World Wrestling Federation 1992

MattHarms

December 22 1991:

My story begins in 2050.

I know what you are saying. How can that be? This is December 1991 and you are telling a story that happens in the future.

This is a very strange story. It involves time travel, mind switching, and professional wrestling. A very odd string of things which should make little to no sense no matter how many times I explain it.

As you are probally coming across these logs somewhere years later if you are reading them, the WWE(or WWF in this time line, because we paid off the other WWF with a huge sum of money) is not what you expect. In the previous time line before the freak accident that I am about to tell you about, a man known as Triple H married into the McMahon family and after Vince McMahon died in 2022, he ruled with an iron fist.

Vince’s son, Shane, was bitter that his father didn’t give him control of the promotion in his will so he purchased World Championship Wrestling name from the co owners Stephanie McMahon and Triple H.

This proved to be a disaster. The inner McMahon turmoil destroyed the wrestling scene. To make things worst, NWA-TNA, owned by Jeff Jarrett, was refusing to push anyone new. Jarrett continued to put himself over everyone week after week until the crowds started disappearing. They had to start holding shows in empty studios until they folded in 2030(remind you of a certain AWA).

Wrestlemania XXX happened in 2024 and it was the worst wrestlemania of all time. The Undertaker continued to be undefeated at Wrestlemania by defeating Billy Gunn(who was in the middle of yet another failed push to the top in this timeline). Triple H retained the World Heavyweight Title against John Bradshaw Layfield in the worst main event in Wrestlemania history. Hulk Hogan also fought Ric Flair in the first ever Wheelchair Match in Wrestlemania history.

The new WCW wasn’t doing too much better. It folded in 2026 and the WWE folded in 2032 after it finally ran out of the rest of Vince McMahon’s billions.

Other then a few small promotions here and there, wrestling had been set back to the days of smokey pool halls and bars.

So where do I come in you may ask? I am a scientist. A slightly deranged scientist, some say. I developed a watch that allows you to travel to any point in time. In a related note, I had a rough prototype of a machine. It allows a person to switch minds with another person. I have no use for it but I need a little excitement in my life by having every two bit criminal come after it for evil plots.

I am strange like that, if you must know.

I was tweaking my useless machine (while wearing the time piece). There was a heavy storm going on outside. The power source of my lab got struck by a huge bolt of lightning and triggered the unstable mind switching device and my time piece.

It suddenly went to black. Then I woke up…in the lockeroom…of a WWF event….in 1991.

This Tuesday in Texas to be exact. The failed WWF experiment where they wanted to have a PPV every week but the test run failed.

I looked in a nearby mirror and I did a double take.

My brain was in the body of current WWF magazine writer/junior consultant of the booking team/future Internet punching bag in the other timeline, Vince Russo

God has played a practical joke on me. There is no way around it.

I watch the show and here are the results of it.

Interconinental Champion Bret Hart defeated Skinner

Randy Savage pinned Jake Roberts in a No Disqualification Match

Davey Boy Smith pinned the Warlord

Ted DiBiase and Repo Man defeated Virgil and El Matador when Dibiase pinned Virgil.

Hulk Hogan pinned the Undertaker to win the World Title.

That was then and this is now. Since then, Jack Tunney has stripped Hulk Hogan of the World Title and has put it up in the Royal Rumble Match.

The more I think about this, I can fix Wrestling so the bottom doesn’t drop out after Vince dies.

Mucking with time does have consequences, unfortunely. This is less risky with my brain in the body of someone else then my future self coming to the past, but still the future as I know it is about to change. Hopefully for the better.

1992 is where the past gets changed to help the future.

Fax from Vincent Kennedy McMahon, December 31st 1991 to all creative in World Wrestling Federation

WWF talent roster (does not include enhancement talent)

Faces=Blue, Heels=Red (Position on Card, Gimmick)

Animal (Midcarder, Power and Paint)

Beau Beverly (Lower Midcarder, Arrogant)

Big Boss Man (Midcarder, Law Enforcer)

Blake Beverly (Lower Midcarder, Arrogant)

Bobby Heenan (Manager, The Brain)

Bret Hart (Upper Midcarder, Old School Face)

Brian Knobbs (Midcarder, Slob)

The British Bulldog (Midcarder, Old School Face)

Butch (Lower Midcarder, Fun Babyface)

Colonel Mustafa (Lower Midcarder, Evil Foreigner)

Earthquake (Lower Midcarder, Monster)

El Matador (Lower Midcarder, Old School Face)

Miss Elizabeth (Manager, None)

General Adnan (Manager, Evil Foreigner)

Greg Valentine (Lower Midcarder, Grizzled Veteran)

Haku (Lower Midcarder, Savage)

Harvey Wippleman (Manager, Obnoxious)

Hawk (Midcarder, Power and Paint)

Hercules (Midcarder, Old School Heel)

Hulk Hogan (Main Event, Hero)

IRS ( Midcarder,Obnonxious)

Jack Tunney (WWF President, Staff Member)

Jake Roberts (Upper Midcarder, Evil)

Jameson (Manager, Fun Babyface)

Jerry Saggs (Midcarder, Slob)

Jim Duggan (Midcarder, Pro USA)

Jim Neidhart (Lower Midcarder, Old School Face)

Jim Powers (Opener, Old School Face)

Jimmy Hart (Manager, The Brain)

Jimmy Snuka (Face, Savage)

Kato (Opener, Evil Foreigner)

Koko B. Ware (Opener, Fun Babyface)

Luke (Lower Midcarder, Fun Babyface)

Marty Jannetty (Midcarder, Teen Idol)

Mr. Fuji (Manager, Evil Foreigner)

Mr. Perfect (Manager, Executive Consultant)

Owen Hart (Lower Midcarder, Old School Face)

Papa Shango (Midcarder, Voodoo)

Paul Bearer (Manager, Supernatural)

Randy Savage (Main Eventer, Old School Face)

Repo Man (Opener, Theif)

Ric Flair (Main Eventer, Cheater)

Rick Martel (Lower Midcarder, Prima Donna)

Rowdy Roddy Piper (Upper Midcarder, Crazy)

Sensational Sherri (Manager, Obnoxious)

Sgt. Slaughter (Midcarder, Pro USA)

Shawn Michaels (Midcarder, Cocky)

Sid Justice (Main Eventer, Monster)

Skinner (Lower Midcarder, Slob)

Slick (Manager, Evil Preacher)

Tanaka (Opener, Evil Foreigner)

Tatanka (Lower Midcarder, Native American)

Ted DiBiase (Midcarder, Rich Snob)

Texas Tornado (Midcarder, Old School Face)

The Barbarian (Lower Midcarder, Savage)

The Berzerker (Lower Midcarder, Savage)

The Genius (Manager, Obnoxious)

The Mountie (Midcarder, Corrupt Law Enforcer)

The Undertaker (Main Eventer, Super Natural)

The Warlord (Midcarder, Monster)

Typhoon (Midcarder, Monster)

Virgil (Lower Midcarder, Old School Face)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Superstars for the Weekend of 1/4/92

Your Announcers are: Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect

The Bushwhackers do battle with the Malenko Brothers

It was the brawling of the Bushwhackers vs the Technical Skills of the Malenko Brothers. This is the Malenko’s first WWF apperence althrough the announcers do not announce anything about their past in typical WWF manner. Bushwhacker Butch pounds away at Joe Malenko and suplexes him. A headbutt dropped to the stomach and Luke gets tagged in. The Bushwhackers double team Joe, clubbering him in the corner. Luke does some biting and scratching, which gets the crowd behind the Bushwhackers. Fans are so easy to please. Luke clotheslines Joe down and Joe manages to make the tag to Dean Malenko. Dean gets a brief advantage with some basic moves, keeping it on The Bushwhacker’s level but not for long. Luke bits Dean and tags in Butch. Double team from the Bushwhackers, double clothesling Dean Malenko down to the mat. Joe attempted to enter but gets double clotheslined as well. Battering Ram to Dean and the Bushwhackers score the pin. They work the crowd after the match.

Winners of the Match: The Bushwhackers (w/The Battering Ram to Dean Malenko)

Segment Approval Rating: 65

Crowd Reaction: 49

Match Quality: 82

Interview with the Undertaker and Paul Bearer

Paul Bearer: My Undertaker tasted what was rightfully his for only six days. Six days until Hulk Hogan took away the destiny from the Darkside. No one has the belt and my Undertaker is poised to capture the belt. The Royal Rumble is coming up in two weeks and the darkside will reign over the World Wrestling Federation, much longer then six days this time. The dark age will come to the WWF soon enough as my Undertaker will crush everyone in his path to the top. They will all Rest in Peace.

The Undertaker looks at the camera with a meanacing look but does not say anything.

Segment Approval Rating:80

The Berzerker(w/Mr. Fuji) husses out to do battle with Reno Riggens

Reno Riggens attacks The Berzerker with punches and kicks at the bell. The Berzerker shoulderblocks Riggens down and yells out: “HUSS, HUSS”. This allows Riggens to gain a slight advantage by catching the Berzerker with a dropkick from behind. He gets staggered forward and Riggens goes for a cross body but the Berzerker catches him and drops him on the ring apron. The Berzerker shoulderblocks Riggens off the ring apron and Riggens hits the floor with a thunderous crash. “HUSS HUSS”. Riggens goes up to the ring apron and the Berzerker drags him in over the top rope. The Berzerker throws Riggens into the ropes and ducks the head and pays for it with a knee to the face. The Berzerker blitzes Riggens with a clothesline after not feeling that knee to the face. The Berzerker hooks Riggens from behind and throws him to the canvas with an atomic throw. Riggens is stunned. The Berzerker backs up and Big Boots Riggens to the canvas as he gets up. “HUSS HUSS”. The Berzerker covers and gets three. “HUSS HUSS”.

Winner: The Berzerker (w/The Big Boot)

Segment Approval Rating: 39

Crowd Reaction: 33

Match Quality: 45

Ric Flair interview

Ric Flair There is only one real World’s Champion in wrestling. That is the Nature Boy. I came to the World Wrestling Federation for one reason only. That is to capture the WWF World Title and become the undisputed champion in wrestling. The Nature Boy, the master of stylin’ and profilin’, kissing all the girls and making them cry. It really doesn’t matter what number I draw in the Royal Rumble because the Nature Boy has the endurance to got the distance. Ask any woman who has ever ridden Space Mountain. They know of the Nature Boy’s great endurance. The WWF World Belt is coming around the waist of the Nature Boy and that is the best thing going today. Wooo!!!!

Segment Approval Rating: 94

“Canada’s Greatest Athlete” Iron Mike Sharpe faces El Matador

El Matador locks up with Canada’s Greatest Athlete and headlock to start. El Matador works Sharpe down to the mat and works the headlock before Sharpe powers out. Sharpe batters El Matador with some kicks to the midsection and throws him into the ropes. Sharp shoulderblocks him down. Sharpe charges Matador but gets armdragged. Sharpe yells “AHHH my arm”. Tito looks concerned and Sharpe cradles Tito for a two count. Tito chops away on Sharpe. Iron Mike is whipped into the ropes. Tito catches Sharpe with a dropkick. Tito backs up and Tito delivers a dropkick to Iron Mike Sharpe as he gets up to his feet. Tito gets ready and bounces off the ropes. Flying Jalapeno knocks Sharpe down and Tito covers to score the win ove Canada’s Greatest Athlete.

Winner: El Matador (w/The Flying Jalapeno)

Segment Approval Rating: 50

Crowd Reaction: 41

Match Quality: 59

Jake Roberts interview

The Snake is sitting in a darkened room. He pulls himself up and looks at the camera.

Jake The Snake: The Royal Rumble is coming up soon. 30 Men all battling for the biggest prize in wrestling today, the WWF World Title. Ah yes, the WWF World Title. Hulk Hogan, my good friend, never offered me a title shot when he was champion. I am certain that he had a busy schedule, not that he was afraid of losing to me or anything. Hulk, I am the only one who truly knows how you feel to see your glory snatched away from you. Trust me, Hulk. Trust me. Randy Savage, we have some unfinished business from This Tuesday In Texas. Savage, we will meet once again in the Royal Rumble and I will drive your head into the mat with the DDT. The WWF World Title belt is tailor made for heroes. It has never had a snake as the champion. It would be a shame if someone who is totally evil got his hands on the belt. That shame will happen at the Royal Rumble when I capture the WWF Title. It has stayed out of my hands for too long. Trust me, it will happen.

Segment Approval Rating: 86

In Our Feature Bout: Jimmy Snuka faces Shawn Michaels (w/Sensational Sherri)

The legendary Jimmy Snuka comes out to face the cocky Shawn Michaels. Snuka locks up and Shawn shoves him down to the mat before posing at the crowd. Snuka gets up and Shawn jabs away on Snuka before hiptossing him down to the canvas. Shawn drop toe holds Snuka and works the hammerlock. Snuka powers out of the hammerlock and catches Shawn with a headbutt to score a two count. Snuka works the headlock for about a minute before Shawn gets in the ropes. Snuka chops away at Michaels and throws him into the ropes. Snuka lifts Michaels up and down with a high back body drop. Snuka knocks Michaels down with a leaping headbutt. Snuka picks up Michaels and flips him into the corner. Snuka attempts to suplex Michaels into the ring but Michaels reverses it to suplex Snuka out of the ring.

Sensational Sherri grabs Snuka and rakes his eyes on the outside. Michaels exits the ring and throws Snuka into the ring. Michaels short clotheslines Snuka and chinlocks him. The crowd attempts to get behind the Superfly. The arm lifts and drops. The arm lifts and drops a second time. On the third time, the arm stays up. Snuka fights to his feet and shoves Michaels off. Snuka chops away on Michaels. Snuka throws Michaels into the ropes and Snuka catches Michaels with a clothesline sending him into the air 360. Snuka goes up to the top rope and waits on Michaels to get up. Snuka delivers a headbutt off the top to the standing Michaels and Michaels falls backwards to the canvas. Snuka heads up top again. Snuka is going to go for the Superfly Leap. Snuka leaps off and DOWN onto Michaels. That’s his move. NO wait, Snuka only gets a 2 and 3/4th count because Sherri draped Shawn Michael’s foot over the bottom rope.

Snuka goes after Sherri but Michaels is up. Michaels catches Snuka with a knee to the back of the head. Michaels thrust kicks Snuka down but only gets two. Michaels climbs up to the top rope but Snuka heads him off. Snuka throws Michaels off the top rope. Snuka bounces off the ropes but Sherri grabs the leg. Snuka attempts to get her away but Michaels cheapshots Snuka. Michaels cradles Snuka and Teardrop Suplex driving the Legend down to the canvas. Michaels scores the pin.

Winner: Shawn Michaels (w/The Tear Drop Suplex)

Segment Approval Rating: 68

Crowd Reaction:69

Match Quality: 69

Overall Crowd Approval Rating: 68

Superstars got a 3.57 Television Rating

WWF Wrestling Challenge for the Weekend of 1/4/92

Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon are your commentators

The Repo Man goes into the ring to face Rob Zakowski in the opening bout

Repo sneaks into the ring and pounds away on Zakowski to start out. Repo goes for a punch but Zakowski rolls underneath and dropkicks Repo Man down to the mat. Zakowski backs up and catches Repo Man with a spinning leg lariat knocking him down to the mat. Repo Man is pulled up by Zakowski but he gets a knee to the midsection. Repo Man punches Zakowski to the mat and drops an elbow across the sternum. Repo Man picks up Rob Zakowski and hooks him. Gutwrench Suplex from Repo Man. Repo Man chokes Rob Zakowski and picks him up. Repo Man throws Zakowski into the ropes and punch to the midsection. Repo Man kicks Zakowski’s leg out from underneath him and laughs about it. Repo Man picks up Zakowski but gets pulled into a small package. This move only gets two. Zakowski goes for a kick but Repo catches it. Zakowski flips out of the kick and delivers a front dropkick sending the Repo Man crashing to the corner. Zakowski goes after Repo Man but REPO MAN BASHES ZAKOWSKI WITH THE HUCAP ACROSS THE HEAD. The referee does not see this and Repo covers Zakowski to score the pin.

Winner: The Repo Man(after using his hubcap as a weapon]

Segment Approval Rating: 62

Crowd Reaction: 45

Match Quality: 80

Hulk Hogan interview

Hulk Hogan: Hulkamania is running wilder then ever as the Royal Rumble is two weeks away. It is the chance for the Hulkster to regain what is rightfully is. All the little Hulkamaniacs are training, saying their prayers, taking their vitamins, and hoping to see Hulkamania run wild once more in the Royal Rumble Match. The last two years, The Hulkster has outlasted 30 men and captured the WWF World Title. The Hulkster doesn’t care if it the Undertaker, Ric Flair, or that evil dude, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, brother. Heck, if some of the Hulksters pals such as The Macho Man and Rowdy Roddy get in his way, they will learn what the power of Hulkamania is all about. So whatcha going to do when The Hulkster enters the Royal Rumble and regains the WWF World Title and runs wild on you, dude.

Hulk poses as the camera cuts out from this pre-taped interview.

Segment Approval Rating: 90

The Texas Tornado dukes it out with the Brooklyn Brawler

The Tornado is busy playing to the crowd and the Brawler jumps him from behind. The Brawler pounds away at the Tornado with punches. Brooklyn Brawler goes for a clothesline but Von Erich ducks and the Tornado chops away at the Brawler. The Texas Tornado throws the Brawler into the ropes and leaping forearm smash brings the Brawler down to the canvas. The Tornado throws the Brawler into the ropes and takes him down with a dropkick. The Tornado covers the Brawler. Two count off of that dropkick. The Texas Tornado picks up the Brawler but Brawler goes to the eyes. The Brooklyn Brawler clotheslines the Tornado down to the mat. The Brawler chokes away on Von Erich and breaks at four. The Brooklyn Brawler throws the Texas Tornado into the ropes. The Brooklyn Brawler charges in but The Texas Tornado moves. Brawler crashes into the corner sternum first. Von Erich hooks the Brawler and atomic drop. The Brawler does a forward roll sell. Von Erich picks up on the Brawler and slaps the clawhold on him. The Texas Tornado is putting down the Brooklyn Brawler with that clawhold. The Brawler is attempting to break the move and he pushes the Texas Tornado off. The Texas Tornado catches the Brawler with the Tornado Spin Punch on the rebound. The Brawler is knocked out and The Texas Tornado covers him to score the three count pin.

Winner: The Texas Tornado(w/The Tornado Spin Punch)

Segment Approval Rating: 57

Crowd Reaction: 48

Match Quality: 67

The Legion of Doom interview

Animal: It seems like when you hold the WWF World Tag Team Titles, there are a lot of really bad dudes coming after you. The Legion of Doom can handle a lot but there are two really big, bad dudes that seem to want our Tag Team Title Belts. Tell em, Hawk.

Hawk: Wellll, it seems like the Natural Disasters are knocking at the door of the Legion of Doom. They are really big but when you have a really big and thick tree, you just hit it harder and harder until it falls down. The Natural Disasters are the two biggest and the two thickest men in the WWF. The Legion of Doom will smash them into little bits at the Royal Rumble. The bigger they come, the harder they fall. Ohhhhhhh what a rushhhhhhh.

Segment Approval Rating: 76

“The Mighty” Hercules will face the high flying newcomer, The Lightning Kid

Hercules pounds away on the Lightning Kid at the bell and throws him into the ropes. Hercules rocks the Lightning Kid with a huge shoulderblock. Hercules stomps away at the Kid and chokes away on him. Hercules picks up the Lightning Kid and presses him above his head. Herc throws the Kid to the mat with a Gorilla Press. Hercules picks up the Lightning Kid and scoops him up. Hercules rams the Lightning Kid into the corner and flexes to some boos from the crowd. Hercules picks up the Lightning Kid by the hair and throws him towards the ropes. Hercules clotheslines the Lighning Kid down. Hercules drops a knee down across the chest of the Kid. Hercules picks up the Kid and pummels his face with a series of punches. Hercules presses the Kid over his head and a stiff throwing Gorilla Press Slam. Hercules knees The Kid in the midsection and Hercules gutwrenches him. Hercules brings the Kid down across the knee with a vicious gutbuster. Hercules pumps his arms up. Hercules picks up the Kid and HORIZONTAL BACKBREAKER. Hercules is stretching the Kid across his shoulders. The Kid submits and Hercules drops him. Hercules yells something at the camera.

Winner: Hercules(w/The Horizontal Backbreaker)

Segment Approval Rating: 56

Crowd Reaction: 39

Match Quality: 74

Rowdy Roddy Piper interview

Piper: It seems like everyone is all psyched up for the Royal Rumble. Everyone wants to be the champion. I hate to break this to all the dreamers but the Hot Rod is trailor made for the WWF Championship. Plus the belt would look good with my kilt, as a fashion statement. It is time for the Hot Rod to make his play to the top. The Royal Rumble is the perfect time to make all the doubters eat there words. Everyone better take some crash landing lessons because they will be flying over the top rope at the end of the night. There is still some sadistic nature in this Crazy Scot, so you all watch your back.

The Beverly Brothers (w/The Genius) face Barry Hardy and Duane Gill in the Wrestling Challenge Feature Bout

Duane Gill starts out against Blake. Blake takes Duane down to the mat and Blake dances as the crowd boos. Duane Gill grabs Blake and hiptosses him down to the mat. Duane Gill charges Blake but gets a knee to the midsection. Blake throws Duane over to the corner and tags in Beau Beverly. Some basic double teaming from the Beverly Brothers. The announcers talk about the Beverly Brothers’s match with the Bushwhackers at the Royal Rumble. Beau throws Duane into the ropes and elbowsmash knocks him down. Beau chokes away at Duane Gill. Beau picks up Gill and tags in Blake. Some more double teaming on Gill. Blake throws Gill into the ropes and knee to the face. Blake hooks Gill from behind the head. Blake drives Gill down across the knee. Blake picks up Gill and throws him into the corner. Blake charges in but Gill moves out of the corner.

Gill makes the tag to Barry Hardy. Barry Hardy runs in and knocks down Blake with a clothesline. Barry Hardy goes into the ropes but the Genius is up on the ring apron. Hardy goes after him and turns around into a kick from Blake. Blake throws Hardy into the corner and punches away on him. Beau enters the ring and knocks Duane Gill off of the ring apron. The Beverly Brothers set up Barry Hardy and BEVERLY BOMB. That drives Hardy into the canvas and Blake covers Hardy to get three.

Winners: The Beverly Brothers(w/The Beverly Bomb)

Segment Approval: 38

Crowd Reaction: 33

Match Quality: 68

Overall Rating: 61

3.91 Rating for Wrestling Challenge

WWF Prime Time Wrestling for 1/6/92

Your Hosts are Bobby “The Brain” Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon.

