WWF 99, the Golden years

WWF Sunday Night Heat

February 14th, 1999

This Valentine's Day, after you take the love of your life out for a wonderful day, don't forget about the World Wrestling Federation! This week on Sunday Night Heat, the new team of Goldust and Godfather, now known as "Pimpin Gold" will go up against the Ministry of Darkness' Acolytes.

Degeneration X leader, Triple H, who is VERY angry after Kane's attack on Chyna this past week on RAW is WAR will go up against one of Kane's stablemates in the Corporation, Test. Will this match give Triple H a chance to let SOME of his anger out?

Terry Funk wants one thing right now, the WWF Hardcore championship. This week on Heat, he gets a chance to prove he deserves his shot as he goes one on one with the champion's tag team partner and brother, Edge.

Finally, speaking of the hardcore champion, in the main event, the Hardcore championship will be on the line as Christian defends the title against Billy Gunn.

All this and more as the WWF invades the USA Network on Sunday Night at 7/6 Central with your hosts, Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWF Sunday Night Heat

February 14th, 1999

Taped from the sold out American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As it ends, we cut to a special Valentine's Day Sunday Night Heat opening video. The video shows clips of couples in the WWF's past, ending with Vince McMahon and Linda McMahon standing together smiling. As the video ends, we cut to Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly sitting at ringside as fireworks are going off on the stage.

Michael Cole: Welcome fans to Sunday Night Heat, and we thank you for taking your time out on Valentine's Day to join the WWF. I'm Michael Cole alongside Kevin Kelly, and Kevin, we have four huge matches for your enjoyment here tonight.

Kevin Kelly: That's right, Michael. I'm looking forward to tonight's main event with the Hardcore title on the line, Christian defending against Billy Gunn, former champion The Road Dogg's tag team partner.

Cole: Yeah, and we also have Christian's rival, Terry Funk going up against Christian's brother Edge!

Kelly: But Michael, we're starting off with The Godfather and Goldust, now known as Pimpin Gold in their first official match as a tag team against The Acolytes!

"Pimpin Ain't Easy" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Goldust and The Godfather walk out onto the ramp as the crowd starts booing. Godfather and Goldust look to opposite sides of the arena then put their fingers up and spin and point to the back as 6 hoes walk out. 3 surround Godfather and 3 surround Goldust as they walk down the ramp. They all climb in the ring as Godfather asks for a mic.

Godfather: I know that I ain't the only one... are there any pimps up in this house?

The crowd goes nuts.

Goldust: Heh.. I know I got one right next to me but I want ya'll to know that the Godfather be smokin worldwide! Man, I want you to roll a fatty for this pimp daddy, light that blunt up and say, "Pimpin' ain't easy!"

The crowd screams "Pimpin Ain't Easy" as Godfather tosses the mic and he and Goldust dance around with the hoes then stop and take off their pimp gear and help the hoes out of the ring as the Ministry of Darkness music kicks up. The crowd goes into a soar of boos as The Acolytes make their way out onto the ramp to a soar of boos. They walk straight to the ring with a purpose as they slide in. Faarooq and Goldust go onto their aprons as the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

The Acolytes (Faarooq and Bradshaw) vs. Pimpin Gold (Godfather and Goldust)

Very good brawl, considering the Acolytes were involved. Godfather and Goldust worked very well as a team, and finished off Bradshaw with a Double Pimp Drop for the win.

Winners via pinfall, Pimpin Gold!

As Pimpin Gold celebrates and the Acolytes make their way to the back, Val Venis and Hugh Johnson, now known as the Boogie Knights according to Michael Cole, make their way to the ring and attack Pimpin Gold with chairs, and steal two of the hoes and drag them to the back as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 72%

CR: 73%

MQ: 90%

Road Agent Notes: None

Booker Notes: 80% for Godfather's segment, decent pop. ***3/4 for the match, very good match surprisingly, and Goldust and Godfather definately work well as a team.

After the commercial, a video is played showing the contract signing for Wrestlemania on RAW is WAR between Steve Austin and The Rock.

Booker Notes: 89% segment, simply to let the fans in on what happened that missed RAW.

After the video, Degeneration X's music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Triple H makes his way out onto the ramp and pours water into his mouth, then spits it into the crowd. He does his suck it taunt as he's spitting the water, then he walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. He climbs onto the turnbuckle and pours more water into his mouth and spits it into the crowd. Then, "Test, Test.. This is a Test" kicks up over the loudspeaker as Test makes his way out with Shane McMahon beside him to loud boos. Shane points at Test and says he's the real deal before they walk down the ramp. Shane pats Test on the back, then Test slides into the ring as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Test vs. Triple H

As expected, Triple H was quite dominant in this match until Kane made his way to the ring. He waited on the outside just staring in at Triple H until Shane found a way to distract the referee. Kane slid into the ring and hit Triple H with a HUGE chokeslam, then climbs back out of the ring. Test gets up as Triple H stumbles up. Test kicks him and drops him with a Pump Handle Slam to loud boos for the 3 count.

Winner via pinfall, Test!

Test gets up and celebrates as Kane makes his way back into the ring. He lifts Triple H up, sets him up for a Tombstone and drops him with it as the crowd boos loudly. Kane stands over Triple H as the crowd boos at him and we cut to a commercial.

OR: 69%

CR: 79%

MQ: 75%

Road Agent Notes: Test gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: **1/4, not such a great match, but not too bad.

As we come back from the commercial, Terry Funk is standing in the back with Jerry "The King" Lawler.

King: First of all, Terry, being that this is my first time seeing you in person since you came back, I'd like to say Welcome Back. It's great to see fellow legends still getting into that ring night after night.

Funk: Thanks, King. It's an honor to be back.

King: Well Terry, this past week on RAW, you had the help of a man that you have known for a very long time and a man that you consider your best friend, Cactus Jack as you went up against your rival, the WWF Hardcore champion, Christian and his brother Edge. Now tonight, you're stepping in the ring with Edge, but obviously the one you really want is Christian.

Funk: Well to be honest, King, it's nothing about Christian that is making me go after him. I have nothing personal against him. But he has something I want. I want that Hardcore championship. My whole career has been about hardcore. My whole career has had me on the edge. I have never held the WWF Hardcore championship, and right now, that's my current goal. Come No Way Out, whether Christian likes it or not, that title will be around MY waist. It hasn't been made official, but I'll make SURE it's made official! And as for Road Dogg goes, buddy, you can try all you want, hell, I won't stop you. But once you're in my way, that puts YOU on my list too.

Funk smiles and picks up a chair and walks off towards the ring as the camera cuts to the ring.

Booker Notes: 76%, not that great, but got a decent reaction from the crowd.

As we cut to the ring, the Brood music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the arena gets dark and red lights flash around the entryway. Edge makes his way out onto the ramp without Christian and runs down the ramp. He slides into the ring and taunts on the turnbuckle, then jumps down as Funk's music kicks up. The crowd goes nuts as Funk makes his way out onto the ramp with a chair. He walks down the ramp and leaves the chair outside the ring as he climbs in. He stares over at Edge as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Edge vs. Terry Funk

Decent match which Funk basically dominated. Eventually, Christian made his way to the ring, and slid Funk's chair in the ring towards Edge, then distracted the referee. Edge grabs the chair and turns around and Funk kicks him in the gut. Edge drops the chair and Funk hits him with a DDT right onto the chair then kicks the chair out of the ring. Funk goes down and pins Edge as the referee notices and counts the 3.

Winner via pinfall, Terry Funk!

As Funk gets up, Christian is already in the ring grabbing the chair. He smacks Funk in the head with the chair, then stands over him as Road Dogg charges the ring. He slides into the ring and Christian swings the chair at him, but Road Dogg ducks and hits Christian with a Pumphandle Slam. Road Dogg slides out of the ring and backs up the ramp as Funk slowly gets up and stares out at Road Dogg as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 70%

CR: 74%

MQ: 82%

Booker Notes: **3/4, not such a great match, used to further the Hardcore title situation.

As we come back from commercial, we cut to Triple H in his locker room screaming and throwing stuff around.

Triple H: I CAN'T TAKE THIS SHIT ANYMORE. I WANT KANE... I WILL DESTORY KANE!!!

Road Dogg and X-pac barge into the locker room and calm Triple H down, with Billy Gunn being absent because of his match up next.

X-pac: CALM down, Hunter! No Way Out is only two weeks away, you'll have all the chance you want then. Until then, you have to calm yourself down and be ready. Kane could attack you anytime. He already got you once tonight.

Triple H: NONE of you understand. He hurt Chyna.. and now he's attacking me. He's gone TOO far, I can't wait until No Way Out. We'll just have to take care of this tomorrow night on RAW.

Triple H starts to get a sick smile on his face as we cut to the ring for the main event.

Booker Notes: 89%, pretty good Degeneration X segment.

As we cut to the ring, the Brood music kicks up over the loudspeaker once again as the arena gets dark and red lights flash around the entryway. Christian makes his way out onto the ramp with the Hardcore title around his waist as Edge walks out beside him. They taunt as the crowd boos and they charge down the ramp. Christian slides into the ring as Edge waits outside the ring. Then, "OHHHH YOU DIDN'T KNOWWWWW... YOUR ASS BETTA CALLLLL SOMEBODYYYY!!" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Billy Gunn makes his way out onto the ramp. He turns around and shakes his ass towards the ring, then turns around again and gives Christian the Suck It taunt.Then, Gunn charges down the ramp and slides into the ring as the bell is rung.

WWF Hardcore title Match

Christian © vs. Billy Gunn

Basic Hardcore match with both Edge and Road Dogg getting involved, and Christian ends up picking up the win after a double chair shot with Edge and an Impaler.

Winner via Pinfall and *STILL* WWF Hardcore champion, Christian!

The brawl between the two teams continues after the match, but Edge and Christian get the advantage until Terry Funk comes down for the save with his chair, blasting both Edge and Christian, ending the show with him standing over Christian as Road Dogg, Edge and Christian are laid out in the ring and Billy is slowly getting up on the outside.

CR: 78%

Booker Notes: *** match, pretty good hardcore title match, but because of the distractions, it could've been much better.

Overall rating: 5.12

I would give this show about 66% out of 100%. It was more of a filler show being that it was on Valentine's Day. With only four matches and continuation of the Hardcore title feud, the feud between Triple H and Kane and the feud between Pimpin Gold and the Boogie Knights, it turned out to be a pretty decent show.

WWF RAW is WAR

February 15th, 1999

Due to next Monday Night's RAW is WAR being preempted by USA, this will be the last RAW is WAR before No Way Out.

Last night on Sunday Night Heat, during Triple H's match with Test, Kane made his presence known and took care of Triple H. Later in the night, Triple H seemed to have an idea how to get back at Kane, and he said it will happen on RAW. Well Kane is set to go one on one with the Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle, and that should be Triple H's biggest chance to get revenge on the Big Red Machine.

Edge and Christian have challenged Terry Funk to a tag team match, but as of now, Funk doesn't have a partner. Who will team with Funk against Edge and Christian, if anybody?

Commissioner Shawn Michaels has promised that we will have a HUGE main event set for this final RAW before No Way Out, and when Michaels has huge announcements, he doesn't let the fans down.

Up-and-coming member of the Corporation, Test will go one on one with Bob Holly of the JOB Squad in what will no doubt be a complete brawl.

After their win last night on Heat, Pimpin Gold are getting a big chance to be known as a tag team as they go up against the #1 contendors for the WWF tag team titles, The Hardy Boyz. If Pimpin Gold defeats the Hardy Boyz, does that make THEM the #1 contendors?

The WWF European championship will be on the line as X-pac defends his title against Scorpio. It's unknown whether Steven Regal will be on RAW or not, but if he is, expect to see him involved in this one.

After last night on Heat, Comissioner Shawn Michaels has announced that Terry Funk will team up with Road Dogg to face the Hardcore champion, Christian and his brother Edge.

Viscera will get a chance to continue his mean streak as he goes one on one with up-and-comer, D'lo Brown.

Finally, the Boogie Knights will be in tag team action as they go up against Kaientai.

All this and much more as the WWF comes to you live at 9/8 Central with your hosts, Good Ol' Jim Ross and Jerry The King Lawler

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF Monday Night RAW is WAR

February 15th, 1999

Live from the sold out United Center in Chicago, Illionois

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, we cut to a scene of Cactus Jack running in to the aid of his best friend, Terry Funk. Then, it shows the aftermath of his match with him laying out in a puddle of his own blood. Then, it shows quick scenes of the problems between Kane and Triple H recently, then finally ends with a scene from the contract signing for Wrestlemania with The Rock standing over Stone Cold with the WWF championship belt. Then, the RAW is WAR video begins to play and when it ends, it cuts to the arena as fireworks go off and JR and The King are heard talking.

JR: Welcome folks and we're LIVE from the sold out United Center and King, and what a show we have for you folks as tonight is the last RAW is WAR before No Way Out. I'm Good Ol' JR, alongside Jerry "The King" Lawler, and King, we still have no word on Shawn Michaels' huge main event set for tonight.

King: That's right, JR. Unfortunately RAW is WAR has been preemted by USA next Monday night, but we're going to make up for it by giving you all an amazing RAW tonight here in Chicago. And JR, we're going to start it off with a huge match with Kane going up against the supposed Olympic hero, Kurt Angle!

JR: That's right, King! Plus here tonight, we're going to see the European championship on the line when X-pac defends his title against Scorpio of the JOB Squad.

An explosion goes off over the loudspeaker as Kane's music begins to play, but Kane doesn't walk out. All of a sudden we cut to the backstage area where Triple H, X-pac and the New Age Outlaws are beating on Kane. Triple H has a sledgehammer as he stands over Kane. Kane lays on the mat in pain as Triple H raises the sledgehammer and slams it hard into Kane's chest, then smiles and drops the sledgehammer on him and walks off as we cut back to the ring.

Road Agent Notes: Triple H gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Kane gained 3 points of overness from this segment. Road Dogg gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 92%, great way to start off the night after Triple H promised revenge last night on Sunday Night Heat.

JR: My god, King. Degeneration X REALLY got their shot at Kane, King, just like Triple H promised.

King: It wasn't FAIR, JR. They attacked him from behind, he wasn't even ready. He was on his way out here for his match!

JR: Was Triple H ready last night on Heat, King? It was revenge, and although I don't condone it, I see why Triple H did it.

As JR finishes, we cut to Shawn Michaels' office where his feet are propped up on his desk and he's smoking a cigar. He has his cowboy hat on and a Degeneration X T-shirt.

Shawn Michaels: How's everybody doing tonight? Welcome to Monday Night RAW is WAR. Now as you can all see, we started off the last RAW before No Way Out with a BANG, and what a great way to do it. Now I know you all know that I have an announcement to make here tonight, but before I go into tonight's main event, I have some other business to take care of. With Christian standing as the WWF Hardcore champion, he has two major challengers, Terry Funk and the man that he beat for the championship, Road Dogg Jesse James. So I thought about it and figured out a way to make everybody happy. At No Way Out, Terry Funk and Road Dogg will get their Hardcore title shot, but things have to be a little more even for it to be fair. So at No Way Out, we're going to have a Fatal Four Way match for the WWF Hardcore championship. Christian will defend his title against not only Terry Funk and The Road Dogg, but his own tag team partner and brother, Edge! (Crowd cheers in the arena) Now many of you may think that this makes the odds go towards Christian, but Edge, I see it in your eyes. I see your STRIVE, I see your AMBITION. There isn't going to be any teams in this match. It's going to be everybody for himself, and I could definately see some interesting situations come out of this match. Now onto tonight. Tonight will be a night that we REALLY get ready for No Way Out. Tonight, we're going to have ourselves an 8 man tag team elimination match! (The crowd goes nuts) In one corner we're going to have the WWF World Heavyweight champion, The Rock (The crowd boos), his tag team partner for No Way Out, The Undertaker (The crowd boos again), the WWF Intercontinental champion, Ken Shamrock (The crowd boos), and finally, if he is able to participate, or we will find a suitable replacement, KANE! (The crowd boos loudly) Now their opponents, first, we're going to have the #1 contendor for the WWF championship, Stone Cold Steve Austin (The crowd goes nuts), a man with revenge on his mind for what has happened the past 2 weeks, Cactus Jack! (The crowd goes nuts), your Olympic Champion and #1 contendor for the WWF Intercontinental championship, Kurt Angle! (The crowd geos nuts), and the leader of Degeneration X, the man that worked out a plan to take out revenge on the Big Red Machine tonight, Triple H!! (The crowd goes crazy). So I promised you all a night you will remember, and I can promise you that tonight, you will ALWAYS remember that The Heartbreak Kid never lets you down!

Michaels tips his hat and smiles at the camera, as we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 89%, decent segment setting up tonight's main event which seems to be huge.

JR: Welcome back folks, and what a main event we have in store for you all tonight. 8 Men, 4 rivalries, ONE match. It's going to be huge, King.

King: Without a doubt, JR, but one thing I am worried about is the condition of Kane. Will he even be able to compete tonight?

JR: King, as far as I can see, Kane will step into that ring no matter what his condition is tonight just to get his hands on Triple H.

King: But how fair will that be, JR? I mean, he has a match against Triple H next Sunday night, how fair would it be to make him wrestle in such a big match tonight after Triple H cheated earlier tonight and attacked Kane from behind.

JR: It's all his choice, King.

"Test, Test.. This is a Test" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. Test makes his way out onto the ramp with sunglasses on as Shane McMahon is by his side. Shane points at Test as Test pulls off his sunglasses and throws them into the crowd. They walk down the ramp and stop at the bottom. Shane gives Test a little shoulder massage, then Test climbs onto the apron and steps over the ropes. Then, the JOB Squad music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Bob Holly makes his way out onto the ramp as the crowd gives him a decent reaction. He taunts on the ramp, then runs down to the ring and slides in as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Bob Holly vs. Test w/ Shane McMahon

Typical brawl with Test taking the advantage throughout most of the match. Holly gets a few good moves in and almost hits Test with an Alabama Slamma, but Test gets out of it and hits Holly with a Pumphandle Drop. Then, he climbs up to the top turnbuckle and jumps off with a huge Flying Elbow Drop for the pinfall.

