The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

12 hours ago, Colly said:

I will never be able to read that sentence without thinking "what the fuck America".

Come on now. Why should the healthy members of the population pay for the healthcare of lazy people who don't look after themselves, like a three-year-old with cancer?

What is everyone's Mario and Rabbids team composition? Mine is Mario, Luigi and Luigi Rabbid. Seems like the ideal composition.

On ‎02‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 13:36, RPS said:

What is everyone's Mario and Rabbids team composition? Mine is Mario, Luigi and Luigi Rabbid. Seems like the ideal composition.

That's what I used for most of the game too, though occasionally subbed in Rabbid Peach if I needed a healer. Mostly in that sort of game I very stubbornly stick to the first team that works for me, rather than figure out how all the new guys work, so I never really bothered with the last few characters.

The only downside to the Mario/Luigi/Rabbid Luigi team is that lack of a good healer, but there's enough workarounds that outside of the trickier challenge levels, you can usually get by without one anyway.

For better or for worse depending on how you feel about it - Xenoblade is the first thing I've played in a long time that has felt like a Gamecube/PS2 era RPG and I kind of love that fact at the moment. Without knowing too much about it I ended up scratching two itches I've had recently - playing an RPG that doesn't have a conversation tree to navigate or choose between and my want to play an MMO recently since combat and side quest structure along with the wide open areas really feels like one at times.

I'm really liking it and I'm into Chapter Three now. Mildly annoyed by some of the standard JRPG/anime tropes but at the very least they seem to be aware of them and flip them on their heads more than a few times.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 09:21, Maxx said:

1. Sign in to your Nintendo Account at https://my.nintendo.com
2. Click "Menu" in the upper-left corner, then click "Redeem a point code." 
3. Enter the 16-digit point code from your e-mail, then click "Submit." 
4. Each My Nintendo point code can only be redeemed one time. 
5. The My Nintendo points will be added to your Points total (in the top-right corner 
of the screen).

PSTCK6J4M64BH65K

• Like 1

I redeemed that code, then looked to see what I could get for said coins.

I now regret redeeming said code and will not do so again until there are Switch rewards.  My apologies.

Separate:  WWE 2k18 hitting for Switch has made me think how much fun Fire Pro would be on that system.  Alas, maybe soon.

Does the fact that theres no D-Pad on the left joy con bother anyone? It seems to be a big thing online, Reddit especially and I've seen a ton of videos where people have done some pretty good mods that deconstruct the joy cons and reassemble them with translucent N64 style cases that include a D-Pad. I'm way too scared to even try that though with an extra set of Joy Cons setting you back $80.00.

I haven't actually touched a Switch yet, but I do use my D-Pad on my 3DS over the thumb stick so it may take some real getting use to with the separate buttons. 

I'm so glad the Switch is doing well, and it deserves to. The Wii U was a bit of a bust in comparison, but that's not really a surprise. I view the Wii U pretty much as a Switch Prototype, and the improvements over the Wii U are easy to see. I love Nintendo.

Nintendo Land is fantastic for children and adults alike. Both the co-operative and competitive mini-games are a lot of fun, and they're the sort of things that play really well to the Wii U's gimmick. The Luigi's Mansion mini-game is legitimately one of my favourite local multiplayer experiences ever.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, iDOL said:

I almost got a Wii U for $75 a couple days ago just to add it to my collection, but the seller unloaded it on someone else before I could get it. That's the cheapest one I've found, everything online is sky high.

I found mine cheap on eBay about 18 months ago, I picked it up for £100 because the seller typo'd (WiiU as opposed to Wii U), it was still in the cellophane as well.

Nothing too exciting, but Nintendo eShop are running a sale at the moment, if you want to get such bargains as Farming Simulator Nintendo Switch Edition for £28.49.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1