The New Foundation faces Brooklyn Brawler and Iron Mike Sharpe

Anvil brawls with “Canada’s Greatest Athlete” to start out and clotheslines him to the mat. Anvil shoulderblocks Sharpe and stomps away on him. Anvil throws Sharpe into the ropes and dropkicks him down. The Anvil chokes away at Sharpe but breaks at four. Jim Neidhart throws Sharpe into the ropes and takes him down with an awkward Samoan Drop. Tag to Owen Hart. Owen enters the ring and pounds away at Sharpe with some forearm smashes. Owen backs up and dropkicks Sharpe down to the canvas. Owen goes to the outside. Owen is up top and cross body off the top from the Rocket. Two count on Iron Mike. Owen picks up Sharpe and throws him into the ropes but Sharpe reverses. Sharpe charges in with the forearm but Owen moved out of the way. Owen blasts Sharpe with a spinning leg lariat as he comes out of the corner. Owen stomps away on Sharpe and drops a leg down on Sharpe. Owen lifts Sharpe up but Sharpe goes right to the eyes. Tag to the Brooklyn Brawler. Brawler pounds away at Owen and throws him into the ropes. Brawler backdrops Owen and chinlocks him. Brawler works over Owen but Owen powers out of the chinlock and counters with a belly to back suplex. Owen makes it to the corner and tags the Anvil back in. Neidhart rushes into the ring and wipes out both Sharpe and Brawler with a double clothesline. Neidhart grabs Sharpe and hooks him. Neidhart suplexes Sharpe over. Brawler is up and Owen runs in, putting the Brawler over the top rope with a clothesline. Sharpe goes for a swing but Neidhart ducks and delivers a stiff clothesline to the back of the head. Neidhart grabs Sharpe and Camel Clutches him with the knee digging into the lower back. Neidhart has Sharpe and Sharpe submits. The New Foundation wins.

Winners: The New Foundation(w/a Modified Camel Clutch)

Segment Approval Rating: 58

House Show Footage from Last Weekend

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage are teaming up for a very rare Megapowers reunion against The Undertaker and Ric Flair. Hogan pounds away on the Undertaker while Flair is brawling with Savage on the outside of the ring. Mr. Perfect jumps Savage from behind on the outside. Paul Bearer hands the urn to the Undertaker and Undertaker bonks Hogan with it for a DQ. Hogan is down and Taker chokes Hogan. Taker is choking the Immortal Hulk Hogan out cold. Savage is attempting to get back into the ring to help Hogan but Perfect and Flair pull him out and stomp away on him on the floor.

The crowd is really booing and out comes Jake Roberts. Roberts enters the ring and Roberts is telling The Undertaker to stomp choking Hogan. Roberts is pulling the Undertaker up. The Undertaker reluctantly releases. Jake Roberts picks up Hogan and BAM DDT. Roberts yells at the fallen Hogan: “Never trust a snake.” Roberts tells the Undertaker to go back to choking Hogan and the Undertaker does. Perfect and Flair dragged a battered Savage into the ring and feed him to the Snake for another DDT. These four men (five if you count Paul Bearer), have just taken out the top two popular wrestlers today. Roberts struts around the ring as Flair gives him a dirty look. The Undertaker continues to choke Hogan. The footage ends there.

Segment Approval Rating: 93

Sid Justice comes out against Skinner

Skinner spits his tobacco juice in the face of Sid at the bell and Sid goes postal on Skinner with punches. Sid clotheslines Skinner down. Sid picks up Skinner and throws him into the ropes. Sid takes Skinner down with a stiff side slam. Sid backs up and big boots Skinner down to the canvas. Sid grabs Skinner and pulls him up by the hair. Sid throws Skinner into the corner and stiff knee smash into the corner. Sid chokes Skinner in the corner with the boot and breaks at four. Sid grabs Skinner by the throat and pulls him out of the corner, only to shove him back into the corner. Sid grabs Skinner by the throat and Choke Slams him to the canvas. Sid picks up Skinner and puts him in a standing headscissors. Sid lifts up Skinner and POWER BOMB. That was a brutal Power Bomb and Sid covers Skinner with a foot on the chest to score the pin.

Winner: Sid Justice(w/The Power Bomb)

Segment Approval Rating: 67

Crowd Reaction: 68

Bret Hart interview

Sean Mooney is standing backstage with Bret Hart.

Sean Mooney: I am Sean Mooney and I am backstage with the reigning WWF Interconinental Champion, Bret Hart. Bret, in two weeks at the Royal Rumble, you will do battle with the Mountie with the WWF Interconinental Title on the line. Your thoughts on your opponent at the Royal Rumble.

Bret Hart: The Mountie thinks he can beat me. The Mountie has proven that he is nothing but a joke. This is about the WWF Interconinental Title and I will not allow the likes of the Mountie to beat me in a wrestling match. A lot of great men have held this belt but none of them have been cartoon characters like my challenger at the Royal Rumble. The Mountie will be faced with the Excellence of Execution at the Royal Rumble. I hope he is prepared for it because I am not giving up this Interconinental Title Belt without a fight.

Sean Mooney: This has been Sean Mooney with Bret “The Hitman” Hart. Back to ringside.

Segment Approval Rating: 89

The Big Boss Man goes into battle with Joe Malenko

Joe Malenko taunts the Boss Man to start the match and gets slapped. The Big Boss Man pounds away at Malenko and throws him into the ropes. Boss Man uppercuts Malenko to the mat. Big Boss Man picks up Joe Malenko and into the corner. Boss Man clotheslines Joe Malenko in the corner. Big Boss Man throws Malenko into the ropes and kick to the face knocks Malenko down to the canvas. Big Boss Man backs up the ropes and a knee to Malenko. Boss Man drops to his knees and stiff uppercut to the jaw of Malenko. The Big Boss Man picks up Joe and throws him into the corner. Boss Man charges in but Joe Malenko moves and the Boss Man hits the corner. Joe Malenko goes for a clothesline but Boss Man ducks. Malenko leaps RIGHT INTO THE BOSS MAN SLAM. Big Boss Man covers Malenko and scores the pin.

Winner: The Big Boss Man(w/The Boss Man Slam)

Segment Approval Rating: 61

Crowd Reaction: 47

Match Quality: 75

Jimmy Snuka faces the Mountie(w/The Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart)

This is a PRIMETIME WRESTLING EXCLUSIVE. Snuka chops away at the Mountie to start and headbutts him causing the Mountie to head to the outside. Snuka slides out, going after the Mountie. Snuka throws Mountie into the ring and charges into the ring. Snuka throws Mountie into the ropes and Snuka delivers a kick to the midsection. Snuka goes behind and atomic drop on the Mountie. Snuka goes to the outside. Snuka is up on the top rope and Snuka leaps off with a headbutt to the Mountie as he is on his feet. Mountie flops bac to the canvas. Snuka grabs Mountie from behind but the Mountie’s trick knee acts up, causing Snuka to be doubled over. Mountie grabs Snuka and drives him down across the knee with a facebuster. Mountie chokes away at the Superfly. The Mountie picks up Snuka and throws him into the ropes. Mountie clotheslines Snuka down to the mat. The Mountie drops a knee down across the chest of Snuka before going for the cover. He only gets a two count.

Mountie lifts Snuka up and rake to the face. Mountie throws Snuka into the corner. Mountie charges in but Snuka gets both feet up to the face. Mountie staggers back and Snuka punches away on the Mountie. Snuka throws the Mountie into the ropes and Snuka delivers a dropkick taking the Mountie down. Snuka waits on the Mountie and Snuka scoops up the Mountie and slams him down to the canvas. Snuka gives the signal. Snuka is going up for the Superfly Leap. Snuka is on the top rope but Jimmy Hart grabs the foot of Snuka. Snuka turns around to go after the Mouth of the South. The Mountie has the cattle prod, meanwhile. Snuka kicks Hart off and leaps off the top rope. RIGHT INTO THE CATTLE PROD. Snuka gets shocked by that one. Mountie cradles Snuka for the pinfall attempt.

Mountie is beating down the Superfly after the match. Mountie picks up Snuka and hooks him. Mountie suplexes Snuka down. The crowd is excited about something. BRET HART IS OUT FROM THE BACK. Bret enters the ring NO Jimmy Hart grabs his ankle. Mountie kicks Bret in the head as he attempts to enter the ring. The Mountie and Jimmy Hart are tying the Interconinental Champion in the ropes. Mountie has the cattle prod and HE ZAPS BRET HART WITH IT WHEN HE IS TIED IN THE ROPES. The crowd boos and the Mountie mocks Bret Hart. The Mountie and Jimmy Hart leave, the damage done.

Winner: The Mountie(w/The Cattle Prod)

Segment Approval Rating: 69

Crowd Reaction: 70

Match Quality: 70

Randy Savage interview

Lord Alfred Hayes is backstage with Randy Savage.

Hayes: Greetings gentlemen, I am backstage with one of the most gifted wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation, that being the Macho Man Randy Savage. Mr. Savage, you will be facing a brute of a man known as the Warlord but surely you cannot be one hundred percent coming off that brutish attack from Mr. Perfect, Ric Flair, and Jake Roberts this past weekend.

Savage: Let me tell you something, Lord Alfred. It doesn’t matter how many times people jump me. They will have to deal with the Madness every time. Sure they put me done but you cannot keep the Macho Man down for very long. They better hope they don’t get in my path in the Royal Rumble or something very, very scary will happen to those punks. The Macho Man will be on fire and recapture what is rightfully his, the WWF World Title. As for the Warlord, well the Macho Man has to work off some stress and anger, so you have had the misfortune of dealing with the Madness tonight. Ohhh yeahhh!!!!

Segment Approval Rating: 91

General Adnan(w/Colonel Mustafa) vs Marty Jannetty)

Adnan attacks Jannetty at the bell and chokes him. Adnan throws Marty into the ropes but Marty ducks and leaping forearm smash. Marty backs up but gets tripped by Mustafa. Marty goes after the Colonel but gets an awkward rollup from Adnan. Marty’s shoulders are no where near the canvas but it gets two when Marty gets out. Adnan weakly punches away on Marty and goes to slam him down but Marty drops out. Marty superkicks Adnan. Marty climbs to the top rope and flying fistdrop to the head of Adnan. Marty covers Adnan and scores the pin. The Colonel enters the ring and Marty superkicks him as well. Marty yells about Shawn Michaels as he poses for the crowd.

Winner: Marty Jannetty(w/The Flying Fistdrop)

Segement Approval Rating: 54

Crowd Reaction: 58

Match Quality: 45

Jake Roberts interview

Sean Mooney is backstage with Jake Roberts.

Sean Mooney: I am Sean Mooney and I am backstage with Jake Roberts. One of the partipents in that brutal attack over the weekend. Jake…

Jake Roberts: Yes I know, Mooney. How can I look myself in the mirror after I beat up the two sacred cows Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage? Those two have gotten favorable treatment for two long. I have been in the WWF for 6 years and I yet to get a World Title Shot. They got off easy, because I could have done something much more sinister to those two. Trust me, Sean Mooney, these two have not seen the last of Jake Roberts. The Royal Rumble is coming up and I am planning to personally launch those two over the top rope and to the arena floor. The DDT is the most deadly move in wrestling today as both Hogan and Savage found out last Weekend. The WWF World Title is coming into the hands of pure evil at the Royal Rumble. Trust me.

Segment Approval Rating: 85

In our Feature Bout: The Warlord (w/Harvey Wipplemen) faces Randy Savage

Savage poses and gets jumped by the Warlord at the bell. Warlord pounds away on the Macho Man and Warlord scoops up Savage to slam him down to the match. This is another Prime Time Wrestling Exclusive for all you keeping score at hope. Warlord pummels the Macho Man in the corner. Warlord throws Savage into the ropes. Warlord charges into the corner with an elbow but Savage moves out of the way. Savage catches the Warlord with a leaping kneesmash to the back of the head. Savage jabs away at the Warlord and attempts to scoop him up for a slam but Savage wrenches his back. The Warlord clotheslines the Macho Man down. Warlord picks up Savage and massive backbreaker. Warlord holds Savage across the knee, putting the pressure on. Warlord hoists Savage up and drives him down with a second backbreaker.

Warlord lifts up Savage and throws him into the corner .Warlord drops Savage with a clothesline as he stumbles out of the corner. Warlord picks up Savage and forearms him. Savage falls on the bottom rope, stunned. That little rat Harvey Wippleman chokes Savage while he is on the bottom rope. Savage staggers up right into a powerslam from the Warlord. Warlord flexes his muscles and gives the signal. He is going put Savage in the Full Nelson. Warlord locks Savage in the Full Nelson. Warlord has Savage stunned. The Warlord is attempting and he has got the fingers locked. Savage may find it hard to escape this move. The Warlord could be moments away from the biggest win in his career. Savage is attempting to break out. Savage is going to break the grip. He has to get those fingers unlocked to hope to break the full nelson. Savage is pushing up with everything he has. SAVAGE HAS BROKEN THE HOLD. The Warlord staggers backwards stunned by the burst of power from Savage.

Savage dives at the Warlord and pounds away on him with punches. Savage throws the Warlord into the ropes and Savage delivers a clothesline but the Warlord is only wobbled. Savage goes to the top rope. Savage leaps off and double axe handle chop to the head of the Warlord. Warlord is doubled over and Savage catches the Warlord with a running kneelift. Harvey Wippleman is on the ring apron and Savage has him by the tie. Savage is going to blast Wippleman but the Warlord is up. Warlord charges Savage but Savage pulls Harvey Wippleman into the path of the Warlord. Warlord collides with his manager. Warlord is down and Savage is going up top. Savage leaps off and FLYING ELBOWDROP. Of course that gets three. The Macho Man wins.

Winner: Randy Savage(w/Flying Elbow Drop)

Segment Approval Rating: 72

Crowd Reaction: 75

Match Quality: 66

Sid Justice Interview:

Sid Justice: It seems like the World Wrestling Federation has no concept of Justice. THAT IS WRONG. THEY WILL ALL FAIL. At the Royal Rumble….EVERYONE WHO DARES TO GET IN MY WAY…will be crushed. It doesn’t matter who gets into my way. They will all fall to me because I am the biggest, baddest man in the Royal Rumble. THEY WILL LEARN NOT TO CROSS JUSTICE. THEY WILL LEARN. OH THEY SHALL LEARN AT THE ROYAL RUMBLE. I rule everyone and THEY SHALL BE CRUSHED IF THEY DARE STAND UP TO JUSTICE. Doesn’t matter who will be in. THEY WILL FALL. They will fly over the top rope at the RUMBLE THAT IS ROYAL. I am the biggest, the baddest, and the boldest man on the planet and YES I RULE THIS WORLD. JUSTICE IS RULE. RULE IS JUSTICE. THE WWF WORLD TITLE IS MINE. They will all fail. Yes they shall. THEY SHALL.

Segment Approval Rating: 78

Overall Rating: 74

Prime Time Rating got a 5.64 Rating

Wrestling Observer Newsletter from 1/13/92

16 Month Knee Injury to WWF competitor

Last Friday at a house show, WWF wrestler Barry Horowitz suffered a knee injury in his match with Iron Mike Sharpe. Barry Horowitz got dumped to the outside and landed on his knee wrong, completely blowing out his knee in the process. Horowitz entered the ring and Sharpe got the sudden pin. Horowitz will be out for 16 months after reconstructive knee surgery. We wish him the best in his recovery.

Wrestler has cocaine problem, sent to rehab, and then fired

The WWF is under a microscope after the events of the Dr. George Zahorian trial last year and are in a constant attempt to prove that they are clean to various sources in the media, steroids or other wise.  This cost them one of their brightest stars. Shawn Michaels, who was ready to get a push, admitted he had a cocaine problem. The WWF, not wanting to have known drug abusers on there roster, sent Michaels to rehab, along with firing him. The WWF is paying Michaels’s rehab bills but after that, that is the end of the relationship between the WWF and Shawn Michaels. This would end the scheduled Marty Jannetty vs Shawn Michaels match that was planned for this year’s Wrestlemania.

Royal Rumble Card.

WWF Royal Rumble Match for the WWF World Title

Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, The Undertaker, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, IRS, Ted DiBiase, The British Bulldog, Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter, Rick Martel, The Texas Tornado, Marty Jannetty, Colonel Mustafa, Skinner, Virgil, The Repo Man, The Berzerker, Papa Shango, Brian Knobbs, Jerry Saggs, The Barbarian, Hercules, The Warlord, Jimmy Snuka, Sid Justice, Haku, Greg Valentine, and an unfilled spot that was originally Shawn Michaels’s before he got fired.

WWF Interconinental Title Match

The Mountie(w/Jimmy Hart) vs Bret Hart©

WWF Tag Team Title Match:

The Natural Disasters(w/Jimmy Hart) vs The Legion of Doom©

The Beverly Brothers(w/The Genius) vs The Bushwhackers(w/Jameson)

The New Foundation vs The Orient Express(w/Mr. Fuji)

WWF Superstars Report for the Weekend of 1/11/92

Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect are your hosts

Jim Duggan stomps out to face Dean Malenko

Duggan punches away at Dean Malenko to start out. Duggan throws Malenko into the ropes and huge punch knocking him down. Duggan waits on Malenko and blasts him down with another punch. Duggan grabs Malenko and rams him into the corner. Duggan throws Malenko into the ropes and hoists him up and down with a high back body drop. Duggan punches away at Malenko. Duggan grabs Malenko and atomic drop and Malenko jumps around holding his tailbone. Duggan punches Malenko down to the canvas. Duggan lifts up Malenko and spinning bodyslam. Duggan gets in the three point stance and runs at Malenko. Duggan drives Malenko down with a running clothesline. Duggan covers Dean Malenko for the pin.

Winner: Jim Duggan(w/The Three Point Stance Clothesline)

Mr. Fuji and the Berzerker Interview

Sean Mooney is standing backstage with this next interview.

Sean Mooney: I am Sean Mooney and I am backstage with one of the most powerful men in the WWF today, The Berzerker. He will face Hacksaw Jim Duggan this week on Prime Time Wrestling. Berzerker, your thoughts on that match with Jim Duggan.

Instead of the Berzerker answering, Mr. Fuji answers instead.

Mr. Fuji: A man like my Berzerker, does not have the patience to talk to you Sean Mooney. My Berzerker is a very bad man. He will crush anyone who gets in his way. Look at him. Hacksaw Jim Duggan is nothing but another poor American Athlete. My Berzerker will crush Duggan this week on Prime Time Wrestling. Duggan will not know what hit him.

Berzerker: HUSS HUSS. HUSS HUSS.

Sean Mooney: The Berzerker looks ready for Hacksaw Jim Duggan. This is Sean Mooney, backstage at WWF Superstars.

Colonel Mustafa is coming up to do battle with “The Birdman” Koko B. Ware

Koko plays the crowd and Colonel jumps him from behind at the bell. Mustafa throws Koko into the ropes and high back body drop. Mustafa kicks Koko in the face a couple of times. The Colonel picks up Koko and forearm across the back. Mustafa throws Koko into the ropes and charges in. Koko gets both feet up. Koko runs off the ropes and takes Colonel Mustafa down with an beautiful dropkick. Koko goes after Mustafa but Mustafa goes to the eyes. Mustafa pounds away at Koko and throws him into the corner with some viciousness. Colonel kicks Koko in the midsection and shot to the throat sending the Birdman down. Mustafa stomps the head of Koko before making the cover and only getting two. Mustafa picks up the Birdman and throws him into the corner. Mustafa delivers a snap mare to Koko as he stumbles out of the corner.

Mustafa rolls over Koko B. Ware and goes for the Camel Clutch but the Birdman rolls out. Koko fires some punches to Mustafa. Koko throws the Colonel into the ropes and dropkicks him down to the mat. Koko goes to the top rope. Koko leaps off with a flying cross body press NO Mustafa rolls through. Mustafa has Koko pinned with the foot on the ropes but only gets two when the referee spots the feet on the ropes. Mustafa grabs the referee and GETS ROLLED UP BY THE BIRDMAN. This gets a three count. Koko B. Ware exits the ring quickly to celebrate this upset win.

Winner: Koko B. Ware(w/ a roll up)

Crowd Reaction: 55

Match Quality: 61

Ted DiBiase interview

Sean Mooney is standing by once again.

Mooney: I am with Ted DiBiase, The Million Dollar Man. One of the top wrestlers in the Royal Rumble. What do you think your chances are to win the Royal Rumble, Mr. DiBiase?

DiBiase: Bwhahahaha. Sean Mooney, you think there is any chance that the Million Dollar Man can’t win the Royal Rumble. It doesn’t matter who is in the match because they are not good enough to lick my boots. The Royal Rumble is where I finally get some respect and become the WWF World Champion. That belt will be mine. There might be a couple of allies in there to help me grab the gold. Remember, everyone has their price for the Million Dollar Man. Including you Sean Mooney. Bwhahahahaha.

Mooney: This has been Sean Mooney on WWF Superstars.

Segment Approval Rating: 84

Ric Flair interview

Lord Alfred Hayes is backstage with Ric Flair.

Hayes: I am with a gentlemen that lives the good life. That being one of the competitors in this years Royal Rumble Match. That chap is the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Mr. Flair, what is on your mind as we head into this year’s Royal Rumble.

Flair: Lord Alfred Hayes, The Royal Rumble is coming up soon. A Flair for Excellence with happen in that match. It really doesn’t matter what spot the Nature Boy comes in at because all the women know that the Nature Boy’s greatest attribute is his great stamina. That stamina will cause the wheeling, dealing, kiss stealing, jet flying, limosine riding, son of a gun to walk out of the Royal Rumble holding the mecca of all prizes, The World Wrestling Federation Champion. Close your eyes, Lord Alfred. Close your eyes and imagine this for a second. Ric Flair strutting through the rumble, throwing everyone out one by one. They all hit the floor and when the dust clears the greatest athlete will be standing tall in the ring holding the WWF World Heavyweight Championship Belt. Wooo!!! Space Mountain is open greater and better then ever. The Nature Boy will dance all day and party all night long. A Flair for the Gold, Lord Alfred. No one can stand up me. Hulk Hogan can say his prayers and take his vitamins and train all he wants, but he can’t hang with the champion. Randy Savage can snap into a slimjim and go Oh Yeah a few dozen times, but he can’t go toe to toe with the greatest of all time. Heck even my good pal the Undertaker can dig all the graves and put people in the crowd but his stamina is a bit dead, in more ways then one. They can’t beat Flair. Slick Ric will style and profile through the Royal Rumble walking out with the WWF World Champion. That pal, is a fact that you can take all the way to the bank and make a fortune on. Wooo!!!

