The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Got to meet Doug Bowser while I was still working for GameStop, he's a genuinely awesome dude and I'm fully confident Nintendo of America's gonna do great with him at the helm. Definitely going to miss Reggie, he was Nintendo of America's identity for more than a decade... was very sad to hear the news but happy that it was for all the right reasons at least.

On 21/02/2019 at 16:28, Liam said:

I don't know anything about the newer ones. I liked the concept though.

My God, I ended up getting it and its more depressing than I thought. There is no football club any more and its been replaced with... baseball.

1 minute ago, 9 to 5 said:

Is it like the ISS 64 RPG part of that game?

I haven't got that far yet. But that version of ISS was fantastic, I still remember a little scene in it when someone finds a dirty magazine :lol:

16 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Is it like the ISS 64 RPG part of that game?

I can't remember that.

IIRC you are a bit of an outcast as the football/soccer team is. You basically go around and recruit players by doing quests for them and then play a game of football that becomes somewhat rock/paper/scissors in nature and based on the stats of your players, with the match effectively the boss fight for that chapter/level. As people leveled up, they got new shots or tackles, as well as team moves IIRC.

18 minutes ago, MDK said:

I haven't got that far yet. But that version of ISS was fantastic, I still remember a little scene in it when someone finds a dirty magazine :lol:

That's my clearest memory too, the dorm mum finding it in your room! Also your guy's total shock of not making the national team for the world cup despite barely ever playing for your club.

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

I can't remember that.

IIRC you are a bit of an outcast as the football/soccer team is. You basically go around and recruit players by doing quests for them and then play a game of football that becomes somewhat rock/paper/scissors in nature and based on the stats of your players, with the match effectively the boss fight for that chapter/level. As people leveled up, they got new shots or tackles, as well as team moves IIRC.

Then not really. Cheers. 

Wait hold on.

His name is Doug Bowser?

Damn, it's like he was born for this job.

• Like 1