The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Someone needs to teach me how to do everything in NBA2k14. I did terribly ok in 13 with the xbox controller n stuff but holy hell i have no idea how to reliably score, steal or penis.

I can teach you how to score and steal but you're on your own on how to penis.

• Like 2

Someone should hook me up with some American PSN credit so I can take advantage of these crazy deals.

Pffft, some of these UK eBay sellers. $10 of PSN credit for £10. XE says $10 is like £5.80, i'm not paying double!

Someone should hook me up with some American PSN credit so I can take advantage of these crazy deals.

Pffft, some of these UK eBay sellers. $10 of PSN credit for £10. XE says $10 is like £5.80, i'm not paying double!

Next time just buy it at amazon.com. You pay 10$ for 10$, all you need is a Credit Card and a fake us adress. The code will be e-mailed if you buy the digital version instead of the boxed one.

Anyone know the size specs, like physical size, not capacity, for a PS3 HDD replacement? My disc drive died so I'm going download only until I can afford a PS4, but I want to get a bigger HDD or maybe SSHD

I've heard those hybrid drives , like 1TB normal hard drive and 8 GB SSD, are OK but from what I recall, the reviews I saw pointed out things like FPS multiplayer as a good use of it where things would be repeatedly used like maps etc. Tthat just seemed odd to me though as you're reliant on other people having to load into the game too so it doesn't seem like you're gaining anything

I've heard those hybrid drives , like 1TB normal hard drive and 8 GB SSD, are OK but from what I recall, the reviews I saw pointed out things like FPS multiplayer as a good use of it where things would be repeatedly used like maps etc. Tthat just seemed odd to me though as you're reliant on other people having to load into the game too so it doesn't seem like you're gaining anything

You'll have it loaded maaaaaybe a second or so sooner than others, but as someone with an SSD in both my gaming PC and PS3, I speak from experience that it really doesn't give you much of a boost. Certainly not worth the money spent versus a much larger 7200/9000 RPM drive.

From what I've found the PS3 only supports 5400/7200 rpm drives

From what I've found the PS3 only supports 5400/7200 rpm drives

I did have a 9000 RPM drive in there at one point, but it didn't stay long (I transferred it to my laptop once I lucked into a second SSD.) Can't really say anything about the longevity, but it worked fine enough for the month or so it was in there.

Yea the issue does seem to be more of an overheating concern from what I've read now

• Like 1

I don´t know how international this is, but the FIFA World Cup game is on sale for 20€ on the german PSN as "Champions Edition" till the 19th. It includes a bunch of downloads of wich i have no idea how special they are. Additas Team of the tournament, some goal celebrations, different balls.

I would not call this a great price considering how wild the prices of these games drop after the tournament but it´s defenetly lower than what i see in stores right now.

In other news, that japan sale is fairly amazing, ni no kuni now down to 4,99€. Bunch of other cool looking rpgs, the Mega Man games, street fighter 4 for a fiver aswell.

I'm still waiting for Ni No Kuni to turn up for a similar price on disc, not fancying the 20+gb download for it.

I bought it when it was super cheap on PSN but still haven't played it. I did enjoy the demo I tried out a while ago. Also, bought NHL 14 for $15 which I think probably killed off the EWB Hitmen for good. :pervert: