The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

I still really, really, really hate that we can't buy the PSOne and PS2 games that you can get on PS3.  It's just nonsensical to not open that up to PS4 users.  Don't do this slow roll out specific title bullshit, give us access to that entire store.  I'm beginning to think about getting rid of my PS4 for a PS3, just so I can have access to that library.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Maxx said:

I still really, really, really hate that we can't buy the PSOne and PS2 games that you can get on PS3.  It's just nonsensical to not open that up to PS4 users.  Don't do this slow roll out specific title bullshit, give us access to that entire store.  I'm beginning to think about getting rid of my PS4 for a PS3, just so I can have access to that library.

I seriously only want this so I can play Fire Pro on my PS4 and not hook up my PS2 whenever I get the itch.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I seriously only want this so I can play Fire Pro on my PS4 and not hook up my PS2 whenever I get the itch.

Final Fantasy 8 & 9 since they aren't being remade/updated anytime soon. Fire Pro would be great as well. I can't think of any other PSOne/2 games that I'd like to play at the moment. Go back to the old annoying control system of WWF Raw and Warzone. Man I had way too much fun with the CAW's on those games.

Easter sale on PS Store...

Easter Sale (until 30/03/16)

PS4:

PS3:

PS Vita and PSP:

Easter Sale (until 06/04/16)

PS4:

PS3:

PS Vita:

Cross Buy:

I haven't played God of War, but I enjoyed Deadpool. True to the character and comics, it's a fairly straightforward button mashy combo brawler. I got a good 6-8 hours out of it. Not much replay appeal as the one liners and quips get repetitive after a while. But well worth a go if you're a fan of the character. 

On 3/20/2016 at 16:54, Forky said:

Has anyone played Deadpool? Is it in the same vein as God Of War? 

I'd say the best comparison to Deadpool would be the Devil May Cry reboot that came out a few years back. The gameplay is similar to DMC, but like previously mentioned it doesn't have much replay value. I'd recommend you rent it before buying it, because it does get old kinda fast.

Wasn't FFXI one of the only games that supported the PS2 online?  Actually, I just looked it up and yes, FFXI was the only game that depended on the modem/HDD adapter for patches.  Other games just used it for save data

Sony opened up pre-orders for the PlayStation VR Core Bundle headset at 10am EST today, March 29. Pre-orders for the pricier PlayStation VR Launch Bundle kicked off on March 22 at 10am EST. As that bundle quickly sold out, Sony expects the same with the Core unit as well. For the latter offering, PlayStation 4 gamers will also need to purchase the PlayStation Camera for $60 and the PlayStation Move motion controller for around $30.

The core package will include the PlayStation VR headset, the processor unit, a connection cable, an HDMI cable, a USB cable, stereo headphones, an AC power cord, an AC adapter, and a demo disc. The PlayStation Move motion sensor and the PlayStation Camera are sold separately, which adds motion capture capabilities for a more immersive experience. You’ll need the DualShock 4 controller at the very least to move around in the virtual realm.

I remember playing Dragsy and Kaney on one of the Smackdowns. 

Probably played some PES too and a little of the bundled army based vehicular combat game. 

• Like 1