Last Album That Really Blew You Away

Lord Nibbler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ridiculously addicted to The Futureheads debut album, its just that good. Plus I've been listening to the Ordinary Boys a lot, but blowing me away seems unlikely. Last album I got thats been rotating constantly on the old iPod is the Stills.

Soulfly - Prophecy. At first, I had only heard some of their early stuff, the late 90's type stuff, and I wasn't really digging it. But "Prophecy" showed that Max still had a good album in him.

The Cure- Self titled album

Also other albums that i have that have blown me away in the past( these are ones i still have and/or can still play )

Chevelle- Live from the Road

Guns N' Roses- Appetite for Destruction( Even after all these years, i still get chills playing this album )

AC/DC- Highway from Hell( Same as above album )

CKY- Infiltrate-Destroy-Rebuild( Great album, real punk in it's purist state )

Bowling for Soup- Self titled album( Great album all be it a bit light rock. Some pretty funny as hell songs as well on it )

Drowning Pool- Sinner( During the rap/rock era this put faith of pure hard rock/metal still alive and well)

Uncle Kracker- No stranger to shame( Great light rock/blues album. With hints of rap and other elements in it to top it off )

Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory( At the time i had been having alot of personal problems and was in a bad way. When i heard this album it was as if some one was taking my emotions and putting them to music. Great album, peroid )

Blink 182- Self titled album( Alright so it didn't really blow me away. But my sis made me borrow it and listen to it. And i was pleasantly surprised. It was actually pretty good, alot better then any other stuff i had heard before from them. Plus it had robert smith! * marks out for robert smith * )

Evanescene- Fallen( Great album all around. Mixing classic with metal, plus amy's voice is so hauntingly beautiful, *sighs * Good female vocalists in bands are a rare thing now a days if they aren't...* shudders * pop.)

Metallica- Self titled album/Black Album( Any one who's actually sat and listened to it knows why it would be put on ANY ONE's list. This album you can listen to several times and it never gets old. Truly a album that can last )

Three Days Grace- Self titled album( Awesome album, great riffs, pretty good vocals, overall a really good album. And if your a fan of metal you need to pick this up. And i'll go on the record as saying they are the next big thing in metal )

I don't actually have an album that has blown me away. When I first listen to an album, I only normally like 2/3 songs at first, but the more I listen, the more the others grow on me. But the last album, which I pretty muched loved/liked everything first time through would be Revolutions Per Minute by Rise Against, but still then I didn't feel like it blew me away.

The Lost Patrol - Songs About Running Away : take a Hardcore legend who takes every waking second of his musical career to scream the effects of Capitalism upon the working class, berating the middle and upper class. Take all that away and let him do an album about love. No more screaming. No more loud guitars, bass, drums. Let him actually sing. This is great pop music.

Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The Love Below : Okay, Stankonia was great. Probably even better than Speakerboxxx/The Love Below; but S/TLB was so much different than anything heard in the mainstream by a hip-hop outfit. Andre 3000 gets funky and Big Boi receeds to the roots of rap. Plus all of the collaborations are insane.

The Clash - Essential Clash : Do I need to explain? This is a must have for ANY music fan. The Clash have left their mark on music (not just punk-rock music). Buy this album, no matter the cost.

Jay Z - The Black Album/The Grey Album : I had never liked Jay Z up until I heard the Grey Album. Than I slowly loved the guy. I picked up the Black Album and it outdid the Grey Album. I am addicted to Jay Z. This album is a must-have for all rap fans.

HONORABLE MENTIONS :

Beastie Boys - 5 to The Borough

Broken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People

Division of Laura Lee - Das Not Compute

Joe Strummer and the Mescelaros - Streetcore

Junior Senior - D-d-don't stop the Beat

Kanye West - College Dropout

Le Tigre - Le Tigre

The Locust - Plague Soundtracks

Guest Ringmaster

The last album I bought that I've listened to constantly is Wilco's A Ghost Is Born, although Modest Mouse's Good News for People who Love Bad News is a close second.

Jay Z - The Black Album

Staind - Break the Cycle

Kanye West - College Dropout

Those are my three favorite, all three made me sit back in my chair and say "holy shit, that was incredible" after i finished listening to it.