The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Aside from the obvious of the SNES Mini making everything look really nice, it kinda feels like a £70 eye opener to the whole 50/60hz thing for me. I was alternating playing a couple of things on the Mini and my actual SNES, Castlevania is waaaaaaaaay smoother.

Maybe that's a whole extra point in the favour of getting it, purely if you're in Europe.

• Like 1

I wonder what games would appear on a Nintendo 64 Mini. I think the Rare games are out, and that would disappoint a lot of people. There are the obvious first-party games, like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64, but I think the third-party inclusions would be the most intriguing.

• Like 1

Outside of Rare there are not many 3rd party games unique to the N64 to warrent inclusion.

On the note of the N64 Classic, these are the games I'd go with as a starting point.

Spoiler

Donkey Kong 64 - while a Rare game, Nintendo own the rights to everything Donkey Kong.
Excitebike 64
F-Zero X
Kirby 64
Majora's Mask
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Mario Tennis
Ocarina of Time
Paper Mario
Pokemon Snap
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
Wave Race 64
Yoshi's Story

18 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I wonder what games would appear on a Nintendo 64 Mini. I think the Rare games are out, and that would disappoint a lot of people. There are the obvious first-party games, like Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64, but I think the third-party inclusions would be the most intriguing.

If they have a Mario Party on there, that's all I need to hear for a buy.

24 minutes ago, Meacon said:

If they have a Mario Party on there, that's all I need to hear for a buy.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't one in there. I wonder if you'd get four controllers with the system or if you'd have to buy more separately.

1 hour ago, King Michaellis Myers said:

There are many obvious reasons why they wouldn't be on there, but the N64 Classic with no wrestling game will be just wrong.

Basically all I had for my N64 (I bought it very late off a mate before I went to uni) was the two WWF games and Goldeneye. Not interested if they aren't there... 

Super Mario 64 is the only one I care about to be honest. I'd love to see some other stuff like the wrestling games and such though I doubt they'll be there. NWO vs The World was probably one of my favourite games on the 64.

I am having so much fun with Super Punch Out right now. I never realized how deep the strategies for that game can go. I bought the anniversary book that came out with the SNES Mini and each game has a speedrunner who details different tactics.. I had no clue the world record for running through everyone in that game is 2 minutes and something.

• Like 1