Segment Approval Rating: 100

Greg “The Hammer” Valentine faces “Canada’s Greatest Athlete” Iron Mike Sharpe.

Sharpe cheapshots the Hammer at the bell and throws him into the ropes. Sharpe delivers a knee smah to the gut and a forearm over the back. The Hammer does his slow fall onto his face. Sharpe picks up Valentine and throws him into the ropes. Sharpe charges in but Valentine gets the foot up. Valentine drives an elbow to the top of the head of Canada’s Greatest Athlete. Valentine picks up Sharpe and throws him into the ropes but Sharpe reverses. Sharpe powerslams Hammer down and only gets two. Sharpe chinlocks Hammer. The arm drops two and a half times before Hammer fights up. Valentine drives some elbows into the chest of Sharpe. Valentine backs up and winds up with a huge elbowsmash knocking Sharpe down. Valentine goes for an elbowdrop but Sharpe rolls out of the way. Sharpe goes for a kneedrop but Valentine moves and Sharpe hits his knee. Valentine wrenches the leg and goes for the figure four leglock but Sharpe reverses into a small package for two before it gets reversed. The reversal of that gets three.

Winner: Greg Valentine(w/ a small package reversal)

Overall Rating: 56

Crowd Reaction: 43

The Mountie interview

Sean Mooney is backstage with the Mountie.

Sean Mooney: I am Sean Mooney and I am backstage with the number one contender for the WWF Interconinental Champion, the man known as the Mountie. Mountie, you have a tough battle on your hands when you face Bret Hart at the Royal Rumble.

Mountie: Tough, Mooney. Bret Hart is tough? Of course he is tough. He wouldn’t be the Interconinental Champion if he wasn’t. That doesn’t change the fact that I am going to kick his butt and win the WWF Interconinental Title. Some people have called me crazy but those people would be right. I am crazy enough to go hold for hold with the so called Excellence of Execution. He thinks that he can dismiss the Mountie as a threat. He calls me a cartoon character. Well this cartoon character is ending your little reign as WWF Interconinental Champion at the Royal Rumble. You might be up for a little shock, Hitman. It may even be a big shock. The next WWF Interconinental Champion will be The Mountie, Hitman. You can take that one as fact.

Mooney: This has been Sean Mooney backstage with the Mountie.

Segment Approval Rating: 72

El Matador faces Jake “The Snake” Roberts

This is your Superstar Feature Bout. Both men lock up and El Matador goes right to a headlock. Matador works the headlock before the Snake shoves him off. Tito dropkicks Roberts down on the rebound. Matador catches Jake with an armdrag as he comes up to his feet. Matador delivers another armdrag to Jake. A third armdrag and Jake takes it to the outside to stall Tito. Jake enters the ring and locks up with Tito. Tito hiptosses Jake to the canvas. Tito throws Jake into the ropes and Tito delivers a high back body drop. Tito shoulderblocks Jake to the mat. Tito grabs a headlock to the Snake and takes him down to the canvas. Jake quickly reverses it with a headscissors. Tito kicks out of that one and the Snake jabs away at El Matador. Snake grabs Matador and inverted atomic drop. Roberts knees Matador in the midsection and snap mares him down to the canvas.

Jake Roberts backs up and drives a knee down across the chest of El Matador. Jake chokes away at El Matador and takes it to a four count. Jake picks up El Matador and jabs him across the chest. Jake delivers a running kneelift sending El Matador flying backwards. Roberts climbs to the second rope. Roberts leaps off with a double axe handle to the top of the head of El Matador. Roberts chokes Tito with his knee and breaks at four and a half on that one. Jake Roberts grabs Tito by the hair and hard uppercut to the chin. Jake grabs the arm of Tito and pulls him into a short arm clothesline. Jake gives the signal. Jake picks up Tito and goes for the DDT but Tito shoves him off into the corner.

Tito punches away at Jake and throws him into the ropes. Tito takes down Jake with a clothesline. Tito backs up and dropkicks Jake down. Tito grabs Jake and throws him into the corner. Tito stands on the second buckle and ten count punches rained down across the top of the head of Jake. Jake stumbles out of the corner and does a slow fall facefirst. Tito bounces off the ropes and Tito hits Jake with the Flying Jalapeno. Tito covers The Snake but only gets a two and a half when Jake put his foot on the bottom rope. Tito grabs Jake by the hair and throws him into the corner with a force. Jake hits his shoulder on the corner and falls back, clutching his shoulder.

Jake is yelling that “his arm is numb”. Tito pauses from the beating and kneels down to the check on Jake. Jake appears unable to continue. Tito gets up but Jake is on his knees behind Tito. BAM LOW BLOW. Jake grabs the head of Tito and DRIVES HIS HEAD INTO THE MAT WITH THE DDT. Jake tells Tito “to never trust a snake”. Jake covers Tito hooking the leg. Jake Roberts has won this match.

Winner: Jake Roberts(w/The DDT)

Segment Approval Rating: 73

Crowd Reaction: 69

Match Quality: 78

Overall: 72

Superstars got a 3.76 TV Rating

I am begininning to like this, your storylines seem exactly like in 1992, which i do like that you at least start your first ppv mimicking the real thing.

I dont have any complaints per say, but I think you should at least update and give a card for the Royal Rumble, I almost have to read word for word to see who is fighting whom.

Anyway. keep this up, i am definitely enjoying it. And wasn't jannetty still "in surgery" in january od 1992?

edit: also I agree with the sentiments of the too many jobber squashes, what I would do is maybe 3 or so jobber squashes, 2 good main event matches, and soem hype for your PPV/big event

Edited by Drake Chapman

WWF Wrestling Challenge for 1/12/92

Your hosts are Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan.

The Beverly Brothers(w/The Genius) do battle with the New Foundation to kick things off on Challenge

Owen starts out with Blake Beverly. They lock up and Owen armdrags Blake to the mat. Owen delivers a dropkick and Owen whips Blake into the ropes. Owen Hart just knocks Blake Beverly down with a spin kick. Owen grabs Blake by the back of the hair and rams him into the corner. Owen throws Blake into the ropes and Owen blasts Blake across the chest with an European Uppercut. Owen drops an elbow down across the chest of Blake. Owen goes up top. Owen is up on the ropes but Blake punches Owen in the midsection and slams him off the top rope. Blake delivers a knee to the midsection and snap mares Owen down. Tag to Beau Beverly. The Beverly Brothers grab Owen and double neckbreaker sending the Rocket crashing down to the canvas. Beau covers Owen hooking the leg for two. Beau backs up and rams a double axe handle smash down across the sternum of Owen Hart.

Beau picks up Owen and rams him into the corner. Beau distracts the referee while Blake chokes Owen with the tag rope. Blake plays innocent as Beau kicks Owen in the midsection and hooks him. Beau lifts up Owen before driving him down across the knee with a stomachbuster. Beau goes to the outside. Beau is going up top. Beau leaps off but Owen dropkicks Beau to stop his momentum. Owen is crawling towards the corner. Owen must make the tag to the Anvil. Beau has Blake tagged in and Blake enters the ring. OWEN TAGS THE ANVIL.

Neidhart rushes into the ring and clotheslines Blake down. Neidhart knocks Beau off the ring apron and explodes onto Blake with a shoulder tackle. Neidhart picks up Blake and presses him over his head. Neidhart throws Blake down onto Beau as he enters the ring. Neidhart grabs Blake by the throat and tosses him into the corner like a ragdoll. Neidhart delivers an explosive clothesline to Beau knocking him down. Owen enters the ring and dropkicks Beau to the outside. The New Foundation are setting up Blake. THEY DELIVER THE ROCKET LAUNCHER TO BLAKE. This should do it and Neidhart has Blake pinned but the referee is getting Owen out of the ring. The Genius just passed Beau his scroll. Beau climbs up top and BASHES THE SCROLL OVER THE BACK OF THE HEAD OF NEIDHART. The pin is reversed and the referee spins around and the Beverly Brothers steal this one.

Winners: The Beverly Brothers(w/ a scroll shot to the back of the head)

Segment Approval: 69

Crowd Reaction: 59

Match Quality: 79

Hulk Hogan interview

Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Hulk Hogan.

Gene: Ladies and Gentlemen I am backstage with the former four time World Wrestling Federation Champion Hulk Hogan. Hulkster, you could be seven days away from having title reign number five by winning the Royal Rumble Match.

Hogan: Well let me tell ya something Mean Gene. The Royal Rumble is coming up soon and the match is tailor made for the Hulkster. The Hulkster is ready and pumped to take this match and capture the WWF World Title for the fifth time, brotha. It doesn’t matter who decides to take the Hulkster down, they will all fall at the feet. They don’t train, say their prayers, and take their vitamins so they cannot hope to achieve the power of Hulkamania. All my little hulkamaniacs will be rooting for their hero in the Royal Rumble match, brotha. So whatcha gonna do in the Royal Rumble when Hulkamania runs wild on you, dude.

Hogan poses as the segment fades out.

Segment Approval Rating: 92

Ted DiBiase does battle with the Lightning Kid

Ted DiBiase and the Lightning Kid lock up and the Million Dollar Man shoves him to the mat. DiBiase laughs at the Kid and the Kid charges Ted but Dibiase ducks and knees the Kid in the midsection. DiBiase blasts the Kid with punches and throws him into the ropes. DiBiase knocks down the Kid with a stiff haymaker. DiBiase falls onto the Kid with a fistdrop and gets a two count. DiBiase picks up the Kid up and throws him hard into the corner. DiBiase smashes his knee into the ribs of the Kid and hooks him. Dibiase throws the Kid out of the corner with a snap mare. DiBiase delivers a knee to the midsection and throws the Lightning Kid into the ropes. DiBiase clotheslines the Kid down. DiBiase chokes the Lightning Kid and breaks at four. DiBiase picks up the Kid and pulls him into a knee to the midsection. DiBiase goes behind the Kid and Russian Legsweep sending him down. DiBiase measures the Kid and drops an elbowdrop for a two count.

DiBiase picks up the Kid and throws him into the corner. The Kid hits his back on the corner hard and falls forward onto his face. DiBiase drops a knee down across the back of the head of the Lightning Kid. DiBiase picks up the Kid and hooks him. DiBiase tooks the Kid down with a vertical suplex. DiBiase laughs out loud. DiBiase makes the cover hooking the leg but only gets two and a half. DiBiase picks up The Lightning Kid and hooks him in a side waistlock and hoists him up, driving him down with a backbreaker. DiBiase climbs to the second rope. DiBiase leaps off but the Kid moves and the fistdrop hits the canvas.

The Kid gets to his feet and blocks a shot from DiBiase and batters him with forearms. The Kid throws DiBiase into the ropes and the Kid delivers a leaping spin kick sending DiBiase down to the mat. The Kid climbs up to the top rope. The Kid is up and the Kid leaps off delivering a leaping flying back bodypress knocking the Million Dollar Man. This only gets two and a half. The Kid backs up as DiBiase gets to his knees and dropkicks him in the face. The Kid waits on DiBiase to get up and the Kid blasts DiBiase with a spin kick across the back of the head. The Kid rolls over DiBiase for a two count. The Lightning Kid climbs to the top rope facing the crowd. The Lightning Kid leaps off with a Moonsault but DIBIASE ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY. The Kid crashes onto the canvas. The Kid is stunned. DiBiase waits on the Lightning Kid and MILLION DOLLAR DREAM. DiBiase has the Kid down and the Kid is fading fast from this hold. The referee checks the arm and it falls. The referee checks the arm again and it falls again. The referee checks the arm a third time and the arm falls again. Ted DiBiase has won this match.

After the match, The Million Dollar Man took a $100 bill from his boot and stuffed it in the mouth of the Lightning Kid.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(after the Kid passed out from the Million Dollar Dream)

Crowd Reaction: 53

Match Quality: 91

The Funeral Parlor with The Legion of Doom

Paul Bearer is standing on the set of the Funeral Parlor.

Bearer: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to another addition of the Funeral Parlord. Oh yessss, we have some big guests today. The World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions The Legion of Doom will step in the Funeral Parlor tonight.

The Legion of Doom come out in street clothes with their facepaint on.

Bearer: These fine gentlemen will face their toughest challenge at the Royal Rumble being The Natural Disasters. These two are very big and very bad. Hawk, Animal, how do you hope to overcome these two.

Hawk: Welllll Paul Bearer, the Natural Disasters think they are big and bad but the Legion of Doom have taken down a lot of really tough dudes and the Natural Disasters should be no different. It will be a battle but we will break them and make them feel the burn of the Legion of Doom. They will feel the rush.

Animal: You said it Hawk. The Legion of Doom will remain the WWF Tag Team Champions throughout time. The Natural Disasters are something that are standing in our way and they will be like oversized cows being led straight the slaughterhouse.

Bearer: Thank you gentleman for your opinion and it looks like you may get a preview because I have two more special guests.

THE NATURAL DISASTERS ARE ON THE SET OF THE FUNERAL PARLOR. They are trading punches with the LOD as Paul Bearer backs off. Earthquake runs into Animal, knocking the wind out of him. Hawk gets slammed by Typhoon. Typhoon backs up and splashes Hawk. Typhoon backs up again and delivers another Splash to Hawk. Earthquake delivers the Aftershock to Hawk. Animal has a chair and he chases the Natural Disasters away but the damage may be done to Hawk. This could greatly improve the chances for tag title victory at the Royal Rumble.

The Repo Man goes one on one with Jim Powers

The Repo Man sneaks into the ring and jumps Jim Powers from behind. The Repo Man chokes Jim Powers and scratches at his face. The Repo Man punches away on him and picks him up. The Repo Man throws Powers into the corner and clotheslines him down. The Repo Man drops a knee to the throat of Jim Powers before choking him with the knee. Repo Man breaks at three. Repo Man picks up Powers and knees him hard in the face. The Repo Man runs around the ring and the Repo Man exits the ring and brings the hubcap into the ring but the referee takes it away from him. The Repo Man takes a second hubcap from underneath his shirt and smacks Powers with it. The Repo Man scores the pin on Powers to steal the pin. The Repo Man repossesses Powers’s wristband after the match.

Winner: The Repo Man(w/a hub cap shot)

”Insane” Sid Justice Interview

Sid Justice: The time is ticking away. OH YES THE SANDS OF TIME ARE DISSAPEARING AND JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMING FOR 29 OTHER MEN. It didn’t have be that way but THEY NEED A TASTE OF JUSTICE. The WWF World Title WILL BE MINE. I RULE EVERYONE. I AM THE MASTER OF EVERYONE. That rings true, don’t you forget it. WON’T YOU. The Rumble That is Royal will be the battle ground for the greatest execution of them all. SID JUSTICE WILL WALK OUT THE WWF WORLD CHAMPION. I am your judge, jury, and EXECUTIONER. You will bow down to your master. The master, the man, the EXECUTOR OF JUSTICE. Sid, Sid, Sid, SID. That is what all my followers will be chanting at the end of time. I will rule you. I SAID I WILL RULE YOU. The master, the man, Sid Justice, your next WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION champion.

In your main event, Virgil does battle with “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair(w/ his executive consultant Mr. Perfect)

Flair and Virgil lock up and Flair headlocks Virgil taking him down to the canvas but Virgil counters with a headscissors. Flair kicks out. Virgil shoulderblocks Flair down to the canvas. Virgil grabs Flair and throws him into the ropes. Virgil delivers another shoulderblock knocking Flair down. Virgil bounces off the ropes and kneelift taking Flair down. Flair goes to the outside to stall the momentum of Virgil. Virgil goes to the outside and throws Flair into the ring. Flair begs off in the ring and Virgil grabs Flair but THUMB TO THE EYE. Flair delivers a stiff chop to the chest of Virgil. Flair fires a punch to the jaw of Virgil, rocking him back. Flair chops Virgil again and Flair snap mares Virgil. Flair backs off and kneedrops Virgil across the top of the head.

Flair grabs Virgil in a headlock and pounds across the face with punches. Flair chops Virgil again and Flair throws Virgil into the corner sternum first. Flair catches Virgil with a stiff knee clip as Virgil goes out of the corner. Flair stomps the leg of Virgil and grabs it. Flair drops an elbow down across the leg of Virgil and drags Virgil over to the ropes. Flair sits down across the leg of Virgil multiple times. Flair grabs Virgil by the good leg and takes the bad leg out from underneath him. Flair spins around and wrenches the leg. Flair yells: “wooo!!!” Flair is going to go for the Figure Four Leglock but Virgil is too close to the ropes. Flair pulls out the leg and wrenches it some. Flair pulls Virgil into the center and goes for the Figure Four but Virgil counters with a small package for two. Flair clips Virgil across the knee as both men get up.

Flair stomps the leg of Virgil and Flair pulls Virgil up. Flair hammers Virgil across the back and Flair hooks Virgil. Flair delivers a vertical suplex to Virgil. Flair grabs the leg of Virgil and rams his knee into the back of it. Flair wrenches the knee of Virgil out. Flair pulls the leg out. Flair backs up and leaping kneedrop to the leg of Virgil. Flair picks up Virgil and legsweeps the leg. Flair goes for the Figure-Four Leglock and yes he delivered it. Flair is pulling back on the leg. Flair is working on the leg and Virgil’s shoulders are on the mat. Virgil is close to the ropes but Mr. Perfect is giving Flair leverage behind the back of the referee. Virgil’s shoulders are back down and the referee counts two. Virgil yanks Flair away from the ropes and Virgil is struggling. Virgil is struggling and Virgil turns it over. The pressure is reversed and Flair is yelling out in pain.

Flair gets to his feet and goes for a punch but Virgil blocks it and Virgil pounds away on Flair. Virgil does a shuffle and knocks Flair down with a huge roundhouse right. Virgil picks up Flair and throws him into the ropes. HIGH BACK BODY DROP ON FLAIR. Virgil clotheslines Flair down to the mat. Flair flops around on the canvas like a dead fish and Virgil picks up Flair and throws him into the corner. Flair flips over the top buckle and onto the apron. Flair attempts to climb up the top rope on the other end. You think Flair would learn by now. Virgil grabs Flair and SLAMS HIM OFF THE TOP ROPE. Flair hits the canvas hard. Flair gets to his feet before flopping over onto his face. Virgil rolls over Flair but only gets two. Virgil backs up and Virgil goes for a dropkick but Flair backs off. Virgil hits his leg on the canvas. Flair grabs the leg of Virgil and Figure-Four Leglock. Flair is wrenching the hold and Virgil is in dead center and Virgil submits. Flair wins this match.

Winner: Ric Flair(w/The Figure-Four Leglock)

Segment Approval Rating: 79

Crowd Reaction: 82

Royal Rumble Event Center with Mean Gene Okerlund

Okerlund: This is Mean Gene Okerlund with your Royal Rumble event center. The Royal Rumble is exactly one week away and here is some of the matches to expect.

A graphic for the New Foundation vs The Orient Express flashes across the screen.

Okerlund: A battle between the two top high flying teams in the WWF as Kato and Tanaka of the Orient Express due battle with the Rocket and the Anvil of the New Foundation.

Graphic for the Bushwhackers vs Beverly Brothers match.

Okerlund: On another note, two of the oddest tag teams in the World Wrestling Federation today will meet when Luke and Butch, The Bushwhackers will face Blake and Beau, The Beverly Brothers, with their manager, The Genius.

Graphic for the World Tag Team Title Match is shown.

Okerlund: The two most powerful tag teams in the WWF will also do battle as The WWF World Tag Team Champions The Legion of Doom, Hawk and Animal, do battle with Jimmy Hart’s monsters, Earthquake and Typhoon, The Natural Disasters.

Graphic for the Interconinental Title Match is shown

Okerlund: The World Wrestling Federation Interconinental Title will be on the line when the eccentric Mountie does battle with the reigning Champion, Bret “The Hitman” Hart.

Graphic for the Royal Rumble for the vacant WWF World Title is shown.

Okerlund: It all boils down to this. The big one. The Royal Rumble Match. We know 29 of the 30 men in the Royal Rumble Match. The 30th man will be a special surprise. “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan, “The Macho Man” Randy Savage, “The Man From the Darkside” The Undertaker, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair, “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, “The British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith, “Insane” Sid Justice, “The Texas Tornado” Kerry Von Erich, “El Matador” Tito Santana, The Warlord, Irwin R. Schyster, Marty Jannetty, Virgil, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase, “The Voodoomaster” Papa Shango, “The Model” Rick Martel, Sgt. Slaughter, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, Skinner, “The Mighty” Hercules, “The Phenom” Superfly Jimmy Snuka, Jerry Saggs, Brian Knobs, The Barbarian, The Repo Man, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, and the Berzerker. It all boils down to one thing, the World Wrestling Federation Title. This has been Mean Gene Okerlund with the Royal Rumble Event Center.

Segment Approval Rating: 100

Overall Rating: 77

Wrestling Challenge got a 3.91 TV Rating

WWF Prime Time Wrestling 1/13/92

Bobby “The Brain” Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon are your studio hosts while Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect are your ringside commentators.

Monsoon: Welcome to another edition of Prime Time Wrestling. I am Gorilla Monsoon…

Heenan:And in case you humanoids have been living under a rock or you are a redneck who has finally figured out how to turn on the TV, I am Bobby “The Brain” Heenan.

Monsoon: Brain, we have a great show for our fans tonight. Hulk Hogan will make a rare Prime Time Wrestling apprence tonight.

Heenan: That egomaniac Hogan has finally graced us with his presense tonight. I was hoping that he would stay away. Ric Flair is itching to get his hands on that fraud at the Royal Rumble. I will proudly stand by the Real World’s Champion and I have told him all of Hogan’s secrets that I found out from a couple of business contacts of mine.

Monsoon: Who would these contracts be, Brain?

Heenan: That will be for me to know and you to find out. Let’s take it down to ringside to my longtime friend Mr. Perfect and McMahon, try not to talk too much because your voice makes small children cry.

The Natural Disasters(w/Jimmy Hart) face Reno Riggens and The Italian Stallion

Stallion attempts to shoulderblock Earthquake at the bell but he bounces off. Earthquake pounds away at the Stallion and throws him into the ropes. Earthquake takes the Italian Stallion up and down with a powerslam. Earthquake drops an elbow on the chest of the Stallion and covers him hooking the leg, only getting two. Earthquake picks up the Stallion as Jimmy Hart yells in the microphone: “you are looking at your next World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, baby.” Earthquake smothers Stallion into the corner and squashes him before tagging in Typhoon. The Natural Disasters drop Stallion down with a double clothesline. Typhoon measures Stallion before dropping his beefy elbow down across the chest. Stallion spams underneath the weight of Typhoon. Typhoon picks up Stallion and bodyslams him down. Typhoon bounces off the ropes and crushes Stallion underneath his massive frame with the Big Splash .Earthquake enters the ring and knocks Riggens off the apron as Typhoon makes the cover to get three.

