Gamecube online?

Well basically my Mum just brought my younger brother a gamecube for his birthday which is in two weeks. Anyway I picked it up from the store today for her while he was at school. I was thinking of getting him a game for it as a present for me, and while looking around the game online store I noticed under hardware a modem adaptor. It says you can play games online. What's this all about? I could have sworn you couldn't play online games with Gamecube and thought it was only like PS2 and Xbox, or am I wrong or something?

Also are there actually many games that are online?

I read in ONM that Gamespy also provides the software on its servers to connect with a GameCube to the internet to play games. Give it a few months and Nintendo will realise they need to work towards internet gaming instead of this connectivity shite.

Edited by ADGray

Phantasy Star Online and apparently Double Dash,

The internet thingy is a way to use downloaded games but hey, We won't get into that >_>

It is? Why the heck are they allowed to sell that sorta stuff in like an official game shop? It was certainly for Gamecube though and said how it lets you play online games, but it also lets you play downloaded games?(Not trying to get into it, just a question)

Guest TheMysteryMan

Double Dash is only playable online only if you have this tunneler thing. it is supposed to fool the internet into thinking that it can be played online. only games with LAN multiplayer can do this. the only real online game on gamecube is Phantasy Star Online I, II, and III

It is? Why the heck are they allowed to sell that sorta stuff in like an official game shop? It was certainly for Gamecube though and said how it lets you play online games, but it also lets you play downloaded games?(Not trying to get into it, just a question)

Because it's a design flaw that allows you to play downloaded games, and not a feature.