The Old Nintendo Megathread

zero

This is why we invented walkthroughs, Benji. So that people would know what the hell to do when they can't seem to figure things out on their own :P

Is there any knowledge of previous Zelda's needed to play Twilight Princess tho, or is it pretty easy just to pick up as we go along? I've only ever played Ocarina, and I never completed it, just played through about half of it.

They're almost all totally seperate since they're pretty much the same game storywise and gamewise, but with the cool tweaks that make good 'sequels'.

Nintendo can't even figure out what the storyline of Zelda is, although fans can string it together pretty well. Gametrailers.com had a pretty good overview of the whole series and how they string together, if you're into that kind of thing. If you want it all in one video in a more sarcastic way, then the Angry Video Game Nerd also did a video on it and released it... although he himself claims that it was hard to be his normal character with good games, but eh... it's still kinda interesting.

Not really. It's challenging, they've always kept it that way because of the fact that you could easily stick yourself in a level that can easily net you lives, get yourself up to 99 lives, save, and then not worry whatsoever about whether or not you die whenever you went back to play.

By resetting the lives each time, it puts the strain on players to think strategically and keep themselves from dying so often, or stocking up lives for future play. I've always appreciated that they did it. Sure, it's frustrating, but it pushes you to play better, that's for sure :P

Any idea when Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out on the Wii over this side of the pond? And is there any kind of Mario Kart being released, I imagine there will be; but I want release dates dammit! Also, can anyone tell me if the extra stuff in the Wii version of Bully is worth shelling out the money for it? I loved the PS2 version, but never got to get 100%, I'm wondering if it's worth picking it up on the Wii; I hear there's new classes, costumes and missions?

There's no release date set for Brawl other than Japan (where it's already out) and America (which is March 9th), but if it's anything like Melee then you're going to be waiting a fair while.

There is a Mario Kart Wii in development right now, yes, and it'll apparently come with a steering wheel controller thing that you can use while playing it. Which is pretty neat. Mario Kart Wii is set to be released March 15th in America, April 10th in Japan, and Q1 in Europe and Australia (so October-December 2008 =/).

On the topic of Super Mario Galaxy, I've got 110 or so stars now, and I'm attempting to get my last non-comet star. Details below:

It's the secret star in the Sea Slide Galaxy, the one where you have to pick up all the musical notes on that prism that's made up of those disappearing green platforms. Does anyone have any strategy suggestions for that? I can never walk on a single path and not have to leap across chasms, and die half the time by falling into the black hole :(

It's an awesome game though. I love it.

Get back to me on that, I'm still trying to collect all the bloody purple coins at the end of the game. Seriously, this shit is challenging.

Get back to me on that, I'm still trying to collect all the bloody purple coins at the end of the game. Seriously, this shit is challenging.

I actually finally got it by using a different method of thinking.

I now have 116 stars, including the maddeningly hard purple coins star of the toy galaxy. That was insanity.

I now have 116 stars, including the maddeningly hard purple coins star of the toy galaxy. That was insanity.

Tell me about it. Imagine my horror when I saw a Youtube video of some guy in Japan collecting every single coin on that level, without missing a single one. I think there was like 150 of them... you don't even get any real kind-of bonus for collecting all of them, he just did it for the hell of it.

I got my Wii, from a lady in a Wendy's parking lot no less.

Currently enjoying Mario Galaxy, and I want to pick up No More Heroes, anyone play it?

Tell me about it. Imagine my horror when I saw a Youtube video of some guy in Japan collecting every single coin on that level, without missing a single one. I think there was like 150 of them... you don't even get any real kind-of bonus for collecting all of them, he just did it for the hell of it.

I wonder how many tries that took him to get it right <_>

EDIT: Also SORRY WHAT 120 STARS BITCHES. Bow down.

Now I get to play as Luigi! Glee!

Edited by DoubleX

SKA: Watch with the spoilers there. I fixed it for you, just next time try not to do it again.

And

is the video.

Alright I've beaten No More Heroes, and now I've got something to say about i

Suda 51, you can fuck off with this one. This game had a story that I was really enjoying, and then, at the last fight, where everything should be culminating in an awesome fashion that befits such an awesome game, you decide to become a smarmy prick and start making fun of a video game cliches. Maybe I missed something, but for the most part this asinine twist came completely out of no where, and no where else in this game did I find any hints of this whole mock video games attitude untill literally the last fight you have. Then the "Real Ending" is just more of the same stupid shit. Why the fuck would you make an awesome game, then in the last 10 minutes of it, decide oh now we're going to break the 4th wall the rest of the way. Its ridiculous.

I have no problem with games mocking game cliches, but I perfer them to do it for the ENTIRE game, not just radically shift to doing it at the end of a game. Disappointed, and the "fake" ending is better than the real ending it that reguard.

Edited by Maxx

Sorrry benji!

Oh its one of the better games I've played in a while, hence why I'm mad about what I said. The odd job missions are pretty fun, its different from alot of games, that was refreshing. Ranking matches are all awesome, no one comes close to topping Destroyman though and he's like #7. Well #1 and #4 might have, but things didn't shake out that way :angry:

I say rent it, just because after you beat it there isn't much else to do