The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

20 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Without spoiling anything, the second "boss" fight is probably one of my favorite boss fights in gaming history.  Even in my jaded-as-hell 30s, I can't help but grin and chuckle at this game.

The wedding planner in the sand world?

On 10/23/2017 at 20:44, GoGo Yubari said:

Earlier this week, it was reported that the Switch now supports the Wii U Gamecube adapter with the newest update.

When asked about it being an indication of a possible Smash Bros release, Fils-Aime responded, “Of course, there’s nothing to announce on this,” he said. “I think it’s fair to say, that peripheral working was as much a surprise to us as it was to consumers.” “In our latest system software update, it enables third-party peripherals to work on Nintendo Switch,” Fils-Aime explained. “As a result, the peripheral for Wii U that allows it to attach GameCube controllers also works.”

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Well I managed to get stuck already. I wouldn't call it a rage quit but I for sure needed to take a break

Hide contents

That fucking guy who spins around and spits out the poison all over the place. I can't figure him out :( 

Throw hat to clear poison. Hit him with hat. Jump on his head.

9 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

I bought it just for Odyssey!! I mean, I should've bought Breath of the Wild instead of Mario Kart 8 because I already have that for Wii U but whatevzzzzzzzzzzz.

6 minutes ago, Owen said:

I bought it just for Odyssey!! I mean, I should've bought Breath of the Wild instead of Mario Kart 8 because I already have that for Wii U but whatevzzzzzzzzzzz.

Yes. Come to the darkside. 

• Like 1

Finished the main story on my sons profile this morning

Spoiler

so much fun running around with Bowser for that last segment and Holy crap the amount of replayability it opens up too. Managed to 100% complete Cap Kingdom and a fair chunk of the Dinosaur one.
Right now as I'm doing all this, I have only one target on my mind... A skeleton suit that costs 9999 coins. Should be a grind.

So I’m loving it, but I kind of feel like...there’s almost too many moons? Like, the areas aren’t big enough in some cases to justify it, and I don’t really want to be stood there analysing a patch of grass carefully for 10 minutes to try and get another moon >_>

I'm still having fun with it. I like the buzz of starting in a new world and checking everything out. There's plenty to do, but it doesn't present itself in a way that feels overwhelming or intimidating. I just hope it doesn't get too repetitive later on, like I felt Super Mario 3D World did.

9 hours ago, Katsuya said:

So I’m loving it, but I kind of feel like...there’s almost too many moons? Like, the areas aren’t big enough in some cases to justify it, and I don’t really want to be stood there analysing a patch of grass carefully for 10 minutes to try and get another moon >_>

I think the idea is that there are enough easy ones to find to finish the game, but you can get a ton of extra time out of the post game content as well.

I finished the main story and I'm very, very happy with the experience and how much I'll have left to do when I feel like it.