World Wrestling Federation 1992

MattHarms

Guest Prototype

Cool to see Jake playing games with Macho and Hogan. You play their characters realistically. I think it would be cool to see Jake beat Macho and Hogan, only to have Taker ask for the title shot. Or a Hogan/Jake/Macho Triple Threat.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Prime Time Wrestling 1/27/92

We cut to Prime Time Studios where Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon are standing by.

Monsoon: Welcome to another edition of Prime Time Wrestling…

Heenan:Yes, Monsoon. Welcome to a very special edition of Prime Time Wrestling. Special as in, Ric Flair will be in action tonight. Flair will take that 1960s reject Marty Jannetty to school tonight.

Monsoon: We also have the Prime Time Wrestling debut of a new star but more on that later. Let’s take it to our first match tonight.

Papa Shango vs the Big Boss Man

Both men are in the ring to start this match. The bell rings and they lock up. Boss Man pounds away at Shango and throws him into the ropes and knocks him down with a shoulder block. Shango rolls to the outside and takes a walk around the ring. Shango enters the ring and grabs the Boss Man before pulling him into a shot to the gut. Shango backs up and Shango delivers a kick to the gut. The announcers(Vince McMahon and Lord Alfred Hayes tonight, because Mr. Perfect is preparing to manage Ric Flair) say that Shango is well versed in martial arts as well as the art of voodoo. Shango chops away at the Boss Man and throws him into the corner. Shango charges into the corner but the foot gets up and Boss Man tags Shango across the face with an uppercut. Boss Man chokes Shango across the middle rope and backs up. Boss Man straddle stunning Shango. Boss Man slides to the outside and stiff uppercut to Papa Shango.

Boss Man measures Shango before driving an elbow drop down across the gut. Boss Man picks Shango and throws him into the ropes. Boss Man drops his head and pays for it with a knee to the chest. Shango grabs Boss Man by the throat and throttles him. Shango thrusts his hand towards Boss Man’s chest and Boss Man doubles over in pain. The power of voodoo from Papa Shango. Shango hooks the Boss Man and gutwrench suplex. Shango goes straight to the chin lock on the Big Boss Man. After about 30 seconds, Boss Man fights his way up and elbows to the gut. Boss Man delivers a dropkick taking Shango down. The announcers marvel at the agility of the big man. Boss Man pounds away on Shango and throws him into the ropes. Boss Man runs Shango over with a clothesline. Shango crawls towards the corner but Boss Man drops a knee to the back of the head. Boss Man lifts Shango up and throws him into the rope. Boss Man boots Shango in the face and Shango falls backwards.

Boss Man backs up and big splash to Shango, deflating Shango underneath the mass of the Big Boss Man. Boss Man covers but only gets two. Boss Man lifts up Shango and fires some punches but the referee pulls him off. Shango grabs the voodoo stick from the ring apron. SHANGO SHOOTS SPARKS INTO THE CHEST OF THE BIG BOSS MAN. Boss Man falls back like he was shot by a gun. Shango throws the stick to the floor and scores the pin.

Winner: Papa Shango(after using the voodoo stick)

Segment Approval Rating: 58

Crowd Reaction: 66

Match Quality: 66

We cut back to Prime Time Studios.

Heenan: Papa Shango scores a great victory. I must say, he took the Boss Man down. Now if he can only use that voodoo stick on Boss Man’s mother, althrough that might not be the first time someone has used a stick on her.

Monsoon: You are the fountain of misinformation Brain. We have a Prime Time Wrestling Exclusive…

Heenan: Dum, Dum, Da-Dum

Monsoon: Sean Mooney is standing by with Irwin R. Schyster. Take it away Sean.

IRS interview

Mooneny: I am here with one of the most hated men in the World Wrestling Federation, Irwin R. Schyster. Irwin…

IRS: Don’t you dare call me Irwin, Sean Mooney. The name is I.R.S. You want to know why I am the most hated man in the World Wrestling Federation. I shall tell you why. All of you fans are nothing but a bunch of tax cheats. You don’t pay for taxes and that disgusts me quite frankly. One of the biggest tax cheats is my opponent when the WWF returns to Madison Square Garden this weekend, that being Virgil. It is bad enough that Virgil is a street thug without any culture, but he doesn’t pay his taxes, so I am going to give him a personal audit in Madison Square Garden. In fact, Sean Mooney, I have on good authority that you cheated on your taxes last year. Well I am about to give you a personal audit…

IRS shoves Mooney to the ground and rips his wallet out of his pocket. IRS opens the wallet and takes out about 13 one dollar bills.

IRS: That’s all the money you have, Mooney. No wonder you shop for your clothing at K-Mart. Well I will be back, and you will learn to pay your taxes in full. You have not seen the last of I.R.S.

IRS throws the now empty wallet at Mooney’s feet.

Segment Approval Rating: 63

Heenan: That was great. I never did like that Sean Mooney. I.R.S showed him that he should pay is taxes.

Monsoon: Brain, you are something else. Anyway we have Ted DiBiase in the ring next in action on PTW.

Rob Zakowski vs Ted DiBiase

DiBiase taunts Zakowski with the Million Dollar Belt which is not on the line. DiBiase has challenged Bret Hart to put the Interconinental Title on the line at some point in the future and it should be interesting to see that match. DiBiase takes Zakowski down to the mat and works a headlock but Zakowski fights up and shoves DiBiase out. Zakowski leg lariats DiBiase down. Zakowski backs off and delivers a dropkick sending Ted DiBiase staggering backwards. DiBiase rolls to the floor as Zakowski plays to the crowd in the ring. The Million Dollar Man enters the ring and locks up with Zakowski before pulling him into a clothesline. DiBiase picks up Zakowski and throws him into the ropes. Back Elbowsmash sends Zakowski to the mat. DiBiase measures Zakowski and drops a fistdrop down on Zakowski. DiBiase picks up Zakowski and hooks him from behind. DiBiase brings down Zakowski with an atomic drop before thumping him across the back of the head with an elbow smash.

DiBiase picks up Zakowski and delivers a backbreaker to Zakowski. DiBiase measures Zakowski and drops an elbow down across the chest. DiBiase throws Zakowsk into the ropes and clotheslines him into the corner. DiBiase delivers a fireman’s carry to Zakowski. DiBiase delivers a fistdrop to Zakowski. DiBiase picks up Zakowski and DiBiase shoulderblocks Zakowski into the corner. DiBiase hooks Zakowski and lifts him up, before driving him down with a vertical suplex. DiBiase raises his arms in the air. DiBiase climbs up to the top rope. DiBiase is pearched on the top rope and he leaps off but hits the extended foot of Zakowski. DiBiase flops backwards onto the canvas.

Zakowski is up and he fires some chops to The Million Dollar Man. Zakowski goes for a kick but DiBiase catches it and Zakowski counters that by sweeping the leg of DiBiase out from underneath him. Zakowski dropkicks DiBiase down to the canvas. Zakowski picks up DiBiase and a series of head smashes into the buckle. Zakowski throws DiBiase into the ropes and high back body drop. Zakowski delivers a spinning heel kick. We could be on the verge of a major upset but Zakowski only gets two off of that one. Zakowski goes to the top rope. Zakowski is perched but he misses a top rope splash to DiBiase. DiBiase grabs Zakowski and locks him in the Million Dollar Dream. DiBiase forces Zakowski done and Zakowski has passed out, the referee awards the match to the Million Dollar Man. After the match, DiBiase stuffs a one hundred dollar bill in the mouth of Zakowski.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(w/The Million Dollar Dream)

Segment Approval Rating: 65

Crowd Reaction: 63

Match Quality: 83

Monsoon: Impressive performance from the rookie Rob Zakowski in that match but in the end the wily veteran, Ted DiBiase showed him up.

Heenan: That ham-en-egger never had a chance. DiBiase is kind enough to let him think that he might have a chance before squashing all of his hopes and dreams.

Monsoon: DiBiase is on a roll and he could very well keep it up if he beats his former bodyguard Virgil this weekend on Superstars of Wrestling.

Heenan: I am very confident of Mr. DiBiase’s abilities to take care of his ungrateful former bodyguard. DiBiase gave Virgil the power and the glory, but Virgil threw it all the away for his foolish pride.

Monsoon: Virgil is a lot better off then he was when he was DiBiase’s bodyguard. He was the Million Dollar Champion and he beat The Million Dollar Man back at Summerslam. Virgil is an impressive young man and knows how to wrestle.

Heenan: If you call barroom brawling, wrestling, Monsoon.

An ad for Saturday Night’s Main Event is showed. Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs Jake Roberts and the Undertaker is the only match mentioned

The Brooklyn Brawler vs The British Bulldog

Brawler went for the test of strength but Bulldog over powers him in the corner. Bulldog runs him over with a clothesline and hoists the Brawler over his head with a Gorilla Press Slam. Brawler runs to the floor and takes a walk around the ring. Bulldog grabs Brawler as he enters the ring and pounds him with punches. Bulldog slams the Brawler down and drops a knee down across the chest of the Brooklyn Brawler to get two. Bulldog picks up Brawler and double axe handle to the back. Bulldog throws Brawler into the corner but the Brawler gets the foot up to the face. Brawler leaps to the second rope but Bulldog catches the Brawler out of the air and powerslams him down to the canvas. Bulldog picks up the Brawler and Running Powerslam. Bulldog covers the Brooklyn Brawler and scores the pin.

Winner: The British Bulldog(w/The Running Powerslam)

Segment Approval Rating: 55

Crowd Reaction: 54

Match Quality: 71

Randy Savage interview

Mean Gene Okerlund is backstage with Randy Savage.

Mean Gene: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am with a former World Wrestling Federation Champion, Randy “Macho Man” Savage. Macho Man, you will have to team up with Hulk Hogan and score the pin on either Jake Roberts or the Undertaker if you are to get another WWF World Title Shot. Your thoughts on this matter?

Savage: Gene, let me tell you something. Something smells very fishy to the Macho Man. This sounds like a set-up. Hulk Hogan, I have little reason to trust him and on the same plane of insanity, Hogan has very little reason to trust me. Hogan, you make one false move on Saturday Night’s Main Event and be prepared to get taken down by the Madness. I am prepared to expect the unexpected but I have reason to expect that this could be a three on one set-up. I hate Jake Roberts with a passion Hogan, before you even came into the picture. You only started caring about the issue when he got his evil hands on the championship of the world. That is all you care about, Hogan. The gold. That is what drove the Mega Powers apart in the first place. Or is that what you want? You better not be setting me up for a three on one beating Hogan. You will not live to manipulate another person Hogan, if you do. You try to be buddies with guys who are mostly threats to your sacred spot. I have little reason to doubt that you will do the same with Jake Roberts and the Undertaker if it gets you closer to the championship. Remember this Hogan. Double cross me, stab me in the back, and I will snap your neck like a Slim Jim. Ohhh yeahhhh!!!!

Savage storms out of the interview area looking psycotic.

Segment Approval Rating: 97

Bobby Heenan starts making cookoo noises after the Macho Man’s interview.

Monsoon: Will you stop, Brain!

Heenan: I am only telling the truth Monsoon, like a good broadcast journalist would. The Macho Man’s elevator does not go all the way to the top. He is a few bricks short of an entire house. His driveway doesn’t go all the way to the house. To put it simply, he is totally crazy and if I was Hogan, and thankfully I am not, I would be very worried that the Macho Man would fly off the handle if Hogan looks at him cross eyed.

Monsoon: You may be on the right track, Brain. Savage did choke out Hogan at the end of Wrestling Challenge yesterday when he thought Hogan attacked him when Jake Roberts in reality did.

Heenan: Of course I’m right, Monsoon. I am the Brain. I do believe we have a Prime Time Wrestling Debut to take care of so let’s take it down to ringside for this new superstar.

PTW Debut:

Bob Bradley goes one on one with Tatanka

Tatanka does a war dance to start out and puts his head dress and beads on the ring apron before the bell rings kicking off this match. Bradley attacks Tatanka but Tatanka chops away on Bradley and delivers a stiff Tomahawk chop sending Bradley to the floor. Bradley exits the ring and Tatanka goes after him and throws him into the ring. Tatanka reenters the ring and this allows Bradley to stomp him. The announcers chalk this up a rookie mistake on the part of Tatanka. Bradley throws Tatanka into the ropes and charges into the corner but the Tatanka gets a foot up to the face. Tatanka delivers a dropkick taking Bob Bradley down to the canvas. Tatanka does another Indian War Dance before winding up and blasting Bradley with a Tomahawk chop. Tatanka climbs to the top rope and cross body to Bradley. Tatanka scores the pin to win this match.

Winner: Tatanka(w/ a cross body press)

Segment Approval Rating: 39

Crowd Reaction: 33

Match Quality: 55

After the next set of commercials, the camera fades to an island. There are a couple of pineapples lying on the table and a tall muscular man with brownish blond hair, a tie-dye t-shirt, and blue jeans with sandles enters the picture.

Man: This is a good day for some pineapple juice if I may say so myself.

The man picks up the pineapple and squeezes it with his hands over a wooden glass in an amazing bit of power, causing the pineapple juice to pour out of the glass. The man picks up the glass and takes a drink before pausing.

Man: This tastes good, but the taste will be twice as good once I enter the World Wrestling Federation. This pineapple will be the skull of anyone who gets in my way. The Million Dollar Man, I.R.S, The Berzerker, even the World Wrestling Federation Champion Jake Roberts. Everyone will feel the power of Crush.

Coming Soon: Kona Crush

Segment Approval Rating: 54

The New Foundation faces off against the Nasty Boys(w/Jimmy Hart)

The Anvil starts out against Brian Knobbs. They trade punches like two big bulls before Anvil runs Knobbs over with a clothesline. The Anvil backs up and takes Knobbs down with a dropkick. The Anvil grabs Knobbs and a series of headsmashes into the corner before he tags in the Rocket. The Rocket throws Knobbs into the ropes and dropkicks Knobbs down. The Rocket backs up and leaping elbow smash to Knobbs. The Rocket poses and waits for Knobbs to get up. The Rocket delivers a slick spin kick before going for the cover and only getting two. The Rocket pounds away on Knobbs with some forearms and delivers an European Uppercut before throwing Knobbs into the ropes. Rocket dropkicks Knobbs down to the canvas. Rocket covers Knobbs hooking the leg. Two Count only.

The Rocket delivers a series of kicks before floating over and delivering a Russian Legsweep to Knobbs. The Rocket goes for the cover but gets two. The Rocket throws Knobbs into the ropes but the Rocket gets thrown into the corner on a reversal. Knobbs charges in and squashes the Rocket in the corner with an avalanche. Knobbs tags in Saggs and the Nasty Boys whip the Rocket into the ropes and smoke him down with a double flapjack. Saggs drops a leg down across the back of the head of the Rocket before going for the cover and getting two. Saggs lifts up the Rocket and drops him facefirst on the top rope. Saggs squashes The Rocket in the corner with a forearm smash to the back of the head. Saggs picks up the Rocket and stiff front slam nearly driving the Rocket through the canvas.

Saggs tags Knobbs in and Knobbs grabs the Rocket. Knobbs rubs the Rocket’s face into his armpit. The Rocket is disgusted and Knobbs throws the Rocket into the ropes and Knobbs runs inot the Rocket like a freight train. Knobbs climbs to the second rope and huge splash, squashing the Rocket. Knobbs covers but only gets two. Knobbs picks up the Rocket again and Knobbs delivers a huge side slam, causing the Rocket to go get driven into the canvas. Knobbs lifts up the Rocket again and headbutts him, causing his legs to buckle.