Test gets up after the match as Shane passes him in a chair. Test waits for Holly to get up, then blasts him with a hard chair shot to the head. The crowd goes into a soar of boos as Test beats Holly with the chair and Shane climbs into the ring. Shane raises Test's hand as Test hits Holly one last time, then we cut to a commercial.

CR: 63%

Booker Notes: **1/2, decent match, could possibly lead to future encounters, even though No Way Out is basically out of the question.

As we come back from commercial, "Live for the Moment" is playing over the loudspeaker. The crowd pops as the Hardy Boyz walk out onto the ramp. The girls in the audience go nuts as The Hardy Boyz taunt on the ramp. They make their way to the ring and slide in. They go to opposite turnbuckles and do their gun taunts, then jump down and wait as "Pimpin Ain't Easy" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Goldust and Godfather walk out onto the ramp. They stop at the top of the ramp as the crowd is booing. They both put up a finger and spin around pointing towards the back as 4 hoes walk out. 2 go to Godfather and 2 go to Goldust as they walk down the ramp. They stop at the bottom of the ramp and the hoes help them take off their pimp gear as they climb into the ring. Godfather waits on the apron as Jeff goes to the apron and the bell is rung.

Tag Team Match

The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff) vs. Pimpin Gold (Godfather and Goldust)

This is a pretty good tag team match as both teams work very well together. Action went back and forth, until Canadian Country charged the ring, attacking both teams, causing a No Contest. The action continued though as the Hardy Boyz and Pimpin Gold teamed up to take on the champs until the Boogie Knights made their way to the ring. They attacked Pimpin Gold and Canadian Country got the advantage over the Hardy Boyz. The Boogie Knights stand over Pimpin Gold as Canadian Country stands over the Hardy Boyz as all of a sudden Shawn Michaels shows up on the titantron.

OR: 77%

CR: 62%

MQ: 93%

Road Agent Notes: Matt Hardy gained 1 point of overness from this match. Jeff Hardy gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: ***3/4, very good tag team match with two of the WWF's best tag teams, would've been better if not for the interference of Canadian Country.

Shawn Michaels: Well damn, I bet you all thought you saw the last of the Heartbreak Kid here tonight, but now I have to make my presence known again. Now I just watched what went down here, and it really made me think. As of right now, the Hardy Boyz are the number one contendors for the WWF tag team championship, but how about making things a little more interesting. At No Way Out, we're not going to see the WWF tag team titles defended in a normal tag team match. We're going to have a little four way tag team elimination match. Canadian Country defending against the Hardy Boyz (pop), the Boogie Knights (The crowd boos), and Pimpin Gold (louder pop). So Owen, Jeff, looks like you have a little more in store for you than you originally thought!

Michaels laughs as he cuts off the screen and Owen and Jarrett look pissed as we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 84%, not as huge as his earlier announcement, but pretty huge as we set up a big match for No Way Out.

JR: What a huge announcement, King. Shawn Michaels has announced ANOTHER match to the already filled up line-up for No Way Out!

King: That's right, JR. The lineup is already huge.

A picture of Gillberg shows up on the screen with the WWF Light Heavyweight title around his waist and a black figure next to him.

JR: First we have the WWF Light Heavyweight championship on the line as Gillberg defends against an unknown opponent who has been stalking him the past few weeks.

Then, a scene is shown of Steven Regal standing with the British flag next to X-pac doing a suck it taunt with the WWF European title around his waist.

King: The WWF European title is on the line as finally a European man himself, representing Blackpool, England, Steven Regal gets his shot against Degeneration X's X-pac.

We cut to a scene of Kurt Angle standing and kissing his gold medals as Ken Shamrock is next to him shadow boxing with the WWF Intercontinental title around his waist.

JR: The WWF Intercontinental title will be on the line as Ken Shamrock defends against the Olympic Gold Medalist, Kurt Angle!

We cut to a shot of Triple H standing with no shirt on spitting out water and Kane standing next to him fixing his gloves with Chyna down in the middle with a referee shirt on.

King: In an ultimate grudge match, Kane will go one on one with Triple H, and Chyna could POSSIBLY be the referee if she can make it to No Way Out!

JR: And we can all thank Kane for that, King.

We cut to a scene of Terry Funk on the top left of the screen, Road Dogg in the bottom left of the screen and Edge and Christian on the right of the screen as Christian has his Hardcore title around his waist.

JR: As announced earlier tonight, the Hardcore title will be on the line in a fatal fourway match as Christian defends against Terry Funk, Road Dogg, and his tag team partner, Edge!

We cut to a final screen with Canadian Country standing with their tag team titles on the top left of the screen, The Hardy Boyz in the top right doing their gun taunts, Pimpin Gold pimpin it up in the bottom left of the screen and the Boogie Knights in the bottom right.

King: And finally, as we just heard, the WWF tag team titles will be on the line elimination style as Canadian Country defends against the Hardy Boyz, Pimpin Gold and the Boogie Knights!

As King finishes, "X-PAAAAAAAAC" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. X-pac makes his way out onto the ramp with the European title around his waist. He walks taunts the crowd on the top of the ramp and does the suck it taunt twice then jumps up and hits it in the air before running down the ramp and sliding into the ring. He hands his belt off to the referee as the JOB Squad music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Scorpio walks out to a decent reaction then he taunts on the ramp, then walks down. He slides into the ring and stares over at X-pac as the bell rings.

WWF European title match

X-pac © vs. Scorpio

Both men made this match amazing with their speed and agility. The match went back and forth with Scorpio picking up the advantage a few times throughout the match. X-pac almost had Scorpio down after hitting him with an X-factor, but Steven Regal made his way to the ring with his flag and slid into the ring. He smacked X-pac over the head with the flag as the referee calls for the bell.

Winner via Disqualification, X-pac!

Regal beats X-pac with the flag, then puts the flag against the turnbuckle and lifts X-pac up. He sets him up and drops him with a Butterfly Powerbomb. He stands over X-pac, but decides to pick him up again and drops him with another Butterfly Powerbomb. Referees charge the ring and slide in. They try to stop Regal, but he pushes through them, lifts X-pac up again and slams him with a THIRD Butterfly Powerbomb. Finally, Regal grabs his flag and climbs out of the ring as EMTs charge the ring and we cut to a commercial.

OR: 80%

CR: 62%

MQ: 98%

Booker Notes: ****, amazing match. X-pac and Scorpio have very good chemistry and pulled off a great European title match. Could've even reached higher if not for Regal's interference.

As we come back, the Brood music is playing over the loudspeaker. The arena gets dark and red lights flash around the entryway. Edge and Christian make their way out onto the ramp. They taunt as Christian shows off his Hardcore championship. Then, they charge the ring and slide in. They get on opposite turnbuckles and taunt the crowd, then climb down as Christian hands his belt to the referee. Then, Funk's music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. He makes his way out onto the ramp with his bandana over his head. He raises his arm to a loud pop, then walks down the ramp and onto the apron. Then, "OHHHH YOU DIDN'T KNOWWW... YOUR ASS BETTA CALL SOMEBODYYYY!" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. Road Dogg makes his way out onto the ramp. He shakes his knees on the top of the ramp to a loud pop, then walks down the ramp and slides into the ring as he starts off against Christian and the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

Edge and Christian vs. Terry Funk and Road Dogg

Decent tag team match showing off the 4 competitors in No Way Out's hardcore title match. Action went back and forth, but in the end, Christian ended up picking up a pinfall over the legend himself, Terry Funk but with the use of his feet on the ropes.

Winners via Pinfall, Edge and Christian!

After the match, Edge and Christian immediately run to the back as Funk slowly gets up. He begins arguing with Road Dogg, asking why he didn't save him, then he pushes Road Dogg out of his way and slides out of the ring as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 84%

CR: 81%

MQ: 87%

Booker Notes: ***1/2, decent tag team match showing that Funk and Road Dogg obviously aren't on the same side going into No Way Out, but Edge and Christian are.

As we come back from commercial, "You Lookin at the Real Deal Now" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd give D'lo Brown a decent pop. D'lo makes his way out onto the ramp and shakes his head around on the ramp. Mark Henry walks out beside him and stands next to him with a blank expression on his face. They walk down the ramp as D'lo gives Mark Henry a pound before sliding into the ring. Henry stays outside as D'lo gets on the turnbuckle and shakes his head around as the Ministry of Darkness music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes into a soar of boos as Viscera walks out onto the ramp with Mideon by his side. Mideon is staring at his eyeball as Viscera stares seemingly into space. They walk down the ramp as Mideon waits outside the ring and Viscera climbs onto the apron. Viscera steps over the ropes into the ring as the bell rings.

Singles Match

D'lo Brown vs. Viscera

Basically another Viscera squash. D'lo gets some good moves in, knocking Viscera down once, but Viscera easily squashed D'lo with a Body Press, then Splashed him for the win.

Your Winner via Pinfall, Viscera!

Viscera gets up and starts to lift D'lo up, but Mark Henry climbs into the ring. Viscera stares at Mark Henry and drops D'lo Brown. Henry and Viscera stare at each other then go at it. They trade blows, and Henry gets the upper hand, and drops Viscera to the mat. Mideon stands outside staring at his eye wondering what to do, then starts pulling Viscera out of the ring. Viscera stares in at Henry as Henry screams that he wants Viscera at No Way Out. Viscera nods and seems to get a small smile on his face as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 60%

CR: 48%

MQ: 73%

Road Agent Notes: D'Lo Brown lost 2 points of overness from this match. Viscera gained 2 points of overness from this match. This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Booker Notes: *1/4, decent match, although you can't expect much out of Viscera. The crowd couldn't get into this match at all.

JR: Welcome back folks, and it seems like we have one more match to add to the already packed No Way Out card as Mark Henry obviously wants to show Viscera that he's nothing compared to the World's Strongest Man.

King: I don't know, JR. I mean, I've always thought that Mark Henry was full of himself, and Viscera is going to prove it.

JR: We'll see at No Way Out, King as easily two of the WWF's largest superstars will go at it one on one.

Japanese music kicks up over the loudspeaker as Kaientai make their way out onto the ramp. They taunt on the ramp as the crowd gives them a mixed reaction. They laugh on the top of the ramp and walk down and slide into the ring. They wait in the ring as "HELLOOOOO LADIES" hits over the loudspeaker. The Boogie Knights make their way out onto the ramp in towels. They walk down the ramp and slide into the ring. They stand in the center of the ring and seductively take off the towels and throw them into the crowd. Johnson and Taka stay in the ring as Venis and Funaki get on their aprons as the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

Kaientai (Sho Funaki and Taka Michinoku) vs. The Boogie Knights (Val Venis and Hugh Johnson)

Decent tag team match obviously used to put over the Boogie Knights as contendors for the tag team titles being that they're in the title match at No Way Out. The Boogie Knights easily defeated Kaientai as both members hit Taka and Funaki with Money Shots at the same time as the ref counted the 3.

Winners via pinfall, The Boogie Knights!

The Boogie Knights celebrate on turnbuckles after the match as we cut to the back where The Rock is standing with Michael Cole.

OR: 69%

CR: 53%

MQ: 85%

Booker Notes: **3/4, pretty good tag team match, but basically used to put over the Boogie Knights.

As we cut to the back, The Rock is standing with the WWF World Heavyweight title belt over his shoulder and his sunglasses on. Michael Cole is standing next to him and raises the mic up to his mouth.

Cole: Rock, tonight...

Rock: Excuuuuuse me! Who gave you permission to talk while in the presence of the Great One? Get the hell outta here.

Rock pushes Cole away and takes the mic and raises it to his own mouth.

Rock: Now, here tonight, The Rock is here for ONE reason.. business. Last week on RAW, The Rock picked up the upper hand on Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rock OUTSMARTED The Rattlesnake. You see, Austin, did you really think Vince McMahon would send me out there in the same ring as you without a plan? The Rock is always the smarter one, Austin, and you will realize that at Wrestlemania, but tonight, The Rock leads 3 other men into an all-out war. The Rock will be teaming with The Undertaker, Ken Shamrock and Kane against 4 of the most undeserving men in this business. You all know my feelings about that little snake, Steve Austin, but The Rock has 3 other men standing in his way tonight. First, we have Mankind.. Cactus Jack.. Dude Love.. whatever the hell you want to call him, Mick Foley himself. The man The Rock defeated to WIN this WWF World Heavyweight championship. The man that had his dreams RUINED by The Rock. The man that couldn't take it at The Royal Rumble and QUIT when The Rock took him to his limit. Next we have the supposed Olympic champion, Kurt Angle. Kurt, you impressed everybody when you first came into the World Wrestling Federation. Vince knew you had talent, that's why he put you in the ring with me. But you SCREWED me, Kurt. You took the advantage that Steve Austin gave you and you CHEATED the Rock out of a victory. Kurt, tonight, The Rock will spare no pain for you. Finally, the leader of Degeneration X, a man that The Rock sees as nothing more than a rooooody poo CANDY ASS, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. You thought you were slick earlier tonight, didn't you, Hunter? You thought you took full advantage when you and your little buddies beat down Kane. Well Hunter, Kane is ready, and in just a few minutes, you'll SEE that revenge is NOT always as sweet as it seems! If ya smelllllllllllllllll WHAT THE CORPORATE CHAMPION, THE ROCK... IS.. COOKINN!!

The crowd goes into a soar of boos as The Rock lowers his sunglasses and does the Corporate Eyebrow to the camera as we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 95%, very good promo from The Rock, leading into tonight's main event.

After the commercial, Degeneration X's music is playing over the loudspeaker as Triple H makes his way out onto the ramp. He pours water into his mouth and stands on the top of the ramp and spits it into the crowd. Then, he walks down the ramp and climbs into the ring. He stands in the center of the ring and does the suck it taunt as he spits water into the crowd. He waits in the ring as "Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker. Kurt Angle makes his way out onto the ramp to a loud pop. He taunts on the top of the ramp, then walks down the ring. He slides into the ring and kisses his gold medals, then walks over and shakes hands with Triple H, then climbs onto the turnbuckle. He taunts, then jumps down as a guitar is heard playing over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Cactus Jack makes his way out onto the ramp. He does his Bang Bang taunt on the top of the ramp, then runs down and slides into the ring. He does his Bang Bang taunt again in the ring, then glass is heard breaking over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes NUTS as Steve Austin makes his way out onto the ramp. He walks right to the ring and slides in. He jumps onto the turnbuckle and throws his middle finger up to loud pops. He does it to all 3 other turnbuckles, then jumps down and waits as the Ministry of Darkness music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The Undertaker makes his way out onto the ramp with his full cloak on and Paul Bearer behind him with his urn. They make their way down the ramp and stop at the bottom. Bearer takes Undertaker's cloak off and Taker waits outside the ring as Shamrock's music kicks up. Shamrock makes his way out onto the ramp with the Intercontinental title around his waist. He walks down the ramp and stops at the bottom and looks over at Undertaker and waits as a blast goes off on the ramp. Kane makes his way out onto the ramp, obviously limping a bit. He slowly walks down the ramp and stops at the bottom, staring over at The Undertake as Taker stares back as finally, "IF YA SMELLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK.. IS COOKIN" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. The Rock walks out onto the ramp with the WWF title over his shoulder. He stops at the top and gives the crowd the Corporate Eyebrow, then walks down the ramp. He stops at the bottom and looks around, then all four heels slide into the ring as the action begins.

Eight Man Elimination Match

Steve Austin, Cactus Jack, Triple H, and Kurt Angle vs. The Rock, The Undertaker, Kane, and Ken Shamrock

It took a while for the referee to get order as all 8 men brawled in the ring. The referee somehow got the WWF and Intercontinental title belts out of the picture and finally got it down to Kane and Angle in the ring as Angle ended up eliminating the weakened Kane with an Olympic Slam

*Kane is eliminated

The second fall came when The Rock and Triple H were in the ring and Rock hit Triple H with a huge Rockbottom for the pinfall.

*Triple H is eliminated

The third fall comes when Cactus Jack hits Ken Shamrock with a Double Arm DDT for the pinfall.

*Ken Shamrock is eliminated

The Rock gets into the ring with Cactus Jack and they go back and forth, but then the lights cut out once again. They come back on with Cactus Jack laid out and The Rock laying on top of him as the ref reluctantly counts the 3 count.

*Cactus Jack is eliminated

Kurt Angle gets in the ring, but he is taken out by The Rock who is on a streak as he hits Angle with a Rockbottom for the pin.

*Kurt Angle is eliminated

Austin gets in the ring, but quickly ruins Rock's streak. He beats on Rock, but Rock finally tags The Undertaker in. Taker and Austin go back and forth, but Austin ends up hitting Taker with a Stunner, then knocks Rock off the apron and pins Taker for the 3 count.

*The Undertaker is eliminated

The finals came down to Steve Austin and The Rock. They stared each other down then went at it. They went back and forth with no man really having the advantage. Rock tries to hit Austin with a Rockbottom, but Austin gets out of it and whips Rock across the ring. Rock comes flying back and Austin kicks him in the gut and drops him with a Stunner for the huge win.

Winners via pinfall, Steve Austin, Cactus Jack, Kurt Angle and Ken Shamrock!

Survivor: Steve Austin

Austin stands over The Rock after the match and calls for a beer as two get thrown into them and he drinks them over The Rock as the show ends.

OR: 92%

CR: 95%

MQ: 87%

Booker Notes: ***3/4, pretty good match being that four huge feuds are involved. The crowd loved it as it ended the last RAW before No Way Out.

6.78 rating

I'd give this show about 82% out of 100. It was a very good show for the last show before No Way Out, and just the main event alone definately solidified it as a night to remember. Set up 3 new matches for No Way Out, making No Way Out looking to be a pretty solid show.