Perfect: The Natural Disasters are looking in top shape, McMahon. They will capture the Tag Team Belts at the Royal Rumble, mark my words.

McMahon: WAIT A MINUTE, HERE COME THE LEGION OF DOOM.

Hawk and Animal rush into the ring in street clothes without their facepaint(???) and attack the Natural Disasters. The two top teams in the WWF are brawling around the ring until officials come out to separate. These two teams will settle the score at the Royal Rumble.

Winners: The Natural Disasters(w/The Big Splash to The Stallion)

Segment Approval Rating: 48

Crowd Reaction: 41

The Undertaker interview

Paul Bearer is standing by with the Undertaker.

Bearer: Oh yesss, the time for the reign of darkness is coming. 29 other men will fall to the darkside this Sunday at the Royal Rumble. My Undertaker is hungry for the belt. He held the glory, the championship, for six whole days and it was stolen from him because no one can hope to take down my Undertaker in a fair match. It doesn’t matter who, everyone in the rumble will fall in numbers and mercy will not be given out.

Undertaker: Everyone in the Rumble will…rest in peace.

Overall: 81

Duane Gill vs Papa Shango

Shango shoots sparks from his voodoo stick to start out the match. Duane Gill charges Shango but ducks and Shango pounds away at Duane Gill. Shango throws Duane Gill into the ropes and kneesmash into the corner. Shango grabs Duane Gill by the throat and lifts him up before throwing him down. Shango drops an elbow on Duane Gill. Shango picks up Duane Gill and throws him into the corner. Shango kicks Duane Gill in the midsection and hoists him up. Shango drives Duane Gill down with the Shango Shoulderbreaker. Shango covers Duane Gill and scores the pin.

Winner: Papa Shango(w/The Shango Shoulderbreaker)

Segment Approval Rating: 40

Crowd Reaction: 39

Match Quality: 51

We cut back to the studio as Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan talk.

Gorilla: Impressive win by the newcomer, Papa Shango.

Heenan: For once, Monsoon, I agree with you. He could become a champion in the next couple of years. If he takes the advice of someone such as myself, he would be unstoppable. A 70 percent cut of his earnings would be a good enough bargain for the advice of the Brain.

Gorilla: Will you stop?

Heenan: Just telling the truth, Monsoon. My advice is pretty valuable.

Monsoon: Moving on from this, coming up next we have Bret Hart facing Irwin R. Schyster. This is not for the Interconinental Title.

Heenan: Which is a pity. IRS would make a fine Interconinental Champion and he would be able to get more airtime to talk about these humanoids being the tax cheats they are. Director, take it to the ringside area where Bret Hart is going to learn to pay his taxes and pay them well when IRS beats him in this non-title match.

Irwin R. Schyster will grapple with the Interconinental Champion Bret Hart in a non-title match

Bret locks up with IRS to start out and takes him down to the canvas with a headlock. Bret works on the headlock but IRS powers out and shoves Bret into the corner. IRS shoulderblocks the Hitman down to the canvas. IRS picks up Bret and throws him into the corner. IRS charges into the corner but Bret smashes the boot up in the face of the Taxman. Bret delivers a dropkick to IRS. Bret waits on IRS and hooks him from behind. The Hitman drives IRS down across the tailbone with an atomic drop. Bret grabs IRS with a reverse single leg pickup and turns him over. Bret goes for the Sharpshooter but IRS struggles and makes it to the ropes before Bret can turn him. Bret picks IRS up and throws him into the ropes. Bret ducks the head and pays for it with an IRS forearm across the back of the head. IRS grabs Bret and abdominal stretch on the Hitman. IRS works on Bret.

Irwin rushes the ropes behind the back of the referee but the referee does not see it, as he checks with Bret. The referee turns and IRS lets go of the ropes. The referee goes to check with the Hitman again and the Evil Taxman uses the ropes once again behind the back of the referee. The referee turns and IRS breaks the ropes and breaks the hold. IRS fires a couple of hard boots into the chest of the Hitman and throws him into the corner. Bret hits the corner sternum first and falls out of the corner. IRS drops an elbow before going for the cover. The Excellence of Execution kicks out at two. IRS picks Bret up and throws him into the corner. IRS ducks the head and Bret pulls a sunset flip out. One, Two, Kickout. IRS blasts Bret down with a clothesline. IRS goes up to the top rope. IRS is going to take it to the Hitman from the top but Bret is up and he slams IRS off the top and onto the canvas.

Bret charges at IRS and sends him flying backwards to the mat with a dropkick. Bret kicks Irwin in the midsection and hooks him in a headlock. Bret drives IRS down hard with a running bulldog. The Hitman picks up IRS and knee to the midsection. Bret hooks IRS and lifts him up. Bret delivers a vertical suplex. Bret makes the cover hooking the leg but only gets two. Bret grabs Irwin from behind and Side Russian Legsweep taking him down. Bret leaps to the second rope but misses an elbow off the second rope. Bret is stunned on the canvas. Irwin gets up and runs at Bret, going for the Write-Off but Bret ducks it. Bret takes the legs out from underneath IRS and goes for the Sharpshooter but IRS reverses into a small package. IRS gets two before Bret reverses that into a small package of his own. Bret gets the three off of that.

Winner: Bret Hart(w/a small package reversal)

Segment Approval: 66

Crowd Reaction: 72

Match Quality: 76

Vince McMahon: Impressive win by the Hitman. He is looking great as Interconinental Champion.

Mr. Perfect: Yeah, McMahon. He is lucky that I am retired, otherwise I would beat him for the Interconinental Title to avenge that fluke of a victory he had last year at Summerslam. The Hitman may be good but he is not….Perfect.

McMahon: Bret is looking ahead to this Sunday when he does battle with the Mountie for the WWF Interconinental Championship. That should be a great battle, one for the record books.

Perfect: The Mountie will teach the Hitman a lesson, McMahon and walk out with the Interconinental Championship.

Royal Rumble is this Sunday Night

A video package for the Royal Rumble which includes

***Ric Flair coming to the WWF and declaring himself the Real World’s Champion***

***The Undertaker pinning Hulk Hogan to win the WWF World Title at the Survivor Series in controversal fashion***

***Hulk Hogan regaining said WWF World Title from the Man from the Darkside in controversal fashion***

***Jack Tunney vacating the WWF World Title and putting it up in the Royal Rumble Match***

***Various superstars such as Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Sid Justice, Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper, The Undertaker, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, and Ted DiBiase talking about winning the WWF World Title***

Royal Rumble Card.

Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, The Undertaker, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, IRS, Ted DiBiase, The British Bulldog, Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter, Rick Martel, The Texas Tornado, Marty Jannetty, Colonel Mustafa, Skinner, Virgil, The Repo Man, The Berzerker, Papa Shango, Brian Knobbs, Jerry Saggs, The Barbarian, Hercules, The Warlord, Jimmy Snuka, Sid Justice, Haku, Greg Valentine, and an empty slot that will be filled by a special mystery guest.

The Rumble is this Sunday. ORDER NOW.

Segment Approval Rating: 88

Gorilla Monsoon: A lot of top stars in that Rumble. A superstar who wouldn’t normally get a WWF World Title Shot could bust out at the Rumble and make themselves a big name for years to come.

Heenan: Yes they could, Monsoon, except for one little thing. Ric Flair is in the match and unless Ric Flair goes down to a crippling injury before the Rumble, no one has a hope in winning but Flair. You got to be fair to Flair, Monsoon.

Kato(w/Tanaka and Mr. Fuji) faces The Rocket(w/The Anvil)

Owen is now just known as the Rocket and Jim Neidhart is now just known as the Anvil. Charming, I know. This is a preview for the New Foundation-The Oriental Express match at the Rumble. The Rocket dropkicks Kato at the bell. The Rocket throws Kato into the ropes and nice spinning wheel kick knocking Kato to the mat. The Rocket throws Kato to the mat with an armdrag. Kato goes to the outside to stall the momentum of the Rocket. Kato enters the ring and goes to the eyes. Kato pounds away at the Rocket with chops and blasts him with a savate kick. Kato gets two off of this. Kato picks up the Rocket and a series of karate like thrusts to the chest. Kato takes The Rocket off of his feet with a spinning roundhouse kick to the side of the head. Kato makes the cover but only gets two. Kato drops a chop to the throat of the Rocket and The Rocket twitches in pain.

Kato picks the Rocket up and whips him into the corner but the Rocket leaps to the second rope and leaps onto Kato with a twisting cross body press. The Rocket gets two. The Rocket backs up and the Rocket leaps at Kato, knocking him down with a dropkick. The Rocket delivers a leaping elbowdrop to Kato and gets two. Tanaka is on the ring apron and the Anvil pulls him off. The Rocket gutwrenches Kato and takes him over with a gutwrench suplex but only gets two. The Anvil and Tanaka are duking it out on the floor. The Rocket goes up top but Mr. Fuji grabs the Rocket by the foot. Fuji drops the cane in the ring but the Rocket is too busy fighting Fuji off to notice. The Rocket dives off, RIGHT INTO A CANE SHOT FROM KATO. The referee doesn’t see it as he is distracted by Tanaka and Anvil beating each other. Kato covers the Rocket and Kato scores the pin after the referee got pinned.

Winner: Kato(after using Mr Fuji’s cane)

Segment Approval Rating: 59

Crowd Reaction: 55

Match Quality: 78

McMahon: Tainted win by Kato. The Orient Express are leaving with the win tonight over the Rocket but they used Mr. Fuji’s cane. This isn’t right.

Perfect: What cane, McMahon? I saw Kato win with a perfectly executed martial arts move. I think you need, glasses, you are seeing things that are not there. On the other hand, I have perfect eye sight and I didn’t see a cane. Kato won the match fair and square. The Rocket was out of his league tonight.

Interview with Jake Roberts

Sean Mooney is standing by with Jake Roberts

Mooney: I am here with…

Roberts: Silence, Sean Mooney. The Rumble is coming near. Only six days away. Yes it is indeed coming and everyone is attempting to stake their claim. The WWF World Title, that’s what everyone wants. That’s what the Snake shall have. No one can match my evil. I am the only one evil enough to throw 29 other men over the top rope and win the Royal Rumble for WWF World Championship. Six years I have been in the WWF and I have not once got a title shot. That all changes this Sunday when I win the belt on my first chance. Sean Mooney, can you feel the evil? Can you feel the snake climbing up your leg? Hogan and Savage, that is like the blind leading the blind. You saw what I did to them last time and next time they cross my path, they will be put down harder. As for my good friends, Ric Flair and the Undertaker. Gentlemen, you may be allies but I shall not hesistate to put you over the top rope if I get the chance. Never cross the path of the Snake.

Segment Approval Rating: 89

The Berzerker(w/Mr. Fuji) husses out to do battle with Jim Duggan

The Berzerker husses while Jim Duggan yells: “hooooooo!!!” Duggan and Berzerker lock up and they break. Duggan explodes onto the Berzerker with punch after punch after punch. Duggan throws the Berzerker into the ropes and goes for a punch but the Berzerker ducks. Duggan catches the Berzerker with an elbow on the rebound and Duggan backs up. Duggan knocks the Berzerker for a loop with a clothesline. Duggan grabs the Berzerker and ten buckle smashes. Duggan throws Berzerker into the ropes but Berzerker reverses and Fuji hooks the ankle. The Berzerker attacks Duggan from behind. The Berzerker lifts up Duggan and throws him down to the canvas with a bodyslam.

The Berzerker chinlocks Duggan as Duggan makes his usual facial expressions before fighting up out of the hold but Berzerker clubs him in the back of the head and the Berzerker hooks Duggan and atomic throws him to the canvas. The Berzerker fires the furry boot of doom across the head of Duggan and gets two off of it. The Berzerker picks up Duggan and throws him into the ropes but Duggan reverses and knocks the Berzerker down with a punch. Duggan fires some more punches to the Berzerker and clotheslines him out of the ring. Duggan follows the Berzerker out to the floor and pounds away at him. Mr. Fuji is sneaking behind Duggan. Duggan throws The Berzerker into the ring and GETS A FACE FULL OF SALT FROM FUJI. Duggan stumbles around, blinded by the salt. Duggan gets counted out.

Winner: The Berzerker(by countout)

Segment Approval Rating: 54

Crowd Reaction: 61

Match Quality: 61

The Berzerker yells: “Huss, Huss” as Duggan stumbles around the outside of the ring clueless.

Perfect: Duggan seems dazed and confused, even more so then usual.

McMahon: Fuji threw some kind of salt into Duggan’s eyes, blinding him. That is the second time that Fuji has helped one of his men win tonight on Prime Time Wrestling. Fuji should have his manager’s license revoked.

Perfect: Well, do something about it, McMahon. Complain to Jack Tunney or something. Duggan was stupid enough to stay on the outside of the ring. It is a surprise that he can walk upright half of the time.

McMahon: I don’t know what to say about this. Mr. Fuji will get his someday. We are going to prepare to see Hulk Hogan wrestle in the main event but first Lord Alfred Hayes is standing by with Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Rowdy Roddy Piper interview

Lord Alfred Hayes:Ladies and Gentlemen I am backstage with one of the favorites to win this Sunday’s Royal Rumble Match. One of the top competitors here in the World Wrestling Federation, Mr. Roddy Piper. Mr. Piper, what do you fancy your chances are to win the Royal Rumble.

Piper: The Rumble is coming. The Hot Rod is ready. Ready to lay a whipping on anyone who dares to get in his way. It doesn’t really matter who it is, The Hot Rod is ready to dance with the best that the WWF has to offer. Let’s dance everyone. Flair, The Snake, The Undertaker, Hulk Hogan, The Macho Man, The Million Dollar Man, and even the Repo Man, I am ready to take them out one by one by one. Yeah, the Hot Rod will finally capture gold. I will come to the Rumble to kick behind and chew bubble gum and I believe by the rumble, I will be all out of bubble gum, so let the behind kicking begin. Rowdy Roddy Piper will be your next WWF World Champion and that pals is your reality check.

Segment Approval Rating: 82

Heenan: That Piper is about a few nuts and bolts short of a full car, Monsoon.

Monsoon: You may be right, Heenan but his attitude may be the thing that he could do to catapault himself to the victory this Sunday at the Royal Rumble.

Heenan: Piper’s elevator may not go all the way to the top but there is no way that it would stop Ric Flair from winning. You still got to be fair to Flair,Monsoon.

Monsoon: You really think Flair is going to win, huh Brain.

Heenan: Yes Monsoon. I am so confindent that Flair is going to win that if he does not win, I will let the Bushwhackers lick my face next week on Prime Time Wrestling. That is how confident I am of Ric Flair’s abilities.

Monsoon: Well Brain, I might have to hold you to that.

Heenan: It’s settled then, Monsoon. Don’t we have a main event coming up soon.

Monsoon: Indeed, Brain. The Immortal Hulk Hogan will make a rare Prime Time Wrestling appearance in just a few moments.

Heenan: Of course, how good of Hogan to grace us with his presense. I hoped that this day would never come. I don’t care who is battling Hogan, I am cheering them on to victory and hopefully Hogan suffers a little accident tonight to keeps him from wrestling in the Rumble.

Monsoon: You are something else Brain.

Heenan: Let’s get this over with. Cut to ringside where that egomaniac is prepare to hog more air time that could be better used for Ric Flair.

The Repo Man faces Hulk Hogan

Repo Man crouches behind the ring while Hogan does the usual to hype up the crowd. Repo attacks Hogan but Hogan makes a comeback and sends Repo Man packing with an atomic drop and a forearm smash. Hogan gives chase to the Repo Man and whips him into the guardrail. Hulk throws the Repo Man back into the ring and shoulderblocks him down. Hogan scrapes his boot across the face of the Repo Man and drops an elbow, getting two. Hogan picks up the Repo Man and rams him into the corner. Hogan throws the Repo Man in and huge powerslam. Hulk Hogan backs up and delivers an elbowdrop, getting two. Hogan picks up Repo but Repo goes right to the eyes. Repo cackles and leaps to the second rope. Repo comes down on the head of Hogan with a double axe handle smash. Repo Man covers Hogan but only gets two.

Repo Man stomps away at Hogan and throttles him with a chokehold. Repo picks up Hogan and shoves him into the corner. Repo chokes Hogan with the tag rope in the corner and breaks at four and a half. Repo snap mares Hogan and more choking. Repo Man drops a knee across the chest of Hogan and gets another two count. Repo Man is on the ring apron and grabs his hub cap but the referee yanks it from his grip. Repo Man goes underneath his shirt and grabs a second hub cap strapped to his chest. REPO MAN SMASHES THE HUB CAP OVER THE HEAD OF HOGAN. Hogan falls to the canvas and Repo Man hides the hub cap behind the bottom buckle. Repo Man covers Hogan. One, Two, HOGAN KICKS OUT WITH AUTHORITY AT TWO.

Hulk Hogan is doing the hulking up as the Repo Man pounds away at Hogan with punches. Repo Man takes his mask off and puts it over the face of Hogan backwards so he can’t see. HOGAN RIPS THE MASK OFF and Repo goes for one more punch but Hogan blocks it and fires away three right hands to the de-masked Repo Man. Hogan throws the Repo Man into the ropes and big boot. Hogan bounces off the ropes and drops the leg. Hogan covers the Repo Man and scores the pin. Hulk Hogan has just defeated the Repo Man and goes into the Royal Rumble on a roll.

Segment Approval Rating: 64

Crowd Reaction: 76

Match Quality: 64

Hogan poses as the crowd cheers.

McMahon: Hogan has won, where the heck are you going Mr. Perfect.

Perfect: I have an urgent matter to take care of.

Perfect leaves the announcer’s table and gets on the ring apron to start yelling at Hogan. Hogan goes after Perfect but a familiar bong goes off.

Trouble for Hogan

The Undertaker makes his way down to the ring. Hogan has his eye on the Undertaker but RIC FLAIR COMES FROM NOWHERE AND CLIPS THE KNEE OUT FROM UNDERNEATH HOGAN. Flair stomps away on the knee of Hogan. The Undertaker enters the ring and waits for Hogan. The Undertaker grabs Hogan by the throat and chokes him down to the mat. Jake Roberts slithers into the ring from the side. Perfect enters the ring and Perfect gets a few shots in on Hogan. Undertaker throws Hogan straight into the DDT from the Snake. Flair grabs Hogan and puts him in the Figure-Four Leglock despite Hogan being knocked out by the DDT.

The crowd is excited about something. IT’S THE MACHO MAN. Savage runs out to the ring like a bat out of hell, with a chair. Savage makes a bee-line towards the Snake and knocks him out of the ring with a chairshot. Savage smashes the chair over the head of the Undertaker. Savage pulls Flair off by the hair and throws him to the outside of the ring. Savage knocks Perfect to the floor. Hogan starts to get up and Hogan and Savage are alone to the ring. A lot of past tension between these two men due to past history. Savage fakes a punch on Hogan, causing the Hulkster to back off. Savage and Hogan have an intense staredown as Prime Time Wrestling goes off the air.

Segment Approval Rating: 90

Overall Rating: 70

Prime Time Wrestling got a 5.67 Rating

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Royal Rumble Card(barring any injuries or drug busts that could happen in the next week of simulation. Predictions are most certainly welcomed)

Randy Savage, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, The Undertaker, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, IRS, Ted DiBiase, The British Bulldog, Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter, Rick Martel, The Texas Tornado, Marty Jannetty, Colonel Mustafa, Skinner, Virgil, The Repo Man, The Berzerker, Papa Shango, Brian Knobbs, Jerry Saggs, The Barbarian, Hercules, The Warlord, Jimmy Snuka, Sid Justice, Haku, Greg Valentine, and an empty slot that will be filled by a special mystery guest.

• 2 weeks later...

Dark Match: The Brooklyn Brawler defeated Rob Zakoski after using the tights.

WWF Royal Rumble 1992

Bobby Heean and Gorilla Monsoon are your hosts.

Monsoon: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the 1992 WWF Royal Rumble. Tonight all the superstars will enter the 30 man over the top rope battle royal with a common goal in mind. That is to walk out of Albany, New York with the WWF World Title.

Heenan: And of course, I am the Brain. I bet all your ham-en-eggars wish you can be me but you can’t. There is only one Brain and you are looking at him.

Monsoon: You are so full of yourself, Brain. Anyway, let’s get down to the ring for some tag team action right at the Rumble.

The Orient Express(w/Mr. Fuji) vs the New Foundation

The Rocket starts this match off with Kato. They lock up and Kato goes right to a side headlock working over the head of the Rocket but the Rocket shoves him off and shoulderblocks him to the canvas. The Rocket goes for an elbowdrop but Kato rolls out of the way. Kato goes into a karate stance and swings a chop towards the Rocket but the Rocket ducks and knocks Kato down with a spinning heel kick. The Rocket drops a leg on Kato. The Rocket picks up Kato and rams him headfirst into the extended boot of the Anvil. The Anvil gets tagged in and Anvil rams a series of vicious forearm smashes across the head of Kato. The Anvil throws Kato into the ropes and high back body drop. The Anvil delivers a running clothesline and Kato rolls over hurt. The Anvil picks up Kato and hooks him. Anvil lifts up Kato and drives him down to the canvas with a vertical suplex. Anvil throttles Kato in a chokehold. One, Two, Three, Four, Break. The Anvil picks up Kato and irish whip into the ropes. Anvil ducks the head and sunset flip by Kato no the Anvil drives a forearm down across the chest of Kato.

The Anvil picks up Kato and bearhugs him before ramming him into the corner. The Anvil goes over to the corner and tags in the Rocket. The Rocket enters the ring firing chop after chop on Kato. The Rocket throws Kato into the ropes and takes him down with a flying headscissors. The Rocket runs the ropes but gets tripped up by Mr. Fuji. The Rocket grabs Mr. Fuji but Kato clips the knee out from underneath the Rocket. Kato stomps away at the knee and wrenches it back roughly on the canvas. Kato drapes the knee over the bottom rope and sits down on it causing the Rocket to scream out in pain. Kato tags Tanaka into the match and they each grab a leg of the Rocket and stun him with a wishbone split. Tanaka spins around the leg of Owen and drives a series of rapid fire chops down across the knee. Tanaka picks up The Rocket and throws him into the buckles. Tanaka catches the Rocket with a forward clip to the leg as the Rocket stumbles out of the corner. Tanaka grabs the leg of the Rocket and spins around the leg, before ramming his knee into the leg of the Rocket. Tanaka drags the Rocket over and distracts the referee. Mr. Fuji rams the leg of Owen over the ring apron behind the back of the referee.

