The Anime Thread

Ruki

Eh, the original's better, just the way Yuno says "Yukki".

Right....Ruki?

Have you heard the official English?

There are some good dubs, yes. Baccano! being the ultimate example, Bebop was definitely good too and the quality of its dub played a big part in anime gaining popularity here as more than a Saturday morning cartoon. I'm expecting, given Watanabe is also behind it, that Space Dandy will have a good dub as well. Given he isn't trying to hide he made the show for an American audience it seems a safe bet that will have a quality dub.

I just stay away from dubs not because of the quality but because I have an international studies degree from when I was an undergrad and I'm real anal about hearing things in the native language's form of expression.

Depending on how much action you like, I'd suggest Darker Than Black, Speed Grapher, and/or Black Lagoon.

Though really unless you absolutely do not like action anime I'd suggest Black Lagoon because it's just so much fun. The second season has some really great crime drama elements too, especially the final arc.

Also in the Black Lagoon OVA a main character starts to become an almost Light Yagami-esque chessmaster, and it just so happens their English voice actors are the same person...

EDIT- Oh, and if you do watch Black Lagoon, and you normally watch anime subbed, I really really suggest you don't for Season 2. It's hard to explain why without spoiling a major plot point, so just trust me on this.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Depending on how much action you like, I'd suggest Darker Than Black, Speed Grapher, and/or Black Lagoon.

Though really unless you absolutely do not like action anime I'd suggest Black Lagoon because it's just so much fun. The second season has some really great crime drama elements too, especially the final arc.

Also in the Black Lagoon OVA a main character starts to become an almost Light Yagami-esque chessmaster, and it just so happens their English voice actors are the same person...

EDIT- Oh, and if you do watch Black Lagoon, and you normally watch anime subbed, I really really suggest you don't for Season 2. It's hard to explain why without spoiling a major plot point, so just trust me on this.

So I should watch it dubbed?

Also (via PM if necessary, due to legalities and that), I seem to remember being pointed in the direction of a forum that ended up with anime stuff dubbed/subbed pretty quickly week by week. Any ideas as to where I might be thinking of?

Only problem with Darker Than Black is how each uh...plot is two episodes long, it seems, so it can seem to drag at times.

I didn't mind that at all. Hell, Black Lagoon's got two five-parters counting the OVA.

So I should watch it dubbed?

Also (via PM if necessary, due to legalities and that), I seem to remember being pointed in the direction of a forum that ended up with anime stuff dubbed/subbed pretty quickly week by week. Any ideas as to where I might be thinking of?

www.crunchyroll.com

100% legal streaming.

EDIT- And yes, I would recommend it dubbed. And I'm someone who almost always watches subs if possible.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Oh, and if Space Dandy's theme is actually "I Turned Into A Martian" like the Adult Swim promos imply, it will be the best thing ever.