Last Album That Really Blew You Away

Lord Nibbler

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last album which really blew me away was Soundgardens SuperUnknown. I got it for christmas 2003, and it's pretty much the only album I own that I can honestly say I love every single song on. I just think it's a really amazing album, which good hard songs like Limo Wreck, 4th Of July, as well as mellow ones like Black Hole Sun. It also includes the greatest 'gimmick' for a song ever in Spoonman. They have someone playing the spoons during the song! You can't get much cooler than that B)

The last album that left me sitting in awe was Soundgarden's "Down On The Upside". It's an album that goes for heavy to playful to morose to hopeful and back to morose. The perfect swan song for arguably the most under-rated famous band of the 90s.

SuperUnknown is the only Soundgarden album I have, but I'm definently wanting to hear more stuff. I've been mulling over what to get next, but if Down On The Upside is as good as you say, I guess I'll get that. :)

Only one Soundgarden song I heard that I didn't like was Jesus Christ Pose. Dunno why, but it just didn't sound as good as the rest. Having heard one album, and token songs from the rest, making Soundgarden my favourite band shows how much SuperUnknown affected me. It rocks.

Edited by Kaneanite

Last album which really blew me away was Soundgardens SuperUnknown.  I got it for christmas 2003, and it's pretty much the only album I own that I can honestly say I love every single song on.  I just think it's a really amazing album, which good hard songs like Limo Wreck, 14th Of July, as well as mellow ones like Black Hole Sun.  It also includes the greatest 'gimmick' for a song ever in Spoonman.  They have someone playing the spoons during the song!  You can't get much cooler than that  B)

SuperUnknown is the only Soundgarden album I have, but I'm definently wanting to hear more stuff.  I've been mulling over what to get next, but if Down On The Upside is as good as you say, I guess I'll get that. :)

Only one Soundgarden song I heard that I didn't like was Jesus Christ Pose.  Dunno why, but it just didn't sound as good as the rest.  Having heard one album, and token songs from the rest, making Soundgarden my favourite band shows how much SuperUnknown affected me.  It rocks.

1. 4th of July, not 14th :)

2. That would be Seattle street performer Artis The Spoonman you speak of.

3. PM me.

Nightwish - ONce

I'd caught the video on TV a couple of times for their new single "Nemo" which I quite like, but I took the plunge after a brief writeup in Kerrang as a band t owatch and haven't regretted it. Completely blew me away, a sensational if not altogether common blend of classical music and metal.

Kanye West - College Dropout

I wouldn't say the CD is terrific by any means, but it's catchy and has skits that you can actually listen to more than once and enjoy. I've got more playtime out of that disc over the course of it's release than I thought I would in the next 5 years.

Guest 12characters

Oasis - What's the Story? (Morning Glory)

One of the best albums ever and I still listen to it on a regular basis. Wonderwall and Don't Look Back in Anger are one of the best songs ever.

Seconded. Great album.

Best of Pantera and Nirvana Unplugged as well.