Major changes to 24 for season 4....

BlackFlagg

Virtually all of the 24 cast have been axed as part of a major overhaul of the show, it has been confirmed.

Only Kiefer Sutherland will be back to reprise his role as Jack Bauer in season four, premiering January 2005 in the States.

The news means that James Badge Dale (Chase), Elisha Cuthbert (Kim), Carlos Bernard (Tony), Reiko Aylesworth (Michelle) and even Dennis Haysbert (David Palmer) will all be given at best just a few appearances in the new season.

Speaking at the TCA's summer press tour, executive producer Joel Surnow confirmed that the only other returning actor will be Geoff Pierson, who played Palmer's Republican rival John Keeler in season three. Come season four, Keeler will have taken over from Palmer as President.

Surnow also revealed that Jack will no longer be working for CTU.

Guest bruins72

Even though I really liked those actors (most of them anyway) I think this is for the best. The show really needed to stir things up because it was getting stale. They had to keep finding reasons to involve these characters and the story suffered because of it. Hopefully a clean slate will help things out.

At least with Elisha, her character was fucking worthless. Tony and Michelle, you knew they were gone after this season. Palmer too.

With Jack being out of CTU, that could mean two things.

1. Season 2 all over again, he's out but gets called back in.

2. What the hell is he doing back?

In the realm of things, it's Kiefer Sutherland that's important to 24, not CTU. This is a great move, and if they do it right season 4 ought to be really good.

Did they give any information about the possible plot/storyline for season 4?

i think they moved to washington for this season, i heard it would be about the CIA conspiracy stuff (with nina having been a person for the cia dirty work ore such) . . . but sinc i am tring hard to keep away from rumors and fantasys a lot about the show (aim chats with people that whatch the show unspoilt aswell kick major ass)

few days untill we get the dvd set of season 3 :-)

Case away = goodness

Kim away = major goodness

i thought we would get michell forever sinc sutherland is dating her in real life, annyway, you cannot trust 24 stuff this early annyway, they proberply don´t know the end of this season themselfs yet.

Off-Topic: what the hell did you just say Matzat?

On-Topic: This could be a good move, if done right. I was really annoyed at the fact that Kim went from this dumb broad to getting a job at CTU, talk about unrealism, so I'm happy to see her go, no matter how hot she is.

24 season 4 = said to take place in washington about a CIA conspiracy

Kim sucks, the girl cannot akt and the caracter was terribel after the first season.

Chase just sucks.

bah, i am to lazy to refummel it all, it almost 3 in the morning and i just came home :P

Guest kijlhumt

I like the possibilites of this season.

If Haysbert is out, and they rely on Jack having Keeler as the guy he has to answer to, that could be interesting. The rapport that Jack and Palmer had was because deep down, Palmer was an understanding man who always saw what was right and the right way to get it done. Keeler seemed to me as a power hungry control freak. That would be an interesting combo.

Never liked Chase or the way he basically became Jack's puppy at points in the season. Get Jack on his own, dealing with his problems in his way. That's what made the show in the first season; Watching Jack single-handedly bring the Drazens to justice MADE the show into what it is. It is a multi-character driven show with emphasis on a singular character effecting the lives and decisions of many others. THAT'S the brilliance of it.

Kim being gone is a good thing, as they were just involving her out of...well, I don't even know. I still think her best scenes were season 2 with saying goodbye to Jack on the plane and having to shoot Mathewson. She showed a tremendous growth in both of those scenes.

Tony, to me, is the second most important character in the show. He's the straight man, much like Jack, but he focuses on getting his job done the RIGHT way, rather than resorting to nefarious tactics to get it done. He looks for the moral way out FIRST and keeps trying it until absolutely necessary. Unlike Jack, who tries to get things done right first, but always resorts to questionable ways of getting it done.

I don't know what to think about season 4, as I don't know how they're going to keep the time aspect going and doing it believably. With Christian Slater confirmed for season 4, I don't know what to think, as we could get "Heathers" Christian Slater, with him doing his best Jack Nicholson impersonation or we could get "Hard Rain" and "Very Bad Things" Christian Slater and it'll be a fucking disaster.

I'm going to withhold judgment until the plot is released or hinted at.

I'm going to miss Tony, Michelle and Palmer. Not bothered about the rest.

This is my favourite show, and Chloe aside, I like, maybe even love all the characters, but I love Tony more then all the others put together. Even more then Jack. He's always been my favourite, even when I thought he was a mole in season one. Tony is so fucking awesome. I am actually going to miss him a lot. Tony was just fantastic. And now he's gone............. :( :(

I liked Michelle in season 2, but only in the same way I like Kim (her attractiveness), but I liked her a lot more in season three. She became possibly my 3rd favourite character (behind Tony and Jack), cos she developed into a great character. And like BlackFlag said, she kicked ass. I liked Michelle a lot, she was great, shame to see her go.

I will miss the president, but only in the way you do miss a major character after they are written out. Not as bothered to see him go, but the show will feel weird without him. Think he's most likely to return in a few guest apperances though.

Edited by timmayy

Guest Angry Baboon

i heard it would be about the CIA conspiracy stuff (with nina having been a person for the cia dirty work ore such) .

How can she come back? Unless it's a prequel. Cause I distinctly remember Jack shooting her point blank in the face. I doubt there's a way to explain how she survived THAT one.

How can she come back? Unless it's a prequel. Cause I distinctly remember Jack shooting her point blank in the face. I doubt there's a way to explain how she survived THAT one.

I think he was mentioning Nina in passing to lay grounds for the presence of dirty agents within the CIA.

It's great that Kim is gone. She was horrid.

But Michelle and Tony gone is bad. I liked both of there characters and the storyline involving them was a good one.

SHould be interesting how they explain all of the main characters now being gone in seasons four.

SHould be interesting how they explain all of the main characters now being gone in seasons four.

They already did. Kim and Chase took desk jobs so they could raise the kid. Tony is in jail. It would make sense that Michelle would follow him out of CTU. Palmer didn't seek re-election. As for the rest of CTU, they said that Jack is no longer working for them. The only thing left to explain is why.

there will be no prequell, they thought about making the show a prequell without telling annyone and than all of the sudden havin mason walk in ore such to stunn everybody but they decided against it because it would take the fire away sinc you would know about certain people that they cannot die now sinc they are still alive in the other seasons. - this was said by one of the writers on 24 Inside. (they also said that they made very shrrey that shery only was hit in the stomac wen she was shot)

I can hardly imagin a proffesional like jack would be able to not kill nina if he wanted to. Nina was ad an end annyway, it was a good move to get her out now, even if she is one incedibill hot girl (well ok that stoped a bit with the long hair) - all i need back besides of Jack is defenetly Ramon, most kickass 24 Character ever. . . . well ok maybee Clouey becaus she is an awsome character and just worked perfectly.

With Christian Slater confirmed for season 4, I don't know what to think, as we could get "Heathers" Christian Slater, with him doing his best Jack Nicholson impersonation or we could get "Hard Rain" and "Very Bad Things" Christian Slater and it'll be a fucking disaster.

I'm going to withhold judgment until the plot is released or hinted at.

He is?!?!?!?

Where'd you hear this? Details?