Knobbs lifts up the Rocket for an attempted running powerslam but the Rocket shoves off and sends Knobbs into the buckles. The Rocket delivers a headscissors takeover to Knobbs taking him down before rolling towards the corner. The Rocket must make the tag to the Anvil. The Rocket goes for the tag but Saggs enters the ring and distracts the referee. Tag to the Anvil but the referee didn’t see it and the Anvil pounds away on Knobbs and the referee is putting the Anvil back into the corner causing The Nasty Boys to double team the Rocket in the corner. Saggs enters the ring and hoists up the Rocket on his shoulder before driving him down with a stomachbreaker. Saggs drops an elbow down on the chest of the Rocket and covers but only gets two.

Saggs lifts up the Rocket and lifts him for a power bomb but the Rocket punches away on Saggs and slides down with a sunset flip. Saggs goes for a sitdown but the Rocket shoots out of the way and tags in the Anvil. The Anvil enters the ring and fires some punches on Saggs before running across the ring and knocking Knobbs off the ring apron with a forearm smash. Anvil rushes into Saggs and shoulderblocks him down. Anvil lifts up Saggs and throws him into the corner. Anvil charges in with a headbutt to the gut. Anvil powerslams Saggs down to the canvas. Cover but Knobbs breaks up the pin. The Rocket enters the ring and dropkicks Knobbs to the floor. The Rocket takes a running start and leaps onto Knobbs with a cross body to the floor. Vince McMahon says that he has never seen anything like that before. Vince should get out more often. Jimmy Hart throws the megaphone in but Anvil intercepts it and brains Saggs with the megaphone and scores the pin.

Winners: The New Foundation(after using the Megaphone)

Segment Approval Rating: 67

Match Quality: 87

The New Foundation celebrate the win but the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions the Natural Disasters wander out and stare down the New Foundation from the aisle. A possible tag team title match between these two teams is talked about by the announcers.

Ric Flair interview

Sean Mooney: I am backstage….

Mr. Perfect:Mooney, you are not needed here. We will show you how to do an interview with the champ as only I can. That being perfectly.

Mooney leaves in a huff.

Perfect: Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a treat for you that I am sure is going to enlighten your lives. I am standing by with the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. Mr. Flair, you will go one on one with Marty Jannetty in a few moments but that is not important. What is important is that Roddy Piper stuck his nose in your business over the weekend.

Flair: Hot Rod, you really want to raise the ire of the greatest of all time. The Nature Boy. Piper, I am warning you, pal. I am going to make a name for myself and use everybody I can as an example of why I should get a World Wrestling Federation Title Shot. Stay out of my way, Hot Rod. I will style and profile all over you and leave you in the ring, you skirt wearing punk. Woo!!! You do not want to deal with the wheeling, dealing, limosine riding, jet flying, kiss stealing, son of a gun, Piper. I can last with the best of then. Marty Jannetty, you have just earned yourself a one way ticket to the biggest match in your life. Now it is time that we go to school.

Perfect: There you have it folks. Piper, stay away and let the man do his business.

Segment Approval Rating: 96

Marty Jannetty goes one on one with Ric Flair

Flair pulls back on a handshake and Marty throws Flair into the ropes and dropkicks him down. Marty delivers a hiptoss on Flair and Marty throws the dirtiest player in the game into the ropes and clotheslines him down. Marty lifts up Flair but Flair thumbs in him the eye. Flair throws Marty into the corner and lays into him with chop after chop. Flair whips Marty into the ropes and knee to the gut. Flair goes behind on Marty and Flair delivers a belly to back suplex taking Marty down. Flair struts around but he misses an elbow drop on Marty. Marty blasts Flair with a series of punches and throws him into the corner. Marty charges in but Flair moves. Flair clips the knee out from underneath Jannetty.

Flair stomps away on the leg and Flair grabs the leg and fires a kick to the back of it. Flair pulls Marty over to the ropes and Flair drapes the leg of Marty over the bottom rope. Flair lifts himself up and drops down on the leg of Marty. Flair lifts himself up again and drops down on the leg of Marty. Flair picks up Marty and holds out the leg, firing some kicks to it. Flair hoists up Marty and drives him down on the leg with a knee crunching atomic drop. Flair pulls the leg out and rams his knee into the back of it. Flair sets it on the canvas and drops a kneedrop to it. Flair picks up Marty and uppercut to the jaw before setting Marty up. Flair lifts Marty up and vertical suplex taking him down to the mat. Flair goes for the Figure-Four Leglock but Marty kicks Flair off.

Flair stomps away on Marty and Flair heads up top but Marty catches Flair and slams him off the top rope. Marty limps around on the leg attempting to get some life back in it. Marty punches away on Flair and throws him into the buckles. Flair does a Flair Flip over the buckles and lands on the apron. Marty delivers a clothesline knocking Flair down and Flair is on the outside and takes a couple of steps forward, before flopping facefirst onto the arena floor. Marty slides to the outside and throws Flair into the ring. Marty measures Flair and takes him down with a superkick. Marty covers Flair and hooks the leg. Two count only. Marty sizes of Flair and goes for the Rocker Dropper but Flair moves and Marty crashes leg first onto the canvas. Flair grabs the leg of Marty and wrenches out the leg before delivering the Figure-Four Leglock. Marty is in the dead center in the ring and has no place to go, so he submits.

Winner: Ric Flair(w/The Figure Four Leglock)

Segment Approval Rating: 71

Crowd Reaction: 80

Match Quality: 77

Perfect pulls the referee out of the ring and throws him into the guardrail as Flair refuses to break the hold. Perfect enters the ring and chokes Marty Jannetty with his tie while the figure four is locked on. The crowd cheers. THE HOT ROD RUNS OUT. Piper is out from the back and Piper clotheslines Perfect, causing him to do the 360 sell off of it. Piper pulls Flair off and Piper throws Flair to the floor. Piper parades around the ring before grabbing the microphone.

Piper: Flair, you think you are the greatest of all time. Don’t you. Well keeping the Figure Four Leglock on and trying to cripple all these wrestlers isn’t exactly proving that theory. All it proves is that you are a bully and you need to be taken down a peg. There is only one man crazy enough to go toe to toe with you, Nature Boy, and that is, The Hot Rod. Saturday Night’s Main Event, Flair, we shall dance. You want a fight. You want to make a name for yourself? Well I will give you your fight and a chance to make a name for yourself.

Flair looks incensed as he is yelling at Piper. Flair is given a microphone.

Flair: Piper, you want to go one on one with Ric Flair, after I warned you to stay out of my way. You got your wish. You got your match. Saturday Night’s Main Event. Be there, Piper.

The Match is out for SNME. Ric Flair vs the Hot Rod. Let’s kick it to Prime Time Studios for the end of this show.

Monsoon: We shall see how good Ric Flair is when he faces one of the craftiest men in the World Wrestling Federation.

Heenan: I know Flair can win but I fear for Flair. Piper is a nut. Plain and simple. He will not hesistate to gain the advantage and draw Flair into a brawl.

Monsoon:We are about out of time. I encourage you to tune in next week on Prime Time Wrestling where in some Prime Time Wrestling execlusive matches, we will see: The Bushwhackers do battle with The Beverly Brothers in a return match from the Royal Rumble, Rick Martel facing Bob Backlund, and in the main event, the World Wrestling Federation Champion Jake Roberts makes his first title defense against a former World Wrestling Federation Champion, Sgt. Slaughter. That’s all next week on Prime Time Wrestling.

Show Approval Rating: 70

PTW Scored a 5.69 Rating

Guest Prototype

Good show. The New Foundation getting a push is cool. Flair/Piper will be good and Im looking forward to SNME. PS- I dont think Macho was plugging Slim Jims at this this time.

Wrestling Observer Newsletter for 2/3/92

Tentive Card for Saturday Night’s Main Event

As you know, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs Jake Roberts and the Undertaker and Ric Flair vs Roddy Piper has already been made official for the prime time special on Februrary 15th. A New Foundation vs Natural Disasters tag team title match seems implied from the staredown between the two teams on Prime Time Wrestling this week. Virgil and Bret Hart vs IRS and Ted DiBiase and Bob Backlund vs The Mountie are the other two matches that have been confirmed by a source close to the WWF booking committee. 10:30 PM Eastern Time on FOX.

Rick Rude to return to the WWF in a few months???

Strong rumors state that Rick Rude, who’s WCW contract has three months left on it, seems be about ready to return to the WWF. He looks to be dropping the US Title to Ricky Steamboat at WCW Superbrawl on February 23rd. A rumored feud between Sting and Rick Rude over the World Title will not take place after Sting wins the WCW World Title on that night. Rick Rude may revisit his feud with Jake Roberts with the heel-face roles reversed in the Summer months.

Results from the Supercards around the country in January

WWF Royal Rumble 1992( 1/19/92) The New Foundation defeated the Orient Express. The Bushwhackers beat the Beverly Brothers. The Natural Disasters defeated WWF Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors to caputre the belts. WWF Interconinental Champion Bret Hart beat the Mountie. Jake Roberts won the WWF World Title in the 30 man Royal Rumble last eliminating Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan.

GWF Face the Hangman (1/14/92) Lightheavyweight Champion Jerry Lynn pinned “The Love Machine” Art Barr after a sunset flip off the top rope. Al Perez defeated Chris Candido, Black Bart, and Louie Spicolli in a four way gauntlet match to win the vacant GWF Television Title. The Ebony Express(Booker T and Stevie Ray) defeated the Coast to Coast Connection(John Tatum and Rod Price.) Jeff Gaylord pinned John Hawk. Sam Houston pinned GWF North American Champion the Patriot after a bulldog from the top rope to score an upset and win the North American Title.

WFS(WWF Future Shock, the WWF’s Farm Fed) Genesis (1/26/92) First Round of the WFS Heavyweight Title Tournament: “The Convict” Kevin Kelly pinned “Sexy Thing” Stevie Richards after a choke out. Shane Douglas pinned “The Doctor of Desire” Tom Prichard with a fisherman suplex and bridge. Wild Pegasus pinned Steven Regal after a Wild Bomb. “Sensational” Al Snow pinned Jeff Jarrett after a double arm suplex. Semifinals of the Tournament: Shane Douglas defeated Kevin Kelly via DQ after Kelly beat him up with a weapon. Al Snow pinned the Wild Pegasus after a reverse thrust kick. Finals: Al Snow pinned Shane Douglas after a bridged suplex to win the vacant WFS Heavyweight Title.

USWA Guilty Pleasure 1/26/92 Mr. Sandman, Jamie Dundee, and Keith Hayes defeated Paul Roma, Tom Prichard, and Keith Eric. Hillbilly Cousin Luke pinned Jimmy Jack Funk. Bart Sawyer pinned USWA Southern Champion Eric Embry to win the title. USWA Tag Team Champions the Moondogs defeated Ken Raper and Tommy Lane to retain the belts. USWA Heavyweight Champion Kamala pinned Tony Atlas to retain the title.

WCW Clash of the Champions #18 1/14/92 Dan Spivey pinned Marcus Alexander Bagwell with the Power Bomb. Cactus Jack pinned Van Hammer after a shovel shot in a falls count anywhere in Topeka Match. The Junk Yard Dog pinned the Nightstalker with the Big Thump Powerslam. Johnny B. Badd pinned Brian Pillman after a roll through on a cross body block. Bobby Eaton and Arn Anderson defeated WCW Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers to win the belts after Anderson hit Scott with Paul E. Dangerously’s cell phone. The New and Improved Freebirds defeated the State Patrol in one of the worst tag matches in recent memory after a rollover from Hayes on a small package. Sting and Ricky Steamboat defeated Steve Austin and Rick Rude after Sting delivered a top rope splash to Austin.

• 2 weeks later...

WWF Superstars 2/1/92

The Bushwhackers come up to face the team of the Brooklyn Brawler and Iron Mike Sharpe

Butch locks up with Brawler and puts him in a headlock before licking him. Butch pounds away on the Brawler and throws him into the ropes. Butch delivers a shoulderblock sending the Brawler down to the mat. Butch takes in Luke and the Bushwhackers double team Brawler. Luke pounds away at the Brawler in the corner and throws him into the ropes. Luke charges in and headbutts the Brawler in the corner. Luke delivers a noogie to Brawler before allowing the Brawler to tag in Iron Mike Sharpe. Sharpe charges Luke but gets caught in a headlock and licked. Luke dances around and fires a clothesline to Sharpe. Luke picks up Sharpe and tags in Butch. Luke holds Sharpe so Butch can deliver the Battering Ram. Double Stomachbreaker from the Whackers and that is all she wrote for Iron Mike.

Winners: The Bushwhackers(w/the double stomachbreaker)

Segment Approval Rating: 52

Crowd Reaction: 50

Match Quality: 55

Hulk Hogan interview

Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Hulk Hogan. Take it away Gene.

Gene:Ladies and Gentlemen, I am with the former four time World Wrestling Federiation Champion, Hulk Hogan. He has a big match in two weeks on Saturday Night’s Main Event when he teams with his old partner and rival Randy Savage to face the demonic duo of the Undertaker and Jake “The Snake” Roberts. You also have to do battle with Hercules tonight. Your thoughts on that, Hulkster.

Hulk Hogan: Let me tell you something Mean Gene. The Macho Man has been talking about he cannot trust the Hulkster. Well I swear to the man upstairs that I will not stab the Macho Man in the back. I will peacefully coexist with him when we do battle with that creepy Undertaker and that slimeball Jake Roberts, dude. Snake Man, you have something that belongs to the Hulkamaniacs. The World Wrestling Federation Title is the symbol of being truthful and playing by the rules. You have to train, say you prayers, and take your vitamins to hold that belt and Jake, you are degrading the belt by holding it. If I have to get throught the Undertaker to drop the leg on you so help me, I will. So Taker, Snake, whatcha gonna do when Hulk Hogan runs wild on you.

Hulk Hogan poses as we fade out of the Superstars interview area.

Segment Approval Rating: 95

El Matador faces Kato in high flying action

Kato explodes onto Matador to start, battering him with forearms. Kato throws Matador into the ropes and ropkicks him down. Kato delivers a martial arts kick and covers Matador to get a one count. Kato charges but Matador ducks and armdrags him down. Matador goes right to a headlock but Kato bridges out. Matador is thrown into the ropes and Kato delivers a flapjack taking Matador down. Kato is climbing to the ropes and he leaps off with a cross body press for two. Kato stomps away on Matador and picks him up. Kato throws Matador into the ropes and charges in but Tito gets both feet up and sunset flips Kato out of the corner for two. Kato delivers a thrust kick knocking Tito down. Kato is going up top. Kato is up top and he leaps off with a flying chop to the throat sending Tito flying backwards.

Kato delivers a nerve hold on El Matador as the crowd is attempting to get behind him. Matador is fighting up to his feet. Matador fires some elbows and throws Kato into the ropes. Matador snaps off a headscissors. Matador rushes at Kato and nails him with the Flying Jalapeno. Tito covers and scores the pin to win the match.

Winner: El Matador (w/the Flying Jalapeno)

Crowd Reaction: 53

Match Quality: 78

Bob Backlund Interview

Sean Mooney is backstage for the next interview.

Mooney: I have an exclusive interview with one of the legends in this sport. He is a former World Wrestling Federation World Champion. He is an All-American. He is Bob Backlund. It is a pleasure to interview you Bob.

Backlund: Thank you. It is good to get some interview time again.

Mooney: You have returned and you look to be in good shape. What do you hope to accomplish in the WWF today?

