The truth behind Fahrenheit 911

Agent Risktaker

"Disney mouthpieces also said Miramax was informed nearly a year ago that the company wouldn't distribute Fahrenheit 9/11. Miramax apparently hoped Disney would change its corporate mind. Moore apparently was convinced that would happen, or else Miramax would use another distribution outlet for Fahrenheit 9/11 to reach theaters, which is what it did with the controversial Dogma in 1999. That film, with its satire of Roman Catholicism, also was disavowed by Disney."

not that I don't believe you here.....but a source with that quote would be nice.

I hate the ploy with the mom. She was the one who told her son to join the military. Here's what I don't understand. She told him to join the military because it would pay for college and send him around the world. Here's what I am thinking, she will let him use the military as his personal travel agency. How could it never occur to her that the military might enter a war? And when they do it's their problem, not her's despite her urging her son. I dunno that's just my two cents if anyone see's where I am going with it.

One of the biggest reasons that some families don't support the war in Iraq has nothing to do with whether or not it's justified. It has to do with their precious child going off to war, which they weren't expecting. People use the navy and army to pay for college, without fully grasping the concept that they will be shipped off if a war starts.

People use the navy and army to pay for college, without fully grasping the concept that they will be shipped off if a war starts.

Obviously you didn't watch Fahernheit closely enough because Moore talks about the fact that a lot of poor families have no choice but to join the army.

I hate the ploy with the mom. She was the one who told her son to join the military. Here's what I don't understand. She told him to join the military because it would pay for college and send him around the world. Here's what I am thinking, she will let him use the military as his personal travel agency. How could it never occur to her that the military might enter a war? And when they do it's their problem, not her's despite her urging her son. I dunno that's just my two cents if anyone see's where I am going with it.

It's NOT a cheap ploy because, the war wasn't justified. She wouldn't be crying on TV if the war had been justified. Parents don't send their kids to the army to fight a war for no reason. They send them to do what's right.

Edited by sahyder1

Guest Ringmaster

Gasp! Trash talking Windsor, eh? I'll admit, we had a few murders last year. And I'll admit, one was right near my house. And yes, I'll admit that I was heavily involved, but let me tell you.... and I've said too much.

Well, we have less murders than the US, that's for sure, but in my neck of the woods, there's at least a murder every day or two. And I wasn't really knocking Windsor, it's just that to call it one of Canada's bigger towns isn't really truthful.

As for Moore winning at the Cannes.....he's won an Oscar too. So his recognition isn't in "hostile" territory only.

Moore didn't win his Oscar for a movie which was bashing Bush. He won it for a movie that was against guns and the NRA.

Obviously you didn't watch Fahernheit closely enough because Moore talks about the fact that a lot of poor families have no choice but to join the army.

It's NOT a cheap ploy because, the war wasn't justified. She wouldn't be crying on TV if the war had been justified. Parents don't send their kids to the army to fight a war for no reason. They send them to do what's right.

Never once did she say she was sending her son to do the "right thing", if she had I wouldn't be as critical of the situation as I am. She said she was sending him to get through college for free and to travel the world.

Never once did she say she was sending her son to do the "right thing", if she had I wouldn't be as critical of the situation as I am.  She said she was sending him to get through college for free and to travel the world.

She mentioned that her family had served the US in the armed forces for a long time.....someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And that "right thing" was more of a general thing. Parents aren't sending their kids to the military to serve in a war that people above them lied about

She mentioned that her family had served the US in the armed forces for a long time.....someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And that "right thing" was more of a general thing. Parents aren't sending their kids to the military to serve in a war that people above them lied about

He's right about the family thing. She mentioned about how most of her family was in the military, and I think that was based on patriotism more than the other factors.