The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Alpha Protocol has some of the coolest concepts and ideas out there that is genuinely love to see implemented elsewhere, but the execution here is fucking horrendous.

• Like 1

Alpha Protocol has some of the coolest concepts and ideas out there that is genuinely love to see implemented elsewhere, but the execution here is fucking horrendous.

That's how I feel about it. Like, if it wasn't for the gameplay, it would have been a great game.

It's definitely worth a go through Liam but as said if you decided to play as any certain type other than this one specific build then you'll be fucked near end game. It's ridiculous and no reason for it but eh. I loved being able to set up the way you want to attack each level but the combat was like trying to thread a needle blindfolded, with oven gloves on.

• Like 1

Nice sale going on. Looking to ad Rune Factory Oceans to the list of games i own and never play.

http://chillmo.com/goto/Rising_Star_Games_Sale/24528463/

Still downloading but, anyone up for some PS Alstars Matches? My PSN ID is mmatzat i belive. I got some for the US aswell if thats neccesarry.

Edited by Herr Matzat

It is kinda lame, but I think Sportsfriends is a game that loses virtually all of its charm when there isn't someone to shit-talk and punch in your immediate vicinity. I categorize that as "Smash Bros./Mario Kart" style multiplayer—fine online, but infinitely more fun local.

Also, does Guacamelee survive on more than just its rad art style and meme-y ass jokes? I played the demo at an EB and generally enjoyed its franticness and thought the combat was pretty good, but not, like, say a Mark of the Ninja, or anything like that. I loved the art style, but I can't tell if the game will wear thin eventually. I'm looking for a game to play with the ladyfriend when we grab another controller. And though we have many an option with Steam/hooking my laptop up to HDMI, but having a few things on the PS4 would be rad too.

• Like 1

Is there anyway these days that will still buy PS2 games? I'm cleaning out all my old shit and came across loads of them. I know eBay is always there but it's such a hassle sometimes.

CEX for a pittance. Like, I think they'll still sell the GTA's for a tenner or something since obviously they are amongst the most popular titles on there, but they might only give you a pound or two credit. Though, I suppose that's not too bad

for an old PS2 game. But I think outside of the most popular stuff you'd be getting down to 25p or something.

Out of curiosity, what have you got? Or any other stuff for that matter like PS1 or Gameboy or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

PS2 has never been something I've been into collecting since it went into retirement after I got my 360. Since my system was semi dead, it's not as easy to play games on, whereas if I find a cheap PS1 game I can always use it on the PS3. Slimline PS2's always seem relatively expensive and at that point, I'd rather just use that money on something else.

• 2 weeks later...

October PS+! 7th for US and 8th for Europe except for Drive Club which seems to be the 10th for the UK.

DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)
Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)

Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)
Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)

Looks like a really sweet set there. Arkham Asylum I imagine a lot of people will have already played but if you haven't, a really cool game. Dust was on the 360's free program recently and is a decent Metroidvania type game if you can look past it being a bit furry. Always heard good things about the D&D beat em ups so it'll be nice to give those a try, potentially with multiplayer? The trouble with things like Turtles, Simpsons and X-Men on 360 was no one was willing to buy them unless they were mega cheap because they've got limited re-playability but if everyone gets it free then there's no problem. Spelunky I've always meant to try after seeing people like Eddie and Kou play it on Twitch, Rainbow Moon I seem to recall is a strategy RPG type thing so maybe good if you're into those FF Tactics, Disagea etc type games. No idea what Pix the Cat is though.

October PS+! 7th for US and 8th for Europe except for Drive Club which seems to be the 10th for the UK.

DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)

Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)

Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)

Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)

Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)

Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)

Looks like a really sweet set there. Arkham Asylum I imagine a lot of people will have already played but if you haven't, a really cool game. Dust was on the 360's free program recently and is a decent Metroidvania type game if you can look past it being a bit furry. Always heard good things about the D&D beat em ups so it'll be nice to give those a try, potentially with multiplayer? The trouble with things like Turtles, Simpsons and X-Men on 360 was no one was willing to buy them unless they were mega cheap because they've got limited re-playability but if everyone gets it free then there's no problem. Spelunky I've always meant to try after seeing people like Eddie and Kou play it on Twitch, Rainbow Moon I seem to recall is a strategy RPG type thing so maybe good if you're into those FF Tactics, Disagea etc type games. No idea what Pix the Cat is though.

Spelunky! :D