Backlund: 9 years ago I was the WWF World Champion. Then all the sudden, I left the WWF because I was disgusted in what the business was becoming. I am sorry to all the wrestlers who make a living these days but it was becoming a circus. You had to have a flashy gimmick to get any airtime or you lingered at the bottom of the card. I am here to do what I do best. That is wrestler. I am a wrestler. That is what I am. I value clean living and fair play above all else. The current WWF World Champion is nothing but a cheater and a thief. He set a snake on another man more then once and that just isn’t right for the wrestling business. There can be a place for an All American Wrestler in this day and age. Among all the gimmicks, there is Bob Backlund. I don’t have a gimmick. I get in the ring and I wrestle. That is who I am. That is what I do. So to all my younger fans out there, remember. If you work out and maintain a clean life, you too can be a professional wrestler. Taking performance enhancing drugs is not the answer. Clean living is in the answer. I hope to maintain a positive legacy before I retire. Wrestling is my strong point and I am stickng to it.

Segment Approval Rating: 70

After the next set of commercials, the camera fades to an island. There are a couple of pineapples lying on the table and a tall muscular man with brownish blond hair, a tie-dye t-shirt, and blue jeans with sandles enters the picture.

Man: This is a good day for some pineapple juice if I may say so myself.

The man picks up the pineapple and squeezes it with his hands over a wooden glass in an amazing bit of power, causing the pineapple juice to pour out of the glass. The man picks up the glass and takes a drink before pausing.

Man: This tastes good, but the taste will be twice as good once I enter the World Wrestling Federation. This pineapple will be the skull of anyone who gets in my way. The Million Dollar Man, I.R.S, The Berzerker, even the World Wrestling Federation Champion Jake Roberts. Everyone will feel the power of Crush.

Coming Soon: Kona Crush

Segment Approval Rating: 56

Virgil faces Skinner

Skinner spits the tobacco juice in Virgil’s face to start. They lock up and Skinner shoves Virgil down. Virgil charges Skinner and jabs away at him. The announcers talk about Virgil’s match with IRS at MSG, this weekend. Virgil hiptosses Skinner down and Virgil shoulderblocks Skinner down. Virgil grabs Skinner but Skinner goes right to the eye. Skinner punches away on Virgil and then puts him in a choke. Skinner rams Virgil into the buckles and Skinner snaps Virgil over before dropping an elbow. Skinner covers Virgil hooking the leg but only gets two. Skinner chokes Virgil some more. Skinner throws Virgil into the corners and Skinner delivers a running hip butt into the corner. Virgil staggers out and Skinner grabs Virgil. Skinner delivers the Aligator Neckbreaker on Virgil but Virgil is in the ropes at two and a half.

Skinner pounds away on Virgil and throws him into the ropes. Skinner punches Virgil down and goes to the top rope but Virgil catches Skinner and slams him off. Virgil locks Skinner in a cobra clutch like move for a few seconds before driving Skinner down onto his face. Virgil rolls over Skinner and makes the cover hooking the leg. Virgil scores the pin off of that.

Winner: Virgil( a cobra clutch into an inverted russian legsweep)

Segment Approval Rating: 62

Crowd Reaction: 59

Match Quality: 65

Hercules does battle with Hulk Hogan in your Superstars Main Event

Hercules takes off the chain to start and locks up with Hogan. Hogan takes Herc down in a headlock and works with him on the mat. Herc powers out but Hogan delivers three clotheslines and Herc takes a powder on the floor. Hulk slides out and pounds away on Herc before slamming him into the guardrail. Hogan rakes the back and delivers an atomic drop before sending Hercules back into the ring. Hogan delivers a clothesline to Herc and gets two. Hogan drops an elbow. Hogan sets up Herc for a suplex but Herc blocks it and suplexes Hogan over. Herc chokes away on Hogan. Hercules lifts Hogan up and Hercules pulls Hogan right into a clothesline. Hercules gets two off that move. Hercules delivers a kneedrop to the gut of Hogan. Hercules picks up Hogan and rams him into the corner. Hercules chokes Hogan in the corner as the crowd tries to rally upon the Hulkster.

Hercules delivers a powerslam sending Hogan down. Hercules poses and he gives the signal. Hercules hoists Hogan and Horizontal Backbreaker. Herc is trying to squeeze a submission out of the Hulk. Hercules is pumping the back of Hogan up and down across his shoulder. Hercules could be a few seconds away from scoring a major upset if he keeps the pressure on. Hercules keeps the pressure on but decides to shift Hogan’s weight and drop him down onto his face with a Gorilla Press. Hercules covers Hogan and the referee counts two before Hogan kicks out with authority.

Hogan is shaking like mad. Hogan is hulking up. Herc fires a punch but Hogan brushes it off. Herc fires another punch but Hogan brushes it off again. Herc fires a third punch but no dice. Hogan does the warning and Herc goes for another punch but Hogan blocks it and fires three more punches of his own. Hogan throws Herc into the ropes. Hogan catches Herc in the face with the big boot and bounces off the ropes. Hogan drops the leg on Hercules and covers him for the pin. Hulk Hogan is your winner.

Winner: Hulk Hogan (w/The Big Leg Drop)

Segment Approval Rating: 74

Crowd Reaction: 74

Match Quality: 75

Hogan gets his hand raised but Jake Roberts is in the ring behind Hogan. Turn around Hulk. Hulk turns around and blocks a punch from Roberts and fires him back with a punch. Hogan stuns The Snake with a big boot but the Undertaker is in the ring and he grabs Hogan by the throat. Taker chokes Hogan but Randy Savage blows out of the back. Roberts is pounding away at Hogan and Savage rushes at Roberts with a clothesline but the Snake ducks and HOGAN GETS HIT. Jake Roberts calls off the Undertaker as Savage stares them down but Hogan is up and he is not too happy. Hogan rushes at Savage and punches away at him. Hogan and Savage are getting in a fist fight in the middle of the ring. This does not go well for the match at Saturday Night’s Main Event. Jake Roberts slithers in the ring and DROPS Savage with the DDT. Undertaker is on the other end and he scoops up Hogan and drives him down with the Tombstone. Superstars goes off the air with the Megapowers laid out in the center of the ring.

Show Approval Rating: 68

Superstars got a 3.28 Rating:

• 2 weeks later...

[Editors Note: The Match Write Ups will be a bit shorter on TV Shows because I am back in school and thus I have less time to work on this diary. Don’t worry, PPV and SNME matches will be written up in full and I will not cut out the Gorilla Monsoon/Bobby Heenan banter from Prime Time Wrestling. Enough yapping, let’s get to the show]

Wrestling Challenge 2/2/92

Jim Powers vs the Berzerker(w/Mr. Fuji)

The Berzerker is his usual hussing self. The Berzerker beats up Powers, working him over with some great power offense including slams and elbowdrops. Berzerker goes for a corner charge but Powers moves. Powers pounds away on the Berzerker but Fuji is up on the ring apron and Powers goes after him. The Berzerker stuns Powers with a clothesline and delivers the Atomic Throw for the win. After the match, Fuji talks trash about Jim Duggan on behalf of the Berzerker.

Winner: The Berzerker(w/The Atomic Throw)

Segment Approval Rating: 46

Crowd Reaction: 48

Match Quality: 56

Roddy Piper interview

Sean Mooney: I am backstage with the man who will do battle with Ric Flair on Saturday Night’s Main Event. Rowdy Roddy Piper, you have an uphill battle on your hands against someone who many have called the dirtiest player in the game. What you do think your chances are?

Piper: Wowwww, Mr. Mooney. You sure painted a grim picture of the Hot Rod’s chances in battle with Tricky Ricky on Saturday Night’s Main Event. I grave the challenge, Sean. You youngsters out there might not remember this but the Old Hot Rod was a sly dog back in his day. Ask Superfly Snuka about the incident with the coconut. I spit in Hulk Hogan’s face because dang tarnit The Hot Rod just could. I slapped the taste out of the face of Mr. T for fun. Don’t get me started on what I did to countless preliminary wrestlers who were ununfortunate enough to draw a short end of the straw. Ric Flair, I know all the tricks and that is why you’re time as a breathing human being is drawing to the close. We are going to dance in two weeks on Saturday Night’s Main Event. The Hot Rod shall getcha boy and we shall find out who the real dirtiest player in the game is. Flair see you at the Main Event and you better pack a lunch because you are in for a fight, Slick Ric.

Roddy walks off from the interview room .

Segment Approval Rating: 84

Dean Malenko vs Bob Backlund

Backlund shakes hands with the preliminary wrestler to start. Lock up and both men trade wrestling holds for a good amount of time. Backlund works a headlock for some time. Malenko gets to the ropes off of a toehold and Backlund breaks cleanly. More clean wrestler from Backlund but Malenko cheapshots Backlund with a dropkick. Malenko works over Backlund but misses a kneedrop off the top. Malenko holds his knee and Backlund looks concerned but Malenko suckers in Backlund with a small package for two. The announcers say that Backlund’s problem is that he is too nice. Backlund ducks a shot and delivers an atomic drop followed by a bridged roll up for the three.

Winner: Bob Backlund(w/the bridged roll up)

Segment Approval Rating: 60

Crowd Reaction: 51

Match Quality: 84

The Funeral Parlor With: Hulk Hogan

Paul Bearer is standing at set.

Bearer: Oh noooooo. I have the misfortune of interviewing the former World Wrestling Federation Champion, darn that does sound sweet doesn’t it, Hulk Hogan.

Real American plays but Bearer yells: “Cut his music”. Hogan comes out in red pants, yellow Hulk Rules t-shirt, and red bandanna. Hogan walks over to Bearer.

Bearer: Hulksterrrrr, how does it feel to see Jake Roberts with the World Title.

Hogan goes to answer but Bearer grabs the microphone away from him.

Bearer: I could care less what an ex-champion about you thinks. You are two weeks away from getting put in your final resting place by the Undertaker and Jake Roberts. How does it feel to know that your time is up?

Hogan goes to answer again but Bearer pulls the microphone away again.

Bearer: Of course you are scared of the Undertaker and Jake The Snake. Yesss, I would be too if I was in your shoes. They are looking to end Hulkamania. One final question, Hogan.

Bearer slaps Hogan across the face. Hogan’s eyes bulge and Hogan grabs Bearer by the throat but THE UNDERTAKER CATCHES HOGAN WITH A DOUBLE SLEDGE FROM BEHIND. Hogan starts brawling with the Undertaker but Jake Roberts is hiding behind the casket with something in his hand. Hogan turns around and JAKE THROWS SOME KIND OF BLACK DUST INTO THE EYES OF HOGAN. The Undertaker grabs Hogan and clotheslines him down. Hogan is still trying to get up but The Undertaker has the urn and he hits Hogan over the head with it. Hogan is busted open and Hogan’s face goes all pixelized. Hogan is still trying to fight back but Jake Roberts grabs Hogan and DDT ON THE CONCRETE FLOOR. Jake holds up the WWF World Title Belt while Paul Bearer drops a black wreath on the chest of Hogan. Taker, Bearer, and the Snake walk off as Hogan is on the floor laid out. Undertaker and Jake Roberts have once again put down the Immortal Hulk Hogan.

Segment Approval Rating: 87

Non-Title Match: Jimmy Snuka and Koko B. Ware vs The Natural Disasters(w/Jimmy Hart)

This was a cut and dry squash with a few high spots thrown in for flavor by Snuka and Koko but they didn’t seem to be getting through. Cross Body is caught and powerslammed by Earthquake and Aftershock finishes off Koko. The New Foundation watches from the aisle, scouting the champions.

Winners: The Natural Disasters(w/The Aftershock)

Match Quality: 63

The Mountie interview

Mooney: I am Sean Mooney…

Mountie: Be quiet, Mooney. No one wants to here you talk. You lack a personality and thus you bore people to death. All want to hear the Mountie. The Mountie always gets his man and he has a heck of a personality to boot. You shouldn’t even be allowed on TV if you don’t have a personality. That brings me to the worst offender of this crime. An old man by the name of Bob Backlund. Yes he was the World Wrestling Federation Champion many years ago but that was a different time and these days you need a personality. Backlund is a boring old man who probally couldn’t excite a two year old after he had 12 cans of Pepsi. I am challenging that dull idiot to a match at the next Saturday Night’s Main Event if he has the guts. I will prove that the Mountie always gets his win. Sean Mooney, you’re time is done.

Mountie storms off.

Segment Approval Rating: 77

Virgil vs Ted DiBiase

The announcer’s briefly go over Virgil being DiBiase’s former bodyguard and their feud over the Million Dollar Belt last year. Virgil and DiBiase trade punches and DiBiase trips up Virgil. DiBiase delivers a vertical suplex and a fist drop. DiBiase works over the head of Virgil setting him up for the Million Dollar Dream. Whip is reversed and Virgil delivers a backdrop followed by some peppering from punches. Virgil leaps to the second rope and clotheslines DiBiase down for two. DiBiase begs off but Virgil isn’t having any of that. Virgil delivers another pair of clothesline and a bodyslam. IRS is at ringside and Virgil knocks DiBiase to the ring apron. Virgil hooks DiBiase for a suplex but Irwin takes the legs out from underneath Virgil. DiBiase gets the pin after Virgil is unable to kick out because of IRS holding his legs down.

Winner: Ted DiBiase(after IRS interference)

Crowd Reaction: 75

Stomp fest going on on Virgil after the match but the WWF Interconinental Champion Bret Hart comes out to help Virgil fight off the ruffians (and set up a match for SNME involving Virgl and Bret vs IRS and DiBiase). Challenge goes off the air with Bret and Virgil standing tall.

Show Approval Rating: 65

Challenge Got a 4.12 Rating:

Guest Prototype

Good show. I loved the Funeral Parlor segement. That feud is really getting good. Piper and Flair is shaping up well too, as well as Hart and Dibiase. I hope the Mountie shocks the heck out of Backlund! I never liked that guy.

• 2 weeks later...

Prime Time Wrestling 2/3/92

We cut to Prime Time Studios where Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon are sitting.

Monsoon: Welcome to another edition of Prime Time Wrestling. Ladies and Gentlemen we have an action packed line up for you today. I am Gorilla Monsoon.

Heenan: And I am Bobby “The Brain” Heenan, of course.

Monsoon: Tonight we will see Jake Roberts defend the WWF World Title for the very first time in a special exclusive to the fans right here on Prime Time Wrestling. Also The Barber Shop returns. Brutus Beefcake is the host of course.

Heenan: Metal head has returned after his extended vacation, Monsoon.

Monsoon: Will you stop?

Heenan: Well that’s what he is. All the plates, nuts, bolts, rods, and all that holding together is ugly face. The only thing with more steel is Pittsburgh.

Monsoon: Brain, you are something else. We have to kick it down to Sean Mooney, who is filling in for Vince McMahon who is on vacation, and Mr. Perfect down at ringside for the Mountie in action.

Rob Zakowski vs the Mountie

Zakowski catches the Mountie off balance throughout the match but the Mountie uses some cheating tactics. A spinning heel kick and a splash off the top rope swing the match back into the favor of Zakowski but The Mountie grabs the shock stick and sticks it in the gut of Zakowski. Double leg pick up and cradle from the Mountie and he gets the pin. The Mountie zaps Zakowski again after the bell for good measure.

Winner: The Mountie(w/the shock stick zap)

Segment Approval Rating: 72

Crowd Reaction: 59

Match Quality: 86

Back to the studio.

Heenan: An impressive win by the Mountie. He schooled that ham-en-eggar well.

Monsoon: He used the shock stick Brain. There should have been a disqualification.

Heenan: I didn’t see a shock stick, Monsoon. You must be going blind in your old age. The Brain has 20/20 vision and the Mountie won that match fair and square.

Monsoon: Be that as it may, Brain, we have to cut to the Barber Shop as Brutus Beefcake is standing by.

Cut to the Barber Shop.

Brutus Beefcake: It is good to be back in the World Wrestling Federation. I am your host, the man who knows hair better than anything else. Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake. I have a very special guest tonight, a real good friend of mine. He is, Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

Jim Duggan marches into the barber shop hoooing and doing the thumbs up.

