The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Splatoon 2 is so much fun. I feel like this will be Splatoon 1 all over again with me talking about it nonstop and no one else playing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RPS said:

Splatoon 2 is so much fun. I feel like this will be Splatoon 1 all over again with me talking about it nonstop and no one else playing. 

I made a similar post a couple of months ago. It's probably my favourite online multiplayer game ever, but my biggest problem is that my connection is weak, so I can only really play it at certain times of the day. I've disconnected a lot of times when anyone else near me even thinks about using the internet.

20 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

It looks so fun but I really hate competitive online stuff.

It's not at all competive like other online shooters. Not stressful and pretty carefree. @Bobfoc can attest. The lack of chat really makes you not care when you lose a round.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

It looks so fun but I really hate competitive online stuff.

It really is the best game I've played for people who don't like competitive kill streaks and win/loss records. There are people who like to charge head-on and run into enemy territory, but you'll get a lot more success sticking to your own area and focusing on the task at hand. I've never felt as though I've let a team down because you're always contributing to a measurable team effort. Even if I did, the rounds are so short and snappy that you'll quickly move on anyway.

• Like 1

Nintendo is teasing a big reveal tonight at 10PM UK time that is going to be a "new interactive experience" that was tailor built for children and children at heart. A lot of people are re-tweeting it including the director of Animal Crossing New Leaf (which is apparently a rarity) and a guy at Ubisoft who had said that something was coming a while ago, is now saying that it's going to make the "internet explode".