WWF Sunday Night Heat

February 21st, 1999

With last week's RAW being the last RAW before No Way Out since RAW has been preempted this upcoming week, this week's Heat will be very important in finalizing No Way Out. 2 of the teams in next week's four way elimination match for the WWF tag team titles, The Hardy Boyz and The Boogie Knights will go at it on Heat to see who will go into No Way Out with the advantage.

After Mark Henry seemed to challenge Viscera on RAW to a match at No Way Out, they will both take their respected partners to Sunday Night Heat as they go into a tag team match.

Test will continue his mean streak as he goes up against another member of the JOB Squad who hasn't been seen recently, The Blue Meanie.

Meanie's fellow JOB Squad member and leader, Al Snow will go up against the Corporation's Big Bossman in a singles match.

Finally, in the main event, Kurt Angle will get a match to get himself ready for Ken Shamrock next week at No Way Out as he goes up against Taka Michinoku.

PLUS.. earlier this week, Good Ol' JR sat with Kurt Angle to conduct an exclusive interview about Kurt Angle's hopes for his time in the WWF and his past experiences. This interview will ONLY be shown on Heat this Sunday night LIVE on USA Network at 7/8 Central with your hosts, Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly, be sure not to miss it!

WWF Sunday Night Heat

February 21st, 1999

Taped from the sold out United Center in Chicago, Illionois

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As it ends, we cut to scenes of RAW's 8 man tag team elimination main event. It ends with Steve Austin pinning the Rock and standing over him drinking beer. Then, we cut to the Sunday Night Heat opening video. As the video ends, we cut to Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly sitting at ringside as fireworks are going off on the stage.

Michael Cole: Welcome fans to WWF Sunday Night Heat. With no RAW is WAR tomorrow night, this is the last show before the night of WWF No Way Out. I'm Michael Cole alongside Kevin Kelly, and we have quite a show for you all tonight.

Kevin Kelly: That's right, we will see two matches tonight that will involve participants in matches at No Way Out, and there will definately be some bad blood tonight.

Cole: That's right, Kevin. Those two matches being The Hardy Boyz against the Boogie Knights and D'lo Brown and Mark Henry against Mideon and Viscera

As Cole finishes talking, we start right off with "Live for the Moment" kicking up over the loudspeaker. The Hardy Boyz make their way out onto the ramp to a decent reaction and the women in the crowd are going nuts. The Hardy Boyz do their gun taunts then run down the ramp and slide into the ring. They get on the turnbuckles and do their taunts, then jump down as "HELLOO LADIES" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The Boogie Knights make their way out onto the ramp seemingly all business as they have no towels around their waists. They walk right to the ring and slide in as the bell rings and the ref sends Jeff and Johnson to their aprons.

Tag Team Match

The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff) vs. The Boogie Knights (Val Venis and Hugh Johnson)

Very good tag team match giving us a preview of the tag team title match at No Way Out. Both teams put in a great effort as the match went back and forth until a beautiful blonde made her way down the ramp. She stopped at the bottom and caught Hugh Johnson's attention. This gave Matt Hardy the chance to roll him up for the pin.

Winners via pinfall, The Hardy Boyz!

After the match, The Boogie Knights bailed as The Hardy Boyz celebrated. The woman made her way into the ring.

OR: 77%

CR: 57%

MQ: 97%

Booker Notes: ***3/4 match, very good tag team contest even though neither team is really over, so the crowd didn't get into it much.

The woman asks for a mic as she smiles at the Hardy Boyz as they stare at her.

Woman: For those of you that don't know who I am, my name is Trish Stratus! (Loud pop from the guys in the audience) Now for the past few weeks, I've been sitting in the back scouting the best future superstar I could find and offer them my managerial contract. But as I looked around, I saw not one, but TWO future superstars that I could offer myself to. Matt.. Jeff... you two have superstar written all over you. With your skills in the ring, you could really go places. And I'm here to help you do that. I'm here to watch you two go into that ring next week at No Way Out and make champs of yourself. What do you say?

Matt and Jeff smile at each other as Matt takes the mic.

Matt: You want to manage US? Well honestly... how could we say no?

Matt smiles at Trish as Trish walks forward and hugs them both, then raises both their arms up as the crowd goes nuts and we cut to a commercial.

Road Agent Notes: Matt Hardy gained 3 points of overness from this segment. Jeff Hardy gained 3 points of overness from this segment. Trish Stratus gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 74%, not such a great segment, but definately got the Hardy Boyz more over, and introduced Trish Stratus in a pretty big way.

As we come back from commercial, "You Lookin at the Real Deal Now" kicks up over the loudspeaker as D'lo Brown and Mark Henry make their way out onto the ramp with Ivory. D'lo is shaking his head around on the ramp as Mark Henry stands next to him smiling and Ivory stands in the back riling up the crowd. They walk down the ramp and D'lo slides into the ring as Henry gets onto the apron and steps over the top rope and Ivory stays outside the ring. Henry waits in the ring as D'lo jumps onto the turnbuckle and shakes his head before climbing down onto the apron. Then, the Ministry music kicks up as Mideon and Viscera make their way out onto the ramp. Mideon has his eye as they walk down the ramp. Mideon places the eye on the announce table in front of Cole and Kelly as he climbs onto the apron as Viscera does so as well. Mideon gets into the ring as the bell is rung.

Tag Team Match

D'lo Brown and Mark Henry vs. Mideon and Viscera

Decent tag team match, but the action in the ring was more D'lo beating on Mideon as Viscera and Henry ended up brawling outside the ring and taking it to the back. D'lo finished off Mideon with a Lo Down for the pin.

Winners via pinfall, Mark Henry and D'lo Brown

D'lo stands over Mideon as we cut to the back where referees are holding Viscera and Henry apart, then we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: **1/2, pretty decent match even though it was basically D'lo vs. Mideon. Mideon actually sold D'lo pretty well.

As we come back, the JOB Squad music kicks up as Blue Meanie dances out onto the ramp to a decent reaction. He dances on the top of the ramp, then walks down the ramp. He slides into the ring and dances in the ring again before "Test.. Test.. This is a Test" kicks up over the loudspeaker. Test makes his way out onto the ramp with Shane McMahon by his side. They walk down the ramp as Shane hypes Test up. Test climbs into the ring as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Test vs. The Blue Meanie

This was basically a squash comedy match as Test beat on Meanie, but whenever Meanie got up, he started dancing and never really got any moves in on Test. With Shane McMahon hyping him up on the outside, Test hit Meanie with a huge Brainbuster, then climbs to the top rope and drops a Flying Elbow on him for the pin.

Test gets up and Shane climbs into the ring. Shane points at Test and says he's the future as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 67%

CR: 64%

MQ: 70%

Booker Notes: *1/2, basic squash match, nothing special.

We come back from commercial to Big Bossman's music playing over the loudspeaker. Bossman makes his way out onto the ramp and spins his nightstick around. He walks towards the ring and slides in. He spins his nightstick in the ring, then puts it in the corner and waits as the JOB Squad music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Al Snow makes his way out onto the ramp to a decent pop. He taunts on the ramp, then charges the ring and slides in as the bell is rung.

Singles Match

Big Bossman vs. Al Snow

Decent brawl with Snow obviously being the more impressive one. Action went back and forth until Bossman misses Snow while swinging the nightstick and Snow kicks Bossman and hits him with a Snow Plow for the 3 count.

Winner via pinfall, Al Snow

CR: 77%

MQ: 84%

Booker Notes: ***1/4, decent brawl, but Snow's talent is what made it watchable.

Before we cut to commercial, a video begins to play hyping up the Kurt Angle and Ken Shamrock feud. It ends with a picture of Kurt Angle with his gold medals and a voiceover is heard saying that JR's exclusive interview with Kurt Angle will be next!

Booker Notes: 79%, quick video promoting the feud and the upcoming interview.

As we come back from commercial, we cut to a scene inside a house, presumably Kurt Angle's home where JR and Kurt Angle are sitting opposite one another. Angle is wearing a 1996 Olympic sweatshirt and sweatpants. JR is in his normal Black WWF shirt and has his black cowboy hat on.

JR: Kurt, I'm honored to be with you here tonight as in little over a week you go into the biggest match of your short career so far against the WWF Intercontinental champion, Ken Shamrock for the WWF Intercontinental champion.

Angle: Thank you, JR. And I'm honored to be in the presence of a legendary announcer such as yourself.

JR: Well thank you, Kurt. But as I was saying, next Sunday night you have a one on one match with WWF Intercontinental champion, Ken Shamrock, and it's going to be a big one. Now since you came to the WWF, you have mentioned some things about your past, but who is the REAL Kurt Angle?

Angle: The REAL Kurt Angle, JR.. is just an everyday American. There's nothing special about me. Yes, I have talent, and I know that, but I've gone through things that many Americans deal with on a daily basis. I grew up in a pretty normal family, but what REALLY made me strive for greatness was the death of my father. My father was everything to me. He pushed me to become the best. He pushed me to exploit my true talent. My father helped me become who I am today. When I lost him, that made me really want to make him proud where he is. When I debuted in the World Wrestling Federation, I feel that that right there made him proud. I feel that that made the old man happy in the sky. And I will continue to impress him as my time goes on.

JR: Well Kurt, you have definately impressed all of us here in the WWF and all the fans for that matter. But now that you have your Intercontinental title, I have to know, what are your goals in the World Wrestling Federation.

Angle: Well obviously just like anybody else in the WWF, my main goal would be the WWF World Heavyweight championship. Some of the best wrestlers in the world have held that championship, and I feel that someday I could reach that level. I mean hell, I already beat the champ.

JR: That you did, Kurt. And speaking of that, how did it feel that night to have pinned the WWF World Heavyweight champion, The Rock?

Angle: The feeling was unbelievable, JR. I stood in front of over 50,000 people in Los Angelos, California as a TRUE winner. It wasn't as big as my 1996 Olympic win, but I have to say, JR, it felt special. I felt like I was truly going somewhere. I felt like God really had faith in me, and I won't let him or myself down.

JR: Well we're short on time, Kurt, but is there anything you would like to say to WWF Intercontinental champion, Ken Shamrock?

Angle: First of all, Ken. I don't want you to take any of this personally. You're a very talented athlete, and I'm not only talking about wrestling, I'm also talking about shootfighting. You're the best of the best, Ken. And one of my goals here in the WWF is to go up against the best of the best. I'm not trying to say that I can beat anybody, but I want to see where I can go, what I can accomplish, and next Sunday night, I will make another accomplishment. I will win the gold and walk out with even more gold around me.

JR: Alright, Kurt, well I'd like to thank you very much for your time, and for letting me be a guest in your home, and good luck next Sunday night.

Angle: You're very welcome, JR. Maybe someday you'll be sitting here with me with the WWF title around my waist, but until then, thank you, JR.

They shake hands as we cut to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 84%, pretty good Kurt Angle interview, but could've been more in-depth.

As we come back from commercial, Taka Michinoku is already in the ring taunting as "Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Kurt Angle makes his way out onto the ramp. He taunts on the top of the ramp and kisses his gold medals before walking down the ramp and sliding into the ring. He hands the referee his gold medals as the bell is rung.

Singles Match

Kurt Angle and Taka Michinoku

Possibly one of the best matches ever shown on WWF Sunday Night Heat. Both men were very impressive as Taka got some good offense as well. Action went back and forth, but Angle ended up hitting him with an Olympic Slam, then locked him in the Ankle Lock for the victory.

Winner via Submission, Kurt Angle!

Angle gets up after the match and celebrates on the turnbuckle. He kisses his gold medals and smiles at the crowd as the show ends.

OR: 82%

CR: 65%

MQ: 100%

Booker Notes: ****1/4 match, the best match seen on WWF television in a while and will definately be a classic.

Overall rating: 5.39

I would give this show about 77% out of 100%. It was a very good show, with continuation of the tag team title feud, the introduction of Trish Stratus and everything with Kurt Angle. This Sunday Night Heat shall always be remembered due to the classic main event.

user posted image

WWF No Way Out 1999 Preview

February 28th, 1999

Live from the sold out Pyramid in Memphis, Tennessee

WWF Tag Team Title Four Way Elimination Match

Canadian Country © vs. Pimpin Gold vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Boogie Knights

The Hardy Boyz became the number one contendors for the tag team titles when they defeated the New Age Outlaws a few weeks ago on RAW. On the last RAW before No Way Out, Canadian Country got involved in a tag team match between the Hardy Boyz and Pimpin Gold, ending the match in a no contest, which brought out the Boogie Knights to brawl with Pimpin Gold. Shawn Michaels decided to mix two problems into one in making this Four Way match, bringing 3 of the best up-and-coming WWF tag teams, although Canadian Country obviously has the most experience.

WWF Hardcore title Fatal Four Way Match

Christian © vs. Terry Funk vs. Edge vs. Road Dogg

Christian made a big move recently by defeating the Road Dogg to become the WWF Hardcore champion. After Road Dogg lost, he moved on to the tag team titles with his partner, Billy Gunn, but lost a #1 contendors match for the tag team titles and ran right back to trying to get the Hardcore title back. Terry Funk made his WWF return by attacking Christian, obviously with the Hardcore title on his mind. Funk and Road Dogg have butted heads, but Comissioner Shawn Michaels finally decided to give both Funk and Road Dogg a shot, but added Edge into the mix to supposedly even up the sides, but Michaels hopes that Edge will realize what's on the line and make a name for himself. So not only the Hardcore title is on the line, but many are wondering if Edge will step up to Christian, or just help him defend his title.

Grudge Match w/ possible special referee, Chyna

Kane vs. Triple H

This all started when Kane took out Chyna after Chyna cost him a tag team match against Triple H. Triple H has demanded that he get revenge on Kane, but the next time he was in a tag team match with Kane, Kane avoided him throughout the entire match. After that, they've butted heads a few times with Hunter getting the last attack in on RAW when Degeneration X opened the show by attacking Kane before his match with Kurt Angle. Triple H announced that Shawn Michaels has given Chyna the opportunity to be the Special Guest Referee in this match if she can make it to No Way Out, but many are wondering if that is a good or bad thing, being that it could put Chyna back in harm's way, but will also give Hunter the chance to do whatever he wants to Kane.

WWF European championship match

X-pac © vs. Steven Regal

Steven Regal made his WWF debut a few weeks ago challenging X-pac for the European championship, saying that the WWF needs a TRUE European to finally hold the European title. Regal faced X-pac that night, but the match ended in a Disqualification as Regal used his British flag to take X-pac out. Regal sent X-pac to the hospital that night with his Regal Stretch, and the next week, X-pac demanded a match with Regal which Michaels made for No Way Out. Last week on RAW, Regal took X-pac out again with THREE Butterfly Powerbombs, making X-pac even more heated in this encounter.

Battle of the Big Men

Viscera vs. Mark Henry

Ever since Viscera "debuted" at Royal Rumble, he has been a huge force taking out men left and right. After he discarded of Mark Henry's partner, D'lo Brown, he was going to attack D'lo again, but Henry made his way into the ring to even things up. The Strongest Man in the World has challenged possibly the biggest man in the World Wrestling Federation in what will be an battle where the strongest will survive.

WWF Intercontinental Title Match

Ken Shamrock © vs. Kurt Angle

Angle made a HUGE WWF debut the night after Royal Rumble and defeated The Rock in a Non-title match with the help of Steve Austin. Ever since then, Angle has been an amazing force in the ring. When Vince McMahon saw Angle use Ken Shamrock's Ankle Lock on heat, he was very angry, and gave Shamrock a chance to take Angle out, with the stipulation being that if Angle SOMEHOW beat The World's Most Dangerous Man, he would get another shot at Shamrock at No Way Out with the Intercontinental title on the line. Angle was victorious and this encounter has been brewing all month, leading to the big match, which will be the biggest match of Kurt Angle's short career.

WWF Light Heavyweight Title Match

Gillberg vs. ???

Earlier this month, someone was seemingly "stalking" Gillberg. He left Japanese signals around, basically making it seem like he wanted a shot at Gillberg's championship. Gillberg will be at No Way Out and has challenged his "stalker" to come to No Way Out and face him for his Light Heavyweight championship. Who will this stalker be? And what did the Japanese signals mean?

Main Event

Tag Team Match

Steve Austin and Cactus Jack vs. The Rock and The Undertaker

Two interesting storylines all put into one match. With The Rock and Steve Austin scheduled to go one on one for the WWF championship at Wrestlemania, this will be their biggest chance to get at each other before Wrestlemania. The Rock defeated Mankind at Royal Rumble to win his WWF championship back, and after his and Vince McMahon's attack on Steve Austin a few weeks ago, Vince announced that Austin WOULD get the spot at Wrestlemania. After Royal Rumble, The Undertaker seemed to want to take Mankind out. He sent Viscera after him to no avail. But the night that Steve Austin and Mankind would be going to take on The Rock, The Undertaker and Viscera in a Handicap match, Steve Austin said one thing to Mankind that would change him forever. He told Mankind he needed to get aggressive, and that he did. That night, after scaring Austin making him think he wasn't coming out, he came out, but in a big way.. as Cactus Jack! But ever since that night, the lights in the arena have been cutting out during Jack's matches, and they have come back on to Cactus Jack being laid out on the mat. Will his striker finally become known as No Way Out, or will the lights be cut out again and Jack will risk a loss for not only himself, but Austin too.

Join us LIVE this Sunday Night at 8/7 Central LIVE on PPV!!

Predictions are welcome and hoped for.. :thumbsup:

WWF Sunday Night Heat

February 28th, 1999

Most of the show was used to hype up No Way Out. Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly were joined by Good Ol' JR and Jerry "The King" Lawler hyping up the No Way Out matches with video packages and interviews with the superstars. The special No Way Out set is shown as it is basically a Country Western set made obviously to push the return of Cactus Jack as there are barbed wire 2 by 4s all around the set.