Duggan: Thanks, Mr. Beefcake. It is great to be on the number one talk show in the WWF today, The Barber Shop.

Beefcake: This weekend on Superstars you have a match with Skinner. What do you think your chances all in that match?

Duggan: I say that the old Hacksaw’s chances are very good, Barber Man. Skinner you don’t know what will hit you. It will be like a big tornado and all my fans will be chanting U-S-A, U-S-A, U-S-A, Hooooooooo!. Tough guy.

Duggan marches around the set but we here a voice from off camera.

Voice:Duggan, shut your mouth, you stupid American.

Mr. Fuji appears on the set of the Barber Shop with the Berzerker.

Fuji: Duggan, have you forgotten about us. Ya stupid uneducated American. The Berzerker is going to end your career. Tell him what you are going to do to this yellow belly American slime, Berzerker.

Berzerker:HUSS, HUSS, HUSS.

Fuji: Very good point, Berzerker. Duggan is a smelly….

Duggan picks up a bucket of shaving cream and THROWS IT ON THE BERZERKER AND FUJI. They are covered in shaving cream. Fuji and Berzerker looks mad. Berzerker yells “HUSS, HUSS” before charging at Duggan.. They are brawling. Mr. Fuji goes for the salt but Duggan punches the salt in his face. The Berzerker picks up a chair and throws it through the window. Duggan grabs an electric razor and chases the Berzerker with it. This is all breaking down. We fade to an advertisement for Saturday Night’s Main Event as Duggan chases Berzerker off the set.

The Texas Tornado vs the Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer)

Tornado attacks the Undertaker but the Undertaker fights back. Taker slowly wears down Von Erich but misses a charge in the corner. The Tornado slaps on the Claw and lets go before smacking Taker with the Tornado Spin Punch. Bearer raises the urn and the Undertaker sits up. Dropkick and Von Erich takes it up top. The Tornado leaps off for a cross body but the Undertaker catches him and twists his body. The Undertaker drives the Texas Tornado down with the Tombstone Piledriver. Arms across the chest and the Undertaker wins another one.

Winner: The Undertaker(w/The Tombstone Piledriver)

Segment Approval Rating: 79

Crowd Reaction: 78

Match Quality: 81

Bobby Heenan is hiding underneath a desk at the Prime Time Wrestling Studios.

Gorilla: You can come out now, Bobby. The match is over.

Heenan stands up.

Heenan: I was just tying my shoe Monsoon. The Brain isn’t scared of the Undertaker. The Brain isn’t scared of anything.

Monsoon: Sure, Brain. Right.

Heenan: Never mind that. We have an Prime Time Wrestling Exclusive Interview with Ted DiBiase coming up.

Ted DiBiase interview:

Mean Gene Okerlund is standing in the interview area with Ted DiBiase.

Mean Gene: Ladies and Gentlemen I am standing by with one of the most crafty men in the World Wrestling Federation today, the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase. DiBiase, you have been moving up the contendership rankings over the past couple of months and have been making some rumblings about challenging Bret Hart for the World Wrestling Federation Interconinental Champion, Bret Hart.

DiBiase: Indeed, Okerlund, the Million Dollar Man is ready to get some more gold around his waist other than the Million Dollar Belt. Bret, you may be a good wrestler. You may hold the WWF Interconinental Championship but the fact of the matter is this. The Million Dollar Man is just that much better than you. He has the most valuable asset that any competitor can have. Cold Hard Cash. Bwahahahahaha. I can buy the best training in the world and all your training in the Hart Family Dungeon would not matter when I slap you in the Million Dollar Dream, Hitman and you pass out causing the Interconinental Title to transfer from your assets into the assets of the Million Dollar Man. Bret, I am coming for your belt. Enjoy your title reign while it lasts.

DiBiase walks off.

Gene:Back to you Gorilla, Brain.

Segment Approval Rating: 87

Backstage at a recent WWF live event, Randy Savage is ranting and raving at Miss Elizabeth about Hogan. Our spies in the WWF production department were there to catch the rant and are proud to present you this exclusive footage.

Savage: Liz, I tell you, Hogan cannot be trusted. That is why I am telling you to stay home during the tag team match on Saturday Night’s Main Event. I have to keep an eye on Hogan and Taker and The Snake would use you to get me off my game. Hogan has pulled the wool over everyone else’s eyes but mine. Elizabeth, Hogan cannot be trusted and it looks to be a set up.

Elizabeth: Randy if you just give him a chance…

Savage: A chance. It looks all too convienent from where I stand. He went down a little too easily on the Funeral Parlor. You normally have to kill him before he stays down for two seconds. Hogan is tough, I will give you that and by going down that quickly, he gave himself away. He is trying to make himself look like the victim here but I am not going to take it from him. One mistake from him and I will kick his butt from one of the ring to a next. Another thing, it is bad enough that I have to team up with him on Saturday Night’s Main Event. Next week, I have to join forces with that Egomaniac on this very show. Jack Tunney says to promote unity but Tunney is nothing but a senile old fool. Oh yeah, you better believe it…

Elizabeth shrugs gets up and walks out of the room. Macho doesn’t notice and he keeps ranting to no one in particular.

Savage: Hogan’s time is at an end. He is desperate to hang onto his glories. The Macho Man shall get that title shot at Wrestlemania. Hogan is…

We never find out what Hogan is as the camera cuts out.

Segment Approval Rating: 83

The Bushwhackers vs the Beverly Brothers(w/The Genius)

This was a total comedy match. A lot of licking and noogies from the Bushwhackers. The Beverly Brothers fall down from the lightest of punches. Genius attempts to throw the scroll in but Butch catches it and throws it on the other end of the ring. Beau is grabbed and Battering Ram for the pin.

Winners: The Bushwhackers(w/the Battering Ram)

Crowd Reaction: 60

We cut back to the studios.

Gorilla Monsoon: An impressive win by the Bushwhackers if I may say so myself.

Heenan: Luck, Gorilla. That is all it had to it. Pure and dumb luck.

Monsoon: That is your opinion and you are entitled to it Brain, warped as it may be. Coming up we got an interview with Hulk Hogan.

Heenan: Oh no! What have I done to be punished by having to listen to Hogan? I haven’t lied to anyone in the last twenty minutes, why am I being punished.

Hulk Hogan interview

Mean Gene Okerlund is in the interview area with Hulk Hogan.

Gene Okerlund: I am standing by with what many say to be the greatest wrestler of all time, the Immortal One himself, Hulk Hogan. Hulkster, in two weeks time on Saturday Night’s Main Event you have to team up with Randy Savage to face the team of The Undertaker and Jake Roberts. If you manage to get the pinfall, then you get a crack at regaining the World Wrestling Federation Title at Wrestlemania VIII.

Hulk Hogan: Let me tell you something Mean Gene. The time for talk is coming to an end. It is time for action to be taken. Macho Man, you have been saying that the Hulkster is conspring against your, brotha. Well those thoughts are just out of whack, Jack. I swear on the heads of each and everyone of my Hulkamaniacs that I will do what’s right, I will not stab Macho Man in the back, brotha. You say I went down easy but I was caught by surprised and brotha, that will never happen again. The Mania is running as strong as ever. The Snake and the Taker, you will not know what hit you. The Mega Powers will run strong and I will work with the Macho Man to take you out. So whatcha gonna do when Hulk Hogan, The Macho Man, and all the Hulkamaniacs run wild on you.

Hogan poses a bit before walking out.

Segment Approval Rating: 92

The Brooklyn Brawler vs Rowdy Roddy Piper

Brawler and Piper trade punches with Piper winning. More brawling but the Brawler catches Piper with a roll up and puts the feet up the ropes but the referee sees him. Piper suplexes Brawler backwards and bridges to score the pin.

Winner: Roddy Piper(w/a bridging back suplex)

Segment Approval Rating: 59

Crowd Reaction: 58

Match Quality: 61

Mr. Perfect drops the headset at ringside.

Mooney: Mr. Perfect, where are you going?

Perfect: I am going to knock some sense in that skirt wearing punk. How dare he thinks he is better than Ric Flair?

Perfect is on the ring apron but Piper grabs him by the tie. Piper punches Perfect, while hanging on to the tie as to prevent him from falling to the floor. Ric Flair comes from the back and Flair catches Piper with a clip to the knee. Piper lurches forward but whirls around and goes after Flair. Perfect catches Piper with a cheapshot double axe handle blow from behind. Flair grabs Piper’s kilt and wraps it around the throat of the Hot Rod choking him out. Flair drops Piper and struts around.

We cut back to the studios.

Heenan: Flair and Perfect just showed the skirt wearing punk what the real deal in the WWF is.

Monsoon: They double teamed Piper and attacked him from behind.

Heenan: Piper grabbed Perfect so they just fought back. They had every right to deck Piper because they were provoked. If Piper beat up Perfect and Flair, you would be all for it Monsoon.

Monsoon: Brain, you and your deluded views…

Heenan: The Brain only speaks the truth. Pure and unquestionable gospel. Flair is the greatest of all time and it is only a matter of time before that low life er I mean that honorable man Jake Roberts has to give him a title shot at what belongs to the Nature Boy.

Monsoon: Never mind, Brain. Up next Bob Backlund will face Rick Martel.

Rick Martel vs Bob Backlund

Lots of wrestling on the mat as per usual for Backlund. Martel swings the favor into his control with some cheating. Backbreaker by Martel and Martel goes off top but gets slammed off the top. Backlund atomic drops and suplexes Martel but only gets two. Running double leg take down into a jack knife pin scores another nearfall for Backlund. Backlund rolls up Martel from behind and gets two. Martel slaps Backlund but Backlund hiptosses him. Backlund is refusing to use any punching and kicking in this match. Martel goes to the eyes and spinebuster to Backlund. Martel gets two. Boston Crab is blocked into a small package for two and a half. Martel grabs the atomizer and sprays arrogance in the eyes of Backlund for the disqualification.

Winner: Bob Backlund(via disqualification)

Crowd Reaction: 62

Match Quality: 79

Backlund stumbles around, clutching his eyes. The crowd boos as the Mountie and Jimmy Hart come down to the ring. Jimmy Hart and Martel hold Backlund. Mountie has the shock stick. This is not good. Mountie fires up the shock stick and sticks it right in the heart of Bob Backlund. Backlund falls back, clutching his chest. The crowd is booing the Mountie as the Mountie prances around the ring. Koko B. Ware, Jimmy Snuka, Jim Powers, and some unidenified prelims come from the back to check on Backlund. Medics are coming out shortly. Backlund is not moving on his own. We cut back to the Prime Time Studios.

Monsoon: That man is 43 years of age and that diabolical fiend just stuck a shock stick right in the area where his heart is located. The Mountie should be outlawed from wrestling.

Brain: Monsoon…even I can’t condone this. I mean break a leg, break an arm but sticking a shock stick in the heart of a middle aged man, that is just crossing the line.

Monsoon: All the fans hope that Bob Backlund is okay, I’m sure. The Mountie has crossed the line and we apologize that you had to see what you saw.

Monsoon and Brain sit quiet for a few seconds before we fade to a vignette.

A blond haired muscular man is standing on a beach.

Man: The beaches of Hawaii are one of the most fun places on the earth. Surfing, sun, woman in bikinis but the WWF is a much different place. It is not the sun and fun, it can be very serious at times. That is why all the WWF superstars may suffer a severe wipeout.

Coming Soon to the WWF: Kona Crush

World Wrestling Federation Title Match:

Sgt. Slaughter vs Jake Roberts©

Roberts stalls to start but when they get in the ring, Slaughter brutalizes him with some punches and a couple of big clotheslines. Slaughter drops Roberts to the floor but Roberts uses his cunning to send Slaughter into the guardrail. The Snake jabs away on Slaughter and short arm clothesline. Roberts goes for the DDT but is is blocked and Slaughter pounds away. Stomachbreaker from Slaughter gets Roberts down for the two. Slaughter slams Roberts and goes up top. Slaughter delivers a splash off the top rope, shocking the crowd and squashing Roberts like a cockroach but it only gets a two and three fourths count. Slaughter gets the signal and Cobra Clutch. Roberts is thrashing like a fish caught in the net and he turns his body so he can thumb Slaughter in the eye. Slaughter releases and stumbles right into the DDT. Roberts casually sits up against the body of Slaughter for the cover and scores three.

Winner: Jake Roberts(w/The DDT)

Segment Approval Rating: 71

Crowd Reaction: 74

Match Quality: 67

Gorilla Monsoon: The first title defense of Jake Roberts was a most sucessful one but make sure to tune into next week’s Prime Time Wrestling. We have some big Prime Time Exclusive Matches for you including: Owen Hart facing Earthquake in a preview for the big tag team title defense on Saturday Night’s Main Event, Jim Duggan facing off against Ric Flair, and the Megapowers will form a shaky alliance to do battle against the Nasty Boys.

Heenan: Should be action packed Monsoon. See you next week. Tune in, humanoids, or I will send the Undertaker after you

Show Approval Rating: 75

PTW got a 5.63 Rating

WWF Superstars 2/8/92

We are one week away from Saturday Night’s Main Event. Let’s get down to the ring for some action as Sean Mooney(filling in for the vacationing Vince McMahon) and Mr. Perfect are making the call.

Rob Zakowski vs the Barbarian(w/The Genius)

The announcers put over the awesomeness of the Barbarian and the heart of Rob Zakowski. The Barbarian beats Zakowski down and belly to belly suplex. The Barbarian power bombs Zakowski down and goes for a diving headbutt but Robbie Z moves. Zakowski kicks away at Barbarian and spinning leg lariat does not take the Barbarian off of his feet. Zakowski goes up top but the Genius is up. Zakowski does a twisting cross body press knocking the Genius off the ring apron. Zakowski enters the ring and Boot of Death takes Robbie Z down. Barbarian makes the cover for three.

Winner: The Barbarian(w/Boot of Death)

Segment Approval Rating: 54

Crowd Reaction: 49

Match Quality: 73

Ric Flair Interview.

Gene Okerlund:I am backstage with one of the biggest names in wrestling, The Nature Boy Ric Flair. Ric, you have a match with Roddy Piper in one week’s time on Saturday Night’s Main Event. We will find out who is really the dirtiest player in the game. You’re thoughts.

Flair:Mean “Wooooo” Gene. Piper is nothing but a pretender. He cannot hope to dance with the Greatest of All Time. The Nature Boy, Mean Gene. He says that he is the dirtiest player in the game but he is an amateur that is way out of his league. Ask anyone who has fought Ric Flair over the years. Some of the legends that have passed through the rings. Ask them who the dirtiest player in the game is and they will all come to one simple, simple conclusion. That conclusion is that the wheelin, dealin’, kiss stealing, leer jet flying, limosine riding, son of a gun, that is the greatest, the greatest, the greatest, wooo!!! The Greatest of all time. The Nature Boy Ric Flair, no one can hope to achieve my greatest except if I decided to clone myself, even then it would be a draw because the only one who could out cheat Ric Flair, is Ric Flair. Piper, Piper, Piper, you scottish son of a gun, you don’t know what is like. Just because you splattered a tropical fruit over a man’s head eight years ago, you think you are hot stuff. You will find out that you can bring all the tropical fruit in the world and you cannot handle, you can not control, the greatest, the champ, the Nature Boy. Piper is nothing but a chump. A chump, Mean Gene, he cannot hang with the best. Wooo!!!

Flair walks out of the interview area as Gene stands there perplexed.

Segment Approval Rating: 93

Dean Malenko vs Tatanka

Malenko grapples Tatanka to the canvas but the Native American Star fights back with some chops and a clothesline. Tatanka yells out a war cry before drop kicking Malenko to the canvas. Malenko gains a brief advantage but when he rams Tatanka’s head into the buckle, Tatanka yells out and slams Malenko down before doing a war dance and climbing up top. Cross Body off the top and Malenko gets pinned.