Tanaka picks up the Rocket and palm thrust to the chest causing the Rocket to fall backwards. Tanaka grabs the leg and wrenches it out some more. Tanaka picks up the Rocket and hooks his leg. Tanaka snaps the Rocket over with a dragon screw. Tanaka covers the Rocket hooking the leg. One, Two, Shoulder up from the Rocket. Tanaka backs up and a series of rapid fire stomps to the leg. Tanaka picks up the Rocket and Tanaka hooks him from behind. Tanaka brings the Rocket down to the canvas with a belly to belly suplex. Tanaka tags Kato back into the ring and the Orient Express whip the Rocket into the ropes. They take him down with a double front legsweep. The Rocket falls on his face on the canvas. Kato stands on the back of the leg of the Rocket and wrenches it back, causing the Rocket a lot of pain. Kato picks up the Rocket and Kato hooks the leg. Kato fires a series of rapid fire kicks the leg causing the Rocket to lose his footing. Kato locks a kneebar on the Rocket, folding the knee back for an attempted submission.

The Rocket is struggling in the grip of Kato. He must get to the ropes or this match is over. The Rocket is reaching and The Rocket grabs the bottom rope. Kato must break the hold. One, Two, Three, Four, Kato breaks the hold at four and a half. Kato picks up the Rocket and rams him into the corner. Kato delivers a double chop to the shoulders. Kato throws the Rocket into the ropes. Kato charges in but the Rocket moves out of the way. The Rocket delivers a belly to belly suplex taking Kato down. The Rocket is crawling towards the corner and he must make the tag to the Anvil. The Anvil is reaching out his hand. Kato makes the tag to Tanaka but the Rocket shoots into the corner and TAGS IN THE ANVIL. The Anvil smashes Tanaka down to the canvas with a clothesline. The Anvil rushes and knocks Kato off the apron. The Anvil takes a running start and brutal shoulderblock sending Tanaka flying down to the canvas. The Anvil picks up Tanaka and Anvil throws him into the ropes. Th Anvil scoops and powerslams Tanaka down to the canvas. The Anvil cradles Tanaka hooking the leg. One, Two, Save from Kato.

The Rocket leaps into the ring with a forearm knocking Kato away. The Rocket throws Kato over the top rope and to the floor but Kato pulls the Rocket to the floor. The Rocket stuns Kato with an European Uppercut on the floor. The Anvil goes to the top rope and shoulderblock from the top rope. Mr. Fuji has the cane and he throws it into the ring but the Anvil catches it and breaks it over his knee before throwing it back into the face of Mr. Fuji. Kato reverses a whip into the guardrail and the Rocket smashes kneefirst into the guardrail hard. Kato pulls a packet out of his tights and pours it into his hand. Kato enters the ring and goes to throw the salt into the face of the Anvil but the Anvil ducks and FUJI GETS SALT IN THE EYES. The Anvil runs Kato over with a clothesline. Tanaka pivots and knocks the Anvil down to the canvas with a vicious thrust kick to the head. Tanaka hooks both legs and bridges back. One, Two, Thr…The Anvil powes out.

The Rocket enters the ring and knocks Tanaka for a loop. The Rocket clotheslines Tanaka to the floor. Tanaka goes for the Thrust Kick on the Rocket but the Rocket ducks and release belly-to-back suplex driving Tanaka down across the back of his head. The Anvil is up and he hoists up Tanaka. The Rocket bounces off the ropes and HART ATTACK DELIVERED BY THE NEW FOUNDATION. The Anvil hooks the leg. One, Two, Three. The New Foundation are your winners.

Winners: The New Foundation(w/The Hart Attack)

Segment Approval: 73

Crowd Reaction: 61

Match Quality: 86

The New Foundation celebrate their victory as the crowd cheers. That could have gotten them a tag team title shot sometime in the near future but we are going to have to wait and see.

Monsoon: Impressive win by the New Foundation. They are looking to move up that tag team ladder. The Rocket and the Anvil look to be the perfect combination of speed and power. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that the Anvil is a former two time World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champion.

Heenan: Those two ham-en-eggars got lucky. They wouldn’t dare get in a rematch with Mr Fuji’s lethal assassins. They would be slaughted like a pair of oversized lambs.

Monsoon: Coming up next we got The Beverly Brothers doing battle with the Bushwhackers.

Heenan: The Beverly Brothers are too much for the Bushwhackers. They know actually how to wrestle and that is something the Bushwhackers can’t do. Luke and Butch learned how to wrestle by watching a Three Stooges’ Greatest Hits Video. This should be a piece of cake by the Beverly Brothers especially with the Genius behind them. The Genius reminds me of…me, the brain. Let’s get this over with so we can see the Bushwhackers fall to a team that is greater then them.

The Beverly Brothers(w/The Genius) vs the Bushwhackers

Beau starts out with Luke. They lock up and Luke grabs him and licks him causing Beau to back off. Luke batters Beau with a clothesline. Luke rakes the face of Beau and rams him into the corner. Luke fires a series of punches to the midsection and throws Beau into the ropes. Luke delivers a kneesmash to the gut and double axe handle to the back causing Beau to crash facefirst onto the canvas. Luke rolls over Beau and picks him up. Luke shoves Beau into the corner and Luke punches away at Beau so much that Beau has to cover up. Luke delivers a thumb to the eye as Beau comes out of the corner and trips him up before rolling him up. One, Kickout. Luke licks Beau’s face before making the tag to Butch. The Bushwhackers throw Beau into the ropes and takes him down with a double back body drop. Butch backs up and drops a knee down across the chest of Beau. Butch picks up Beau and a rake across the back. Butch fires a kick to the midsection and snap mare. Butch rubs the soles of his boots across the face of Beau. Butch shoves Beau into the corner and Butch shoulderblocks Beau into the corner causing Beau to fall to the canvas.

Butch slaps Beau across the back of the head and throws him into the ropes. Butch ducks the head and pays for it with a kick to the face. Beau clotheslines Butch down and tags in Blake. The Beverly Brothers pound away at Butch and throw him into the ropes. Double Hiptoss sends Butch spiralling to the match. Blake picks up Butch and snap mares him. Blake chinlocks Butch. Blake works over Butch in the chinlock. The referee checks on Butch as Blake extends his arm, getting some leverage from the Genius on the other side of the ring. The referee turns his head and Blake lets go. Butch fights his way to his feet but Blake pounds away and pulls Butch into a clothesline. Blake drops a knee down across the chest of Butch. Blake picks up Butch and rams him into the corner. Tag to Beau Beverly. The Beverly Brothers whip Butch into the ropes. Both men duck the head and they get the heads rammed together by Butch. Butch is crawling towards the corner ready to make the tag.

Luke has his hand extended and Butch is about to make the tag but the Genius leaps on the ring apron for the distraction. The referee goes over to the Genius and Luke makes the tag. Luke beats down both the Beverly Brothers but the Genius drops down and the referee forces Luke back into the corner because the referee cannot allow the tag if the referee did not see the tag. WHAT A CHEAPSHOT! The Genius just whacked Butch in the back with the scroll and the Beverly Brothers take Butch down with a double faceplant. Beau covers for the pin. One, Two, Kickout from Butch. Beau gutwrenches Butch and lifts him up but Butch stops and locks his legs. Butch takes over Beau with a backdrop and FALLS RIGHT INTO THE TAG FROM LUKE.

Luke enters the ring and cleans house on the Beverly Brothers. Luke grabs Blake by the nose and bops him on it. Luke grabs Beau in a headlock and gives him a noogie. Luke delivers a clothesline knocking Blake down. Butch enters the ring and each of them grab a Beverly and whip them together. The Beverly Brothers collide and fall to the canvas. Butch grabs Beau and holds him for the Battering Ram for Luke. Blake charges with a shot but Butch blocks and holds him. Luke delivers the Battering Ram to Blake. Luke covers Blake hooking the leg. One, Two, Three. The Bushwhackers win.

Winners: The Bushwhackers(w/The Battering Ram)

Segment Approval Rating: 63

Crowd Reaction: 57

Heenan: The Bushwhackers were lucky they got the win tonight, Monsoon. This is not over. The Beverly Brothers will bounce back and school the Bushwhackers.

Monsoon The crowd is going banannas, for the Bushwhackers. They really know how to get it done in the ring, Brain.

Heenan: Who cares what those humanoids in the crowd, think? They don’t know how to tie their shoes so they can’t accurately decide who is better. They would pick Vince McMahon over Mr. Perfect as better announcer. The Bushwhackers over the Beverly Brothers as the better tag team. Hulk Hogan over Ric Flair as the better wrestler so their opinion doesn’t mean much.

Monsoon: Will you stop? Anyway, coming up next the Legion of Doom will defend their WWF World Tag Team Title Belts against the Natural Disasters.

The World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions the Legion of Doom defend the belts against the Natural Disasters(w/Jimmy Hart)

Hawk starts out with Earthquake. They lock up and Hawk goes right to a headlock but Earthquake powers out so Hawk is all like “screw this wrestling shit” and pounds away on Earthquake a bunch of punches and throws him into the ropes. Hawk dropkicks Earthquake causing him to wobble back. Hawk grabs Earthquake and rams him into the buckles. Hawk backs up and smashes into Earthquake’s sizable gut with a running shoulder go the gut, wrenching his shoulder in the process. Hawk elbows Earthquake across the back of the head. Hawk throws Earthquake into the ropes and shoulderblocks him but Earthquake just staggers back. Tag to Animal. Double whip into the ropes from LOD and they blast Earthquake with a double clothesline. Earthquake is off of his feet and Animal backs up. Animal delivers a leaping elbowdrop to Earthquake. Animal goes for the cover hooking the leg. One, Earthquake powers out. Animal lifts up Earthquake by the hair and blasts him across the back of the head with a forearm smash. Animal rams Earthquake into the buckles and charges in but Earthquake moves. Earthquake clotheslines Animal down and drops an elbow down to the chest. Animal rolls over in pain.

Earthquake tags in Typhoon and the Natural Disasters double team Animal. They both scoop him up and double bodyslam. Typhoon steps over the chest of Animal as Earthquake leaves the ring. Typhoon picks up Animal and Typhoon throws Animal into the ropes. Typhoon delivers a thunderous shoulderblock knocking Animal down to the canvas. Typhoon delivers a chinlock to Animal, digging the knee into the upper back area. After a few seconds, Typhoon lets go of the hold. Typhoon picks up Animal and Typhoon hooks Animal. Typhoon drives Animal down across the knee with a vicious backbreaker. Typhoon backs up and drops a knee down across the chest of Animal. Typhoon picks up Animal and shoves him into the corner. Typhoon elbows Animal in the chest as he is slumped in the corner. Typhoon hooks Animal and throws him into the ropes. Typhoon runs into Animal like a freight train knocking him down. Typhoon makes a tag to Earthquake. The Natural Disasters measure Animal and DOUBLE ELBOWDROP TO ANIMAL. The crowd boos on that one as 800 pounds or more just was driven on Animal’s chest. He could be coughing up ribcage with that one. Earthquake picks up Animal and throws him into the buckle. Earthquake charges in but Animal drops down and Earthquake hits the corner. Animal blasts Earthquake with a kick to the face staggering him back and backs up, blasting Earthquake with a forearm smash. Animal drops down, fatigued.

Animal is crawling to make the tag but Earthquake just simply falls on top of Animal to stop that. Earthquake grabs Animal and scoops him up. Earthquake delivers a brutal powerslam, causing Animal to be squashed into the canvas. Earthquake hops around into the ring. Earthquake backs up and bounces off the ropes. AFTERSHOCK MISSES. Earthquake holds his back in pain. Animal rolls over and is crawling towards his corner. Animal needs to make the tag to Hawk. Earthquake is closer but Animal is using the ropes to help get himself towards the ropes. Hawk is reaching but Typhoon gets tagged in. Typhoon grabs the ankle of Animal and pulls him up but ANIMAL POPS UP AND DELIVERS A BACK BRAIN KICK TO TYPHOON BEFORE FALLING INTO THE CONRER FOR A TAG. Animal falls right into the tag from Hawk.

Hawk rushes into the ring and pounds away on Typhoon with a series of punches. Hawk runs across the ring and shoulderblocks Earthquake. Hawk does a 360 before blasting Typhoon with a shoulderblock. Hawk waits on Typhoon to get up and Hawk whips Typhoon into the ropes. Hawk catches Typhoon with a kick to the face and goes behind. Hawk takes Typhoon’s leg out from underneath him with a vicious knee clip. Hawk is going up top. Hawk is going to fly and he waits for Typhoon to get up. Hawk explodes into Typhoon with a flying shoulderblock off the top but Typhoon refuses to go down. Hawk backs up and HUGE CLOTEHSLINE but Typhoon is still on his feet. Hawk grabs Typhoon and POWERSLAMS HIM DOWN TO THE CANVAS. What power from Hawk! Hawk may have hurt his back on that one and Earthquake attempts to get the drop in on Hawk but Animal runs in and clotheslines Earthquake to the floor. Hawk goes for the pin on Typhoon. One, Two, Thr…Typhoon barely gets the shoulder up.

Hawk picks up Typhoon and pulls him by the hair. Hawk delivers a Hangman’s Neckbreaker to Typhoon but that little runt Jimmy Hart is on the apron. Hawk goes after the manager by grabbing him by the tie and clotheslining him but Jimmy Hart drops the megaphone into the ring. Typhoon charges Hawk but Hawk moves and Typhoon hits the corner. Hawk catches Typhoon with an elbow to the back of the head, crunching him up against the corner, knocking him cold perhaps. Earthquake enters the ring but Animal attacks him and the LOD clotheslines Earthquake down to the mat. The referee forces Animal to his corner as Hawk prepares to bodyslam Typhoon but EARTHQUAKE WHACKS HIM WITH THE MEGAPHONE CAUSING TYPHOON TO FALL ON TOP. Earthquake leaves the ring, hiding the megaphone behind his back. The referee counts. One, Two, Three. NEW WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS.

Winners and NEW World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions: The Natural Disasters(after using the megaphone)

Segment Approval Rating:74

Crowd Reaction: 68

Bobby Heenan: The Natural Disasters have done it thanks to the genius of Jimmy Hart. They have become the new World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions beating Hawk and Animal. The LOD is not invincable.

Monsoon: They used a megaphone to score the win. LOD was on the verge of retaining the titles.

Heenan: Sure, Monsoon. Blame it on an invisable megaphone. It is obvious that the Natural Disasters are really the best tag team in the WWF today and they now have the belts to prove it.

Monsoon: LOD will get their rematch and then we will see who is the greatest tag team in the World Wrestling Federation Today.

Heenan: Speaking of Jimmy Hart, he could add some more gold to his stable when he manages the Mountie for his Interconinental Title Match against the Mountie next. Let’s take it down to the ring to see Jimmy Hart’s stable grab some more gold.

World Wrestling Federation Interconinental Champion Bret Hart defends against the Mountie(w/Jimmy Hart)

Lock up to start and Bret headlocks the Mountie and takes him down to the mat. Bret works over the head of the Mountie. One, Shoulder up. The Mountie powers out to his feet. The Mountie shoves Bret into the corner and Bret comes back with a shoulderblock. Bret grabs the Mountie and wrings out the arm before driving an elbowsmash down on the shoulder and then throwing the Mountie to the canvas with an armdrag takedown. Bret delivers an armbar to the Mountie. Bret wrenches the arm of the Mountie back from this hold but the Mountie pulls himself up to his feet. The Mountie goes to the eyes of the Hitman and throws him into the corner. The Mountie delivers a punch to the midsection. The Mountie delivers a snap mare. Mountie chokes Bret. One, Two, Three, Four, Break. Mountie picks up Bret and knee to the midsection. The Mountie throws Bret into the ropes but as the Mountie ducks the head, Bret goes over with a sunset flip. One, Two, The Mountie kicks out. The Mountie takes Bret down with a shot to the throat and the referee warns the Mountie. The Mountie picks up Bret and scoops him up. The Mountie slams Bret down to the canvas. The Mountie drops an elbow down across the chest of the Hitman. The Mountie picks up Bret and whips him into the corner. Bret hits sternum first into the corner and falls back clutching his sternum.

The Mountie lifts Bret up by the hair and chops him. The Mountie snap mares Bret and drops a knee down across the throat. The Mountie goes for the cover hooking the leg. One, Two, Shoulder up. The Mountie picks up Bret and double leg takedown. The Mountie stomps the midsection of Bret. The Mountie rolls Bret over and stomp to the back of the head. Mountie picks up Bret and forearm to the chest, rocking Bret. Mountie throws Bret into the ropes and the Mountie delivers a back elbowsmash to the face of Bret. The Mountie grabs Bret and chinlocks him. The Mountie is working Bret down to the mat. Bret pushes himself up to his feet and runs the Mountie into the corner. Bret turns around and European Uppercut. Bret throws the Mountie into the ropes and goes for a dropkick but the Mountie side steps it and Bret crashes down onto the canvas. The Mountie picks up Bret and the Mountie delivers a forearm smash across the back of the head. The Mountie hooks Bret in a gutwrench and brings him down across the knee with a gutbuster. The Mountie drops a knee down across the stomach of Bret and puts him in a bodyscissors. The Mountie pounds away on the ribs of the Hitman.

Bret is struggling to get his way out of a bodyscissors and The Mountie breaks the hold. The Mountie grabs Bret and whips him into the corner. Bret crashes sternum first and is slumped in the corner. The Mountie crushes Bret in the corner with a clothesline. Bret is rolls over, holding his side. The Mountie grabs Bret up by the hair and uppercut across the chin. The Mountie delivers a double leg takedown and hooks both legs. The Mountie turns Bret over into a Boston Crab but Bret is in the ropes. The Mountie breaks the hold. The Mountie drags Bret into the center of the ring and the Mountie wraps his hand around the throat of Bret with a vicious chokehold. The referee warns the Mountie. One, Two, Three, Four, Break. The Mountie drives a double axe handle blow down across the sternum of the Excellence of Execution. The Mountie waits on Bret to pull himself up and the Mountie locks Bret in the Catroid Choke Tenique.

The Mountie is looking to choke the Hitman out but it looks like a sleeperhold from where the referee is standing. The referee is checking on Bret who looks to be fading. Bret swings his elbow wildly but the Mountie still has the move on. Bret looks to be fading. The Mountie could be seconds away from capturing the World Wrestling Federation Interconinental Title. The referee checks the arm of Bret. The arm comes up and the arm comes down. The referee holds one finger up. The referee lifts the arm of Bret up and the arm drops a second time. The referee holds two fingers up. The referee checks the arm again. The arm comes up and IT DROPS HALFWAY BEFORE POPPING BACK UP. Bret shifts his weight before taking the Mountie down with a belly to back suplex. Both men are down on the canvas. Bret pulls himself up to the corner and the Mountie is up. The Mountie charges in but gets a double foot to the face. Bret charges out of the corner with a clothesline.

Bret punches away at the Mountie and hooks him. Bret lifts up the Mountie and Inverted atomic drop. Bret delivers an European Uppercut causing the Mountie to drop down to the canvas. Bret runs the ropes and dropkicks the Mountie down. Bret picks up the Mountie and shoulder to the midsection. Mountie is doubled over and Bret hoists up the Mountie. Bret takes the Mountie down with a vertical suplex. Bret covers the Mountie hooking the leg. One, Two, Shoulder up. Bret drives a knee to the head of the Mountie and lifts him up. Bret grabs the Mountie in a headlock and goes for a bulldog but the Mountie shoves him off into the buckles. Bret comes back with a shoulderblock. Bret knees the Mountie in the midsection as he gets to his feet and Bret floats behind. Bret takes the Mountie down with a Russian Legsweep. Bret picks the Mountie up and Bret hooks the Mountie. Bret takes the Mountie down with a backbreaker. Bret hoists himself up to the second buckle and leaps off. Bret drives the elbow down across the sternum of the Mountie. Bret goes for the cover hooking the leg. One, Two, Shoulder up from the Mountie.

Bret is going all the way to the top rope. Bret is up on top but the Mountie pulls himself up and trips and falls backward crotching Bret on the top rope. The Mountie climbs up with Bret and hooks him with a superplex. The Mountie takes Bret off the top with the superplex but The Hitman falls on top, cradling the leg of the Mountie. One, Two, Thr…The Mountie barely gets out of the pin attempt. Jimmy Hart has the shock stick and he is on the ring apron. The Mountie goes to the eyes of Bret and the Mountie grabs Bret in a waistlock and pushes him towards the extended shock stick of Jimmy Hart but Bret uses his legs to fling the Mountie into the Shock Stick. The Mountie staggers back shocked and Bret takes the Mountie down with a reverse single leg pickup. Bret hooks the Mountie and turns him over into the Sharpshooter. Bret is sitting down on the hold and he pulls the Mountie into the center of the ring. The Mountie is looking for a way out but he can’t find any so he submits. Bret retains the World Wrestling Federation Interconinental Title.

Winner and Still Interconinental Champion: Bret Hart(w/The Sharpshooter)

Segment Approval: 79

Crowd Reaction: 78

Bret holds up the belt as we go backstage for some quick words with some of the partipents in the Royal Rumble Match.

Final Thoughts Before the Royal Rumble

Jim Duggan: Hoooo!!! The Hacksaw will win the WWF World Title for the good old, U-S-A. Toughguy. Hoooo!!!!

Sgt. Slaughter: Attention!!! Only one man has the discipline to beat 29 other maggots in the Royal Rumble and that man is Sgt. Slaughter.

The Berzerker: Huss, Huss, Huss, Huss.

Repo Man: What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine to and the WWF World Title shall be mine. HAHAHAHA!!!

Marty Jannetty: I am going to rock, rock, and never stop. I am going to rock my way to the WWF World Title tonight.

Irwin R. Schyster: Entering the ring with 29 tax cheats, the WWF World Title is only could around my waist.

Ted DiBiase: I could have bought this Royal Rumble but what would be the fun in that. The Million Dollar Man will walk out the next World Wrestling Federation Champion by throwing 29 bums over the top rope.

Brian Knobbs: 29 other men in the Royal Rumble will get a Nasty sensation as I capture the WWF World Title.

Jerry Saggs: And after my partner wins the WWF World Title, then I will win the WWF World Title because I am Nasty.