Finally, the main event came when the Acolytes music kicks up over the loudspeaker in the arena. The Acolytes make their way out onto the ramp to loud boos as they walk straight to the ring. They climb in and raise their arms up in the ring, then Bradshaw gets on the apron as the JOB Squad music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Bob Holly and Al Snow make their way out onto the ramp to a decent pop. Al Snow has head in his hands as he shakes him in the air and Holly stands with his hands on his waist. Then, they walk down the ramp. Snow climbs onto the apron and Holly slides into the ring. Snow keeps Head in his arm as the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

The Acolytes (Faarooq and Bradshaw) vs. The JOB Squad (Al Snow and Bob Holly)

Holly and Bradshaw quickly hook up in the middle of the ring. Bradshaw hits Holly with a hard right hand, knocking him backwards as Bradshaw continues to pummel Holly with rights and lefts. Holly kind of sells the hits, but quickly gets back at Bradshaw with rights and lefts of his own. Bradshaw finally picks up the advantage with a harsh clothesline on Holly knocking him down. Bradshaw goes for the pin, but Holly kicks out after 1. Bradshaw picks him up and walks over and tags in Faarooq. They hit Holly with a double clothesline, then Faarooq gets down and pins him, and Holly kicks out at 2. Faarooq picks Holly up, but Holly gets at him with punches to the midsection. Faarooq stumbles backwards as Holly runs against the ropes and bounces back, hitting Faarooq with a dropkick. Faarooq falls backwards into the ropes as Holly jumps up and walks over to Al Snow and tags him in. Snow raises up head as the crowd pops, then climbs into the ring. Faarooq gets right at Snow, kicking him in the gut and making him drop Head. The referee picks Head up and puts him outside the ring as Faarooq stomps Snow to the ground. Faarooq pulls him back up and sets him up for a Powerbomb, but Snow reverses it, tossing Faarooq behind him. Snow stands up and raises his arms to a loud pop as he picks Faarooq up. He sets Faarooq in DDT position, but lifts him up instead. He starts spinning around, but all of a sudden, Snow drops Faarooq forward as Faarooq powered out and Faarooq sets him up and drops him with a Dominator to loud boos. Faarooq goes for the pin as both Bradshaw and Holly get into the ring. Bradshaw runs up and slams Holly with a Clothesline From Hell as the referee counts the 3 count.

Winners via pinfall, The Acolytes!

Sunday Night Heat ends with The Acolytes walking up the ramp.

OR: 78%

CR: 69%

MQ: 88%

Booker Notes: ***3/4 match, very good tag team match surprisingly as both teams used their brawling to make this match entertaining. The one thing that made this match rough was the stiffness from Holly and The Acolytes, as Snow is really the only good wrestler involved.

No Way Out should be up in the next day or two.

Great diary here, as I've said over AIM. Now, my predictions:

Current WWF No Way Out 1999 card:

WWF Tag Team title Four Way Elimination match: Canadian Country © vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. Pimpin Gold vs. The Boogie Knights-I woiuld pick the Boogie Knights, but Collyer (Hugh Johnson) isn't ready

WWF Hardcore title Fatal Four Way Match: Christian © vs. Terry Funk vs. Road Dogg vs. Edge-don't see Christian dropping the belt til at least Mania

Kane vs. Triple H with possible Special Guest Referee, Chyna-For some odd reason, I see HHH slaying the monster, at least at first

WWF European title No Disqualification match: X-pac © vs. Steven Regal-I just want to see the belt off Waltman

Mark Henry vs. Viscera-Ehh, who cares, but Vis is new, so to speak, and needs to go over

WWF Intercontinental title match: Ken Shamrock © vs. Kurt Angle-Angle's being pushed as the golden boy of the company, no way he's losing

WWF Light Heavyweight title match: Gillberg © vs, Jyushin Thunder Lyger-Guessing on the mystery man (HONEST!), and anyone with half a brain would get the strap off Duane Freaking Gill

Main Event: Stone Cold Steve Austin and Cactus Jack vs. The Rock and The Undertaker-I see Austin and Cactus pulling out the win due to Corporation/Ministry miscommunication

Canadian Country ©

Christian ©

Grudge Match w/ possible special referee, Chyna

Kane

WWF European championship match

Steven Regal

Battle of the Big Men

Mark Henry

Kurt Angle (DQ or something, I don't see him winning the belt yet)

???

Main Event

Tag Team Match

Steve Austin and Cactus Jack

Just to let you know I started reading this a bit yesterday, I haven't read most of it yet but I wanted to leave my predictions. Once I get done with the rest of the shows I'll give you my thoughts :thumbsup:

user posted image

WWF No Way Out

February 28th, 1999

An opening video begins to play showing scenes from the past few weeks of all 4 competitors in the main event. It shows the return of Cactus Jack, the problems between The Rock and Steve Austin, and Undertaker trying to get at Cactus Jack. Then, it shows Cactus Jack being laid out 3 times. Finally, it shows the road up the ladder for young superstar, Kurt Angle before ending with Angle celebrating and kissing his gold medals as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, we cut to the arena as "The Pyramid, Memphis Tennessee" shows up on the top left of the screen as fireworks go off on the top of the ramp. The crowd is going nuts as the camera spans the arena showing fans' signs such as "GoldPimp", "Bang, Bang", "Vince Fears The Rattlesnake", and "Stop the Attack on Cactus Jack". Good Ol' JR is heard over the screaming crowd.

JR: WELCOME EVERYBODY AND WE'RE LIVE FROM THE SOLD OUT PYRAMID IN MEMPHIS TENNESSE FOR NO WAY OUT!!! I'm Good Ol' JR alongside the legendary Jerry "The King" Lawler and what a HUGE show we have tonight.

King: That's right, JR! Tonight will move the Road to Wrestlemania a step further with 8 HUGE matches with some of the top superstars in the business.

JR: We have an amazing lineup tonight with 5 of the 7 WWF championships on the line plus our huge main event which could somewhat give us a little preview of the main event of Wrestlemania XV!

King: Well JR, we're starting tonight off with an ultimate grudge match that has been brewing for weeks with neither man getting a clean advantage until Degeneration X's brutal attack last week on RAW which was DEFINATELY uncalled for.

JR: You have your opinion, King, and others have theirs, but I have heard word that Chyna has actually made it here tonight to be the Special Guest Referee for this match! In fact, King, Michael Cole is standing in the back with Triple H and Chyna right now.

The camera cuts to the backstage area where Michael Cole is standing with Triple H as he stands in his wrestling gear and a water bottle in his hand. Beside him is Chyna in black leather shorts and a referee shirt tied up in the back.

Michael Cole: Chyna, it's great to see you here tonight, but Hunter, I have to ask you something that many have been wondering for weeks now. After Kane's attack on Chyna a few weeks ago on RAW, what makes you think he won't attack Chyna again tonight being that she'll be IN the ring with him?

Triple H: I'm going to say this plain and SIMPLE, Michael. What happened a few weeks ago will NEVER happen again. I have had revenge on my mind for a LONG time, Michael and tonight, my needs will be satisfied. Me getting Chyna in as the Special Guest Referee will NOT become a disadvantage. Kane won't DARE touch Chyna again or his pain will be even worse. I asked Shawn to make Chyna the referee so I can do things to Kane that I could NEVER do with a normal referee. I want Kane to FEEL the pain that Chyna felt. I want Kane to FEEL the pain as he lays up in his hospital bed. I want Kane to..

Triple H stops as Kane walks into the picture and stares at Triple H as Hunter tries to hold himself back as he stares at Kane with anger. Chyna holds Triple H back and tells him to wait until they get in the ring as Kane nods at Triple H and walks off towards the arena as Triple H storms off and we cut to the ring as an explosion goes off on the stage. Kane's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Kane makes his way out onto the ramp. He walks down the ramp messing with his glove as he stares evilly into the ring. He climbs onto the apron and steps over the top rope into the ring. He stands in the center of the ring and raises his arms up and slams them down as fire shoots up from the turnbuckles. He looks down at the mat, then throws his hair to the back of his head and waits as Degeneration X's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Triple H walks out with Chyna by his side. He stops at the top of the ramp as the spotlight shines on him. He pours water in his mouth and raises his head up and spits the water into the air, then throws the water bottle and walks down the ramp. He stares in at Kane as he walks around the ring. He climbs up into the ring as Chyna stays outside the ring but calls for the bell to be rung.

Grudge Match

Special Guest Referee: Chyna

Kane vs. Triple H

Triple H goes right at Kane hitting him with a right hand. Kane swings back and they begin trading right hands. Triple H grabs Kane and tries to whip him across the ring, but Kane reverses it. Triple H comes flying back and Kane throws up his boot, but Triple H ducks it, gets behind Kane and hits him with a reverse DDT. Triple H gets up and stomps on Kane a few times, but Kane sits up. He stands up and Triple H hits him with a right hand. Kane stumbles a bit and Triple H throws another right hand, but Kane ducks it and clotheslines Triple H hard to the mat. He lifts Hunter up and throws him into the corner. He hits Hunter with a few rights and lefts, then sets him up onto the turnbuckle. Kane grabs Hunter by the throat, but Hunter swings his foot and kicks Kane in the chest. Kane stumbles backwards and Hunter jumps off the turnbuckle, grabbing Kane's head in the process and slams Kane's head hard onto his knee. Kane stumbles backwards into the ropes as Hunter runs up and clotheslines Kane out of the ring. Hunter then runs and slides out the opposite side and says something to Chyna. Then, he walks over and grabs the timekeeper's chair. He slides into the ring with it as Kane makes his way back into the ring. Triple H swings at Kane as he enters the ring and hits Kane hard on the top of the head with the chair. Kane falls backwards into the ropes as Triple H drops the chair. He grabs Kane and sets him up for a Pedigree, but Kane reverses it and backdrops Triple H onto the mat. Kane grabs the chair and stares out at Chyna as Triple H gets up behind him. Triple H hits Kane with a hard right to the back of the head, making Kane stumble forward and drop the chair. Hunter picks Kane up and whips him across the ring. Kane comes flying back and Triple H hits him with a knee to the face. Hunter then picks up the chair and slams Kane hard in the back with it. Kane struggles with the pain as Hunter drops the chair and lifts Kane up. Triple H tries once again for a Pedigree and this time connects with it right on the chair. Hunter rolls Kane over and goes for the pin as Chyna slides into the ring and counts a fair 2 count by Kane surprisingly kicks out. Chyna gets up and grabs the chair as Hunter gets up. Kane slowly stumbles up as Hunter kicks him and sets him up for another Pedigree, but this time Kane reverses it again and hits him with another backdrop. Chyna gets nervous and gets ready to swing the chair as Kane stands up fully. Chyna swings the chair, hitting Kane in the head with it. Kane's head swings back, but he stays standing still and stares at Chyna. Chyna runs and slides out of the ring with the chair as Kane walks over to the ropes and climbs over them to the outside. Chyna runs around the ring as Hunter slowly gets up. Kane chases Chyna as Hunter slides out of the ring. Kane turns the corner and gets blasted with a huge clothesline from Hunter. Triple H then reaches under the ring and pulls out a sledgehammer to a loud pop from the crowd. Triple H raises it as Kane slowly gets up. Hunter swings it and clips Kane in the back of the knee with it. Kane falls back down to the ground as Hunter raises the sledgehammer to a loud pop. He throws the sledgehammer in the ring then lifts Kane up and slides him into the ring. Chyna gets back in the ring as Hunter slides in as well. Triple H pins Kane but once again he kicks out at 2 to loud boos from the crowd. Triple H pulls Kane up and whips him into the ropes as Chyna picks up the sledgehammer. Triple H tries to hit Kane with a knee to the face, but Kane grabs Triple H by the throat and hits him with a huge chokeslam to loud boos. Chyna gets nervous as Kane picks Triple H up and sets him up for a Tombstone. Chyna gets behind Kane and clips him in the back of the knee with the Sledgehammer as Kane collapses and falls to the mat with Triple H on top of him as Chyna counts the quick 3 count.

Winner via pinfall, Triple H!!

Triple H rolls off Kane and lays down in pain as all of a sudden, Kane sits up. Chyna is over checking on Triple H as Kane gets up and grabs the sledgehammer as the crowd is booing loudly. He gets behind Chyna and hits her hard in the back with the sledgehammer as Chyna collapses to the ground. Kane raises the sledgehammer and slams it hard once again onto Chyna's back. As Hunter starts to move, Kane climbs out of the ring and quickly gets to the back. Hunter stands up and looks down at Chyna and immediately stares at the back with fire in his eyes. EMTs charge the ring as Hunter bends down and helps Chyna get loaded onto the stretcher while screaming that Kane will pay.

JR: That SICK son of a bitch, King. How could he attack a woman like that?

King: She cost him the match, JR. She deserved it.

JR: I don't think ANYBODY deserves that, King. Kane went TOO damn far this time.

King: Well Triple H didn't look too happy, JR. So this definately isn't over, not by a long shot.

OR: 96%

CR: 98%

MQ: 94%

Booker Notes: ****1/2 match, AMAZING match and great opener for No Way Out. The crowd loved it as this storyline is obviously getting over majorly. The Kane/Triple H saga is only beginning and I can just imagine how their future matches will be after this one.

JR: Well folks, we'll keep you updated on the Chyna situation as soon as we get information, but now let's go to the back where Kevin Kelly is standing by with Edge and Christian of the Brood.

We cut to the backstage area where Kevin Kelly is standing between Edge and Christian. Christian is shining up his Hardcore title as Kelly begins to speak.

Kelly: Edge.. Christian.. in just a few minutes, the Hardcore title will be on the line as you, Christian defend your title against Terry Funk, Road Dogg Jesse James and the other man standing beside me, your brother, Edge. Obviously Funk and Road Dogg are major challengers for your title, but the question remains, are you two still on the same page going into this match.

Christian: How could you even doubt us being on the same page, Kevin. Edge and I are more than tag team partners, we're blood brothers. We grew up on the same page, we made our way to the World Wrestling Federation on the same page, and nothing could EVER seperate us. Shawn Michaels put Edge in this match to even up the sides, and that's exactly what's going to happen. Edge is here to help me against these two savages. We showed last week that we're nothing to mess with. The Brood and the Ministry of Darkness have one major focus, pain. The Hardcore title brings the ultimate pain and Edge and I are here to dish it out. Shawn Michaels thought he could cause a shakeup in the Brood, but he only made us stronger, getting us ready for future challenges. Tonight, The Brood will once again be successful as our reign of terror continues in the World Wrestling Federation. Blood will be shed, pain will be dealt out, and NOBODY will be able to stop this force that has come upon you all. Funk.. Road Dogg.. be ready because you have NO clue what's in store for you.

Christian walks off towards the ring as Kelly turns towards Edge.

Kelly: Anything to say, Edge?

Edge stares at Kelly, then looks off towards Christian then shakes his head no and walks off as we cut to the ring where Terry Funk's music is playing over the loudspeaker. Funk makes his way out onto the ramp to a loud pop. In his hands, he has a huge garbage can with weapons inside it. He raises the garbage can up with one hand on the top of the ramp as the crowd goes nuts. He walks down the ramp and throws the garbage can into the ring, then slides in. A few things fall out of the garbage can: a chair, a 2 by 4, a stop sign, and nunchucks. Funk grabs the chair and waits in the corner as "OHHH YOU DIDN'T KNOWWW... YOUR ASS BETTA CALLLLLLL SOMEBODYYYY" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd pops. Road Dogg walks out onto the ramp and shakes his knees on the top of the ramp. He taunts as the crowd pops again, then he walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. He stares over at Funk, then walks over and grabs the 2 by 4 as Funk inches towards him but stops himself as the arena gets dark and red lights flash around the entryway. The Brood's music kicks up as a ring of fire starts up in the center of the ramp. Gangrel rises into the fire and steps through as Edge and Christian come from the sides of the stage. Christian has his hardcore title around his waist as all 3 men start to walk down the ramp, but all of a sudden, the lights cut back on and the music cuts off as Shawn Michaels shows up on the titantron.

Michaels: Whoa whoa whoa, hooold on a minute. Now I made this match in the interest of fairness, Christian. I gave you the opportunity to have sort of a "partner" in this defense, but I NEVER gave you the right to have Gangrel help you as well. Now you may think I'm stupid, but realize this, Christian. When there are no rules, Gangrel would be able to do anything he wants. So as far as I'm concerned, Gangrel is now BANNED from ringside for this match. (The crowd goes nuts) So Gangrel, before I have to have it done the hard way, you better get your vampire ass backstage. Good luck boys.

Michaels smiles and tips his hat as Gangrel gets angry and pours the contents of his goblet in his mouth and spits it out at the camera before walking to the back as Edge and Christian look at each other then slide in the ring as the bell is rung and "WWF Hardcore Title" falls to the bottom of the screen and crashes, making it crumble up as the match begins.