Winner: Tatanka(w/a cross body off the top)

Crowd Reaction: 46

The same Kona Crush vignette from Prime Time Wrestling airs.

Segment Approval Rating: 60

The Beverly Brothers(w/The Genius) vs the New Foundation

The New Foundation are one week away from the biggest match of their career as a tag team against the WWF Tag Team Champions the Natural Disasters on SNME. Lots of double teaming from the Beverly Brothers to keep The Rocket off balance but a double one foot dropkick stunned the Beverlies so the Anvil could make his way in. Anvil runs down both Beverly Brothers with a double clothesline. The Genius goes to throw the scroll in but the Anvil catches it and slams it down, denting it. The Beverly Brothers go for the Shaker Heights Spike(Double Hiptoss into a Double Power Bomb) but the Anvil fights out and double clothesline. Anvil scoops u Blake and The Rocket dropkicks Blake from the Anvil’s clutches in a modified Hart Attack. Cover gets three as the New Foundation win.

The New Foundation(w/The New Hart Attack)

Segment Approval Rating: 63

Crowd Reaction: 60

Jake Roberts interview

Jake Roberts is standing in the interview area in a three piece suit with his hair slicked back and the WWF World Title over his shoulder, preparing to be interviewed by Mean Gene Okerlund.

Gene: Ladies and Gentlemen, I am standing here backstage with one of the most crafty individuals in the World Wrestling Federation today, Jake Roberts. You have a big match on Saturday Night’s Main Event teaming with the Undertaker to face the reuniting Megapowers. The question is are you prepared for this match?

Jake Roberts: Gene, Gene, Gene, of course I am prepared. I am not the World Wrestling Federation Champion because I got everything handed to me on a platter, unlike some people who’s names I will refrain from mentioning, Hulk Hogan. I am earned this piece of gold over my shoulder every step of a way. It isn’t my fault that Flair and Hogan were too busy fighting each other to pay attention to me. The trap was set, the trap was sprung, and putting those two over the top rope to winning the Rumble and capturing this belt was like taking candy from a baby. As for the match on Saturday Night’s Main Event, it is in the bag. I have one of the Mega Powers in my back pocket. The question is, which one. Hmmm, that is a question that will be answered in due time. Money that goes with being the champion does go a long way and to steal a phrase from my good friend Ted DiBiase, everyone has a price. Trust me, one of the Mega Powers has went over to the dark side. My plan will come out on Saturday Night’s Main Event in all of it’s sinister glory. The WWF World Title is not leaving my waist any time soon. That is all that really needs to be said on this issue.

Jake Roberts leaves the interview area.

Segment Approval Rating: 89

Skinner vs Randy Savage

Savage pounds away on Skinner and throws the aligator man to the floor. Skinner reverses a whip, sending Savage into the guardrail. Skinner throws Savage into the ring and pounds away on him. Skinner suplexes Savage and gets two. Savage fights back and goes up top for a double axe handle blow. Savage grabs Skinner, but Skinner spits Tobacco Juice into his eyes. Skinner hits the Aligator Neckbreaker on Savage but only gets two. Skinner goes up top but gets slammed up. Savage leaps up and drops the elbow to score the pin. The Macho Man wins this match as Jake Roberts watches from the aisle. Roberts claps for Savage’s victory and turns around before Savage can see him.

Winner: Randy Savage(w/The Flying Elbowdrop)

Crowd Reaction: 72

Match Quality: 74

Guest Prototype

Good show. Im really excited for SNME after hearing that Roberts has a Mega Power in his pocket. I wonder which one it is, or did neither actually sell out? If one of them did, my bet is on Hogan.

Even through I have two shows left before Saturday Night’s Main Event, I am posting a preview because unless anyone gets injured or goes to rehab. Predictions are welcomed.

WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event February 1992

If Hogan or Savage score the win then whomever gets the pinfall gets the World Wrestling Federation Title shot at Wrestlemania VII, if Jake Roberts or Undertaker score the win them someone else gets a World Wrestling Federation Title Shot at Wrestlemania:

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs the Undertaker and Jake Roberts:

It all started at the oddest of places. A reception of a wedding. Jake Roberts and The Undertaker crashed the wedding reception of Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth, sparking a feud between Randy Savage and Jake Roberts. The only problem is that Randy Savage lost a retirement match at Wrestlemania VII and was unable to get revenge on Jake Roberts in the ring. Meanwhile Hulk Hogan had been the World Wrestling Federation Champion after defeating Sgt. Slaughter. Ric Flair arrived and Flair and Hogan got into a confrontation on the Funeral Parlor but the Undertaker attacked Hogan, sparking a feud between the two. The Undertaker pinned Hulk Hogan to capture the World Wrestling Federation Title at the 1991 edition of the WWF Survivor Series. Hogan regained the title 6 days later at This Tuesday In Texas but both matches were under controversal means so Jack Tunney made the World Wrestling Federation Title vacate. Jake Roberts and Randy Savage continued their feud with the now reinstated Savage pinning Jake Roberts at This Tuesday In Texas. The feud was far from over between these two and Jake Roberts, The Undertaker, Mr Perfect, and Ric Flair jumped Hogan and Savage during a WWF untelevised event. Hogan and Savage had not crossed paths on the same side since the 1989 Megapowers explode saga and were forced to be reluctant allies. The World Wrestling Federation Title was on the line in the 1992 Royal Rumble where Jake Roberts shocked the world by eliminating both Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan to capture his first WWF World Title. Jack Tunney made a statement shortly after that Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage would face Jake Roberts and The Undertaker with the above stipulations in place. One problem with that. Hogan and Savage still don’t like each other from their 1989 feud. With the cunning Jake Roberts playing the Megapowers against each other, even hinting that one of the Megapowers could have sold out to the Snake, could they coexist long enough for one of them to get a chance for the gold at Wrestlemania VIII or will there mistrust destroy them. Could Roberts be right about the Megapower selling out? If so, the one who isn’t selling out could be up a creek without a paddle.

Prediction for Winner:

If Hogan and Savage win, who will get the pinfall:

If Jake Roberts is telling the truth about the Megapowers selling out, which one is it:

Special Grudge Match:

Ric Flair(w/Mr. Perfect) vs Rowdy Roddy Piper

Roddy Piper was considered the dirtiest player in the game in the World Wrestling Federation, until Ric Flair showed up. Both men had a series of matches on untelevised shows in late 1991 with nothing settled. The feud settled down when both men attempted to focus on capturing the World Wrestling Federation Champion Title in the Royal Rumble Match. The feud reignited when Piper chased off Ric Flair to prevent him from doing damage to a prelimnary opponent during a match on Superstars. Both men say that they are the dirtiest player in the game and Roddy Piper seems to be determined to out cheat Ric Flair. Ric Flair seems to be determined to prove that Roddy Piper is out of his league. Who is the dirtiest player in the game?

Prediction for Winner:

Virgil and Bret Hart vs Irwin R. Schyster and Ted DiBiase

Virgil was the bodyguard of Ted DiBiase until Virgil turned on DiBiase for being mistreated and beat him for the Million Dollar Title at Summerslam. After DiBiase regained the title, he turned his attention to Bret Hart and the Interconinental Title. Both second generation wrestlers, DiBiase wanted to beat Bret Hart to win his first real singles title in the WWF. Meanwhile IRS accused Virgil of being a tax cheat, sparking a feud between the two. IRS cheated to beat Virgil at MSG after hitting him with the briefcase. IRS then cost Virgil a match with DiBiase on Challenge but Bret Hart saved Virgil from a beating. Now all four of these wrestlers will face each other in tag team action.

Prediction for Winner:

WWF World Tag Team Title Match:

The New Foundation vs the Natural Disasters©(w/Jimmy Hart)

The Natural Disasters beat the Legion of Doom to win the World Wrestling Federation Title at the Royal Rumble and we have not seen Hawk and Animal since. However a new tag team has moved up to the spot of number one good guy tag team. The team of the Anvil and the Rocket, the New Foundation. The Anvil has been here before as he was a former two time World Wrestling Federation Champion with Bret Hart. They have scored a series of impressive victories over teams such as the Beverly Brothers and the Orient Express to earn this title match against the biggest, baddest, and most brutal tag team in the World Wrestling Federation today.

Prediction for Winner:

El Matador vs the Mountie(w/Jimmy Hart)

This was scheduled to be the Mountie vs Bob Backlund but Backlund will be out due to a shock stick induced condition so Backlund’s good friend El Matador will fill in for him. The Mountie is looking to continue his shocking winning streak and would want to add El Matador to his list.

Prediction for Winner:

And here is a little bonus goodie for your enjoyment:

From the April 1992 Edition of World Wrestling Federation Magazine

The Bite

By Vic Venom

(Disclaimer: The comments in this column is strictly those of Vic Venom and not of anyone else in Titan Sports)

Allow me to introduce myself. I am the newest writer in the WWF Magazine. My name is Vic Venom and quite frankly, you can say I have a bit of an attitude.

I know what works in the world of wrestling. Times have changed over the years and some of the priciples being used in wrestling have been out dated since the late 1980s. The fact of the matter is this. You need a bit of an attitude in this day and age to survive in wrestling. Crap like training, saying your prayers, and eating your vitamins is slowly becoming the way of the dinosaur.

For the first time in many years, the World Wrestling Federation Champion is a man of cunning intelligience. That man is Jake Roberts. Mr. Roberts is a genius in the world of wrestling. He saw that his outdated cartoonish persona was sending him fast to the opening matches so he changed his out look on this profession really quick. As a result he is now the World Wrestling Federation Champion. Many of the arm chair experts in this sport have declared Hulk Hogan to win the title. Jake Roberts proved them wrong in an excellent matter.

Some relics of the 80s are still hanging around this company, doing nothing to change their act and taking up a spot which could go to one of the many hungry young wrestlers out there to make a living. Quite frankly, that disgusts me in a way you cannot imagine. Guys like Jim Duggan, Koko B. Ware, Jimmy Snuka, and many, many others are so far past their primes, it isn’t even funny. The Texas Tornado, what in the heck is a Texas Tornado. You’re name is Kerry Von Erich, kid. You do not need to hide behind cartoonish names, you’re name speaks for yourself. El Matador??? Give me a break. Former Interconinental Champion, Former Tag Team Champion, yet you are being a bull fighter from Mexico. Tell me you aren’t being serious, Tito. That is a bunch of bull. These cartoonish gimmicks should get laughed out of wrestling but every week they get trotted out. We have Berzerkers, Mounties, Repo Mans. You think you are going to hear, coming to the ring the World Wrestling Federation Champion, The Berzerker. The thought of that is absolutely ludicrous. No One would take someone named the Berzerker seriously as World Wrestling Federation Champion. Huss, Huss, indeed.

Not all the superstars are in this world of cartoonish wonder. There are men like Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, The Undertaker, Jake RobertsTed DiBiase, Bret Hart, and countless others who are leaving the cartoonish overtones at home and getting the job done. Sure the Undertaker may be a little off the charts but no one in his right mind would call the Undertaker cartoonish. 5 or 10 years from now, these people who just get the job done will be looked back at fondly. Those people who fail to share the circus image will be looked at as merely a footnote and a joke for people who don’t like wrestling. That is the bottom line of it all.

Until next month, this has been Vic Venom.

Guest Prototype

Cant wait for SNME. Here are my predictions:

Roberts and Undertaker beat Flair and Hogan - Neither man has sold out

Flair beats Piper

Dibiase and IRS beat Hart and Virgil

Natural Disasters beat New Foundation

Mountie beats Matador

PS- I dont really like the "bite." This diary is from a time when "cartoonish" may have been a word to describe the wrestling scene, but thats what made it a fun time to me. I think The Bite takes away some of the realism from the diary and some of the fun, if you ask me. Just my two cents though.

WWF Challenge 2/9/92

The Masked Executioner vs “Insane” Sid Justice(w/a stretcher)

Sid beats up the Executioner, clothesline, powerslam, choke slam, power bomb, and that’s all she wrote. Sid throws the Executioner to the floor and delivers a sick power bomb, snapping the stretcher in half and leaving the Masked Executioner hurt on the floor.

Winner: Sid Justice(w/The Power Bomb)

Segment Approval Rating: 45

Crowd Reaction: 41

Match Quality: 49

Rowdy Roddy Piper interview:

Gene Okerlund: Ladies and gentlemen I am with the man who will go one on one with Ric Flair in six days time on Saturday Night’s Main Event. Piper, how do you think you can hang with the Dirtiest Player in the Game.

Piper:YEE-YOW, Mean Gene, the Hot Rod is the dirtiest player in the game so I fail to see how I can hang with myself. Ric Flair is a one dimensional cheater with lacking of creativity. The Hot Rod shall school that punk on the finer arts of being the dirtiest player in the game. Sure Flair may be one of the top wrestlers in the game but I am not going to wrestle Flair. Oh no, this is not going to be a fair wrestling match. This is going to be a knock out, drag out, fight with all the rules thrown out of the window. Flair cannot hope to hang with the Hot Rod. Flair this is your chance to prove yourself and I don’t think you can hang with me. You will be scorched by the fury of the Hot Rod.

Marty Jannetty vs The Berzerker(w/Mr. Fuji)

Next week on Challenge the Berzerker will face Jim Duggan in a special Challenge exclusive but tonight The Berzerker has to fight Jannetty. Jannetty pounds away on the Berzerker but Berzerker turns the tide and husses his way through the match. Berzerker misses an elbowdrop off the second rope. Jannetty hits a superkick and Rocker Dropper but Fuji is on the ring apron. Jannetty dropkicks Fuji off the ring apron and Berzerker knees Jannetty in the back and lifts him up in a rear waistlock before throwing him to the mat in an atomic throw. Berzerker covers Jannetty to score the pin.

Winner: The Berzerker(w/the Atomic Throw)

Crowd Reaction: 57

Match Quality: 59

The Funeral Parlor with Irwin R. Schyster

Paul Bearer is standing on the set oif the funeral parlord.

Bearer:Oh yesss, welcome to the Funeral Parlor. I am the greatest supernatural talk show host today, Paul Bearer and I have a very special guest today, the man by the name of Irwin R. Schyster.

Schyster enters the Funeral Parlor in a three piece suit, carrying his briefcase. IRS shakes hands with Bearer.

Bearer: Mr. Schyster, you have been having some problems as of late with a man known as Virgil…

Schyster: Virgil, this man is nothing but an uneducated, tax cheating, street thug, Mr. Bearer. He could not hope to hold a candle to my wrestling ability. I beat him in MSG and if he wants another match with me, I would be happy to school him again. Virgil may have got lucky a couple of times last year against Ted DiBiase but his luck has just run out and now he is just another scrub. Virgil is nothing to me, Mr. Bearer and his tax cheating will catch up to him when I give him a severe audit.

BearerThank you Mr. Schyster, I am sure that Virgil is no match for your wrestling abilites but I must ask as you team up with Ted DiBiase to face Virgil and Bret Hart on Saturday Night’s Main Event, what is your strategy going in against a top wrestler such as Bret Hart.

Schyster: My strategy is very simple, Mr. Bearer. Keep Bret Hart out of the ring because despite the fact that he is Canadian and thus a tax cheat, he is a pretty good wrestler. Virgil will be pinned swiftly and suddenly.

Bearer: Glad to have you join us, Mr. Schyster. Next week on the Funeral Parlor I will have the WWF president Jack Tunney on the show. Tune in to Challenge next week for another spooky addition of the funeral parlor.

