement Day…I’m game to prove it! You talk about my kids Randy…you talk about my wife…My family…They won’t be watching…they won’t be watching under Mick Foley’s orders! They will not want to see the violence I plan on bringing, they will not want to see that sick side of me I only break out once so often God Dammit! …I want you Randy, I want you one on one…Hardcore Rules you Son of A Bitch! You wanna boast about being the man who retired Mick Foley? Now’s you’re chance to prove it…But I warn you, at Judgement Day If you accept my challenge…You’ll be facing a hell of a lot more than Mick Foley…You’ll be facing hell itself and I guarantee you, It’ll make you sick to you’re stomach! …So I’m giving you one week, one week to think about it…one week to consider it…Is this the road you wanna go down, Randy Orton? Is this the path you want to take? I’ll let you think about that…

And with the emotional Interview coming to an end, J.R. would wind things up with the Hardcore Legend for another week.

Overall Rating = 95.0%

Thoughts: Excellent Interview from Mick that put across a clear challenge for Judgement Day.

Segment 10 (13 Minutes)

Regular Tag Team Match

Tag Title Tournament (Semi-Final)

The Dudley Boyz vs. La Resistance

In the first of two Semi-Final Bouts, the second to happen next week, The Dudley Boyz took on the repeated challenge of La Resistance. A standard Tag Team Match from the two teams but still nothing we haven’t seen before. The action itself was back and forth with The Dudleyz being the clear favourites to win from the word go. In the end, they did so with the 3D to Sylvain Grenier. Following the match, The Dudleyz celebrated as La Resistance retreated to the backstage area. As the Dudleyz went to make they’re own leave, they were met by the Samoan Connection of Rikishi and Rosey, Semi-Finalists in the other bracket. The two teams would begin to brawl with the Dudleyz getting the eventual win by the 3-D on Rosey. With the two teams coming to blows, a lot of interest must surround the Semi-Final match of next week.

Match Reaction = 72.0%

Match Quality = 73.4%

Overall Rating = 76.1%

Thoughts: Standard Match with as said, nothing we haven’t seen a million times before from either team.

Segment 11 (3 Minutes)

Authority Interrupts Argument, Books Team

Backstage the cameras revile, World Champion Chris Benoit exiting his lockeroom and walking down the hall. As he does so, he is attacked by Shawn Michael’s who is quick to take the champion down. The two break into a brawl but are stopped by security at the command of General Manager Eric Bischoff, Bischoff threatens to two saying that they’re reluctance to co-exist could well be they’re downfall as tonight he’s booking them in a match together as a team against Theodore Long’s Playa’s Club. Bischoff promises that there will be severe consequences for both men if they cannot co-exist as a unit.

Overall Rating = 83.3%

Thoughts: Another good segment to continue the Chris Benoit vs. Shawn Michael’s feud, the idea of a Tag Team Match was a way to work around the Mark Henry Number One Contender picture.

Segment 12 (12 Minutes)

Regular Tag Team Match

Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit vs. The Playa’s Club

Both Benoit and Michael’s made they’re separate entrances and refused to work with one another arguing before the match had even gotten away. Representing the Playa’s Club Stable were the more experienced duo of Rodney Mack and Mark Henry. Theodore Long would accompany the two to the ring and take a seat at the commentary table of his analysis of things to come. The match itself went surprisingly well with HBK and Benoit’s chemistry allowing them to function well as a team and not just in the singles competition. The two would tease at a brawl throughout the match with arguments and disagreements left, right and centre. A worthy inclusion was what Theodore Long mentioned at the Commentary position, announcing that the special stipulation was that if his side won…Both Mark Henry and Rodney Mack would receive a title shot next week in a Handicap Match. However, if they were to lose, Mark Henry would lose his Number One Contendership to Shawn Michaels. The competitors in the ring appeared to be unaware of this and fought onwards despite it. Benoit seemed to do most of the work in taking firm control of the match, Michael’s was angered by this and made a blind-tag to his partner, the World Champion. Unhappy at the tag, Benoit began to question just what HBK thought he were doing to which the two would begin to push eachother and later begin to pummel one another. Failing to co-exist, the referee tried to separate the two and did so allowing the match to continue. In the end which was all but a few minutes later, Michael’s would get the pin on Henry following the Swandive Headbutt from Benoit. After clearing the ring of they’re opponents, Michael’s and Benoit would again spill into a brawl before Eric Bischoff arrived on the scene once again to clean up the mess…

Match Reaction = 79.8%

Match Quality = 77.6%

Overall Rating = 81.9%

Thoughts: As said, the two functioned well as a team and put on quite a good match with they’re lesser opponents.