Christian © vs. Terry Funk vs. Road Dogg vs. Edge

Funk goes right at Christian as Christian pulls his Hardcore title off his waist. Funk swings the chair at Christian, but Christian ducks and swings the Hardcore title, hitting Funk in the back of the head with it. Meanwhile, Road Dogg immediately hits Edge hard with the 2 by 4 and Edge collapses to the mat. Christian grabs the chair and hits Road Dogg in the back of the head with it, knocking him down. Christian gets down quick and pins Road Dogg, but Funk is already up and stomps on Christian's head, getting him off Road Dogg. Funk grabs the Stop Sign as Christian gets up and he hits Christian hard in the head with it. Christian stumbles backwards as Edge gets up. Funk swings and hits Edge in the head as well as Edge stumbles backwards. Funk runs and hits them with a double clothesline with the stop sign. They both fall to the mat as Road Dogg gets up behind Funk and grabs the nunchucks. He swings them at the back of Funk's knee, clipping him and knocking him down to his knees. Road Dogg then swings it again and hits Funk in the head, making him collapse to the mat. Road Dogg then goes down and pins Edge, the obvious weakest one so far, but Christian breaks it up at 2. Christian gets up and grabs the garbage can as two items fall out which makes the crowd pop. 1 was gloves with barbed wire wrapped around them, and the second was a barbed wire 2 by 4. Christian looks down and gets a sick smile on his face. He drops the garbage can and reaches for the barbed wire gloves as Funk slowly gets up. Funk grabs the garbage can as Christian is about to put the glove on. Funk swings and hits Christian in the back of the head with the garbage can. Christian falls to the mat as Funk smiles. He lifts up the barbed wire 2 by 4 as Road Dogg gets up. Funk blasts Road Dogg in the head with it. Road Dogg falls to the mat and is already bleeding pretty bad from that one shot. Edge gets up as Funk stands over Christian about to hit him with the barbed wire 2 by 4. Edge grabs the garbage can and gets up behind Funk and hits him hard in the back with it. Funk stumbles forward as Edge smacks him hard in the head with it. Funk falls to the mat as Edge grabs the garbage can and stuffs it into the turnbuckle. Christian is getting up and he walks over by Edge. They nod at each other then lift Road Dogg up. They set him up in a double suplex position. They lift him up and walk towards the turnbuckle, but Funk slowly gets up and clips them both in the back of the legs with the stop sign. Then both collapse with Road Dogg falling on top of Christian as the refere counts, but Funk stomps on Road Dogg making him fall off. Road Dogg gets up and stares at Funk as they both look down at the barbed wire gloves. They both grab one and slide them on as they stare at each other. They immediately run at each other and both connect with each other's heads with the barbed wire gloves, knocking each other to the ground. Blood pours from their heads as Christian slowly gets up as does Edge. Christian is facing the turnbuckle as Edge bends over seemingly in pain. Christain turns around as Edge runs forward and drives him with a spear straight into the turnbuckle with the garbage can as the crowd goes nuts. Christian smashes into the garbage can and hits his head on the turnbuckle, then collapses to the mat. Edge runs over and pins him as the ref counts the one, two, three as the crowd gives Edge a huge reaction.

Winner via pinfall and *NEW* WWF Hardcore champion, Edge!!

Edge gets up and grabs the title and slides out of the ring. He stares in at Christian, then stares at the belt. He slides in and helps Christian to his feet as EMTs charge down to help Funk and Road Dogg. Christian finally reaches his senses and pushes Edge away. He starts yelling at Edge as Edge points to the Hardcore title. Christian thinks about it then stares at Edge and slides out of the ring. Edge stares down at Christian as we cut to an ad for WWF Wrestlemania XV.

CR: 61%

MQ: 83%

Road Agent Notes: This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Booker Notes: **3/4, pretty good hardcore match with an interesting ending. The crowd couldn't get into it though after the amazing performance in the opening match.

JR: Well folks, we have a new WWF Hardcore champion, and King, I'm STUNNED to say the least.

King: I don't know WHAT got into Edge, JR. It had to be a mistake, there is NO way he could do that to his blood brother!! NO way!!

JR: He saw the opportunity, King. How could he not take it? He had his chance to win his first WWF championship.

King: He's going to regret it, JR. I mean, think about what he just did. He just attacked his BROTHER and took his BROTHER's championship. Christian did NOT look too happy.

JR: He'll get over it, King. But folks, we have some news on Chyna. She's on her way to the local hospital, but the EMTs in the ambulance are predicting a minor fracture in the spine. It doesn't seem too major, but it will keep Chyna out of action for at least a month or two.

King: She's lucky that's ALL it will be, JR. Kane really put it on her.

JR: She's a strong woman though, King, and we should expect her back in no time. But until then, Triple H will be after Kane for revenge. But folks, let's go to the back where Michael Cole is standing by with the beautiful Trish Stratus and the Hardy Boyz.

We cut to the backstage area where Michael Cole is standing with a mic looking kind of nervous as Trish Stratus stands next to him with the Hardy Boyz behind her.

Michael Cole: I'm here with the beautiful Trish Stratus as coming up next her boys, the Hardy Boyz are one of the four teams in the WWF Tag Team title Four Way Elimination Match. Trish, last week on Sunday Night Heat, we saw what you can do, and with your boys having such a big shot tonight, is there anything you would like to say?

Trish: Well thank you, Michael. It's nice to see that a man like you would think of me as beautiful. (Trish smiles at Michael) But tonight, Matt and Jeff have a huge opportunity. They have a chance to finally make names for themselves in the World Wrestling Federation as they challenge the best tag team in the WWF, Owen Hart and Jeff Jarrett, for the tag team titles. Now Matt and Jeff defeated the New Age Outlaws to get a shot at the titles, but Commissioner Shawn Michaels decided the match would be better if there were two other tag teams involved. Now I don't see the fairness in that, but it just adds another obstacle for these two men to overcome. Tonight, The Hardy Boyz, who are still ripe, young superstars, will take that step up. They will reach their first goal, the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team championship, and I will be right by their side to share the enjoyment! All 6 men challenging the Hardy Boyz tonight are going to feel some REAL Stratusfaction!

Trish smiles and give Michael a little kiss on the cheek then takes both Hardy Boyz' hands and walk towards the arena with them as the camera shows Cole blushing as we cut to the ring.

King: That's not FAIR, how come I couldn't do that interview, did you SEE those puppies, JR??

JR: Yeah, King, I saw them, no need for the jealousy.

King: Who said I was jealous? I just wish I could be a little closer to Trish if you know what I mean.

JR shakes his head in shame as Mark Henry's music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd gives him a decent reaction as he walk out onto the ramp. He raises his arms up on the ramp, then walks to the ring. He climbs onto the apron and steps through the ropes. He stands in the center of the ring and raises his arms up to a decent pop as the arena gets dark and the Ministry of Darkness music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Viscera makes his way out onto the ramp to loud boos. He stands at the top of the ramp staring at Mark Henry, then walks down slowly. He climbs onto the apron and steps over the top rope into the ring. He stares at Henry as the bell is rung.

Singles Match

Mark Henry vs. Viscera

Henry and Viscera circle the ring, then walk towards each other and hook up. They do a test of strength as they push each other back, until Viscera starts to lose his balance, and pushes Henry away and hits him with a hard right hand, making him stumble backwards. Henry gets right back at Viscera, hitting him with a right hand of his own, making the big man stumble backwards. They trade right hands until Henry is finally knocked down by Viscera. Viscera stands over Henry and jumps with a Splash on him, but Henry kicks out of the pinfall at 2. Viscera stands up and pulls Henry up. He whips Henry across the ring and swings a clothesline at him as he comes back, but Henry ducks and bounces off the opposite ropes, then runs back, catching Viscera with a clothesline of his own. Henry goes for the pin, but Viscera kicks out at 2, throwing Henry off him. Viscera slowly gets up as Henry gets up. Henry runs towards Viscera, but Viscera catches him and hits him with a Rockbottom type move, then goes for the pin, but Henry kicks out at 2. Viscera stands up and lifts up Henry's legs. He dives in, hitting Henry with a headbunt to the groin as Henry rolls around in pain. Viscera gets on top of Henry, but Henry once again kicks out at 2. Viscera gets up and stares at the referee, then lifts Henry up. He grabs him and lifts him up high over his head and slams him down with a Body Press, then stands over him and hits him with a Big Splash for the 3 count.

Winner via pinfall, Viscera!

Viscera gets up off of Henry and stands in the center of the ring. He stands over Henry and raises his arms up and stares at the ceiling, then looks back down at Henry as we cut to the backstage area.

CR: 58%

MQ: 86%

Road Agent Notes: Mark Henry lost 1 point of overness from this match. Viscera gained 2 points of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: **3/4, surprisingly a decent match for two huge men with not much talent, but the crowd hated it.

We cut to the backstage area where Michael Cole is standing by with the WWF tag team champions, Canadian Country and Debra.

Cole: Owen.. Jeff.. coming up next you're defending your WWF tag team championship against not only one team, but THREE other teams. As the most experienced team in this match, you obviously have the advantage, but all 3 other teams have been on a roll lately.

Owen: You know, something, Michael. Last week, we interfered in the match between the Hardy Boyz and Pimpin Gold so we could teach those little punk Hardyz a lesson, but that washed out LOSER, Shawn Michaels had to make his presence known and added Pimpin Gold and the Boogie Knights into our match. It's a catastrophe, Michael and you damn well know it. But tonight, Canadian Country will show all you people out there that we're serious when it comes to our titles. We'll show each and every one of you that Canadian Country is the BEST damn tag team in the World Wrestling Federation. In fact, our force is stronger than any other superstar in this federation INCLUDING that wannabe, Kurt Angle. Canadian Country will NOT be defeated, whether you all like it or not. (The crowd begins chanting "Nugget" in the arena) DAMNIT.. I AM NOT A NUGGET!

Owen walks off as Jarrett grabs Debra and follows him as we cut to the ring.

"HELLOOOO LADIES" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd boos as the Boogie Knights make their way out onto the ramp with their towels around their waists. "WWF Tag Team Titles" flashes across the screen as The Boogie Knights make their way down the ramp. They climb into the ring and stands in the center of the ring. They do their seductive taunt, and pull off the towels and throw them into the crowd. Then, "Pimpin Ain't Easy" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Goldust and Godfather walk out onto the ramp. Their cheers soon turn to boos as Godfather and Goldust look around. They both put up a finger, then spin around and point to the back as 8 hoes walk out onto the ramp. They surround Godfather and Goldust as they all walk down the ramp. They stop at the bottom of the ramp and the hoes surround them and help them take off their pimp gear before climbing up into the ring. They stare over at the Boogie Knights as the Boogie Knights grimace at the sight of them. Then, "Live for the Moment" kicks up over the loudspeaker as Trish Stratus walks out onto the ramp to a loud pop. She smiles at the crowd and pulls off her hat and spins it around as the Hardy Boyz run out onto the ramp. She gives them both a kiss on the cheek then walks between them as they walk down to the ring. As they reach the bottom of the ramp they run and slide into the ring as Trish waits outside the ring. Then, a guitar riff is heard over the loudspeaker as Canadian Country walk out onto the ramp with Debra between them. Jarrett has his title around his waist and Owen has his over his shoulder, and Jarrett is holding Debra's hand with his right hand and holding his guitar in his right hand. The crowd starts chanting "Nugget" as Owen starts to get angry, but holds his anger in. They walk down the ramp and stop before getting in the ring. Jarrett hands Debra his guitar as they climb into the ring. They hand the referee their belts and get to their corner. As randomly chose in the back, Matt Hardy and Val Venis start in the ring as the bell is rung.

Canadian Country © vs. The Boogie Knights vs. Pimpin Gold vs. The Hardy Boyz

Hardy and Venis hook up in the center of the ring. Hardy gets the upper hand and whips Venis across the ring. He comes flying back and Matt jumps at him with a clothesline, knocking him to the mat. Matt gets right back up as Venis slowly gets up as well. Matt swings a right hand, but Venis blocks it and hits Matt with a DDT. Venis crawls over and tags in Jarrett. Jarrett gets into the ring and lifts Matt up. He hits him with a few right hands, then whips him towards his corner. He tags in Owen and they both stand in the ring and hit Matt with a few right hands, then hit him with a double clothesline. Owen goes for the pin, but Matt kicks out. Owen lifts Matt up, but Matt jumps forward, hitting Owen with a clothesline and gets over and tags in Goldust. Goldust gets into the ring as Owen slowly gets up. They trade right hands, then Owen grabs Goldust and hits him with a Vertical Suplex, then walks over and tags in Val Venis. Venis gets into the ring and picks up Goldust, but Goldust sneaks in a low blow without the referee seeing it, then spins him around and hits him with a Curtain Call. He goes down for the pin as the ref counts the 3 before Johnson can even get in the match.

*The Boogie Knights are eliminated*

Jeff Hardy gets in the ring as Goldust gets up. Hardy jumps and hits Goldust with a dropkick. Goldust stumbles backwards and Owen Hart tags himself in. He gets in the ring as Jeff runs at him and jumps for a dropkick, but Owen grabs his legs and drops him to the mat. He takes Jeff and whips him across the ring. Jeff comes flying back and Owen catches him and hits him with a body press, then goes for the pin, but Jeff kicks out at 2. Owen lifts him up and sets him up for a Fisherman's Suplex. He drops him with it, then grabs his legs and tries to get him in the Sharpshooter, but Matt gets in the ring and stops him. Outside the ring, Debra climbs onto the apron and starts teasing Matt. This gets Trish angry as Trish walks over and pulls Debra off the apron and hits her with a hard right hand. This gets Jarrett angry as Jarrett jumps off the apron and walks over towards Trish, but Matt sees this and jumps down and runs at Jarrett. Matt and Jarrett brawl outside as Owen gets Jeff down again, and locks in the Sharpshooter, but this time Matt is busy and Jeff is forced to tap out.

*The Hardy Boyz are eliminated*

The Godfather gets into the ring and runs right at Owen, hitting him with a stiff clothesline. Godfather taunts as Owen slowly gets to his feet and Godfather runs up, hitting him with another clothesline. The crowd pops as Godfather does his ho train taunt as he stands over Owen. He then lifts Owen up and whips him into the corner. He taunts a bit then runs forward and hits Owen with the Ho Train to a loud pop. Owen stumbles forward and Godfather grabs him for a Pimp Drop. He hits him with it, but Debra is distracting the referee and Jarrett gets into the ring and smashes his guitar over Godfather's head as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. Goldust gets into the ring and runs at Jarrett, hitting him with a hard clothesline that knocks him over the top rope. Owen slowly gets up, but Goldust grabs him and hits him with a Curtain Call. He drapes Godfather over Owen, then stands there as the referee counts the 3 count.

Winners and *NEW* WWF Tag Team Champions, Pimpin Gold!!

Goldust helps The groggy Godfather up as the crowd is going NUTS. They grab their titles as Jarrett gets up outside the ring and pulls Owen out of the ring. Goldust and Godfather opens the ropes as the hoes climb up onto the apron and walk into the ring. Goldust and Godfather dance around with the hoes celebrating with their tag team titles as we cut to a video for RAW is WAR.

CR: 71%

MQ: 89%

Road Agent Notes: The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Booker Notes: ***1/2, pretty good as all four teams work well together creating an amazing four way match.

JR: Welcome back folks, and we have brand new WWF Tag Team Champions, and King, I gotta say, it was a great sight to see.

King: It sure was, JR. Not only did we get to see puppies throughout the match with Trish and Debra, but we got to see ALL the puppies after the match during the celebration!!

JR: Typical, King... typical. Well folks, let's go to the back where Kevin Kelly is standing by the challenger for the WWF European championship, Steven Regal.

The camera cuts to the backstage area where Kevin Kelly is standing next to Steven Regal. Regal has his British flag in his hands.

Kelly: Steven, you made your World Wrestling Federation debut a few weeks ago going right after the WWF European championship. But that night, you destroyed X-pac, disqualifying yourself. Shawn Michaels decided to give X-pac a chance for revenge tonight as he defends his European championship against you in a No Disqualification Match. Now we've heard your history, and obviously you want the European championship, but the biggest question I have is what do you have against the United States of America?

The crowd breaks out into a "USA" chant.

Regal: What do I have against the United States of.. (Regal gets a sick look on his face) AMERICA? Look at this country. Look at all the crime, the poverty, your country is a DISGRACE to upper class countries such as England. Even the man that is supposed to RUN your country is a disgrace! This company needs a REAL European champion. A man of dignity, a man of respect. A man who is TRULY European. The World Wrestling Federation hasn't had a respectable champion since the first champion, Davey Boy Smith. We need to bring dignity back to the European championship and tonight, I will do just that. May the history of Europe and the power of the Queen be behind me, because tonight, I'm going to make HISTORY of my own!

Regal snubs at the camera and walks off with his flag as we cut to the ring as "X-PAAAAAAAC" is heard over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts. X-pac walks out onto the ramp with the European title around his waist. He does the suck it taunt twice, then jumps up and does it in the air as pyro goes off on the ramp. X-pac walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. He hands his title to the ref and taunts in the ring as Old English music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes into a soar of boos as Steven Regal walks out onto the ramp with the British flag in his left hand. He waves with his right hand, then drops his arm and laughs at the crowd before walking down the ramp. He reaches the bottom of the ramp and leaves his flag outside the ring as he slides into the ring and the bell is rung.

WWF European Title No Disqualification Match

X-pac © vs. Steven Regal

X-pac runs right at Regal, jumping at him with a spinning heel kick, connecting with Regal's head, knocking him down. Regal gets right back up as X-pac grabs him and whips him across the ring. Regal comes flying back as X-pac tries to hit him with another spinning heel kick, but Regal catches X-pac's foot, making him drop to the mat. Regal spins him around and tries to lock him in the Regal Stretch, but X-pac kicks him in the gut. Regal stumbles backwards as X-pac rolls over and kip-ups and runs at Regal. He catches him with a clothesline and goes for the pin, but Regal kicks out at 2. X-pac gets up and pulls Regal up with him. He whips Regal into the corner, then runs towards him, but Regal throws up his foot, hitting X-pac with a big boot. X-pac stumbles backwards as Regal grabs him, gets behind him and hits him with a German suplex. Regal goes for the pin, but X-pac kicks out at 2. Regal gets up and stands over X-pac and stomps on him a few times. He lifts X-pac up and whips him across the ropes, but X-pac reverses it. Regal flies against the ropes and comes back as X-pac hits him with a flying heel kick. X-pac lifts Regal back up and whips him into the turnbuckle. He walks up to Regal and hits him with three kicks, knocking him down into sitting position. X-pac starts jumping around doing the suck it taunt then runs up and hits Regal with a Bronco Buster to a loud pop and rides it. X-pac gets up and looks down at Regal then looks outside the ring at Regal's British flag. X-pac smiles as he slides out of the ring and grabs the flag. He slides back into the ring with it as Regal stumbles up. X-pac runs at Regal and swings the flag, but Regal ducks the flag and stands there as X-pac turns around and Regal hits a punch, knocking X-pac straight to the ground, then Regal kisses his knuckles as a pair of brass knuckles are seen on his hand as Regal gets down and pins X-pac for the 3 count and the title.

Winner and *NEW* WWF European champion, Steven Regal!

Regal gets off X-pac and the ref raises his arm to loud boos, but Regal doesn't care about getting his hand raised and just grabs the European title. He hugs it, then picks up his flag and climbs out of the ring. He raises the flag and the belt up but sees X-pac stirring in the ring as he begins to run to the back as we cut a video package showcasing Gillberg's stalker.

OR: 78%

CR: 79%

MQ: 77%

Road Agent Notes: Steven Regal gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: Decent **1/2, but nothing really special and it wasn't given that much time thankfully due to their clash of styles. Interesting to see that there is finally a European champion actually representing Europe!

JR: Well folks, it's been a while since Gillberg defended his Light Heavyweight championship, and finally tonight he'll defend it, but we still don't know who his opponent is, King!

King: I can't wait to find out though, JR.

JR: You won't have to wait much longer, King!

The JOB Squad music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the camera cuts to the backstage area. A security guard knocks on Gillberg's locker room door as Gillberg walks out. He swings his arms around as he walks towards the ring. The camera cuts to the ring as fake chants of Gillberg are heard as pyro goes off on the ramp and Gillberg walks through it coughing. He stumbles onto the ramp, then walks down and slides into the ring. He hands his belt to the referee, then bends over and waits for his opponent. Japanese music kicks up over the loudspeaker as a man with a mask on walks out onto the ramp. The mask has a horn on the top and a point sticking out both sides. He's wearing a red and white outfit with gold on his chest. The members of the audience that notice him go nuts.

JR: That's Jushin Thunder Liger, King!!

King: Jushin WHO?

Liger walks down the ramp taunting the crowd as the crowd gives him a decent reaction. He runs and slides right into the ring as the bell rings.

WWF Light Heavyweight title Match

Gillberg © vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

Gillberg runs right at Liger, but Liger hits him with a huge dropkick, knocking the champion right down. Liger pulls Gillberg back up and sets him up for a Brainbuster. He raises him in the air and spins around a few times, then drops him right on his head. Liger stands up and raises his arms and taunts before jumping onto the top rope. He turns around and dives off with a huge moonsault to a decent reaction, then goes for the pin as the referee counts the quick 3 count, ending this quick match.

Winner via pinfall and *NEW* WWF Light Heavyweight champion, Jushin Thunder Liger!!

King: What a squash, JR! We already have a new WWF Light Heavyweight champion, as if it wasn't expected.

JR: Gillberg didn't even put up a fight, King.

Liger gets up and takes his title and raises it up to a decent reaction, then he climbs out of the ring as Gillberg stands up to loud boos. He looks around, then looks out at Liger, then puts his head down in shame as we cut to a video package hyping up the Intercontinental title match.

OR: 53%

CR: 49%

MQ: 57%

Road Agent Notes: Jushin Thunder Liger debuted his new gimmick (Foreign Star), it got a positive response. The WWF Lightweight title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: DUD. Not much of a match, basically just a way to get the title off of Gillberg and onto a new star.

JR: Well King, it's almost time for the WWF Intercontinental title match, and I have to say, this match ould mean more than any other match tonight as this will be the match that will decide if Kurt Angle will truly become a star or not.

King: Kurt Angle is a NOBODY, JR. What he has done so far has just been luck, nothing more. He'll be put in his place tonight, I gaurentee it.

Shamrock's music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. Ken Shamrock makes his way out onto the ramp with the Intercontinental title around his waist. He walks right down the ramp and walks up the steps. He stops on the top step and raises his arms up and screams, then begins hitting himself in the sides of the head. Then, he climbs into the ring and hands the referee his title belt. "WWF Intercontinental Title" flashes across the screen as "Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes NUTS as Kurt Angle makes his way out onto the ramp. He taunts on the top of the ramp and kisses his medals before walking down the ramp. He reaches the ring and slides in. He jumps onto the turnbuckle and kisses his medals as Shamrock attacks him from behind as the bell rings.

Ken Shamrock © vs. Kurt Angle

Shamrock beats Angle right down to the mat with rights and lefts to the back. Shamrock gets up behind Angle and gets him in a Full Nelson and hits him with a Full Nelson Slam. Shamrock goes for the pin, but Angle kicks out. Shamrock gets up as Angle gets up as well. Angle runs at Shamrock and hits him with a flying headscissors. Angle pins Shamrock, but he kicks out at 1. Angle pulls Shamrock up and whips him across the ring. He climbs flying back with a body press on Angle. Shamrock gets up and stomps on Angle a few times, then lifts him up. He sets him up for a belly to belly suplex, but Angle reverses it into a Belly to Belly Suplex of his own. Angle goes for the pin, but Shamrock kicks out. Angle gets up and backs up as Shamrock slowly gets up. Angle runs forward, hitting Shamrock with a perfect dropkick. Shamrock falls backwards into the ropes as Angle gets onto his feet and runs forward, clotheslining Shamrock to the outside of the ring. Angle stands in the ring taunting as Shamrock slowly gets up outside the ring. He slides in behind Angle and grabs him, dropping him with a Back Suplex. Shamrock goes for the pin, but Angle kicks out. Shamrock pulls Angle up and sets him up for a Belly to Belly Suplex and hits him with it. Then, he walks over and turns Angle around. He locks Angle in an Ankle Lock as Angle screams in pain reaching towards the ropes. Shamrock keeps it locked in hard and is screaming and looking like he's going crazy. Angle finally jumps towards and grabs the bottom rope as the referee makes Shamrock break the hold. Shamrock gets up and pushes the referee away. He lifts Angle up and sets him up for a Belly to Belly Suplex, but Angle pushes him away, gets behind him and hits him with a huge Olympic Slam. Then, Angle walks around the ring taunting, then flips Shamrock over and sets him up in an Ankle Lock. Shamrock screams in pain, refusing to give up to his own move, until he finally passes out and the referee calls for the bell as the crowd goes nuts.

Winner via knockout and *NEW* WWF Intercontinental Champion, Kurt ANGLE!!

Angle gets up as the crowd is giving him a standing ovation. He grabs the Intercontinental title and hugs it close to him. He kisses the title, then raises it up. He walks over to the turnbuckle and climbs up. He raises the title up and taunts, then climbs down and stands over Shamrock. He smiles at the crowd as we cut to the backstage area in a dark room.

OR: 92%

CR: 84%

Road Agent Notes: The WWF Intercontinental title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: ****3/4, Match of the NIGHT without a doubt. Shamrock and Angle stole the show, completely solidifying Angle as a major player in the business and making Shamrock's impressive history even more impressive.

We cut to a dark room where The Undertaker is standing in the back with a candle in front of him showing his face as Paul Bearer stands next to him, but instead of Bearer talking as usual, The Undertaker slowly begins to talk.

Undertaker: Cactus Jack.. the night has finally came. The night where your soul will be taken. The night where your attacker will make himself known. TONIGHT, Cactus Jack, your life will be changed. Horror will reach your mind, and you will be destroyed forever. Tonight.. Porphyrion will reach you. He will take you to a whole different mindset. Be ready, Cactus Jack.. be AFRAID!

Paul Bearer begins to laugh evilly as Undertaker stares at the screen and we cut to the arena.

JR: Who the HELL is Porphyrion, King?

King: I don't know, JR, but this sounds big! REALLY big!!

A guitar is heard playing over the loudspeaker as Cactus Jack's music kicks up. The crowd goes NUTS in the arena as Cactus makes his way out onto the ramp. He stands at the top of the ramp and raises his arms then does his bang bang taunt to a loud pop. He smiles, then runs down the ramp and slides into the ring. He climbs onto the turnbuckle and does his bang bang taunt again, then jumps down into the ring as glass is heard breaking as Steve Austin walks out onto the ramp to a loud pop. He walks straight to the ring and slides in. He jumps onto the closest turnbuckle and raises his middle fingers up to a loud pop. He does this with the other three turnbuckles, then stands next to Cactus Jack as the arena gets dark and a gong is heard over the loudspeaker. The Undertaker's music begins to play as The Undertaker walks out onto the ramp in his full Lord of Darkness outfit. Paul Bearer creeps up behind him with the urn. They walk slowly down the ramp and as they reach the bottom, Bearer helps Undertaker take off his coat. Undertaker stands next to Paul Bearer who now has the urn in his hands and the Undertaker's coat draped around his arm. Undertaker waits outside the ring as "IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK... IS COOKIN" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes into a soar of boos and a "Rocky Sucks" chant begins. The Rock makes his way out onto the ramp with the WWF title around his shoulder and his sunglasses on. He stands at the top of the ramp and looks in the ring. He lowers his sunglasses and does a Corporate Eyebrow before pulling off his sunglasses and tossing them into the crowd. He walks down the ramp and stops by The Undertaker. He looks at him as Cactus Jack and Austin get ready in the ring. Rock and Undertaker climb onto the apron as Rock calls the referee over. He hands the referee his belt then points over at Austin and Cactus. The referee walks over and forces Austin onto the apron as Rock climbs into the ring and the referee calls for the bell.

Main Event

Tag Team Match

Cactus Jack and Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock and The Undertaker

Rock and Jack go right at it trading right hands. The Rock blocks one of Jack's right hands and hits him with another right, making him fall down. Jack gets right up and Rock hits him with another right hand and Jack falls down again. Then, Rock spits on his hand as Jack gets up and hits Jack with another right hand, knocking him down. Rock walks over and stomps on Jack, then lifts him up. He whips him across the ring and as he comes flying back, he hits Rock with a flying knee. Rock falls down, but gets right back up. Jack starts hitting him with rights and lefts right into Jack's corner and Jack tags in Austin. Austin gets in the ring and starts beating on Rock in the corner, hitting him with rights and lefts. He whips Rock across the ring towards his own corner, but Rock reverses it and Austin flies into The Rock's corner. Undertaker grabs Austin's neck and starts choking him as Rock walks over and tags Taker in. Taker gets into the ring and hits Austin with an uppercut. Austin falls back into the turnbuckle. Taker grabs Austin by the throat and throws him across the ring. Austin falls to the mat and Taker walks over and pins him, but Austin kicks out. Taker pulls Austin up and hits him with a stiff right hand. Taker whips Austin across the ring and as he comes back, Taker throws up his foot for a big boot, but Austin ducks. He bounces off the opposite ropes as Taker turns around and Austin runs up and hits him with a Lou Thesz Press. Austin begins hitting Taker with rights and lefts, then stops and flips the bird at him, then continues to beat him with rights and lefts. Then, Austin gets over and pins Taker, but Taker kicks out. Austin gets up and tags Cactus Jack in. Jack gets into the ring as Undertaker slowly gets up. Jack walks towards Undertaker as Undertakers stands there smiling at Jack. Just as Jack is about to hit the Undertaker, the lights cut off. They cut back on and Cactus Jack is laid out in the center of the ring and a huge man in goth painting is standing over him.

JR: MY GOD, KING!! WHO THE HELL IS THAT?

King: That must be Porphyrion, JR!! I KNEW Undertaker had something planned! HAHAHA!!

Porphyrion stands over Mankind staring down at him as Austin gets into the ring. He attacks Porphyrion from behind and hits him with hard rights and lefts and finally clothesline him over the top rope, but he turns around right into a Rockbottom from The Rock. The Undertaker lifts up Cactus Jack's groggy body and sets him up for a Tombstone and connects with it, then folds Jack's arms over his chest and pins him for the 3 count.

Winners via pinfall, The Rock and The Undertaker!!!

The crowd in the arena is still booing as Porphyrion climbs in the ring and stands over Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Undertaker stands up in the ring. The Undertaker stands over Cactus Jack and rolls his eyes into the back of his head. He has a sick smile on his face as The Rock is shown smiling on the apron as the show comes to an end.

OR: 90%

CR: 91%

Booker Notes: **** match. Very good for the No Way Out main event, but ended quickly due to Porphyrion. The introduction of Porphyrion was successful and will bring in some interesting storylines.

1.97 Buyrate

I would give this show about 82% out of 100% on the Pay Per View scale. Top to bottom, it was a very good card, but there were some low spots. The Mark Henry/Viscera match was surprisingly decent, but we could have done without it. The Light Heavyweight title match pulled everything down a bit as that could have easily been done on a RAW or Heat instead of on Pay Per View. The European and Hardcore title matches were decent, but not amazingly good. The tag team title match was amazing being that it had four teams involved. The obvious show stealers were the Triple H/Kane match and the Intercontinental title match with the Main Event also being pretty amazing. All in all a great show.

Edited by TheBookerMan69

After a very successful No Way Out, Vince McMahon was happy. The Road to Wrestlemania was doing well and now he would finally get to begin setting up for Wrestlemania. The contracts of Terri Runnels and The Acolytes' Bradshaw were renewed for another year. After thinking it over, Vince McMahon decided to release Pete Gas due to him not making any progress in OVW.

WWF RAW is WAR Preview

March 1st, 1999

A night after the biggest match of his career and the biggest win of his career, Kurt Angle has announced he's going to have a celebration ceremony LIVE on RAW.

The WWF Light Heavyweight title will be on the line on a RAW, which makes the first time in a while that the Light Heavyweight title will be on the line on RAW as brand new champion, Jushin Thunder Liger will defend his title for the first time against Sho Funaki.

The WWF tag team titles will be on the line as rivals Pimpin Gold and The Boogie Knights go at it in tag team action.

After No Way Out last night, we don't know what will happen between Christian and Edge. With Edge pinning Christian to win Christian's Hardcore title last night, will the brothers stick together or will Christian look for revenge? We could possibly find out on RAW where Edge's loyalties lie as Christian goes one on one with Terry Funk.

The massive Viscera will continue his reign of terror as he takes on the Hardy Boyz in a handicap match.

The WWF European title will be on the line as new champion, Steven Regal, will defend his title against now former tag team champion, Jeff Jarrett.

In the HUGE main event, Porphyrion better known as The Giant or Paul Wight to wrestling fans, who made his debut last night at No Way Out, will step into the ring with the #1 contendor for the WWF championship, Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin obviously is not happy with Porphyrion costing his team the win in the main event last night.

ALSO.. with Cactus Jack finally finding out who has been attacking him the past few weeks, will he have something to say to Porphyrion on RAW?

Rumors are also going around that after the debut of Jushin Thunder Liger last night, another foreign star is expected to debut on RAW. Who will it be? Tune in to WWF RAW is WAR LIVE on USA Network at 9/8 Central with your hosts, Good Ol' JR and Jerry "The King" Lawler

Great PPV man, Still haven't caught up with all of the diary so far but I liked the PPV. I'm surprised Kane/HHH got such a high rating for match quality but then again they were both awesome in 99. Kane's beatdown though was great. It should make him a real monster. This Porphyrion sounds good. his stuff with Cactus Jack should be great. Goldust and Godfather as champs sounds like an awesome team. I give the PPV a solid 8/10. Wrestlemania is going to be awesome in my book keep it up :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

• 2 months later...

WWF Monday Night RAW is WAR

March 1st, 1999

Live from the sold out Mid South Coliseum in Memphis, Tennessee

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, a video begins to play showing highlights from No Way Out last night. First, it shows Triple H pinning Kane, then Kane attacking Chyna with the Sledgehammer after the match. Then, multiple scenes are shown of the Hardcore title match, finishing off with a clip of Edge pinning Christian, then Christian staring at Edge with anger after the match. Then, a few scenes from the battle of the big men is shown and finishes off with Viscera taking out Henry and pinning him. Then we get shots of each of the eliminations in the tag team title match, finishing off with Pimpin Gold winning the tag team titles. Then, Steven Regal is shown winning the European championship with the help of brass knuckles. Scenes of Jushin Liger's debut is shown, then it cuts to him destroying Gillberg quickly and winning the Light Heavyweight championship. Scenes from Kurt Angle and Ken Shamrock's battle are shown, finishing off with Kurt Angle winning the Intercontinental championship as the crowd goes nuts. Finally, scenes are shown from the main event, and finish off with the debut of Porphyrion and Cactus Jack losing the match. Then, the ending of the pay per view is shown as we cut to the WWF RAW opening video. As the video ends, we cut to the ring where pyro is going off, then the camera spans the crowd as we hear Good Ol' JR.

JR: Welcome everybody to Monday Night RAW, and King, last night was amazing, every title that was on the line switched hands and it's almost like we're a whole new federation today.

Jerry “The King” Lawler: Very true, JR, and what about the impact of the newest member of the WWF roster, Porphyrion, last night at No Way Out? It is finally known who has been attacking Cactus Jack these past few weeks.

JR: And King, I guarantee you that Cactus Jack is ready for revenge but from what I’ve heard, he is not in the building tonight. In fact, nobody has seen him since last night. He’s really worrying a lot of people, King.

King: Cactus Jack is scared, JR. I mean, think about it. He’s been attacked every week these past few weeks and he finally sees who has been attacking him and it’s a man that is 7 feet tall, almost 500 pounds, I would be scared too.

As King finishes, "Real American" kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes nuts.

King: Speaking of revenge, JR, I know of at least ONE man that wants revenge on this man right here, the SUPPOSED Olympic Champion, Kurt Angle!

Kurt Angle walks out onto the ramp to pyro with the Intercontinental title around his waist. He spins around on the ramp, then kisses his medals, then stares down and smiles at the Intercontinental title. The crowd is cheering nonstop for him as he walks down the ramp and they begin to give him a standing ovation. Angle slides into the ring and climbs up onto the turnbuckle. He pulls the belt off his waist and raises it up, then climbs down and stands in the center of the ring. He puts his title on his shoulder, then asks for a mic as he begins to talk.