Segment Approval Rating: 73

The Texas Tornado vs The Undertaker(w/the World Wrestling Federation Champion Jake Roberts)

Due to Paul Bearer’s funeral parlor duties, Jake Roberts subs in for Bearer, even carrying the urn. The Tornado pounds away on Taker but no go. Taker chokes the life out of the Texas Torando and goes for a clothesline but Von Erich ducks and a pair of dropkicks. The Texas Tornado claws the Undertaker and lets go before nailing him with the Tornado Spin Punch for a two count. Von Erich goes up top and cross body is caught and twisted into the Tombstone for the pin. Jake Roberts entered the ring and dropped Von Erich with the DDT before posing over him with the betl.

Winner: The Undertaker(w/The Tombstone Piledriver)

Crowd Reaction: 78

Randy Savage interview:

Gene Okerlund is standing by. Take it away, Gene.

Gene Okerlund: I am with…

Savage: Hogan, Hogan, HOGAN, he is nothing but a back stabbing scumbag. I know for a fact that I am am not turning on Hogan so he must be the one that is cahoots with Jake Roberts. Hogan, I knew it from day one that you were the scum of the earth but I never liked you, I never trusted you. You went after my title because you were jealous Hogan. Hogan, you are walking a dangerous line. You better have second thoughts and you better not cross me on Prime Time Wrestling when we have to team up because I have no problems, no second thoughts, no reservations about dragging a dead tag team partner to the ring at Saturday Night’s Main Event. Remember this Hogan, stab me in the back and you just put your career in my hands, Hogan. Jake Roberts, that belt is coming around my waist despite the fact that you have Hogan in your back pocket. I will fight three men if that’s what it takes to earn a shot. Jake Roberts, after Saturday Night’s Main Event the Macho Man will march to Wrestlemania and recapture the World Wrestling Federation Title, oh yeahhhhhh!!!!

Segment Approval Rating: 97

Hercules vs the WWF Interconinental Champion Bret Hart in a non-title match

Hercules works over Bret Hart with some rest holds but Bret makes the comeback with a Russian Legsweep and backbreaker but elbow is missed off the second rope. Full Nelson but Bret fights out. Hercules delivers a powerslam after catching Bret on a cross body and puts the feet on the ropes for two. Herc is up but a superplex attempt but Herc hooks the leg on the way down for two. Herc goes for a power bomb but Bret punches away and rolls up Hercules for two. Herc grabs the chain and goes to hit Bret but Bret ducks and reverse roll up scores the pin.

Winner: Bret Hart(w/a reverse roll up)

Segment Approval Rating: 69

Crowd Reaction: 65

Challenge to a 4.24 Rating

Prime Time Wrestling 2/10/92:

Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan are standing by at Prime Time Studios.

Monsoon: Welcome ladies and gentlemen, I am Gorilla Monsoon…

Heenan: And I am Bobby “The Brain” Heenan.

Monsoon: We have a big card tonight…

Heenan: That’s right. Ric Flair is wrestling today. The man is in action on Prime Time Wrestling. You have got to be fair to Flair, Monsoon and having Flair face a neanderthal like Jim Duggan is not being fair to Flair. Flair is so far above the skills of someone like Duggan, it is pitiful. Flair can beat Duggan blindfold, with one hand tied behind his back, and the other hand helping Duggan.

Monsoon: That is all good and well Brain but the Megapowers will be teaming up tonight as a warm up for their match on Saturday Night’s Main Event. They will go against the Nasty Boys.

Heenan: Of course you have to talk about the Giant Egomaniac and the Macho Mutt. You are not being fair to Flair. Monsoon you have got to be fair to Flair because not being fair to Flair is just not fair to Flair. I do believe the director is telling us that we need to wrap up this opening bit, how dare he limit the Brain on the time to spout his wisdom. Let’s take it down to the ring where the Big Boss Man is in action against some ham-en-eggar.

The Big Boss Man vs the Lightning Kid

Boss Man beats down the Kid and throttles him on the top rope before doing the Boss Man straddle and sliding the outside and uppercutting him across the chin. Kid comes back with some chops but Boss Man counters a leapfrog into a slick spinebuster slam. Boss Man pounds Kid in the corner and throws him into the corner and goes for a corner splash but LK moves out of the way. Spin Kick and the Kid goes up top. The Kid does an odd high risk move that have a couple dozen flips in it but only gets two. The Kid delivers a leaping kick and goes up top and goes for a cross body but Boss Man catches him and powerslams him. One Boss Man Slam later and the Boss Man wins this match.

Winner: The Big Boss Man(w/The Boss Man Slam)

Segment Approval Rating: 66

Crowd Reaction: 46

Match Quality: 87

We cut back to the Prime Time Studios.

Monsoon: An impressive win from the Big Boss Man over the youngster. Boss Man is quickly moving up the food chain of the WWF.

Heenan: I guess that Ham-En-Eggar better not drop the soap if he ever gets in Boss Man’s prison. He would be in for some hard times and the Boss Man sure knows how to use to nightstick in some strange ways. Of course the Brain wouldn’t know personally but he has heard some stories come out of the lockeroom.

Monsoon: Will you…wait a minute. We have an urgent message. A WWF camera has caught something backstage at the arena where the matches for Prime Time Wrestling has been aired. Let’s go there now.

We got to the backstage area as we see Koko B. Ware running down the hall.

Koko B. Ware: Come quick. Someone get help. We need a trainer down here.

A few wrestlers including Jim Powers, Iron Mike Sharpe, and the Malenko Brothers come to see what is up and we see Hulk Hogan lying on the floor of the arena, holding his head, moaning in pain. Koko kneels down beside Hogan.

Koko: Who did this to you, Hulk?

Hogan doesn’t answer as Jimmy Snuka comes from off camera. He has something in his hands that the camera picks up.

Snuka: Koko, look what I found.

Snuka holds up a broken baseball bat and a neon green Macho Man cowboy hat.

Koko: Has Savage….

Snuka: I don’t know. This seems to be some pretty strong evidence that Savage is the one that did this to Hogan and why should we be surprised. He has turned on Hogan before…

The Bushwhackers walk in WWF t-shirts and workout pants to check out the situation, while some medics are coming in. Hogan tries to pull himself up.

Hogan:Savage….set-up….Snake…..behind….attack.

Hogan obviously has a concussion as he slumps back down. We quickly fade back to the arena.

Segment Approval Rating: 100

Hercules vs Tatanka

The announcers talk about the attack during most of the match and argue whether or not Savage has turned. McMahon thinks Savage has turned while Mr. Perfect says that Savage doesn’t have the guts to go to the darkside. Hercules works over Tatanka for most of the match but after Herc slams Tatanka into the buckles, Tatanka does the Indian War Dance of Doom and hits a cross body off the top to score the pin.

Winner: Tatanka(w/the cross body off the top)

Crowd Reaction: 52

Match Quality: 64

Monsoon: What a win from Tatanka, defeating the WWF legend Hercules! However that is not all what we just saw, we saw someone attack Hulk Hogam from behind. Hogan’s partipation in tonight’s main event is in serious doubt as it appears that he took a pretty hard hit on the head…

Heenan: Not that it would do any damage on Hogan.

Heenan: Seriously through, Monsoon, who ever attacked Hogan should get the Nobel Peace Prize. I don’t care if it was Savage, Jake Roberts, The Undertaker, or even the Brooklyn Brawler, anyone who attacks Hogan is number two in the Brain’s book. Number one would of course be occupied by Ric Flair because you have to be Fair to Flair.

Monsoon: Brain, you have some really demented views of life.

Heenan: Well thank you.

Bret Hart interview:

Lord Alfred Hayes is standing by. Take it away your Lord Alfred.

Lord Alfred Hayes: Chaps I am standing by with one of the top athletic competitors in the world of the world. That man being the Excellence of Execution, Bret Hart. Mr. Hart, you have been adding quite a few title defenses to your already heavy schedule, do you think you are spreading yourself too thin?

Bret Hart: Your lordship, I am proving that I can be one of the greatest Interconinental Champions of all time when I defend this belt night in night out against some of the top wrestlers in the world. I have beat Skinner. I beat IRS. I beat the Mountie. I beat The Barbarian. That isn’t even the start of this. Anyone who wants a title shot at this belt, can come and try to wrestle it away from me.

Lord Hayes: I see. What about the man who has been wanting an Interconinental Title Shot over the last couple of weeks, a Mr. Ted DiBiase?

Bret Hart: That is a really interesting case. DiBiase is a man who has all the wrestling talent in the world but perfers to attempt to use his money to get ahead. DiBiase has yet to sign his name on the dotted line for an Interconinental Title Match and he keeps saying I am ducking him. I always have an open contract, all he has to do is take the time and sign his name on that contract. We will find out who is the greatest second generation wrestler in the WWF today. DiBiase you will find out what is like to be in the ring with the Excellence of Execution. Just sign the contract and leave the money at home. Bring your wrestling talent and give me the match that I know you can.

Segment Approval Rating: 80

Rob Zakowski vs Rick Martel

The announcers put over Zakowski as a talented young man who has came close to winning a match on several occasions. Zakowski has some good moves in the match, including a backflip off the top with his legs split over the top rope. It only gets two. Zakowski goes up top but the Model crotches him and superplex. Model grabs Zakowski and puts him in the Boston Crab. Robbie Z has nowhere to go and he submits. Martel sprays arrogance on himself as the crowd heckles him after the match.

Winner: Rick Martel(w/the Boston Crab)

Segment Approval Rating: 67

Crowd Reaction: 50

Match Quality: 84

Monsoon: That egomaniac Martel gets another win. Someday someone will knock him off his perch.

Heenan: Aw, Gorilla you are just mad because you are not as good as looking as Martel. You don’t get all the ladies falling at your feet like the Model. Heck, the Bossman’s mother’s favorite wrestler is even the Model. Even some men like the Model but I would be sued if I went into that any further so let’s not go there.

Monsoon:Coming up next, The Undertaker and Jake Roberts are standing by backstage with Sean Mooney.

Heenan: I am going to tie my shoe.

Monsoon: I thought you weren’t scared of the Undertaker or Jake The Snake? I thought you were fearless.

Heenan: No the last time on saw Mooney’s face, I got ill. Mooney has a face not even a mother would love.

The Undertaker and Jake Roberts interview.

Sean Mooney: I am with…

Roberts: Mooney, Mooney, Mooney. Boy did you really think we would let you speak. You make small children and animals scared. You can’t be taking away my job, now could you. Now be gone with you.

The Undertaker picks up Mooney by his shirt and deposits him off camera.

Roberts: The plan is all coming together beautifully. All the deceptitable angles are falling into place for the prolongment of my reign of World Wrestling Federation Title reign. The mole in the Megapowers is in place and they shall very well be in my pocket. Deception is the most interesting thing in this world of wrestling. Hogan, I dare say you might have your answer or nice job on swerving everyone into thinking it was Savage. Trust me, I only know who it is. All shall be revealed on the Main Event. All things that are said and that happen involving the Mega Powers between now and then could be one dead end after another. It may not even be Hogan or Savage being the person who has joined the forces of the dark. Savage, remember this. The one you let the closest to your credit cards, is the one you trust the least. It could be neither, it could be both, it could someone close enough to the Mega Powers to let me in on some inside information. Heck, I could even be turning good but I seriously doubt it could happen. Nothing is for sure in this world. Trust me on this. The one who shall be turned one will do one thing at Saturday Night’s Main Event after they have been beaten, battered, bloodied, and abused. They know that their title hopes have been stripped away. One red herring after another but the truth shall be revealed. And those scorched by the truth shall do what, Mr. Undertaker.

Undertaker: REST IN PEACE.

Segment Approval Rating: 75

The Rocket(w/The Anvil) vs Earthquake(w/Typhoon and Jimmy Hart)

The Rocket attempts to outspeed Earthquake but Earthquake uses his power to slowly pound the Rocket. Rocket goes low and hits a missile dropkick and Typhoon and the Anvil brawl on the floor. Rocket goes for a cross body but powerslam gets two. Earthquake goes for the Aftershock but the Rocket moves. Jimmy Hart is on the ring apron and the Rocket grabs him by the tie and lets him have it with a punch. Earthquake has the megaphone and he charges The Rocket but Rocket ducks and sends the megaphone into the face of Earthquake with a dropkick. Rocket covers and scores a major upset, pinning Earthquake.

Winner: The Rocket(w/a dropkick that sends Jimmy Hart’s megaphone into the face of the Earthquake)

Segment Approval Rating: 69

Match Quality: 76

The Genius(w/Beau Beverly and The Barbarian) vs Jimmy Snuka

Snuka is annoucned as “A World Wrestling Federation Legend” on his way to the ring. Snuka squashes the Genius, including delivering a headbutt from the top rope but Beau Beverly is on the ring apron, distracting the referee. The Barbarian enters the ring and nearly knocks Jimmy Snuka out with the Kick of Death. The Barbarian pulls the Genius on top of Snuka. Cover and three. The Genius wins thanks to his stable of wrestlers.

Winner: The Genius(after the Barbarian and Beau Beverly interfered)

Crowd Reaction: 62

Bobby Heenan: The Genius lives up to his name. He might even be as smart as me…

Gorilla Monsoon: That big goon, The Barbarian interfered. Snuka should have won this match. This is a severe miscarriage of justice.

Heenan: No a miscarriage of justice is when Hulk Hogan wrestles. Speaking of which, that may not happen tonight since Hogan has a little boo-boo after getting cracked in the head with a ballbat.

Monsoon: Brain, Hogan has a severe concussion and he could be risking brain damage if he gets in the ring tonight !

Heenan: He would have to have a brain to damage first and since he ponders to the Humanoids out there, he obvious doesn’t.

Monsoon: Anyway Sean Mooney is backstage with Randy Savage.

Randy Savage Interview:

Sean Mooney is backstage with Randy Savage.

Mooney: It appears that the doctors have not cleared Hogan to wrestle tonight so Randy Savage, you must face the Nasty Boys alone.

Savage: Hogan is the biggest fraud in the history of this sport! I am sick of everyone thinking that because he is found backstage with a broken baseball bat lying by his side and a Macho Man cowboy hat, that I did it because God forbid the high and mighty Hulk Hogan not tell the truth. He is treated like a saint and for your information Sean Mooney, someone was going through my bag earlier and one of my cowboy hats were missing. Hogan, Roberts, screw it. I will beat the Nasty Boys tonight on my own. Hogan can milk his fake injury but he better not step one foot into the arena or I will take care of this problem once and for all. Sags, Knobbs, you picked the wrong night to be booked against me. Tonight you will be made an example out of and no one screws over the Macho Man. No one. As for Saturday Night’s Main Event, Hogan, well you can show up or not but if you even look at me wrong, God help me, I will put you out of wrestling once and for all. Ohh yeah!!!

Segment Approval Rating: 86

Jim Duggan vs Ric Flair(w/Mr. Perfect)

Lord Alfred Hayes subs in for Mr. Perfect for commentary during this match. Duggan works over Flair with his usual offense while Flair begs off for most of the match. Duggan goes for the tackle but Perfect throws the board into the ring. Duggan catches it and the referee and Duggan fight over it. This is just a set up for Perfect to slide Flair a pair of brass knuckles. Flair puts them on and as Duggan hooks Flair for a suplex, Flair pops Duggan in the jaw with them and falls on top. Feet on the ropes and Flair steals one.

This is not over as Perfect and Flair double team Duggan but the crowd cheers as Rowdy Roddy Piper comes out. Perfect and Flair go after Piper but Piper does the double coconuts. Piper grabs Flair in a Sleeperhold and Flair is thrashing out like a dead fish. Perfect grabs Piper and Piper puts Perfect in an airplane spin. Flair decides to run out.

