The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

Wii games J has

- Wii Sports (Love this, I'm a tennis and baseball pro. I wish it was wifi.)

- Wii Play (Was only bought for the extra Wiimote)

- Harry Potter: Order Of The Phoenix - Mildly fun for a while. Have now done pretty much everything and I'm bored.)

- Riddle me this, riddle me that, I've got an easy one for you, EWBats: Never seen, often heard, and never speaking the first word.

- Super Mario Strikers Charged - Good fun, but find myself not wanting to play it atm

- Super Paper Mario - See Harry Potter, but replace midly with great.

Virtual Console games J has

- Super Mario World

- Donkey Kong Country

- Ecco the Dolphin

- Legend Of Zelda: Link To The Past

I just need Battletoads, Starwing, Super Bomberman 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II and Secret Of Mana, then my childhood is encased in my Wii

• 3 weeks later...

So, my girlfriend is getting me one for my birthday, I wondering what I should pick up for it. As far as I know, she isn't getting me any games with it, besides Wii Sports obviously.

No More Heroes is a definate for me, as is Brawl and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.

But what else is really good out there?

So, my girlfriend is getting me one for my birthday, I wondering what I should pick up for it. As far as I know, she isn't getting me any games with it, besides Wii Sports obviously.

No More Heroes is a definate for me, as is Brawl and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics.

But what else is really good out there?

So with all this talk about what the remote should be doing as opposed to what it is doing now... it it outright possible that the controller itself could NOT actually handle the motions that it would take to have a real working sword\lightsaber? Have the ever outright said that this was possible? I've always been wary, and I've been waiting to see what it could actually do as compared to what it's believed that it could fully handle...

So I finally managed to pick up a Wii yesterday, and for less than £300 I managed to pick up the Wii (w/ Wii Sports, of course), as well as Wii Play, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Twilight Princess, Resident Evil IV and SmackDown vs RAW. Set everything up this morning, and my family has fallen in love with Wii Sports, especially bowling, tennis and boxing, and I've devoted about 10 minutes to each seperate game.

I can tell Mario's going to be amazing, Zelda and Resident Evil are games I'm sure I'll grow to love, but they're not my type of game, so I'll have to give them a proper chance soon, but SmackDown vs RAW is just abysmal, which is a real shame. No match types, whatsoever bar the very, very, veeeerrrrry basic bones. Lucky it was dirt cheap, and I look forward to playing multiplayer with it, as that will doubtless be pretty ace.

I've got Mario Galaxy, Mario & Sonic and Poke Battle Rev (which sucks all kinds of crap, FYI). VC, I have Harvest Moon and Lylat Wars, which makes me a happy bunny. Dunno whether to get Poke Snap or Sin & Punishment though (as I have 2000 left...)

Does anyone else find playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii is much more satisfying than any other version? I'm going to pick up Umbrella Chronicles when the cash comes my way because the idea of using the zapper makes the idea of point and shoot zombies even more tempting :blush:

Resident Evil on the Wii is being locked in a cupboard as far away from me as humanly possible. I can't do it, and it puts me on edge too much.

Super Mario Galaxy continues to be beautiful, but I'm on the second proper Galaxy now, which means it's starting to get a little tougher. Boss battles have been very easy thus far, but they're still fantastic, because the strategy for all of them has been brilliant, the Wii is just extremely clever. I'm actually not even regretting leaving behind my almost 15 year connection to Sony. I had a PS1 when they first came out, and I'd never touched another games console (well, never owned) that wasn't Sony until now.

I felt like a turncoat, but the Wii's just way too lovely.

I'm thinking I'm gonna make a start on Zelda at some point the next couple days, I really need to sink my teeth into it a bit more to really start to love it. Same with Resident Evil, though like I said, I can't be dealing with it right now! WiiSports and WiiPlay are fantastic too, even if I do keep getting beaten by my Mother on WiiPlay!

Any idea when Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out on the Wii over this side of the pond? And is there any kind of Mario Kart being released, I imagine there will be; but I want release dates dammit! Also, can anyone tell me if the extra stuff in the Wii version of Bully is worth shelling out the money for it? I loved the PS2 version, but never got to get 100%, I'm wondering if it's worth picking it up on the Wii; I hear there's new classes, costumes and missions?

Resident Evil on the Wii is being locked in a cupboard as far away from me as humanly possible. I can't do it, and it puts me on edge too much.

Ditto, I think that's why I love it so much, I'll wander around tense as fuck and sudenlly I'll see a Petrol Bomb behind me and about shit myself trying to run away.

pffft, i'm not even that far. I'm still shitting myself at crazy Spaniard tramps with pitchforks.

Wait, there's further parts than that? :shifty:

I'll be honest, I've not completed the Wii version, but that's only because almost every time I feel like a quick blast I start a new game just so I can kill those masses of Las Plagas in the village :shifty:

Plus, having completed the GC version it's not like I need to do so :)

Edited by Benji

I've actually never played Resident Evil before the Wii version. It was always a game I was interested in, but I've never been a big gamer outside of Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto and picking up a random game every few months in the bargain bins (I fell madly in love with Red Faction and Burnout due to the pre-owned section of GAME), and so I never got round to buying any of the Resident Evil games. It just so happened when I bought my Wii bundle, I had 2 games to choose. Zelda was a given, and Mario was out of stock, so the guy suggested Resident Evil, saying it was absolutely fantastic on the Wii - so I picked it up.

Still, it looks an awesome game, I'm just not exactly a games master, so it'll take me ages and ages to get into and actually make a real go at.

I see Resident Evil, I hear Imogen Heap. Sounds like a plan.

Any tips to start me off on Zelda, I think I'm going to have a go at starting in a minute. Either that or I'll just try and get a perfect score on Wii bowling again. I came so close with a 274 the other day, but since that I've only managed a 180. =[

I see Resident Evil, I hear Imogen Heap. Sounds like a plan.

Any tips to start me off on Zelda, I think I'm going to have a go at starting in a minute. Either that or I'll just try and get a perfect score on Wii bowling again. I came so close with a 274 the other day, but since that I've only managed a 180. =[

Zelda I never properly got into, fun game, I just couldn't be bothered with getting stuck so constantly with no hint as to what to do.