Kurt Angle: It is MY honor to stand in front of each and every one of you tonight as the World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental champion. I stand in front of you all as a man that defied all the odds these past few weeks. I went from being a nobody to being a household name. The pressure on me, it was all worth it in the end. So after I defeated Ken Shamrock last night, I wanted to come out here tonight as a hero. I wanted to come out here as a man that can easily take out the Corporation. No disrespect to men such as Stone Cold Steve Austin and Cactus Jack because men like them are the men that I admire. They are the men that hold this federation together, and if it wasn't for them, we would all be nothing. So tonight, in celebration of my Intercontinental championship win, I would just like to say, GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

Red, white and blue balloons fall from the top of the arena as they fall into the ring and rain down when all of a sudden, in the midst of all the balloons falling, Kurt Angle gets attacked from behind in the ring. He gets beaten down, then a small Asian man walks next to them and the crowd goes into a soar of boos as the man is recognized to be Mr. Fuji. The man attacking Angle climbs onto the top rope and dives off with a Moonsault, then stands up as the balloons stop falling and the man is recognized as The Great Muta as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. Muta sticks out his green tongue and laughs as Mr. Fuji smiles beside him as we cut to a commercial.

Road Agent Notes: Great Muta debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response.

Booker Notes: 79%, decent segment marking the debut of The Great Muta and return of Mr. Fuji, plus gives a small view of a possible feud for Kurt Angle.

As we come back from commercial, the Japanese flag shows up on the titantron and Liger’s music begins to play. The crowd gives a decent reaction as the new WWF Light Heavyweight champion makes his RAW debut as he walks out with the LW title. He raises the title up to a decent pop, then runs down the ramp and slides into the ring. He hands the referee his belt and waits in the ring as the Kaientai music kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd boos loudly as Sho Funaki walks out with Taka Michinoku by his side. They taunt on the top of the ramp to boos, then walk down the ramp. Michinoku waits outside the ring as Funaki slides in and the bell rings.

Jushin Thunder Liger © vs. Sho Funaki

In a decent Light Heavyweight match, action went back and forth with Liger having the advantage. This was Liger’s first real match with the WWF and was pretty impressive. The crowd didn’t get too much into it as Funaki doesn’t get much of a reaction and Liger isn’t too well known. Action went back and forth until Funaki tried to hit Liger with a Hurricanrana, but Liger spins him around into a Liger Bomb, then hits him with a Moonsault for the 3 count.

Your winner via Pinfall and *STILL* WWF Light Heavyweight champion, Jushin Thunder Liger

After the match, Liger gets up and the referee raises his hand, but before he can get his LW title belt, Taka slides in the ring with it and blasts Liger in the back of the head with it. Liger falls to the mat and Taka stands over him yelling down at him. Taka lifts Liger up and hits him with a hard Michinoku Driver to loud boos. Then, he stands over Liger and gets right into his face. He lifts up the Light Heavyweight title and points at it while smiling, then spits on Liger’s mask as the camera cuts to a commercial.

OR: 70%

CR: 57%

Road Agent Notes: The WWF Lightweight title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: **1/2, very good for Liger’s debut, considering he faced someone who is not over at all.

As we come back from commercial, Degeneration X’s music kicks up to a loud pop. Triple H makes his way out onto the ramp to a loud reaction.

JR: What is Triple H doing out here? As far as I know, he’s not scheduled to be out here right now.

King: How should I know, JR? He’s a degenerate, he does what he wants whenever he wants. He doesn’t care what anybody else thinks.

JR: That basically is the truth, King, but look at him right now. This is NOT the Triple H we all know, and it’s for a good reason too. Last night, Chyna was taken to the emergency room and although we are not sure of the extent of the injury, her back is not in good condition after Kane’s sledgehammer shot.

Triple H storms right down the ramp, not even taunting like usual, before sliding into the ring. He stands in the center of the ring and asks for a mic and speaks angrily into it immediately.

Triple H: KANE!! I know you’re in the building. Last night you made a MISTAKE. You screwed with the WRONG people, Kane. I had you beat, I took care of you, then you went and attacked an INNOCENT woman. She didn’t try to screw you during the match, Kane. She was a FAIR referee, but you decided to smack her in the back with a sledgehammer. How does that show manhood, Kane? How does that show that you have BALLS? Well Kane, last night we destroyed each other, but TONIGHT, I truly want to DESTROY you. So if you’re a man.. if you have BALLS, I want you to get your ass out here right now and face me in the center of this ring.

Just as HHH says this, an explosion goes off on the ramp and the lights cut out as Kane’s music kicks up over the loudspeaker. HHH stares towards the entryway with a sick smile on his face, but Kane never shows up. All of a sudden, HHH is clipped in the back of the knee from behind with a sledgehammer. HHH collapses to the mat as the lights turn back on and Kane is standing over HHH. Kane then lifts the sledgehammer up and slams it hard down again onto the back of HHH’s knee. He then drops the sledgehammer and begins laughing evilly as he stands over HHH and raises his arms up. He slams them down and fire bursts up from each of the turnbuckles as the camera cuts to a commercial.

Booker Notes: 90%, another shock in the feud between HHH and Kane.

As we come back from commercial, JR and King are shown talking.

JR: What an ATTACK by Kane before the break, King. That was really uncalled for.

King: What’s the big deal, JR? I mean, HHH ASKED for Kane to come out there, basically he was asking to get attacked like that.

JR: I wouldn’t say that, King. I mean, HHH wanted revenge for last night, and personally I think he deserves it, but Kane just comes out of nowhere and attacks HHH the way he did, that just shows that Kane just can’t beat HHH one on one.

King: Oh, he can JR. He would just rather torture HHH.

As King finishes, Pimpin Gold’s music kicks up over the loudspeaker.

JR: And here comes the brand new WWF Tag Team champions, King! They haven’t been a team long, but they are very successful together!

King: Canadian Country were SCREWED last night, JR. They are the true Tag Team champions.

Pimpin Gold make their way out onto the ramp with their title belts around their waist. They stop at the top of the ramp as the crowd is giving them a mixed reaction. They look around then both put a finger up, then jump on one foot and point to the back as 6 hoes walk out. They surround Godfather and Goldust as the crowd goes nuts and they walk down the ramp. The hoes help them take off their pimp gear outside the ring, then they climb in the ring and hand their belts to the referee. Val Venis’ music begins to play as the crowd goes into a soar of boos.

JR: This match has been expected for a while, King. Being that Val Venis and Godfather are former partners, and Goldust is the one that ruined that partnership, Venis and his new partner, Hugh Johnson have been out to get Pimpin Gold and now the tag team titles just make them want to destroy Pimpin Gold even more.

King: Goldust and Val Venis have not gotten along for a long time, JR, but I completely see why Val hates the man, I mean, who would like that freak. Now that Venis has Johnson by his side, there’s no way Pimpin Gold can keep them down. They may have failed last night at No Way Out, but nobody can stop them tonight.

Val Venis and Hugh Johnson walk out in their normal gear without the towels. They seem serious as they walk towards the ring staring in at Pimpin Gold. They slide in and the referee forces Goldust and Johnson to their respective corners as Venis and Godfather get ready to face off and the bell rings.

WWF Tag Team Championship Match

Pimpin Gold (Goldust and The Godfather) © vs. Boogie Knights (Val Venis and Hugh Johnson)

Venis and Godfather go back and forth as they have good chemistry together considering their former partnership, they know each other’s moves well. They end up tagging out to their partners and Goldust gives the rookie quite a beating until Johnson tags Venis back in. Venis takes his anger out on Goldust and gets him down, but misses on the Money Shot. Goldust slowly gets back up as Venis does as well until the New Age Outlaws hit the ring. They attack both men in the ring as the bell is rung for a No Contest. Godfather and Johnson get in the ring. Godfather goes to attack the Outlaws, but Johnson attacks him from behind knocking him down. The Outlaws continue to beat on Venis and Goldust, but then go towards Johnson and grab him hitting him with a double powerbomb. Godfather gets up and grabs Road Dogg, hitting him with a Pimp Drop as Goldust and Venis slowly get up. Goldust grabs Billy Gunn and goes to hit him with a Curtain Call, but Venis clotheslines him and grabs Gunn, hitting him with a Fisherman’s Suplex. Venis looks down and smiles as he backs towards the turnbuckle and all of a sudden Godfather runs towards him and blasts him towards the turnbuckle hitting him with a Ho Train that he started off camera. The crowd goes nuts as Godfather stands in the ring over everyone and the camera cuts to a commercial.

OR: 76%

CR: 70%

Road Agent Notes: Hugh Johnson gained 2 points of overness from this match. The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Booker Notes: **3/4, pretty decent match, but ruined by the New Age Outlaws interference, but the aftermath of the match was pretty good.

As we come back from commercial, the New Age Outlaws are shown walking through the backstage area when Michael Cole stops them.

Cole: Billy.. Road Dogg.. why did you just interfere in the tag team title match?

Road Dogg: You know something, Cole. Billy and I, we are not 1, not 2 but THREE time WWF tag team champions. As I look over the competition right now, it is NOTHING. Look at all the teams going for the titles. First we have our champions, Pimpin Gold, a team that is merely a month or so old. Their “top” contenders, Boogie Knights, who are another team that is merely a month or so old. Then, we have the Hardy Boys, rookies who are just stepping foot into the business. Edge and Christian, two more young stars trying to make names for themselves. Our only true competition is Canadian Country, and from what I’ve seen, they seem to be ready to move on to bigger and better things. So Cole, where does that leave Billy and I? We’re more experienced, more TALENTED, and hell more WELL-LIKED them any single one of those teams. Degeneration X does WHAT we want WHEN we want. And tonight, we just wanted to make our presence known. Godfather may have been standing at the end, but we STILL made our mark. And honestly, we’ll get our title shot whenever we damn well please. As far as Kane goes, last night you took out Chyna, tonight you took out our brother Hunter, and soon enough, you will be DESTROYED. Degeneration X is not a group you want to (beep) with. Watch your damn back.

Billy laughs as he and Road Dogg walk off and the camera cuts to the ring.

Booker Notes: 82%, used to setup the New Age Outlaws’ goal for the gold once again.

JR: Well King, I guess the New Age Outlaws are dead set on getting the WWF tag team titles back. But coming up in a moment we have 2 men going at it one on one that have been waiting for the inevitable match. Terry Funk made his WWF debut attacking Christian, as he was after Christian’s Hardcore title. Funk finally had his chance at the title last night, but Christian’s brother Edge made the quick sneak on Christian to win the title for himself. Now Funk and Christian are finally going at it one on one, but I think there’s something more on both of their minds than each other.

King: There definitely is, JR. Neither one of them care about each other anymore, now they’re both after Edge, they WANT that Hardcore championship.

JR: Well, King, this match could very well help us see a new top contendor to the title.

Terry Funk’s music kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd gives him a decent pop. He walks out onto the ramp and taunts a little bit, but seems to have a kind of worried look on his face. He continues walking down the ramp and slides into the ring. He waits in the ring as the Brood music kicks up and the arena gets dark. Red lights flash around all over the arena as Christian makes his way out onto the ramp. He walks towards the ring, and slides in. He has an angry look on his face as he attacks Funk right away and the bell rings.

Hardcore Match

Terry Funk vs. Christian

Funk and Christian go at it in the ring for a while, but it eventually spills outside the ring. Funk uses a steel chair on Christian, but Christian ends up coming back and blasting Funk with the ring bell. Christian goes under the ring and grabs a 2 by 4 as Funk slowly gets up. Christian smacks Funk hard in the gut with the 2 by 4, then tries to hit him with an Impactor onto the chair, but Funk low blows Christian and hits him with a DDT onto the chair. The crowd goes nuts as Funk lifts Christian up and sets him up for a Powerbomb right in front of the Spanish Announce Table. He lifts him up, but Christian reverses it into a Hurricanrana and slams Funk straight onto the announce table, making him crash through it and land on the hard floor. Christian stands over Funk as Edge charges down the ramp with the Hardcore championship. He walks towards Christian and gives him the Hardcore championship. Funk slowly gets up as Christian swings the Hardcore title at him, but Funk ducks and Christian blasts Edge with the title. Christian looks down at Edge with a worried look on his face as he turns around and Funk grabs him and drops him with a double arm DDT straight onto the chair, then turns him around and pins him for the 3 count.

Your winner via pinfall, Terry Funk!

Funk stands up and celebrates a little bit but hurries to the back as Christian and Edge slowly get up. Edge looks at Christian as Christian looks back but all of a sudden Christian dives towards Edge with a strong clothesline, knocking him down as the crowd boos loudly. Christian lifts Edge up and hits him with an Impactor to loud boos as he stands over him with a sick smile on his face and the camera cuts to a commercial.

Road Agent Notes: Christian lost 2 points of overness from this feud ending. Terry Funk gained 2 points of overness from this feud ending.

Booker Notes: ***3/4, very good hardcore match. Things are finally over between Christian and Funk, but now things seem to be heating up between the two brothers, Edge and Christian.

JR: Welcome back folks, and it definitely seems like Edge and Christian are no longer on good terms, as the brothers seem to have one major thing in common, they WANT the Hardcore championship and Edge doesn’t seem like he’ll truly let it out of his grasp after winning it from his brother last night.

King: It was a very greedy thing for Edge to do, King. I mean, Christian expected Edge to have his back, they DID have two other opponents that seemed to be on decent terms, but Edge couldn’t help but take the opportunity. That was wrong on so many levels, JR.

JR: He saw his opportunity, King. Any SANE man would do the same thing. But Kane, I’m really looking forward to see this next match. These past few weeks, Viscera has been almost untouchable and now he’s going up against 2 men at once, The Hardy Boys. And although they’re small, they’re a pretty quick tag team, and I’m not too sure that Viscera can keep BOTH of them down.

King: I don’t know, JR. Look at Viscera, he’s HUGE. Mark Henry couldn’t even do much to him last night at No Way Out, do you REALLY think the Hardy Boys have a chance?

The arena gets dark and the Ministry of Darkness music kicks up.

JR: I guess we’re about to find out, King.

A light is seen by the entryway as Viscera walks out onto the ramp. Paul Bearer is by his side as he smiles walking down the ramp with Viscera. Viscera climbs onto the apron and steps over the ropes as the lights turn back on. He stands in the center of the ring as Bearer applauds outside the ring. Viscera gets a sick smile on his face as “Live for the Moment” kicks up over the loudspeaker. The Hardy Boys make their way out onto the ramp with Trish Stratus between them. Stratus points at both men as they do their gun taunts. Then, they walk down the ramp with Trish between them and start sprinting at the bottom of the ramp and slide in the ring as Trish waits on the outside and the bell rings.

Handicap Match

Viscera vs. The Hardy Boys

Matt and Jeff run at Viscera, but get blasted with a quick double clothesline, knocking them both to the mat. Jeff gets up and Viscera grabs him and hits him with a huge Bodyslam. Matt gets up behind Viscera and jumps on his back and starts choking him. Viscera stumbles around, but reaches back and grabs Matt and flips him over his head onto the mat. Jeff gets up and starts hitting Viscera with rights and lefts. Viscera grabs him and whips him across the ring. Jeff comes flying back towards Viscera and Viscera swings a clothesline, but Jeff ducks it and hits Viscera with a dropkick from behind right into the rising Matt who jumps and hits Viscera with another dropkick. They try to grab Viscera and hit him with a double DDT, but Viscera slams them both hard in the gut and drops them with a double DDT of his own. He stands over both men and jumps onto them landing with a Big Splash and pins both men for the 3 count.

Winner via pinfall, Viscera!

Viscera stands up and taunts in the center of the ring and laughs as Trish helps the Hardys out of the ring and the camera cuts to a commercial.

OR: 63%

CR: 44%

Road Agent Notes: This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Booker Notes: **, decent match, basically another Viscera squash. The crowd couldn’t get into it at all after the amazing Hardcore match we just had a little while ago. You gotta really wonder where this angle with Viscera is going though.

JR: Welcome back folks and what a beating displayed by Viscera before the break. Who is going to finally stop that man?

King: Nobody CAN, JR. I mean, look at him. As long as The Undertaker has control of him, nobody can stop him.

JR: Well folks, before we start the next match, we’re going to take you all back to earlier tonight, during Kurt Angle’s celebration for his Intercontinental title win last night at No Way Out, where this next match was basically made by a new WWF superstar’s actions.

The camera shows the scene from the opening segment tonight where The Great Muta made his WWF debut attacking Kurt Angle. Then, the camera cuts back to the ring where Japanese music kicks up over the loudspeaker as The Great Muta makes his way out onto the ramp with Mr. Fuji by his side. Fuji is all smiles as he leads his client to the ring. Fuji and Muta talk a little bit outside the ring, then Muta climbs into the ring and waits as “Real American” kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes nuts as Kurt Angle makes his way out onto the ramp with his gold medals around his neck and his Intercontinental title around his waist. He kisses his medals and shows off his title as the crowd goes nuts. Angle makes his way down the ramp and climbs into the ring. He hands the referee his medals and his belt, then stares at Muta as the referee raises the belt and the bell rings.

WWF Intercontinental title match

Kurt Angle © vs. The Great Muta

Great Muta made a very amazing WWF debut as he and Angle went at it. Action went back and forth as Muta actually got some decent offense in on Angle. He almost had Angle a few times, but Angle got himself out of it. Angle ends up hitting an Olympic Slam but Ken Shamrock ends up charging down the ramp and sliding into the ring. He attacks Angle and tosses him over the ropes then starts stomping out Muta. Then, all of a sudden Owen Hart charges down the ramp as the referee calls for a No Contest. Owen walks around the ring and grabs Angle and slides him into the ring. He slides in and all four men begin brawling in the ring until all the referees charge the ring and keep them apart as the camera cuts to a commercial.

OR: 86%

CR: 81%

MQ: 92%

Booker Notes: ****, amazing match, had the chance to be a possible *****,. But it was ruined by the interference.

JR: Welcome back folks. It seems as if there’s not one, but three superstars trying to get Kurt Angle’s Intercontinental champion, and honestly, I feel bad for Angle. He was so happy about winning the title, but I guess he doesn’t realize the consequences of holding a WWF championship.

King: He has to be on guard, JR. Everybody knows that when you have a championship, you’re a wanted man. He has to watch his back wherever he goes.