Roddy Piper: I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I am all out of bubble gum. The Hot Rod is tailor made for the WWF World Title.

Sid Justice: I WILL RULE EVERYONE. YES YOU WILl BOW DOWN TO YOUR MASTER AND NEXT WWF WORLD CHAMPION OF THE WORLD OF WRESTLING SID JUSTICE.

Virgil: I will break out as a star tonight and finally get the respect I need to be taken seriously in wrestling.

British Bulldog: The first British World Wrestling Federation Champion, that has a nice ring to it.

Rick Martel: The other 29 men are not the Model and the Model is the only one who would make the World Wrestling Federation Title look right.

Ric Flair: Tonight, the Nature Boy styles and profiles to the WWF World Title. Space Mountain will be open all night long because the Nature Boy has the stanima to last the rumble and stay up all night long and party. Wooooooooo!!!

The Undertaker: Rest in Peace!!!

Hercules: I am the only one mighty enough to capture the World Wrestling Federation Title. My chains will hold this company together.

Jake Roberts: I will walk out with the belt. That simple. Trust me.

Randy Savage: Oh yeahhh. All these people talking about how they are going to win the belt but the only man who will hold the belt is Macho Man. Dig it. I will snap into the World Wrestling Federation tonight. The madness will be unleashed on 29 other men tonight.

Hulk Hogan: Let me tell you something. The Hulkster has not held the belt for a month and finally tonight I will prove beyond a shadow of doubt that I am the undisputed World Wrestling Federation Champion, brotha. So to the 29 other men in there, whatcha gonna do with Hulk Hogan runs wild on you, dude!!!

Hogan poses as we fade to the arena.

Segment Approval Rating: 95

Monsoon: The Royal Rumble is upon us Brain. The Hulkster looks to be the favorite in this one.

Heenan: Bah, Monsoon. We all know that Ric Flair is going to win this one. If I wasn’t that confident, The Bushwhackers would be licking my face tommorow night on Prime Time Wrestling.

Monsoon: Let’s throw it down to Howard Finkel for the Royal Rumble Match.

Finkel: Ladies and Gentlemen it is now time for the Royal Rumble. Two men will begin tonight and every 2 minutes another World Wrestling Federation superstar will enter the Royal Rumble Match. You can only be eliminated by being thrown over the top rope and both feet touching the floor. Also this match is for the vacant World Wrestling Federation Championship Belt.

Finkel pauses as the crowd is hyped for the match.

Finkel: Let’s see who drew Number One.

The music of The Model, Rick Martel kicks up. Rick Martel lasted quite a long time last year at the Royal Rumble. This year he enters at Number One. Martel poses for the crowd.

Finkel: Let’s see who drew Number Two.

The Warlord comes out with Dr. Harvey Wippleman. Martel looks like a deer in the headlights. The Warlord is a big guy and Martel may have a tougher time to start out then he thought. The bell rings kicking off this Royal Rumble Match.

Royal Rumble Match for the Vacant World Wrestling Federation Title

The Warlord attacks the Model and pounds away on him with forearm smashes. The Warlord throws the Model into the ropes and clotheslines him down to the mat. Warlord lifts up the Model and rams him headfirst into the buckles. Warlord throws Martel into the ropes and hoists him up. The Warlord throws Martel into the corner. The Warlord goes to put the Model out but Martel goes to the eyes. Martel delivers a running kneelift to the head sending the Warlord backwards. Martel chops away at the Warlord but the Warlord no-sells it and chokes Martel. Martel knees the Warlord south of the border and dropkick to the back of the head. Martel rolls and plays dead on the canvas to avoid the Warlord and the Warlord drops an elbow but Martel moves. Martel is in the corner as the clock comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

Ric Flair comes out as Bobby Heenan has a heart attack at the announcer’s booth. Ric Flair enters the ring and the Warlord attacks Flair. Martel is just sitting into the corner and the Warlord whips Flair into Martel. The Warlord delivers a high back drop on Flair. The Warlord grabs Flair but thumb to the eye. Flair chops away but the Warlord no sells and clotheslines Flair. Martel goes to dropkick the Warlord but the Warlord swats him off like a little bug. Flair chops the knee of the Warlord and chops but the Warlord is like a thick brick house and he clotheslines Flair down. Flair flops on the canvas like a fish out of water and Martel catches the Warlord with a dropkick to the back of the head but the Warlord no sells that and grabs Martel by the throat choking him. Warlord chokes Flair with his other hand. The Warlord shoves both Flair and Martel down as the timer comes up. Five, For Three, Two, One.

The British Bulldog enters the Rumble at #4 The Bulldog makes his way down the aisle and pounds away at his old rival, the Warlord with forearm smashes. The Bulldog clotheslines the Warlord down. The Bulldog waits on the Warlord and powerslams him down to the canvas. The Bulldog drops a knee down across the chest of the Warlord. The Bulldog whips the Warlord into the ropes right into a Flair back body drop over the ropes. The Warlord has been eliminated. The Bulldog attacks Flair and hoists him up. The Bulldog throws Flair onto Martel with a Gorilla Press. The Bulldog shoulderblocks Martel down. The Bulldog lifts the Model up by the hair and throws him into the ropes. Martel slides underneath the legs but turns around into a clothesline from the Bulldog. The clock is up as the Bulldog pounds away on Flair. 5, 4, 3, Flair Flop, 2, 1. Bzzzz

#5 would be Skinner. Skinner enters the ring and the Bulldog attacks him to start. Flair crawls around on the canvas and Martel is on the other side of the ring. The Bulldog delivers a clothesline to Skinner and Flair clips the Bulldog’s leg out from underneath him. Flair stomps the legs but gets a face full of tobacco juice from Skinner. Flair sells it and does a Flair flop. Martel attacks Skinner and kneelifts him across the chest. Martel drops an elbow down across the chest of Skinner. The Bulldog grabs Martel and Gorilla Presses him up. Bulldog teases dumping Martel before throwing him down to the mat. The timer is up. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

#6 would be Greg “The Hammer” Valentine. The Hammer is a veteran of the Royal Rumble and is a former World Wrestling Federation Interconinental and Tag Team Champion. He is looking to go for the Triple Crown tonight. Greg Valentine goes after the Bulldog but the Bulldog ducks and clotheslines Valentine to the floor. The Hammer has been eliminated Flair catches the Bulldog with a ballshot causing him to deflate to the canvas. Skinner pounds away on Martel in the corner and Skinner charges at Martel but Martel moves and Skinner goes flying to the outside for the elimination Martel walks into a chop from Flair and Flair delivers a stiff uppercut to the jaw of the Model. Flair delivers a running kneelift rocking the Model back. Flair backs up and huge kneedrop to the forehead of Martel causing him to twitch. Flair picks up Martel and chops away at him in the corner. Flair turns around into a Bulldog clothesline. Bulldog drops an elbow down on Flair as the timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzz

#7 is a former World Wrestling Federation Interconinetal Champion in the Texas Tornado. The Tornado enters the ring and claws Martel to start with. Tornado lets go and clotheslines Martel. Martel rolls around The Tornado chops away at Martel. The British Bulldog takes Ric Flair down with the Running Powerslam as Flair thrashes on the canvas in pain. Bulldog picks up Flair and the Bulldog throws Flair into the buckles. Bulldog charges in but Flair drops down and the Bulldog crashes sterum first into the buckles. The Texas Tornado takes down the Model in the background with a spinnign forearm smash. Flair grabs the Tornado by the hair but gets caught in a clawhold. Flair is fading fast and Flair goes right to the eyes breaking the hold. Flair chops away at the Tornado and Flair shoulderblocks the Tornado but the force sends him onto the canvas. The Texas Tornado chops away at Flair and claws him. Martel attacks the Tornado but the Bulldog grabs Martel and hoists him up. The Bulldog drives the Model down to the canvas with a delayed vertical suplex. The Bulldog delivers a kneedrop to the Model. The clock winds down. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#8 is Brian Knobbs. Knobbs makes his way to the ring and Knobbs attacks Flair. Knobbs throws Flair into the ropes and high back body drop. Flair gets to his feet and flair flops onto his face. The Texas Tornado dropkicks Knobbs. The Texas Tornado attempts to put Knobbs over the top but Knobbs goes right to the eyes. Knobbs clotheslines the Tornado down. Flair is fighting elimination on the other side of the ring from the Bulldog and Flair manages to get a stray boot to the face to break it up. Flair delivers a forward clip to the knee of the Bulldog, rocking him backwards. Flair fires a knee to the back of the head of the Bulldog. Knobbs attempts to lift the Tornado over the ropes but he lands on the ring apron and slides back into the ring. The timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzz

#9 is Col. Mustafa. Mustafa makes his way out and enters the ring and charges but gets dumped to the outside by the recovering Bulldog. Col. Mustafa has been eliminated. Knobbs attacks the Bulldog but the Texas Tornado dropkicks Knobbs across the back of the head. The Tornado delivers a series of chops of Knobbs. The Tornado throws Knobbs into the ropes and high cross body press. Flair chops away on the Bulldog but the Bulldog headbutts Flair to break it and Flair flops facefirst down on to the canvas. The Texas Tornado claws Knobbs as the Martel cowers in the corner, hoping no one will find him. The Bulldog attempts to push Flair to the floor but Flair goes to the eyes causing the Bulldog to stagger back. Flair clips the Texas Tornado breaking the claw on Knobbs. Knobbs shows his gratitude by rubbing Flair’s face into his arm pit. Flair does a Flair Flop off of that trip to pity city. Knobbs stomps away on Flair as the timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#10 is the Barbarian as the crowd boos. The Barbarian stalks his way to the ring and the Barbarian grabs The Bulldog before clotheslining him down. The Barbarian levels The Model with a boot to the face, knocking him down to the canvas. The Barbarian elbows Knobbs and Flair manages to knock Knobbs to the floor for the elimination. Brian Knobbs is out. The Barbarian pounds away on Flair and throws him into the ropes before powerslaming him down to the canvas. The Barbarian drops an elbow down across the chest of Flair. The Texas Tornado dropkicks the Model over the top rope and to the floor for the elimination. The Barbarian chokes Flair out of the ring and the Bulldog rams a double axe handle to the back, breaking the choke. The Bulldog hooks the Barbarian and lifts him up. Bulldog delivers a delayed vertical suplex. Bulldog drives an elbow down across the chest of Barbarian. Flair is crawling on his knees and The Bulldog grabs Flair but Flair neuters the Bulldog with a double uppercut to the groin. The timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzzz.

#11 is….the mystery opponent. It’s….Former World Wrestling Federation Champion Bob Backlund Backlund is out with a coat with the red, white, and blue with red, white, and blue tights, white kneepads, and red boots. A mild pop for Backlund as Backlund takes off his ring jacket and enters the ring. Backlund grabs Flair and bodyscissors takeover taking him down. Backlund hiptosses The Barbarian down to the mat. Backlund rides the Barbarian with a front facelock. Backlund delivers a leg pickup and Backlund headlocks the Barbarian but the Barbarian lifts him up and drops him to the ring apron but Backlund takes the Barbarian over, causing the Barbarian to get eliminated from the Rumble. Backlund delivers a shoulder thrust to Flair and sunset flips himself over the top rope sending him over. The Texas Tornado and Bulldog attempt to eliminate each other on the other end but neither being successful. Backlund hoists up Flair and drives him down with an atomic drop. Flair does a Flair flop to the canvas as the timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzz.

#12 is Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Duggan stomps down to the ring and enters the ring. Duggan pounds away on Backlund with punches and clotheslines him down. Duggan winds up and blasts the Texas Tornado with a punch. Duggan throws Flair into the ropes and high back body drop taking Flair down. Duggan does a three point stance and EXPLODES ONTO THE BULLDOG WITH THE TACKLE. Flair lifts up the Bulldog and dumps him to the floor, for the elimination. The Texas Tornado claws Flair while Backlund headlocks Duggan but Duggan shoves Backlund off and shoulderblocks him down. The Texas Tornado goes for the Tornado Spin Punch but Flair ducks and the momentum takes the Tornado over the ropes for the elimination Duggan runs Flair over like a truck with a clothesline. Backlund leaps on Duggan and sleeperhold but Duggan elbows out sending Backlund flying. Duggan drops a knee down across the chest of Backlund. The timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#13 is….well we don’t know. Oh wait, the Repo Man is sneaking behind the ring. Repo Man attacks Duggan from behind but Duggan no sells it and Duggan pounds away at the Repo Man. Duggan delivers a series of punches to the Repo Man rocking him back. Bob Backlund abdominal stretches Flair. Backlund is working over Flair but Flair reverses into a hiptoss. Repo Man ducks a Duggan charge and Duggan hits the corner. The Repo Man jumps on Duggan’s back and rakes him across the shoulders. Flair delivers a vertical suplex to Backlund but Flair is fatigued. Repo Man has the hub cap but Duggan punches it into the face of Repo. Duggan throws the hub cap to the outside. Flair is staggering up top but Duggan catches Flair and slams him off the top rope. Flair thrashes around on the canvas. Repo Man goes for a double axe handle but Duggan ducks. Duggan grabs the Repo Man and inverted atomic drop. Duggan swings and blasts the Repo Man down with a punch. The timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#14 is Virgil. Virgil shuffles his way out to the ring. Virgil goes after Flair and jabs away at him. Virgil and Duggan double team the Repo Man while Backlund knees Flair and Backlund delivers a single leg pickup and works over the leg of Flair with a spinning toe hold. Flair is running on fumes. Virgil and Duggan take the Repo Man down with a double clothesline. Virgl drops an elbow on the Repo Man and Duggan picks up the Repo Man. Duggan does an atomic drop into a haymaker shot from Virgil. Flair pulls himself up and Backlund is attempting to put Flair to the floor but Flair blocks it and chops Backlund. Backlund returns fire with a chop of his own. Backlund hooks Flair and throwing suplex taking Flair down to the mat. Repo Man goes to the eyes of Virgil and goes through the legs of Duggan before delivering a cheapshot blow from behind but Duggan returns fire with an elbow to the face. Flair begs off but Backlund headlocks Flair, having none of that. Backlund is working on eliminating Flair. Flair shoves Backlund off but Backlund shoulderblocks Flair but Flair lands on the ring apron. Timer is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzz

The Berzerker husses out at #15 with Mr. Fuji. The Berzerker enters the ring. The Berzerker pounds away on Duggan as he enters the ring. The Berzerker and Duggan trade punches as Virgil chops away on the Repo Man. Virgil throws the Repo Man into the ropes and Virgil clotheslines Repo Man. The Berzerker catches Virgil with a clothesline, sending Virgil to the floor for an elimination. The Berzerker delivers a double axe handle to the head of Duggan. Flair elbows Backlund and Flair chops away on Backlund. Flair attempts to throw Backlund over the ropes but Backlund lands on the apron. Backlund catches Flair with a shoulder to the gut and Backlund slides into the ring and Backlund forearms Flair across the face. The Repo Man jumps Backlund from behind but Backlund takes him down with a double leg takedown and falls back, sending him into the buckles with some slingshot action. Duggan pounds away on Flair as the sweat drips down the face of Flair as Flair is barely in this thing. The clock is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzz.

#16 is Jerry Saggs. Saggs slowly makes his way to the ring as Flair barely avoids elimination via Duggan as The Brain is getting more and more nervous at each passing moment for his meal ticket, the Nature Boy, over at the Commentary booth. Saggs and Duggan explode into each other like two big bulls as Repo attempts to take advantage of Flair’s situation but gets tripped and sent to the outside for the elimination. Flair stagges into the ring and Backlund grabs Flair and hiptosses him down to the canvas. Backlund fires some stomps to the face of Flair. Saggs attacks Backlund but Backlund backdrops Saggs to the floor for the elimination. Duggan clotheslines Flair over the ropes but Flair lands on the ring apron and crawls in. Backlund grabs Flair and hooks him in an abdominal stretch but Flair shifts his weight causing Backlund to take a tumble to the floor for the elimination. Flair has a lot in his bag of tricks that is keeping him alive in this one. The Berzerker and Duggan trade punches as Flair takes five in the corner. The timer is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#17 is Haku as Duggan charges at the Berzerker but The Berzerker dumps Duggan. Duggan hangs onto the beard and pulls Berzerker to the floor but sends himself to the floor at the same time for the double elimination Haku measures Flair and waylays him with a thrust kick. Heenan promises not to say anything bad about anyone for the next five minutes if Flair wins this match over at the commentary table. Haku picks up Flair and Haku chops away at Flair as Flair is on rubber legs. Haku goes for a clothesline but Flair ducks. Flair kneelifts Haku to the floor, causing Haku to be eliminated. Flair drops down and rolls over, groaning. Flair has a bit of time to rest up, althrough it may not help much do to the pounding he has gotten. Flair is slumped in the corner. The crowd is booing as Flair gets some time to recoup. After about 30 more seconds the timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzz

#18 is Hulk Hogan as the crowd goes ballastic. Flair goes bug eyed in the ring. Hogan enters the ring and rips his shirt off before throwing it into Flair’s face. Hogan punches away on Flair and throws him into the ropes. Hogan hoists Flair up and throws him down with a Gorilla Press. Hogan delivers a clothesline knocking Flair down. Hogan drops an elbow down across the chest of Flair. Hogan picks up Flair and Hogan rakes the back and clotheslines Flair down. Hogan rubs the soles of his boot across the eyes of Flair as Flair yells out in pain. Hogan picks up Flair and throws him into the ropes. Hogan ducks the head and Flair kicks Hogan in the face but no sell from Hogan. Hogan chops away on Flair and Hogan scoops him Flair. Hogan powerslams Flair down to the canvas. Hogan finally looses the doo-rag and stuffs it in Flair’s mouth before raking the boot sole across the face. Hogan picks up Flair and throws him into the buckles before catching him with an elbow as the timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One, Bzzzz.

#19 Ted DiBiase comes out as Hogan throws Flair into the ropes and big boots him down. DiBiase attacks Hogan with a double axe handle from behind which Hogan kindly no sells and punches away on the Million Dollar Man before clotheslining him down. Hogan goes for an elbowdrop but DiBiase rolls out of the way. DiBiase misses a fistdrop and Hogan hooks DiBiase and inverted atomic drop. Hogan delivers the Axe Bomber sending DiBiase down. Hogan picks up DiBiase and Hogan throws DiBiase into the ropes and clotheslines him down. Flair is up and Hogan catches Flair with a clothesline as well. Hogan backs up and boot rake to the face of Flair causing him thrashe around on the canvas. DiBiase is on the second rope but Hogan pounds away on DiBiase and slams him off. The timer is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#20 is “Insane” Sid Justice. Justice enters the ring and Hogan punches away on Sid but Sid calmly shoves Hogan away before blasting him with a clothesline. Sid grabs Flair by the throat and lifts up Flair, choke slamming him down to the mat. Flair thrashes like a fish out of water on the canvas. Hogan spins Sid around and goes to the eyes. Hogan forearms Sid across the chest and Hogan goes for a slam but he wrenches his back. Sid fires an double axe handle to the head of Hogan but Hogan fires back with a punch. Sid and Hogan trade punches. Hogan delivers an elbow to the face. DiBiase climbs to the second rope and double axe handle to Hogan. Hogan goes down for a second before going back up. The timer is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#21 Sgt. Slaughter makes his way out. Slaughter enters the ring and Slaughter goes after Flair. Slaughter cobra clutches Flair. Sid clotheslines Hogan down and grabs DiBiase. Sid powerslams DiBiase down and drops an elbow down across the chest. Hogan rushes at both Slaughter and Flair, knocking them down. Sid goes for a Power Bomb but DiBiase goes low. DiBiase clips Hogan’s leg from underneath him. DiBiase laughs out loud and DiBiase picks up Flair by the hair and throws him into the ropes. DiBiase hoists Flair up and down with a high back body drop. DiBiase picks up Flair and DiBiase punches away on Flair. DiBiase throws Flair into the ropes and ducks the head and Flair uppercuts DiBiase. Hogan attacks Flair and Hogan puts Flair in a bearhug before ramming him into the buckles. Flair does a flair flop as Slaughter and Sid trade punches with Sid getting the better. The timer is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzzz.

