The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

So I'm just hearing now that to get the best out of PS VR, you'll need to upgrade your PS4 to PS4.5? Is that just some bullshit made up, or are we really expected to shell out a couple hundred more to upgrade our two-year old system, only to be expected to drop another $400 for the VR set? That seems a bit much. I'll gladly hold off for a couple years if that's the case.

34 minutes ago, Meacon said:

So I'm just hearing now that to get the best out of PS VR, you'll need to upgrade your PS4 to PS4.5? Is that just some bullshit made up, or are we really expected to shell out a couple hundred more to upgrade our two-year old system, only to be expected to drop another $400 for the VR set? That seems a bit much. I'll gladly hold off for a couple years if that's the case.

Did you check the date?

35 minutes ago, Meacon said:

It seems a bit murky, but I do imagine you'd get a smoother experience (and most games will be developed) for the faster processor and graphical capabilities of the PS4k.  I still can't justify it because of the inane headgear.

Semi-related:  God of War 4 looks like it's becoming more of a thing.  Leaked reports of it being a prominent title for the PS4k and then an animator updated his resume to show he is working on it.

10 hours ago, Benji said:

I mean, they only existed at this point for FFXI anyway, I don't even remember playing a PS2 game online. Honestly, I'm amazed they were still going.

Good job I'm playing FFXI on PC. 

Not even joking, I am literally playing it right now. 

On 4/1/2016 at 12:46, Velociraptor King Ellis said:

I remember playing Dragsy and Kaney on one of the Smackdowns. 

Probably played some PES too and a little of the bundled army based vehicular combat game. 

Didn't we have some ridiculous triple threat ladder match that lasted 45 minutes? 

I also played Timesplitters online once, but it didn't really work very well. 

Looks like the PS4 remote play will be a thing starting tomorrow. Anyone know if it will work better than the XBO one? I tried to play Hitman on my PC via remote play, and it lagged a lot.

Vita remote play is very good, but that's because the PS4 was designed with it in mind. The PS4 and Vita are essentially "linked", meaning that you can just stream PS4 games without the need for a Wifi connection, as long as you're within a reasonably short distance from the console. Remote play over a wireless connection is, as mentioned, usually unreliable, though.

4 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Why wouldn't I just play my PS4 on my PS4? :shifty: 

Exactly. 

This is why the PC remote play would never interest me. My PC and PS4 are in the same room, and my PS4 is linked up to a 40 inch screen, as opposed to the PC which has a 22 inch one.

• Like 1

Did a 7 day trial of Playstation Vue, it's pretty great.  If I wanted to get cable again, I'd definitely go with that over a traditional company.