The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

19 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Nabbed a copy of Street Fighter V for $30, so I think I'll be alternating between that at Rogue Legacy for a bit.  SFV seems one I could platinum with enough time and somehow I've yet to beat Rogue Legacy <_< 

Rogue Legacy is hard, that's why. I've never been able to beat a boss :(

That happened to me so I started to prioritise hokage and barbarians classes and grinding for gold to upgrade everything and was able to beat Ponce and Herodotus not easily but it wasnt that hard, and I didnt do much grinding in the southern map. I'd also try and find Calypso's Compass and get some good armour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sony confirmed the PS4.5, codenamed "Neo". It'll support the Playstation VR headset, have 4K resolution, a faster processor and "richer graphics". Won't be shown at E3, and is intended to complement the PS4.

I'll be interested to see how this affects Sony's image in the near and long-term future. It might very well make no significant difference either way, but I think there's a certain amount that hinges on how they handle the promotion of their products over the next few months. There has been a worry voiced by an unnamed industry insider who stated that the Neo was partly a response to difficulties in getting the Playstation VR running smoothly on the current PS4 SKU, and, if current PS4 owners end up with a pre-ordered VR product that doesn't work properly unless they put down more cash for a new system, there will be problems.

There's also a strong possibility that Sony will present its games on the new system during games conferences and exhibitions so that they look nice for the press. That's not exactly a new problem, given that developers have been known to either use CGI trailers or PC graphics to represent a console product, but there could be a backlash if it's not handled with openness.

This is all just conjecture at this point, of course, because we don't know exactly what the Neo will end up being by comparison with the regular PS4, so I'm not trying to put down Sony unjustly before things become a little clearer, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little apprehensive.

On 6/17/2016 at 17:17, Meacon¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Hey big spender! 

I will likely be on after 9 EST tonight.

It will probably still be installing <_<

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...