Segment 13 (2 Minutes)

Authority Books Gauntlet

Eric Bischoff would appear on the aisle with a microphone in hand, seemingly irate at what had just went down in the ring. Staring at the two who were now separated by Security, The General Manager would begin to speak…

Eric Bischoff: ‘…What the hells the matter with you two!? Can’t you function as a unit for one night and allow me to rest my head! You know what, I’m sick to death with you’re constant attacks on one another…I promised there was going to be consequences and you damn well better believe there’s going to be! You two…You will both face the Gauntlet to determine whether or not you keep you’re spots as Number One Contender and Champion respectively. And you know what Benoit, its you’re lucky day…Since you struck first, you’ll go first…Next Week on Raw! …And you’re opponents? None other than Theodore Long’s Playa’s Club!

With the lay laid down, Bischoff would make his exit as Raw cut to a commercial.

Overall Rating = 83.6%

Thoughts: Again, Bischoff proves to be strong on the microphone making this another good segment.

Segment 14 (15 Minutes)

Main Event

Regular Singles Match

Triple H vs. Shelton Benjamin

In tonight’s Main Event we saw the rematch between Evolution’s own, Triple H and the Rookie Sensation, Shelton Benjamin. However, Benjamin was in for a little bit of a surprise as he was first to the ring. Triple H was not alone as he was accompanied to the ring by all three members of Evolution who entered the ring with him. Randy Orton approached the Ring Announcer, Lillian Garcia as his team mates stood in the ring. Orton, on the microphone announced that the crowd welcome the Special Guest Ring Announcer…Randy Orton. The Special Guest Timekeeper…Batista. And the special guest commentator…The Nature Boy Ric Flair! As Evolution took they’re appropriate seating on the outside, the match was then allowed to officially get underway. Even with the odds as such stacked against him, Shelton proved that he could still go at it by pounding away on the Game straight from the word go and hitting a huge Tilt-A-Whirl that sent Triple H running to the outside to discuss tactics with his stablemates. The action was indeed back-and-forth with neither man gaining the definite advantage. Eventually, Evolution would begin to play they’re part surfacing on the action and often grabbing the footing of Shelton Benjamin who later got his revenge by taking out all three men with a Suicide Dive! One referee bump later and Triple H looked to have Shelton lined up for a Chair-Shot in the ring when the lights suddenly cut out. As the arena plummeted into a state of darkness, the bells begin to ring meaning the arrival of The Undertaker. The crowd went ballistic over the whole affair as the arena remained in darkness. When the lights came back on, Triple H was still in the same position but only behind him stood the deadman himself. As Triple H, unaware of The Undertaker’s presence, attempted to swing the chair, he was stopped by the undertaker from behind who threw away the chair. Then, left after right The Undertaker pounded away on Triple H before giving way to Shelton Benjamin to dropkick him over the ropes. From there, The Undertaker would battle with the Game up the aisle as the referee eventually counted him out awarding the match to Shelton who lay in the corner of the ring before celebrating. Not staying with him for long, the cameras would cut to the backstage area to where The Undertaker and Triple H were still brawling. As The Undertaker went for the Chokeslam, he was met with a low-blow and then attacked by the remainder of Evolution…

Match Reaction = 84.2%

Match Quality = 89.7%

Overall Rating = 88.7%

Thoughts: Another great match between the two which many considered to be better than the first. The only complaint was that most of the focus was on Evolution and The Undertaker, especially towards the end but the match itself still provided plenty for Shelton to brag about.

Segment 15 (4 Minutes)

Stable on One Assault

As Evolution met up with Triple H backstage, they began to help him beat away at The Undertaker with Randy eventually nailing the RKO onto the concrete floor. Flair would then proceed to lock the deadman in the Figure Four as Triple H would threaten him face to face as The Undertaker writhed in pain from the submission. Only slightly fighting back by gripping The Game by the throat, The Undertaker was soon put to rest by a Chairshot to the face as Evolution left the deadman for near-dead…

Overall Rating = 86.9%

Segment 16 (1 Minute)

Stable Limo Exit

…From there, Evolution satisfied with they’re attack would make a quick exit speeding away in the limo, leaving The Deadman seemingly unconscious. Just as Raw went off the air however, we seen The Undertaker sit up in true deadman style and look off into the distance where Evolution had speeded away.