#22 is the Mighty Hercules. Hercules makes his way to the ring and takes his chain with it, wrapping it around the throat of Sid but Sid powers out. Sid big boots Herc down to the mat. Hogan throws Flair into the ropes and goes for a big boot but Flair flops down causing Hogan to hit nothing but air. DiBiase fires a few shots to the ribs of Hogan. Sid lifts up Herc and Power Bomb sending Herc crashing to the canvss. Hogan grabs DiBiase and Slaughter and rams the skulls together. Sid clotheslines Hogan down but Hogan pops right back up and clotheslines Sid but Sid stays on his feet. Flair crawls around and jumps Hogan. Sid and Flair double team Hogan but Hogan fights them both up. Sid chokes Hogan but Flair is down on the canvas. DiBiase makes the mistake of attacking Sid and a side suplex sends the Million Dollar Man crashing to the canvas. The timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

The gong goes off bringing out #23 The Undertaker along with Paul Bearer. Undertaker enters the ring and runs Slaughter down with a thrust to the throat. Undertaker grabs Herc and dumps him to the floor for the elimination. Hogan attacks The Undertaker but the Undertaker just walks away from him to boot Slaughter out for the elimination. The Undertaker chokes Hogan but Hogan fights out. Sid is about ready to eliminate Flair but Flair scissors the ropes for dear life. DiBiase attacks Sid but Sid launches DiBiase off. Hogan clotheslines Taker but Taker remains on his feet. Taker chokes Hogan and brings him down to the canvas. Flair stomps Hogan while Taker chokes him. Flair clips Sid from behind and DiBiase elbows Flair. DiBiase hooks Flair and lifts him up. DiBiase suplexes Flair down to the canvas. The timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#24 Rowdy Roddy Piper is out to the ring and Piper enters the ring and grabs DiBiase, dizzing him with an airplane spin. Piper goes for Flair and puts him in the Sleeper. Flair is around almost out. Sid attacks the Undertaker to stop him from choking out Hogan and Taker breaks and we have a staredown before Sid laughs in Taker’s face and Taker thrust Sid across the throat to break the silence. Flair’s trick leg acts on and Piper is in a lot of pain. Hogan attacks Piper and Piper does the greco roman poke to the eye to slow down the Hulk. DiBiase puts Flair in the Million Dollar Dream but Flair backs up, sending DiBiase into the corner. Flair snap mares DiBiase out and drops an elbow on DiBiase. Sid suplexed the Undertaker but the Undertaker pops up and chokes Sid to the canvas. Piper delivers a belly to back on Hogan but Hogan pops up and hulks up. Piper punches away at Hogan but Hogan points his finger in the face of Piper before throwing him into the ropes. Hogan big boots Piper down to the canvas. The timer is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#25 is Jake Roberts. Roberts is making a slow walk to the ring. Flair is stumbling around trying to regain himself but he bumps into Hogan and Hogan pounds away on Flair. Hogan throws Flair into the ropes and shoulderblocks him through the ropes, causing Flair to land on the ring apron. Roberts is just hanging out in the aisle walking in th ring. Sid and the Undertaker are chopping away on each other. Piper grabs DiBiase and Piper delivers a knee to the midsection. Piper throws DiBiase into the ropes and high back body drop. DiBiase flops around the canvas. Roberts is still hanging in the aisle. Hogan choke lifts Flair but Piper fires a double axe handle to the back of Hogan. Hogan turns around and throws Flair into Piper. The timer is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#26 is Papa Shango as Roberts is standing in the aisle and Shango just walks right by him. Shango enters the ring and attacks Sid but Sid fires a knee to the gut. Sid hooks Shango and choke slams him down to the canvas. The Undertaker boots Hogan down. The Undertaker chokes Hogan down to the canvas but Hogan fights his way up and shoves Taker off. Hogan explodes into the Undertaker with the Axe Bomber. Piper is attempting to dump Flair but Flair just manages to shove Piper off long enough to reenter the ring underneath the bottom rope after dropping down onto the ring apron. Hogan drops an elbow onto the Taker but Taker sits up. Sid attempts to dump Shango but Shango avoids it. The timer is up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#27 is Randy Savage. Savage rushes down the aisle and attacks Roberts in the aisle. Savage whips Roberts into the guardrail and catches him with an elbow. Savage rolls Roberts into the ring and leaping kneelift to the head of the Snake. DiBiase gets tossed by Hogan in the background. Savage jabs away on Snake and Savage slams Roberts down. Savage drops a knee down across the chest of Roberts. Papa Shango attacks Savage but Savage punches Shango causing him to fall to the outside. for the elimination. The Undertaker thrusts Savage across the throat. Hogan drops the leg on Flair and Flair is about done. The timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One. Bzzz

#28 is Marty Jannetty is he rocks his way to the ring. Marty enters the ring and dropkicks Sid but Sid swats him off like a bug. Sid grabs Marty and splatters him on the canvas with a choke slam. Piper attacks Roberts on the other side of the ring. The Undertaker grabs Piper and clotheslines him to the floor, causing the Hot Rod to be eliminated. Sid Justice goes to eliminate Flair but Flair once again avoids fate. Jake Roberts attacks Sid and this goes about as well as you expected. Savage pounds away on Flair. Sid sets up Jake for a Power Bomb near the ropes but Taker boots Sid across the back of the head and Jake dumps Sid to the floor for the elimination The timer comes up. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#29 is Irwin R. Schyster. IRS enters the ring and IRS attacks Marty Jannetty and clotheslines him down. Savage attacks IRS and uses the tie to pull him into a clothesline. Taker and the Snake are pounding away on Hogan in the corner. Savage delivers a leaping double axe handle chop to the head of Irwin. Hogan barely avoids fighting off both Taker and Roberts. Marty dropkicks the Snake down. Undertaker chokes Marty and shoves him down. Hogan rakes the back of Taker but Taker just stares at him before clotheslining him down and dropping an elbow. Savage leaps at the Undertaker and elbows him across the face. Savage fires some jabs at Taker but Flair catches Savage with a low blow. The timer is off. Five, Four, Three, Two, One.

#30 is Jimmy Snuka. Snuka makes his way down to the ring. Jannetty runs at IRS but IRS ducks and Marty goes flying to the floor for the elimination. Snuka enters the ring and leaping headbutt to Flair. Snuka chops away on the Snake but when he goes after the Undertaker, the Undertaker clotheslines the Phenom down. Flair lifts up Snuka and tosses him to the floor for the elimination. The Megapowers reunite as they pair off against the Snake and Taker. Roberts and the Undertaker get whipped together. Hogan big boots Roberts down while Savage stuns the Undertaker with a knee. The Megapowers double clothesline Taker to the floor to put him out of the running. IRS goes after Hogan but Hogan writes off IRS’s chances of World Title victory by throwing him to the floor.

The final four in this match is Flair, Savage, The Snake, and Hogan. Hogan pounds away on Flair as Roberts and the Macho Man trade jabs. Roberts delivers a kneelift to Savage and goes for the DDT but Savage shoves Roberts up and kneelift to the chest. Savage throws Roberts into the ropes and clotheslines him down. Hogan whips Flair into the ropes but Flair reverses and Hogan collides with Savage sending him to the floor for the elimination. Savage is pissed and he kicks the ring steps. Hogan clotheslines Roberts to the floor but Roberts skins the cat and only one foot touches the floor. Hogan pounds a forearm over the back of Flair. Hogan big boots Flair but Flair falls towards the ropes. Hogan is about to push Flair out but Flair grabs the hair and both men are having a titanic struggle in an attempt to go to the outside. Roberts sneaks into the ring and pushes both Flair and Hogan over the ropes for the elimination

The Winner and NEW World Wrestling Federation Champion: Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Crowd Reaction: 67

Roberts has an evil smirk on his face as he holds up the WWF World Title. Hogan and Flair are both in shock on the floor. We have a new World Wrestling Federation Champion. The copyright notice comes up with Roberts in the ring, holding the belt.

Overall: 70

Guest Prototype

Awesome! I love that Jake won. I was hoping he would but never thought he'd actually win. I hope he has some good feuds with Macho or Hogan, or even a feud with Taker and let Hogan and Macho feud.

Prime Time Wrestling for 1/20/92

We see Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon standing by in Prime Time Studios.

Monsoon: Welcome to Prime Time Wrestling. I am Gorilla Monsoon.

Heenan: And it should be painfully obvious, that I am the Brain.

Monsoon: What’s the matter, Bobby? You look a little subdued tonight.

Heenan: My meal ticket got tricked by that no good snake, Jake, althrough don’t tell him that I called him a no good snake, althrough that demented individual would consider it a compliment. Don’t tell him I called him demented either. He holds all the cards as WWF World Champion and I have to butter him up if I want to get Ric Flair a title shot.

Monsoon: We should have an announcement tonight about the main event for Saturday Night’s Main Event on February 15th, the prime time special televised live on FOX. Let’s get down to the ring for some action tonight on Prime Time Wrestling.

”The Mighty” Hercules vs “All-American” Bob Backlund

Hercules holds up his chains as the bell rings. Backlund and Herc lock up and Backlund headlocks Herc before taking him down to the mat. Backlund works the headlock as Herc pushes up and powers out. They lock up again and Backlund goes behind with a hammerlock. Backlund forces Herc down to the canvas but Herc gets to the ropes and clean break by the All-American. They lock up a third time and Backlund delivers a bodyscissors roll into a bodyscissors submission. Herc grabs the ropes and Backlund cleanly breaks again. Backlund grabs Herc and hiptosses him down. Backlund wrenches the elbow back in an armbar. Feel the excitement. Herc powers up and Herc pounds away on Backlund before snap maring him and putting him in a chinlock. Herc forces Backlund down to the canvas. Hercules is working over Backlund as Backlund looks to be fading as a result of that chinlock.

Backlund forces himself back up and a pair of elbows and a single leg trip up. Backlund takes Herc down with a drop toe hold. Backlund grabs Herc in a headlock and takes him down, working on the head. Herc powers out and Herc pounds away on Backlund. Hercules throws Backlund into the ropes and powerslams him down. Hercules lifts up Backlund and Horizontal Backbreaker but Backlund slides behind. Backlund shoulders Herc in the gut, delivers a double leg takedown, and bridges backward cradling the legs for the pin. Bob Backlund is your winner.

Winner: “All American” Bob Backlund(w/a Backward Bridge)

Segment Approval Rating: 65

Crowd Reaction: 58

Match Quality: 72

Jake Roberts interview

The Following Interview was taped after the Royal Rumble Match:

Jake Roberts: You smell that stench. Yes, I can smell it too. It is the stench of change. A brand new World Wrestling Federation Champion has been crowned on this night. The dark days will fall over the World Wrestling Federation. Myself and my brother of darkness, the Undertaker made this master plan. We fooled Ric Flair. We fooled Hogan. We fooled Savage. They trusted that nothing was wrong. Well you cannot trust a snake. See people call me evil, but that term is very vague. I perfer the term sadistically diabolical myself. The era of the Snake begins and there is not stop. Jack Tunney is powerless to stop this. He is nothing but a puppet on the string. Remember it is his fault that I have the belt. He vacated it and I swooped in for the chance. The only reason why I haven’t been the champion before is Hogan is a gutless coward who ducked me for 6 years. Trust me, Hogan. Now you will feel the pain of being shut out of the title scene that rots your soul to the core.

Segment Approval Rating: 87

Monsoon: Bobby, you can come out now. The interview is done.

Heenan crawls out from underneath the desk.

Heenan: I was just tying my shoe Monsoon. It is not like I am scared of the Snake or anything.

Monsoon: Sure, Bobby. Anyway we have some special guest. You do remember our little bet last week about the Royal Rumble.

At this the door comes open as the Bushwhackers enter.

Luke: Don’t worry, Heenan. We wouldn’t dirty our tounges by licking your face, mate.

Heenan: Oh good.

Butch: We worked on something however. Have some sardines.

The Bushwhackers open up some sardine cans and squash them in Heenan’s face. Heenan runs out of the room to get washed out so it is a good time as any to throw it down to Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect for this next match.

The Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer) does battle with Duane Gill

Duane Gill attacks the Undertaker at the bell and gets about 20 punches off before Taker clotheslines him down. Taker chokes Gill for a few seconds. Taker picks up Gill and throws him into the corner. Taker pounds away on Duane Gill. The Undertaker scoops up Duane Gill and Tombstones him down. Taker crosses the arms across the chest to get the pin. Goodnight, Mr. Gill. Taker has a bodybag and Taker unzips the bodybag and stuffs Duane Gill with him. Taker gives Gill another Tombstone for good measure while he is in the bodybag before draping him over his shoulder and carrying him off into parts unknown.

Segment Approval Rating: 52

Match Quality:56

A brief ad advertising for the encore presentation of the Royal Rumble, tommorow night at 8:00 PM eastern time is shown

The Beverly Brothers(w/The Genius) vs Koko B. Ware and Jimmy Snuka

A new tag team of Snuka and Koko tonight are facing the Beverly Brothers. Koko starts out and fires some punches off of Blake before throwing him into the ropes for a dropkick. Koko throws Blake into the ropes and clotheslines him down. Koko dances before armdragging Blake down to the canvas. Tag to the Superfly. Snuka chops away on Blake and sends him down with a headbutt. Snuka rams Blake into the extended boot of Koko before making a tag. Koko throws Blake into the ropes and ducks the head and pays for it with a kneelift. Blake clotheslines Koko down to the canvas. Blake throttles Koko with a choke. Break at four. Blake picks up Koko and rams him into the corner and tags in Beau. The Beverlies whip Koko into the ropes and takes him down with a double back body drop.

Beau pounds away on Koko and scoops him up. Beau takes Koko down with a bodyslam. Beau climbs to the second rope and waits on Koko. Double Axehandle by Beau off the top rope sending Koko down. Beau goes for the cover but only gets two. Beau picks up Koko and rams him into the corner. Beau fires a shot across the back of the head and sends Koko into the ropes but as Beau charges in, Koko gets a double foot up to the face. Koko leaps to the second rope and crossbody off the second rope which is rolled through for two. Beau knees Koko in the gut and hiptosses him down. Beau climbs to the top rope and goes for something off the top but Koko gets the foot up to the face. Koko rolls over to the corner and tags in Superfly.

Superfly chops away on Beau as Beau falls into a take from Blake. Blake gets some chopping as well and Snuka throws Blake into the ropes and high back body drop. Snuka kneelifts Blake down and Snuka dropkicks Beau to the floor. The Genius is on the ring apron but Snuka grabs him and headbutts him. Snuka walks into a kick to the midsection but Snuka catches the foot and legsweeps the leg out from underneath Blake. Koko runs in and knocks Beau off the apron with a forearm. Koko climbs one set of ropes while Snuka climbs the other. Koko missile dropkicks Blake down and Snuka leaps off the top with the Superfly Splash on the other end to score the pin.

Winners: Koko B. Ware and Jimmy Snuka(w/The Superfly Splash on Blake)

Segment Approval Rating: 66

Crowd Reaction: 57

Match Quality: 76

We cut back to prime time studios after this match.

Monsoon: Impressive win by Koko B. Ware and Jimmy Snuka.

Heenan: Luck, Monsoon. Plain luck. They have never teamed together so no one could do their homework properly to scout for them.

Monsoon: We understand now that Jack Tunney is standing by from Titan Towers to give an announcement. Let’s go there now.

Saturday Night’s Main Event main event announced

Jack Tunney is sitting in a very plain looking office.

Tunney: Good evening fans of the World Wrestling Federation. As you may know, their will be another Saturday’s Main Event on February 15th. Instead of being on NBC like normally, it will air on FOX at 10:30 Eastern time. The main event on this night will impact the main event at Wrestlemania. Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan will team up to do battle with the Undertaker and the World Wrestling Federation Champion Jake Roberts. If Hogan or Savage get the decision in this match, they get a World Wrestling Federation Title Match at Wrestlemania. If Roberts or The Undertaker get the decision, another wrestler other then Hogan or Savage will get the title match at Mania. Thank you for your time.

Segment Approval Rating: 55

Monsoon: That should be one of the record books on the February 1992 edition of Saturday Night’s Main Event.

Heenan: I hope Hogan and Savage lose this match. I really do. That puts Ric Flair in position for a title shot so he can right the wrong of last night’s Royal Rumble.

Monsoon: Should be interesting to see what happens, althrough there are a lot of other names who could be in line for a title shot if Hogan or Savage do not get the decision in this match.

Greg Valentine vs the Barbarian(w/The Genius)

The Genius has a new charge tonight in the Barbarian. The Genius tells the camera: “The rebuilding begins tonight.” The Hammer attacks the Barbarian to start out and takes him down with a pair of elbowsmashes. The Hammer drops a knee down on the Babarian. The Hammer picks up the Barbarian and throws him into the ropes but the Barbarian reverses and squashes Valentine into the corner. The Barbarian chokes Valentine and breaks at four. The Barbarian sets the Hammer up and gutwrench suplexes him down. The Barbarian goes up top but the Hammer pounds away and climbs up. Valentine delivers a superplex as the crowd cheers. The Hammer works over the legs of the Barbarian and goes for a figure-four leglock but the Genius is on the ring apron. Valentine attacks the Genius and turns around right into the Boot of Death. The Barbarian covers Valentine to score the pin. The Genius enters the ring and raises the Barbarian’s hand.

Winner: The Barbarian(w/The Boot of Death)

Segment Approval Rating: 60

Crowd Reaction: 54

Heenan: The Genius is just a genius, Monsoon. He knows the Barbarian can be molded into a great superstar. I know it because when I managed him, he was a force in the Heenan family.

Monsoon: The Barbarian has been drifting for a few months without any direction so the Genius just snapped up his contract. The Genius has the Beverly Brothers and the Barbarian under his management now. The Genius is sneaky but he knows how to pick the superstars even through I don’t agree with his methods.

Heenan: He gets results, Monsoon. That is all.

Monsoon: Let’s go to Sean Mooney where he has is standing by with the Hulkster. Take it away Sean Mooney.

Hulk Hogan interview

Mooney: I am standing backstage with the former four time World Wrestling Federation Champion, Hulk Hogan. Hulkster, you lost out in the Rumble but if you score the decision on Saturday Night’s Main Event, you could be in line for a title shot at Wrestlemania VIII.

Hogan: Well let me tell you something, Sean Mooney. Last night that no good dirty snake, Jake Roberts, avoided being thrown over the top rope and stole the World Wrestling Federation Title from not only me but all the Hulkamaniacs. At Saturday Night’s Main Event, I do get a chance for a title shot. I am not sure about my opponent. The Macho Man is not trustworthy after he stabbed me in the back jack a few years ago. He….

Savage enters the lockeroom and gets right in Hogan’s face.

Savage: You think I am not trustworthy. That was then and this is now. I snapped Hogan. You knew that I was unstable because of my schedule as World Wrestling Federation Champion. I was walking that fine line between sanity and insanity Hogan. You pushed all the right buttons Hogan, for your own gains. You are not to be trusted Hogan. Hogan, you only pushed the buttons to get a title shot against me at Wrestlemania V. Let me make one thing clear. I do not consider you as a friend. I consider you nothing a backstabber and a manipulator who should not be trusted. Yeah, you may have done some good things. It was all for the good of only one person. Hulk Hogan. You made yourself look good. You got all these people drinking your kool-aid. Now the fans are good but they can be a little too trusting. I will tag team with you once and only once Hogan. This is for the World Wrestling Federation title shot. Don’t cross me Hogan, between now and Saturday Night’s Main Event. Don’t stick your nose in my business, brotha. I have no problems with dragging a dead tag team partner to the ring if you cross me. Oh Yeahhh!!!!

Savage walks off as Hogan looks flustered and unable to continue this interview.

Segment Approval Rating: 86

Heenan: The Megapowers aren’t getting along Monsoon and I love it. Ric Flair, Wrestlemania Title match full steam a haed.

Monsoon: I think the Mega Powers will get along long enough for one of them to get a title shot at Jake Roberts at Wrestlemania VIII.

Ted DiBiase does battle with Barry Hardy

DiBiase takes Hardy down with a hiptoss at the bell and rams a kneelift into the face of Hardy. DiBiase picks up Hardy and rams him into the buckles. DiBiase throws Hardy into the ropes and powerslams him down. DiBiase drops a fist down on Barry Hardy. DiBiase picks up Hardy and rams him into the corner. DiBiase hooks Hardy and suplexes him down to the canvas. DiBiase laughs before dropping a knee down on Hardy. DiBiase picks up Hardy and throws him into the ropes. Hardy hits hard and DiBiase clotheslines him in the corner. DiBiase lifts up Hardy and locks him in the Million Dollar Dream. Hardy is fading from the Dream and the referee does the three arm drop thing to signal the end of the match. DiBiase pulls a hundred dollar bill from his boot to stuff it in the mouth of Hardy after the match.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(w/The Million Dollar Dream)

Segment Approval Rating: 59

Crowd Reaction: 50

We cut back to the studios.

Monsoon: DiBiase scores the win tonight on Prime Time Wrestling. DiBiase is one of the possible challengers for the Interconinental Champion Bret Hart.

Heenan: Yes, DiBiase would teach the Hitman a lesson or two if they enter the ring together. On to more important matters, we have Sean Mooney standing by with the one, the only, Ric Flair. Mooney, you should be priveledged. Try not to screw up too much.

Ric Flair interview

Mooney: Ladies and Gentlemen…

Flair: SHUT UP MOONEY. Whatever you say is not important, the fact is that I have been robbed. I was going to style and profile all night long with the World Wrestling Federation Title despite drawing a number 3 ranking. I was about ready to put Hogan over the top rope for the win when Jake Roberts sneaked attacked us and captured the belt. I thought I saw him eliminated but apperently only one foot touched the floor and he hid on the ring apron before slithering in like the Snake he is, for the kill. I will be back up the rankings to take what is mine. I am the only man fit to be the World Wrestling Federation Champion. The excellence is nothing but Ric Flair. I will put down whoever Jack Tunney decides to put in my way until there is no choice over then to give me the title shot. Mooney, your time with greatness is up, as I have to formulate my strategy to get back in the title rankings.

Flair storms off, still not too happy about losing out in the Royal Rumble Match last night.

Segment Approval Rating: 96

Monsoon: Flair doesn’t seem too happy…

Heenan: Darn right, he isn’t too happy Monsoon. He should be the World Wrestling Federation Champion. He had to be in the same room with Sean Mooney. Flair will be the champion as soon as possible, mark my words.

Monsoon: Coming up next is our feature bout on Prime Time Wrestling. A losing team leaves the World Wrestling Federation match with General Adnan and Col Mustafa facing Jim Duggan and Sgt. Slaughter.

Heenan: See you later, Duggan and Slaughter. We shall not meet again.

General Adnan and Col Mustafa vs Jim Duggan and Sgt. Slaughter

This is your Prime Time Wrestling feature bout. Mustafa and Adnan attack Slaughter as he enters the ring but Duggan attacks Adnan and throws him to the floor. Duggan clotheslines Mustafa down as Duggan rolls to the floor and throws Adnan into the guardrail. Slaughter takes Mustafa down with a stomachbreaker. Duggan enters the ring and Slaughter whips Mustafa into the 3 Point Stance Clothesline from Duggan. Duggan covers as Slaughter knocks Adnan off the ring apron to get three.

Winners: Jim Duggan and Sgt. Slaughter(w/the irish whip/three point stance)

Segment Approval: 55

Crowd Reaction: 60

Match Quality: 44

Next Week: Ric Flair faces Marty Jannetty, The Nasty Boys will face The New Foundation, and Papa Shango will face The Big Boss Man. (Out of Character: A less jobberish show then this one. We promise)

Overall: 66

5.67 Rating for Prime Time Wrestling

Guest Prototype

I like the idea for the tag match at Main Event. Is Macho a heel now, or just a competitive face? I didnt like Backlund beating Hercules, but I think Snuka and Koko could be a good tag team. Cant wait for Main Event.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter for 1/27/92

Injury at TV Taping

In a TV Taping dark match, The Repo Man suffered a mild tricep strain and will be out for the rest of January and all of February. He was wrestling Randy Savage when this occurred. Savage threw Repo Man out of the ring but Repo Man’s arm got caught on the top rope and he suffered the strain. They quickly went to the finish.

House Show Cards for February

The WWF booking sheets for February house shows have these matches listed. Make of these as you will.

Snake Pit Rules: Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs the Undertaker and Jake Roberts

Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair

WWF Interconinental Title Match: Ted DiBiase vs Bret Hart©

WWF World Tag Team Title Match: The New Foundation vs the Natural Disasters©

The British Bulldog vs Irwin R. Schyster

The Barbarian(w/The Genius) vs Bob Backlund

The Bushwhackers vs the Nasty Boys

Marty Jannetty vs Skinner

The Brooklyn Brawler(subbing for the Repo Man) vs Virgil

All cards are subjected to change.