Winner: Ric Flair(w/ a brass knuckles punch to the jaw)

Segment Approval Rating: 77

Crowd Reaction: 84

Match Quality: 64

The Nasty Boys(w/Jimmy Hart) vs Randy Savage in a handicap match

Savage pounds away at the Nasties but Jimmy Hart interferes to turn the tide. Some double teaming and Knobbs hits a powerslam and Saggs goes up top for the Nasty Elbow but Savage moves and Saggs hits the canvas. Savage pounds away on the Nasty Boys but the referee gets knocked down with a stray elbowsmash. Jimmy Hart enters the ring and gets powerslammed by Savage. The crowd is booing as Jake Roberts comes out. Savage is too busy going up top to notice and he drops the elbow on Knobbs but no referee to count it. Jake grabs a chair and enters the ring. Jake swings the chair and pastes Savage with it. Savage is down and the crowd cheers as Hulk Hogan enters the ring. Hogan grabs the chair away from Jake as Jake backs off, while giving Hogan the thumbs up. Savage pulls himself up as Hogan swings the chair. Hogan cracks the chair over the skull of Savage! Roberts leaves the ring and walks backstage as Hogan stands in the ring in a numb shock with the chair. We couldn’t tell who he was trying to hit because of the camera angle but he most certainly popped Savage. Macho isn’t going to like this when he wakes up. Sags grabs Hogan by the leg and pulls him to the floor as Knobbs drapes an arm over Savage and scores the pin.

Winners: The Nasty Boys(after Hogan hit Savage with a chair. Accident or intentional, you be the judge)

Crowd Reaction: 72

Match Quality: 74

Back to Prime Time Studios.

Monsoon: Hogan hit Savage. Has Hogan turned to the darkside? Have we seen the last of the fan favorite Hulk Hogan? Or was it just an accident.

Heenan: I always thought Hogan was scum and he just proved it by aligning himself with the biggest piece of scum that ever did scum, Jake Roberts. Apologies to all pieces of scum out there for comparing Hogan to you.

Monsoon: I think it was an accident. It was too close to call.

Heenan: In any case, Hogan is still in the wrong because he is Hogan.

Monsoon: This weekend is Saturday Night’s Main Event. Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage will face the Undertaker and Jake Roberts. Can they get along? Is there a Megapower who is turning to the darkside? Also Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair. The Natural Disasters defend the tag team titles against the New Foundation. Virgil and Bret Hart vs Ted DiBiase and IRS. El Matador vs The Mountie. All this weekend on Saturday Night’s Main Event, 10 PM Eastern Time only on FOX. Tune in next week on Prime Time for all the fallout from this big show.

WWF Saturday Night’s Main Event, February 15th 1992

Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon are your announcers for this evening

Jake Roberts and the Undertaker(w/Paul Bearer) vs Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage

The announcer’s declare the stipulations for this match, if Hogan and Savage win, whomever gets the pinfall gets a title shot at Wrestlemania VIII. If Roberts and Taker win, someone else gets a title shot at WM VIII. Savage and The Undertaker start out. Taker swings at Savage but Savage ducks underneath and starts jabbing away at the Undertaker but the Undertaker steps back a few inches. The Undertaker wallops Savage with a thrust to the throat. The Undertaker lifts Savage up and a series of body shots rocking back on the Macho Man. Taker whips Savage into the ropes and goes for clothesline but Savage ducks underneath. Savage comes back off the ropes with a leaping knee to the face, but the Undertaker remains on his feet. Savage punches away on Taker and goes to the outside. Savage leaps off and double axe handle chop to the head but Taker is still on his feet. Savage backs up and clothesline. The Undertaker once again stands, not feeling any of Savage’s offense. Taker thrusts Savage in the throat and Taker rams Savage in the corner before tagging in Jake Roberts. Taker holds Savage so Roberts can pummel Savage. Roberts snap mares The Macho Man down and drops a knee down across the forehead. Roberts chokes away at Savage. One, Two, Three, Four, Break. Roberts lifts up Savage and kneelift, sending Savage rocking backwards.

Roberts lifts up Savage and double axe handle to the top of the head. Roberts throws Savage into the ropes. Roberts goes for a clothesline but Savage ducks underneath. Savage comes back with a back elbow smash, sending the Snake crashing back down to the mat. Savage kicks Roberts in the ribs and goes behind. Savage hoists Roberts up and down with an atomic drop. Savage delivers a charging axe handle blow to the back of the head and bounces off the ropes but Hogan does a blind tag. Savage is not pleased but Hogan enters the ring. Hogan pounds away at Roberts with punches. Hogan hooks Roberts and hoists him up. Hogan drives Roberts down with an inverted atomic drop. Hogan clotheslines Roberts down and follows it up by dropping an elbow down across the chest. Hogan rubs the sole of his boot across the face of Roberts. Hogan rams Roberts into the corner. Hogan rakes his nails across the chest of Roberts and blasts Roberts with some punches to the face. Hogan throws Roberts into the ropes. Hogan ducks the head and Roberts drops to his knees. Roberts stuns Hogan with an uppercut to the throat and Hogan falls back clutching his throat. Jake Roberts picks up Hogan and rams him into the fist of the Undertaker. Hogan falls back and tag to the Dead Man. The Undertaker lifts up Hogan and chokes him down to the mat. The referee is putting the count on Taker and Taker breaks at four. Taker backs up and drops a knee down on the forehead of Hogan.

Taker lifts up Hogan and pulls him into the clothesline. Taker slowly wears down Hogan with some stomps across the chest. Undertaker wraps both hands across the throat of Hogan and Hogan is struggling on the mat. We have to step out for a commercial break.

===========This Match Will Continue=============

===========This Match Continues===============

The Undertaker bodyslams Hogan down to the mat and chokes him on the mat. We take a look during the commerical break where the Undertaker dropped Hogan chest first down across the guardrail and Jake Roberts cheapshotted him with a clothesline. The Undertaker picks up Hogan and hooks him. Taker lifts up Hogan and drops him with a vertical suplex. Taker lifts Hogan up and Taker throws Hogan into the corner. Taker squashes Hogan in the corner with a clothesline. Taker then follows this up with a choke in the corner. Taker tags Jake Roberts in. Taker holds Hogan so Jake can knee him in the face. Jake slowly works over Hogan with punches. Jake Roberts grabs Hogan and pulls him into a clothesline. Jake covers Hogan hooking the leg. One, Two, Hogan kicks out at two. Jake Roberts goes right to a chinlock. Roberts is working over Hogan and the referee checks the arm. The arm lifts and the arm falls. That’s one. The referee is checking the arm again. The arm lifts and the arm falls a second time. The referee checks the arm again. If it drops again, this match is over. The arm lifts and it stays up. Hogan hulks up out of the move.

Hogan rams a series of elbowsmashes into the gut of Roberts and shifts his weight. Hogan delivers a belly-to-back suplex and both men are down. The referee is putting the standing ten count on both men. Hogan is crawling towards the corner. Paul Bearer is on the ring apron and he distracts the referee. Tag to Savage and Savage rushes in and attacks Roberts but the referee spins around and forces Savage back into the corner. The referee cannot allow the tag, if the referee did not see the tag. Savage is busy argueing with the referee as Roberts holds Hogan in the corner for Taker to choke him. Taker is the legal man now and the referee is still with Savage. Paul Bearer hands the urn to the Undertaker. Taker pulls Hogan up and brings the urn down onto the head of Hogan. Hogan is down, limp on the canvas. Taker covers Hogan hooking the leg. The referee is back into the postion. One, Two, Thr….Hogan kicks out with authority!!!

Hogan is on his knees and shaking his head, with his nostrils flaring and sweat dropping down his face. Taker punches Hogan, but Hogan shrugs it off. Taker punches Hogan, but Hogan is still not feeling it. Taker punches Hogan again as Hogan comes up on his feet. Hogan warns the Undertaker. Taker goes for another punch but Hogan blocks it. Hogan blasts the Undertaker in the face with three punches. Hogan whips Taker into the ropes and Hogan delivers the big boot but the Undertaker remains on his feet. Hogan pats his elbow and backs off the ropes. Hogan knocks the Undertaker down to the canvas with the axe bomber elbow smash. Hogan goes for the Leg Drop but The Undertaker sits up as Bearer raises the urn in the air. Hogan clutches his back and Taker scoops up Hogan for a Tombstone but Hogan kicks his feet. Hogan lands and bodyslams Taker down. Hogan bounces off the ropes and this time he connects with the Big Leg Drop. Hogan covers Taker. One, Two, Thr…Jake Roberts breaks the cover with a double axe handle to the back of the head.

Hogan pounds away on Roberts and sends him down with a big boot. Taker is up to his feet and he grabs Hogan in a goozle. Taker lifts Hogan off the canvas and choke slams him down. Hogan lies on the canvas motionless. Taker covers Hogan hooking the leg. One, Two, Thr…Hogan rolls the shoulder somehow. Taker lifts up Hogan and throws him into the ropes but Hogan sends Taker down with a clothesline. Hogan falls into the corner making the tag to Randy Savage. Savage rushes into the ring and running axe handle shot, sending Taker down to the canvas. Savage climbs to the top rope. Savage leaps off with a double axe handle smash.

Hogan is on the floor but something is up. Ric Flair runs out from the back. Flair clips Hogan’s leg out from underneath him. Flair stomps away on Hogan on the floor. Taker kicks Savage from behind and holds Savage as Paul Bearer is on the ring apron. Jake Roberts has the WWF World Title Belt. Roberts takes a running start towards Savage but Savage ducks. Jake Roberts hits the Undertaker with the title belt by mistake. Taker lands on the canvas and Savage scoops up Roberts and bodyslams him down to the mat. Savage climbs up to the top rope. Savage spies Flair pounding away on Hogan and briefly looks down to the floor. Savage decides to leap off and drive the Flying Elbowdrop down across the chest of Jake Roberts. Savage covers Roberts hooking the leg. One, Two, Three. Randy Savage will get a WWF World Title Shot at Wrestlemania VIII against Jake Roberts

Winners: The Mega Powers(w/a Savage Flying Elbowdrop to Roberts)

Segment Approval Rating: 88

Crowd Reaction: 91

Match Quality: 83

Interview with Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect

Mean Gene Okerlund is standing backstage with Ric Flair and his executive consultant Mr. Perfect.

Gene: Quite frankly, I am appalled at what I just saw out there. Ric Flair attacking Hulk Hogan from behind. Ric Flair, you have sunk to a new low.

Flair Mean Gene, Hulk Hogan has been ducking the Nature Boy ever since I came here. I decided to give him a reason to get in the ring for a one on one match match. He got attacked, he got attacked, he got assaulted. If Hogan is any kind of man, he will face me at the next possible date. As for tonight, I have to fight that skirt wearing freak Rowdy Roddy Piper. It makes the Nature Boy want to vomit that Piper even thinks that he is the dirtiest player in the game. Space Mountain is in business and Piper will find out that Ric Flair is the standard bearing of excellence. It is the best thing going today. Wooo!!!

Perfect: Let’s go champ. You are the greatest.

Perfect continues to pump up Flair as they head towards the ring.

Segment Approval Rating: 95

Rowdy Roddy Piper vs Ric Flair(w/Mr. Perfect)

They lock up and Piper goes to a headlock but Flair shoves off. Piper bounces off the ropes and sends Flair down to the canvas with a shoulderblock. Flair thrashes around on the canvas and Piper grabs Flair by his hair. Piper punches away at Flair and throws him into the ropes. Piper pops Flair in the jaw with a back elbowsmash. Flair rolls to the floor to stall. Flair consults with his Executive Consultant on the floor before rolling back into the ring. Lock up and Piper shoves Flair to the mat. Flair is up and Piper pounds away at Flair’s head with some punches. Piper throws Flair into the ropes and hiptoss as he comes off the ropes. Flair is on his feet and Piper pokes Flair in the eye. Flair staggers back and drops to his knees, begging off. Piper isn’t having any of that. Piper kicks Flair in the face causing Flair to land back first on the canvas. Piper picks up Flair and a couple of buckle rams. Piper climbs to the second rope and does the ten count punches to the head of Flair. The crowd counts along. At eight, Flair walks out of the corner and inverted atomic drop to Piper. Piper shrugs it up and tags Flair in the jaw with a brutal haymaker. Piper picks up Flair and throws him into the ropes. Piper delivers a high back body drop, sending Flair down to the canvas.

Flair is on his feet, clutching his back. Flair flops face first onto the canvas. Piper grabs Flair by the hair but Flair counters with a low blow, causing Piper to become doubled over. Flair backs up and chops away at the chest of Piper. Flair snap mares Piper down to the canvas. Flair backs up and drives the elbow hard down across the sternum of Piper. Flair covers Piper hooking the leg. One, Shoulder up. Flair picks up Piper and rams him into the corner. Flair chops away at Piper but Piper comes back with some chops of his own. Piper knocks Flair down to the canvas with a clothesline. Piper waits on Flair to get up and Piper scoops up Flair. Piper drives Flair down to the mat with a bodyslam. Flair thrashes on the canvas again. Flair rolls around and Piper charges Flair. Piper sends Flair over the top rope, all the way to the floor, with a clothesline. Piper slides to the floor and grabs Flair. Piper sends Flair crashing into the guardrail with an irish whip. Flair staggers out, before flopping face first on the canvas. Perfect goes after Piper but Piper casually thumbs Perfect in the eye.

Piper throws Flair back into the ring and Piper follows. Piper goes behind Flair and hooks him. Piper scoops up Flair and belly to back suplex. Piper covers Flair hooking the leg. One, Two, Shoulder up. Piper picks up Flair and throws him into the buckles. Piper charges into the corner, but Flair gets the back elbow up to the face. Flair is climbing to the top rope, but Piper catches Flair. Flair begs off. Piper slams Flair off the top rope and onto the canvas. Piper rushes at Flair and knocks him down with a dropkick. Piper covers Flair hooking the leg. One, Two, Kickout. Piper picks up Flair and Piper knocks Flair on his keister with a closed fist punch. The referee warns Piper and Piper goes for the cover. One, Two, Shoulder up. Piper picks up Flair and throws him into the corner. Flair flips over the buckle and lands on the ring apron. Piper rushes at Flair and knocks him off the ring apron with a clothesline.

Piper grabs Flair, as Flair climbs back to the ring apron. Piper shoulders Flair in the gut a pair of times and hooks Flair. Piper lifts up Flair and suplexes him back into the ring. Flair thrashes around on the canvas. Piper picks up Flair and throws him into the corner. Piper rushes into the corner but Flair moves. Piper rams his right knee into the middle buckle. Flair takes Piper’s leg out from underneath him with a vicious knee clip. Flair stomps the leg, like a shark smelling blood. Flair grabs the leg and wrenches it out. Flair drapes the leg over the bottom rope and sits down on it a pair of times. Flair pulls Piper’s leg out of the ring and does a leg scissor stomp on the leg. The announcers say that Mr. Perfect thought him that one. Flair wrenches the leg as Piper is gritting his teeth in pain.

Flair grabs the leg and rams a pair of knees into the back of it. Flair picks up Piper and hooks the leg, before chopping Piper down. Flair yells: “It’s time to go to school, wooo!!!”. Flair spins around the leg and Figure-Four Leglock is locked on. Piper has no where to go. Piper is refusing to give in and Perfect is giving Flair some leverage behind the back of the referee. Piper’s shoulders are down on the canvas. One, Two, Thr…shoulder up. Piper is struggling to stay up. He is attempting to turn the hold, but Perfect is making that a bit difficult at the moment. Piper is attempting to get the hold over and he spits in Flair’s face, which causes Flair to lose his concentration enough to break the hold. Only Piper would think of something like that. Piper limps on to his feet but Flair takes Piper’s leg out from underneath him with another chop block. Flair goes for the Figure-Four once again, but Piper counters into a small package. One, Two, Thr…Flair wiggles out of that one.