Overall Rating = 86.8%

Thoughts: An Interesting chain of events that were mainly used for storyline advancement, the whole ‘Undertaker plotting for revenge’ situation seemed to come across pretty well and left the crowd once again on a high note.

----------

This looking great and i like the last segment. It really provided a great visual at the end with Taker sitting up.

Thank You. The ending segment was what I was hoping for and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I tried to stick with the realistic side of things and Evolution beating someone down then running away just seemed like the logical choice.

first time ive read the diary and its great... i went back and read from start to finish and love it... Backlash was great as was RAW... looking forward to seeing what happens on Smackdown!

Again, Thank You. It's always nice to find out you have new readers and I'm glad you enjoyed the shows.

-----------

user posted image

Last Night’s Raw

The TV figures for last night are now in: WWE RAW drew 886,220 viewers (down by 16,110). The figures seem to be down substantially given the fact that Raw was just but a night after a Pay-Per-View, which usually brings in an increase in ratings for the show.

Jacqueline To Stay With WWE

Despite rumours of her firing, former Women’s Champion Jacqueline will reportedly be staying with the WWE in a backstage role for at least another year if all goes well. Jacqueline signed a contract extension over the weekend.

user posted image

ROH And BJ Whitmer Part Ways

It has been reported that BJ Whitmer has been taken off all future Ring Of Honor shows due to unknown circumstances. It is well known that ROH were building up BJ Whitmer as of late to perhaps groom him for a title run. At the minute it seems strange that they decided to drop the ball on the matter before things could go anywhere.

Michael Shane To Become TNA Exclusive

Like so many of they’re recent stars, Michael Shane has announced that he will be signing a deal that will make him Exclusive to the NWA:TNA Promotion. Formally a part of ROH and IWA:MS, Shane was said to be in discussions with the WWE quite some time ago with his cousin, Shawn Michael’s apparently pulling the strings on an offer. The news comes as slightly shocking and suggests that TNA may be investing in the youngster some time soon.

Chris Kanyon Signs For AJPW

Former WCW U.S. Champion, Chris Kanyon who was just recently released from his WWE Contract has signed for All Japan Pro Wrestling to work a number of they’re shows over the next year. Kanyon always proved to be a talent but like so many others was put to waste in the WWE, His 90-Day No Compete Clause is only effective within America which explains the lack of involvement in the Indy circuit despite many reported offers.

----------

I'm a little behind of myself as of late, I'll begin Smackdown shortly and have it posted over the next couple of days.

Great RAW. Taker vs HHH feud should be good. Really enjoying the diary.

Thanks for the feedback. The Undertaker vs. Triple H feud is probably the best thing to come out of the Draft Lottery in my opinion, sure it's been done before but with Evolution and now the added addition of Shelton Benjamin in the fray it gives the whole thing an extra edge. Thanks for reading.

I really like how you are working other characters into the main feuds.

You're really giving the brands distinctive feel

Thanks once again for the feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the diary. As for the 'distinctive feel', I'm glad you said that as that was my main idea for dishing out such high-profile fueds this early. Keep on' reading...

----------

user posted image

Preview

From the fall-out of the Smackdown Pay-Per-View Extravaganza that was Backlash, we come live to you this week from Illinois!

The question on everyone’s mind is ‘just who is the WWE Champion?’, as following the controversial draw at Backlash, both Eddie Guerrero and Edge had they’re arms raised. This week Paul Heyman has announced he will clear up the matter; this is one announcement you don’t want to miss.

Controversy has indeed frequent at the Pay-Per-View as many admit John Cena to be screwed out of his United States Championship by Charlie Haas and the New Champion Lance Storm. This week, Lance and Haas are scheduled to face off against the now-former Tag Team Champions, Too Cool. What will Lance have to say about his U.S. Title and what part will Cena play in this Tag Team Encounter?

Also Chris Jericho’s Highlite Reel will return to Smackdown with this week’s guest, Booker T! Both Booker and Jericho came out on the losing ends of they’re matches at Backlash so who knows what will go down in the ring between them.

And finally, At Backlash we saw Rey Mysterio come short of a victory against The Big Red Machine Kane. Kane finished off Mysterio with a Chokeslam and even continued his assault after the bell. What will Kane have to say for himself and what consequences will the big man have to pay?