JR: Speaking of championships, new WWF European champion, Steven Regal, immediately after his defeat of X-pac last night, is scheduled to defend his title against Jeff Jarrett up next. After losing the WWF tag team championships last night, Owen and Jeff seem to be moving on to new things. Owen’s obviously moving on to the Intercontinental title and it seems like Jarrett wants the European title.

King: They deserve both of them, JR. They got screwed out of their titles last night after having to defend against 3 other teams, so they need something to get themselves back up with.

A guitar riff is heard over the loudspeaker as Jarrett’s music begins to play. He walks out onto the ramp with Debra in one arm and a guitar in the other hand. He taunts on the ramp, then drags Debra down the ramp with him. He leaves her outside the ring with his guitar as he climbs into the ring. Then, British music begins to play as Steven Regal walks out with the British flag and his European title around his waist. He taunts with the flag on the ramp then walks down the ramp. He walks towards the announce table and leaves his flag over there, then climbs into the ring and hands the referee his belt as the bell rings.

WWF European Title Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. Steven Regal ©

Decent technical contest as both men take the action back and forth. Throughout the match, both men battle to get their submission maneuvers on each other, but neither one succeeds in making the other tap. Jarrett ends up accidentally knocking the referee out which makes Regal slide out of the ring and grab his flag. Regal slides into the ring behind Jarrett with it and cracks the flag over his head and slides the flag outside the ring as the referee slowly comes to as Regal locks the Regal Stretch on Jarrett. The referee calls for the bell as Jarrett is knocked out in the move.

Your winner via KO and *STILL* WWF European champion, Steven Regal!

Regal stands up and takes his European title. He slides out of the ring and grabs his flag and climbs into the ring with it. He raises the flag up and waves it around while smiling as X-pac charges down the ramp. He grabs the guitar from Debra and slides into the ring. Regal turns around towards X-pac and X-pac crashes the guitar over Regal’s head. Regal collapses to the mat as X-pac grabs the European title and raises it while standing over Regal as the camera cuts to a commercial.

OR: 63%

CR: 44%

Road Agent Notes: This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them. The WWF European title has lost image.

Booker Notes: **, decent match in the ring, but the crowd just couldn’t get into it as they expected more after the huge Angle/Muta match before this.

As the camera comes back from commercial, we see Terry Funk walking through the boiler room of the arena as he reaches a point and a dark shadow is seen in the dark corner.

Funk: Mick.. I know that’s you. I know these past few weeks have been rough, but you just CAN’T be like this. Porphyrion has to PAY for what he has done to you, and I know you can do it. You’re the Hardcore Legend man, and as one of your best friends, I can’t see you like this. I want to help you take Porphyrion and the Undertaker OUT, but the only way we can do it is if you’re READY to do it. In this type of condition, you can’t do anything, man. So what do you say? How about it, Wrestlemania’s right around the corner and the opportunity’s there.

Funk stares at Mick, but the shadow does not move. Funk sighs and walks off as the camera shows Mankind finally moving out of the shadows in his old gear. He stares off towards Funk and looks down at the ground, but then looks up again and you can see a small smile on his face as we cut to the ring.

Road Agent Notes: Terry Funk gained 3 points of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 90%, very good segment, bringing in the real life relationship between Funk and Foley.

JR: My god, King, I thought Mankind wasn’t here tonight. I guess we were wrong.

King: Well we may have been right in some ways, JR. I mean, he may be here physically, but mentally, I don’t think he’s all here.

JR: Well, in just a moment, we’re going to see the massive Porphyrion make his WWF debut as he goes against one of the most dangerous men in this industry, the #1 contendor to the WWF championship and the Rattlesnake himself, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

King: Austin may be dangerous, but you don’t see many men more dangerous than a man that is 500 pounds and 7 feet tall like Porphyrion.

JR: Well we haven’t seen the man in the ring yet, King, but he definitely looks impressive.

The arena gets dark as the Ministry’s music kicks up over the loudspeaker. Porphyrion makes his way out onto the ramp with Paul Bearer beside him. The crowd goes into a soar of boos as the gothic giant makes his way down the ramp. He climbs up onto the apron and steps over the ropes. He stands in the center of the ring as lights shine on him and he stares at the sky. Then, the lights cut back on as glass is heard breaking as the crowd goes nuts. Steve Austin’s music kicks up over the loudspeaker as Austin walks right out onto the ramp. He charges right down the ramp and slides into the ring and runs right at Porphyrion as the bell rings.

Main Event

Singles Match

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Porphyrion

Austin runs right at Porphyrion and starts hitting him with rights and lefts, but Porphyrion doesn’t receive too much damage and grabs Austin and throws him across the ring. Austin gets back up and runs at Porphyrion only to be hit with a stiff clothesline. Porphyrion beats down on Austin a bit, but Austin ends up coming back pretty quickly. Austin gets the advantage on Porphyrion until The Rock makes his way down the ramp and distracts Austin from the outside, which makes Austin end up turning around into a huge Chokeslam which JR called the Shock From Above and Porphyrion picked up the victory.

Winner via pinfall, Porphyrion!!

The Rock slides into the ring and starts beating on Austin until Terry Funk makes his way down the ramp with a chair. He hits Porphyrion a few times and finally knocks the big man down then blasts Rock in the head with it as The Undertaker makes his way down the ramp. He climbs into the ring as Funk runs towards him and hits him in the head with the chair, but Undertaker no-sells it and grabs Funk and hits him with a Chokeslam. Then, he lifts Funk up and sets him up in a Tombstone position as all of a sudden “DUUUUDE LOOOOOOVE” kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd goes NUTS. Undertaker lets go of Funk and walks over and stares towards the entryway. All of a sudden, Paul Bearer is heard screaming as all of a sudden Dude Love is in the ring with a barbed wire 2 by 4. Undertaker turns around and Dude Love smacks Undertaker in the face with the 2 by 4, making him collapse to the mat and blood start pouring down his face. Dude Love stands over Undertaker and does his patented dance to end the show as the crowd is going crazy.

OR: 89%

CR: 90%

Booker Notes: ****, AMAZING match for Porphyrion’s debut. Definitely a huge ending to RAW, as the crowd LOVED the return of Dude Love.

7.21 rating (80%)

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF Sunday Night Heat

March 7th, 1999

Masahiro Chono will make his WWF debut this week after recently being called up from the WWF Developmental territory against JOB Sqaud member, Al Snow. Chono is another Japanese superstar added to the roster after the recent additions of Jushin Thunder Liger and The Great Muta.

Two contendors for the WWF tag team titles, The Acolytes and The Hardy Boys will go at it in a match that could determine future top contendors for the titles.

After losing his chance at the European title on RAW this past week, Jeff Jarrett will go up against the massive Mark Henry on Heat.

In this week's main event, the WWF Woman's championship will be on the line as Sable defends against the manager of the Hardy Boys, Trish Stratus in Stratus' in-ring debut.

All this and more as the WWF invades the USA Network on Sunday Night at 7/6 Central with your hosts, Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly.

Edited by TheBookerMan69

WWF Sunday Night Heat

March 7th, 1999

Taped from the sold out Mid South Colisseum in Memphis, Tennessee.

The WWF logo flashes across the screen as we cut to the WWF opening video. As the video ends, we cut to a video package from RAW is WAR showing the debut match of Porphyrion and the return of Dude Love. As the package ends, we cut to the Sunday Night Heat opening video. As it ends, we cut to the arena where fireworks are going off and the camera spans the crowd. Then, Michael Cole is heard over the screaming fans.

Michael Cole: Welcome fans to Sunday Night Heat, and what a week we had this past week in the World Wrestling Federation. Not only do we have a few new champions after No Way Out, we saw the debut of Porphyrion this past week and saw him defeat The Rattlesnake himself.

Kevin Kelly: We also saw the return of Dude Love this past week on RAW, Michael. Terry Funk really knows how to work wonders.

Cole: Porphyrion and The Undertaker can’t be too happy about that, Kevin, and it definitely seems like Funk and Love want Porphyrion and Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

As Cole finishes, “What Does Everybody Want?!?! HEAAAD” kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd gives Al Snow a decent reaction. Snow walks out onto the ramp swinging head up and down before running down the ramp and sliding into the ring. He jumps onto the turnbuckle and swings head up and down, then jumps down. He puts head in the corner then waits as unknown music begins to play and Masahiro Chono makes his way out onto the ramp. He screams at the crowd and flicks them off before laughing, then walking down the ramp and climbing onto the apron. He steps through the ropes and stands staring at Al Snow as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Al Snow vs. Masahiro Chono

Chono made his debut and showed some pretty good skills from his time in Japan. Snow and Chono worked very well together, and Chono ended up picking up the win after locking Snow in an STF for the submission.

Winner via submission, Masahiro Chono

OR: 83%

CR: 66%

Road Agent Notes: Masahiro Chono debuted his new gimmick. Masahiro Chono gained 1 point of overness from this match.

Booker Notes: ****1/4, amazing debut match for Chono. He worked very well and impressed everybody backstage.

As we come back from commercial, Jerry “The King” Lawler is standing in the back alongside Trish Stratus and The Hardy Boys.

King: Trish, up next, your boys, Matt and Jeff, will go up against one of the most brutal tag teams the WWF has ever seen, The Acolytes. Now I know Matt and Jeff have speed to their favor, but how will speed help them against men that lay out pain on every man they step into the ring with?

Trish: King, Matt and Jeff here, they ARE the future. These two young men haven’t been in the WWF long, but I saw future champions in them. I saw two young men who could step up to the plate and hit a homerun with enough push and stratusfaction. They had their chance at the tag team titles last week, and they failed, yet they were the original number one contenders. Pimpin Gold and the Boogie Knights should NOT have been involved in that match. It lessened the odds against my boys and they lost their chance. But now the Acolytes are just another step. Another step in my Hardy Boys’ road to getting another shot at the WWF tag team titles. The New Age Outlaws already threw their challenge in, the Boogie Knights are obviously not done with Pimpin Gold, but when that’s all cleared up, the Hardy Boys want their shots. Their DESERVED shots, two on two, and they will do WHATEVER they have to do to get them!

Trish smiles and takes both Hardy Boys’ hands as we cut to the ring.

Road Agent Notes: Trish Stratus gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Jeff Hardy gained 1 point of overness from this segment. Matt Hardy gained 1 point of overness from this segment.

Booker Notes: 83%, Trish is REALLY helping the Hardy Boys get places.

As we cut to the ring, the arena gets dark and the Ministry of Darkness music begins to play. The Acolytes make their way out onto the ramp with the Ministry symbols on their chests. They walk straight to the ring, not changing expression the whole way. They climb into the ring and wait as the lights cut back on and “Live for the Moment” kicks up over the loudspeaker. The crowd gives a decent reaction as Trish Stratus and the Hardy Boys walk out. Trish is between them and is arm in arm with both of them. They reach the ring and she gives them both a kiss then they slide into the ring. Jeff and Bradshaw get onto the aprons as the bell rings.

Tag Team Match

The Acolytes (Faarooq and Bradshaw) vs. The Hardy Boys (Matt and Jeff)

The Acolytes laid quite a beating on the Hardys, but the Hardys always seemed to come back with their quick moves. Action went back and forth, with the Acolytes giving out the most damage. Matt ends up pulling a surprise Twist of Fate on Bradshaw and knocking Faarooq off the apron as Jeff jumps off with a Swanton Bomb for the huge upset.

Winners via pinfall, The Hardy Boys

Jeff gets up as Matt climbs back into the ring and Trish climbs in. Trish raises both men’s arms up as Faarooq slides into the ring behind them. He grabs Jeff, spins him around and slams him with a hard Dominator. Bradshaw gets up as Matt turns around and hits him with a huge Clothesline From Hell. Trish tries to run away but Faarooq grabs her by her hair. He hands her to Bradshaw and Bradshaw sets her up for a Powerbomb. He throws her up and Faarooq helps him slam her down for a Double Powerbomb as the crowd goes into a soar of boos. The Acolytes stand over all 3 of them emotionless as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 81%

CR: 64%

MQ: 98%

Booker Notes: ****, very good match, and it obviously isn’t over between them.

As we come back from commercial, a guitar riff is heard over the loudspeaker. The crowd goes into a soar of boos as Jeff Jarrett makes his way out onto the ramp with Debra in one hand and his guitar in the other. They walk down the ramp and Jarrett climbs into the ring as Debra stays on the outside clapping reluctantly. Jarrett climbs onto the turnbuckle and raises up his guitar, then jumps down and hands his guitar out to Debra. Then, “Sexual Chocolate” kicks up over the loudspeaker as the crowd gives Henry a decent reaction. Henry makes his way out onto the ramp with Ivory by his side. They make their way down the ramp and Henry climbs into the ring as Ivory smiles and walks over to the opposite side of the ring from Debra as the bell rings.

Singles Match

Jeff Jarrett vs. Mark Henry

Henry was very dominant in this match, but Jarrett made his way back. Match ended up going back and forth until Debra distracted the referee and Jarrett climbed out of the ring and grabbed his guitar. Ivory ended up getting to Debra and pulling her off the apron by the referee stayed paying attention to them as Jarrett smashed the guitar over Henry’s head and kicked all the pieces out of the way then locked Henry in a Figure Four. The referee ended up turning around and calling for a Submission as Henry was passed out.

Winner via Knockout, Jeff Jarrett!

After the bell, Jarrett keeps the hold locked in as the referee tries to get him to release it as D’lo Brown charges down the ramp with a chair. Jarrett lets go of Henry when he notices this and runs out the other side of the ring as D’lo slides in. Jarrett runs around the ring and runs to the back not even paying attention to Debra laying outside the ring after being knocked down by Ivory. D’lo checks on Henry and calls for medical attention as we cut to a commercial.

OR: 73%

CR: 74%

MQ: 73%

Road Agent Notes: Debra is losing overness because of her weak gimmick.

Booker Notes: **, decent match, the beginning of a Jarrett/D’lo feud it seems.

We come back from commercial to a video playing highlighting the Intercontinental title match from Monday Night RAW, showing Muta’s debut, then Shamrock and Owen Hart’s interference in the match itself.

Booker Notes: 82%, basically just a video to highlight the Intercontinental title scene.

As the video ends, we cut to Owen Hart standing by with Jerry Lawler.

King: Owen, Monday night on RAW, you got yourself involved in the Intercontinental title match between Kurt Angle and The Great Muta. What was the reason for this?

Owen: To be able to UNDERSTAND, King, you need to look at things more closely. The Intercontinental title is a VERY respectable title. So many legends have held the Intercontinental championship. From Pat Patterson to Stone Cold Steve Austin. From The Honky Tonk Man to The Rock. From my brother, Bret Hart to yours truly. Now look at the current scene. We have the champion, Kurt Angle, a man who has NOT proven himself to the least bit. I mean, what has he truly done? He defeated The Rock in his debut, yes, but that was only because of the clear interference of Stone Cold Steve Austin. Then he defeated Ken Shamrock for the Intercontinental title, it was beginner’s luck. As a rookie, he needs challengers that will show him what to do, and show him a true challenge. I want to give this man a challenge and show him what the World Wrestling Federation is really about. As for Great Muta, he’s a legend in the sport, yet he just finally stepped into a WWF ring. As far as I’m concerned, you have to EARN a title shot around here, and Muta, you need to WORK to earn that shot. Now that the tag team title is no longer around my waist, it needs to be replaced, and Angle, I’m COMING for your title and I will not stop until I get it.

Owen smiles and walks off as the crowd is chanting “Nugget” in the arena as we cut to the final commercial.

Booker Notes: 86%, good interview from Owen Hart.

After the commercial, “Live For the Moment” plays again as the crowd gives a decent reaction, as Trish, although not in the greatest condition, makes her way out onto the ramp. She walks down the ramp and slides into the ring. She asks for a microphone.

Trish: I know you all thought you’d seen the last of me tonight, but fortunately, I lived through the Acolytes powerbomb, and although I’m in pain right now, I can’t give up on a chance I was given. SABLE…. Get your stuck up b(beep) ass out here.

The crowd goes nuts as no sound is heard.

Trish: Alright, I guess this won’t be as easy as I thought. Sable, Commissioner Shawn Michaels noticed that you really need some contenders for your Woman’s championship, and after seeing what I did back in OVW and saw how good I’ve been for the Hardy Boys, he’s given me the opportunity to take you on TONIGHT for the WWF Woman’s championship!

The crowd goes nuts as all of a sudden, Sable’s music kicks up. Trish smiles and drops the mic and waits but all of a sudden the crowd starts booing as Sable slides into the ring behind Trish. She winds up and swings the Woman’s title, but Trish notices it last minute and ducks and superkicks Sable in the chin, making her fly backwards and flip over the top rope. The referee takes the Woman’s title as Sable stands outside the ring looking pissed as the referee calls for the bell and Sable finally climbs in the ring.

Booker Notes: 70%, Trish is getting over, but not over enough, but Sable’s overness helped it a bit. Typical setup for the main event.

WWF Woman’s Title Match

Sable © vs. Trish Stratus

Trish runs right at Sable and knocks her down. They brawl in the ring a bit, with neither really getting the advantage. Sable sets Trish up for a Sable Bomb, but Trish reverses it and hits Sable with a very nice Hurricanrana. Trish climbs to the top turnbuckle as Sable starts to rise. Trish jumps off and catches Sable in a DDT position on her way down and drops her down into what Cole called the Stratusfaction. Then, Trish went for the pin and got the 3 to a loud reaction.

Winner via Pinfall and *NEW* WWF Woman’s Champion, Trish Stratus!

Trish gets right up after the match and takes the Woman’s title. She kisses it but quickly makes her way to the back as Sable gets up and starts throwing a tantrum. She screams at the referee and starts pounding the mat as she looks like she’s about to cry as the show comes to an end.

OR: 53%

CR: 61%

MQ: 35%

Road Agent Notes: Sable lost 2 points of overness from this match. Trish Stratus gained 2 points of overness from this match. The WWF Womens title has gained in image.

Booker Notes: DUD, horrible match, but finally got the title off Sable and onto a woman with talent.

5.17 rating (73%)