Piper shoulders Flair in the gut and Flair is doubled over. This allows Piper to attempt a sunset flip, but Flair has a hold of the rope. The referee kicks Flair off! Flair goes over for the pin attempt. One, Two, Flair wiggles out. Flair chops Piper but Piper comes back with a thumb to the eye. Piper throws Flair into the ropes and goes for a hiptoss. No, Flair blocks it. No, Piper twists it into a backslide. One, Two, Thr…Flair barely gets out of that one. Piper pounds away with Flair with chops but Flair rakes Piper’s face. Flair goes up top. Piper headbutts Flair in the groin as he is standing up top and Flair crotches himself on the top rope. Piper climbs up with Flair and hooks him but Perfect grabs the ankle of Piper tripping him. Flair falls on top of Piper from the top rope. No, Piper rolls through. One, Two, Thr…Flair gets the shoulder up. Piper catches Flair with some chops and Piper hooks Flair. Piper delivers a belly to belly suplex and rolls to the floor. Piper grabs a gym bag that he brought to the ring from the announcer’s table. Piper brings it to the ring.

Piper unzips the gym bag and pulls out, a coconut? Piper is going to smash that coconut over the face of Flair. Piper goes to hit Flair but the referee takes the tropical fruit away from Piper. Flair has brass knuckles and goes to hit Piper with them but Piper ducks and belly to back suplex. Flair thrashes around on the canvas some more. Piper grabs the brass knuckles and blasts Flair in the face with the knuckles. Piper covers Flair while slipping the knuckles back down the tights. One, Two, Thr…Flair barely brings the shoulder up. Piper gives the signal. He is going to put Flair to sleep. Piper lifts up Flair and Piper locks Flair in the Sleeperhold. Flair’s arms are thrashing but he has no where to go except to sleeper. Flair’s legs are starting to buckle. Flair brings his right foot up into the groin of the referee.

The referee falls to the outside. Piper has the sleeperhold on but Perfect is in the ring. Piper drops the Sleeperhold and clotheslines Perfect. Piper picks up the coconut and Piper smashes the coconut over the head of Perfect. Perfect does a 360 sell off of the coconut. Now that is dedication to your art. Flair has a chair meanwhile but Piper doesn’t see it as Piper slaps the Sleeperhold on Mr. Perfect. He is going to put the Executive Consultant out so he can focus 100 percent on Flair. Flair swings the chair and brings it down across the back of Piper. This causes Piper to break the hold. Flair dents the chair over the skull of Piper. Piper falls to the canvas and Flair puts the Figure-Four Leglock on Piper. Piper is lying motionless on the canvas. Another referee enters the ring and checks on Piper. Piper doesn’t respond and the referee awards the match to Flair.

Winner: Ric Flair(via knockout)

Segment Approval Rating: 80

Crowd Reaction: 84

Flair refuses to break the hold and Perfect(bits of coconut in hair and all) enters the ring and kneels over Piper. Perfect pounds away on Piper as he is being trapped in the Figure Four Leglock. The crowd explodes into cheers. Hulk Hogan rushes out from the back. Hogan enters the ring and Perfect goes after Hogan but Hogan subdues Perfect with a big boot. Flair begs off on Hogan but Hogan pounds away on Flair. Hogan throws Flair into the ropes and big boot. Perfect jumps on Hogan’s back but Hogan elbows him off. Hogan bounces off the ropes and drops the leg on Perfect. Flair runs to the back. Hogan is calling for Flair but Flair is running off to fight another day.

Randy Savage interview

Gene Okerlund is backstage with Randy Savage.

Okerlund: I am backstage with the man who earlier tonight earned the right to become the Number One Contender to the World Wrestling Federation Title at Wrestlemania VIII. Macho, you have a long and winding road ahead of you until March 29th but when you get there, you could become the World Wrestling Federation Champion for the second time.

Savage:Six weeks, Mean Gene Okerlund. Wrestlemania VIII. Jake Roberts faces his destiny. Tonight it happened, I finally earned the right to go for the gold. Despite all the mind games you play, despite all the sinister tactics, Roberts, that will not stop me from beating you. I pinned you tonight in the center of the ring. That is just a sample, just a taste of what you will receive at Wrestlemania. The taste of the gold is ever so sweet. I can almost feel it. Wrestlemania looms closer and closer. Only six weeks away, Roberts. Feel the suspense. Yeah, I can feel it. I can dig the suspense. The longer that I wait to finally put an end to your championship dynasty, the more I can taste it. Wrestlemania VIII will be the most important night in the Macho Man’s career, when he kills two birds with one stone. I shall finally seal the feud with you, my most hated enemy, and capture the World Wrestling Federation title once again for the second time. The taste the following morning would not be any more sweeter. Oh yeahhhhhh!!!!

Okerlund: Thank you Macho Man, back to Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon at ringside.

Segment Approval Rating: 100

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Title Match

The New Foundation vs The Natural Disasters(w/Jimmy Hart)©

Typhoon and The Anvil start out. They trade punches to start and the Anvil throws Typhoon into the ropes and shoulderblocks Typhoon, with neither man giving an inch to the other. Anvil backs up and forearms across the chest. Anvil going for a slam but no go. Typhoon rams a double axe handle across the back and goes for a slam of his own but the Anvil drops down. The Anvil dropkicks Typhoon, sending him staggering about five steps backwards. The Anvil attempts to whip Typhoon into the corner but no dice. Anvil pounds away on the Anvil and leaps to the second rope. Anvil delivers a clothesline off the second rope, sending Typhoon crashing down. Anvil delivers a leaping elbowdrop to the chest of Typhoon. Anvil picks up Typhoon and rams him into the corner. Anvil attempts to whip Typhoon into the ropes but Typhoon reverses it. Anvil leapfrogs over Typhoon and clotheslines him. Anvil tags in the Rocket. The Rocket pounds away at Typhoon with some forearms to the face. The Rocket goes for a cross body press but Typhoon catches him. Typhoon nearly slams the Rocket through the canvas. Typhoon drops an elbow down across the chest of the Rocket, nearly caving his chest in.

Typhoon rams the Rocket into the corner and tags in Earthquake. The Natural Disasters whip the Rocket in and send him down with a double shoulderblock. Earthquake picks up the Rocket and gutwrenches him. Earthquake sends the Rocket down with a gutwrench suplex. Earthquake leaps up and down on the canvas before dropping an elbow down across the chest of the Rocket. Earthquake picks up the Rocket and throws him into the ropes. The Rocket goes for a headscissors takeover on the rebound, but Earthquake counters with a really sloppy and weak power bomb. Earthquake picks up The Rocket and puts him in a side waistlock. Earthquake sends the Rocket down with a side suplex slam. Earthquake leaps on the canvas a few times and bounces off the ropes. Aftershock attempt but The Rocket moves and Earthquake lands butt first on the canvas.

The Rocket rolls towards the Anvil where he needs to make the tag. Jimmy Hart is yelling in the microphone, attempting to get Earthquake motivated enough to take Typhoon. Tag to Typhoon but the Rocket leaps into the corner and tag to the Anvil. Anvil enters the ring and punches away at Typhoon. The Anvil bounces off the ropes and shoulderblock. Anvil delivers two more before giving a signal. The Rocket is in the ring. The Anvil leaps into Typhoon with a slingshot shoulderblock as the Rocket legsweeps Typhoon. Anvil covers Typhoon hooking the leg. One, Two, Earthquake breaks it up with an elbow. The Rocket delivers a running dropkick but Earthquake is still on his feet. The Rocket goes for a crossbody but Earthquake catches him. The Rocket grabs onto the top rope and the momentum takes both men tumbling to the floor.

Jimmy Hart is on the ring apron and the Anvil grabs Jimmy by the tie. Anvil punches Jimmy off the apron and grabs the megaphone. He rushes at Typhoon. Typhoon powerslams Anvil down on the rebound. Typhoon bounces off the ropes and delivers a huge splash to the Anvil. Typhoon covers Anvil hooking the leg. One, Two, Three. The Natural Disasters remain WWF Tag Team Champions.

Winners: The Natural Disaster(w/ a powerslam and splash)

Segment Approval Rating: 75

Match Quality: 85

Earthquake slams the Rocket into the ring. Jimmy Hart enters the ring and holds down the Rocket as Earthquake and Typhoon are ascending opposite sides of the ropes. They are going to crush the Rocket with a double splash off opposite sides of the ring but the crowd is excited. The Legion of Doom rush down to the ring. We have not see the LOD since the Royal Rumble where they lost the belts to the Natural Disasters. Animal whacks Typhoon over the small of the back with a motorcycle helmet where Hawk grabs Earthquake and slams him off the top rope, onto the arena floor before. LOD enter the ring to soak in the cheers. Jimmy Hart is directing traffic on the floor, as the Natural Disasters wants to get back into the ring and at LOD. Jimmy Hart is against it and the tag team champions walk backstage to lick their wounds.

Jake Roberts interview

Jake Roberts is standing backstage without any interviewer.

Roberts: My plan was flawless in all of its sinister glory. It should have worked. Both of the Mega Powers thought that the other had turned their back and there were signs that agreed with their suspisions. There was just one problem. Ric Flair ruined this all. Flair, you want Hogan, you do it on your own time. I needed both Mega Powers in the ring for this plan to work and once you started beating down Hogan, you gave Savage’s full attention to the match in the ring and that cost me the victory. You got Hogan’s attention so I should say that I thank you for that distraction. Savage, you say that you are going to capture the belt at Wrestlemania. That is a very wrong thing to say. I have worked hard for this belt and I am not giving it up that easily. In fact, you could win the match but not the title because of a freak accident. I could get lost on the outside of the ring and get counted out. I could accidentally get brass knuckles on my hand and hit you with them. The referee could see them and call for the disqualification. No actually it wouldn’t be an accident. This belt is the result of 10 years of hard work and you are not taking it away from me. I can shatter a dozen rules into pieces and there isn’t a thing you can do about it. I have no problem with getting myself disqualified or counted out to keep this belt. Trust me, Savage, that is of no concern to me as long as I keep the title. You are playing a dangerous man and you have to pin me to take this title. I do not have to pin you.

Irwin R. Schyster and Ted DiBiase vs Virgil and Bret Hart

Bret and IRS start out. They lock up and Bret takes IRS down to the canvas with an armdrag. The Irwin chants start up loudly and IRS goes for a clothesline but Bret ducks. Bret hooks IRS and inverted atomic drop. Bret rams a series of forearms over the head of IRS and whips him into the ropes. Bret takes IRS up and down with a high back body drop. Bret delivers a knee to the gut doubling IRS over and snaps him down to the canvas by the hair. Bret lifts IRS off the canvas but IRS goes to the eyes of the Hitman. IRS rams Bret into the buckles and punches to the ribs while Bret is slumped in the corner. IRS whips Bret into the ropes and IRS knees Bret in the gut and abdominal stretch. IRS works over Bret but Bret counters with a hiptoss before IRS can use the ropes. Bret scoops up IRS and backbreaker. Bret makes the tag to Virgil. Virgil enters the ring and dances around IRS, before jabbing away. Virgil throws IRS into the ropes and leaping back elbow smash. IRS rolls over and Virgil makes the cover hooking the leg. One, Shoulder up. Virgil picks up IRS and elbow to the side of the head. Virgil headlocks IRS and does a running start. Virgil drives IRS down with a bulldog. Virgil covers IRS. One, Shoulder up.

Virgil hooks IRS and drives IRS’s face down across his knee. IRS rolls over and Virgil grabs IRS but IRS punches Virgil in the gut. IRS goes behind and throws Virgil chest first into the buckles. IRS delivers an elbow to the back of the head before tagging in the Million Dollar Man. IRS holds Virgil so DiBiase can kick him in the ribs. DiBiase throws Virgil into the ropes and powerslams him down. DiBiase covers Virgil hooking the leg. One, Two, Kickout. DiBiase is up and he drives a fist down across the nose of Virgil. DiBiase picks up Virgil once again and throws him into the ropes. DiBiase charges into the corner and DiBiase elbowsmash Virgil while he is slumped in the buckles. DiBiase picks up Virgil and hooks him from behind. DiBiase delivers a side russian legsweep sending Virgil down. DiBiase covers hooking the leg. One, Two, Kickout. DiBiase picks up Virgil and throws him into the ropes. DiBiase lifts up Virgil and drives him down across the knee with a gutbuster.

DiBiase tags in IRS. IRS rams some punches into the face of Virgil. IRS puts Virgil in an abdominal stretch. IRS is really cranking the hold on Virgil. IRS uses the ropes behind the back of the referee as the referee checks on Virgil. The crowd starts up a mild Virgil chant but IRS pounds away on the ribs of Virgil. IRS releases the hold and throws Virgil into the ropes. IRS goes for the Write-Off but Virgil ducks and kicks IRS in the gut. Virgil delivers a swinging neckbreaker. Both men are down and Virgil is looking to make the tag to the Hitman. Virgil tags in Bret Hart as IRS tags in DiBiase. DiBiase is in the ring and Bret punches away at DiBiase. Bret throws DiBiase into the ropes and high back body drop. Bret hooks DiBiase and drives him down with an inverted atomic drop.

Bret clotheslines DiBiase down. Bret bounces off the ropes and leaping elbowdrop to DiBiase. Bret picks up DiBiase and hooks him from behind. Bret delivers a Russian Legsweep taking DiBiase down. Bret leaps to the second rope but misses an elbowdrop off the second rope. DiBiase hooks Bret and goes for the Million Dollar Dream but Bret climbs up the buckle and flips over into a bridge. One, Two, Thr…IRS breaks up the pin with a double axe handle from behind. Virgil enters the ring and punches IRS to the floor. Virgil slides to the floor and pounds away on IRS. Bret picks up DiBiase and lifts him up. Bret delivers a vertical suplex. Bret spreads DiBiase’s legs and drives a headbutt down across the midsection. Bret picks up DiBiase and hooks him. Bret drives DiBiase down with a backbreaker. Bret leaps to the second rope and this time the elbow to the sternum connect. Bret hooks DiBiase and Sharpshooter ,but Dibiase grabs Bret by the hair before he can turn and rolls him into a small package. One, Two, Three. DiBiase has just pinned the WWF Interconinental Champion.

Winners: Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster(after a small package reversal

Crowd Reaction: 76

Match Quality: 82

El Matador vs the Mountie(w/Jimmy Hart)

Aw to draw the death slot on SNME. El Matador attacks The Mountie to start and armdrags him down. El Matador pounds away on Mountie some more and inverted atomic drop. El Matador throws Mountie into the ropes and dropkicks him down. Mountie takes it to the floor. The announcers talk about how Bob Backlund will be cleared to wrestle in March and will most likely look for the Mountie. El Matador gives chase and pounds away on the Mountie before throwing him into the ring. El Matador catches the Mountie with the Flying Jalapeno. El Matador covers. One, Two, Jimmy Hart puts The Mountie’s foot on the bottom rope. El Matador rushes outside the ring and chases Jimmy Hart around the ring. Jimmy Hart enters the ring and The Mountie clotheslines Tito down to the mat. The Mountie goes for a Boston Crab but El Matador uses his legs to flip The Mountie over.

El Matador rushes at theMountie and high cross body press but the Mountie rolls the move over. One, Two, El Matador kicks out. The Mountie grabs the shock stick and El Matador pounds away on Mountie before whipping him into the corner. El Matador charges into the corner but the Mountie sticks the shock stick into the stomach of El Matador. El Matador is doubled over and Mountie throws the shock stick to the floor. The Mountie puts El Matador in a reverse headlock, before driving him down across the knee with a neckbreaker. The Mountie covers El Matador hooking the leg. One, Two, Three. The Mountie wins.

Winner: The Mountie(w/a reverse headlock neckbreaker)

Show Approval Rating: 82