----------

Smackdown should be up later tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I'm really proud of the progress thus far in the diary, we're just reaching one thousand views at the minute, so thank you all for reading and I can only encourage you to continue. :thumbsup:

Wrestling News Round-Up

user posted image

Smackdown Ratings

The TV figures for last night are now in: WWE Smackdown! drew 903,293 viewers (down by 15,191). Again, following the Pay-Per-View, a much bigger turn-out was expected as the folks at WWE HQ continue to try and solve the problems during this slump. The attendance for the event was 11,530.

WWE Sign Psicosis

Former WCW star, Psicosis has reportedly signed with the WWE. Psychosis who has recently been going under the name of ‘Nicho El Millionario’ has toured the world over, letting his wrestling do the talking. The Mexican High-Flyer has worked for WCW, ECW and a number of Mexican Companies in the past and has been linked with the WWE for quite some time now. It is expected he will debut on Smackdown programming in the near future.

Terry Funk To Make WWE Appearance

Just fresh off the recent news that the WWE has signed Psicosis, It has apparently been stated that they have expressed certain interest in Terry Funk. Funk who has worked for the big three in the past is best friends with Mick Foley and thus if he signs the apparent contract he will probably fall into the Legend Killer storyline of Randy Orton. It has been said that a deal has been laid out and the Funkster given time to consider.

HBK Unhappy With Second-Tier Feud

Shawn Michaels has been recently revealed as to saying he is unhappy with the current booking surrounding his rivalry with Chris Benoit. Michaels is reported as saying; ‘I find it a joke that two of the worlds best athletes like myself and Chris are stuck in a second rate feud behind even that of a broken down Mick Foley.’ Apparently this is only the beginning as Michael’s is continuing to be a troublesome force in the lockeroom by shooting down on several workers and keeping his ties with fellow Klique member, Triple H.

user posted image

Ohio Valley Wrestling Cancel Event

As part of they’re Annual Showcase, Ohio Valley Wrestling, much famous for WWE’s Training Grounds, were forced to Cancel an event of there’s last night. For unknown reasons the ‘Into The Fire’ show has been put off indefinitely and all ticket money refunded. The company still promises they will continue business as normal despite this unknown blip on the radar.

Samoa Joe Dethroned

After a monumental reign with the Ring Of Honor Heavyweight Championship, Samoa Joe has finally been defeated by none other than CM Punk. Last night’s ROH event saw the belt change hands after an epic battle in the Main Event. All in all the ROH:Reborn show was a success with Justin Credible also getting his hands on the Number One Contendership Trophy after defeating Colt Cabana. Now with a new Champion at last, what corners will Ring Of Honor hope to turn in the near future?

Chris Kanyon in Top Form

Making his debut for All Japan Pro Wrestling last night, Chris Kanyon did the job to Keiji Mutoh in what was said to be a great match. After the event, cameras caught up with the former WCW star who is apparently thrilled with his venture over the waters. We here at wrestle-circle wish Kanyon the very best of luck!

user posted image

Brock Lesnar Files WWE Lawsuit

The youngster WWE Champion of all time, Brock Lesnar is planning to sue his former employers for gimmick infringement, or so it has been reported. Lesnar has claimed that the WWE have been ‘capitalising’ on his ‘big name’ and allowing some of they’re workers to ride on his coat-tails so-to-speak. With things only getting harsher and harsher between the two partners it may well be a good idea to cross good ol’ Brock off of the possible return list.

OVW To Close Down

Ohio Valley Wrestling, famed for the fact that it serves as a training ground for several WWE superstars is about ready to close its doors. The company has been dwindling for quite some time now even going as far as to cancel its showcase event earlier this week. Sources have suggested that the OVW talent will join the WWE Main Programming in a rumoured third brand, which will take over the time slot of Confidential.

Guest Prototype

Good Smackdown. I dont really like the Co-Champs angle, but it could be interesting. I would have liked to seen Edge as the sole champ with Paul in his corner though. Good diary though.

Sorry to tell you all, but it may be a while before I issue my next update. I'm using my dad's Laptop at the minute and have no ways of accessing my own computer or TEW for that matter. Nonetheless, I will continue the diary as usual as soon as next Monday or before if I'm lucky. Thanks for the feedback thus far and please continue reading.

Good Smackdown. I dont really like the Co-Champs angle, but it could be interesting. I would have liked to seen Edge as the sole champ with Paul in his corner though. Good diary though.

Quick note, it's "stakes", not "steaks", unless you want rampant meat at an all time high.

As usual this is top work and you seem to have everyone in the right positions now, except perhaps Rocky, but it's up to you how you use him because he's one of 'those guys'. Top notch.