The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

3 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Bit the bullet, nabbed Injustice 2 for $40 at Gamestop.  I'd say it is a fun game so long as you haven't owned any of the more recent Mortal Kombats.  Even still, Short Girl loves it because superheroes, so I'm not complaining one bit.

I bit the bullet and got it on the Xbox sale and I love it - adding the gear system really puts it over the top for me. It barely feels like a fighting game to me - at least the stigma that makes me not enjoy most fighting games.

The Nemesis System is being used as an inspiration for Ken Levine's next game, or so he says. I actually thought that it would end up like the building climbing from Assassin's Creed as a once exciting mechanic that was done to death in countless games since, but that really doesn't seem to have been the case.

The voice acting is so bad that is good for SoM. My better half plays it all of the time and I am just cracking up over the voice acting and how repetitive it can be. You hear the same dialogue so many times in an hour and it is all so comical. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2017 at 15:24, Jericode said:

The gameplay was superb, how the Nemesis system wasn't made into a bigger deal and put into more stuff is beyond me.

They look like they've built on it really well for the sequel.

XCOM 2 is adding it into their DLC

• 2 weeks later...

I was so bummed out that I missed the Nerd Flash Sale. Batman: Return to Arkham was only $20, so I traded in the last of my physical games for a PSN Card, only to find out that I missed the sale by a day.