Royal Rumble Booking Decision changed at 11th hour

The original plan was for Ric Flair to win the Royal Rumble and lose the belt to Hogan at Wrestlemania but that was obviously changed. Hogan is looking to take some time off after Wrestlemania  and is said not to want to job to Flair so the belt went on Jake Roberts instead. There are several rumored plans for Wrestlemania but the official plans have been kept under tight wraps that only Vince McMahon and the wrestlers involved in the main event at Wrestlemania know about it. Rumors that 20/20 is airing a piece on steroids in Wrestling in March that could have some information that will send shockwaves through the WWF and Hogan doesn’t want to be around when a possible scandel erupts. Hogan even hinted on a recent radio interview that his days in the WWF as a full time active wrestler could be numbered.

WWF Superstars 1/25/92

Mr. Perfect and Vince McMahon are your hosts

Dean Malenko faces the Texas Tornado

Malenko grapples the Tornado down to the mat to start and spinning toe hold but the Tornado kicks him off and dropkicks him down. The Tornado fires some punches on Malenko and throws him into the ropes. The Tornado lifts Malenko up and DOWN with a high back body drop. The Tornado grabs Malenko’s legs and rocks himself back with a catapault. Tornado charges in with a knee but Malenko moves and the Tornado whacks his knee in the corner. Malenko grabs the leg and drops a pair of elbows on it. Malenko twists the knee and kneebars the leg back. The Tornado cries out in pain but gets to the ropes. Malenko picks up the Tornado and a series of shoulders to the midsection. Malenko underhooks the Tornado but the Tornado countes with a backdrop. The Tornado fires some punches across the face of Malenko. The Tornado claws Malenko. Malenko is trashing his arms but Von Erich lets go and Tornado Spin Punch sends Malenko down. The Tornado covers off of that knockout blow and gets three.

Winner: The Texas Tornado(w/The Tornado Spin Punch)

Segment Approval Rating: 66

Crowd Reaction: 51

Match Quality: 82

We cut to a video of a Native American Man, paitning his face in war paint. He puts on a head dress and picks up a stick. He starts doing a rain dance while chanting and it starts raining outside.

Coming Soon: Tatanka

The Masked Executioner vs Marty Jannetty

The Masked Executioner locks up with Marty but Marty armdrags him to the canvas. Marty dropkicks the Executioner down and stomps away on him. Marty throws the Executioner into the ropes and dropkicks him down again. Marty leaps to the second rope and drives a fist to the top of the head. Marty picks up the Masked Executioner and throws him into the ropes. Marty ducks the head and the Masked Executioner makes him pay for it with a kneelift to the face. The Masked Executioner takes Marty down with a clothesline. The Masked Executioner backs up and drives an elbow down across the throat of Marty. Marty convulses on the mat and the Masked Executioner covers him to get two. The Masked Executioner climbs to the top rope but Marty dropkicks the Masked Executioner and pulls him off the top rope. Marty backs up and delivers the Rocker Dropper. Marty rolls over the Masked One and covers him to score the pin.

Winner: Marty Jannetty(w/The Rocker Dropper)

Segment Approval: 48

Crowd Reaction: 37

Match Quality: 59

Jim Powers vs the Barbarian(w/The Genius)

Powers attacks the Barbarian at the bell and headlocks him but the Barbarian powers out and kicks Powers in the midsection before raining down on his chest with a series of forearm smashes. The Barbarian pulls Powers into a clothesline before dropping a massive elbow down across his chest. Powers holds his chest like he has cracked ribs but the Barbarian picks up Powers and backbreaker. The Barbarian holds the prone body of Powers over his knee. The Barbarian breaks the move and the Barbarian chokes Powers. One, Two, Three, Four, Break. The Barbarian picks up Powers and bearhugs him before ramming him into the corner. The Barbarian goes to headbutt Powers but Powers moves and the Barbarian hits his head on the corner. Powers hits a couple of knees to the gut before throwing the Barbarian into the ropes. Powers clotheslines the Barbarian but the Barbarian lands on his feet. Powers leaps to the second rope and cross body, no caught and powerslammed him down. The Barbarian raises his arms and bellows out to the crowd. The Barbarian picks up Powers and throws him into the ropes. The Barbarian takes Powers down with the Boot of Death. The Barbarian covers Powers hooking the leg. One, Two, Three. The Barbarian is your winner.

Winner: The Barbarian(w/The Boot of Death)

Segment Approval Rating: 55

Match Quality: 62

Ric Flair(w/Mr. Perfect) struts out to face Rob Zakowski

Bobby Heenan invites himself out to replace Perfect on commentary with this match. Flair shoves Zakowski into the corner before wooing in his face. Flair fires a series of punches to the chest of Zakowski and throws him into the ropes. Flair goes for a chop but Zakowski ducks underneath it and dropkicks Flair down. Zakowski backs up and drops an elbow down on Flair. Zakowski picks up Flair but Flair thumbs Zaowski in the eyes and double underhook. Flair takes Zakowski down to the mat with a double underhook suplex. Flair backs up and leaping kneedrop to the forehead. Rob twitches underneath the impact. Flair picks up Rob Zakowski and hooks him. Flair lifts him up and vertical suplex. Zakowski twitches on the mat. Flair goes for an elbowdrop but Zakowski moves out of the way. Zakowski goes for a spin kick but Flair ducks underneath and Flair takes the knee out from underneath Zakowski. Flair grabs the leg and kneedrops the leg. Flair wrenches the leg out before driving an elbow down across it.

Flair drapes the leg over the bottom rope and sits down on it. Flair hoists himself up before sitting down on the leg again. Flair picks up Zakowski and Flair snap mares him before driving a knee down to the chest. Flair picks up the leg and wrenches it out. Flair spins around before dropping an elbow down on the leg. Flair picks up Zakowski and hooks him. Flair takes Zakowski down with a knee crunching atomic drop and kicks his leg out from underneath him. Flair grabs the leg and goes for the Figure Four but Zakowski kicks Flair into the buckles. Flair runs right into a high back body drop. Zakowski limps around trying to get some feeling back into the leg and batters Flair with some forearm smashes. Zakowski throws Flair into the ropes and flair flip over the buckles. Zakowski catches Flair with a clothesline. Flair goes to the floor and Flair flop to the floor. Zakowski slides to the outside and catches Flair with a baseball slide. Zakowski throws Flair into the ring and Zakowski leaps to the top rope. Zakowski goes for a missile dropkick but Flair ducks and Zakowski hits his wounded right leg on the mat. Flair waits on Zakowski to get up and clips the leg out from underneath. Flair grabs the leg and Figure-Four Leglock. Zakowski is in the center and no where to go so he submits giving Flair the win.

Winner: Ric Flair(via the Figure Four Leglock)

Segment Approval: 78

Crowd Reaction: 70

Match Quality: 87

Flair refuses to break the hold after the match. The referee attempted to force Flair to break but Mr. Perfect enters the ring and punches the referee. Perfect stomps Zakowski while Flair cranks on the leg. The crowd is gets on their feet. Roddy Piper rushes out from the back! Piper enters the ring and throws Perfect to the outside and pulls Flair off by the hair, pounding away on him. Piper puts Flair in a fireman’s carry and drops him off on the floor. Piper rolls to the floor and Piper puts the Sleeperhold on Flair on the floor when sercurity comes out to break the brawl up.

Bret Hart interview

Gene Okerlund: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am with one of the most impressive technicians to come along in a long time, that being Bret “The Hitman” Hart. Bret, you have beeh having a lot of tough challengers lined up for your Interconinental Title reign.

Bret Hart: Yes indeed, Gene, there is a lot of men who want a crack at what I have. The Interconinental Title Belt is the next best thing to World Title glory so having this belt would put anyone in line for World Title shots down the road. I have a list of challengers a mile long, knocking down the door of the Excellence of Execution. One name that sticks out most of all is Ted DiBiase. Ted DiBiase is a great wrestler, much like myself. He may not be the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be, but he is good enough to warrant a title shot. The problem is, money did not buy this title. He has the Million Dollar Belt which is nothing but a sham of a title. It is not officially recognized which this belt is. It is nothing but a vanity piece as he rarely defends the belt. To be a true champion, you must defend the belt week after week against some of the best wrestlers in the world. I am offering DiBiase to put up or shut up. I am offering him a chance at this belt on Saturday’s Nights Main Event on February 15th. We will find out how good he is.

Okerlund: All right, Hitman, thank you for your time and it should be interesting to see if Ted DiBiase accepts the challenge that you laid down.

Segment Approval Rating: 84

”The Model” Rick Martel vs The British Bulldog

Lock up and Bulldog shoves Martel into the corner before flexing. Bulldog pounds some forearms across the chest of Martel before pulling him into a clothesline. Bulldog drops an elbow down across the chest of Martel. Bulldog picks up Martel and snap mares him down. Martel begs off but the Bulldog isn’t having any of that. Bulldog hoists Martel over his head and Gorilla Press Slam, throwing him to the canvas. Martel rolls to the floor, clutching his back. Bulldog follows Martel and headfirst ram into the ring apron. Bulldog throws Martel into the ring but as Bulldog rolls in, Martel blasts him with a kick to the face. Martel picks up Bulldog and rams a shoulder into the ribs in the corner. Martel slaps Bulldog across the chest. Martel snap mares Bulldog and goes right into a chinlock. The crowd is chanting for the Bulldog but Martel puts his feet on the ropes behind the back of the referee. Martel breaks the move.

Martel pulls Bulldog up and chops him across the chest. Martel double underhooks Bulldog and twitching double underhook suplex. Model poses before driving the knee down across the chest of the Bulldog. Martel covers but only gets two. Martel picks up Bulldog and Martel hooks Bulldog and takes him over with a gutwrench suplex. Martel climbs to the top rope. Martel leaps off the top…right into a dropkick from the Bulldog. Bulldog grabs Martel and rams him headfirst into the buckle multiple times. Bulldog throws Martel into the ropes and Martel ducks the head and Bulldog goes over with a sunset flip. Two Count. Martel thumbs the Bulldog in the eye and Martel grabs the Bulldog. Martel drives the Bulldog down with a backbreaker. Martel hooks the legs and turns him over with the Boston Crab. Martel is sitting back on the back. Looking for a submission.

The crowd chants: “Let’s go, Bulldog. Let’s Go”. Bulldog is crawling towards the ropes and he makes it. Martel breaks the hold at four. Martel picks up the Bulldog and throws him into the corner. Martel charges in but gets a boot. Bulldog delivers an elbow smash knocking down Martel. Bulldog picks up Martel and Bulldog hooks Martel. Bulldog hoists up Martel and holds him up. Martel goes crashing down to the mat with a delayed vertical suplex. Bulldog flexes his arms before picking up Martel. Bulldog scoops up Martel and takes a running start. Bulldog drives Martel into the mat with the Running Powerslam. Cover. Count. Victory for the Bulldog.

Winner: The British Bulldog(w/The Running Powerslam)

Crowd Reaction: 63

Next Week: The Bushwhackers, El Matador, Skinner vs Virgil, and Hulk Hogan vs Hercules. See you then.

Overall: 65

Superstars got a 3.45 Rating

Edited by MattHarms

WWF Wrestling Challenge 1/26/92

Iron Mike Sharpe vs Bob Backlund

Backlund wants a handshake to start but Sharpe spits in his face. They lock up and Backlund delivers a waistlock takedown before riding Sharpe into a front facelock. Sharpe powers out and Backlund delivers a headlock takedown. Backlund works the headlock but Sharpe is in the ropes so Backlund does a clean break. Sharpe cheapshots Backlund, knocking him down with a clothesline. Sharpe winds up and drops an elbow down across the chest of Backlund. Sharpe picks up Backlund and kicks him in the midsection. Sharpe goes for another kick but Backlund sweeps the leg out from underneath Sharpe. Backlund grabs Sharpe and hammerlocks him before forcing him down to the canvas. Backlund rolls Sharpe and gets a two count while in the hammerlock. Backlund throws Sharpe into the ropes. Backlund charges in but Sharpe gets both feet up, rolls up Backlund, pulls the tights, and uses the ropes but only gets a two count before the referee catches him. The referee admoshes Sharpe and Backlund grabs Sharpe from behind and drives him down with the Atomic Drop. Sharpe goes down to the canvas in shock as Backlund covers him hooking the leg and gets three. Bob Backlund wins.

Winner: Bob Backlund(w/The Atomic Drop)

Segment Approval Rating: 61

Match Quality: 73

Ted DiBiase interview

Lord Alfred Hayes is standing by with Ted DiBiase.

Hayes:Ladies and Gentlemen, I am standing by backstage with the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase. Mr. DiBiase, there have been some comments executed against you by one Bret Hart. Your thoughts on the matter.

DiBiase: I heard his comments Hayes. The fact of the matter is this. Bret Hart is nothing but a middle class working man. He is way below my interest. The only reason why I would waste my time with him as that he has something I want. Yes, Lord Hayes, I may have the money, but a piece of gold is the sure way to get these bums in the crowd to recognize me. Remember, Bret, everyone has a price for the Million Dollar Man. I could buy someone to get the belt off of you, lay down for me in a match, and I won’t even have to bother you. Money, Bret. You can have all the wrestling ability in the world but it won’t mean anything against the cash flow of the Million Dollar Man. This interview is over.

Segment Approval Rating: 93

Chris Walker and The Lightning Kid vs the Nasty Boys(w/Jimmy Hart)

Hype for the New Foundation vs the Nasty Boys on Prime Time this week as the Nasty Boys make their entrance. Knobbs starts out against Walker and Knobbs forces Walker in the corner and pounds away on him with punches. Knobbs throws Walker into the ropes and clotheslines him down. Knobbs picks up Walker and hoists him over his head in a Gorilla Press before dropping him facefirst down on the corner. Knobbs backs up and squashes Walker with an avalance. Knobbs chokes Walker with his boot in the corner and breaks on four. Saggs gets tagged in and both Nasty Boys pick up Walker onto to throw him into the corner. The Nasty Boys deliver a double clothesline in the corner. Saggs grabs Walker by the throat and shoves him into the corner before ramming an elbow into the chest. Saggs picks up Walker and drives him down with a backbreaker. Saggs drops a knee down on Walker as Jimmy Hart shouts encouragement through the microphone.

Saggs picks Walker up and rubs his face in his armpit. Saggs hooks Walker and hoists him up. Saggs throws Walker to the mat with a face first suplex. Saggs drops a leg down across the back of the head of Walker. Saggs picks up Walker and Saggs hoists him over his head in a Gorilla Press before dropping him throat first on the ropes with a hotshot. Saggs picks up Walker and Saggs hooks Walker before driving him down with a belly to back suplex. Saggs makes the tag to Knobbs. Knobbs kneels down and rubs his armpit into the face of Walker. Walker rolls over, gagging. Knobbs lifts Walker up and throws him into the corner. Knobbs charges in but Walker moves and makes the tag to the Lightning Kid. The Lightning Kid dropkicks Knobbs down. The Kid rushes down the apron and knocks Saggs off with a forearm smash. The Lighting Kid delivers a spinning heel kick and covers Knobbs but only gets two. We could be moments away from a major upset. The Kid goes for a kick but Knobbs blocks it and the Kid pops up with a kick to the back of the head.

The Lightning Kid leaps to the top rope and leaps off with a twisting cross body press. Kid has Knobbs covered but only gets a two and a half count when Saggs breaks up the cover. The Lightning Kid pops Saggs with a spin kick as well taking him down. Jimmy Hart is up on the ring apron and the Lighting Kid dropkicks Jimmy Hart off and the Mouth of the South goes flying into the guardrail. The Kid turns around, right into a powerslam from Knobbs. Saggs is up on the second rope and he drops an elbow down across the chest of the Kid. Knobbs covers the Kid and gets three. The Nasty Boys win this match thanks to a distraction from Jimmy Hart.

Winners: The Nasty Boys(w/the powerslam/Nasty Elbow combo)

Segment Approval Rating: 67

Crowd Reaction: 50

Match Quality: 85

The Funeral Parlor w/Special Guest: The World Wrestling Federation Champion Jake Roberts

Paul Bearer is standing in a backstage set with coffins and tombstone.

Bearer: Oh yesss. Welcome to another addition of your favorite supernatural talk show, the funeral parlord. We have a very special guest tonight, The World Wrestling Federation Champion himself, Jake “The Snake” Roberts.

Jake Roberts walks up the set in a gray three piece suit. He shakes has with Paul Bearer and sets the World Wrestling Federation title belt down on a nearby coffin.

Roberts: It is a pleasure being here, Paul.

Bearer: Mr. Roberts, you just won the World Wrestling Federation title a week ago at the Royal Rumble. On Saturday Night’s Main Event you will team up with my Undertaker to face Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage.

Roberts: Aw yes. If Hogan or Savage get the decision, they get the title shot at Wrestlemania. If they don’t, it goes to someone else. Providing that Hogan and Savage can stop bickering at each other long enough to team up. Their union is a shaky one at best, Paul Bearer. Both men want what I have and they have to team up to get it. Myself and the Undertaker, are a solid tag team. We have many things in common. We have both been World Wrestling Federation Champion. We both have two of the most deadly finishers in the WWF today. We both are things that go bump in the night. The only thing Hogan and Savage have in common is that they bicker at each other. Fate has a fickle way of teaming up two men who can’t stand each other. Trust me, I will pin either Hogan or Savage and erase both of their chances of ever getting a chance at my World Wrestling Federation Title in one fell swoop. Hopefully they put up just a little bit of a fight, enough to be entertaining.

Bearer: Thank you for your time, Mr. Roberts. Next week I will have Hulk Hogan on the funeral parlor, to offer a counterpoint on what was said.

Roberts picks up the belt and leaves as the crowd in the arena boos.

Segment Approval Rating: 83

Kato vs Sid Justice

No Mr. Fuji with Kato, because Mr. Fuji has left the Orient Express to focus full time on the career of the Berzerker. Kato attacks Sid at the bell but this goes about as well as you would expect as Sid blasts him down with a clothesline. Sid blasts Kato with some forearm smashes before hooking him in a side waistlock and bringing him down with a side suplex. Sid gets up and delivers an elbowdrop to Kato. Sid picks up Kato and grabs him by the throat. Sid drives Kato down with the Choke Slam. Sid picks up Kato and puts him in a standing headscissors. Sid lifts up Kato and nearly drives Kato down on his head with the Power Bomb. Sid covers and gets three.

Winner: Sid Justice(w/The Power Bomb)

Crowd Reaction: 66

Match Quality: 72

The Masked Executioner vs the Big Boss Man

Boss Man goes after the Executioner to start, pounding him with uppercuts. Boss Man throws him into the ropes and takes him down with a shoulderblock. Boss Man drops an elbow down across the chest. Boss Man lifts The Masked One up and uppercuts him down. The Boss Man drapes the Executioner over the middle rope, choking him. Boss Man baseball slides to the outside and catches the Masked Executioner with an uppercut to the chin. The Boss Man grabs The Executioner and throws him into the ropes. The Boss Man delivers a spinebuster slam. The Boss Man picks up the Executioner and throws him into the ropes. Boss Man Slam snaps the Executioner down and the Big Boss Man hooks the leg to score the three.

Winner: The Big Boss Man(w/The Boss Man Slam)

Segment Approval Rating: 48

Crowd Reaction: 38

Match Quality: 58

Haku vs Randy Savage

This is your Wrestling Challenge Feature Bout. Cheers for the Macho Man to start. Haku and Savage lock up and Savage muscles Haku into the corner and jabs away at him. Savage goes for a haymaker shot but Haku moves. Haku goes for a thrust to the throat in the corner but Savage moves and leaping knee to the face of Haku. Savage throws Haku into the ropes and Savage clotheslines Haku down. Haku rolls to the floor and Savage rolls to the outside and jumps Haku before throwing him into the guardrail. Savage throws Haku into the rope and climbs to the top rope. Savage leaps down onto Haku with a double axe handle chop to the head. Cover from Macho gets two. Savage waits on Haku. Savage goes for a clothesline but Haku ducks and Haku thrusts Savage in the throat. Savage falls back, clutching his windpipe. Haku chokes Savage but breaks at four.

Haku pounds a forearm over the head on Savage. Haku winds Savage up and forearm across the chest. Haku snap mares Savage and nerve pinch. Haku is working over the Macho Man but Savage gets to his feet and fires some elbows to the chest of Haku but Haku forces Savage back down to the mat. Haku waits on Savage and Haku wastes Savage with a vicious Thrust Kick. Savage is down on the canvas with his eyes glazed over and Haku drags him to the center of the ring and covers him hooking the leg but only gets two and a half. Haku picks up Savage and Haku chops away on Savage before hoisting him up and delivering a backbreaker. Haku climbs to the top rope. Haku is up top and he is poised. Haku leaps off but he misses a splash as the Macho Man rolls out of the way of the impact.

Haku staggers up and Savage punches away at Haku before running him over with a clothesline. Haku rolls to the floor and Savage leaps at Haku with a cross body all the way to the floor. Savage pounds away on Haku with punches and rams him headfirst into the ringpost but Savage forgot Samoans have hard heads so Haku headbutts Savage down. Haku breaks the count and Savage is on the floor from that headbutt, out cold perhaps. The crowd is booing about something. Jake Roberts is at ringside wearing the same gray suit he was wearing earlier. Haku has the referee distracted while Jake Roberts grabs Savage and throws him into the ringpost before throwing him into the ring. Haku measures Savage and THRUST KICK. Haku covers Savage again but Savage draps the foot over the ropes at 2 and 3/4ths.

Haku goes for another Thrust Kick but Savage ducks underneath and rolls up Haku for the pin.

Winner: Randy Savage(w/ a roll up)

Crowd Reaction: 69

Jake Roberts enters the ring and has the WWF World Title Belt. Roberts has just whacked Savage across the back of the head with the belt. Savage didn’t even see Roberts attack him. The crowd is cheering about something. Hulk Hogan runs from the back. Hogan enters the ring and pounds away on Roberts before sending him to the floor. Savage is up, holding his head and he sees Hogan in the ring. Savage rushes at Hogan and PUNCHES HIM DOWN. Savage has just knocked Hogan down with a punch and Savage leaps on Hogan choking him. Roberts backs up the aisle with an evil smirk on his face. Savage didn’t see Roberts attack him on both occasions so Savage thinks that Hogan attacked him. Referees managed to pull a crazed Randy Savage off as Hogan has been choked out by Savage. How in the hell can these two trust each other on Saturday Night’s Main Event after Savage thought Hogan attacked him and Savage choked Hogan out? See you on Prime Time Wrestling.

Next Week: Hulk Hogan on the Funeral Parlor, The Berzerker, WWF Tag Team Champions the Natural Disasters, Bob Backlund, and Virgil vs Ted DiBiase.

Overall: 67

Wrestling Challenge got a 4.19 Rating