Good Reggae Arists/Bands

fineintent

It's not really reggae, I don't think, but you should check out the Scientist's stuff. (If you have or have played GTAIII, the KJAH station comprises entirely of his music.)

some friends of mine are big on reggae music and i think they said ziggy marley is good, i dunno if they were just high or if hes actually real :ohwell:

Guest Flawless Cowboy

I'd suggest you start off with getting "The Harder They Fall" Soundtrack, with guys like Jimmy Cliff, Desmond Dekker and The Maytals it gives a good overview of early Reggae which still had a fair bit of ska in it.

Peter Tosh and Big Youth are good for the more punk side of reggae. Tosh was part of the Wailers before going off on a solo career.

Also, get as much stuff from Lee Perry as possible, as he was the guy who invented reggae.

EDIT: Also, it was Musical Youth who did pass the dutichie, not UB40.

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

Jimmy Cliff is one of the few reggae artists, other than Bob Marley, that I actually like.

Shabba Ranks (I think that was his name) was pretty good, but I don't know if he's still around anymore.

And there was some female Reggae artist I liked back in the late 80's-early 90's I liked. I think her name was Petra or Patra. She was more of a Reggae rapper, but she did sing, too.