Doctor Who

Benji

That was a bit crappy. The writing was weak, and Jenny carried zero emotional impact whatsoever. I don't see why it couldn't just be his ACTUAL daughter (he has a grandaughter afterall). It was just weakly written with a weak plot, and weak action, and while I didn't mind the premise of a civilisation that has such low life-spans that myths are built in a week, it made a lot of the earlier stuff in the episode pointless. Like when the guy 'baddie' says "I've waited my whole life for this......" and its been like what, a few days!? Big whoop.

Also, Martha and her alien friend fighting with the evil dark water pool thing reeked of "WE HAVE TWO MINUTES OF RUN-TIME TO FILL! HELP!"

I'm not going to say it was outright bad, it just lacked any form of merit whatsoever.

I didn't hate it, but I just saw no point to the episode. Sure it was all filler, but at least FORCE a point out of it to give the episode a reason. Ehh, nothing horrific but I hope for better next week.

I just watched "The Doctor's Daughter" on Veoh, chopped up into 3 parts. (We're a few weeks behind the U.K. here - they just aired "Planet of the Ood" here Friday) My take is that somehow the Source saved Jenny - that stuff that came out of her mouth looked like the Source after the Doctor smashed the globe it was in - she didn't actually regenerate because the Source healed her.

The ending? meh. I hope it doesn't lead to yet another spin-off.

Took me about 10 minutes to realize who the General was after he showed up; Nigel Terry, who played King Arthur in Excalibur. Hadn't seen him in anything in a long time.

See I don't get the whole "it didn't have a point" thing. The Doctor has a daughter, even though he thinks she is dead she's not and she's obviously going to come back at some point, so that is the point right there.

It didn't set anything up and was just filler? Okay, here I'll hopefully prove you wrong.

The opening for the Time Lords return is now set, cloning her is just the beginning, who knows what they'll do with her genes and/or she'll do herself, Time Lords are 'at one' with the time stream (for lack of a less goofy term). A person can't cross their own time stream, but others can, The Doctor can't stop himself killing all the Time Lords, Daleks and worlds, but who can? Jenny can, that's who, the TARDIS itself created a paradox by going there to create Jenny, perhaps there's something more afoot?

Jenny was a great character, I felt she was really spot on with her childlike development, fighting against her father initially but wanting to be so much like him. The other characters were lacking, but she was wonderful and I was quite sad when she 'died', should've seen her not dying when she didn't regenerate, I mentioned to J that with her two hearts one should help her survive that gunshot, I assumed they just went without it for dramatic purposes until she was revived.

The rest of the episode was so-so, but it was clearly setting up stuff for this years finalé and if it isn't I will be MASSIVELY shocked and/or dissapointed.

It didn't set anything up and was just filler? Okay, here I'll hopefully prove you wrong.

The opening for the Time Lords return is now set, cloning her is just the beginning, who knows what they'll do with her genes and/or she'll do herself, Time Lords are 'at one' with the time stream (for lack of a less goofy term). A person can't cross their own time stream, but others can, The Doctor can't stop himself killing all the Time Lords, Daleks and worlds, but who can? Jenny can, that's who, the TARDIS itself created a paradox by going there to create Jenny, perhaps there's something more afoot?

Jenny was a great character, I felt she was really spot on with her childlike development, fighting against her father initially but wanting to be so much like him. The other characters were lacking, but she was wonderful and I was quite sad when she 'died', should've seen her not dying when she didn't regenerate, I mentioned to J that with her two hearts one should help her survive that gunshot, I assumed they just went without it for dramatic purposes until she was revived.

The rest of the episode was so-so, but it was clearly setting up stuff for this years finalé and if it isn't I will be MASSIVELY shocked and/or dissapointed.

That's how I feel about the episode, totally spot on.

Wait a sec, I forgot, did they kill off the Master in the last episode of Series 3?

Yes and no, he died, but there was clearly an opening left for it, plus "The Hand of The Rani" appeared and picked up The Masters ring. The Master has a habit of escaping death, so don't count him out any time soon.

Using John Simm as the Master again would be a copout, considering he died and the body was burned. I think a neat twist if they bring the Master back would be to cast Sean Pertwee....provided he grows a beard or goatee for the role.

Can anyone see a shit-tastic end to this season, with the Doctor, Rose, Martha, Donna, Jack and Jenny taking on whoever the big-bad baddie is...

And on the case of the end-of-season baddie, is anyone else thinking that it's going to be Dalek Caan? He's the only one who escaped, if you remember, and if Rose's false-universe has collapsed then he might have gained energy from that...who knows. I'd die if it was the Rani, because that'd be awesomeness (but she'll probably the villain over the 2009 specials...)

Doubt it'll be him, well, I hope not, a season minus Daleks wouldn't be a bad thing. The Rani is hinted at, they joked about "The Hand of the Rani" picking up The Masters ring. Rumours have been wild about Davros returning. Another rumour going around was that there will be no actual enemy, but that instead the last episodes will revolve around how the Time Lords return as well as what consequences this will have.