The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

My next game purchase will probably be Friday the 13th. It got announced for an end of May digital release. Depending on the price point, I may just jump on that right away. It's gonna be tough though. If it's more than $30, I'm probably going to have an internal fight about whether or not I should wait for the physical release.

I'm glad they delayed Friday the 13th. Pretty sure the price was gonna be around £25, and as it was, the game was literally "you are either Jason or a person at the camp...go". Something that'd be fun a few times with friends, sure, but hardly any longevity. Hope they've added a few things by the time it's released.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I'm glad they delayed Friday the 13th. Pretty sure the price was gonna be around £25, and as it was, the game was literally "you are either Jason or a person at the camp...go". Something that'd be fun a few times with friends, sure, but hardly any longevity. Hope they've added a few things by the time it's released.

The May 26th (I believe) release date is for the online portion of the game. You play as Jason or the counselors. Sometime later in the summer, they're planning on a patch that will add a single player portion. The single player is supposed to be you playing as Jason or the counselors, re-enacting scenes from the various movies.

I'm not big into online gaming, but I love Jason Voorhees, so I'm excited to kill a bunch of teenagers soon. It sounds like they want to keep adding to the game for as long as it makes sense to keep going. If it's successful, I wouldn't be overly surprised to see them try and get the rights to other horror movie villains later on, either for expansions or full-on new releases.

I know the game design isn't really anything that other online games don't already do... but for someone like me, who hasn't really been gripped by the online gaming craze, maybe this is what I need. Something that I'm familiar with, and a huge fan of, to get me into it.

It just seems a bit one dimensional for a game that isn't exactly cheap. Not quite the same, but Slasher mode on GTA Online is pretty much the same thing without the Camp Crystal Lake/Jason/graphic kills. S'pose it's fun for big fans of the films though.

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

It just seems a bit one dimensional for a game that isn't exactly cheap. Not quite the same, but Slasher mode on GTA Online is pretty much the same thing without the Camp Crystal Lake/Jason/graphic kills. S'pose it's fun for big fans of the films though.

It's the epitomy of a streaming game for me - something that I'll watch but not something that I'm all that interested in playing. I mean, it's essentially a coat of paint on that Dead By Daylight game - I don't find that fun at all to play with a group of strangers and syncing up any number of people at this point in my life is damn near impossible. Watching YouTubers play it in groups where they're all getting content, etc though is a different story.

It says a lot about the concept that I heard a few groups like Funhaus talking about a year or more back when they were seeing and predicting games being made that were specifically focused towards streamers - games like Friday The 13th/DBD and all the hundreds of Hunger Games inspired games have jumped on that.

23 hours ago, Walker said:

I currently have Micro Machines, Tekken 7, WipEout and Shadow of War on pre-order. Most I've have had for a good few years. Plus Red Dead 2 will be pre-ordered as soon as it comes available on Amazon.

TIL there's a new Micro Machines! :o

I have nothing on pre-order at the moment, but Puyo Puyo Tetris is out this week, and I'm torn between getting it for PS4 or Switch. I have the demo on Switch, and it seems better suited for a handheld, but it's much cheaper on PS4.

I'll probably buy Tekken 7 - I haven't played a Tekken game since the PS2, haven't owned once since the PS1, but it looks fun. And NJPW DLC, if it makes it to the UK release, because I'm a sucker for shiny superficial changes.

I get through games so slowly, though, that I barely buy anything - the free games every month on PS+ are usually more than enough to keep me busy on top of my current backlog!

59 minutes ago, Skummy said:

I have nothing on pre-order at the moment, but Puyo Puyo Tetris is out this week, and I'm torn between getting it for PS4 or Switch. I have the demo on Switch, and it seems better suited for a handheld, but it's much cheaper on PS4.

I was annoyed about that myself - have you looked at it digital vs physical? I was complaining that it's 54 dollars CAD for the Switch vs. 34 dollars CAD for the PS4 version, but a co-worker told me that it was 34 dollars on the digital store.

Tales from the Borderland is perfect, because I almost bought it for 1.99$ a while back but forgot it in my cart. Now I get it for free. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Apsham said:

I was annoyed about that myself - have you looked at it digital vs physical? I was complaining that it's 54 dollars CAD for the Switch vs. 34 dollars CAD for the PS4 version, but a co-worker told me that it was 34 dollars on the digital store.

I'll have to check the digital price when I get home. I have seen it elsewhere that the North American Switch physical release comes with keyrings, and that's why it's pricier than the digital version, but I don't think the UK release does.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my PS4 has started ejecting discs at random. Not so much when watching movies, but when playing games for a little bit my system will beep and then eject the disc. I won't be able to re-insert it until after I reset the system.

Anyone else have this happen to their system?

12 minutes ago, Toe said:

So my PS4 has started ejecting discs at random. Not so much when watching movies, but when playing games for a little bit my system will beep and then eject the disc. I won't be able to re-insert it until after I reset the system.

Anyone else have this happen to their system?

@Just Relegated and @Jericode, didn't one of you have that issue?